PDA

View Full Version : Victoria Azarenka

Maria rocks
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Will she ever win a slam??? I personally have my doubts Although i would like to see her win one!!!! Discuss......

killerqueen
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:25 PM
I personally think she will win a slam eventually, though I am perhaps being overly optimistic.

Vee Williams
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:26 PM
She does have the potential to, but she seems quite fragile (in all aspects).

Just think of all those women who have also had the potential to win and never did.

Mike_T
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Trailer trash [/discussion]

Mary Cherry.
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Australian Open 2012.

Chunchun
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:34 PM
:yawn:

ace33
Jul 5th, 2011, 09:24 PM
This generation's Mary Pierce. A top ten staple most of her career, wins a couple slams several years apart will date a famous American athlete of some kind turn religious and get all frumpy.

kman
Jul 5th, 2011, 09:25 PM
She most likely will. Schiavone-Li-Kvitova have proved that any top 20 player can win a slam. It's just a matter of the stars aligning for it.

Temperenka
Jul 5th, 2011, 09:34 PM
I think she will. Once Serena, Venus, and Na have retired, Petra will be the only one capable of hitting her off the court.

DragonFlame
Jul 5th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Can't speak for the future great players that will show up.

With the current generation still in place no way she has a chance. She just doesn't have the guns, movement or serve to deal with players that do everything better then her like Kvitova and Li. Mentally she's not that strong either, i just don't think she has what it takes.

Break My Rapture
Jul 5th, 2011, 10:02 PM
I think she will. Once Serena, Venus, and Na have retired, Petra will be the only one capable of hitting her off the court.
This, perhaps Pavs too but as of now Vika has proven that she is too consistent for her.

DownInAHole
Jul 5th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Maybe? Right now she has time on her side. Making her first slam semi-final is a good first step. After a disappointing end to 2010 and start to 2011 she has really turned her season around and should be a contender at the US Open.

Pops Maellard
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Doubt it.

Slutiana
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:16 PM
She most likely will. Schiavone-Li-Kvitova have proved that any top 20 player can win a slam. It's just a matter of the stars aligning for it.
[/bitter/

justineheninfan
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:39 PM
She will definitely win a slam. Her so called headcase injuries are BS IMO. She pretty much only loses when she is outplayed. She is vurnerable to being overpowered by the biggest hitters. I see her winning about 3 slams in her career. She is the 2nd best player of upcoming generation after Kvitova. Wozniacki might be better now, but Azarenka will surpass her soon, probably by the end of the year.

Infiniti2001
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:44 PM
I hope things fall into place for her and she wins at least one slam.. I like her oncourt spirit..

Noctis
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:50 PM
usually very good first 4 rounds of slams.than lose her brain later in latter stages. her balls would start falling shot.and not deep enough to trouble Serena,Na,Petra.

Graftard
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:04 AM
Not a chance. She lacks serve, forehand and fitness to win a slam. Any good ballstriker and she is toast.

Solitaire
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:21 AM
I think she has the game to win one. Once she gets to the later stages of a slam Vika is a bit mentally weak. When and if she gets over that mental hurdle there isn't anyone on tour she can't beat in a GS final.

NA-GOAT
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:27 AM
probably :shrug:

miffedmax
Jul 6th, 2011, 01:48 AM
I don't think Vika has passed her peak. She might win a slam. Or better yet, a Gold Medal.

StoneRose
Jul 6th, 2011, 02:29 AM
I hope things fall into place for her and she wins at least one slam.. I like her oncourt spirit..:yeah:. I think it'll happen some day probably on HC. I agree with justineheninfan that Vika is closing the gap with Caro. Petra will be a problem but there will be times that Petra stumbles against some other player or Vika may just beat her on a good day. It's not totally clear (at least to me) how Vika and Petra will compare on HC. Interesting months coming up.

Cakeisgood
Jul 6th, 2011, 03:43 AM

Cute that you phrase this in such a non Caro stan way :rolleyes:

RG has been wide open since Justine's retirement, and Petra was one of the top picks (if not the top pick) to win Wimby.

hpme
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:46 AM
If Aza could enter a slam final against a 15+ ranked player..... it's possible

Lachy
Jul 6th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Hope not :oh:

Maria rocks
Jul 6th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I hope things fall into place for her and she wins at least one slam.. I like her oncourt spirit..

I do too. I can see she wants a slam bad. She was gutted when she lost in the semi's at Wimbledon. Thing was she actually played well it was just Petra had a slight edge.

Patrick345
Jul 6th, 2011, 10:24 AM
usually very good first 4 rounds of slams.than lose her brain later in latter stages. her balls would start falling shot.and not deep enough to trouble Serena,Na,Petra.

She trashed Serena and Kvitova on hardcourt. :rolleyes:

She had Serena on the ropes at the Australian Open twice.

She beat Li Na before and lost two close 3-setters to her.

If that is not trouble, I must have a different definition of the word.

doomsday
Jul 6th, 2011, 10:55 AM
She trashed Serena and Kvitova on hardcourt. :rolleyes:

She had Serena on the ropes at the Australian Open twice.

She beat Li Na before and lost two close 3-setters to her.

If that is not trouble, I must have a different definition of the word.

Miami final 2009? anyone could tell you that Serena was severely injured even Azarenka :lol: about Kvitova she was not the player she is now when Vika defeated her but I agree on HC Azarenka has her chances. She is losing to the eventual winner at every tournament since IW now her time will come.

lang26
Jul 6th, 2011, 01:09 PM
If she Win One it gonna outta be at AO, FO, or Wimby She seem to do well at those slam. But Yeah I think she going win one for sure.

Mynarco
Jul 6th, 2011, 01:21 PM
If she is lucky enough to have 7 non big-hitters as opponents, she will

StoneRose
Jul 6th, 2011, 01:38 PM
It's funny really. 2 years ago Vika really wasn't that good and had questionable attitude on court. Many thought she had a huge game and hailed her as the new Queen then.She's playing much better now, is more professional on court and the somewhat annoying antics have gone. Even the screaming seems toned down somewhat compared to that time but that might be just my imagination, you get used to these things after some time :lol:. But now she gets criticized a lot, it's not really clear to me why.

Apoleb
Jul 6th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Her chances are very slim.

She matches up badly against all top players, and that includes Wozniacki. She's the best at beating scrubs though quick and fast. Her recrod at beating scrubs and in the ease she does has been top notch.

We might as well call her the maid or the housecleaner. :worship:

PMBH
Jul 6th, 2011, 03:21 PM

I love how the one-slam wonder Li Na has suddenly become a benchmark at the same level as Serena and Venus...

Slutiana
Jul 6th, 2011, 03:37 PM
I love how the one-slam wonder Li Na has suddenly become a benchmark at the same level as Serena and Venus...
Well Na does keep on beating Azarenka (and Woz too) in slams. Over and over again. :lol:

homogenius
Jul 6th, 2011, 03:39 PM
She should win one, either Ao or FO.

pancake
Jul 6th, 2011, 03:59 PM

The poster is talking about those who can out-hit Azarenka, and yes Li Na is one of them. It's cute when you're 2yo and don't know how to read, but I assume you are much older than 2 and really should learn how to read better.

PMBH
Jul 6th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Well Na does keep on beating Azarenka (and Woz too) in slams. Over and over again. :lol:

Na has had her 15 minutes of fame. She will now turn into the same oblivion that Myskina, Majoli and Schiavone reside in :)

StoneRose
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:21 PM
? Which oblivion, Schiavone was in last RG final. You don't make sense.

Maria rocks
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Na has had her 15 minutes of fame. She will now turn into the same oblivion that Myskina, Majoli and Schiavone reside in :)

Ha ha ha Myskina i remember her. Wonder what she is doing these days?

Slutiana
Jul 6th, 2011, 05:29 PM

? Which oblivion, Schiavone was in last RG final. You don't make sense.
Owned. :lol:

justineheninfan
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Clijsters also isnt a good matchup for Azarenka. Victoria probably wont win that first slam until atleast some of Clijsters, Serena, and Na have retired. I think she can beat Kvitova or Wozniacki on a given day, but against Kvitova the match will never be totally in her own hands.

Dav.
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:33 PM

Not every top 20 player. :oh:

miffedmax
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:52 PM
I have it! All we have to do is convince one of the majors to change the women's trophy, and Vika will win it for sure!

http://www.fgstore.com/coke%20bottle%20gold%20plated.jpg

GoofyDuck
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:15 PM

Well she beat Venus last year and got stopped last year at AO in SF and Wimbledon in QF by Serena... who knows if it wasn't for Serena she'd be a multiple GS champion by now..

Break My Rapture
Jul 6th, 2011, 08:45 PM
It's funny really. 2 years ago Vika really wasn't that good and had questionable attitude on court. Many thought she had a huge game and hailed her as the new Queen then.She's playing much better now, is more professional on court and the somewhat annoying antics have gone. Even the screaming seems toned down somewhat compared to that time but that might be just my imagination, you get used to these things after some time :lol:. But now she gets criticized a lot, it's not really clear to me why.
I oftenly think that too.

Regarding TF only, nowadays she gets labelled as Pusher In Disguise by Apoleb I think (and others maybe too) when she loses to the biggest of hitters like Kvitova or Li, but not when she is beating up on the lower ranked players (AND occasionaly some of the top 10 players too) while hitting about 20 to 30 winners a match.

fish_wilson
Jul 6th, 2011, 10:09 PM
I think shes on her way there. When she is playing well she is playing really well. Just need some more physical training and a little more determination to make it just that little bit longer in slams. And she need to be pushed a bit so that she will stay focused in every match to win every point.