PDA

View Full Version : The Kvitova Bandwagoners

pov
Jul 9th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Reading through the threads it's funny to see so many praising Kvitova who weren't exactly in her camp 6 months ago. Kudos to those who've been fans before she became the flavor of the moment.

18majors
Jul 9th, 2011, 02:52 PM
I've been a Petra fan since 2010 FO.

TimeyWimey
Jul 9th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Reading through the threads it's funny to see so many praising Kvitova who weren't exactly in her camp 6 months ago. Kudos to those who've been fans before she became the flavor of the moment.

i don't get it, how can this be funny!?
think of Li Na, most of people in China do not even understand tennis before her RG breakthrough, now tennis practice is booming there, and a lot of kids begin to play tennis for the first time, Li Na becomes their hero and inspiration, so are these people funny?

melodynelson
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:01 PM
I remember a friend showing me a link to a Petra match in an ITF event in late 2007, the Bratislava SF against Savchuk. I liked how she played, and I remember when she beat Venus in Memphis and had SP over Dementieva in Paris indoors...I definitely liked her, was thrilled when she randomly made RG 4R (and the way she beat Stosur was hilarious, Stosur looked like SUCH a joke), but I never thought she'd get to the level she has achieved since the start of this year. Never ever.

And now that all my other former favorites have retired or moved to doubles, I am happy to see a little light at the end of the Azarenka/Wozniacki tunnel.

toxina90
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Tell me about it. A very large % of posters here during her post-Wimbledon slump last year couldn't say anything but 'fluke' and look at them now :rolleyes:

nevetssllim
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:04 PM
I became a fan of Petra after Brisbane. I consider myself to be a first-generation bandwagoner. :p

GoofyDuck
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I became a fan of Petra after Brisbane. I consider myself to be a first-generation bandwagoner. :p

Yes since Brisbane.

Her forum was really dead back then :lol:

FORZA SARITA
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:07 PM
i joined during Madrid :lol: watched almost all her matches there and i liked her :p
before i didn't watch her game at all :shrug:

bertoltbrecht
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:14 PM
I become a fan of anybody that beats Sharapova!:devil:

Excelscior
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Became a instant fan, since I saw her last year in Wimbledon, and didn't forget or give up on her after post Wimby Slump. I followed her this year, and picked her to win the French Open (post Madrid)and Wimbledon, since last year/earlier this year.

Been a voyeur on this wonderful site for a year following Kvitova (could only really do that here and a couple of other sites, though this was certainly the best one when following her non televised matches on Livescore to read game time comments). Some of you guys in her forum were really twisting like pretzels, in a cold sweat during the ups and downs of Eastbourne boy. Lol.

I decided to register when there was info needed on the GM that no one provided post Wimby. But I'm glad I'm here and I did.

Not sure how frequent I'll post here? But best wishes to Petra, her fans, this site, fans of other players, and Petra's new TF subforum.

Steven.
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:18 PM
oh please, don't be so full of yourself. People are free to support whoever they want.

Also, praising Kvitova (or anyone for that matter) doesn't mean you're jumping onto their bandwagon. :rolleyes:

borrowedheaven
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:18 PM
I've been a fan since Paris (indoor, not RG.)

18majors
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:27 PM
It's nice that Petra is gaining popularity. She deserves it.

Maria rocks
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:28 PM
I become a fan of anybody that beats Sharapova!:devil:

:mad::mad: Masha is gonna win US OPEN. GO MASHA:bounce:

tenn_ace
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:30 PM

Yeah, get a medal...

Sincerely yours,

Non badnwagoner

Lucemferre
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:32 PM
What are they supposed to do,degrade her?She just won Wimbledon of course they are gonna praise her.

Excelscior
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:34 PM
It was also nice, that I got real busy, the second half of the year last year, and missed Petra's worst tennis. Lol. I picked her up again right on time in 2011. Lol.

oh please, don't be so full of yourself. People are free to support whoever they want.

Also, praising Kvitova (or anyone for that matter) doesn't mean you're jumping onto their bandwagon.

Steven is right guys. People can like, vote, root, or be interested in any player they want, anytime they want. You know how frustrating and depressing it would be for most of us, if we only liked one player, and never liked someone else (especially with the up and down head cases in the WTA)? Please! You need to feel good sometimes. Plus like Lucemferre said What are they supposed to do,degrade her?She just won Wimbledon of course they are gonna praise her. True!

I got lucky picking and sticking with Petra! Lol. But the talent and youth, were clearly there/visible for me.

Jane Lane
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:34 PM
I've been a fan since I was there when she beat Dinara at the 09 USO...I just figured she needed and upgrade in my sig since, as the new WTA savior :haha:, I felt she no longer belonged next to Wicky and Domi down there. :lol:

ElusiveChanteuse
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:37 PM
I start to be interested in her since she beat Caro in Wimbledon 2010.:oh: She has been in my sig since the start of the year.:shrug: Not going to her forum doesn't mean you're a bandwagon-er BTW. :shrug: I love Serena but I went there like once in a blue moon.:shrug:

Chrissie-fan
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:40 PM
It doesn't matter at which point you become a "fan" of a player, but you're only a real FAN if you stick with her when things aren't going as well as you had hoped for.

Mattographer
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:58 PM
I wasn't a fan of hers before Wimbledon last year and I'm still not a fan of hers right now :oh:

homogenius
Jul 9th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Even those who were saying for years that Kvitova's whole generation suck jumped on the bandwagon (and they are becoming her most hardocre fanboys :sobbing:)
A lot of people also seem relieved to finally found a young player to root for who could kick Woz's ass in the newt few years :oh:

melodynelson
Jul 9th, 2011, 04:05 PM
It doesn't matter at which point you become a "fan" of a player, but you're only a real FAN if you stick with her when things aren't going as well as you had hoped for.

But who wants to be fans of players who just end up to be hopeless? I liked Krajicek's game in 2007, but what point is there in having any hopes or being excited for her now?

Fan loyalty is extremely oversung around these parts. It's one thing to only like someone because they're successful---the rest is fair game.

miffedmax
Jul 9th, 2011, 04:16 PM
I've praised her, but even though she clearly meets the qualifications I can NEVER forgive her for decimating my Legion of Blondes. We will have our revenge.

But yes, is there any reason not to praise a girl who a couple years ago was an overweight, flabby, inconsistent, underachieving player who obviously hit the gym and the courts to improve her fitness, her movement and her playing level to become a Wimbledon champion?

I mean isn't that what success is supposed to be about? She worked her ass off to become a winner and deserves the respect of fans and nonfans alike, and I for one will give her the props she deserves.

But I'll still be howling for vengeance next time she plays Vika. ;)

Noctis
Jul 9th, 2011, 04:20 PM
I am not gunna wagon her because shes playing the best atm like some ppl :rolleyes:

danieln1
Jul 9th, 2011, 04:26 PM
I remember I first started noticing her in that epic Safina match at the US OPEN in 09, where she saved some match points and played so well, I always thought she reminded me of Lindsay, a more powerful version, and I always liked players with this style of play!

And reaching Wimbledon semis last year and manhandling Kimberly in that Paris final made me a fan of her, way before this Wimbledon title, and I also find her barks way too funny!!!!

danieln1
Jul 9th, 2011, 04:30 PM

Ana Ivanovic anyone??? But I'm getting tired by now :lol:

Ferg
Jul 9th, 2011, 04:32 PM
I think a large number of them seem to be the same sort of people who jump on the bandwagon on whatever player of the month, adding them to their avatars etc. such as Gorgeous a few months back. Wait till she loses a few matches and they'll be back off again.

Chrissie-fan
Jul 9th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Ana Ivanovic anyone??? :lol:
Exactly. I respect Ivanovic' fans for their loyalty. And if and when she gets it together again victory will only taste sweeter to you because you kept supporting her when she struggled. I experienced the same thing with Capriati who's lows made Ana's lows seem like highs in comparison. But in the end she won her slams, reached #1, and so on. And I got a much bigger kick out of that than someone who just "supports" whoever may be doing well at any particular time, only to leave them behind when something "better" comes along. There's a difference between a fan and an opportunist.

Vikapower
Jul 9th, 2011, 04:58 PM
OP, you're exagerating since Petra in any honesty offered very little guaranties in the past.

Personally, I'm not her indisputable fan in similarity with Victoria, Julia or Maria but my admiration for her and like anybody who has incredible talent and uses it brilliantly for the sole purpose of the game is there.

That said, any who had seen her Live in US Open, who appreciates power tennis would forcefully like her - she made me thrill thus my appreciation, not my love but appreciation -- now, what bugged me with her game is her wildness, she seems composed but she was pretty wild in the past with her game.

I start to be interested in her since she beat Caro in Wimbledon 2010.:oh: She has been in my sig since the start of the year.:shrug: Not going to her forum doesn't mean you're a bandwagon-er BTW. :shrug: I love Serena but I went there like once in a blue moon.:shrug:

Yep, this is true, people think you need to post XYZ posts on somebody to be considered as his/her (true) fan -- kind of hilarious that fan-ship quantifies on the amount of posts he/she/it poster makes or write on a certain player.

I'm confronted with the same situation with Vee, I really like her but it's true I often end up posting negative things on her by desperation and her inability to concretize her talent on tour and for these many years but I really love her game.

BTW I didn't know having somebody in your sig had such an impact on others perceptions of you to a certain player !? So I do not have Caro in my sig then I'm not her fan for others !? Weird, I shall correct that.

hurricanejeanne
Jul 9th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Whenever a new-ish, young player has a breakout tournament (especially when they win a slam), there's going to be a bandwagon. Some of those people are glory hunters, but a fair number are new fans hoping for her to become the best and brightest on tour. Everyone who has ever had a die-hard favorite player had to become a fan of the player at some time, somewhere.

The die-hard fans and the fair-weather fans always get separated when the going gets tough. If/when Petra goes through another bad patch, that separation will occur. Until then, we as tennis fans in general have to accept her success.

Bonfire
Jul 9th, 2011, 05:28 PM
You know it's funny...last year when Petra got to the semis of Wimbly...I could tell this girl was the real deal and I was surprised to see so many posters here call her a "fluke" and say she was just another brainless ballbasher. I liked her game and knew she would develop into quite the player.
Then something funny happened. As a Wozniacki fan, I allowed myself to fall into TF's suggestion that it had become sort of a "Kvitova vs. Wozniacki" world here. If you liked Caro, like I did, then certainly you must hate the "real power talent" of Petra. I suddenly didn't even want to watch Kvitova's matches because Caro had been bashed so much by so many here and all of those "haters" would use Petra as the example of real tennis talent. I let myself be swayed into almost not liking Petra and feeling like she was the enemy:lol:
Then, after Caro's loss at Wimbledon this year, I started watching Petra's matches and I remembered why I liked her game so much last year. She was enjoyable to watch and there is something about Petra's quiet, inward and almost humble personality and presence on court that I really related too and I thought "f*ck not liking her...I'm a fan, and I don't care what anyone thinks about that...like Madonna and Gaga...there is enough room in the world for both to exist and to genuinely enjoy both at the same time if you wish to do so;)"
So I don't feel like a bandwagoner at all with Petra. I just forgot that I liked her because of weird TF reasons until rediscovering her again at Wimbledon.
Now I hope that she continues her success and I look forward to seeing match-ups between her and Caro in the future.

Apoleb
Jul 9th, 2011, 05:50 PM

Some of us are fans of the tennis and not personality worshipers.

If she plays like crap for an extended period of time, she will be ditched immediately. What's the point of cheering for someone who sucks?

I would define bandwagoner as those who jump on board just because she's successful, and not because they were taken by her quality of play. There should be no discrimination against those who genuinely like the tennis she showed, regardless when they liked it. :(

ElusiveChanteuse
Jul 9th, 2011, 05:54 PM
BTW I didn't know having somebody in your sig had such an impact on others perceptions of you to a certain player !? So I do not have Caro in my sig then I'm not her fan for others !? Weird, I shall correct that.

:lol: It's just my kind of way of supporting my fave players. ;) I don't have problem on others who doesn't have their fave players in their signature.:shrug: It's not like I care much about the posters.:oh: :hug:

Excelscior
Jul 9th, 2011, 06:03 PM
You know it's funny...last year when Petra got to the semis of Wimbly...I could tell this girl was the real deal and I was surprised to see so many posters here call her a "fluke" and say she was just another brainless ballbasher. I liked her game and knew she would develop into quite the player.
Then something funny happened. As a Wozniacki fan, I allowed myself to fall into TF's suggestion that it had become sort of a "Kvitova vs. Wozniacki" world here. If you liked Caro, like I did, then certainly you must hate the "real power talent" of Petra. I suddenly didn't even want to watch Kvitova's matches because Caro had been bashed so much by so many here and all of those "haters" would use Petra as the example of real tennis talent. I let myself be swayed into almost not liking Petra and feeling like she was the enemy:lol:
Then, after Caro's loss at Wimbledon this year, I started watching Petra's matches and I remembered why I liked her game so much last year. She was enjoyable to watch and there is something about Petra's quiet, inward and almost humble personality and presence on court that I really related too and I thought "f*ck not liking her...I'm a fan, and I don't care what anyone thinks about that...like Madonna and Gaga...there is enough room in the world for both to exist and to genuinely enjoy both at the same time if you wish to do so;)"
So I don't feel like a bandwagoner at all with Petra. I just forgot that I liked her because of weird TF reasons until rediscovering her again at Wimbledon.
Now I hope that she continues her success and I look forward to seeing match-ups between her and Caro in the future.

Very well written Capriati420.

I like Caro to, just so you know. I like Petra better, but that's only cause I felt I discovered Petra (as you did during last years Wimby) and been rooting for her and noticing her development and improvement, as others dismissed her, and other like me rooted for her. It felt like a special club or fraternity rooting for Petra, cause you knew something was happening. That's how I found TF and other websites. Wimbledon was the big release!!!

On the other had, Caro was already winning (though taking criticism for it), and I felt people were going to far in their criticisms. Lol. Unfortunately now (with her scheduling issues), many seem warranted. Let's see what she does in the second half of the year.

acetoace
Jul 9th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Seems like there are folks out there hating on Kvitova already. Ya'll just need to snarp to reality. There is time for all players under the Sun. "Badwagoners" don't fit in this case. This girl has been making noise for a while..... only folks like the OP wasn't aware or he/she belong to a certain group that thinks Sharapova is all that and soon as any beautiful girl with game comes around, they get threatened and commence hating.

Life is life......some have to go under for others to rise. Very hypocritical posture if u ask me. When pova won wimbledon in 2004, many on here jumnped on her bangwagon too despite being a nobody proir to winning wimbledon. So, what is the difference here? To me, I see a new one who appears alot more talented than sharapova ever was. She played my fave last year and I appreciated the quality of her play.

Some idiotic ones on here have the temerity to say nasty things about this gurl's physique and face? Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I will pick Petra before a I take a second look at sharapova come rain, come sun. At least, Petra has the body, legs, beautiful smile, gorgeous eyes and a femining looking shoulder unlike..... well, you know who!!!!!

fouc
Jul 9th, 2011, 06:25 PM

I don't understand this ethic. What is wrong in liking someone because they started playing great? I actually find it hilarious and sad that ppl stick to some players for years, even though they play shit and the brag about how *real* fans they are when she finally wins some MM

Bonfire
Jul 9th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Very well written Capriati420.

I like Caro to, just so you know. I like Petra better, but that's only cause I felt I discovered Petra (as you did during last years Wimby) and been rooting for her and noticing her development and improvement, as others dismissed her, and other like me rooted for her. It felt like a special club or fraternity rooting for Petra, cause you knew something was happening. That's how I found TF and other websites. Wimbledon was the big release!!!

On the other had, Caro was already winning (though taking criticism for it), and I felt people were going to far in their criticisms. Lol. Unfortunately now (with her scheduling issues), many seem warranted. Let's see what she does in the second half of the year.

Thanks,
It's great when you feel that special bond as a fan like that. And I'm so happy for the true fans like yourself now that Petra has won Wimbledon:worship:
As for Caro, some criticisms of her here are indeed warranted and relevant in my eyes but far too many are completely biased, delusional and given for all the wrong reasons.
I will certainly be watching her in second half of the season and I'll be hoping that Caro will bring her best.

CWTennis
Jul 9th, 2011, 06:31 PM
I'll never be a fan of brainless ballbasher! :)

Doully
Jul 9th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Imagine an up and coming young player gaining more popularity because she won the biggest tennis tournament in the world...:eek:.
How ghastly.

doomsday
Jul 9th, 2011, 06:41 PM
OP, you're exagerating since Petra in any honesty offered very little guaranties in the past.

Personally, I'm not her indisputable fan in similarity with Victoria, Julia or Maria but my admiration for her and like anybody who has incredible talent and uses it brilliantly for the sole purpose of the game is there.

That said, any who had seen her Live in US Open, who appreciates power tennis would forcefully like her - she made me thrill thus my appreciation, not my love but appreciation -- now, what bugged me with her game is her wildness, she seems composed but she was pretty wild in the past with her game.

Yep, this is true, people think you need to post XYZ posts on somebody to be considered as his/her (true) fan -- kind of hilarious that fan-ship quantifies on the amount of posts he/she/it poster makes or write on a certain player.

I'm confronted with the same situation with Vee, I really like her but it's true I often end up posting negative things on her by desperation and her inability to concretize her talent on tour and for these many years but I really love her game.

Vikapower is BACK I missed you so much:lol: too bad you weren't here when Maria reached W final and Azarenka the SF anyway not a big deal they will be unstoppable on HC:hearts:

Excelscior
Jul 9th, 2011, 06:42 PM
I don't understand this ethic. What is wrong in liking someone because they started playing great? I actually find it hilarious and sad that ppl stick to some players for years, even though they play shit and the brag about how *real* fans they are when she finally wins some MM

True! Lol.

And Thanks Capriati420

It was also good you threw away the Petra/Woz bullshit, and rooted for her this Wimbledon. You had earned it from noticing her/liking her last year anyway. And even if you didn't; so what!!?? :bounce: Lol

Aren't we all supposed to be fans of good tennis anyway?

AcesHigh
Jul 9th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Even those who were saying for years that Kvitova's whole generation suck jumped on the bandwagon (and they are becoming her most hardocre fanboys :sobbing:)
A lot of people also seem relieved to finally found a young player to root for who could kick Woz's ass in the newt few years :oh:

Omg yes! :sobbing: so many high and mighty posters claiming authority and raining hatred and criticism on generation "suck" have done such a 180 degree spin that I thought their heads would fly off. Praising kvitova and presenting "analysis" as if they had predicted this all along.

There have definitely been some fans that have stuck through hard times though.

doomsday
Jul 9th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Seems like there are folks out there hating on Kvitova already. Ya'll just need to snarp to reality. There is time for all players under the Sun. "Badwagoners" don't fit in this case. This girl has been making noise for a while..... only folks like the OP wasn't aware or he/she belong to a certain group that thinks Sharapova is all that and soon as any beautiful girl with game comes around, they get threatened and commence hating.

Life is life......some have to go under for others to rise. Very hypocritical posture if u ask me. When pova won wimbledon in 2004, many on here jumnped on her bangwagon too despite being a nobody proir to winning wimbledon. So, what is the difference here? To me, I see a new one who appears alot more talented than sharapova ever was. She played my fave last year and I appreciated the quality of her play.

Some idiotic ones on here have the temerity to say nasty things about this gurl's physique and face? Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I will pick Petra before a I take a second look at sharapova come rain, come sun. At least, Petra has the body, legs, beautiful smile, gorgeous eyes and a femining looking shoulder unlike..... well, you know who!!!!!

You such a Sharapova stan:facepalm:

acetoace
Jul 9th, 2011, 06:56 PM
You such a Sharapova stan:facepalm:

Of course..... my stand is pretty clear. I don't belong to the group already far up maria's azz. She is ordinary to me and there are many on tour I find more physically appealing and have game. It's all relative. To each his own.:rolleyes:

Jackdicaprio
Jul 9th, 2011, 07:01 PM
I like the way petra plays but I was always mad about how ruff she looked maybe now that she's big time gs winner she can try to look better and be my new sharapova. I like that one scream instead of many

ArcticMoose
Jul 9th, 2011, 07:08 PM
I'll never be a fan of brainless ballbasher! :)

:haha:but a fan of a brainless on-court coached ballpusher! :)

doomsday
Jul 9th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Of course..... my stand is pretty clear. I don't belong to the group already far up maria's azz. She is ordinary to me and there are many on tour I find more physically appealing and have game. It's all relative. To each his own.:rolleyes:

You can think whatever you want but atm Maria is the one who has more majors and certainly more accomplished than Kvitova.
I appreciate Kvitova and her game but bandwagoners are really going too far since she won Wimbledon.

acetoace
Jul 9th, 2011, 07:27 PM
You can think whatever you want but atm Maria is the one who has more majors and certainly more accomplished than Kvitova.
I appreciate Kvitova and her game but bandwagoners are really going too far since she won Wimbledon.

Too far? I don't know how old you are or where u were in 2004, however, your avatar says u came on board TF this year. I followed TF for years as a visitor before I finally signed up. Trust me, what u see on here ain't nothing compared to what happened when maria won wimbledon. Talk of jumping on the "bandwagon" and there u have it.

Stock rises, stock falls. It what it is. The world love winners and no one stays in lime light forever. Maria is gradually fading and will be replaced regardless. Hell, that is in process now.

Vikapower
Jul 9th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Vikapower is BACK I missed you so much:lol: too bad you weren't here when Maria reached W final and Azarenka the SF anyway not a big deal they will be unstoppable on HC:hearts:

:lol: Hopefully, in despair I missed almost a good part of the grass season and had to take a quick catch back on what happened and I was happily surprised to see the outcome of the event so everything is pretty cool from that standpoint.

BTW went through some other threads (WWW and stuffs like that...) also in GM looked like I missed some incredible crunch :oh: - BTW and that Slugwhatever poster and auto-proclaimed Maria hater, he, he, we need a diligent discussion on the state of her Greatness, n'es-ce pas !? :oh:

doomsday
Jul 9th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Too far? I don't know how old you are or where u were in 2004, however, your avatar says u came on board TF this year. I followed TF for years as a visitor before I finally signed up. Trust me, what u see on here ain't nothing compared to what happened when maria won wimbledon. Talk of jumping on the "bandwagon" and there u have it.

Stock rises, stock falls. It what it is. The world love winners and no one stays in lime light forever. Maria is gradually fading and will be replaced regardless. Hell, that is in process now.

Gradually fading? But she was close to winning a second Wimbledon and IMO things can only get better for her now. Maria has her part of devoted fans who won't jump on another one simply because she is not winning or less winning btw those bandwagonners aren't real fans but just gloryhunters just like you are.

acetoace
Jul 9th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Gradually fading? But she was close to winning a second Wimbledon and IMO things can only get better for her now. Maria has her part of devoted fans who won't jump on another one simply because she is not winning or less winning btw those bandwagonners aren't real fans but just gloryhunters just like you are.

Wrong...... I ain't no glory hunter; far from it. My fave is a 13 time slam champion. That is glory no other fan base has or will have for a long time to come. Like I said, the girl played Serena last year and I was impressed with her play. She is easy on my ears when I watch.

Unlike many on here hating on Kviotova for obvious reasons.....:haha:

doomsday
Jul 9th, 2011, 07:57 PM
:lol: Hopefully, in despair I missed almost a good part of the grass season and had to take a quick catch back on what happened and I was happily surprised to see the outcome of the event so everything is pretty cool from that standpoint.

BTW went through some other threads (WWW and stuffs like that...) also in GM looked like I missed some incredible crunch :oh: - BTW and that Slugwhatever poster and auto-proclaimed Maria hater, he, he, we need a diligent discussion on the state of her Greatness, n'es-ce pas !? :oh:

Oh God that guy was so exhausting(physically and mentally:lol:) I couldn't keep up with him I'm pretty sure he had rabies noone can talk so much in one day :help::help: I'm glad he's gone.

Wrong...... I ain't no glory hunter; far from it. My fave is a 13 time slam champion. That is glory no other fan base has or will have for a long time to come. Like I said, the girl played Serena last year and I was impressed with her play. She is easy on my ears when I watch.

I'm not hating on Kvitova she played well enough to win W, Maria had her Wimbledon a long time ago over your fave btw :lol: but what you said is about Serena, she is the one who is fading and not Maria who is just 24 so basically you're the one who is already looking for another player, a talented one.

Vikapower
Jul 9th, 2011, 08:02 PM

--> I wasn't planning to but hey,

Well, it's really unfortunate you have to boast these like that, a simple touch of humility might do you some well - moreover ask yourself if you would have still like the player you mentioned if she hadn't these accomplishments !? Apparently not since you only purpose is to come here and school others on my fave has or hasn't...

Gloryhunter is the perfect name for you, I have no notions about your age but discovering a player you didn't know about just the other day and impersonating her achievements like it was you who did - to have some notoriety on this forum - Sad but true Mr. Fake fan - you're everything TF does not appreciate in a fan. :lol:

young_gunner913
Jul 9th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Why does it matter the timeline of when people start liking her? If it's makes you feel so important that you liked her first, okay, congrats. You're just as bad as hipster douche bags who think they're cool for liking something few others do. Get the fuck over yourself.

Alejandrawrrr
Jul 9th, 2011, 08:06 PM
For the record, I've been a fan of GOATra ever since I first saw her(which was admittedly only @ Wimbledon 2010 QF.) For one, I've always defended that out of the two surprise semifinalists, she was NOT the fluke. What I find funny actually, is how NO ONE had anything bad to say about her a couple of months ago besides "lolol, brainless ballbasher," and yet post Wimbledon you can tell she's starting to develop some detractors of her own, especially from a few select fanbases. She hasn't got the hate-filled bile spewed at her that certain multi-slam champions have had over the years, but as she continues winning the big ones you just know it'll be coming.

Alejandrawrrr
Jul 9th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Oh God that guy was so exhausting(physically and mentally:lol:) I couldn't keep up with him I'm pretty sure he had rabies noone can talk so much in one day :help::help: I'm glad he's gone.

I'm not hating on Kvitova she played well enough to win W, Maria had her Wimbledon a long time ago over your fave btw :lol: but what you said is about Serena, she is the one who is fading and not Maria who is just 24 so basically you're the one who is already looking for another player, a talented one.

Where was this boldness when Vikapower wasn't here?

Vikapower
Jul 9th, 2011, 08:11 PM

ROFL :lol: I read in the Maria ex-WiNbledon thread that he was exhausting everybody related to Maria... lol it's true he wrote a lot from the multi-quoting and posts/day he wrote in Maria's threads from what I read -- he got exited or what !? :lol: Unfortunate for me but a salvage for you. :lol: ;)

doomsday
Jul 9th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Where was this boldness when Vikapower wasn't here?

Excuse me?:lol:

acetoace
Jul 9th, 2011, 08:16 PM

You're so delusional.....it's not funny!! Ok, maria won in 2004; almost a decade ago. A lucky one for her. There is a reason she failed miserably to replicate that. How many beatdowns has maria received from Serena since 2004? How many wimbledons has serena won since then and how many has your fave won? You see, ya'll were the "bandwagoners" that crowned pova as the next thing until ensuing events proved otherwise. She is stuck on 3 now and that will not change anytime soon.

Naah, Serena is still very much around and is still a potent barrier for maria. Watch for another beatdown pretty soon.

So, unlike you who is afraid of new talents on the tour, I am happy for anyone who proves to have the game and the heart. Maria was nothing but a hype and a make-belief who is fast running out of time. I bet u Serena will win more slams before maria does (if ever again).

Hating on Kvitova will not stop the sinking ship in maria. Age has nothing to do with it either. Li Na, Serena, Venus and KDK are older than maria; but still were able to beat the shit out of her. Question is: can maria handle the young guns? I don't think so. Just wait for more from Vika, Caro, and Kvitova.

doomsday
Jul 9th, 2011, 08:26 PM
I ain't a bandwagoner, like you said Maria is stuck at 3 since 2008 now and I'm still here supporting her comeback sine the surgery and already said that I don't hate Kvitova she has great game she fully deserved to win W and I'm not upset because Maria was not ready to win but she is certainly in a better position coming in US than Serena, who needs to avoid the likes of Bartoli.

Jackdicaprio
Jul 9th, 2011, 08:30 PM
You're so delusional.....it's not funny!! Ok, maria won in 2004; almost a decade ago. A lucky one for her. There is a reason she failed miserably to replicate that. How many beatdowns has maria received from Serena since 2004? How many wimbledons has serena won since then and how many has your fave won? You see, ya'll were the "bandwagoners" that crowned pova as the next thing until following events proved otherwise. She is stuck on 3 now and that will not change anytime soon.

Naah, Serena is stil very much aroud and is still a potent barrier for maria. Watch for another beatdown pretty soon.

So, unlike you who is afraid of new talents on the tour, I am happy for anyone who proves to have the game and the heart. Maria was nothing but a hype and a make-belief who is fast running out of time. I bet u Serena will win more before maria does (if ever again).

Hating on Kvitova will not stop the sinking ship in maria. Age has nothing to do with it either. Li Na, Serena, Venus and KDK are older than maria; but still were able to beat the shit out of her. Question is: can maria handle the young guns? I don't think so. Just wait for more from Vika, Caro, and Kvitova.

I can't wait to see what Serena fans start saying when Kvitova starts whuppin that tail. See how many she can win with kvitova in the way.

doomsday
Jul 9th, 2011, 08:34 PM
ROFL :lol: I read in the Maria ex-WiNbledon thread that he was exhausting everybody related to Maria... lol it's true he wrote a lot from the multi-quoting and posts/day he wrote in Maria's threads from what I read -- he got exited or what !? :lol: Unfortunate for me but a salvage for you. :lol: ;)

He is probably around under another account:lol:

madmax
Jul 9th, 2011, 08:35 PM
You're so delusional.....it's not funny!! Ok, maria won in 2004; almost a decade ago. A lucky one for her. There is a reason she failed miserably to replicate that. How many beatdowns has maria received from Serena since 2004? How many wimbledons has serena won since then and how many has your fave won? You see, ya'll were the "bandwagoners" that crowned pova as the next thing until ensuing events proved otherwise. She is stuck on 3 now and that will not change anytime soon.

Naah, Serena is still very much around and is still a potent barrier for maria. Watch for another beatdown pretty soon.

So, unlike you who is afraid of new talents on the tour, I am happy for anyone who proves to have the game and the heart. Maria was nothing but a hype and a make-belief who is fast running out of time. I bet u Serena will win more slams before maria does (if ever again).

this is funny coming from a fairweather bandwagoning tool, who abandons his former faves in search for a new ship to jump in:lol: At least we Maria fans stuck with her through glory and dissapointment and never turn our backs on her untill she call it quits - that makes us much more respectable fans than the likes of yourself, who's only purpose is to stan a new kid on the block...oh, and your precious Serena can't even beat worthless Bartoli nowadays and has to rely on chokes of younger players to win matches (like she did last year at Wimby). And she ain't getting younger either...

The Witch-king
Jul 9th, 2011, 08:37 PM
OK so you're mad that people actually like her flat kesha-esque azz? That's new :lol:

acetoace
Jul 9th, 2011, 08:38 PM
I ain't a bandwagoner, like you said Maria is stuck at 3 since 2008 now and I'm still here supporting her comeback sine the surgery and already said that I don't hate Kvitova she has great game she fully deserved to win W and I'm not upset because Maria was not ready to win but she is certainly in a better position coming in US than Serena, who needs to avoid the likes of Bartoli.

I guess USO will come soon enough. LOL @ your "in better position than Serena" garbage. Isn't that what u folks said in 2005 AO and 2007AO? Since maria was a fake No. 1 in 2007 and Serena was what?..... due to time off the tour? So, who won those encounters? Was it Serena who won at no. 87 or was it Maria who was, in your words "in better position" since she was No. 1 at the time, right?:rolleyes:

Slutiana
Jul 9th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Why does it matter the timeline of when people start liking her? If it's makes you feel so important that you liked her first, okay, congrats. You're just as bad as hipster douche bags who think they're cool for liking something few others do. Get the fuck over yourself.
Exactly.

Of course if you wind Wimbledon you're going to gain more fans. It would be more newsworthy if she won Wimbledon yet her cheering thread was completely inactive and no one cared. It has been a long time since the WTA has even had any player worth hyping.

duhcity
Jul 9th, 2011, 08:44 PM
So you rather her have no fans? You're cool.

acetoace
Jul 9th, 2011, 08:52 PM
this is funny coming from a fairweather bandwagoning tool, who abandons his former faves in search for a new ship to jump in:lol: At least we Maria fans stuck with her through glory and dissapointment and never turn our backs on her untill she call it quits - that makes us much more respectable fans than the likes of yourself, who's only purpose is to stan a new kid on the block...oh, and your precious Serena can't even beat worthless Bartoli nowadays and has to rely on chokes of younger players to win matches (like she did last year at Wimby). And she ain't getting younger either...

Here is another idiot just out his rat hole. Abandone my player? Show me a thread were I did that? On the contrary, there were many in your base that threw in the towel on maria. Anyways, not like I give a rats about maria. I can't believe you're that stupid and naive. Bartoli winning that match isn't a big deal given the circumstances and if u failed to see that, then so be it. By the way, I like Bartoli too and I wish her more success.

Obviously u CAN'T COMPREHEND... otherwise, U'll see I ain't like idiots like you u that stan a dying horse and are now frustrated and depressed. Kvitova has played Serena twice and have lost on both occassions, yet, her game has more potential at this point than sharapova's. Of course, u can't see that since your paranoid azz can'y tolerate other players success.:fiery:

doomsday
Jul 9th, 2011, 08:55 PM
I guess USO will come soon enough. LOL @ your "in better position than Serena" garbage. Isn't that what u folks said in 2005 AO and 2007AO? Since maria was a fake No. 1 in 2007 and Serena was what?..... due to time off the tour? So, who won those encounters? Was it Serena who won at no. 87 or was it Maria who was, in your words "in better position" since she was No. 1 at the time, right?:rolleyes:

Fake N1 my ass she had won US coples of months before anyway you can only link to the past, what Serena achieved back then was amazing I won't deny that but this is not going to happen today.

18majors
Jul 9th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Both Petra and Maria are good for WTA and we're lucky to have both.

doomsday
Jul 9th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Both Petra and Maria are good for WTA and we're lucky to have both.

Couldn't agree more, why not another meeting in Flushing Meadows finals? That would be great.

acetoace
Jul 9th, 2011, 09:01 PM

FAIL! At what point will ya'll leave that "shoulder injury" shit alone? Like at the last FO and Wimbledon, ya'll also used the "wind" excuse as though maria was the only player on the court. Bunch of BS if u ask me. I can feel ya'll...., trust me. Must be hard to be a fan of a sinking player......(albiet at relatively a young age according to u).

backhandsmash
Jul 9th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Sinking player? Maria? Now I've heard it all.

18majors
Jul 9th, 2011, 09:12 PM
^None of Maria's fans will argue that Maria is a better tennis player than Serena unless Maria wins another 11 grand slam titles. However, that doesn't stop people from becoming loyal Maria fans.

For your information, Maria has 5.0 million fans on Facebook, Serena has 633 thousand.

acetoace
Jul 9th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Sinking player? Maria? Now I've heard it all.

No offence.....just calling a spade, a spade!!

Jackdicaprio
Jul 9th, 2011, 09:19 PM

SO what? you hate Maria just because she's the highest paid female athlete in history and only has three GS While Serena wins 13 and still isn't paid as much?

You'll probably hate Kvitova too if she starts to get endorsments too?(If she loses that gut of course)

I just wanna know what the reason serena fans hate Marian is?
Serena owns the head to head?

backhandsmash
Jul 9th, 2011, 09:21 PM

If you follow the Race to YEC, you'll know she's kinda GOAT-like there. In "average points per tournament", she's not just ahead, she's waaay ahead.

doomsday
Jul 9th, 2011, 09:24 PM
FAIL! At what point will ya'll leave that "shoulder injury" shit alone? Like at the last FO and Wimbledon, ya'll also used the "wind" excuse as though maria was the only player on the court. Bunch of BS if u ask me. I can feel ya'll...., trust me. Must be hard to be a fan of a sinking player......(albiet at relatively a young age according to u).

You're the one bringing this up actually even after Maria's loss at Wimbledon, plenty of ppl were arguing about her serve being a serious issue etc... but not her fans and here again, I'm just stating that I'm still a fan no matter how what she is been trough, leave the shoulder and the wind out of this discussion.:rolleyes:

doomsday
Jul 9th, 2011, 09:27 PM
SO what? you hate Maria just because she's the highest paid female athlete in history and only has three GS While Serena wins 13 and still isn't paid as much?

You'll probably hate Kvitova too if she starts to get endorsments too?(If she loses that gut of course)

I just wanna know what the reason serena fans hate Marian is?
Serena owns the head to head?

Exactly. Maria has all the endorsements despite winning less than Serena it was always an issue for Serena AND her fans and dont forget the fact that any commentator love Maria and praise her anytime for this win over Serena in 2004.

acetoace
Jul 9th, 2011, 09:28 PM
^None of Maria's fans will argue that Maria is a better tennis player than Serena unless Maria wins another 11 grand slam titles. However, that doesn't stop people from becoming loyal Maria fans.

For your information, Maria has 5.0 million fans on Facebook, Serena has 633 thousand.

That is okay;...... the substance of the game of tennis ain't about popularity or any charade on a social website; it's about winning hardwares and glory on the tennis court and Serena has accomplished that way more than any current player. FYI, she's not ready to stop either. You know it and I know it.

Vikapower
Jul 9th, 2011, 09:34 PM

ROFL dude, triple-ROFL, so a player who's last 6 events has been SF, F, 3rd, W, SF, F is a sinking player !? The world #5 is a sinking player !? -- I really do not comprehend Maria haters at times and it really puts in perspective how difficult it to be a consistent Maria hater.

The champ. is so great that it becomes incredibly difficult to pull off disparaging comments on her achievements and the only solution is to become dishonest - Acetoace is a lightening example of a hater who has nothing relevant to hate relevantly thus his dishonesty.

I do not want though to put you off your moment of glory - Gloryhunter. ;)

acetoace
Jul 9th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Exactly. Maria has all the endorsements despite winning less than Serena it was always an issue for Serena AND her fans and dont forget the fact that any commentator love Maria and praise her anytime for this win over Serena in 2004.

......over time, a win that has been reduced to nothing but a fluke. Instead of 2004, I think I'll go with 2010. Thought that was more recent between the 2, right?

acetoace
Jul 9th, 2011, 09:44 PM
ROFL dude, triple-ROFL, so a player who's last 6 events has been SF, F, 3rd, W, SF, F is a sinking player !? The world #5 is a sinking player !? -- I really do not comprehend Maria haters at times and it really puts in perspective how difficult it to be a consistent Maria hater.

The champ. is so great that it becomes incredibly difficult to pull off disparaging comments on her achievements and the only solution is to become dishonest - Acetoace is a lightening example of a hater who has nothing relevant to hate relevantly thus his dishonesty.

I do not want though to put you off your moment of glory - Gloryhunter. ;)

Here is another crass saying shit just few months back about serena and pumping maria to no end. So, where have u been hiding since she failed to win FO & wimbledon? If I have to guess, I would say in a rat hole sobing maybe.

doomsday
Jul 9th, 2011, 09:45 PM
......over time, a win that has been reduced to nothing but a fluke. Instead of 2004, I think I'll go with 2010. Thought that was more recent between the 2, right?

A fluke because she didn't reach another final since 2011 well let me tell you that she lost against the eventual winner in 2005/2006/2007/2010 and 2011 she is clearly good on the surface and she won Slams on the others surfaces so it's not like she never won anything after 2004 and I won't believe that beating Serena is a fluke, because like you stated we're talking about the best player of her generation, a player who won 13 majors so try again.

acetoace
Jul 9th, 2011, 09:49 PM

To hell with endorsements. Money won on the court is what counts and pova is way, way behind in that regard. Like I said, make-belief popularity ain't working on the tennis court. Ya'll need to find another "handle" to use.

acetoace
Jul 9th, 2011, 09:57 PM
A fluke because she didn't reach another final since 2011 well let me tell you that she lost against the eventual winner in 2005/2006/2007/2010 and 2011 she is clearly good on the surface and she won Slams on the others surfaces so it's not like she never won anything after 2004 and I won't believe that beating Serena is a fluke, because like you stated we're talking about the best player of her generation, a player who won 13 majors so try again.

Exactly my point....... In all the years u mentioned above, tell me, was sharapova the only player who lost to the winner of those tournaments? I seriously don't think so.

Slice it however u like, losing to the "eventual champion" ain't NO glory. Rather, it sounds more like grasping at straws.

Vikapower
Jul 9th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Here is another crass saying shit just few months back about serena and pumping maria to no end. So, where have u been hiding since she failed win FO & wimbledon? If I have to guess, I would say in a hole sobing maybe.

:help: Maria made SF and F in the last 2 slams -- :lol: Do you know there's a world #1 who has yet to align these kinds of results consistently in the majors or don't you !? So what's your goal with Maria !? :lol:

Moreover, wasn't your fave supposed to just stand and serve aces past girls and breeze through draws just like that !? :lol: So spare me a bit of your moralizing. :tape: -- as strong as I battled the concept, the victory for the quest I fought is even more satisfying. :kiss:

Tennis doesn't work like that fan-boy and that keeps putting more and more in perspective as you keep mentioning it how overrated that AO was. Obviously it's much more easier to win a free major when your draw is composed of mental midgets and chokers (Petrova, Peer...) than when it's composed of much mentally stable ones.

And had it not been for Bartoli, we were heading for the same nonsense in Wimbledon apparently -- uh, Just like Halep, a set up 40-0 on her serve deciding to give away the match by distributing all sorts of confidence to her opponent. :rolleyes:

acetoace
Jul 9th, 2011, 10:10 PM
:help: Maria made SF and F in the last 2 slams -- :lol: Do you know there's a world #1 who has yet to align these kinds of results consistently in the majors or don't you !? So what's your goal with Maria !? :lol:

Moreover, wasn't your fave supposed to just stand and serve aces past girls and breeze through draws just like that !? :lol: So spare me a bit of your moralizing. :tape: -- as strong as I battled the concept, the victory for the quest I fought is even more satisfying. :kiss:

Tennis doesn't work like that fan-boy and that keeps putting more and more in perspective as you keep mentioning it how overrated that AO was. Obviously it's much more easier to win a free major when your draw is composed of mental midgets and chokers (Petrova, Peer...) than when it's composed of much mentally stable ones.

And had it not been for Bartoli, we were heading for the same nonsense in Wimbledon apparently -- uh, Just like Halep, a set up 40-0 on her serve deciding to give away the match by distributing all sorts of confidence to her opponent. :rolleyes:

Looking at Serena's battles on the courts over the years, u really think she's all about serving up aces? Wow, what assinine statement!!!

As for the rest of your garbage, just wait and see what would happen NLT 2012 AO.

doomsday
Jul 9th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Exactly my point....... In all the years u mentioned above, tell me, was sharapova the only player who lost to the winner of those tournaments? I seriously don't think so.

Slice it however u like, losing to the "eventual champion" ain't NO glory. Rather, it sounds more like grasping at straws.

Let me ask you sth, what do u think about Serena's win in Paris in 2002? Was it a fluke or NOT?

iPatty
Jul 9th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Why are we psychoanalyzing the reasons behind liking a player? I'm not going to come in here and brag about how long I've been a Kvitty stan because it really isn't that important...I'm not worried about why other people like her. If they like her tennis, that's great, if they think she's beautiful, that's great, if they are just throwing her in their signature until she loses in Toronto, that's fine too.

I tend to focus on the player, not the other fans. I would suggest others to do the same.

acetoace
Jul 9th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Let me ask you think about Serena's win in Paris in 2002? Was it a fluke or NOT?

No.....that wasn't a fluke because she won it on her weakest surface. However, unlike maria who ya'll and the media touted as "the best on grass", "queen of grass" etc. just for winning 1 wimbledon. Well, no doubt ya'll no better now!!

U folks do have a pattern that is so transparent. Since 2004 wimbledon, maria's best surface mantra has been repeatedly shifted like a goal. Right after 2006 USO, "queen of hard courts" was the word after just 1 title on the surface. 08 AO was the same. Recently though, ya'll have been talking of FO just because she luckily has decent results there. Question is: which is which?

I would think to label any player "queen of any surface", that player must have won multiple titles on that surface, right?

In case I'm missing anything, pls educate me regarding which slam maria has won 2wice or defended successfully?:help:

doomsday
Jul 9th, 2011, 11:01 PM
No.....that wasn't a fluke because she won it on her weakest surface. However, unlike maria who ya'll and the media touted as "the best on grass", "queen of grass" etc. just for winning 1 wimbledon. Well, no doubt ya'll no better now!!

U folks do have a pattern that is so transparent. Since 2004 wimbledon, maria's best surface mantra have been shifted like a goal post repeatedly. Right after 2006 USO, she "queen of hard courts" was the word after just 1 title on the surface. 08 AO was the same. Recently though, ya'll have been talking of FO just because she luckily has decent results there. Question is: which is which?

I would think to label any player "queen of any surface", that player must have won multiple titles on that surface, right?

In case I'm missing anything, pls educate me regarding which slam maria has won 2wice or defended successfully?:help:

Grass is not Maria's best surface since she grew so fast, her movement became more of a problematic but not so much on HC(she won 2 slams on HC btw) anyway I've heard what I wanted to :lol: doubles standards but I'm not surprised, Serena never defended her FO but it's not a big deal because it's Serena but with Maria it's a fluke even though she finally reached another final. I'm done here you just a delusional hater who can't get over the fact that your fave has been destroyed by a teenager while she had 5 majors and was the double defending champ:wavey:

JN
Jul 9th, 2011, 11:17 PM

I bet you're a blast at parties.

acetoace
Jul 9th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Grass is not Maria's best surface since she grew so fast, her movement became more of a problematic but not so much on HC(she won 2 slams on HC btw) anyway I've heard what I wanted to :lol: doubles standards but I'm not surprised, Serena never defended her FO but it's not a big deal because it's Serena but with Maria it's a fluke even though she finally reached another final. I'm done here you just a delusional hater who can't get over the fact that your fave has been destroyed by a teenager while she had 5 majors and was the double defending champ:wavey:

Maria 2 slams on HCs? Now u lump USO and AO together, right? I don't blame u since that gives u some cover, right? No,no, no....don't run away. Did u read your question to me? I answered u and asked u to tell me which slam maria won 2wice or successfully defended? I didn't ask u which slam she won on her weakest surface that she failed to defend. Since all other surface besides the french have been labelled maria's best surface, my question was why couldn't she defend whatever she won?

Maria grew so fast huh? Serena won USO at 17 and still came back to win there multiple times despite growing way bigger than she was in 1999.

Your silly excuse don't hold water. Clijsters went away, had baby, grew body and weight and still came back to win multiple USO.

I will label Serena, clijsters, Venus and Henin "queens of whatever courts" before maria is labelled as such. No double standards at all. I deal on facts; not supposed wishful thinking just because I'm up a phony player's azz like u with sharapova.

Cajka
Jul 9th, 2011, 11:32 PM
I was amazed by her performance at W last year. She was really great even against Serena, but then she started playing awful, so I thought she was another headcase. After her match against Kim in Paris, I changed my mind, but I still didn't think that she could reach the SF of W again, let alone to win the whole thing. I was wrong. But I'm always wrong. :shrug:

acetoace
Jul 9th, 2011, 11:39 PM

Serena was a 17 year old player when she won her first slam. Can u recall the multi slam champion she defeated to win the title? It's nothing new and no biggie. Kvito just wooped on maria who is holding 3 slams, right? Talk of pointing a finger. Can u see other 3 fingers pointing right back at u?

On the contrary, I'm comfortable with where my player is on the ladder of greatness right now. I doubt u're any comfortable with maria stuck on 3 otherwise, u'll not be hating on up and coming players making strides.:bounce:

Alejandrawrrr
Jul 9th, 2011, 11:52 PM
:facepalm: @ This thread.

Raiden
Jul 10th, 2011, 12:15 AM
^^Enough of this guys!

Quit squabbling about dinosaurs, start acting like proper gloryhunters and let's all just stick to tailgating the kool Kvitty bandwagon.

s teddy
Jul 10th, 2011, 12:43 AM
Would someone please explain to me how a thread about Kvitova became a thread about Sharapova?

Sam L
Jul 10th, 2011, 12:44 AM

She's really good but I'm not a fan of her game and I don't think I'll ever be. So not a bandwagoners nor in denial. :angel:

In that sense, she's like Martina Navratilova for me.

doomsday
Jul 10th, 2011, 11:11 AM
[/B]

Serena was a 17 year old player when she won her first slam. Can u recall the multi slam champion she defeated to win the title? It's nothing new and no biggie. Kvito just wooped on maria who is holding 3 slams, right? Talk of pointing a finger. Can u see other 3 fingers pointing right back at u?

On the contrary, I'm comfortable with where my player is on the ladder of greatness right now. I doubt u're any comfortable with maria stuck on 3 otherwise, u'll not be hating on up and coming players making strides.:bounce:

Of course you're comfortable you didn't choose one of the best players in tennis for nothing, you're a pathetic bandwagoner.
And yes Serena defeated Hingis, but Hingis ain't Serena who is holding 13 majors whether you admit or not Maria is a great champion who defeated the very best in order to win her majors I'm not comparing Maria and Serena here I know Serena is way greater but stop diminishing Maria's achievements just cause you don't like her or don't like how media use her name, or pay attention to her a lot more than Serena who is clearly greater; it ain't Maria's fault.

acetoace
Jul 10th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Of course you're comfortable you didn't choose one of the best players in tennis for nothing, you're a pathetic bandwagoner.
And yes Serena defeated Hingis, but Hingis ain't Serena who is holding 13 majors whether you admit or not Maria is a great champion who defeated the very best in order to win her majors I'm not comparing Maria and Serena here I know Serena is way greater but stop diminishing Maria's achievements just cause you don't like her or don't like how media use her name, or pay attention to her a lot more than Serena who is clearly greater; it ain't Maria's fault.

Diminishing maria? Far from it. Maria's game is what has diminished her over time and folks like u are struggling to deal with that reality. With her game down the toilet, the only choice ya'll have is to pump her endorsements as u do as if that shit will win her tournaments or matches. Did u watch the final at all? Maria looked like a deer in a headlight as the winners whistle past her right left and center. That was a final she had no business playing if Lisciki was thinking in the semis; but lisciki was an idiot that day. Vika or Caro in that situation would have smoked maria really bad.

Tennis wise, there is no basis for comparison between maria & Serena. That would be like comparing a 2 door car to a truck, get it? My beef is with how her fan base always hate on young players they perceive as threath to maria. Ya'll are still doing same shit to Vika, Caro and the German player that like to dance each time she wins. Maria was worse than the girl in her early days with that nasty "Vamos" crap. All players have their mannerisms. Just as ya'll can't deal with Caro as number 1, I fancy her as a new face of the WTA. She has pleasant personality that ppl love unlike maria who is cold and lonely on tour with no friends. Too much pride and ego but we all know she ain't all that beauty wise.:rolleyes:

Radwanska is another very beautiful player....yet, ya'll hate her for no reason since the beatdown she gave maria at the USO. The whole world does not revolve around maria. Get over yourselves. I personally will not date a girl with wide shoulders, flat chest and ass like hers. That is a SERIOUS TURN-OFF of unimaginable proportion.:help:

Alejandrawrrr
Jul 10th, 2011, 01:07 PM
:unsure: (Also, Lisicki*)

doomsday
Jul 10th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Diminishing maria? Far from it. Maria's game is what has diminished her over time and folks like u are struggling to deal with that reality. With her game down the toilet, the only choice ya'll have is to pump her endorsements as u do as if that shit will win her tournaments or matches. Did u watch the final at all? Maria looked like a deer in a headlight as the winners whistle past her right left and center. That was a final she had no business playing if Lisciki was thinking in the semis; but lisciki was an idiot that day. Vika or Caro in that situation would have smoked maria really bad.

Seriously Caroline :lol: the same girl who lost against Ciboulette, please Maria allowed her to win 2 games :rolleyes: you're a fucking idiot if you think that Maria was at her best in that final but bad days happen for everyone and Petra OTOH played fearless, a lil bit like Maria in 2004 Wimbly final. I can say Serena had no business being in W final in 2004 because of the way Maria ridiculised her but this is just a dumb statement.

Tennis wise, there is no basis for comparison between maria & Serena. That would be like comparing a 2 door car to a truck, get it? My beef is with how her fan base always hate on young players they perceive as threath to maria. Ya'll are still doing same shit to Vika, Caro and the German player that like to dance each time she wins. Maria was worse than the girl in her early days with that nasty "Vamos" crap. All players have their mannerisms. Just as ya'll can't deal with Caro as number 1, I fancy her as a new face of the WTA. She has pleasant personality that ppl love unlike maria who is cold and lonely on tour with no friends. Too much pride and ego but we all know she ain't all that beauty wise.:rolleyes:

Still talking about hating players, I don't know how many times I told you I don't mind these youngsters this is just how tennis works, they're gonna have wins over Maria and she is gonna have wins over them.

Radwanska is another very beautiful player....yet, ya'll hate her for no reason since the beatdown she gave maria at the USO. The whole world does not revolve around maria. Get over yourselves. I personally will not date a girl with wide shoulders, flat chest and ass like hers. That is a SERIOUS TURN-OFF of unimaginable proportion.:help:.

Your world resolve around Maria despite the fact that you hate her and:help: at the part about you dating her :lol: sth is wrong with you.

Monica_Rules
Jul 10th, 2011, 01:43 PM
I'd never seen Petra play until Wimbledon 2010 when she playd Jie Zheng and became a fan there. One of my favourite players at the top right now along with Maria and Marion

madmax
Jul 10th, 2011, 01:47 PM

Radwanska is another very beautiful player....yet, ya'll hate her for no reason since the beatdown she gave maria at the USO. The whole world does not revolve around maria. Get over yourselves. I personally will not date a girl with wide shoulders, flat chest and ass like hers. That is a SERIOUS TURN-OFF of unimaginable proportion.:help:

Oh hi sluggwhatever:wavey:
Why don't you let us know how you are obsessed with Maria from your original account though?:lol:

18majors
Jul 10th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Petra and Maria will develop a rivalry in the next 1-2 years but they need to be ranked 1 and 2.

Vikapower
Jul 10th, 2011, 02:31 PM

Maria made SF and F in the last slams, the caroline push-push you vent so much has had yet to put herself in similar situations to extend further, to "smoke" her Greatness as you say, push-push must already find a way to get past 3rd or 4th rounds in majors which her ridicule talent doesn't allow her to on a consistent basis. :lol:

So just stop with your theories of if Caro had, was, hadn't (...) she would, could stuff :lol: -- she didn't and couldn't end of story and this is certainly what you should learn to deal with.

Supposing now that Caro would have gotten to Maria, the manner Maria played Cibulkova tends to indicate more that Caro would have taken a double-bagel than the other way around :lol: considering that Cibulkova is a much greater talent than Wozniacki, inconsistent but greater proven by the Dane's defeat (despite the H2H) and that Maria schooled Cibulkova. So how would have Maria suffocated to a much inferior player than Cibulkova !?

Just as ya'll can't deal with Caro as number 1, I fancy her as a new face of the WTA. She has pleasant personality that ppl love unlike maria who is cold and lonely on tour with no friends. Too much pride and ego but we all know she ain't all that beauty wise.:rolleyes:

:lol: Good for you dude, but that ain't going to bring her any kind of majors. :lol: So let push-push keep being kind with a super nice personality but slam-less and Maria be cold, lonely and all other negative adjectives you have for her account pile up the majors or at the least records in majors to keep installing herself as one of the greatest talents the game has ever seen.

BTW I pity your lack of arguments at such a point that you need to put Serena in Maria's league -- I've really read everything and anything on TF now.

Did you know since that US Open 2007 Maria beat Radwanska 6 consecutive times !? :lol: Just give it a break, Radwanska has NEVER EVER been a threat to Maria and never will be. :lol: Maria was just that bad in that US Open nothing less nothing more.

Radwanska is Maria's pigeon and to be honest there's not even a reason to hate on a player Maria owns from head to toe, Maria is letting her tennis speak against that player for any kind of hatred. :lol:

18majors
Jul 10th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Yes, Radwanska is Maria's pigeon, no question.

theFutureisNow
Jul 10th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Would someone please explain to me how a thread about Kvitova became a thread about Sharapova?

Fromacetoace is a troll and pathetic hater. The end.

There is no player hated more on these forums than Maria by the Serena trolls.

Apparently beating Serena and being blonde is a truly unforgivable offense.

sweetpeas
Jul 10th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Became a instant fan, since I saw her last year in Wimbledon, and didn't forget or give up on her after post Wimby Slump. I followed her this year, and picked her to win the French Open (post Madrid)and Wimbledon, since last year/earlier this year.

The same thing for me.I just love her.

razzer
Jul 10th, 2011, 03:35 PM

Also, praising Kvitova (or anyone for that matter) doesn't mean you're jumping onto their bandwagon. :rolleyes:

I agree. people can change minds. gosh it is not a sin to change their minds.

Corswandt
Jul 10th, 2011, 03:38 PM
I don't mind the bandwagoners. In fact, I hope their gloating and bluster become even more crass and unbearable since for reasons unknown even to me I haven't done as much of it over the past week as I wanted to. Particularly as I damned well know that, once Kvitova loses to whoever in Canada or Cincinnati, we'll never heard the end of of it from the bitter, jealous stans who bet on the wrong Slamless Wonder(s).

Maybe the main reason why I haven't been gloating all that much is that Kvitty wasn't a "pick" in the sense that I took a conscious decision to support her to be able to brag later on in the TF Tard Wars if/when she won big. I pondered making such a pick late 2010/early 2011, but I eventually gave up and stuck with the fun, flairsome midranked players I already liked at the time (led by Kvitova, also Julinha, Szavay and Chak) since I couldn't force myself to pick some top tenner whose game I merely tolerated for the mere purpose of glory hogging.

Kvitova was simply the player I found most fun to watch over the past couple of years - even when she was blasting everything into the stands she'd still hit enough highlights reel rockets to keep me entertained. If she actually won stuff and climbed up the rankings, that would be good mostly because it meant additional TV/livestream time. I was conscious that not having a "TV favourite" so to speak, a player I liked withing the top 10 who was often on TV, was a drag, and that it would be hard to keep myself interested in tennis when nearly all top players bored me senseless and my favourite players could be expected to play televised matches half a dozen times a year tops. I certainly didn't expect that my favourite fun, flairsome midranked player would become a top ten player, and win this big.

Corswandt
Jul 10th, 2011, 04:01 PM
But who wants to be fans of players who just end up to be hopeless? I liked Krajicek's game in 2007, but what point is there in having any hopes or being excited for her now?

Fan loyalty is extremely oversung around these parts. It's one thing to only like someone because they're successful---the rest is fair game.

Sort of agree. I can't see why one would continue to follow/support a player who stops being entertaining in any way. But I have nothing against people who do so, plus the most delusional semper fi fanbases in here make for some good :lol: (case in point the Ancitards, most of whom seem to regard three years of uninterrupted suckage as some sort of anomaly rather than the rule).

But yes, is there any reason not to praise a girl who a couple years ago was an overweight, flabby, inconsistent, underachieving player who obviously hit the gym and the courts to improve her fitness, her movement and her playing level to become a Wimbledon champion?

I mean isn't that what success is supposed to be about? She worked her ass off to become a winner and deserves the respect of fans and nonfans alike, and I for one will give her the props she deserves.

Not sure if you meant this to sound like something you'd say of some shite hackballer who made the most of her limited abilities through hard work etc. I'll blame it on unfortunate phrasing.

But I'll still be howling for vengeance next time she plays Vika. ;)

It's inevitable that Kvitty will lose, probably soon, to someone out of the 7356592436 players in the Active ranks of your LOB (even without taking into account Territorial First Line, Territorial Second Line and County Militia), maybe even to hapless Toria (who malgré moi I can't help but like while laughing at her useless game), so you're bound to be able to claim revenge! one of these days.

As long as Kvitty keeps winning all the matches that matter. :cool:

miffedmax
Jul 10th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Sort of agree. I can't see why one would continue to follow/support a player who stops being entertaining in any way. But I have nothing against people who do so, plus the most delusional semper fi fanbases in here make for some good :lol: (case in point the Ancitards, most of whom seem to regard three years of uninterrupted suckage as some sort of anomaly rather than the rule).

Not sure if you meant this to sound like something you'd say of some shite hackballer who made the most of her limited abilities through hard work etc. I'll blame it on unfortunate phrasing.

It's inevitable that Kvitty will lose, probably soon, to someone out of the 7356592436 players in the Active ranks of your LOB (even without taking into account Territorial First Line, Territorial Second Line and County Militia), maybe even to hapless Toria (who malgré moi I can't help but like while laughing at her useless game), so you're bound to be able to claim revenge! one of these days.

As long as Kvitty keeps winning all the matches that matter. :cool:

Hey, my LOB is an elite formation, esp. compared to some of the sig lines around here. :lol:

I know you're just taking a cheap shot at me because you're upset you went with the 2nd best Czech player (Kvitova) instead of the clearly superior slam winner who won on actual tennis court, not on a tiny football pitch.http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/ap_photo/20110524/all/l5222534.jpg

Haaaaaaaruuummmppph. I have run rings 'round you, logically speakin' ;) :p

DefyingGravity
Jul 10th, 2011, 05:26 PM
She's got an enjoyable game, and she goes about her own business. What isn't to love about Kvitova? It's not surprising that she's picking up loads of fans: she doesn't shriek to hit the ball, she's got terrific strokes, she's looking to continually improve, and unless she suffers an Ana type of meltdown (not happening, IMO), she is gonna win more in the near future. If you're a fan of tennis players because of their game and talent and you just so happen to realize that someone's the real deal, then why is it jumping on the bandwagon?

18majors
Jul 10th, 2011, 07:37 PM
There is nothing not to like about Petra.

mauresmofan
Jul 10th, 2011, 09:06 PM
I wouldn't say I'm a fan of hers as such and I certainly critisised the way she went for broke on nearly every shot last year - when they went in great but she didn't have any plan b. This year she's reigned it in and I get it now and I get the excitement regarding her future because she seems to have not only the game but the mentality to handle the biggest of occassions. The power she produces is natural and she's the only player I have seen from the current generation who can and should dominate the game. Good for her and her fans.

Excelscior
Jul 10th, 2011, 09:35 PM

The same thing for me.I just love her.

Hey Sweetpeas! I hear dat!! Two Peas in a Pod!

Congrats!!

Slutiana
Jul 10th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Hey, my LOB is an elite formation, esp. compared to some of the sig lines around here. :lol:

I know you're just taking a cheap shot at me because you're upset you went with the 2nd best Czech player (Kvitova) instead of the clearly superior slam winner who won on actual tennis court, not on a tiny football pitch.http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/ap_photo/20110524/all/l5222534.jpg

Haaaaaaaruuummmppph. I have run rings 'round you, logically speakin' ;) :p
Ewwwww. I'm almost glad Lena D is retred just so she doesn't have to war that crap that Hlavackova is wearing there. Even worse than the rags they made Elena and her Bangz play in before.

miffedmax
Jul 11th, 2011, 01:13 AM
It is the tragedy of my life that I must always support at least one lovely player who is blasphemed by the horror of Yonex.

I blame it on the sins of a former life.

Joana
Jul 11th, 2011, 01:34 AM
Why are there 120+ posts about this?
People changed their minds about someone. Wow, shocking.

Brad[le]y.
Jul 11th, 2011, 04:32 AM
I come here thinking to have a discussion about Kvitova and Serena and Sharapova fans are bitching at each other :spit:

Anyways, I've been a fan of hers since the begining of the year as well. When I saw her play at AO and Wimbledon last year I thought she could end up winning a slam in her career, but I didn't think it would be so soon. To think over a year ago she was outside the top 50 :lol:

C. Drone
Jul 11th, 2011, 09:53 AM
People have opinions. Showing respect and giving credit to her. What a shame.

Ralph214
Jul 11th, 2011, 09:58 AM
I'm a Petra fan since Wimbledon '10 :cheer:

Fantasy Hero
Jul 11th, 2011, 10:01 AM
saw her live in Linz two years ago and i was impressed by her game, but despite the fact that i recognize her power and talent i can't be a fan of her and even though i'm happy she won wimbly as she totally deserved it, that won't change the fact that i'm not a fan :shrug:

Excelscior
Jul 11th, 2011, 01:36 PM
This is quite amusing.

We are alllllllll entitled to discover, like, switch, dislike, Re-like, and jump off or on the bandwagon of any player (or good/bad play that we like or dislike) we so choose!!!

It's the nature of the business. These players can break your hearts. Lol.

And for all of us, that were on the early Petra Bandwagon, we welcome any new fans or people with interest. Why wouldn't we? Nobody has a claim or ownership on being someones fan. That would be dumb!

Now it's stupid for envious haters to try to poke fun of people liking a good, young tennis player, they just saw excel (maybe for the first time, for them) on the biggest stage . What would you expect them to do (be Hating)? They're tennis fans!

Duuuh! That's just stupid all together!

I'm glad most posters here, just stuck to the plan, and told us when they liked her, or found her game impressive (even if they didn't become fans).

18majors
Jul 11th, 2011, 02:38 PM
A power women tennis player like Petra doesn't come around often.

moemoe
Jul 11th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Yeah I love Maria but I aint mad at Petra for beating Her. She just sent those winners flying by I love that kind of playing. Thats why I love Maria but Petra looks like it comes so much easier to her. She better not have a letdown rest of the season

laurie
Jul 13th, 2011, 11:20 PM
I really got into Kvitova when I saw her play live in the Eastbourne final last month. Even though she lost the match to Bartoli, I found myself really enjoying her game and her attitude. Especially going for her shots and not playing safe even when behind in the score. I've always gravitated to these kind of players over the last 20 years.

Before that, I saw her have some good matches like in Madrid in May, I'm definitely a fan.

Graftard
Jul 13th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Kvitova is the best thing to happen to tennis, which has recently started to be dominated by grinders, baseline huggers, counterpunchers and cowardly moonballers who are unable to attack to save their lives. Subconsciously people want to see attacking, first strike tennis and effortless technique and Petra delivers in that regard.

laurie
Jul 13th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Kvitova is the best thing to happen to tennis, which has recently started to be dominated by grinders, baseline huggers, counterpunchers and cowardly moonballers who are unable to attack to save their lives. Subconsciously people want to see attacking, first strike tennis and effortless technique and Petra delivers in that regard.

Azarenka is considered an aggressive baseliner right? Well in the semifinal, she was reduced to counterpuncher the whole match, it all depended on Kvitova's racquet, the winners and mistakes.

For those old enough, it puts into perspective why Courier and Agassi suffered so much frustration when they played Sampras. They were the aggressive baseliners but when they played Sampras, it was more down to him how the match went, they were not used to being in that situation against other opponents.

Graftard
Jul 13th, 2011, 11:50 PM
Azarenka is considered an aggressive baseliner right? Well in the semifinal, she was reduced to counterpuncher the whole match, it all depended on Kvitova's racquet, the winners and mistakes.

Vika is a grinder by nature, she's not an aggressive baseliner. Sure, she can overpower some low ranked players, but against a real ballstriker she falls back on her consistent grinding from the baseline, which is precisely how she took a set off Kvitova in Wimby. I never understood why people consider her style offensive. She has trouble generating pace. She lacks strength to hit a forehand. Only her backhand is something that closely resembles a weapon. To me this is why Vika failed her expectations: She's not strong enough to hit hard, not fit enough to grind and doesn't have the endurance to outlast her opponents.

For those old enough, it puts into perspective why Courier and Agassi suffered so much frustration when they played Sampras. They were the aggressive baseliners but when they played Sampras, it was more down to him how the match went, they were not used to being in that situation against other opponents.

Sampras was a titanic server in an era of quick surfaces, which encouraged first strike tennis and S&V play. This style is gone now thanks to slowing down of surfaces. Players like Kvitova and Serena Williams would be almost unbreakable on 90's grass.

Rainie Conner
Aug 7th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Spare a thought for the poor LISICKI bandwagoners!