PDA

View Full Version : Caroline Wozniacki will win the last point of the USO 2011!

dane
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Yes, she will.
I know I've made a couple of Caro threads (i was so confident that she would do well, but clay and grass are clearly not her best surfaces) but I'm 99% confident again that she'll go all the way this time. Reasons:
- Serena and Venus are just coming back from injury. Serena might be a threat to Caro and I think she's the biggest threat when she somehow could find her form while Venus hasn't done particularly well at this tourney.
- Clijsters is injured too. Caro took her to the limits at the YEC last year so she won't be that dangerous for an in-form and consistent Caro.
- Sharapova, well Caro owns her on hard court so should be easy match for Caro.
- Kvitova: :spit: she sucks on every surface except grass. Caro trashed her everytime they played on hard so Kvitova won't be a factor either.
- Li, Lisicki, Bartoli, Azarenka...won't be consistent enough to pose threat to Caro.
- On top of that, Caro loves playing on hard court. She was almost unbeatable on it last year. Besides she said in a danish newspaper that she's motivated to win slams than ever before so it's definitely time for Caro to shine. She said she's very hungry and wants to prove that shes the best out there. :hearts:
Feel free to disagree. Can't wait to see Caro lift that trophy :hearts: Discuss!:wavey:

RenaSlam.
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:23 AM
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/4mceko5.gif

GrandMartha
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:24 AM
:hysteric:

Bronx19
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Did you phrase it that way out of embarrassment?

The pusher isnt winning a GS for a long, long time.

Mistress of Evil
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Каролина Велика :bowdown: approves
http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/_svetlio_/GIFS/wmhwjn.gif

valac222
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Do You mean she win a point and then she retire?

Kəv.
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:31 AM
I hope this jinx's her :p

goldenlox
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:33 AM
There's only 1 major the next 6 months. So only one player is going home happy after it.
If Caro doesnt win she will have to be content being a long term #1, go for back to back YE #1.
Then try again in 2012 as a 21 year old. Not so terrible a place to be.

dane
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Do You mean she win a point and then she retire?

No she will win the last point of the tournament. :hearts::drool:

dane
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:35 AM
I hope this jinx's her :p

:baby:

dane
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:36 AM
There's only 1 major the next 6 months. So only one player is going home happy after it.
If Caro doesnt win she will have to be content being a long term #1, go for back to back YE #1.

That happy player going home happy will definitely be Caro. She will probably win AO 2012 as well :banana: these two are her favourite slams :cool:

Matt01
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:36 AM
:yawn:

dane
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:38 AM

:rolleyes:

Hurley
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:42 AM
This guy is on a roll:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=435242
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=438901

dane
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:45 AM
This guy is on a roll:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=435242
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=438901

so what? :shrug: I was wrong :shrug: and I admitted above. Clay and grass are Caro's worst surfaces. :wavey:

BartoLiNa
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:00 PM
If she wants to win the US Open she had better vastly improve her record against top players there. She has only ever beaten one top 10 player at the US open and that player made 60+ unforced errors.

Neither her final or semi-final runs there were particularly impressive.

Matt01
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:02 PM
:rolleyes:

:weirdo:

Why don't you go troll somewhere else. People like you are the best excuse for the haters to bash Caro and her fans.

laurie
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Yes, she will.
I know I've made a couple of Caro threads (i was so confident that she would do well, but clay and grass are clearly not her best surfaces) but I'm 99% confident again that she'll go all the way this time. Reasons:
- Serena and Venus are just coming back from injury. Serena might be a threat to Caro and I think she's the biggest threat when she somehow could find her form while Venus hasn't done particularly well at this tourney.
- Clijsters is injured too. Caro took her to the limits at the YEC last year so she won't be that dangerous for an in-form and consistent Caro.
- Kvitova: :spit: she sucks on every surface except grass. Caro trashed her everytime they played on hard so Kvitova won't be a factor either.
- Li, Lisicki, Bartoli, Azarenka...won't be consistent enough to pose threat to Caro.
- On top of that, Caro loves playing on hard court. She was almost unbeatable on it last year. Besides she said in a danish newspaper that she's motivated to win slams than ever before so it's definitely time for Caro to shine. She said she's very hungry and wants to prove that shes the best out there. :hearts:
Feel free to disagree. Can't wait to see Caro lift that trophy :hearts: Discuss!:wavey:

Fighting talk after an embararassing performance at Wimbledon, I like it, reminds me of David Haye talking since Saturday night's debacle ;)

SerenaClijsters
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Are you a clone account of kman or World_Life?

Ryusuke Tenma
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Caroline will simply win US Open. It's on hardcourt, which is very obviously Caroline's favourite surface. Sure, there are a lot of other players that are in form, but she's superior to them on this surface. None of the other clowns are going to be able to stop her. Only Clijsters, who is in terrible form, can stop her. The Williams sisters won't be a factor because they have just come back and are not in great form. Caroline is the top player on hardcourt, and she'll be too much for everyone this year. She is winning this year's US Open and all of you haters can suck it.

eck
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:19 PM

Break My Rapture
LOL keep up the backtracking and embarassing.

KBlade
Kvitova sucks on every surface bar grass? Well, that certainly explains how she has a titles on hard, clay and grass this year :help:

Break My Rapture
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Caroline will simply win US Open. It's on hardcourt, which is very obviously Caroline's favourite surface. Sure, there are a lot of other players that are in form, but she's superior to them on this surface. None of the other clowns are going to be able to stop her. Only Clijsters, who is in terrible form, can stop her. The Williams sisters won't be a factor because they have just come back and are not in great form. Caroline is the top player on hardcourt, and she'll be too much for everyone this year. She is winning this year's US Open and all of you haters can suck it.
Hot damn y'all giving me too much chances to bookmark.

dane
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:21 PM

totally agree :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Patrick345
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Do you mean win the last point like in winner? I doubt that even more than her winning the tournament. :tape:

dane
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:23 PM

save some tear for Caro's trophy ceremony :hug:

bandabou
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:23 PM
well, you knowww...that's what no.1 seeds are supposed to do. ;)

dane
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Do you mean win the last point like in winner? I doubt that even more than her winning the tournament. :tape:

You know the best what I mean. Poor thing can't accept the fact that Caro will be unbeatable on hardcourt :hug:

eck
save some tear for Caro's trophy ceremony :hug: exit

OK.
You do know USOpen is not New Haven right?

But anyways, she certainly has a better shot in winning USOpen than RG or W.
She just needs to pray she get some players who are having a really bad day. :o

dane

Caro is hungry, she will :worship::worship:

Ivanovic2008

Why don't you go troll somewhere else. People like you are the best excuse for the haters to bash Caro and her fans.

A sensible post from Matt01!!! Great Job and continue. (No sarcasm)

Also to you OP :tape: :weirdo:

Matt01
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:25 PM

Err...no.

Matej
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:26 PM
First she has to win Bastad on clay, since anything else would be a huge embarrassment for her. :) :) :)

goldenlox
There are so many Caro haters, I dont mind the overzealous fans.
I think Caro's a contender, along with several other players.

It is disturbing that she lost to players she usually beats the last 2 majors.

I want to see her become a contender at non hard court majors later in her career.

Right now, USO has been her best major. But its important for the tour that a star like Caroline is a contender in all of them.

dane
OK.

she doesn't need to. She's good enough to trash all of them, even Williams, Clijsters, Sharapova :wavey:

KBlade
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:27 PM

And Zvonareva :oh:

Pretty sure it's not safe to assume that the Williams sisters won't be a factor. Even Venus, in the terrible state she has been in for the past 12 months came frustratingly close to the final at flushing meadows last year. Factor in that by the time the US Open rolls around, a lot of players are starting to get tired and are prone to injury, Serena and Venus will only be barely starting their season, and they still have a very good chance to go deep and claim some reasonable quality scalps.

Wozniacki better watch her back if Serena gets a couple of warm-ups under her belt.

Ivanovic2008
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:28 PM
she doesn't need to. She's good enough to trash all of them, even Williams, Clijsters, Sharapova :wavey:

OMFG
Your such an idiot.

Ryusuke Tenma
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:29 PM
totally agree :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:
Yes. I like your sig btw. Wozniacki truly is one of the best players to play tennis in a long time. If only people realised that she's going to win slams and become a great. Maybe then the though of Wozniacki winning wouldn't be so terrifying for some.
First she has to win Bastad on clay, since anything else would be a huge embarrassment for her. :) :) :)
She'll easily win that tournament. She's by far the best player there. If she somehow doesn't win, it'll probably be because she tanked, though I don't see such a commited player like Wozniacki tanking.

SerenaClijsters
There are so many Caro haters, I dont mind the overzealous fans.
I think Caro's a contender, along with several other players.

It is disturbing that she lost to players she usually beats the last 2 majors.

I want to see her become a contender at non hard court majors later in her career.

Right now, USO has been her best major. But its important for the tour that a star like Caroline is a contender in all of them.

I think you're confusing "overzealous fans" with "trolls". People like C.W Fields and CAPRIATI420 are real Woz fans. People like kman, Mega_DC, Carofan and this dane are obviously trolling as hard as they can.

KBlade
OK.
You do know USOpen is not New Haven right?

This.

Caroline is good on the American deco-turf, but she's certainly a long way from unbeatable.

Patrick345
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:30 PM

In her whole career she has beaten three top ten ranked players in the US Open series: #6 Kuznetsova, #7 Schiavone, #10 Pennetta.

Maybe we should wait till she actually beats a top 5 player, a Clijsters, a Venus or a Serena before we declare her the favourite or best hardcourt player.

dane
OMFG
Your such an idiot.

still bitter that Caro trashed Ivanovic's ass last time they played? :hug:
moment, who is Ivanovic btw? :oh:

Mynarco
and all the caro fans switch off their PS3s and go to bed

KBlade
OMFG
Your such an idiot.

:worship: Say no more.

KBlade
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:32 PM

That girl who actually won a slam, and still destroys Caroline in the endorsement department despite playing absolute rubbish for the past 2 - 3 years.

Patrick345

A Slam champion.

Ferg
:rolls:

VeeJJ
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:33 PM
So the girls Junior title?

or The wheelchair one? nah, I doubt she'll beat Ester.

Ryusuke Tenma
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:33 PM
And Zvonareva :oh:
Zvonareva?? Have you seen that player recently? Total scrub. Wozniacki will deal with her with ease if they meet.

Ivanovic2008
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:34 PM
I think you're confusing "overzealous fans" with "trolls". People like C.W Fields and CAPRIATI420 are real Woz fans. People like kman, Mega_DC, Carofan and this dane are obviously trolling as hard as they can.

I agree. I have respect for the first two posters even though they support Woz.

bandabou
Err...no.

What?! :eek: Matty, you slipping my friend. ;)

dane
A Slam champion.

A fluke Slam champion :oh:
noone will remember Ivanovic as a great player, Caro on the other hand :oh:

Ferg
And people are taking him seriously :eek: You're only giving him what he wants guys!

Ryusuke Tenma
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:35 PM
How are we trolls? We think Wozniacki will win the US Open this year, how is that trolling. It's because it's Wozniacki, right? I am sticking to my opinion, and my opinion is Wozniacki will win the US Open this year.

homogenius
Doubt it.It looks like she couldn't care less about slams at this point in her career.It's all about Copenhaguen and Bastad now.

KBlade
Zvonareva?? Have you seen that player recently? Total scrub. Wozniacki will deal with her with ease if they meet.

Who has still equalled or topped Wozniacki's results at the last 2 out of 3 majors.

Ivanovic2008

Again :rolleyes:
What the fuck does anything have to do with Ivanovic in this thread!? Stop avoiding the fact the Wozniacki can't trash any of those players!

(And Ivanovic is a slam champion and has talent although it has been hiding for the last two-three years. Bitch if Wozniacki played Ivanovic at Ana's peak she would lose 6-0 6-0 so I would shut you oversized mouth)

homogenius
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:37 PM
How are we trolls? We think Wozniacki will win the US Open this year, how is that trolling. It's because it's Wozniacki, right? I am sticking to my opinion, and my opinion is Wozniacki will win the US Open this year.

You're one of the biggest MTF troll as well so.... no.

Ryusuke Tenma
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Something will click in Wozniacki's game and she'll play amazing come US Open. She will be hungry. There are other in form players, but I think she'll beat all these players. Perhaps not with ease, but she'll beat them and then win her first major title. I just have this incredible feeling that Caroline's game will click into place and she'll finally snatch that major title that people have been asking her about.

bandabou
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Caro is hungry, she will :worship::worship:

:yeah: You knoww

Uranium
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:40 PM
I stopped reading at "Venus hasn't done particularly well at this tournament". Because if you have wrong shit in the first 2 lines, I can only imagine the rest of your stupid reasons.

Ryusuke Tenma
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Who has still equalled or topped Wozniacki's results at the last 2 out of 3 majors.
Wozniacki lost to two in form players who properly beat her. Not to mention Wozniacki has won titles this year. What has Zvonareva done? Lost to scrub after scrub? Sorry, but Zvonareva isn't on Wozniacki's level.
You're one of the biggest MTF troll as well so.... no.
Trolls are posters who stir things and say things to get people annoyed or irritated on purpose. I don't do that. I don't purposely say things to make people angry. I'm sorry that my opinions annoy some of you, but I'm not going to stop posting them just because they annoy you.

dane
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Trolls are posters who stir things and say things to get people annoyed or irritated on purpose. I don't do that. I don't purposely say things to make people angry. I'm sorry that my opinions annoy some of you, but I'm not going to stop posting them just because they annoy you.

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

homogenius
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Wozniacki lost to two in form players who properly beat her. Not to mention Wozniacki has won titles this year. What has Zvonareva done? Lost to scrub after scrub? Sorry, but Zvonareva isn't on Wozniacki's level.

lol yeah sure (btw, no one asked you to stop posting but the way you act, you shouldn't be surprised if people have little to no respect/interest for what you have to say).

18majors
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:44 PM
No way, dreamer.

tennisbum79
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:45 PM

Why don't you go troll somewhere else. .
I agree, after reading Dane's responses

People like you are the best excuse for the haters to bash Caro and her fans.

I disagree with this. I don't thinks poster should hate player just because they despise her fans.
As I have said, posters who justify hating a player for that reason are a sorry excuse for a tennis fan.

KBlade
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:45 PM

Wozniacki so far has lost to Li, Hantuchova and Cibulkova.

Vera has lost to Clijsters, Pavyluchenkova and Pironkova.

Sorry, but the difference in quality is insignificant, and actually probably more in favour of Zvonereva. The fact that Wozniacki can be over-powered by a midget is embarassing (and it's happened on multiple occassions, so no, it's not a one off) Clijsters and Pavyluchenkova also both went futher in the slams in which they defeated Zvonereva than Wozniacki's conquerors.

So, yeah.

pedropt
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:48 PM

eck
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Wozniacki so far has lost to Li, Hantuchova and Cibulkova.

Vera has lost to Clijsters, Pavyluchenkova and Pironkova.

Sorry, but the difference in quality is insignificant, and actually probably more in favour of Zvonereva. The fact that Wozniacki can be over-powered by a midget is embarassing (and it's happened on multiple occassions, so no, it's not a one off) Clijsters and Pavyluchenkova also both went futher in the slams in which they defeated Zvonereva than Wozniacki's conquerors.

So, yeah.

Not to mention Cibulkova was wiped off the court in Wimbledon, whereas Pironkova took Kvitova to 3 sets.

SerenaClijsters
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:49 PM

Trash talking players that are not named Wozniacki constantly, and making stupid and senseless threads like this. Fans are of course free to support any player they want, but the way you're going into threads and criticizing other players and then saying "Wozniacki will win this, win that, other players have absolutely no chance etc etc..". Stupid and prematurely affirmative statements like this reveal a total lack of respect for other players and lack of class as well. I'm not calling you and dane out just because both of you are "Woz fans", or I wouldn't have bothered praising C.W Fields and CAPRIATI420 as well, as they're Wozzinators as well. It's just nauseating how the usual few (including you) go around and act like Wozniacki is this great that is untouchable and display total lack of respect or acknowledgement for her opponents after Woz's losses. There is a difference between being supportive and arrogant/trollish. I've seen you being more toned down recently but you were intolerable in the past. Reminds me of madmax in some way. And you wonder why everybody calls you a troll. Caroline would be embarassed to have such "fans".

Excelscior
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:49 PM

As a Big Caro Fan, I suppose you should know, that Caro will be 21 this year (and 22 next during the 2012 US Open). Her and Kvitova are the same age/born in the same year. They're just a few months apart. Azarenka is the one turning 22 later this year.

coolfish1103
Jul 5th, 2011, 01:05 PM
I hope she plays Women's or Mixed Doubles or that will not happen.

dane
Jul 5th, 2011, 01:07 PM
I hope she plays Women's or Mixed Doubles or that will not happen.

:spit:

Fantasy Hero
Jul 5th, 2011, 01:11 PM
as a Caro fan i simply say: :facepalm:

basset
Jul 5th, 2011, 01:29 PM
i think she'll never win a alam...

StoneRose
Would be nice if she could win it and it would be well deserved given her impressive results in other tournaments. I thought it might happen at the start of this year. Her clay and grass showing in the slams was pretty bad though. Sure they're not her best surfaces but the way she went out was simply not the way of a future slam winner. Actually a lot of players seem to have progressed this year where Caro has regressed. So it probably won't happen.

goldenlox
As a Big Caro Fan, I suppose you should know, that Caro will be 21 this year ....In a few days. Then 12 months of "she's only 21..."
Like I said, not a bad place to be.

Its only these idiotic GM trolls who can spin being a long term #1 at age 20 into a negative.
#1 is a great place to be. Always was, always will be.

hdfb
Jul 5th, 2011, 01:35 PM
This thread is going to turn into a race of the thread-bump in early September, or maybe even late August. ;)

backhandsmash
Jul 5th, 2011, 01:36 PM

Is that not exactly what you do?

Ferg
Jul 5th, 2011, 01:41 PM

I feel so sorry for the normal fans like you :hysteric:

Beat
Jul 5th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Yes, she will.

this post deservs nothing but :facepalm: for a start, why didn't she win the AO then?

Jimmie48
Jul 5th, 2011, 01:43 PM
:facepalm:

Mynarco
Jul 5th, 2011, 01:45 PM

:sobbing: I feel sorry for normal caro fans like you

Ryusuke Tenma
Jul 5th, 2011, 01:46 PM
I don't annoy people on purpose unless they are asking for it. I post my opinions and I reply to others and post what I think. If I annoy you because of my opinions, then that's just tough.

sammysfan
Jul 5th, 2011, 01:47 PM
i've always thought that if wozniacki met stosur in a slam this year, then stosur would win. easily.

Spring Pools
Jul 5th, 2011, 01:48 PM
The only way that will happen is if she wins a point and the US Open site gets bombed.

CWTennis
Jul 5th, 2011, 01:48 PM
if he's a troll why do you continue to reply to him? :help:

JN
Jul 5th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Why are these Wozniacki cheering threads never moved to the player forum? :confused:

JustPetko
Jul 5th, 2011, 02:06 PM
She will play Mixed Doubles? :confused:

Miracle Worker
Jul 5th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Someone from Slovakian Mafia will stop her again. And I hope it will happen before 3rd round.

Mynarco
Jul 5th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Someone from Slovakian Mafia will stop her again. And I hope it will happen before 3rd round.

Kucova :inlove:?

GrandMartha
Jul 5th, 2011, 02:20 PM

I'd take the exported Slovak Gajdosova. This girl has game on hardcourt :inlove:

fouc
Jul 5th, 2011, 02:40 PM

Isn't she the girl who won the biggest clay title after RG this year, beating 3 top 10 players in straight set and took the eventual RG champion to 3 sets?

razzer
Jul 5th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Caro believers

gosh I BELIEVE

WE BELIEVE

CARO BELIEVES

CARO US OPEN 2011 champion :worship:

Matej
Jul 5th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Isn't she the girl who won the biggest clay title after RG this year, beating 3 top 10 players in straight set and took the eventual RG champion to 3 sets?

Furthermore, as yet, they faced each other just once on hard (Beijing 2010) and it was certainly by no means a "trashing"; see my post here:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=19851827&postcount=231

(You will find the highlights of that match there, too.)

Novichok
Jul 5th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Fine with me as long as she doesn't play Serena.

rockstar
Jul 5th, 2011, 04:06 PM
gooo caro :banana:

Langers
Jul 5th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Caro winning a slam would signify the death of the WTA tour.

But not to worry, at the US Open she'll again fall to an in-form heavy hitter. :wavey:

Cakeisgood
Jul 5th, 2011, 04:14 PM

+1

ViennaCalling
Jul 5th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Is she playing Mixed Doubles there? :spit:

dsanders06
Jul 5th, 2011, 04:38 PM
In all seriousness, I really don't understand why Wozniacki's fans seem to think the US Open is her best shot at a Slam? They say it's her best surface, but it's pretty much EVERYONE's best surface.

Her best shot at a Slam imo is Roland Garros. With Henin gone, there's no-one who's outstanding on clay.

Jimmie48
Jul 5th, 2011, 04:45 PM
In all seriousness, I really don't understand why Wozniacki's fans seem to think the US Open is her best shot at a Slam? They say it's her best surface, but it's pretty much EVERYONE's best surface.

Her best shot at a Slam imo is Roland Garros. With Henin gone, there's no-one who's outstanding on clay.

Clay is her worst surface therefor RG can't be her best chance...

She excels on hardcourt, she loves the event, there is an extensive hardcourt tour beforehand for preparation and her results there are by far the best of any slam. Why are we even having this discussion?

dsanders06
Jul 5th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Clay is her worst surface therefor RG can't be her best chance...

She excels on hardcourt, she loves the event, there is an extensive hardcourt tour beforehand for preparation and her results there are by far the best of any slam. Why are we even having this discussion?

Again all your points on hardcourt apply to pretty much everyone - probably the only top players who wouldn't list hardcourts as their favourite surface are Venus and Schiavone.

And likewise, clay is virtually everyone's worst surface - 3 of the 4 RG semifinalists this year would consider clay their worst. The key thing about clay is that there's no-one who excels on it - the Veterans who are still in the game (Williamses, Clijsters, Sharapova) are all mediocre on it, and none of the young players are partciularly good on it. RG is clearly the most wide-open Slam, and that's why it's Wozniacki's best chance.

Jimmie48
Jul 5th, 2011, 04:52 PM
The results don't back up your claim though, USO has been where she's been going the furthest so far.... simply because this is her slam to win. AO follows, then Wimbledon.... I wouldn't be surprised if she´ll never even make the final at RG.. clay is just not her thing, more so than for other players.

dsanders06
Jul 5th, 2011, 04:55 PM
The results don't back up your claim though, USO has been where she's been going the furthest so far.... simply because this is her slam to win. AO follows, then Wimbledon.... I wouldn't be surprised if she´ll never even make the final at RG.. clay is just not her thing, more so than for other players.

RG was Li's least-successful Slam before this year too. While Wozniacki might have been more consistent at the US Open, it's very unlikely she'd be able to beat Serena, Clijsters, Sharapova and I would guess even Kvitova or Azarenka when they're at their very best on hard courts, meaning she'll find it very hard to take that final step at the USO. But clay is a great equalizer for the women, and as virtually all of the top 20 are on the same mediocre level on clay, Wozniacki will find it easier to beat the top players there.

Jimmie48
Jul 5th, 2011, 05:01 PM
RG was Li's least-successful Slam before this year too. While Wozniacki might have been more consistent at the US Open, it's very unlikely she'd be able to beat Serena, Clijsters, Sharapova and I would guess even Kvitova or Azarenka when they're at their very best on hard courts, meaning she'll find it very hard to take that final step at the USO. But clay is a great equalizer for the women, and as virtually all of the top 20 are on the same mediocre level on clay, Wozniacki will find it easier to beat the top players there.

What facts do you base this statements on? How's she unlikely to beat Sharapova on hardcourt? She's beaten her twice... she has never lost to Vika on hardcourt either. What exactly makes this "unlikely" to you?

She hasn't had any matches against Serena since she's reached her prime form, the only player she hasn't been able to beat on hardcourt since then is Clijsters.. so she's the only player where I would agree that Caro beating her on hardcourt is unlikely simply because of their h2h.

postalblowfish
Jul 5th, 2011, 07:30 PM
And likewise, clay is virtually everyone's worst surface - 3 of the 4 RG semifinalists this year would consider clay their worst. The key thing about clay is that there's no-one who excels on it - the Veterans who are still in the game (Williamses, Clijsters, Sharapova) are all mediocre on it, and none of the young players are partciularly good on it. RG is clearly the most wide-open Slam, and that's why it's Wozniacki's best chance.

If all those players won't win RG because it's their worst surface, then why should Caro be any different if she doesn't like the surface either?

Leelee.
Jul 5th, 2011, 07:58 PM
She could win Mixed Doubles.

dsanders06
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:00 PM
If all those players won't win RG because it's their worst surface, then why should Caro be any different if she doesn't like the surface either?

I didn't say none of them would win it. I said they are much less likely to win it than any of the others. The list of RG champions in the 21st century confirms that: there's Henin with 4 wins, then the rest are one-timers.

Stonerpova
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:07 PM
All of this ridiculously blind optimism is just too much. And this is coming from a delusional Ivanovic fan :lol:

JackFrost
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Is there an option to automatically blank out every thread with the words "will win" in it´s title? :scratch: