PDA

View Full Version : Båstad F: [8] Hercog def. Larsson 64 75

Andreas
Jul 9th, 2011, 11:56 AM
First WTA title for Polona! :hearts: Nice to see her happy on a tennis court again.
Eleni should give her some of the good love tonight.

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 9th, 2011, 11:57 AM
congrats Polona ;) :D
Johanna :hug:

SloKid
Well done, Polona! :D

jrm
what a bad match

Sabinator.
I'm soooooooo happy :sobbing:

Polona :inlove: :hearts: :bigclap: :bounce:

Noctis
Jul 9th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Congrats.

Natash.
Jul 9th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Polona :sobbing: :hearts: :worship: Great job. So glad she didn't blow it when she failed to serve it out in the second. More of this please!

Libertango
Jul 9th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Well done Polona!!

What's this about Eleni? ;)

Melange
Jul 9th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Someone called out "Johanna" in the last game, wonder if he was thrown out for being over emotional. Why are they playing the theme from Dallas :help:

SVK
Jul 9th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Very good quality tennis, winner after winner after winner until Johanna get broken to 3-4, then she started missing very much and then later she started to be more passive. And the quality was much much worse. Still at least Portoroz points defended:)

And LOL @ some people calling Johanna pusher. She has forehand capable of pruducing a lot of winners, is attacking the net quite often with a good volleys and is able to make a point there, and has a plan - hitting from side to side and trying to find the lines...just today she wasn´t very successful with this she also used to have a decent serve, today she was using topsin almost everytime though...Harmless backhand doesn´t mean that a player is pusher, just people here are obssessed already with pushing and ballbashing that much that they don´t see anything between that...or they are not objective enough.

backhandsmash
Jul 9th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Moonball paradise at the end there. :lol:

Corswandt
Jul 9th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Saw the last handful of games of this, and that was some hardk0re moonballing - both players going all the way to Lappland just to avoid hitting a BH and pumping topspin from kms behind the baseline.

LOLOLOL game aside, it didn't make for fun viewing as Sexxy Polonia was looking frumpy (and it isn't just the lesbo haircut) and Johanna Jenny's iconic 1990s retro biker bandanna was nowhere to be seen.

The Kaz
Jul 9th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Polona! :banana:

JLo :bigcry:

BlueTrees
Jul 9th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Johanna :sobbing:

Congrats Polona for first WTA title! :)

Shiffrin
Jul 9th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Polona :inlove: So so so happy for you :sobbing:

You finally did it,after horrible start of the year. :tears:

In Bastad Garros poll she was the only one who got 0 votes. :happy:

Johanna :hug: There will be other oppurtunities and I believe we'll soon see her with first title. Maybe already in Bad Gastein. ;)

Best day ever!!!!!! :inlove:

Corswandt
Jul 9th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Johanna [...] she also used to have a decent serve, today she was using topsin almost everytime though...

Johanna Jenny doesn't have a flat serve. And as for kickers, it was Polonia's that was doing most of the damage today from what I saw.

JustPetko
Polona, finally :worship:

Natash.
Her hair doesn't look so bad when she doesn't have the cap on.

Sasja
JoLa :sad: :hug:

Congrats on the 1st WTA title for Polona :)

Boreas
Jul 9th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Well done Polona!!

What's this about Eleni? ;)

The only interesting thing about Hercog - she's dating Eleni...

SVK
Jul 9th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Johanna Jenny doesn't have a flat serve. And as for kickers, it was Polonia's that was doing most of the damage today from what I saw.

Not flat, but it´s also not her weakness, today she...didn´t go for this that much, she is able to go for an ace and hit some of them in the match..today I actually didn´t see this very much (and she even didn´t hit any). But I like the way both Johanna and Polona are serving those kick serves.

SVK
Jul 9th, 2011, 12:14 PM
I definitely missed something here...and at first, when Eleni splited up with Woehr?

Bahu
Jul 9th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Polona :bounce:

Slutiana
Jul 9th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Polona actually played pretty well until it got close to the end. Even our #1 would've been proud of some of the moonballing at the end of the match, and a better player would've beaten Polona after the choke.

But yeah, a good tournament but she has SO MUCH to work on though if she wants to be anything more than a MM queen for the next few years. I said it all earlier on this week, but more than anything, she needs to stop trying to be so fucking cute all the time. There were at least 3 times in the match when she had easy shoulder high FH volleys into and open court, and instead of punching it away, she decided to do some stupid drop volley which more resembled a lob and lost the point.

Oh, and at 6-4 1-0* 0-30 Polona hit a backhand DTL winner from behind the baseline. :sobbing: Incredible.

First WTA title for Polona! :hearts: Nice to see her happy on a tennis court again.
Eleni should give her some of the good love tonight.
:worship: I was disappointed that she didn't give Eleni a kiss or even a hug at the end.

Corswandt
Jul 9th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Polona [...] has SO MUCH to work on though if she wants to be anything more than a MM queen for the next few years.

Though framed in cautious terms (tennis analysis equivalent of a humblebrag?), this implies a potential for improvement that I completely fail to see in her.

Then again I see it in BoJo and I'm probably dead wrong as well.

Vefci Y
Jul 9th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Polona:bounce::bounce::bounce:,I love you!:hearts::hearts:What a great fighting this week!!:hearts::hearts:
Johanna:hug::hug:

Lennval
Jul 9th, 2011, 12:29 PM
So happy Polona got her first title here, she totally deserved it! And I knew she could do it. As you ppl say, she has so much to work yet but we forget she's still a young player. This is the way Polona! :bounce:

delicatecutter
Jul 9th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Congrats Polona!! Finally!! :banana:

DragonFlame
Jul 9th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Daniilidou is dating hercog?

What a cougar :speakles:

Lennval
Jul 9th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Can't wait to see some pics with her trophy :hearts:

Steven.
Jul 9th, 2011, 12:43 PM
woooo Polona. :hug:

Linguae^
Jul 9th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Jo-La, no :sobbing:

FORZA SARITA
Jul 9th, 2011, 01:06 PM
so happy :hearts: keep going :cheer:
Jo-La :hug:

Vefci Y
Jul 9th, 2011, 01:26 PM
What?Daniilidou and Polana are couples:spit:?

Jane Lane
Jul 9th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Polona Yay! :cheer: Aw, and her and Eleni are a cute couple.
Jo-La :hug: Better try than against Chak last year. :hug:

Have to catch this on the repeat.

SloKid
Jul 9th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Can't wait to see some pics with her trophy :hearts:
http://img.rtvslo.si/_up/upload/2011/07/09/64804462_sto02_sweden-_0709_11.jpg

Slutiana
Jul 9th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Though framed in cautious terms (tennis analysis equivalent of a humblebrag?), this implies a potential for improvement that I completely fail to see in her.

Then again I see it in BoJo and I'm probably dead wrong as well.
:lol: Well I didn't mean it in that way. As I said in another thread, I do think she's talented.

The serve is unique and most players clearly have problems with it. The forehand is well-produced and very versatile, with it capable of attacking, outmanoeuvring opponents and whipping up some impressive angles. She also has great feel both in her droppers and at the net, and she has pretty good net sense and obviously covers it very well with her long limbs. She also has a decent amount of natural athletic ability.

But there's a lot she needs to improve. She needs to learn how to properly chop her backhand slice. She needs to work on her awful footwork that puts her completely out of position every time she tries to run around her backhand. She needs to be more aggressive with her forehand rather than chilling behind the baseline and throwing up junk all the time. She also needs to serve and volley more and generally look to get to the net far more than just as a shock tactic a handful of times every match.

If she improves that, then I think she can be fairly successful. But she needs a coach who can identify those problems as opposed to one who can only offer up advice like "don't go for shots, go for points." As her current coach was today. :lol:

igralec33
Jul 9th, 2011, 02:40 PM
It was time for it. :D Well done, Polona! :yeah:

HuHu
Jul 9th, 2011, 02:46 PM
BvZFjMCE9F4

Jane Lane
Jul 9th, 2011, 02:57 PM
:spit: Polona's like "How do I open this thing?" :haha:

Elenarulez
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Wow. Eleni dating half of the WTA tour. Keep it going!!

RobinT83
Jul 9th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Lesbolona :yeah:
Nicky Larson :bigwave:

jonny84
Jul 9th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Great to see a first time winner on tour - only been two so far this year!

hurricanejeanne
Jul 9th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Daniilidou is dating hercog?

What a cougar :speakles:

:lol:
I was wondering why I saw Eleni at the semifinals.

Break My Rapture
Jul 9th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Jenny. :hug:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 9th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Congrats to Polona on her 1st WTA Title :D

JO-LA :hug: Still an awesome run this week :bounce:

nevetssllim
Jul 9th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Polona :) :yeah:

delicatecutter
Jul 10th, 2011, 03:33 AM
Polona clearly has the game to be Top 20. I'm watching the Final now and these courts are like :help:.

How long have people known Polona was a lesbian? Cause this is brand new information to me. People would kill me (and have said mean things) if I was Eleni's age dating her. I'm most saddened that now Polona will have this short hairdo the rest of her career. She looks much better with long hair. :bigcry:

Now I'm questioning if Johanna is a lesbian. :bigcry: I JUST CAN'T.

Jane Lane
Jul 10th, 2011, 03:44 AM
Polona clearly has the game to be Top 20. I'm watching the Final now and these courts are like :help:.

How long have people known Polona was a lesbian? Cause this is brand new information to me. People would kill me (and have said mean things) if I was Eleni's age dating her. I'm most saddened that now Polona will have this short hairdo the rest of her career. She looks much better with long hair. :bigcry:

Now I'm questioning if Johanna is a lesbian. :bigcry: I JUST CAN'T.

I do agree with you on that last bit, Polona's long hair was gorgeous. :inlove:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d5/Polona_Hercog_Allianz_Cup_2009_2.jpg/250px-Polona_Hercog_Allianz_Cup_2009_2.jpg

And it was news to me too, but nonetheless, can we call them Poleni? IT'D BE CUTE. :lol:

juki
Jul 10th, 2011, 04:26 AM
Polona being interviewed after the match :hearts:

mW84DtCC9zU

Deneb
Jul 10th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Polona :worship::bounce:

Pops Maellard
Jul 10th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Prestigious! 2012 RG champ for sure. :smoke:

galadriel
Jul 10th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Polona :hug:

Mistress of Evil
Jul 10th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Bring back the long hair :sobbing: Congratz on winning the title :yeah:

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 10th, 2011, 10:27 AM
I like Polona's short hair. She looks like a female punk rocker. :rocker:

One could almost picture her playing for a band like Bikini Kill or Bratmobile. :rocker2:

Monica_Rules
Jul 10th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Well Done to Polona

Sham that Jenny couldn't win her home event though

TS
Jul 10th, 2011, 10:46 AM
I like Polona's short hair. She looks like a female punk rocker. :rocker:

One could almost picture her playing for a band like Bikini Kill or Bratmobile. :rocker2:

This :hearts: