PDA

View Full Version : Betty Ford dies at age 93, the wife of former President Gerald Ford.

tennis-insomniac
Jul 9th, 2011, 12:17 PM
dX0vH6iAhfs

True Legend :worship: She is my hero :)

RIP.

Barrie_Dude
Jul 9th, 2011, 12:22 PM
R.I.P Mrs Ford :sad:

Alizé Molik
Jul 9th, 2011, 12:22 PM
that's what a life devoted to service looks like.

matthias
Jul 9th, 2011, 06:40 PM
her name will known forever, thanks to the "Betty Ford Clinic"

*JR*
Jul 9th, 2011, 10:47 PM
her name will known forever, thanks to the "Betty Ford Clinic"

Helen should spill the dirt on some of the stars who went there for detox. ;)

RIP to one of the absolute gutsiest First Ladies ever. :hatoff: Her only competitors in this regard were Woodrow Wilson's 2nd wife Edith (http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/first-ladies/edithwilson), who basically ran the Administration after his 1919 stroke, of course Eleanor Roosevelt, and the Hillary who unsuccessfully fought for a health care plan in '93 and '94.

Helen Lawson
Jul 11th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Not being into booze and dope, I don't have any real knowledge of those going to Betty Ford. I know the fourth time Neely filed bankruptcy, she listed Betty Ford Center as being owed over $1 million, so she was obviously there several times. Anne Welles has been there, Jennifer North wanted to go but her "art" films barely covered to cost of Tony's sanitarium.

But my real story, now that dear Betty is gone, I can break my silence. I had an affair with Gerald. It was brief, he loved Betty, but I am, after all, me. He was hot and a dear man, I would have stole him from Betty if I could have, but I'm not exactly White House material. Heck, I'm not even beige house material. Then that tramp Nancy Davis got in there! Oh, well, live and learn. Maybe I can steal Obama from Michelle. I still have it going on!

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 11th, 2011, 11:40 PM
RIP to a lady who made a difference :kiss:

Helen Lawson
Jul 11th, 2011, 11:47 PM
Stevie Nicks did a nice interview/tribute saying Betty Ford saved her life, Betty actually would talk to the groups.