PDA

View Full Version : My singing - please tell me if I'm alright or completely useless.

Renalicious
Jul 9th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Any feedback appreciated. :unsure:

http://www.youtube.com/user/AsherEffendi

Thank you. :scared:

ElusiveChanteuse
Jul 9th, 2011, 11:31 AM
The chorus needs some more improvement. The rather higher notes sounded like you were dragging them, and the last 30 seconds or so sounded kind of weird despite trying to make it your own. The wolf-crying can be improved too, not too smooth I guess. Not bad. 6.3/10.:p

ElusiveChanteuse
Jul 9th, 2011, 11:35 AM
I think I prefer your ET cover. I'll give that a 7.4/10.:p and Been Waiting cover was alright too (love the first part but once reaching chorus, kind of let down a little but still consider alright.). Acapella :worship:

Renalicious
Jul 9th, 2011, 11:43 AM
:lol: Thank you for the comments :)

I think Come Home is the best... perhaps because it's with another singer :hysteric:

Beat
Jul 9th, 2011, 12:12 PM
i think you have a nice voice :yeah: but why did you lip sync? and you should cut down on the reverb on the voice.

pov
Jul 9th, 2011, 02:54 PM
It's kinda sad that you want others to tell you what to think about your own creative expression. Many successful artistes wouldn't be that if they didn't believe in themselves - even when others claimed that they sucked.

M.S.F
Jul 9th, 2011, 02:59 PM
I saw ET cover.
You have a good voice :yeah:
You should put more emotions into it.

égalité
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:05 PM
It's kinda sad that you want others to tell you what to think about your own creative expression. Many successful artistes wouldn't be that if they didn't believe in themselves - even when others claimed that they sucked.

What? :weirdo: I think sharing his singing with the most judgmental message board in existence is a pretty good indicator that he believes in himself.

Renalicious
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Thanks for all the feedback guys :)

i think you have a nice voice :yeah: but why did you lip sync? and you should cut down on the reverb on the voice.

Thank you :D I lip synced cos I used garageband for the audio. and I don't know how to do a live video and live garageband at the same time... I've sang live in other videos but it's hard to get a crisp sound.

This is kinda a random post, sorry I don't get it... many artists start off on Youtube - and the whole point of Youtube is to get feedback from your singing. It's not like you can start as a beginner and the next day become a recording superstar just because you "believe in yourself". And anyway, who would be interested in your creative expression if no one liked it, even if the artist believe in themselves immensely?

But thanks for your input anyway. :)

Keegan
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:22 PM
I enjoyed it :) I like your voice it has a nice, soft quality to it :).

ElusiveChanteuse
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:33 PM
:lol: Thank you for the comments :)

I think Come Home is the best... perhaps because it's with another singer :hysteric:

Yeah pretty good too.:yeah: Your friend has a pretty good voice.;)

ArturoAce.
Jul 10th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Remember me when you become famous. :awww:

Renalicious
Jul 10th, 2011, 10:38 AM
I will :awww: As the person who gave me a lot of trouble on GMT. :sobbing:

Pops Maellard
Jul 10th, 2011, 11:14 AM
You sound good when you sing lower. :yeah:

Why was "Candle In The Wind" so fast? :scared:

Renalicious
Jul 10th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Yeah. I used some guy's instrumental. It was a pain to keep up with. :sobbing:

new-york
Jul 11th, 2011, 04:21 AM

He never said he was gonna commit if we didn't like it.

On the vid. Not being able to make fun of it pretty much indicates that you're good.:D

hectopascal
Jul 11th, 2011, 10:55 AM
You have a good voice :)
Did you edit your vocals in Angel? It somehow doesn't seem "live" like your other songs (where you sing with the piano).

Svetlana)))
Jul 11th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Not bad :) Helps that "Angel" is one of my favourite songs ever. Why don't you do a stripped down version? Purely acapella

ce
Jul 11th, 2011, 12:23 PM
I like it :)

Renalicious
Jul 11th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Wow thanks for all the comments guys :)
Yeah, like I said I couldn't do a live version because I wanted to use my good mic :sad: And I don't know how to connect the good mic onto the camera. So I had to record the vocal first, then do a video on top of it. I'll definitely do something purely live soon. Just have to find the right song first. :)

Meanwhile, I uploaded another video, it's just an audio clip basically - the solo version of Come Home. Wouldn't mind if ya'll give feedback on it.

ElusiveChanteuse
Jul 11th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Pretty good, quite nice and soothing.:yeah: but still need some improvement on your higher chest voice. :p

Renalicious
Jul 12th, 2011, 02:55 AM
Thanks. I agree with that. I have a really small range :p

delicatecutter
Jul 12th, 2011, 03:08 AM
You sing better than I do. :yeah: