PDA

View Full Version : Bastad :RD1 : Caroline Wozniacki def Alizé Cornet: 6-4,6-4

RobinT83
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Hilarious match.

ElusiveChanteuse
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:37 PM
lmao at Caro trying to tank so bad.:hug:

BTW, what happened when Caro was serving at MPs?

Djezonfly
Alizé's cellphone ringing on MP for Caro :facepalm:

Celest
Cornet won 1 service game :o

dsanders06
:hysteric:

Curcubeu
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:38 PM

Congratulations for winning 8 games against the reigning #1 :cool:

GoofyDuck
That was like the #150 against the #151 :facepalm:

Neither can serve or rally to save their life :lol:

WozTakesAll
Didnt see it unfortunately, but good that Caro won ;)

Mixal
Match of the year.

Smitten
I don't care who wins but this is going to be one of the funniest spectacles for 2011. Cornet matches are a treasure of laughs only magnified by her playing Karolina.

:lol: Spot on. If you guys want to possibly see anything worse get Cornet/Vesnina on a stream.

Jimmie48
Awful match, very messy.

Caro's head seemed to be everywhere but on court... playing with her hair and her bracelet...haven't seen her this distracted on court ever.

Noctis
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Alize Phone went off at Mp at 3-5 30-40 :rolls:
Moonball fest and Those hilarious missed over heads and swing volleys
perfect end to a Worst match played yet. A 10th DF From Cornet.
14 Breaks of Serve :hysteric:
LOL Wozniacki stuck at the net most of the time,and those bh volleys looks so awkard :hysteric:

Patrick345
When Cornet´s mobile phone rang at matchpoint Wozniacki, it probably was the tennis grim reaper collecting Cornet´s career. :lol:

ViceUltramontain
This match is strangely linked to two recent TF threads. First the "What's the worst match you've ever seen" thread, for obvious reasons. Then with the "what's the worse way to end a match thread" as it ended with a missed overhead followed by a doublefault, two of the poll options of this thread. I guess it was the worst way to end the worst match.

Owlboy79
Messy:help:

misty1
that was without doubt the most disgusting peice of shit tennis match i have ever seen in my entire life

16 breaks of serve in 20 service games played?

absolute grabage and i feel sorry for anyone who payed to see this match

garbage

Adrian.
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:40 PM
OMG :o
What a shame :facepalm:
Caro trying to serve and volley on MP was hilarious :spit: even worse than on the PSP game :rolls:
Cornet :haha::facepalm: so hopeless, if she had have a brain, she'd beat her today :rolleyes:

Every decent top 50 playertop 150 player, who is in form, would trash Woz today :shrug: she is so bad :help:

JN
Alizé won 8 games??? What's the matter with the "World #1?" :confused:

Serenita
Commentator actually said that Caro was an elegant player.

Slamniacki
this was high quality tennis

best match of the year

goldenlox
I would say good win on the road to #1, but Caroline already owns that highway.
Anyway, just keep winning.

dsanders06
To be completely honest, I turned off at 2-1 in the second out of sheer embarrassment on their parts. Did the quality improve atall?

bbjpa
mockery of tennis play :haha:

Cornet is just :help: and Pusher is favorite for US Open ? :rolls: , very lucky to draw such useless player like Cornet who has no serve , something about 10 DFs :lol:

Fantasy Hero
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:41 PM

EPIC :rolls: :hysteric:

shame that the whole match was probably the worst of the year from 50k challengers level up :facepalm:

DownInAHole
Well, an ugly win is still a win. I'm not sure if I want Caroline to lose her next match and get a rest or not.

The cell phone incident was, by a very wide margin, the most entertaining thing about this match.

Archaeo
Too bad Alize couldn't capitalize on Caro's attempted tank. They both played atrociously. :facepalm:

Alize's cell phone going off on MP :lol:

Owlboy79
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:42 PM

best match of the year

:lol:

Blu€
:haha::haha: Caro, I think she couldn't have played worse but Alizé is just plain bad these days, if you can't beat Caro today you need to retire.
Caro getting her jumper because she was cold and the camera switches to Alizé who is sweating like a roasting chicken :lol: Alizés phone ringing :hysteric:

Break My Rapture
LMAO that was funny.

Why the HELL does Cornet insist on running around her BH to hit a FH when her FH sucks BALLS???? :hysteric: Clueless.

Noctis
pls MJMS maybe you can save us.Because I am sure Arvidsson is too chubby to move around to compete with Karolina :hysteric:
get her out of here if she keep playing tennis like that :hysteric:

Smitten
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:43 PM
LMAO that was funny.

Why the HELL does Cornet insist on running around her BH to hit a FH when her FH sucks BALLS???? :hysteric: Clueless.

It's Cornet. Everything she does sucks balls. :lol: She only exists for people to laugh at how utterly useless she is.

DownInAHole
Didnt see it unfortunately, but good that Caro won ;)

You were extraordinarily fortunate to miss this match.

Djezonfly
Caro getting her jumper because she was cold and the camera switches to Alizé who is sweating like a roasting chicken :lol:

OMG, this :spit:

Adrian.
I mean Cornet DF'ed everytime she was in front...:confused:

She :facepalm:ed her self so often during the match...:lol::hearts:

Sofia please murder Woz tomorow :devil::cheer:

DragonFlame
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:44 PM
I'm so happy i didn't watch this. :lol: These days you just can't believe Cornet is a former world #11 :o

Jane Lane
L O fucking L. :haha:

Kworb
:lol: Spot on. If you guys want to possibly see anything worse get Cornet/Vesnina on a stream.

:bowdown:

Lighter
Woz wanted to tank, but couldn't as Alizé was even worse than expected.

3 df in a row in order to lose 1st set
Phone call just before MP
1 df on final MP.

Djezonfly
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:45 PM
I'm so happy i didn't watch this. :lol:

You shouldn't be, it was very entertaining, in a bad way, but still entertaining. :worship:

Adrian.
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:45 PM
LMAO that was funny.

:haha::haha: Caro, I think she couldn't have played worse but Alizé is just plain bad these days, if you can't beat Caro today you need to retire.
Caro getting her jumper because she was cold and the camera switches to Alizé who is sweating like a roasting chicken :lol: Alizés phone ringing :hysteric:

Well, an ugly win is still a win. I'm not sure if I want Caroline to lose her next match and get a rest or not.

The cell phone incident was, by a very wide margin, the most entertaining thing about this match.

all these comments :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Serenita
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:46 PM
I'm so happy i didn't watch this. :lol: These days you just can't believe Cornet is a former world #11 :o
I'm feeling dirty after watching that shitfest. :tape:

JN
I would say good win on the road to #1, but Caroline already owns that highway.
Anyway, just keep winning.

Right, and it's a dead end with no crossroads.

Adrian.

She was #11 ???:speakles::eek::tape::help:

Chrissie-fan
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Terrible match. But at least she got the W, which is all that really matters I suppose.

backhandsmash
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:48 PM
You were extraordinarily fortunate to miss this match.

:yeah:

GOATdin0931
Why did The Wozter try and tank? :spit: :rolls: :lol:

Mynarco
:lol: Still have no idea why she plays Bastaad

pedropt
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:49 PM

This :oh:

C. Drone
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:49 PM
wut da fck woz dis? :sobbing:

Gpc5_3B5xdk

FORZA SARITA
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:50 PM
every match involving the precious #1 sucks, i wonder why?:lol:

Patrick345

That must truly be the low point of the WTA. That was so bad, if Cornet´s career high was ten, they would have to re-name it top 9. Girl shouldn´t even be in the top 100. :tape:

Djezonfly

They "pay her well"

Delfii
14 breaks of serve says it all! :o

Adrian.
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:51 PM
That must truly be the low point of the WTA. That was so bad, if Cornet´s career high was ten, they would have to re-name it top 9. Girl shouldn´t even be in the top 100. :tape:

Well, from time to time she hit the ball good, and some of these drop-shots were just :bowdown:
But then... :facepalm: and her serve :help::o:help:

Drimal
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Alizé is such a mess these days :facepalm:

She was #11 ???:speakles::eek::tape::help:

She also had MPs for Australian Open QF against Safina.

Owlboy79
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:53 PM
wut da fck woz dis? :sobbing:

Gpc5_3B5xdk

EPIC!!

Oermi
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:54 PM

:spit::hysteric:

Jimmie48
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:55 PM
They "pay her well"

I love how this is treated like it's an actual quote of hers even though it's just hearsay.

DownInAHole
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Caroline looked so distracted out there today. Putting on the long sleeved shirt and then taking it off. Unbraiding her hair and then braiding it. Fiddling with whatever that was on her wrist. Her head was anywhere but on that court today.

goldenlox
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:57 PM
I love how this is treated like it's an actual quote of hers even though it's just hearsay.I heard her say she doesnt play for money, she plays because she's a competitor. So its 100% she didnt say that.
She says the opposite.

C. Drone
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:58 PM
She also had MPs for Australian Open QF against Safina.

Dinara kinda pushed her into slump, beating her 3 times in 2009 january (Hopman/ Sydney/ AO) :oh:

goldenlox
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Caroline looked so distracted out there today. Putting on the long sleeved shirt and then taking it off. Unbraiding her hair and then braiding it. Fiddling with whatever that was on her wrist. Her head was anywhere but on that court today.Dont worry about it. Its 1st match, grass to clay, playing someone who's erratic. And she won in 2. Its not bad. You dont want her peaking this week anyway.

Jimmie48
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:59 PM
I heard her say she doesnt play for money, she plays because she's a competitor. So its 100% she didnt say that.
She says the opposite.

Of course she didn't say that, some player (forgot who) claimed she told her that in the locker room... right.

Jimmie48
Jul 5th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Caroline looked so distracted out there today. Putting on the long sleeved shirt and then taking it off. Unbraiding her hair and then braiding it. Fiddling with whatever that was on her wrist. Her head was anywhere but on that court today.

She was probably already making vacation plans..who could blame her :)

Giovanna
Jul 5th, 2011, 09:01 PM

I wonder the same!

DragonFlame
Jul 5th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Before the injury and mental breakdown Cornet was actually going to be a really good claycourter. Loads of potential there, but just couldn't handle the pressure. The chance of her ever getting back to that level is slim...

She had easy straight set wins over schiavone and kuznetsova on clay when she was 18... After early 2009 she just broke down.:(

Novichok
Jul 5th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Caroline, please work it out. Win this tournament. (and slay during the USO Series)

Jimmie48
Jul 5th, 2011, 09:03 PM
I wonder the same!

Because its a tournament with a fun atmosphere and very close to Denmark with lots of Danish fans attending.

Basically the same reason she plays Copenhagen, to keep her home base entertained...

Giovanna
Jul 5th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Of course she didn't say that, some player (forgot who) claimed she told her that in the locker room... right.

She really said that??
Why she plays a small tournament that offers not so many points and it's on clay! The US Open series starts in a few weeks

DownInAHole
Jul 5th, 2011, 09:05 PM
It may be worth noting that Papa Piotr was not in attendance today.

Jimmie48
Jul 5th, 2011, 09:06 PM
She really said that??

No she did not, that was my point. I explained why she plays Bastad above..it's sort of her second home-tournament... look at the tourneys website, it's all about Caro.

2Black
Jul 5th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Why Why Why is Caroline playing this week. SITCHO AZZ DOWN & LET US MISS YOU!!!

goldenlox
Jul 5th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Why Why Why is Caroline playing this week. .
I read she is skipping California. So her break is after this week.

JN
Jul 5th, 2011, 09:14 PM

Why would that be worth noting? :shrug:

The Reff
Jul 5th, 2011, 09:17 PM
OOOOOOOOOOkay - that wasn't pretty (not sure what it was)
On the bright side: If you feel you have to win a match playing like utter crap; maybe Cornet's your gal :)

Sunshine; if you were trying to win today you need to pick it up - and if you were trying to lose you need to improve your tanking skills.

I guess a win is a win (almost), but step it up for next match :)

Miracle Worker
Jul 5th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Where is my favorite comment in thread about Wozniacki's wins?

And she plays here because she has to improve her World #1's image after amazing performance during Wimbledon.

kman
Jul 5th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Where is my favorite comment in thread about Wozniacki's wins?

And she plays here because she has to improve her World #1's image after amazing performance during Wimbledon.

She was scheduled to play Bastad way before Wimbledon so that can't be it. Try again.

ardley
Jul 5th, 2011, 09:30 PM
She was scheduled to play Bastad way before Wimbledon so that can't be it. Try again.

She foresaw her triumph at Wimbledon :worship:

cn ireland
Jul 5th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Caro:yeah:

danieln1
Jul 5th, 2011, 09:36 PM

It was Rennae Stubbs who said Carolina only plays for money

madmax
Jul 5th, 2011, 09:38 PM
judging from all the comments this was indeed one "quality" affair...not surprised that it involved our precious Numero Uno too, who is an expert at sucking any player down to her crappy level.

Brad[le]y.
Jul 5th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Didn't watch, and glad I didn't :lol:

DownInAHole
Jul 5th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Why would that be worth noting? :shrug:

No on court coaching?

Marlene
Jul 5th, 2011, 10:09 PM

I suppose Bĺstad was her "home tournament" before they invented Copenhagen Open and she's just being loyal... not that bad a thing, is it?!

Linguae^
Jul 5th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Feeling awful for not watching this! How could I? :lol:

dsanders06
Jul 5th, 2011, 10:14 PM
I heard her say she doesnt play for money, she plays because she's a competitor. So its 100% she didnt say that.
She says the opposite.

Right, so Rennae Stubbs was lying, Lindsay Davenport was lying, the British papers that reported Wozniacki's team was demanding a huge appearance fee to play Eastbourne were lying...

homogenius
Jul 5th, 2011, 10:16 PM
worst match ever

DownInAHole
Jul 5th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Right, so Rennae Stubbs was lying, Lindsay Davenport was lying, the British papers that reported Wozniacki's team was demanding a huge appearance fee to play Eastbourne were lying...

What did Davenport say? Aren't the British press known to be less than trustworthy?

dsanders06
Jul 5th, 2011, 10:20 PM
What did Davenport say? Aren't the British press known to be less than trustworthy?

One time during Wimbledon, she and McEnroe were discussing her poor results at Slams, and her decision to play Brussels was inevitably brought up; McEnroe said "did the WTA make her play it?", and Davenport said words to the effect of, "well... let's just say she didn't play there because she loves the Belgian scenery" and smiled, and then she, McEnroe and Sue Barker started talking about how Wozniacki's team had a lack of perspective and there'd be a "bigger pot at the end of the rainbow" in terms of sponsorships/endorsements if she won a Slam.

Yes, the British press is known as untrustworthy, and I wouldn't trust it if it was JUST them who reported her tendency to demand appearance fees - but the fact is it's come from atleast three different sources now, and there just isn't that much smoke without a fire.

Protoss
Jul 5th, 2011, 10:27 PM
I suppose Bĺstad was her "home tournament" before they invented Copenhagen Open and she's just being loyal... not that bad a thing, is it?!
It was a hard court tournament in Stockholm previously.

homogenius
Jul 5th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Alize was once a decent player (nothing extraordinary, but she could play 3 years ago).But now...She looked like a junior out there (and not a good one).
As for Woz : there is just no excuse for a n°1 to play THAT bad.Even Serena on tank mode would give a better showing.That was just terrible.

Ferg
Jul 5th, 2011, 10:38 PM
At least shes winning the matches that matter.

Pops Maellard
Jul 5th, 2011, 10:41 PM
:lol:

goldenlox
Jul 5th, 2011, 10:50 PM
At least shes winning the matches that matter.Is she supposed to lose 1st round matches just because most of the top 10 do it?
Leave that to the others :lol:

Ferg
Jul 5th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Caro,that was just terrible :facepalm:

Atleast a win :shrug: She will tank against the swede though :tears:

I thought Petra was in your 'blacklist' :hysteric:

Russianboy
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:00 PM
:lol: @ the cellphone ringing. has anybody recorded the match?

Gryffin
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:06 PM
How was it even possible for push push's game to get even SHITTIER? :spit: against Alize? :haha: lord help us ...world #1 yall

Keadz
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Going by this result and the match reports Stubbs was right, definitely playing for the money...

(why would she make it up)

saint2
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:30 PM
After game:

Alize: Yay, I've won 8 games against world #1 !!! :bounce::bounce::bounce: So maybe Im not that bad ater all :):)

Caroline: Shit, I gave that bitch everything she wanted, just to set me free from that sorry-ass tournament and she failed to capitalize that anyway :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Slutiana
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:32 PM
LMAO that was funny.

It's Cornet. Everything she does sucks balls. :lol: She only exists for people to laugh at how utterly useless she is.

When Cornet´s mobile phone rang at matchpoint Wozniacki, it probably was the tennis grim reaper collecting Cornet´s career. :lol:

best match of the year
:sobbing:

Marlene
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:02 AM
It was a hard court tournament in Stockholm previously.

I know it moved, but she's still played there since like forever and it was special to her because it was a Scandinavian tournament... basically, I don't think it's as ridiculous that she plays there as some people want it to be. She's loyal.. shoot her!? Plus it's the last tournament before the summer vacation; does it really matter what surface it's on?

kman
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:09 AM
lol at all the desperate haters. Venus got steamrolled in straight sets by Pironkova at Wimbledon TWO YEARS IN A ROW.

A win is a win.

Blu€
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:16 AM
I know it moved, but she's still played there since like forever and it was special to her because it was a Scandinavian tournament... basically, I don't think it's as ridiculous that she plays there as some people want it to be. She's loyal.. shoot her!? Plus it's the last tournament before the summer vacation; does it really matter what surface it's on?

I agree, I think she even received WC when she wasn't a top player yet. They surely like having her there, and she feels like at home. Why not play? People are acting as if the US Open starts next Monday :lol:

Jane Lane
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:30 AM
Going by this result and the match reports Stubbs was right, definitely playing for the money...

(why would she make it up)

When did she say that? :shrug:

NA-GOAT
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:37 AM
another win for Princess Karolina :dance:

did Alize answer her cell phone :shrug:

kman
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:51 AM
another win for Princess Karolina :dance:

did Alize answer her cell phone :shrug:

Of course not.

SwingVolley93
Jul 6th, 2011, 01:06 AM
lol at all the desperate haters. Venus got steamrolled in straight sets by Pironkova at Wimbledon TWO YEARS IN A ROW.

A win is a win.

You, kman are, and will never be anything but worthless. :kiss:

lupojohn
Jul 6th, 2011, 01:06 AM
Cornet has always been overrated. I'm amazed she kept it as close as she did.

DownInAHole
Jul 6th, 2011, 01:11 AM
One time during Wimbledon, she and McEnroe were discussing her poor results at Slams, and her decision to play Brussels was inevitably brought up; McEnroe said "did the WTA make her play it?", and Davenport said words to the effect of, "well... let's just say she didn't play there because she loves the Belgian scenery" and smiled, and then she, McEnroe and Sue Barker started talking about how Wozniacki's team had a lack of perspective and there'd be a "bigger pot at the end of the rainbow" in terms of sponsorships/endorsements if she won a Slam.

Yes, the British press is known as untrustworthy, and I wouldn't trust it if it was JUST them who reported her tendency to demand appearance fees - but the fact is it's come from atleast three different sources now, and there just isn't that much smoke without a fire.

Would Lindsay be in a position to know how much, if any, appearance fee Caroline was paid?

To me the thing that doesn't make sense is if she is playing these small events just for an appearance fee why doesn't she tank in the early rounds? Are the fees linked to her performance?

Giovanna
Jul 6th, 2011, 01:12 AM

Can somebody explain me what is an appearance fee?
Do you guys think wta make players play a specific tournament?

laurie
Jul 6th, 2011, 01:21 AM
Wozniacki's playing a tournament so soon after Wimbledon?

King Halep
Jul 6th, 2011, 01:22 AM
^ they knew she would rest during Wimbledon second week

Roookie
Jul 6th, 2011, 03:06 AM
Alize Phone went off at Mp at 3-5 30-40 :rolls:
Moonball fest and Those hilarious missed over heads and swing volleys
perfect end to a Worst match played yet. A 10th DF From Cornet.
14 Breaks of Serve :hysteric:
LOL Wozniacki stuck at the net most of the time,and those bh volleys looks so awkard :hysteric:

Generation suck at its peek :banana:

perseus2006
Jul 6th, 2011, 03:25 AM
Woz probably did play at the behest of the WTA. She is the biggest star for the area and should draw crowds to a small tournament. If she wins, the 280 points aren't even close to her "best 16 tournaments" but the approx $40K is nice pocket change for shopping in Toronto and NYC.

Alize was a top 20 player and brought what game she had to the court and played her heart out in every match. Sort of like Melanie and so many other kids that play hard tennis with what they got for a period of time and then just fade away.

What happens to them? Do they just get used to losing? Do they forget how to win, forget how to bring it, forget that "on any given day...", forget to "believe"? What happens to them?

Drake1980
Jul 6th, 2011, 03:47 AM
:bounce:

LightsOut!
Jul 6th, 2011, 03:53 AM
Stefi Vögele won 6-3, 6-1 against Cornet last week! :lol:

Stonerpova
Jul 6th, 2011, 04:59 AM
When was the last high quality match involving Wozniacki? Does such a match even exist?

goldenlox
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:10 AM
When was the last high quality match involving Wozniacki? Does such a match even exist?The YEC final with Kim was good quality. Her wins against Fran & Vera before that were good quality.
And in Montreal where she gave up 5 games to Fran, Sveta, Vera.
But in a lot of her wins, like the USO & IW against Sharapova, her opponents seem to quit.

marineblue
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:47 AM

Maybe she reads this forum and wanted to tick you off :lol:

marineblue
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:55 AM
every match involving the precious #1 sucks, i wonder why?:lol:

I guess because she won. :rolleyes::devil:

Valupatitta
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:13 AM
oh god 0.o this is what our number 1 player is capable of: moonballs and moonballs

bandabou
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:35 AM

baby steps! although...if Caro still needs coaching to win Bastad..:eek:

lupojohn
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Woz probably did play at the behest of the WTA. She is the biggest star for the area and should draw crowds to a small tournament. If she wins, the 280 points aren't even close to her "best 16 tournaments" but the approx $40K is nice pocket change for shopping in Toronto and NYC.

Alize was a top 20 player and brought what game she had to the court and played her heart out in every match. Sort of like Melanie and so many other kids that play hard tennis with what they got for a period of time and then just fade away.

What happens to them? Do they just get used to losing? Do they forget how to win, forget how to bring it, forget that "on any given day...", forget to "believe"? What happens to them?

Don't insult Melanie by putting her and Cornet in the same sentence. Sure, she hasn't done anything since that U.S. Open run, but she's got more ability than Cornet will ever have.

Gilas.
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Well dun Caro! Dun listen d haters!!1one :cheer:

MAGIKARPETTA
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:45 AM
Any video about the fact? :oh:

goldenlox
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Is this match with Sofia on tv in Sweden or Denmark?
Is it on a major channel or minor?

Navratil
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Most of the time it's not a plessure to watch Caro's matches :(

It should be a highlight to watch the # 1 but this.... yes... messy! :D

bandabou
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:38 AM
:lol: Okayyy..I guess winning is winning..but sounds like a very bad match.

Beat
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:43 AM
This match is strangely linked to two recent TF threads. First the "What's the worst match you've ever seen" thread, for obvious reasons. Then with the "what's the worse way to end a match thread" as it ended with a missed overhead followed by a doublefault, two of the poll options of this thread. I guess it was the worst way to end the worst match.

Curcubeu
Jul 6th, 2011, 08:38 AM
0kJW_5omnho

6:40 :spit:

Slutiana
Jul 6th, 2011, 08:44 AM
The YEC final with Kim was good quality. Her wins against Fran & Vera before that were good quality.
And in Montreal where she gave up 5 games to Fran, Sveta, Vera.
But in a lot of her wins, like the USO & IW against Sharapova, her opponents seem to quit.
:lol: No girl.

I remember that YEC final. Kimothias' performance was so half-assed she was barely even trying, managed to choke the second set, and yet the match was still completely NID. Francesca played well for a set and then the rest was just an errorfest from her.

Fantasy Hero
Jul 6th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Is this match with Sofia on tv in Sweden or Denmark?
Is it on a major channel or minor?

italian tv: "sport italia 2" is showing all matches :spit:

C. Drone
Jul 6th, 2011, 09:01 AM
baby steps! although...if Caro still needs coaching to win Bastad..:eek:

she used coaching in Copenhagen.

Corswandt
Jul 6th, 2011, 09:57 AM
When was the last high quality match involving Wozniacki? Does such a match even exist?

That's what gets to me. That, and all the highlights reel material in matches Wozniacka plays - ALL - always coming from her opponents. It's like she goes out of her way to make sure she never does anything spectacular or even enjoyable to watch.

goldenlox
Jul 6th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Kim played very well, especially at the end of the match, which had a long tiring points, at the end of a long week, at the end of the season.
Kim had a ton of stamina to win the YEC.
The 3rd set of Caro-Fran was the best I've ever seen Caro play, then she bageled Vera in the YEC semis

Mistress of Evil
Jul 6th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Awful, awful match :tears:
Kim played very well, especially at the end of the match, which had a long tiring points, at the end of a long week, at the end of the season.
Kim had a ton of stamina to win the YEC.
The 3rd set of Caro-Fran was the best I've ever seen Caro play, then she bageled Vera in the YEC semis

goldie :awww: excuses, excuses :hug: Kimberly had not played a single match after the USO and was rusty as hell :spit: playing 60-65% :shrug:

goldenlox
Jul 6th, 2011, 10:32 AM
That was pretty impressive for rusty, beating Wozniacki, Azarenka, Stosur, Jankovic.

borrowedheaven
Jul 6th, 2011, 10:37 AM
goldie :awww: excuses, excuses :hug: Kimberly had not played a single match after the USO and was rusty as hell :spit: playing 60-65% :shrug:
Maybe, but it was certainly not a bad match and it had lots of entertaining points.

Caro was really growing on me at the end of last season, 'cause I felt she was improving, playing more agressive ... This year, however, has been a major dissapointment. And it's sad to see that she's throwing away a possible great future because of tournament whoring and refusing to adapt her game. And aspects of her game which I thought were good, seem to regress, i.e. her serve.

goldenlox
Jul 6th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Maybe, but it was certainly not a bad match and it had lots of entertaining points.

Caro was really growing on me at the end of last season, 'cause I felt she was improving, playing more agressive ... This year, however, has been a major dissapointment. Ans it's sad to see that she's throwing away a possible great future because of tournament whoring and refusing to adapt her game. And aspects of her game which I thought were good, seem to regress, i.e. her serve.Last year she lost 62 60 to Kvitova at Wimbledon. Then over the next 9 months she & Kim were way ahead of the field.

So lets see what happens on hardcourt, before pronouncing she regressed.
This is her best surface coming up. She seems healthy, she lost only 12 games in week 1 of Wimbledon. Seemed to be playing well until unraveling against Cibulkova.

Daniel
Jul 6th, 2011, 11:11 AM
A win a is win... Keep getting better Caro :)

Mixal
Jul 6th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Karolina trashed Pennetta & Bartoli in Doha :shrug:

Sombrerero loco
Jul 6th, 2011, 11:26 AM
awful, awful from both of them :facepalm:

Burisleif
Jul 6th, 2011, 11:34 AM
That's what gets to me. That, and all the highlights reel material in matches Wozniacka plays - ALL - always coming from her opponents. It's like she goes out of her way to make sure she never does anything spectacular or even enjoyable to watch.

It Strikes me you wouldn't know quality tennis and match play if it slapped you in the face. I know you hate Caroline with a passion (for what ever bizarre personal reason), but posts like this betray your pretense of wannabe tennis expert. I really don't know why you bother to persist with your Caro bashing... It's not healthy, or are you somehow obligated to watch her every match?

Burisleif
Jul 6th, 2011, 11:38 AM

Caro was really growing on me at the end of last season, 'cause I felt she was improving, playing more agressive ... This year, however, has been a major dissapointment. And it's sad to see that she's throwing away a possible great future because of tournament whoring and refusing to adapt her game. And aspects of her game which I thought were good, seem to regress, i.e. her serve.

Obviously you haven't watched her play much this year... By far her most aggressive wins have happened this year, with a lot of adaptation and experimentation to add to her base game, including new serves.

borrowedheaven
Jul 6th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Obviously you haven't watched her play much this year... By far her most aggressive wins have happened this year, with a lot of adaptation and experimentation to add to her base game, including new serves.

I've seen many, many matches of Caro this year, and really, there is no growth. And yes, maybe she played aggressive against a few lower ranked players, but in matches that matter, when it gets thight, she reverts to being passive. What I liked in the final of the YEC is that she really tried to make the points herself (maybe because she knew defensive play wasn't going to cut it, as Clijsters does that better than anybody else on hardcourt) and she hit more errors, but also a lot of (impressive) winners.

Steven.
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:11 PM
That was pretty impressive for rusty, beating Wozniacki, Azarenka, Stosur, Jankovic.

To be fair, Stosur and Jankovic were both walking byes (well, especially Jankovic). You didn't have to do much to take them out. I still remember being pretty frustrated at Kim's level during that YEC, especially considering how lopsided her head-to-head series were too.

kman
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:17 PM

Caro was really growing on me at the end of last season, 'cause I felt she was improving, playing more agressive ... This year, however, has been a major dissapointment.

So you're comparing last year's hard court season with this year's clay/grass?

Wozniacki is a hard court player. Watch her on hard this year before you compare this year to last year. She already improved her Australian Open this year on hard and has more titles at this point than she had at this point last year.

goldenlox
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:17 PM
To be fair, Stosur and Jankovic were both walking byes (well, especially Jankovic). You didn't have to do much to take them out. I still remember being pretty frustrated at Kim's level during that YEC, especially considering how lopsided her head-to-head series were too.Stosur played Kim a lot tougher in NYC.
Cornet & Radwanska took Kim to tiebreaks in Melbourne.
Sharapova had match point in Cincy.
I think Kim played as well at the YEC as she played anywhere since losing to Vera at Wimbledon 2010

Mynarco
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:21 PM

But failed to be aggressive in matches that matter. There is no point being aggressive in matches against pennetta and bartoli in doha if she ends up being trashed by Vera in final

goldenlox
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:23 PM
But failed to be aggressive in matches that matter. There is no point being aggressive in matches against pennetta and bartoli in doha if she ends up being trashed by Vera in finalBut she won Dubai before Doha and won IW after it.
No body is winning every tournament. That was a very good run by Wozniacki.

borrowedheaven
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:25 PM
So you're comparing last year's hard court season with this year's clay/grass?

Wozniacki is a hard court player. Watch her on hard this year before you compare this year to last year. She already improved her Australian Open this year on hard.

I'm talking about her game, not her results. I watched her play during the AO, and it was definatly worse than the end of 2010. And you make it seem like grass and clay isn't important, it is. It's obvious that hardcourt suits her more, but that shouldn't mean that it doesn't matter what she does on the other surfaces, and it's not an excuse for her early exits at the French and Wimbledon.

18majors
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:43 PM
What a louzy match.

Dominika23
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:44 PM
play better today caro

leftyness
Jul 6th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Don't insult Melanie by putting her and Cornet in the same sentence. Sure, she hasn't done anything since that U.S. Open run, but she's got more ability than Cornet will ever have.

Woah there, Melanie is 8/22 for the year, with 2 of those 8 wins being walkovers. The last time I saw her play (vs Ana at Wimbly) she was beaten 0&1. Sadly, both she & Alize are a long way short of the players they were a few years back. I'm not slighting Melanie btw, I hope she finds her form again soon.

Mel may well have managed to hold serve more than once in 10 games tho, shame on you Alize.:(

CWTennis
Jul 6th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Caro :facepalm: I know win is a win but that was awful :help:

and this :hysteric:

P7IhwaEdiV4

Matt01
Jul 6th, 2011, 02:04 PM
It Strikes me you wouldn't know quality tennis and match play if it slapped you in the face. I know you hate Caroline with a passion (for what ever bizarre personal reason), but posts like this betray your pretense of wannabe tennis expert. I really don't know why you bother to persist with your Caro bashing... It's not healthy, or are you somehow obligated to watch her every match?

Thank you for putting this wannabe tennis expert back to his place. His posts have really become unbearable in the last few weeks...:spit:

Matt01
Jul 6th, 2011, 02:06 PM
:lol: No girl.

I remember that YEC final. Kimothias' performance was so half-assed she was barely even trying, managed to choke the second set, and yet the match was still completely NID.

BS. I remember that YEC final as well, it was a high quality match. Just look at the stats. :facepalm:

Matt01
Jul 6th, 2011, 02:15 PM
But failed to be aggressive in matches that matter. There is no point being aggressive in matches against pennetta and bartoli in doha if she ends up being trashed by Vera in final

Yeah, because the Doha final was so much more important than the Dubai or IW final? :rolleyes:
And losing 4:6, 4:6 is hardly a "trashing" :rolleyes:

Ryusuke Tenma
Jul 6th, 2011, 03:59 PM
This match was quite something.

A win is a win. Keep on rolling, Caroline!!!! Destroy everyone!!!!

lupojohn
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Woah there, Melanie is 8/22 for the year, with 2 of those 8 wins being walkovers. The last time I saw her play (vs Ana at Wimbly) she was beaten 0&1. Sadly, both she & Alize are a long way short of the players they were a few years back. I'm not slighting Melanie btw, I hope she finds her form again soon.

Mel may well have managed to hold serve more than once in 10 games tho, shame on you Alize.:(

I did say she's done nothing of note since the 2009 U.S. Open, but all i'm saying is that she's got more ability than Cornet. I don't think Alize could have ever done what Melanie did at the U.S. Open. Sharapova. Dementieva. Petrova.

leftyness
Jul 6th, 2011, 10:05 PM
I did say she's done nothing of note since the 2009 U.S. Open, but all i'm saying is that she's got more ability than Cornet. I don't think Alize could have ever done what Melanie did at the U.S. Open. Sharapova. Dementieva. Petrova.

Time, as they say, will tell all...