Jul 6th, 2011, 02:43 AM
Do you actually think Venus tried? :lol:

GOATdin0931
Jul 6th, 2011, 02:44 AM
Do you actually think Venus tried? :lol:

Do you? :drool::lick::D

Solitaire
Jul 6th, 2011, 02:45 AM
Venus was sloppy at best but Mchale did hold her own.

Srodgers
Jul 6th, 2011, 02:48 AM
Venus always loses these, no big deal :shrug:

GOATdin0931
Jul 6th, 2011, 02:52 AM
I am just saying...:shrug:

Kworb
Jul 6th, 2011, 02:52 AM
:eek: This says a lot

duhcity
Jul 6th, 2011, 02:53 AM
Didn't Gadjosova bagel Maria last year in this :lol:

KBlade
Jul 6th, 2011, 02:55 AM
Do you? :drool::lick::D

Um No. Same reaction last year when Hingis has match points on Venus in this event. If you actually watch the video's of her WTT matches, it's clear she couldn't really care less.

simonsaystennis
Jul 6th, 2011, 02:59 AM
Should be good for Christina's confidence, but let's be real here, the top tier players rarely give it their all here.

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 6th, 2011, 03:02 AM
LOL people think this has significance.

18majors
Jul 6th, 2011, 03:08 AM
Congratulations, Christina.

Vincey!
Jul 6th, 2011, 03:10 AM
that doesn't mean anything, WTT result doesn't show much. the rules are different and the ambiance is as well, so players just see that as a way to have fun, specially top players like Venus.

GOATdin0931
Jul 6th, 2011, 03:11 AM
I was just saying? :shrug:

I never said it had any significance...:confused:

Solitaire
Jul 6th, 2011, 03:14 AM
Vee's team won anyway.:p It's not a big deal and it doesn't mean anything, just something fun to talk about.

Zvonapova
Jul 6th, 2011, 03:15 AM
LOL- I think we all know that in a WTA tourney scenario Venus would have won this, but McHale is one to watch for sure. I've been saying for awhile that she has more upside than Oudin.

perseus2006
Jul 6th, 2011, 03:58 AM
Just hanging on with a forlorn hope of Olympic glory next year.

Inger67
Jul 6th, 2011, 04:27 AM
Didn't Mel beat Serena in WTT too a year or so ago? This clearly does not matter at all, not worried.

Zvonapova
Jul 6th, 2011, 04:30 AM
Didn't Mel beat Serena in WTT too a year or so ago? This clearly does not matter at all, not worried.

Melanie who? Oudin???:lol: Just reading the words "Mel beat Serena" burned my eyes lol.

darrinbaker00
Jul 6th, 2011, 04:32 AM
Billie Jean should start paying the marquee players after they fulfill their contractual obligation, not before. ;)

GOATdin0931
Jul 6th, 2011, 04:34 AM

Yeah she beat her 7-5 in a fundraising tournament :shrug:

I dont really see what is wrong with that? :fiery:

Leelee.
Jul 6th, 2011, 04:59 AM
I wish the top players wouldn't play WTT. It's much better when it's competitive with hungry young/desperate players. But, they're needed to sell tickets, so bleh.

kiwifan
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:00 AM
I love when people start threads about William Sister losing in exhibitions and World Team Tennis. :haha:

The sky is falling!!! :eek:

Aaron.
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:10 AM
Venus could have tried it wasn't even a full set :shrug:

This is still worrying she lost to McHale.

slydevil6142
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:58 AM

Besides the fact it was for fun.... she lost 5-4 in a tiebreaker at 4 all lol ... mchale didnt even have to win by two....

starin
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:04 AM

worrying? it's wtt, no one takes it seriously. I think one year Venus lost to Sloane Stephens and Angela Haynes.
And Serena lost to Madison Keyes.

Zvonapova
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:06 AM
I've never really taken the time to watch WTT extensively, but from what I've read it was a one set match? Venus is still shaking off a little rust and this McHale has some promise so I wouldn't worry too much. If they were actually playing for something Venus would surely have pulled it out. This actually sounds like it was good for all involved. Venus got some playing time in without losing an actual WTA match and McHale got some much needed experience against one of the very best players in the world. Good stuff:yeah:

Zvonapova
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:09 AM
Yeah she beat her 7-5 in a fundraising tournament :shrug:

I dont really see what is wrong with that? :fiery:

There's nothing wrong with it, but you have to admit seeing any scoreline where Oudin, (who can barely win a match off of Ivanovic) beats Serena is surprising. To me it says that Serena clearly wasn't trying. I mean forget their stature in the tennis world for a moment, there's just some serious match-up issues there that do not favor Oudin at all lol.

vwfan
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Venus played like shit most of the time. On a point or two, she Played like Venus Williams, grand slam champion and unplayable.
She laughed throughout it all.

Noctis
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:16 PM
she plays wtt and lost.how often does that doesnt happen.

Slutiana
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Trashnus :lol:

Apparently she was moving well though, which is good.

pedropt
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:32 PM
This is just WTT :yawn:

debby
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:38 PM
It says a lot, you morons.

McHale is going to win the next 5 Wimbledon, Venus was playing at her best, that's because she is 30 or something people think she doesn't try or play good. No, her best play is average nowadays. But we won't forget she used to be a good player with 7 Slams (and owning Juju Heng, too late, I said it myself). Unfortunately for Vee, McHale is going to erase her records, Venus will be forgotten once McHale wins the US Open 2011. :eek:

And that's the tennis death of Caroline Wozniacki, because Kvitova is hard enough to bear for her, but if even McHale can beat Venus Williams (a feat Sunshine never achieved) and win the next Slam, Caro will become a tennis zombie. Well she is already, with that great pushing game, she hits loads of balls without thinking. Sorry Caroline, you are already dead in tennis world.

So back to the subject, I congratulate McHale, she has not been contamined by Madusah's stare (unlike that 17 yo chick she talked about on twitter), so it is likely she will do wonders. She will save tennis from Sunshine's and Sharapova-Vujacic's dominance.

BartoLiNa
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:39 PM
She must have played at less than 10% to lose to this...... 'player'

Mateo Mathieu
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Hingis can't beat Venus in WTT last year :bounce:

Alejandrawrrr
Jul 6th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Clearly this is a very pressing matter. Venus DID try, she truly gave it her all, but the better player won :bowdown:

VishaalMaria
Jul 6th, 2011, 02:00 PM
OMG! Venus was trying as well! She'll never win WTT again.

Vlover
Jul 6th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Yea, she shouldn't even bother showing up at the USO then!:lol: Venus fans understands that she plays WTT strictly out of respect for BJK and doesn't care much about the results but fulfilling an obligation. Most of us wish she would give up these meaningless endeavors including the HK exhibition but she only listens to her lone voice in her head.:shrug:

!VamosRafa!
Jul 6th, 2011, 02:07 PM
No big deal:shrug:
This isn't even a full set:lol:
Didn't Groth/Gajdosova beat Maria last year 5-0???

Anyway, is Maria playing here ???

Excelscior
Jul 6th, 2011, 02:09 PM
I don't know why people are making fun of and questioning Venus. It appears to me, that this is the only (maybe the best) way for her to practice tennis/get in condition without all the stress of a tournament (that and the BJK factor, as mentioned). I'm sure she may play some real tournaments later, as the summer hardcourt season gets deeper.

We'll see how she plays/looks then or at the open?

thetennistimes
Jul 6th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Venus is on the comeback trail.. so dont take these matches too seriously. See how she does at the US Open

JN
Jul 6th, 2011, 02:12 PM
I am just saying...:shrug:

All of this, " :eek: :cheer: :bounce: :hearts: :kiss: :wavey: :worship: ", is not "just saying." :rolleyes:

Uranium
Jul 6th, 2011, 02:13 PM
LOL I can't stand WTT Venus. Bare minimal effort. No knee bend on first serve. Half-hearted movement, though she did move great at times especially one point where she actually moved great to her left which I haven't seen her do since 2010 Dubai. Then she was just putting the ball in play and would gun for a shot. She did not give a fuck.

Players she has lost to in WTT recently are Haynes, Stephens, Keys and now McHale.

Venus likes WTT because 2/3 of it for her is doubles where she doesn't need to exert herself much, unlike when she has to for singles.

Alejandrawrrr
Jul 6th, 2011, 02:35 PM
LOL I can't stand WTT Venus. Bare minimal effort. No knee bend on first serve. Half-hearted movement, though she did move great at times especially one point where she actually moved great to her left which I haven't seen her do since 2010 Dubai. Then she was just putting the ball in play and would gun for a shot. She did not give a fuck.

Players she has lost to in WTT recently are Haynes, Stephens, Keys and now McHale.

Venus likes WTT because 2/3 of it for her is doubles where she doesn't need to exert herself much, unlike when she has to for singles.
The first time I saw her play WTT a couple years back I was like "OMG is she injured? :sad:" I know it's a points-less exho but she could at least bother to play actual tennis for five games :lol:

Lachy
Jul 6th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Venus sort yourself out. Aint making the second week of the US Open with this form. Sheeessh.

50Sense
Jul 6th, 2011, 03:20 PM
I wish Venus would just win these damn matches so we didn't have to start a thread every time she loses :lol:

Slutiana
Jul 6th, 2011, 03:21 PM

The first time I saw her play WTT a couple years back I was like "OMG is she injured? :sad:" I know it's a points-less exho but she could at least bother to play actual tennis for five games :lol:
The half-assedness of even Venus against her biggest rival ever still gives me life. Her movement. :sobbing:

dNp7sY37eQ8

Sounds like she was actually trying with her movement in the match yesterday, but that's all. And rightly so, her body is too fragile right now.

BlueTrees
Jul 6th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Christina! :banana:

VenusSerenaBlvd.
Jul 6th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Didn't Venus lose at WTT last year, yet made the semis at the USO? Not sure how she will do at this year's USO (mainly because it is still early in her comeback) but I hope V&S do much better during the Summer Series.

Serenus Christ
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:04 PM
just went through 4 pages of trash trying to look for one answer..

WHAT WAS SHE WEARING?!

Rex59
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:23 PM

WHAT WAS SHE WEARING?!

Venus wore a simple, plain red T-shirt with the name VENUS on the back and some gym shorts, something you would see girls wearing in a high school gym class. Nothing out of the ordinary or resembling her outfits at the Slams.

Infiniti2001
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:00 PM

WHAT WAS SHE WEARING?!

A really short skirt :lol:

Ntosake
Jul 6th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Yea, she shouldn't even bother showing up at the USO then!:lol: Venus fans understands that she plays WTT strictly out of respect for BJK and doesn't care much about the results but fulfilling an obligation. Most of us wish she would give up these meaningless endeavors including the HK exhibition but she only listens to her lone voice in her head.:shrug:

Exactly.:lol:

Amanda
Jul 7th, 2011, 03:00 PM
With the Washington Kastles trailing the host Philadelphia Freedoms 15-9 at halftime on Wednesday, Venus Williams raised her level and rallied her team to an improbable 19-18 comeback win in a nationally-televised match.

In the fourth set, Venus defeated Beatrice Capra 5-2 in women's singles to cut the Freedoms' lead to three. Then, Venus and Leander Paes punished winners past Lisa Raymond and Nathan Healey in the mixed doubles finale. One sensational shot followed another as the Kastles broke Raymond, and then Healey, to win the set and the match outright.

"She was down six games, came in and pulled our team together," Paes said of Venus. "She's such a great champion. No matter what the situation, she's looking to have fun on the court and she's awesome to play with."

Uranium
Jul 7th, 2011, 03:09 PM
^Work it, Leander. Do your sucking up to have Venus play some Mixed slams with ya.