PDA

View Full Version : Iona Raluca Olaru leaves the top 10

spiceboy
Jul 6th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Ranked #250 WTA this week, she is the #11 Romanian player in the rankings :sobbing:

Until this week she was on a 7 match losing streak (last match won in a $25K 1R in USA 4 months ago, lost in R2 60 61 vs Grace Min :tape:)

FORZA SARITA
Jul 6th, 2011, 08:38 PM
she's still ranked so high :eek:

spiceboy
Jul 6th, 2011, 08:48 PM
she's still ranked so high :eek:

In the next 2 weeks she has to defend MD wins from last year's Palermo and Bad Gastein :help:

LightWarrior
Jul 6th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Thnaks for the newsflash.

spiceboy
Jul 6th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Thnaks for the newsflash.

My pleasure :kiss:

Slutiana
Jul 6th, 2011, 09:09 PM
:bigcry: I hope she can come back.

Sombrerero loco
Jul 6th, 2011, 09:18 PM
olaru is on the worst slump i´ve ever seen.please retire soon :help:

hellas719
Jul 6th, 2011, 09:23 PM
OMG Ralu :sobbing:

BTW it's Ioana not Iona ;)

SVK
Jul 6th, 2011, 10:14 PM
olaru is on the worst slump i´ve ever seen.please retire soon :help:

Why she should retire? There is always a time to recover, she is not 30:p Players have slumps, and few such big one...nothing "unbeatable" though.

nevetssllim
Jul 6th, 2011, 10:33 PM
I don't understand why Ralu is doing so badly. She seems talented enough to stick around in the lower echelons of the top-100 but she's falling toward the 300 mark. I saw a little bit of her match at Wimbledon qualifying and there just didn't really seem to be too much urgency or fighting spirit (which I guess answers the first bit of my post).

I think she really should have entered that $25k ITF in Romania this week.

Sammo
Jul 7th, 2011, 12:11 AM
She describes herself as ambitious... and people with an insane amount of ambition always end up depressed :shrug:

Natash.
Jul 7th, 2011, 12:16 AM
:bigcry: I hope she can come back.

Same :sobbing:

She's so inconsistent. She will do well in one tournament and then can't follow it up whatsoever. I hope everything is alright off the court also.

T_P
Jul 7th, 2011, 12:53 AM
I just have no words for this. Ralu is so talented, I have no idea what went wrong :o

antonella
Jul 7th, 2011, 01:13 AM
That she would be included in the 'Top 10' of anything, immediately loses all credibility to me.

BlueTrees
Jul 7th, 2011, 03:40 AM
She was never really that good to begin with. Just a pusher. :shrug:

Natash.
Jul 7th, 2011, 03:47 AM
She was never really that good to begin with. Just a pusher. :shrug:

Seen many matches of her and I've never seen her as a pusher. :shrug:

Valanga
Jul 7th, 2011, 04:38 AM
Wait? There are 10 romanians ahead of her..let's find out...

Dulgheru,Halep,Begu,Cirstea,Niculescu,Cadantu(?) and who else?

I saw her name on WTA MM MD a lot a couple of years ago...but she was MIA since then

juki
Jul 7th, 2011, 04:49 AM
Wait? There are 10 romanians ahead of her..let's find out...

Dulgheru,Halep,Begu,Cirstea,Niculescu,Cadantu(?) and who else?

Gallovits, Gojnea, Bogdan and Ungur.

Sombrerero loco
Jul 7th, 2011, 08:03 AM
cadantu has a better ranking than olaru atm?? :tape:

Curcubeu
Jul 7th, 2011, 08:23 AM
I don't understand why Ralu is doing so badly. She seems talented enough to stick around in the lower echelons of the top-100 but she's falling toward the 300 mark. I saw a little bit of her match at Wimbledon qualifying and there just didn't really seem to be too much urgency or fighting spirit (which I guess answers the first bit of my post).

I think she really should have entered that £25k ITF in Romania this week.

It's big time her fault! She played unbelievable 5!! ITF tournaments so far in this year and those only in the 50K or higher range. The rest of the time she wasted by playing every smaller WTA qualification tournament from Bogota to Acapulco and Budapest where she didn't go far of course, but seeing how few points you get there desn't make them worthwhile anyway... :o

Just go back to 25K and have some good runs there to bring you some self-confidence back and first go back to the Top 200 now! :tape:

By the way, they have already awarded her a main draw wildcard for the 100K in Bucharest... :facepalm:

cadantu has a better ranking than olaru atm?? :tape:

Comparing Ralu's talent to the one of Alexandra the lesser, this is really quite emberrassing for Olaru, but in contrast to her Cadantu is regularly playing on the ITF and therefore earns her ranking more. (In fact she is even Top 120 in the Race) :lol:

SVK
Jul 7th, 2011, 09:08 AM
The main difference between Cadantu and Olaru and the obvious reason why she is ranked higher is that Cadantu is winning much more:oh:

Battletoad
Jul 7th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Oniau Racalua Ularu :hug: