PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Show Idea: Thoughts

thetennistimes
Jul 9th, 2011, 01:42 PM
We have been thinking about doing a bit of an online tennis show for some time now, but Im trying to gauge if anyone would actually watch it...

The show would be basically some people chatting on skype, live video, and running through the latest results, news and whats happening in the game.

We could get some top players on the show and also famous faces.. What does everyone think?

Wert.
Jul 9th, 2011, 01:43 PM
I like the idea :)

thetennistimes
Jul 9th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Cool.. any feedback on what you would like to see in the show?

thetennistimes
Jul 9th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Is no one else going to provide any feedback?? please ..

DefyingGravity
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:00 PM
I think some insight into what the locker room is like would be cool. It's the only part we never really get to see on a regular basis. Also, maybe following different players on like a video-blog segment would be pretty cool.

Aramitz_II
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:01 PM
We have been thinking about doing a bit of an online tennis show for some time now, but Im trying to gauge if anyone would actually watch it...

The show would be basically some people chatting on skype, live video, and running through the latest results, news and whats happening in the game.

We could get some top players on the show and also famous faces.. What does everyone think?

Sounds interesting, what platform do you plan to use. You might be considering P2PTV in one form or another.

SV_Fan
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Could Aretha Franklin sing the theme song :) ??

thetennistimes
Jul 9th, 2011, 04:48 PM
First of all.. what is P2PTV I couldnt find anything about it... Guessing its software and not a platform.

Aretha Franklin can be done ;)

Wiggly
Jul 9th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Karaoke show.

Imagine Serena and Novak doing the Singles Ladies choregraphy.

Sammo
Jul 9th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Could Aretha Franklin sing the theme song :) ??

When they talk about the Williams sisters they could use ''Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves'' :lol:

Anyway, how're you guys supposed to get the top players? No offense but they're extremely busy people

thetennistimes
Jul 9th, 2011, 05:31 PM
It is better to start off small and then hopefully get some top players over time.

¤CharlDa¤
Jul 9th, 2011, 05:56 PM
I think the best idea would actually be NOT to be aiming for top players, but actually make a show that covers ITF events and journeywomen that have been on the tour for years. They are the ones that deserve the media attention as, as it has been mentionned before, the top players are already very busy and seen in the media.

This way, you could also easily find posters from here who are attention big ITFs or smaller events, and players there are actually much more inclined to participate to such things!

SHILIN-GOAT
Jul 9th, 2011, 06:02 PM
just keep showing our Princess Karolina :bigwave:

*JR*
Jul 9th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Thing is they get a whiff of success and run like hell from here, as if its gonna get them blackballed from any future WC's (like our "illustrious" Jamie On Court, aka Jamie Hampton). Even Kimiko left in preparation for her comeback, she might have just wanted to introduce her name to fans here too young to remember her. Maybe retired players would be more likely to stick around (like CD's lovely pal Melanie MAH-wah, from the Kuh-BECK City area).

thetennistimes
Jul 9th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Yeh.. I think it would be good to have a consistent line up of a few people and then have a guest or two every week. Younger players and older players are going to be more inclined to join the lineup.

It would also be great to get more people to go to the tournaments.. take photos and send them to our site.. we are always looking to add as much content as possible.

Aramitz_II
Jul 10th, 2011, 02:35 PM
First of all.. what is P2PTV I couldnt find anything about it... Guessing its software and not a platform.

Aretha Franklin can be done ;)

It is a concept. There is a number of different software to full fill the concept.
it is file-sharing for streaming media. You can read more here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P2PTV

or you can try for instans

http://www.veetle.com

The generel idea is pyramid scheme you send a signal to 2 user who both send the signal on to 2 others, on this way you can deal with a large number user without having a gigantic Internet capability. The drawback is of course that if a user low in the pyramid stop seeing TV he cut-off everybody below him. To prevent that the net uses different form of redundancy and also more that one internal net.

thetennistimes
Jul 10th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Will have a read about the software. There are a few other programs I had in mind, but will check it out