PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk Empire: Talk a walk on The Boardwalk

Smitten
Jul 4th, 2011, 11:09 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_svjXYAAiFeU/TQYRvDGoPTI/AAAAAAAAAT0/dWj9eFJue0U/s1600/boardwalk-empire.jpg

I figured since Game of Thrones was such a big hit that I would try to get people in this as well. Season 2 begins in the fall. There's still time to get acquainted with Season 1. Excellent show, great acting, good storylines.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0979432/

Crazy Canuck
Jul 5th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Yeah, it's good. It gets some flack from people who think that it's "not as good as expected" or whatever, but it's a pretty damn fine hour of TV. I'll take Breaking Bad, Mad Men, or Justified over this, though.

ptkten
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:57 AM
Crazy Canuck, I'm basically where you are. I think it's a good show that had some great moments in the first season but it hasn't measured up yet to my other HBO favorites like The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, and Game of Thrones.

Kelly MacDonald and Michael Shannon are the standouts for me. I'm interested to see where the second season goes.

Solitaire
Jul 6th, 2011, 01:03 AM
It started out slow for me but really geared up. The show is def worth watching. Oh dear lord the perma nudity in every episode. I didn't know people in the 20's were always nude.:p

Pureracket
Dec 5th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Wow @ Jimmy and his mother!

CrossCourt~Rally
Dec 5th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Love it! It's another good example of a show that flourishes on a cable channel, but would have no chance on network tv. Thanks u cable! ;)

Cilla
Dec 5th, 2011, 12:24 PM
I love this show :inlove:

Richard Harrow is my fave. Also like Chalky White. I can't stand Jimmy :facepalm: I can't wait until he gets his comeuppance from Nucky :oh:

Van Alden :scared: But Michael Shannon is great.

Pureracket
Dec 5th, 2011, 12:41 PM
I love this show :inlove:

Richard Harrow is my fave. Also like Chalky White. I can't stand Jimmy :facepalm: I can't wait until he gets his comeuppance from Nucky :oh:

Van Alden :scared: But Michael Shannon is great.For some reason, I think Nucky and Jimmy will reconcile.

Brooklyn90
Dec 5th, 2011, 02:25 PM
one of my favorite shows of all time :worship:
The last two episodes have been so great!
I still can't believe she(some of you know who) died, I was in complete shock and saddened :sad:

Brooklyn90
Dec 5th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Michael Shannon is a fantastic actor, I love watching him on screen :worship: He is truly brilliant in this :yeah:

Brooklyn90
Dec 6th, 2011, 08:53 PM
more people should watch this show!!! :D

ptkten
Dec 6th, 2011, 09:56 PM
The show has gotten significantly better this season. Last episode, while maybe a little bit too literal in its Oedipus overtones, was one of the most emotional and shocking episodes on television in the last year. Michael Pitt and Gretchen Mol both deserve emmy's for their work this week. Kelly MacDonald and Jack Huston have been strong all season as well.

Smitten
Dec 7th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Can't wait for the finale!

Brooklyn90
Dec 12th, 2011, 04:59 AM
Any one else see the finale?!??! I can't even put into words how shocked I was at the ending :eek: I didn't see that coming! I wonder how season 3 is going to pan out now?!

Pureracket
Dec 12th, 2011, 11:28 AM
I saw it. The first three minutes and the last three minutes were crazy!!!!!!

ptkten
Dec 12th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Great finale, I felt bad for Jimmy but there was nowhere else for his character to go and I'm glad the writers had the guts to follow through with it.

Brooklyn90
Dec 13th, 2011, 02:50 AM
I would have rather they killed Jimmy and left Angie on the show, I liked her character.
I was also unhappy that Van Alden was hardly in the final episode, IMO he is the best character.

Pureracket
Dec 13th, 2011, 03:15 AM
I would have rather they killed Jimmy and left Angie on the show, I liked her character.
I was also unhappy that Van Alden was hardly in the final episode, IMO he is the best character.I'm wondering what they are planning to do with Van Alden's character. He has an assumed name and is apparently married to the nanny now.

Smitten
Dec 13th, 2011, 04:45 AM
Would have loved to see Michael Pitt stay longer.

Smitten
Dec 29th, 2011, 05:51 AM
Can't wait to see what Season 3 preview looks like.