PDA

View Full Version : Was 2000 Venus the best athlete in the game ever?

Pops Maellard
Jul 5th, 2011, 03:17 AM
8yfzF74AXMQ

How she managed to get that letcord dropshot from behind the baseline, I don't think anyone else could've.

SoBlackAndBlue
Jul 5th, 2011, 03:20 AM
No. Strength and stamina is part of athleticism just as much as speed is. I can think of at least one player this decade who was a better all around athlete.

Pops Maellard
Jul 5th, 2011, 03:23 AM
No. Strength and stamina is part of athleticism just as much as speed is. I can think of at least one player this decade who was a better all around athlete.
Venus had those back then as well. :)

LoLex
Jul 5th, 2011, 03:26 AM
One of the best. No doubt.

SoBlackAndBlue
Jul 5th, 2011, 03:30 AM
Venus had those back then as well. :)

If I had to define "athleticism", I'd put it as such: The ability to do well in a wide array of athletic competitions.

Using that definition, I'd put Serena and Martina N. as the top two athletes in the history of women's tennis easily. They are the only two women I could imagine competing in a decathlon.

Veesus
Jul 5th, 2011, 03:36 AM
If I had to define "athleticism", I'd put it as such: The ability to do well in a wide array of athletic competitions.

Using that definition, I'd put Serena and Martina N. as the top two athletes in the history of women's tennis easily. They are the only two women I could imagine competing in a decathlon.

In which decathlon events would Martina N beat Venus?

SoBlackAndBlue
Jul 5th, 2011, 03:38 AM
In which decathlon events would Martina N beat Venus?

Shot put comes to mind immediately. As well as the 1500 meters. Venus has had problem with fatigue and dizziness during long matches, if I'm not mistaken.