PDA

View Full Version : Will Kim make YEC?

AcesHigh
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Kim is currently #8 in the race with Schiavone right on her tail and Petkovic not too far behind.

doooma6816
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:27 PM
I voted yes...but it depends on her ankle...

backhandsmash
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Yes, she will. If she doesn't get injured again.

justineheninfan
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Yes she will. She wont be outperformed by people like Schiavone on hard courts even if she plays only 3 events and Schiavone plays 8. She might skip it though as I doubt it even interests her that much.

dsanders06
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Depends if her injury heals quickly. If it does, I see her doing extremely well over the summer and making the cut. I mean, I'm not an expert on the rankings, but last year, she did pretty much f-all for the first six months of the year aside from winning Miami... then the summer hardcourt season came along, she started doing well and she comfortably made the YEC. This year, she's had a similar first six months, except winning the Australian Open obviously gives her a lot more points than Miami...

Ferg
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:42 PM
I think the top 8 will stay as it is...

valac222
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:42 PM
As far as I know slam champions are qualified irrespecive of their standings. So yes she is already in.

Stonerpova
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:53 PM
As far as I know slam champions are qualified irrespecive of their standings. So yes she is already in.

I think only in the ATP. I'm pretty sure their policy is that if you win a slam and you're ranked in the top 20 you get in. At least that's how it was a few years back. The women are different. Serena won the Australian in 05 and finished 11th in the rankings, failing to qualify. I think if Kim does well over the summer she will (which depends on her drive and her injury). We all know she won't play in the fall.

dsanders06
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:54 PM
I think only in the ATP. I'm pretty sure their policy is that if you win a slam and you're ranked in the top 20 you get in. At least that's how it was a few years back. The women are different. Serena won the Australian in 05 and finished 11th in the rankings, failing to qualify. I think if Kim does well over the summer she will (which depends on her drive and her injury). We all know she won't play in the fall.

Yes. Also Kim herself didn't qualify in 2009 despite winning the US Open.

GoofyDuck
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:59 PM
I hope for us both she doesn't.
So she can cook at home for her family and I can watch people that are motivated to play like JJ .

Mistress of Evil
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:08 PM
hope, she does :)

C. Drone
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:11 PM
even if she qualifies, she'll withdraw. You know, headache or something.

Sombrerero loco
Jul 6th, 2011, 09:20 PM
is she can play some tournaments, of course she will be there...

Djezonfly
Jul 6th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Depends on radiations levels in Istanbul.

LoLex
Jul 6th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Third option.

18majors
Jul 6th, 2011, 10:00 PM
No.

cellophane
Jul 6th, 2011, 10:03 PM
So she can cook at home for her family and I can watch people that are motivated to play like JJ .

:spit: at providing JJ as an example of someone who is motivated to play :rolls:

LoLex
Jul 6th, 2011, 10:12 PM
:spit: at providing JJ as an example of someone who is motivated to play :rolls:

:rolleyes:

Someone didn't catch the irony.

cellophane
Jul 6th, 2011, 10:18 PM
:rolleyes:

Someone didn't catch the irony.

Erm... well I'm not sure this was meant to be ironic? but then I don't know

Craig.
Jul 6th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Erm... well I'm not sure this was meant to be ironic? but then I don't know

I think he meant sarcastic and not ironic :p

Sean.
Jul 6th, 2011, 10:24 PM

http://i41.tinypic.com/1z1gyus.gif

starin
Jul 6th, 2011, 10:26 PM
I'm pretty sure that even if she doesn't qualify they can still put her in.
The top 7 are guaranteed a spot while the 8th spot can be given by the WTA to a player who has won a slam that year but hasn't qualified.

Sean.
Jul 6th, 2011, 10:31 PM
If she puts in a good showing at USO or plays a fairly normal schedule she'll probably qualify.

!VamosRafa!
Jul 6th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Lmao, yes!
I think she will be #2 or 3 in the WTA race and in the rankings too.
I thinks he will win San Diego, Cincinnati and the US Open and MAYBE the YEC, but I'm not sure..

@danieln1
Jul 7th, 2011, 12:48 AM
She might be fed up AGAIN with playing tennis........ so she might retire AGAIN after the US Open... she won´t play beyond this year... have anyone actually missed her in Wimbledon?????

justineheninfan
Jul 7th, 2011, 02:16 AM
This is funny in a way since the year started with predictions of Kim dominance, talk of a Kim slam, and now she is almost the forgotten top player.

Alarmed
Jul 7th, 2011, 02:39 AM
I can't even hate on her anymore, she's such a non-factor since AO. Her horrible losses are just embarassing now.:o

Yoncé
Jul 7th, 2011, 05:13 AM
even if she qualifies, she'll withdraw. You know, headache or something.

:spit::haha:

AYUMI-GOAT
Jul 7th, 2011, 05:18 AM
She won't if she keeps playing like this.

Potato
Jul 7th, 2011, 05:22 AM
I don't think she cares :shrug: she won it easily last year without playing any matches beforehand, so she could probably do the same this year if she qualifies

Pops Maellard
Jul 7th, 2011, 05:47 AM
This is funny in a way since the year started with predictions of Kim dominance, talk of a Kim slam, and now she is almost the forgotten top player.

What can you say? She's rather forgettable. :lol::p

IMO because of her part-time schedule she hasn't really added anything to the tour. If anything she's been bad for the WTA. Just shows the era we're in, when you can barely play (and play like crap when you do, winning with 13 winners and 41 UEs) and still scoop 3 slams.