PDA

View Full Version : Is there any current no1 player who plays a lot of MM tournaments besides of Caro?

monmonito
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:09 AM
It is obvious that she wants to stay as no1 but the way she play right now, it is so rubbish...her game against Cornet earlier was a mess...Cornet, I think hits more winners... you're really a pusher Caro..I don't know why some people like her game..no one should..

Sammo
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Venus? She's got tons of shitty titles

goldenlox
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:11 AM
They wont let top 10 players be in MM's except 2 a year, so Caro plays Copenhagen & Bastad.
After Copenhagen 2010, Caro only played majors, YEC & Premiers, until Copenhagen 2011. Plus some exos, no points there.

Sammo
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:12 AM
OMG Venus has 8 MM titles and Wozniacki has 6, LOL

In The Zone
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:12 AM
Venus has also been on tour a lot longer ...... :weirdo:

As much as Caro gets shit for playing too often, she is not playing many MMs, she literally cannot due to the rules. But it is the fact she is playing the Premiums (the Tier 2's) way too often.

monmonito
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:13 AM
well Venus is older..at current Caro's age I think it will double when she reaches Venus's age

Infiniti2001
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:14 AM
I don't understand the question--I mean Caro is the current # 1 :shrug:

Mary Cherry.
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:15 AM
Well there's only one current #1 player so...

Melange
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:28 AM
OP clearly knows a lot about WTA :hah:

NA-GOAT
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:30 AM
They wont let top 10 players be in MM's except 2 a year, so Caro plays Copenhagen & Bastad.
After Copenhagen 2010, Caro only played majors, YEC & Premiers, until Copenhagen 2011. Plus some exos, no points there.

that is because she played Ponte Vedra beach in 2010 so she could not play another MM untill Copahagen :tape:

goldlion
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:36 AM
Well there's only one current #1 player so...

Yeah, the poster isn't really logical.

Venus should play more MM tournaments now because of her age and of course ranking.

Caroline, stop being a joke on the tour please. I'm sure unless the rules ban her from playing MM twice a year, she'll be participating all of them even tho winning the whole MM wouldn't add points to her ranking.

kman
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:52 AM
Yeah, the poster isn't really logical.

Venus should play more MM tournaments now because of her age and of course ranking.

Caroline, stop being a joke on the tour please. I'm sure unless the rules ban her from playing MM twice a year, she'll be participating all of them even tho winning the whole MM wouldn't add points to her ranking.

She can't participate in all of them you dumbass. She competes in just two.

Jane Lane
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:57 AM
Wait I thought Brussels was MM? Or is it Premier?

THEY SHOULD JUST GO BACK TO TIER I-V....so much easier.

goldenlox
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:58 AM
Brussels was Premier, that was confusing to me too.
Copenhagen might become a Premier, and thats because of Caroline's popularity.

dsanders06
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:59 AM
Brussels and New Haven might be officially Premiers, but given the piss-poor fields they get, they're pretty much MMs.

Melange
Jul 6th, 2011, 01:20 AM
Brussels was Premier, that was confusing to me too.
Copenhagen might become a Premier, and thats because of Caroline's popularity.

All tournaments on Woz slam tour will be converted to premier

PLP
Jul 6th, 2011, 01:22 AM
Brussels and New Haven might be officially Premiers, but given the piss-poor fields they get, they're pretty much MMs.

New Haven? I think New Haven has a lot of history and is fairly prestigious. Players love playing there.

duhcity
Jul 6th, 2011, 01:26 AM

Yes, because Brussells has shown through the YEARS they've been on tour that no top player wants to play.
You are a dumbass. In their inaugural tournament they got 3 top players and a former #1.

New Haven speaks for itsself. Google their list of past champions. Even if you don't like Wozniacki, players of that level of caliber have consistently played and won there.

Brad[le]y.
Jul 6th, 2011, 01:34 AM
Venus won New Haven four times in a row :oh:
Before that Steffi and Lindsay won it. A lot of players enjoy playing there

DeliriousPotato
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:08 AM
Wait I thought Brussels was MM? Or is it Premier?

THEY SHOULD JUST GO BACK TO TIER I-V....so much easier.

I know, right :lol:
It is so difficult to distinguish MMs from REAL TOURNAMENTS nowadays...

bandabou
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:20 AM
She's still young..let her enjoy. She isn't losing at the majors because of playing too much. She's losing because of her limited game.

longtin23
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:23 AM
If Bruseels is MM, then Strasbourg must be an ITF tournament...
I think Fes is the real MM and as well as Barcelona...

Navratil
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:29 AM

Yep, she played a few tournaments that might be officially no MMs but looked like MM draws :D

What I don't understand is that she's playing tournaments in the week before Grand Slams!!

You don't do that when you have a chance to get deep into a Slam unless you need matches. Why is she doing that all the time??

longtin23
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:38 AM
haha,, she enters Sydeny (before AO), Brussels (before FO), didn't enter Eastbourne or Den Bosch, and enters New Haven (before USO)...

Just want to ask why there are PM events before all major??

duhcity
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Yep, she played a few tournaments that might be officially no MMs but looked like MM draws :D

What I don't understand is that she's playing tournaments in the week before Grand Slams!!

You don't do that when you have a chance to get deep into a Slam unless you need matches. Why is she doing that all the time??

I would never recommend it, but it's not like playing the week before a slam has seriously hurt her. She really wasn't going to win the French or Wimbledon. She's done consistently well at the US Open despite playing New Haven the last three years. And she didn't do too horribly in Australia. She had MP's against Na didn't she?

Melange
Jul 6th, 2011, 10:18 AM

Just think about it for a moment. She did not lose because she is playing the week before the GS. She lost because her game was not Proactiv enough.

C. Drone
Jul 6th, 2011, 10:34 AM
4 GS
4 Premier Mandatory
5 Premier-5
1 YEC

14 "big" tounaments.
Besides these she has 6 Premier-700 and 2 Internationals. That makes 22 overall. Some are reasonable, like Sydney. Or Stuttgart is very prestigious.
Rankings only contains best 16 results.
A 20y old should not care about promoting the sport or filling the bank account.
Just try be the best as possible and compete on highest levels.

goldenlox
Jul 6th, 2011, 10:35 AM
I dont think playing or not playing, either way, the week before FO or Wimbledon will change her results
She never had a deep run at either.
She's having good runs in NY after winning New Haven. Thats been done plenty of times.
There a whole bunch of New Haven winners who played in the USO final, not just Caroline.