PDA

View Full Version : 2011 WTA Tour - June

Sarek
Jul 5th, 2011, 04:29 AM
Hey everyone.

I made a file which summarizing the whole tour results from the beginning of the year until now (end of June). For me, this is much comfortable to use this file in order to track the results.

In each tab you can view a tournament information including the results. The last tab contains summary of the tour points each player received until now.

You can download the file here:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ydzshn
(the download link is located below)

Remarks:
* I used Microsoft Office 2007 to make this file, so make sure you open it with an advanced version of Microsoft Excel.
* I used fonts that i'm not sure available in all computers, such as BN M@TAN, Old English Text MT, Comic Sans MS.
* There are some photos in the file which I took from the following sites: Uefa.com, sonyericssonwtatour.com, en.wikipedia.org

Enjoy!
I'm waiting for your feedbacks.

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/6458/flagofdenmark.png

Potato
Jul 5th, 2011, 04:30 AM
What's with the giant Denmark button :hysteric:

Thanks though :hearts:

LoLex
Jul 5th, 2011, 04:39 AM
I am not going to download it but good job :yeah:

BlueTrees
Jul 5th, 2011, 04:43 AM
What's the point? :confused:

Sarek
Jul 5th, 2011, 02:44 PM
What's the point? :confused:

Well, it's just for fun.
I found it very useful to track the results with this file. :)

Sarek
Jul 5th, 2011, 02:46 PM
What's with the giant Denmark button :hysteric:

A way to mark Caroline's first place. ;)

denny5576
Jul 5th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Tanks! It works and is easy to operate... Everything in one file - great!

Steven.
Jul 5th, 2011, 05:08 PM
great work. I think it is aesthetically pleasing. :)

Although, I might sound dumb for asking this but... what is the 2nd column? Is it the end year ranking for last year? If so, there are a couple of errors I think. I'm pretty sure Kvitova, Sharapova, Bartoli and Jankovic are wrong for starters.

Sarek
Jul 5th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Although, I might sound dumb for asking this but... what is the 2nd column? Is it the end year ranking for last year? If so, there are a couple of errors I think. I'm pretty sure Kvitova, Sharapova, Bartoli and Jankovic are wrong for starters.

Sorry I didn't explain it.
As you can see, the table isn't exactly like the "Race to the WTA Champs" table. It contains all the results from this year on the WTA Tour. Meaning, I didn't calculate the points like the ranking system (16 best tournaments etc.), because if I would use the ranking system, I had to track results from the ITF as well.

The column "B" on the "2011 WTA Tour" tab, contains the ranking based on the 2010 Season-Ending file I made, which includes the same ranking system I wrote above.

If you want, I can upload this file as well.

Thanks for the compliments though. :)