PDA

View Full Version : Bastad R2: Sofia Arvidsson def. (1) Caroline Wozniacki 2-6 1-0 Ret ( Shoulder Injury)

danieln1
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Hmm....

At least she will only be back in August, time to rest and stop playing useless tournaments.

Drake1980
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:16 PM
:sad:

Lighter
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Expected tank from Caro : Sofia is Swede and she's one of her best friend on the tour.

Kworb
She realized tanking wasn't working against these mugs. Most of the WTA is SO BAD that they are simply unable to defeat Wozniacki no matter how horribly she plays. Retirement was the only option.

Ryusuke Tenma
Precautionary perhaps. Better to take a break and get ready for hardcourt than carry on with a bad shoulder here on clay. Good decision. I'm waiting for the haters to come along and scream their congratulations at Arvidsson for saving tennis, lmao.

lang26
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:18 PM
rest up caro :sad::sad: hope her shoulder get better

Mistress of Evil
great playing an useless MM and getting injured :( she barely hit the serve and the forehand :shrug:
regroup Karolina cuz there are 5000 points to be defended :hug:

FORZA SARITA
She realized tanking wasn't working against these mugs. Most of the WTA is SO BAD that they are simply unable to defeat Wozniacki no matter how horribly she plays. Retirement was the only option.

this :lol: + Sofia is swedish so if 1+1= 2 :yawn:

Fantasy Hero
i hope it was a tank :unsure:
still till the pain she was playing a great tennis

Jimmie48
Great first set from Caro, sensible decision to retire even if there's only a slight problem - It was only Bastad after all.

Now go get some rest girl and show them how it's done on hardcourt! :)

Blu€
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Sucks, she was playing much better today. Well at least she has a month to recover, hope it's nothing serious. Get well soon Caro :kiss:

Ryusuke Tenma
Her shoulder will be fine. She has a good amount of resting time and by then she'll be training and ready to go again. Hardcourt is arriving finally and she'll be more at home when it starts.

tejmeglekvár
retire-tank :shrug:

kman

LOL :lol:

In all seriousness, I hope this is not a Sharapova-like shoulder injury...

!VamosRafa!
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Well an injury was inevitable considering she plays almost every tournament...

melodynelson
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:20 PM

Wozniacki wasn't tanking, she was coming to net and serving and volleying and being aggressive with both of her groundstrokes. Then I look at the start of the second and she is unable to use her serve and can't hit FHs anymore. Weird.

She had no business here on clay, anyway. She'll be fine.

Junzilla69
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Hopefully this has cleared the way for Flavia to take the title. :)

Ryusuke Tenma
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Well an injury was inevitable considering she plays almost every tournament...
I doubt it's too serious. Still, she's pretty tough to not get tired/injured more often with her schedule. This is probably just precautionary.

Libertango
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Get well soon Caro.

lang26
Get well soon she dont come back till August 8 Get well again

Frederik
Great decision to play Bastad. :facepalm:

Kworb
Wozniacki wasn't tanking, she was coming to net and serving and volleying and being aggressive with both of her groundstrokes. Then I look at the start of the second and she is unable to use her serve and can't hit FHs anymore. Weird.

She had no business here on clay, anyway. She'll be fine.

Wozniacki coming to the net = Wozniacki tanking

saint2
Expected tank from Caro : Sofia is Swede and she's one of her best friend on the tour.

Sorry, if it was tank, how do You explain scoreline of 1st set ?

Unless Sofia was played so bad...

Slutiana
:help: That's what happens when you play so many useless tournaments in a short space of time.

EnerBC
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Bummer, good 1st set tho :)
Hope it's not to bad, rest up and enjoy your time off :)

Richie's
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Well, Arividsson with a win over world No 1...:lol:

BlueTrees
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Sofia! :banana:

Wozniacki starting to crumble. :dance:

doooma6816
I don't think she really injured herself...but I wouldn't be surprised if she really injures herself after playing so many tournaments.

ElusiveChanteuse
:lol: @ people thinking she's really injured. Wait a few more weeks when she's winning titles and this supposingly 'injury' will never be heard of.

lang26
Hopefully this has cleared the way for Flavia to take the title. :)

Yeah i thinkin same thing love to see flavia take the title if not I like to see Polona Hercog or Johanna Larsson

barmaid
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Those "ball bashers" are risking injury every time they play...you don't have to hit the cover off the ball...learn to lessen the blows by better placement around the court..I am glad to hear that she is "coming in" to the net and volleying trying to use the whole court. Wise to pull out and rest for a bit...good luck in recouping!:hearts::worship:

Barmaid:wavey:

Mary Cherry.
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:29 PM
:help: That's what happens when you play so many useless tournaments in a short space of time.

Roland Garros, Hometown tournament, Wimbledon...yeah, definitely should've skipped those.

homogenius
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:30 PM

Unless Sofia was played so bad...

I don't know about today match but she was soooo bad yesterday I actually thought/hoped (that was just a shame to see a n°1 playing like that)she was trying to tank.We'll never know as Alize was even worse :o

Jimmie48
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Roland Garros, Hometown tournament, Wimbledon...yeah, definitely should've skipped those.

Exactly, plus if she hadn't played Copenhagen she would probably have played Eastbourne.. so the amount of tournaments stays the same. Pretty much all top players played three tournaments in the last few weeks...

Jimmie48
I don't know about today match but she was soooo bad yesterday I actually thought/hoped (that was just a shame to see a n°1 playing like that)she was trying to tank.We'll never know as Alize was even worse :o

Her first set was strong today, she would have easily won the match playing this way.

Ferg
Sofia saved tennis. WOOOOO!!!

Uranium
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:32 PM
It's the Anne Kremer situation all over again. I doubt she is suffering.

Chrissie-fan
Good descision to retire. But really - getting a shoulder injury in a tournament she shouldn't have played to begin with......nice start to your preperations for the US hardcourt season and USO Caroline. :rolleyes:

lang26
Johanna Larsson, Polona Hercog, Flavia Pennetta this title for one ya to take

Lighter
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:33 PM

Unless Sofia was played so bad...Remember Anne Kremer in Luxembourg.

saint2
I don't know about today match but she was soooo bad yesterday I actually thought/hoped (that was just a shame to see a n°1 playing like that)she was trying to tank.We'll never know as Alize was even worse

I've watched yesterdays game and it was a garbage game. I didn't watched today'sgame, but if she was tanking, why winning first set 6-2 ?

If she really tanked this tournament, it means Alize lost to BYE :lol::lol::lol:

The Kaz
I didn't realise she played Monte Carlo ;)

:o

Sarcasm is not you're strong point ;)

Patrick345
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:34 PM
One thing is for sure, nobody will ever try to fix a loss against Cornet after yesterday. You are never sure. Just when you have committed four UE´s to give Cornet a break, she answers back with four DF´s in the 75 km/h range. :lol:

The Reff
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:34 PM
LOL :lol:

In all seriousness, I hope this is not a Sharapova-like shoulder injury...

Looked like a pulled muscle. Prolly nothing to worry about.

ardley
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:35 PM
She won't take a Scandinavian slam :crying2:

tejmeglekvár
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Remember Anne Kremer in Luxembourg.

was waiting who mention first. :oh:

delicatecutter
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Injured my ass. She just showed up here to get her appearance money.

ElusiveChanteuse
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:37 PM
I've watched yesterdays game and it was a garbage game. I didn't watched today'sgame, but if she was tanking, why winning first set 6-2 ?

If she really tanked this tournament, it means Alize lost to BYE :lol::lol::lol:

well, she won the first set just to 'save her own face', especially being the #1 player. If she were to lose a set and then retire, sure some people would say she couldn't play well against a low rank player or bla bla bla, saying her injury was not 'real or bla bla bla. She got her money and she thinks it's time for her to leave after playing one match or two. It's not like no player has done before.

goldenlox
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:37 PM
I was watching and she stopped at 15-40 and walked off.
When does she ever do that?
It was clear the 1st point she couldnt play. When she didnt shake hands & got ready for game 2, I was worried she might really hurt herself. But she couldnt hit hard enough, then tried a slice & stopped
At least she was going to take time off anyway.
But I thought she played well in set 1 and was rolling.

She's turning 21, she has to be careful with her schedule. Not 18 anymore

DownInAHole
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Those "ball bashers" are risking injury every time they play...you don't have to hit the cover off the ball...learn to lessen the blows by better placement around the court..I am glad to hear that she is "coming in" to the net and volleying trying to use the whole court. Wise to pull out and rest for a bit...good luck in recouping!:hearts::worship:

She did that for the first three rounds at Wimbledon and the first set of the fourth round. Unfortunately when things get close she typically reverts to her passive style of play. Hopefully the more she plays aggressively the more comfortable she will get playing like that, especially in close matches. She needs to be able to play like that in the latter stages of the big tournaments.

The Reff
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Too bad Caro, get well soon. :)
On the Bright side: Her play looked great last half of the first set and this tourney was not a major loss.
As long a the injury is not too bad (don't buy into the tanking theories) I can live with this.
Good luck Sofia - go take advantage.

Bonfire
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Looked like she maybe pulled a muscle when serving to start second set. Up to that point, she had really played aggressively after a slow 1st few games.
Hope this is not the start of a bad injury. Probably not. Glad she retired and got out of there quick though. No sense risking anything here.
You could tell the way she was serving right after the injury that she was not faking. Either way, probably best that she can be done with the clay and rest now.

danieln1
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:44 PM
She won't take a Scandinavian slam :crying2:

NOOOOOOOO...

I wanted her to win the Scandinavian Slam.

Hopefully Sofia can win here!

BlueTrees
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Sarcasm is not you're strong point ;)

Grammar isn't yours. :wavey:

marineblue
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Poor Caro. Hopefully she will be OK ASAP. The US Open series coming soon.

http://tennisnotebook.blogspot.com

Mynarco
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Good tanking. Showing up and getting the money - checked. Now she should be preparing USO series. Should be a good season

leftyness
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Alize's wonky shot-making tweaked the Woz shoulder.:lol:

I suppose the next time we see her on-court, the frills will be back. I rather liked the simple outfit she wore yesterday.:drool:

King Halep
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:52 PM
:eek: The Woz Slam..

marineblue
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:52 PM

Well done for losing the first set, Sofia. :rolleyes:

http://tennisnotebook.blogspot.com

Jane Lane
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:53 PM
I was going to bring up Kremer :haha:

King Halep
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:53 PM

how do you beat a wall?

Ryusuke Tenma
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Sofia :banana:
This made me laugh. Yes, Sofia! Congratulations on beating the world mumber one!!! Bravo!!
You seem to be enjoying this injury, but don't get too excited.
Injured my ass. She just showed up here to get her appearance money.
Yeah, she just decided to tank. That's why she won the first set 6-2. Hilarious ignorance.

All in all, very predictable and expected responses.

CWTennis
Caro :awww: get well soon :hug:
Sofia good luck in next round!

JN
:awww:

CWTennis
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:58 PM

and this coming from Safiņa's fan :help:

madmax
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:59 PM
:bigcry:
The hopes to complete Push career grand slam completely vanished then...this is a serious blow to our World nr.1 resume

DownInAHole
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:59 PM
:awww:

I know that the thought of Caroline being unable to compete absolutely crushes you but don't worry, she has a few weeks to recover. By the time Toronto starts she should be A-OK.:)

King Halep
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:00 PM

:worship: :wavey:

Novichok
Get some rest Caroline and slay the hard courts.

Craig.
Grammar isn't yours. :wavey:

LMFAO :hysteric:

tejmeglekvár
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:01 PM
and this coming from Safiņa's fan :help:

she wasn't faking injury just to grab some appearance fee.

18majors
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Thanks god, we won't have Woz to kick around for one month.

Libertango
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:05 PM
What's the Kremer thing??

danieln1
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:07 PM

Caro led 7-5 5-0 in Luxembourg, Kremer homeland, but then Caro felt injured and retired with this score

DownInAHole
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:07 PM

Luxembourg 2009. Wozniacki won the first set and was up 5-0 in the second when she retired with a hamstring (?) injury. I believe that the thinking was that she wasn't going to be able to compete in the next round so instead of giving her future opponent a walkover she retired allowing Kremer to compete in the next round.

Antoshka
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Caro :awww:

goldenlox
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Another reminder how fragile this game is.
Kim won 2 majors in a row, and injured.
Serena won AO, Wimbledon in 2010, injured.

When Caro walked off in the middle of a game, I thought "Oh no!".
Its the last thing you want to see, especially her serving shoulder. Thats a vital area to a tennis player

fouc
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:17 PM
losing to Arvidsson :facepalm:

The Reff
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:25 PM

Ehrm?

Richie's
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:25 PM
And Arvidsson has a win over World No 1 :lol:

dsanders06
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:27 PM
If you go from clay to indoors to grass to clay within 6 weeks, an injury is almost inevitable, what with the different balls they use on each surface, the different movement, and the slightly different technique used on groundstrokes.

And now this injury will eat into any training time she has for the hardcourt season, thus minimizing her already small chances of winning the US Open and saving her dignity. But I guess it was worth it for the appearance fee :yeah:

JN
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:28 PM
I know that the thought of Caroline being unable to compete absolutely crushes you but don't worry, she has a few weeks to recover. By the time Toronto starts she should be A-OK.:)

:bounce:

Great! I prefer to watch her lose outright... retiring takes the fun out of it.

backhandsmash
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Assuming the injury is genuine then the idiot got what was coming to her. If you go from clay to indoors to grass to clay within 6 weeks, an injury is almost inevitable, what with the different balls they use on each surface, the different movement, and the slightly different technique used on groundstrokes.

And now this injury will eat into any training time she has for the hardcourt season, thus minimizing her already small chances of winning the US Open and saving her dignity. But I guess it was worth it for the appearance fee :yeah:

That felt so good, getting that off your chest, didn't it. :)

Jimmie48
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:30 PM
And now this injury will eat into any training time she has for the hardcourt season, thus minimizing her already small chances of winning the US Open and saving her dignity.

Unlikely, the first part of this break would have probably used for relaxing and maybe a vacation anyways. So unless the injury is severe it won't make a difference at all.

But grasp all the straws you have to... :)

Ryusuke Tenma
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:31 PM
she wasn't faking injury just to grab some appearance fee.
Why would Wozniacki fake injury after winning the first set 6-2? :facepalm: Some people just don't use their brains :facepalm:
Thanks god, we won't have Woz to kick around for one month.
Yes! Thank God for injuries :worship: :facepalm:
Really? :facepalm:
And Arvidsson has a win over World No 1 :lol:
Because of injury.

Vincey!
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Aww Caro :sad:
I hope this is not serious and she'll get ready for the HC season

tejmeglekvár
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Caro led 7-5 5-0 in Luxembourg, Kremer homeland, but then Caro felt injured and retired with this score

she was injured before match if i remember correctly. At least this time people couldn't hear (well, polish speakers) Piotr telling her she has to retire at next changeover. ;)

goldenlox
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Assuming the injury is genuine then the idiot got what was coming to her. ...The stupidity & hatred in GM knows no bounds.

Ryusuke Tenma
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Assuming the injury is genuine then the idiot got what was coming to her. If you go from clay to indoors to grass to clay within 6 weeks, an injury is almost inevitable, what with the different balls they use on each surface, the different movement, and the slightly different technique used on groundstrokes.

I can picture you reading this result and being so excited to write something like this. That felt really good to write, didn't it? You were looking forward to writing this for a long time.

The idiot definitely had it coming to her. Over the past month and a half, she has played Roland Garros, Copenhagen and Wimbledon. Yeah, too many tournaments in the past couple of week :yeah:

JN
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Really? :facepalm:

Really. As you Carotards like to say, "a win is a win." :wavey:

Jimmie48
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Really. As you Carotards like to say, "a win is a win." :wavey:

I don't think any sane Caro fan has ever considered a match in which the opponent retired a "win".

How can you win against somebody who isn't able to play? Nonsense...

Slutiana
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:36 PM
After a long claycourt season, playing Brussles, Copenhagen and Bastad right next to two slams is plain stupid. Should've just played Copenhagen or a grass warm-up and then had a rest after Wimbledon.

dsanders06
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:41 PM
I can picture you reading this result and being so excited to write something like this. That felt really good to write, didn't it? You were looking forward to writing this for a long time.

I certainly knew I would be writing it - like I remember writing weeks ago, hopping from surface to surface so much makes an injury almost inevitable. But people like you were saying it was ridiculous :)

dsanders06
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:42 PM
I don't think any sane Caro fan has ever considered a match in which the opponent retired a "win".

Technically, it is a win for Arviddson, and goes to her on the head-to-head, etc...

Maza1987
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:42 PM
this is what happens when you enter every tournament known to man.

Jimmie48
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Technically, it is a win for Arviddson, and goes to her on the head-to-head, etc...

Yes because it has to be counted either way, there can't be a draw. But I highly doubt the players consider these situations "wins", especially not if they got spanked the set before like Arvidsson did.

I highly doubt she walks around telling everyone she just beat Caro...

Dave.
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:49 PM
To be fair to Caroline, I know she's #1 but it's not like she's gone deep in the last two slams. She didn't play at all in the second week of RG and finished on the second monday at Wimbledon. If she had made semis or finals at the two slams then I'd understand, but she actually hasn't played too many matches. Of course though the constant surface changing is not ideal and playing these tournaments so near to slams has to hurt her chances in them.

Anyway, this week has been a bit of a middle finger to the Bastad crowd, who obviously only came to see her. Yesterday's match was the worst I've seen all year and she couldn't have been more obvious if she tried :o, and retiring from a set up never looks good. Appearance fees are one thing but you should give the tournament 100% if you accept them.

Jimmie48
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Anyway, this week has been a bit of a middle finger to the Bastad crowd, who obviously only came to see her. Yesterday's match was the worst I've seen all year and she couldn't have been more obvious if she tried :o, and retiring from a set up never looks good. Appearance fees are one thing but you should give the tournament 100% if you accept them.

So just to please the crowd (the match wasn't even close to being sold out by the way) she should have dragged along an injury that might get worse this way and hurt her preparation for the US tour?

I think every fan of her's that was around is okay with the sensible decision to take absolutely no chances just to win a tournament that would have done absolutely nothing to her ranking even if she won it.

Retiring was the smart thing to do here given the fact that absolutely nothing was at stake.

JN
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:54 PM

Is there a W after Arvidsson's name? Yes.
Is Arvidsson going on to the next round? Yes.
It's a win.

Your "a win is a win" mantra works both ways, Carotards.

Brad[le]y.
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:55 PM
There isnt's much to discuss here :lol:

Jimmie48
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Your "a win is a win" mantra works both ways, Carotards.

How is that my mantra or the mantra of other Caro fans? Why do you keep generalising a whole group of people, it's so anyoing..

SAISAI-GOAT
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Well, Arividsson with a win over world No 1...:lol:

and winning 3 games in the win :tape:

Spring Pools
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:05 PM
I hope she can come back and finally peak for a slam.

hurricanejeanne
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:07 PM
this is what happens when you enter every tournament known to man.

Yep.

kman
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:11 PM

I have. But only if Caro was leading and clearly on top when the opponent retired.

Arvidsson was getting spanked so that's all she got, a spanking.

Dave.
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:14 PM
So just to please the crowd (the match wasn't even close to being sold out by the way) she should have dragged along an injury that might get worse this way and hurt her preparation for the US tour?

I think every fan of her's that was around is okay with the sensible decision to take absolutely no chances just to win a tournament that would have done absolutely nothing to her ranking even if she won it.

Retiring was the smart thing to do here given the fact that absolutely nothing was at stake.

Who wants to watch a match where nothing is at stake? Even if it is a small tourney for a #1 she should still either play properly or not at all. She's known for playing tennis and that's what the crowd has come to see (and the entertainment quality of her brand of tennis is already questionable), simply making an appearance isn't good enough.

When you get to the point where you've played so much you almost have a second ranking's worth of points, it's a waste of everyone's time (including hers) to keep on.

Jimmie48
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Who wants to watch a match where nothing is at stake? Even if it is a small tourney for a #1 she should still either play properly or not at all. She's known for playing tennis and that's what the crowd has come to see (and the entertainment quality of her brand of tennis is already questionable), simply making an appearance isn't good enough.

When you get to the point where you've played so much you almost have a second ranking's worth of points, it's a waste of everyone's time (including hers) to keep on.

I agree, all under the assumption that she's healthy though. She came to play there and she would have played the tournament until the end if she stayed healthy. But is Bastad really the kind of tournament in which she should take chances with an upcoming injury, especially considering there's a hardcourt tour coming up where she has a gazillion points to defend.

Bastad was a "fun & games" tournament and it was all fun as long as she was fine. But taking chances with an upcoming injury there would have been insane.

JN
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:27 PM
How is that my mantra or the mantra of other Caro fans? Why do you keep generalising a whole group of people, it's so anyoing..
A win is a win, beaches.

lol at all the desperate haters. Venus got steamrolled in straight sets by Pironkova at Wimbledon TWO YEARS IN A ROW.

A win is a win.

This match was quite something.

A win is a win. Keep on rolling, Caroline!!!! Destroy everyone!!!!

Caroline held it together in the end (slight choke from Alex) - but good job Caro (although somewhat messy). A win is a win - but please step it up for next round.

She shouldn't strugle against Lepchenko , rather disturbing, but a win is a win.
Any other questions?

Jimmie48
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Any other questions?

Have these been said in response to retirements of other players? I don't think so...

timafi
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:30 PM
she'll be back playing on Monday

kman
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Any other questions?
Yea because that opponent retired in a clear leading position. Fail.

Owlboy79
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Possibly a calculated tank, as long as it isn't serious there shouldn't be a problem

Linguae^
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Arvidsson becoming a player who beat reigning world number 1.....? :facepalm:

JN
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Have these been said in response to retirements of other players? I don't think so...

That's your point, not mine.

Jimmie48
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:37 PM
That's your point, not mine.

Yes it is, you brought up this this "a win is a win" crap in response to today's result...

Matt01
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Get better soon, Caro :hug:

Congrats Sofia :yeah:

JN :facepalm:

GoofyDuck
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:45 PM
A win is a win.

Super Dave
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Was she crying?

Jimmie48
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Was she crying?

No, she didn't seem to be bothered by it much, was even briefly smiling during the medical break. It was only Bastad after all..

mckyle.
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Strategic tank for the Baku Cup in a couple of weeks.

Mistress of Evil
Jul 6th, 2011, 08:02 PM
http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/_svetlio_/GIFS/caro.gif

The Reff
Jul 6th, 2011, 08:04 PM

Wtf :lol:

Cinek
Jul 6th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Money money money

kman
Jul 6th, 2011, 08:33 PM

Piotr and Wozniacki :lol:

Jimmie48
Jul 6th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Does anybody have a link to the original footage this gif was made out of? :confused:

backhandsmash
Jul 6th, 2011, 08:36 PM

With sound, this is so fucking funny. Helps if you speak danish, obviously. :lol:

kman
Jul 6th, 2011, 08:40 PM
With sound, this is so fucking funny. Helps if you speak danish, obviously. :lol:

link to clip?

backhandsmash
Jul 6th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Does anybody have a link to the original footage this gif was made out of? :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqXBpeNFmaA&feature=related

:lol::lol::lol:

Jimmie48
Jul 6th, 2011, 08:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqXBpeNFmaA&feature=related

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: I obviously don't understand a word but it's kind of self-explanatory.

Marlene
Jul 6th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Piotr and Wozniacki :lol:

It's not them!?

kman
Jul 6th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Serena vs Wozniacki
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO7MrqxVF7M&feature=related

kman
Jul 6th, 2011, 08:51 PM
It's not them!?

It's an act of course. But she does look a bit like Wozzy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrYjxFR32Mo&feature=related

Libertango
Jul 6th, 2011, 08:51 PM
OMG :tape: :worship:

cn ireland
Jul 6th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Hope you're better soon Caro!

Ryusuke Tenma
Jul 6th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Any other questions?
You don't seem to get that Wozniacki retired here after clearly destroying Arvidsson. Therefore, Arvidsson didn't really win. All of Caroline's "a win is a win" rubbish that you just quoted was against players who didn't retire, therefore, they were wins. Your failure is quite amusing.

goldenlox
Jul 6th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Sofia_Arvidsson (http://twitter.com/#!/Sofia_Arvidsson)Sofia Arvidsson
\
Sorry that my friend @CaroWozniacki (http://twitter.com/CaroWozniacki) had to retire. She was winning but I get a second chance tomorrow..

Hope its not serious for her. She is such a great player and fun person!

Miracle Worker
Jul 6th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Poor Caro :hug:

If it was tank, it looks better than her tank against Kremer in Luxembourg.

Qalahari
Jul 6th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Sofia :yeah:
Two Swedes in the QF :yeah:
WozWoz :help:

TheHangover
Jul 6th, 2011, 09:19 PM
the only way wozniacki can loose in this MM tournaments is by retiring, hopefully is nothing serious i don't want her as the world number 1 but i want the other players to take the number one fighting like wozniacki does not because caroline is injured.
Now flavia has a chance to win the tournament, no chances she could have beaten wozniacki

2moretogo
Jul 6th, 2011, 09:26 PM
She never should have played this tournament. Really shows you where her teams head at right now. Even if she had made the 2nd week at Wimby this was a huge ask.

borrowedheaven
Jul 6th, 2011, 09:29 PM
You don't seem to get that Wozniacki retired here after clearly destroying Arvidsson. Therefore, Arvidsson didn't really win. All of Caroline's "a win is a win" rubbish that you just quoted was against players who didn't retire, therefore, they were wins. Your failure is quite amusing.
A retirement is a win, otherwise you could say Mauresmo didn't win the AO.

Get better soon, Caro!

crazylace01
Jul 6th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Word has it Caro signed a two year appearance contract in 2008 to play here in 2009 and last year, but couldn't because of Copenhagen's placement, so she technically was contractually obligated to play here in 2011 :shrug:

Either way she was damned if she did, damned if she didn't.

goldenlox
Jul 6th, 2011, 09:32 PM
I still havent heard any news about her right shoulder.
If its a serious injury it could change her career

leftyness
Jul 6th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Regardless of the result, I suppose the organisers feel they got their money's worth from Caro in terms of publicity for the event.

The Reff
Jul 6th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Caroline still has no idea as to the severity of her injury, but compares it to an injury she got three years ago in RG. She hopes that a few days of treatment will bring her back to normal.

http://sporten.tv2.dk/article.php/id-41483920:skadet-wozniacki-aner-ingenting.html?forside

goldenlox
Jul 6th, 2011, 09:58 PM
She's going to have to get an MRI, like Sharapova did.
Have to make sure it didnt tear somewhere

DefyingGravity
Jul 6th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Pity. I'm starting to like the girl and want her to do well, and then this happens. She doesn't strike me as the Azarenka-Bartoli, I'm gonna retire at every possible moment kind of girl, so I'm more inclined to believe this is an injury where she felt she could do more damage and just stopped.

Sombrerero loco
Jul 6th, 2011, 10:17 PM
T_T caro...

JN
Jul 6th, 2011, 10:20 PM

I understand she retired, but it doesn't matter. There's a W next to Arvidsson's name, not a question mark. A win is a win.

CWTennis
Jul 6th, 2011, 10:31 PM
I understand she retired, but it doesn't matter. There's a W next to Arvidsson's name, not a question mark. A win is a win.
who cares! :rolleyes: And get a life, your obsession with Caro hating not healthy :tape:

toxina90
Jul 6th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Wozniacki coming to the net = Wozniacki tanking

This. Wozniacki has no business at the net :help:

Halepsova
Jul 6th, 2011, 10:50 PM
What an obvious tank. :help:

backhandsmash
Jul 6th, 2011, 10:53 PM
What an obvious tank. :help:

That's exactly what all us Woz fans hope it is.

njnetswill
Jul 6th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Some people seem to have forgotten that this isn't the first time Caroline has strategically "given up" halfway through a match.

goldlion
Jul 7th, 2011, 12:28 AM
She got her show fee and the organiser will have to stop her because Sofia is Swedish and that's the only way she can win. Funny thing is, no one even care Caroline being No.1 now she can't even draw the crowd. She ain't Williams Sisters, Kim or Maria.

Sammo
Jul 7th, 2011, 12:39 AM
Arvidsson must be happy :lol:

Steadyniacki
Jul 7th, 2011, 02:35 AM
If she's not injured, even though its not in the rules I think its a nice thing for her to do (especially against Kremer in Lux. last year)

Lachy
Jul 7th, 2011, 03:14 AM
Congrats on the win Sofia :yeah:

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 7th, 2011, 03:52 AM
Pity. I'm starting to like the girl and want her to do well, and then this happens. She doesn't strike me as the Azarenka-Bartoli, I'm gonna retire at every possible moment kind of girl, so I'm more inclined to believe this is an injury where she felt she could do more damage and just stopped.

Don't join the dark side. :sad:

tennisbum79
Jul 7th, 2011, 03:58 AM
Good descision to retire. But really - getting a shoulder injury in a tournament she shouldn't have played to begin with......nice start to your preperations for the US hardcourt season and USO Caroline. :rolleyes:
I am sorry, but that is not a decision, let alone a good decision.
She was forced to retire.

Not playing this event at all; now , that is a good decision.

BlueTrees
Jul 7th, 2011, 04:32 AM
Wozniacki should be fined by the WTA. :)

DefyingGravity
Jul 7th, 2011, 04:50 AM
Ugh...just leave Caroline alone. It's pathetic to see some of the comments in here. Yeah, she may have tanked; we don't know what's going on with the shoulder.

DefyingGravity
Jul 7th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Don't join the dark side. :sad:

It's not like I've denounced Ana or anything; still my best girl ;). Plus, I'm a walking anomaly anyway. I enjoy Henin AND Serena; Venus AND Hingis as well.

Mynarco
Jul 7th, 2011, 05:34 AM
Remember the last tank from Caro (should be Luxembourg 09) she did end up having injury in YEC:unsure:

Last year she retired twice (against Zvonareva and Zheng in warsaw)
Firsy one this year.

I don't know. She doesn't look like that type of person tanking this tourney this week and winning the very next one

Let's hope she's fine

Potato
Jul 7th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Is her last name Jankovic? :rolleyes:

Just kidding. :lol: Smart move by Caro, take the appearance fee and tank this useless tournament.

Gilas.
Jul 7th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Caro :hearts: Remember according to knowledgeable people in this forum, tanking non-slam matches is a sign that you're the real deal :eek:

You finally made it girl :yeah: :bounce:

bandabou
Jul 7th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Get well soon, Caro! ;)

Chrissie-fan
Jul 7th, 2011, 08:04 AM
That's extremely low, don't you think? Not liking a player is one thing but celebrating when they´re hurt? Classy...
Yes, but this thread wouldn't even be half as long as it is if Caroline's fans stopped replying to junk that's only intended to wind them up.

goldenlox
Jul 7th, 2011, 08:23 AM
A real positive can come out of this if she takes control of her schedule.
I know she enjoys to work hard, but you want a long healthy career, and she has to make her scheduling decisions based on that.
She needs some down time. She's not 18 anymore

longtin23
Jul 7th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Take a good rest, Caro :)

Daniel
Jul 7th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Get well Caro!

Libertango
Jul 7th, 2011, 11:21 AM
All this after a 2nd round retirement at a "MM"

TF :tape: :worship:

JN
Jul 7th, 2011, 01:24 PM
who cares! :rolleyes: And get a life, your obsession with Caro hating not healthy :tape:

You Carotards are such a concerned bunch. One is concerned that I not make a fool of myself and now here's another for my health. Gee, thanks guys! :hug:

marineblue
Jul 7th, 2011, 05:40 PM
That felt so good, getting that off your chest, didn't it. :)

:lol:

Novichok
Jul 7th, 2011, 05:43 PM
All this after a 2nd round retirement at a "MM"

TF :tape: :worship:

CAROforum:hearts::kiss: