PDA

View Full Version : Which active slam winner has the most likeable personality?

ElusiveChanteuse
Jul 5th, 2011, 07:00 AM
:shrug: Not about how they play, not about their achievement, not about their looks, not about what they wear etc. It's all about how they behave on court and off court too which makes people like them or attracted to them.

Lachy
Jul 5th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Masha. They way in which she handles herself on and off the court is the reason why I am a fan.

Zvonapova
Jul 5th, 2011, 07:25 AM
At the risk of enduring the wrath of the Masha haters I'm gonna say Maria. She carried herself with great dignity after a tough loss Saturday and showed the world what a class act she truly is. Clijsters gets honorable mention here. She almost always has a smile on her face. Even when she was schooling the on-court interviewer at the AO for insulting her figure:lol:

the jamierbelyea
Jul 5th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Li Na :) I just find her so absolutely genuine, but I think that's sort of the way for players who are thrust into true GS contender out of nowhere. I think that's what made Schiavone so wonderful last year, it all seemed real, and they were on the ride along with us.

I feel with most of the others (with the exception of Petra and Sveta really) it's more an act, because they are already in the business of contending and becoming a brand from the word go. They were almost destined for this, so they are more trained, and more aware of everything. It's more of a package (not saying it's a bad thing, just a reality).

I think it's only when players achieve this sudden fame, is when you see the true personality. Think Schiavone last year's FO, Li Na this year's Oz, or even Marion Bartoli during her Wimbledon finalist run (Pierce Brosnan in the stands!).

Caralenko
Jul 5th, 2011, 07:58 AM
How anyone can say Martha's personality is likable is just beyond me.

Curtos07
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Ana Ivanovic, easily. Her personality is the main reason why I became a fan. Genuinely very nice and sweet and handles herself with class and respect on and off the court. Just watch her pressers. Great role model for kids.

Keadz
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Na for me with Fran and Kim not far behind...

Not sure why people are voting Masha :unsure:. She seems nice I guess.

Haven't seen enough from Petra but she seems pretty cool.

nevetssllim
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:09 AM
I'd actually say all of them but I voted for Fran.

LoLex
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Sveta and Na Li :hearts:

Funny how Serena and Venus have no votes so far.

Leo St
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:16 AM
wasnt sharapova a bitch?

Lachy
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Oh and Ana too of course :hearts:

LoLex
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Oh and Ana too of course :hearts:

May I ask which part of her personality is likeable?

Level55
Jul 5th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Kim, Kuzzy, Franny, Petra and Na are all adorable :)
Ana seems like a sweetie too.
The only one who has sometimes seemed a bit off to me is Serena. But I don't hate her or anything. I also think Maria is a lot better these days.

Valupatitta
Jul 5th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Serena. she doesn't give a crap she'll show u that shes angry and upset when she loses (eg wimbledon 2008 final) love her diva attitude

Kworb
Jul 5th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Na of course. Calm and determined on court. Hilarious and sweet off court. And she is just a good person in general.

Serena, Sveta and Fran also have great personalities.

Mistress of Evil
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:18 AM
I hate this kind of threads :shrug: who are we to say whose personality is great or not :o
Does anybody who voted actually knows any of this girls? :scratch: I do not thinks so :)

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:20 AM
NaNa! :)

BartoLiNa
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Li Na by a mile. Maria fans :haha:

MSandiastri
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Voted for Petra. One of the humblest players I've ever seen.

Ferg
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:24 PM
How anyone can say Martha's personality is likable is just beyond me.

Im sure they would make a case for Maria having the quietest/nicest grunt on tour if they needed to. And they wonder why people take the piss out of them :haha:

Anyways to answer, Na.

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:27 PM
I voted for Queen Vee.

Break My Rapture
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:27 PM
No one here probably even knows them in person, so this is a useless thread. On court I voted for Kvitova since she keeps herself calm and collected except when she releases a bark which I fucking love since they're hilarious.

LUVMIRZA
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Li Na minus the handshake at wimbledon ofcourse:shrug:

SerenaClijsters
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Venus and I would have mentioned Na as well, but I'm now not so sure after that handshake with Sabine..

Queenpova
Jul 5th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Maria and Na Li

hurricanejeanne
Jul 5th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Sveta, Na, and Fran would be the most to hang out with.

it-girl
Jul 5th, 2011, 02:31 PM
People are just going to vote for their favorites. You will not get a true vote for personality from all. I think Venus has an awesome personality especially when she does her interviews and stands up for women's rights. I also think that Ana, Kim, Na Li & Schiavone have wonderful personalities.

18majors
Jul 5th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Maria.

englando08
Jul 5th, 2011, 06:13 PM
You have to be kidding voting for Maria. "This is my home" "Who is she, Jankovic?" Not to mention she is very bland off court...Li Na is the winner.

Keegan
Jul 5th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Svetlana.

flyingmachine
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Sveta

Smitten
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Na or Serena.

:lol: @ these Martha votes. She's so boring and her rare flashes of funny comes off as contrived and awkward.

it-girl
Jul 5th, 2011, 10:42 PM
wasnt sharapova a bitch?Maria is the last person who comes to mind when it comes to the players personality.

sladuska
Jul 5th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Maria

Novichok
Jul 5th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Serena. The perfect combination of sweet and sour.:drool:
She's also very funny.

DefyingGravity
Jul 5th, 2011, 10:48 PM
It's a toss up between Schiavo and Svetlana...so I'm gonna say Schiavone. They're just so damn candid and success doesn't seem to have changed them any. With all of them, they were either ready for success to come or their two different personas don't seem to be real. Schiavone and Svetlana are exactly who they are throughout the tennis court, press conference, and meet and greet.

Berlin_Calling
Jul 5th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Li Na followed by Kuznetsova and Serena. :tape: at people saying Ana.. what personality?? :confused:

Curtos07
Jul 5th, 2011, 10:57 PM
May I ask which part of her personality is likeable?

Unless you are the devil yourself, explain to me how Ana is not likeable? Oh yeah, you hate nice people.

Cajka
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Li Na followed by Kuznetsova and Serena. :tape: at people saying Ana.. what personality?? :confused:

Does it really matter? Nobody asks you to like her. :shrug: She's a sweet and shy girl. It works for some people, for example - it works for me. Sometimes her statements are too delusional, but it's not that she's offending someone. She's also popular because of her humanitarian work, work with the kids. Nothing bad about her, really.

Cajka
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Unless you are the devil yourself, explain to me how Ana is not likeable? Oh yeah, you hate nice people.

People often bash on her because of her lack of charisma. But she's just not the type of person who tries too hard. She's not outgoing. It's OK not to like it, but I don't know why people can't accept that some people like it.

DefyingGravity
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:14 PM

Personality being likeable does not always mean nice. Yeah, we just so happen to have girls who are nice, but Serena and Li are funny, and Serena's fiery attitude and sort of "I'm gonna do what I want" sort of ways just make her likeable because some people wish they could be just as not bothered by other people.

It's like how Hingis was likeable because she clearly spoke her mind. Not because she was necessarily the nicest. Who would you pick?

Mary Cherry.
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Li Na is miles ahead of the rest in this category.

Slutiana
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:20 PM
People often bash on her because of her lack of charisma. But she's just not the type of person who tries too hard. She's not outgoing. It's OK not to like it, but I don't know why people can't accept that some people like it.
I agree with this.

But I also don't know why some people can't accept that others don't like it.

Cajka
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:29 PM
I agree with this.

But I also don't know why some people can't accept that others don't like it.

I do. It's OK. I just don't understand why someone said ":tape: @ people who voted for Ana". Wow! Someone likes Ana. :rolleyes: Big deal!

Brena
Jul 5th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Na, Serena, Francy, Sveta.
Kviotva also seems likeable in her own way.

Renalicious
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:15 AM
Na Li. :D

kman
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Another useless TF poll.

goldlion
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:28 AM
I start to think that Na has been talking about prize money too much. She's carrying the same prize money thing since Australian Open and it's gotta stop. It's like, yeah I like to go shopping, but I have to make more prize money first. Then the next time well prize money's the only thing got into my head when playing tennis. It was a joke, but now it's ludicrous and cheap joke and I couldn't laugh at that anymore, especially she was beaten by an inform Lisicki who the form disappearted against Maria.

ElusiveChanteuse
Jul 6th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Another useless TF poll.

well, you can imagine the 'none of them' option as Wozniacki if you like.:shrug:

Mike81
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Ana Ivanovic always seems nice to me :) Sharapova I dislike her on court behaviour (screams + fistpumping UE's) but she seems ok off the court.

bandabou
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Serena..because she's this "I do it my way"-attitude and doesn't really care what others say. Then she can be very funny too.