PDA

View Full Version : WTT : Hingis def coco vandewhegue 5/2!

hingis44
Jul 7th, 2011, 07:14 PM
great match from Martina!:)

toxina90
Jul 7th, 2011, 07:16 PM
:spit:

Melange
Jul 7th, 2011, 07:17 PM
:help:

dynamoRockstarr
Jul 7th, 2011, 07:18 PM
omg Coco has to hang up her racket

18majors
Jul 7th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Hingis ruled.

Leelee.
Jul 7th, 2011, 07:21 PM
It doesn't matter. Also, did you just hit random letters when you got to the end of CoCo's last name.

doooma6816
:worship:

LCS
Always a GOAT :worship:

Mistress of Evil
Jul 7th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Hingis :worship:

Just Do It
Jul 7th, 2011, 07:37 PM
How embarrassing.

Serenita
Jul 7th, 2011, 07:50 PM
It doesn't matter. Also, did you just hit random letters when you got to the end of CoCo's last name.
:lol:

homogenius
Jul 7th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Martina :lol: :worship:
American youngsters :help:

Sammo
Jul 7th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Every match she wins makes me sadder, should be the other way but I want her to come back!!

Anyway, :bowdown:

Martian Willow
Jul 7th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Every match she wins makes me sadder, should be the other way but I want her to come back!!

Yes, because then she won't make you sadder anymore.

Sammo
Jul 7th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Yes, because then she won't make you sadder anymore.

It would make me happy to see her winning doubles Grand Slams again. :shrug:

ViennaCalling
Jul 7th, 2011, 08:21 PM
:rolls:

Respect for Martina :worship:

I didn't like her, but now I would love to see her on tour again since she played good tennis :yeah:

Dav.
Jul 7th, 2011, 08:22 PM

:lol:

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 7th, 2011, 08:28 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/51egx3.gif

moodin0931
Jul 7th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Omg I cannot wait to see Oudin's results :oh:

Sombrerero loco
Jul 7th, 2011, 08:48 PM
martina rules :hearts:

pav
Jul 7th, 2011, 09:04 PM
It's a little bit funny in this result and the preceeding Venus one it all depends on your point of view whetherWTT results matter a shit, or are a great form and talent indicator

Ryan
Jul 7th, 2011, 09:15 PM
WTT results don't mean anything REALLY to the top players, but lower ranked players certainly don't take this as a hit-and-giggle or exho. If you watch the matches, they are definitely trying out there - maybe not 100%, but definitely not half-assing it.

Martina :cool: Still got it. Hope to see some on TV again.

Malkmus_
Jul 7th, 2011, 09:22 PM
:inlove:

Why is it embarrassing? :shrug: As they say, form is temporary, class is permanent. Always would have expected Martina to win this one.

Hingis is on the same team as Alex Bogdanovic and Katie O'Brien! :o

Zvonapova
Jul 7th, 2011, 09:47 PM
LOL No disrespect to Hingis, it's great that she's playing WTT, but if I were to personally rank the young American upstarts it would look something like this:

Christina McHale
Sloane Stephens
Random Challenger Level Girl
Melanie Oudin
About Ten More Random Challenger Level Girls
Then Coco and Alexa Glatch

Again, I'm glad for you that Hingis is playing, but beating Coco Vandeweghe isn't really newsworthy lol.

*JR*
Jul 7th, 2011, 10:03 PM

How about Coco Win-no-way? :help:

Smitten
Jul 7th, 2011, 10:13 PM
LEGEND. Your fave will never.

shoparound
Jul 7th, 2011, 10:50 PM
LOL No disrespect to Hingis, it's great that she's playing WTT, but if I were to personally rank the young American upstarts it would look something like this:

Christina McHale
Sloane Stephens
Melanie Oudin

Again, I'm glad for you that Hingis is playing, but beating Coco Vandeweghe isn't really newsworthy lol.

:lol: lol very accurate on those two

Sammo
Jul 7th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Alexandra Stevenson
Brie Whitehead
Christina McHale
Sloane Stephens
Melanie Oudin
And then Serena Williams

Fixed for you :yeah:

Zvonapova
Jul 7th, 2011, 11:15 PM

Eh- not so sure about this. I can't say with 100% accuracy but Stevenson's bio says she's 30 years old, meaning if she hasn't put it together by now, she probably never will. Whitehead just turned 22- she's still got time, but the clock is ticking for her. Especially when compared to McHale and Stephens who are still very young. Thanks anyway for fixing it though lol.

Zvonapova
Jul 7th, 2011, 11:17 PM
:lol: lol very accurate on those two

I thought so too ;)

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jul 7th, 2011, 11:19 PM
It's a crowd pleasing win, but if people are going to say Venus losing at WTT doesn't count because it's a meaningless exo, then the same thing has to be said about Martina winning these kinds of matches.

Sammo
Jul 7th, 2011, 11:37 PM
For me it doesn't count too much, but it definately indicates that Martina is still in good shape, she was actually serving at 100 mph in Wimbledon :weirdo:

PLP
Jul 8th, 2011, 02:53 AM
It's a crowd pleasing win, but if people are going to say Venus losing at WTT doesn't count because it's a meaningless exo, then the same thing has to be said about Martina winning these kinds of matches.

It only counts in the universe of WTT.

Still, it does seem that Martina is playing better than last year.

I actually had a dream a few nights ago that Martina and Coco played doubles together at the USO or something, random.

rimon
Jul 8th, 2011, 03:03 AM
Look Martina, Schiavone and Li just won the last two RGs, of all people. Come back and you could/will be a threat to win AO and RG. Sure, she would have next to no chance of winning W and very little chance at the USO, but she already has those two. The other two are within reach.

petkoan
Jul 8th, 2011, 09:27 AM
:worship: Amazing Martina, as per usual. She is so coming back in doubles

Libertango
Jul 8th, 2011, 09:54 AM
How does WTT work? I mean, how did Katie O'Brien and Bogdanovic get this gig?

:confused:

paul_masterton
Jul 8th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Players put their names down and are drafted around easter time.

Katie was picked by Sportimes to sub for Martina in any ties she doesn't play. Although Martina seems to have decided she wants to play them all now so Katie is warming the bench :lol:

Kendrick was supposed to play but pulled out very late, and the Sportimes male sub (Greg Jones) couldn't get to Boston in time for the first match so they managed to get hold of Bogdanovic (who'd lost earlier in the day in Newport) to fill in as a one-off as they couldn't get anyone else.

Juanes
Jul 8th, 2011, 01:11 PM
:yeah:

Linguae^
Jul 8th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Martina, come back. :sad:

Slutiana
Jul 8th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Players put their names down and are drafted around easter time.

Katie was picked by Sportimes to sub for Martina in any ties she doesn't play. Although Martina seems to have decided she wants to play them all now so Katie is warming the bench :lol:

Kendrick was supposed to play but pulled out very late, and the Sportimes male sub (Greg Jones) couldn't get to Boston in time for the first match so they managed to get hold of Bogdanovic (who'd lost earlier in the day in Newport) to fill in as a one-off as they couldn't get anyone else.
Prepping for her comeback. :bigclap:

Sammo
Jul 8th, 2011, 03:30 PM
VNC6q-prsvw
oTeZDILKcps
I can't understand anything from the last video, there's that crappy song at 400% volume

rimon
Jul 8th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Prepping for her comeback. :bigclap:

Let's hope so. She would add so much to the game. AO and RG would be within reach, too.

Novichok
Jul 8th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Let's hope so. She would add so much to the game. AO and RG would be within reach, too.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

marineblue
Jul 8th, 2011, 04:54 PM
I hope she will come back. At least for doubles. Her and Kournikova were a dream team.:bounce:

.Andrew.
Jul 8th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Return, please. :hearts:

Sammo
Jul 8th, 2011, 08:02 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

RG: Schiavone, Li, Myskina, Kuznetsova, even Ivanovic... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

burn
Jul 9th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Martina :hearts:

Zvonapova
Jul 10th, 2011, 04:24 PM

After reading the 50 Worst Players thread and learning that Brie Whitehead is a notorious loser apparently, the context of this post became clear. Good one :lol: I do believe McHale has potential though. Probably not a GS winner, but I can see her being top 20 down the road.

18majors
Jul 10th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Christina in the top 20 would be great.

LadyBugLove
Jul 10th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Coco's WTT results...killed by Hingis, close with Serena, then loses to Julia Cohen (who?). Girl is still crazy inconsistent :silly:

Sammo
Jul 10th, 2011, 09:29 PM
http://www.news10.net/news/article/144953/2/Former-tennis-champion-Martina-Hingis-dazzles-at-Sunrise-Mall

ce
Jul 10th, 2011, 11:17 PM
:dance:

Brad[le]y.
Jul 11th, 2011, 03:51 AM
I'm pretty sure that's not how Coco's last name is spelled :lol:

Marcelo.
Jul 11th, 2011, 10:42 AM
:inlove: :worship: Come back :( :(