PDA

View Full Version : OMG Stanford is July 25th?

Aaron.
Jul 8th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Really? I thought it was much sooner..I can't take anymore of these MM's. Thank you ATP :sobbing:

SVK
Jul 8th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Hasnīt ATP 5 weeks of MMs? Players like Yani and Kudla playing for SF that must be very exciting:p And it always was like that...3 weeks of MMs in WTA after Wimbledon...Next year it will be better for you, Stanford begins right after Wimbledon thanks to Olympics.

Aaron.
Jul 8th, 2011, 10:05 PM
ATP MM's > WTA MM's :sobbing:

And many top players play the smaller tournaments in ATP.

NA-GOAT
Jul 8th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Stanford and San Diego will get MM fields next year :tape:

players still need their rest after Wimbledon :nerner:

ViceUltramontain
Jul 8th, 2011, 10:15 PM
2012 is gonna be awesome. 3 GS, Olympics and the USO Series in less than 4 months :hearts:

SVK
Jul 8th, 2011, 10:15 PM
I canīt wait for next year, there is one GOAT week, 3 MMs - Baku, Bad Gastein, Palermo/Budapest (not decided which one yet, the other one will be different week) in one week...as itīs one week before Olympic this will be surely pure gold:drool:

Aaron.
Jul 8th, 2011, 10:17 PM
I really tried to watch these MM's but waking up early wasn't worth the quality of play :hysteric: Lucic vs Cirstea made me cringe and almost made me shoot myself.

SVK
Jul 8th, 2011, 10:20 PM
You need to have nerves to watch it yeah...and to be extremely bored and nothing to do in the whole day. But when you follows livescores itīs actually one of the most exciting part of the year...when you likes unexpected results and some unknown names in later stages of tournament:p And I loved it always also because most of Slovaks decided to play WTA tournaments just in this part:oh:

Sammo
Jul 8th, 2011, 10:22 PM
I'm bored as hell... I miss watching Sam and Dani

dsanders06
Jul 8th, 2011, 10:31 PM
And many top players play the smaller tournaments in ATP.

Not this year... the only tournament in the next 4 weeks that will have more than one top 10 player is Bastad. :tape: The first 3 US Open Series tournaments all have Mardy Fish as top seed.

goldenlox
Jul 8th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Next week there's a tournament in Austria.
Goerges is supposed to be playing, Gajdosova

Week after that Zvonareva is playing.
So there are tournaments going on before the USO series.

sakya23
Jul 9th, 2011, 01:48 AM
Am I the only one who's glad there is a 3 week break after Wimbledon??

I mean the top players need time to regroup and take a mini holiday.

cellophane
Jul 9th, 2011, 01:53 AM
I'm glad thee is a break, because I don't feel bad about being at work and not watching tennis... not that there is anything bad to feel about usually... but I would like to watch... shitty matches and all

NA-GOAT
Jul 9th, 2011, 02:11 AM
Next week there's a tournament in Austria.
Goerges is supposed to be playing, Gajdosova

Week after that Zvonareva is playing.
So there are tournaments going on before the USO series.

and we had our WTA #1 Karolina this week :p

NA-GOAT
Jul 9th, 2011, 02:12 AM
I canīt wait for next year, there is one GOAT week, 3 MMs - Baku, Bad Gastein, Palermo/Budapest (not decided which one yet, the other one will be different week) in one week...as itīs one week before Olympic this will be surely pure gold:drool:

:eek:

hope a Chinese girl can win one of those MM :tape:

Jane Lane
Jul 9th, 2011, 02:15 AM
Baku MM will become 5th Slam, leaving Marbella in the dust. FEAR IT.

NA-GOAT
Jul 9th, 2011, 02:19 AM

there is a new version of the calendar ... only 2 MM that week :sad:

goldenlox
Jul 9th, 2011, 02:41 AM
and we had our WTA #1 Karolina this week :p
But she didnt get title #18, so a wasted week.
At least there's 9 months coming up on hardcourt, Caroline is in her comfort zone now.

DefyingGravity
Jul 9th, 2011, 04:28 AM
^^ 9 months of hard courts!!!???? Oh boy. Can't wait :rolleyes:

SVK
Jul 9th, 2011, 08:58 AM
there is a new version of the calendar ... only 2 MM that week :sad:

Where, why and which pulled out?:unsure:

EDIT: Found it:(

nevetssllim
Jul 9th, 2011, 08:59 AM
^^ 9 months of hard courts!!!???? Oh boy. Can't wait :rolleyes:

Exactly!

And to the OP, Stanford's the week after Wimbledon next week so there's some good news for you. :p

Fantasy Hero
Jul 9th, 2011, 10:03 AM
this is the best thing about TF: people complaining about top players playing this week in Bastad (mostly Caro playing MM tournaments) and then complain about no big names on MM tournaments in WTA :hysteric:

C. Drone
Jul 9th, 2011, 10:42 AM
its already july 9th
geez, 2 weeks.

goldenlox
Jul 9th, 2011, 01:04 PM
This should be one of the better hard court seasons, with Serena, Venus, Kim being in questionable form.
A lot of questions. I dont think anyone is clearly ahead of the pack coming in.
Kim, Serena, Venus, Caro, Vika, Maria, Li, Petra, Marion, Sabine, Andrea, Nastia, Fran...

no one knows who's going to have the best summer/fall

18majors
Jul 9th, 2011, 02:58 PM
I'll be very surprised if Maria doesn't play well in the US hard court season.

Break My Rapture
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Having this break is way better for the players and the fans rather than Stanford starting the week after Wimbledon like next year.

Maria rocks
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:25 PM
2012 is gonna be awesome. 3 GS, Olympics and the USO Series in less than 4 months :hearts:

:bounce::bounce::bounce: Bring it on as so bored right now!!!! Been watching Davis Cup this weekend but its not the same.

Maria rocks
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:26 PM
I'll be very surprised if Maria doesn't play well in the US hard court season.

Me too. She should be a serious contender for the US Open title.

18majors
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Hope Maria take time to improve her serves.