PDA

View Full Version : Budapest R1: (1) Vinci "vince"(wins over) Jurikova 6-1 6-0

Fantasy Hero
Jul 5th, 2011, 01:04 PM
despite the score a lot of troubles holding serve

SVK
Jul 5th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Biggest foreign fave vs. Slovak so despite having a super slow computer I took the risk and found a stream. Jurikova, as always, showing her GOATness and making WTA MD on post Wimbledon MMs. Pretty much the match was decided before it started and the very last signs of Jurikovaīs hope was blown in first game of second set when she was broken from 40-0 and after overruled serve at 40-30...Despite being crushed I actually liked the way she was hitting. Of course, she didnīt play some stunning tennis, but thatīs always in those matches involving lower ranked player playing against much more experienced and better opponent, once they get under the pressure itīs fatal, and thatīs happened too eraly here, so talking about this match in general and especially comparing Jurikova with Vinci wouldnīt have any sense. Lenka was wasting too many BPs though, she was quite good in return games just couldnīt take the very last point to break. With those errors like @ GP at 3-1 after wasting XYZ BPs when she netted an easy volley which was going so out she really hadnīt any chance...I would like to see her playing against opponent ranked somewhere near her because this match would show her real current game, which is obviously still not good enough for WTA level, but it doesnīt mean that she is not able to do some damage there in the future. Vinci was solid, great hands as usual and excellent touch, som great dropshots. She is just lovely to watch.

FORZA SARITA
Jul 5th, 2011, 01:50 PM
nice start Roby :worship: win this title and top20 will be so close :drool:
Lenka :hug: