PDA

View Full Version : I know its early but Wimbledon 2012 tics on sale.....

Maria rocks
Jul 8th, 2011, 10:42 AM
http://www.officialwimbledondebentures.com/

Apparantly selling out fast as well.... Mental!!!!

chavet
Jul 8th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Will deffo be travelling over to Wimbledon for the first time next year, but will be attending the qualies and the first days of play, there prices on debentures are crazy ...

Mikey B
Jul 8th, 2011, 10:54 AM
wow those prices are incredible! makes me extremely happy that i had centre court tickets on the second monday this year for a tiny fraction of the price listed here!!! i love the ballot...

Maria rocks
Jul 8th, 2011, 11:18 AM
wow those prices are incredible! makes me extremely happy that i had centre court tickets on the second monday this year for a tiny fraction of the price listed here!!! i love the ballot...

I enter the ballot every year but was only successful once and that was in 2007 when i got 2 tickets for the first Friday. I usually Queue or get on ticketmaster the day before play. Last year i got ladies semi final ticket from these people. I know its expensive but the seat was amazing the only way i would have had a better view would have been if i was sat in the Royal Box.

Mikey B
Jul 8th, 2011, 12:54 PM
I enter the ballot every year but was only successful once and that was in 2007 when i got 2 tickets for the first Friday. I usually Queue or get on ticketmaster the day before play. Last year i got ladies semi final ticket from these people. I know its expensive but the seat was amazing the only way i would have had a better view would have been if i was sat in the Royal Box.

I've applied every single year too and i finally got tickets this year!! after the 2012 olympic ticket shambles i was unbelievably happy to have these tickets! i havent faced the queue yet... not brave enough! maybe next year.

The Kaz
Jul 8th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Wow!! The first day ticket is more than 6 times the prices of the AO finals ticket :o

Malkmus_
Jul 8th, 2011, 02:17 PM
It's because Wimbledon is generally attended by toffs and "celebrities" who know very little about Tennis. It's more of an event to be seen at, sadly.

Sean.
Jul 8th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Those are the debenture seats. :lol:

The ballot closes in December!

hdfb
Jul 8th, 2011, 02:20 PM
It's because these are debenture tickets, thats why they are expensive.

I entered the TA ballot for the first time and scored a womens SF ticket. Too bad the lineup was not as desired. :(

Maria rocks
Jul 8th, 2011, 03:31 PM
I've applied every single year too and i finally got tickets this year!! after the 2012 olympic ticket shambles i was unbelievably happy to have these tickets! i havent faced the queue yet... not brave enough! maybe next year.

Ah the queue is good fun. If you want Centre Court you need to queue overnight. But i get in the queue at 5am the day of play and still get a show court 1 or 2. Got the choice on the first Tuesday which was great. Ah yeah the olympics are a total shambles i got football tics not impressed as i wanted the tennis really.

Maria rocks
Jul 8th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Those are the debenture seats. :lol:

The ballot closes in December!

yeah ballot runs from 1st August till 15th December. And they start letting succesful applicants know in Feb/March time.

Maria rocks
Jul 8th, 2011, 03:33 PM
It's because Wimbledon is generally attended by toffs and "celebrities" who know very little about Tennis. It's more of an event to be seen at, sadly.

Yeah it is sad that it is like that.

Certinfy
Crazy prices.

Will just enter the ballot and see if my mate's dad can get me some tickets :)

chavet
Never been to Wimbledon but will travel over next year, as I very interested in taking photos of players therefor I'm more interested in court 4-19, will it be possible to buy ground passes for this on the first days of Wimbledon ?

Maria rocks
Jul 8th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Never been to Wimbledon but will travel over next year, as I very interested in taking photos of players therefor I'm more interested in court 4-19, will it be possible to buy ground passes for this on the first days of Wimbledon ?

Yep as long as your in the queue by 8am on the day of play you should be fine:)

chavet
Jul 8th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Yep as long as your in the queue by 8am on the day of play you should be fine:)

Still a long way to go, but thanks:)

Mary Cherry.
Jul 8th, 2011, 04:08 PM
I wish I had a debenture. So much money to be made :devil:

Wintermute
Jul 8th, 2011, 04:09 PM
The public ballot is open for applications until December. But if you are unsuccessful in that you could always consider joining the LTA. It costs about 25 to join (or free if you with an affiliated club) but you go into their ballot automatically and the odds are better than the public one.

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 8th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Debenture tickets are like gold
buy one and you can make 5-10 times your investment.

anyone wanna give me 25 grand ? you can all chip in

Sean.
Jul 8th, 2011, 07:31 PM
The public ballot is open for applications until December. But if you are unsuccessful in that you could always consider joining the LTA. It costs about 25 to join (or free if you with an affiliated club) but you go into their ballot automatically and the odds are better than the public one.

They cut down loads on the tickets they gave to clubs this year. :o

Maria rocks
Jul 9th, 2011, 08:15 AM

Really?? Thanks i might join up. 25 Isn't too bad. Especially worth it if i managed to get some tickets through it:)

Maria rocks
Jul 9th, 2011, 08:16 AM
I wish I had a debenture. So much money to be made :devil:

Yeah but i would always want to go myself so would make bugger all ha ha

Maria rocks
Jul 9th, 2011, 04:17 PM
They cut down loads on the tickets they gave to clubs this year. :o

Really?? Why??

Mary Cherry.
Jul 9th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Debenture tickets are like gold
buy one and you can make 5-10 times your investment.

anyone wanna give me 25 grand ? you can all chip in

I think the deadline for Court 1 debentures passed about a month ago :sad: They won't be available for a couple years now.

Which gives me just enough time to win the EuroMillions :devil:

Sean.
Jul 9th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Really?? Why??

I think they released more to the general public this year.

Maria rocks
Jul 10th, 2011, 03:57 PM
I think they released more to the general public this year.

So its well worth joining then. Stand a good chance of getting Wimbledon tics? Im gonna still enter the normal ballot too. Gotta maximise your chances haven't you?

Siderophyre
Jul 10th, 2011, 04:31 PM

There's an element of that at all major events, but I don't think it's overly true of Wimbledon. Thousands of real fans get in every day for only 20. And only there do you see packed houses at late evening doubles matches - real fans not 'toffs and celebrities'.

Sean.
Jul 10th, 2011, 04:59 PM
So its well worth joining then. Stand a good chance of getting Wimbledon tics? Im gonna still enter the normal ballot too. Gotta maximise your chances haven't you?

Ye, you're still quite likely to get one or two through the club. In previous years though it was possible to get 5-6. ;)

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 10th, 2011, 06:24 PM
There's an element of that at all major events, but I don't think it's overly true of Wimbledon. Thousands of real fans get in every day for only 20. And only there do you see packed houses at late evening doubles matches - real fans not 'toffs and celebrities'.

they only get in cos those tickets are sold on day.
you wouldnt see toffs/celebs Q-ing up would you ?

Imagine if they didnt sell them on day ?

Siderophyre
Jul 10th, 2011, 09:43 PM
they only get in cos those tickets are sold on day.
you wouldnt see toffs/celebs Q-ing up would you ?

Imagine if they didnt sell them on day ?

Well that's the point, innit? They DO sell them on the day, so thousands of ordinary tennis fans DO get to see tennis at a pretty low cost. Obviously celebs get debenture and royal box seats, just like they get courtside seats at the NBA and prime seats at every other function. Big deal.

Maria rocks
Jul 11th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Ye, you're still quite likely to get one or two through the club. In previous years though it was possible to get 5-6. ;)

Wow!! wish i would have joined up before. Ah well better late than never.

duhcity
Jul 11th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Well that's the point, innit? They DO sell them on the day, so thousands of ordinary tennis fans DO get to see tennis at a pretty low cost. Obviously celebs get debenture and royal box seats, just like they get courtside seats at the NBA and prime seats at every other function. Big deal.

Have to disagree there. Wimbledon and the US Open are the worst with the "celebrity" invites and ticketholders. Likely because those are the two slams who care the most about their image. Probably a bit worse at Wimbledon because there are several corporate/VIP boxes and balconies in Ashe. But Wimbledon does have the ticket resale thing. :shrug:

It does annoy me a bit though when there are empty boxes and VIP seats. When those ticket prices are through the roof and people don't bother to show up. Don't really see the NBA analogy because it's actually quite easy to get seats near the floor if you want to pay for them. Not always the case in tennis when corporations get first grab of seats and tickets.

Siderophyre
Jul 11th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Have to disagree there. Wimbledon and the US Open are the worst with the "celebrity" invites and ticketholders. Likely because those are the two slams who care the most about their image. Probably a bit worse at Wimbledon because there are several corporate/VIP boxes and balconies in Ashe. But Wimbledon does have the ticket resale thing. :shrug:

It does annoy me a bit though when there are empty boxes and VIP seats. When those ticket prices are through the roof and people don't bother to show up. Don't really see the NBA analogy because it's actually quite easy to get seats near the floor if you want to pay for them. Not always the case in tennis when corporations get first grab of seats and tickets.

What are you disagreeing with? What I have said is true. I go to Wimbledon every year (via queue and ballot) with thousands of other real tennis fans. You can get debenture seats for specific days if you want to pay for them - just like courtside NBA - there are all sorts of official resale agents that offer packages. Pointless celebs needing to be seen are an unfortunate part of life at most public events.

Maria rocks
Jul 11th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Wow!! wish i would have joined up before. Ah well better late than never.

Am now a member:)

Sombrerero loco
Jul 11th, 2011, 04:21 PM
no comments on the prizes =S

Maria rocks
Jul 11th, 2011, 06:56 PM
no comments on the prizes =S

As i say. The view you get is fantastic the only way you would have a better view would be if you had a seat in the royal box. I had a debenture for the ladies semi and final this year and i must say it was worth every penny.