PDA

View Full Version : Jennifer Capriati: Possible Comeback??

GAGAlady
Jul 4th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Ive heard a few birdies in florida discussing the potential for Jennifer to make a comeback in todays game. Granted this is only a rumour at this point and a BIG "" considering shes still officially both injured and retired.

However, Jennifers is only 34 she has plenty of time to comeback i she wanted to. She has to take sm inspiration from Kimiko Date who at 41 is plying quality tennis (if inconsistantly)

Apparently she is also pain free and able to work out regularly...i think if she wanted she could...shes still relatively young and so talented.

Opinions?

Martian Jeza
Jul 4th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Not a single chance I'm afraid ! Players from my generation will NEVER come back again to the Tour : you should live with it !

GAGAlady
Jul 4th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Not a single chance I'm afraid ! Players from my generation will NEVER come back again to the Tour : you should live with it !hungr

Living with it is not the issue...i dont really care one way or another if she comes back...its simply intriguing to assume that if she did how would she fare.

Would she end up like Dokic? Floundering due to her poor conditioning or do a Clijsters and win slams?

I think shed be gunning for slams if she weeto return. Her mental edge had worn out by the end of 2004 but i think now shed be so fresh and full of desire her A game would take her to the second week at the slams no doubt about it. Her game was always good enough it was always "is jennifer fit enough? is jennifer MOTIVATED enough?"

the talent is still there...it never left.:wavey: thats all im saying....

englando08
Jul 4th, 2011, 07:35 PM
No.

BluSthil
Jul 4th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Very doubtfull !!! Wikipedia says Capriati is 35 (March 29, 1976). I suppose if she is healthy and conditions herself properly, plays several 'warmups' before hitting the 'big stage', she could compete at the 40 or 50 ranking position for a couple or 3 years. People like Kimiko Date Krumm are rare exceptions. If she just wants to play and earn a few bucks, ok...

Smitten
Jul 4th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Disgusting news. The worst thing anyone could ever tell another human being.

Chrissie-fan
Jul 4th, 2011, 08:05 PM
I want to believe it, but I can't. I know that it would make Jen happy to be able to compete again at the highest level, but she's been out too long. But it would be cool if she could play some exibitions with the likes of Hingis, Mauresmo, Dementieva, Kournikova, Davenport and such. It wouldn't give her the adrenaline rush of playing at a USO, but it's better than nothing and it's Jen doing what she was born to do: Playing tennis.

GoofyDuck
Jul 4th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Davenport said during Wimbledon she is not doing well at all.

She is depressed and feels that tennis is taken away from her due injury.
She described her life as getting herself through every day.. and there is still a mystery about why she was taken into hospital a while ago and Davenport suspects drug abuse.

I don't think she;ll ever return.

Chrissie-fan
Jul 4th, 2011, 08:19 PM

She described her life as getting herself through every day.. and there is still a mystery about why she was taken into hospital a while ago and Davenport suspects drug abuse.

:sad:

killerqueen
Jul 4th, 2011, 08:54 PM
I'm not totally convinced that a return to tennis would even be that great an idea for her. If she truly does feel that tennis has been taken away from her, it might be a horrible rude awakening for her if she returned to the tour at her age, and found herself limited in what she can physically do. I imagine the talent is still there, but at her age, it'd be difficult enough to be competitive with a healthy body, let alone with a body that's been ravaged with injury. She's obviously a mentally fragile individual - I just don't think it's necessarily the best of ideas.

Leelee.
Jul 4th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Yeah, Jen is really messed up as she and few players have said. Oh well, we'll always have the 2003 USO SF for lolz.

kiwifan
Jul 4th, 2011, 08:56 PM
She needs to move on for her own good.

Sombrerero loco
Jul 4th, 2011, 09:13 PM
i dont think she will come back...

King Halep
Jul 4th, 2011, 09:38 PM
No DONT DO IT

Just Do It
Jul 4th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Doubt it and even if she comes back I doubt she would be able to do anything ...

King Halep
Jul 4th, 2011, 09:59 PM
I have an idea. When Liezel runs out of partners, she can play doubles with her.

KarlyM*
Jul 4th, 2011, 10:08 PM
As much as I would love to see it, I seriously doubt she would be able to comeback full time without re-injuring herself. I think she would be better off retiring from tennis and moving on to some sort of career/job in an area she has an interest in (whether it's in tennis or not). Obviously, this is easier said than done and I hope she gets the support she needs to do so. :hug:

cn ireland
Jul 4th, 2011, 10:12 PM
I'd love to see it but I doubt it'll happen!

Serena_Williams_
Jul 4th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Serena-Capriati match for one last time pls!!!!!!!!!!!!

it-girl
Jul 4th, 2011, 10:33 PM
I highly doubt it.

Noctis
Jul 4th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Nope,but maybe it'll cure her.

SV_Fan
Jul 4th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Why hasn't she gotten a commentating job...?

Tripp
Jul 4th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Doubt it. It's not even comparable to Kimiko Date-Krumm's case. Jennifer has a power game, based on big groundstrokes. Kimiko, on the other side, uses her opponent's strenght and that's the reason she's able to compete with today's girl.

If Jennifer attempted a comeback at this stage, I'm afraid she'd only get injured again . Her game is way too agressive to stay healthy at this stage of her life.

See?? This is the reason we need a women's Senior Tour!!

Bonfire
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:01 AM
I would love for Jennifer to come back! Even if she wouldn't be able to do much on tour, I think she really needed closure with tennis but was unable due to injury. So if she is feeling healthy and is able to work out, it would be great to give one more try.

thrust
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:19 AM

If Davenport did say those things, she is a BITCH. True, or not, it is not her place to give out such information. For this, and other comments Lindsay has made lately, I am beginning to really dislike her. Again, if true, Jennifer is a sad and disturbed woman who needs compassion and privacy, not some big mouthed bitch spreading negative statements about her.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jul 5th, 2011, 03:29 AM
If Davenport did say those things, she is a BITCH. True, or not, it is not her place to give out such information. For this, and other comments Lindsay has made lately, I am beginning to really dislike her. Again, if true, Jennifer is a sad and disturbed woman who needs compassion and privacy, not some big mouthed bitch spreading negative statements about her.

Lindsay is only repeating comments that Jennifer has said herself publicly in magazine/newspaper interviews. This wasn't new information.

I certainly wish Jennifer the best, but it's also been 7 years since she last played on tour. Why hasn't she gotten involved in charity work or taken up coaching, etc? We all need a reason to get up in the morning and unless she hasn't said it herself, she basically hasn't worked a day since retiring and has all day to think about her injuries and post-tennis demons.

lang26
Jul 5th, 2011, 03:41 AM
love to see it happen but nah dont think it will player like her mary pierce, & Anastasia Myskina are up in they're age and have suffer from bad injures and maybe soon to be in the Hall of Fame Tennis Championships, It be nice through but doubt

BlueTrees
Jul 5th, 2011, 04:35 AM
I miss Jenn so much. :sad:

Jeff
Jul 5th, 2011, 06:37 AM
The Serena/Capriati rivalry is something I will always remember. I do hope everything works out for her. It would be cool if she could make a comeback in some way, perhaps joining World Team Tennis .

Navratil
Jul 5th, 2011, 06:51 AM
Well, a 35-year-old today is not like a 35-year-old 20 years ago. Times has changed, people get older and older and because of all the things people know these days about nutrtion, health, body, warming up etc etc 40-year-old can compete on the highest level! And look at the double-rankings: A lot of top players are almost Date's age :D

The most important thing in that age is to have the will and the fighting spirit to go all through this (again). Date was out for many years and that's why she was motivated again.

So is Capriati. I'd love to see her back on tour!

But the differnce to Date is that her game is very physical and when she was at her best she was extremly athletic. Hard to get that shape back...

Beat
Jul 5th, 2011, 07:48 AM
this kind of threads - about capriati, seles or pierce - pop up regularly. it's not gonna happen, and their fans should accept it.

However, Jennifers is only 34 she has plenty of time to comeback i she wanted to. She has to take sm inspiration from Kimiko Date who at 41 is plying quality tennis (if inconsistantly)

only 34? are you kidding? taking KDK as an example is a bad idea, because what she did and what she's doing is very, very special and certainly not the rule.

Beat
Jul 5th, 2011, 07:52 AM

:sad: but when did davenport say this? source?

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 5th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Well, a 35-year-old today is not like a 35-year-old 20 years ago. Times has changed, people get older and older and because of all the things people know these days about nutrtion, health, body, warming up etc etc 40-year-old can compete on the highest level! And look at the double-rankings: A lot of top players are almost Date's age :D

The most important thing in that age is to have the will and the fighting spirit to go all through this (again). Date was out for many years and that's why she was motivated again.

So is Capriati. I'd love to see her back on tour!

But the differnce to Date is that her game is very physical and when she was at her best she was extremly athletic. Hard to get that shape back...

In doubles playing up to and is past 40 is possible, always has been, but in singles even playing past 30 is getting quite rare. Infact there are only 8 players past the age of 30 in the top 100 singles rankings right now. Name one other active top singles player who is almost Kimiko Date-Krumm's age.

Zhao
Jul 5th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Jenn has said it herself on a TV show she is never going to come back... a TV show which she talked abt some ear illness

Maria rocks
Jul 5th, 2011, 08:59 AM

I don't either. So sad as she could have been one of the Greats. I hope she gets better soon.

SELVEN
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:03 PM
comeback plz Jennifer

tonybotz
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Do it Jenny! Show these losers what real tennis is - J-Cap has bigger balls than all the girls on tour put together.

tennisbum79
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:34 PM
I have been wondering that myself.
Capriati is restless in nature, too much free time has never been good for her.

She has often said how much she misses tennis, the players camaraderie and just being in the mix of things.
She needs to keep busy to lead a healthy lfe style
All her episodes of substance abuse or depression have been preceded by prolong free time.

Having that, the majority posters in this thread are unnecesarily too harsh on her amidst the rumor of possible return, as if they do not ever want to see again.:sad:

Queenpova
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:54 PM
didnt she try to off herself months ago? :(

*JR*
Jul 6th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Jenn has said it herself on a TV show she is never going to come back... a TV show which she talked abt some ear illness

Her mother is the one with the ear illness (tinnitus, meaning "ringing in the ears").

didnt she try to off herself months ago? :(

She was reportedly hospitalized for a possible drug ovadose, but there was no info that I recall suggesting it was a suicide attempt.

===========================================

FWIW, I think a senior tour would be good, perhaps with a minimum age of about 32. Whether any rules changes would be warranted for it is a question I haven't considered though.

Malkmus_
Jul 6th, 2011, 11:21 AM
:sad: but when did davenport say this? source?

She was commentating on one of those Legend's Doubles games (I think it was Navratilova/Novotna v Sukova/Temesvari) and she was talking about Capriati and others.

GAGAlady
Jul 6th, 2011, 11:43 PM
i never though jen enjoyed tennis commentating...shes not a great talker really. But she could be a good coach.

*JR*
Jul 7th, 2011, 12:08 AM
i never though jen enjoyed tennis commentating...shes not a great talker really. But she could be a good coach.

She's probably too temperamental to become a successful coach. If its your own kid (like Melanie Molitor - Martina II) you might pull that off, or might still mentally mess up the kid (like Damir did with Jelena I). When they're not related, players tend to leave coaches who blow up @ them, which I suspect Jen would if things went badly for awhile.

Berlin_Calling
Jul 7th, 2011, 12:41 AM

Like maybe you know it's because she is like you know the least like you know eloquent American tennis player you know like ever, you know?

Dav.
Jul 7th, 2011, 12:49 AM
It's not that she's too old, but that it seems she's not there mentally. She doesn't appear to be strong enough for a comeback at this level...

antonella
Jul 7th, 2011, 01:18 AM
Guess she needs more dime bag money.

Mrs. Peel
Jul 7th, 2011, 02:56 AM
She is done and never coming back. I met one of her massage therapists years ago and she alluded to her shoulder in a very dismal way. I could sense other things but she didn't offer that information. Caprioti is a mess, she doesn't have the metal aspect needed. We haven't seen her ANYWHERE. Couldn't she have a commenting gig now?

BlueTrees
Jul 7th, 2011, 03:28 AM
Does she even play tennis recreationally? :confused:

serenaforever
Jul 7th, 2011, 03:32 AM
Probably not. :sad:

Volcana
Jul 7th, 2011, 03:34 AM
No way. She might enter an Internationale for a lark, but JCap, in her slam-winning days, was a grinder. Run hard hit hard, risk-averse, make the match physically hard. a player in her thirties with game won't do well.

GAGAlady
Jul 7th, 2011, 05:46 AM
It's not that she's too old, but that it seems she's not there mentally. She doesn't appear to be strong enough for a comeback at this level...

Excuse me? How the hell do you think she managed the single greatest comeback in womens tennis history the FIRST time?!

By being a mental midget>??! ...Jennifer is a anything but a mental midget when it comes to hitting a tennis ball, this woman was born to play, its in her blood, if anything shed be killing herself on court if she had the chance to compete again/ you dont lose your fighting spirit...its always in you.

:wavey: Jen was always a fighter...

égalité
Jul 7th, 2011, 05:58 AM
She needs to move on for her own good.

This, this, and this.

Wallowing in the career that she feels was "ripped from her" is just going to make things worse. We're talking about how "old" she is in tennis years, but in reality she's only 35. She has her whole life ahead of her. She needs to find other things she enjoys doing and try to get fulfillment out of them. She's never going to get fulfillment out of tennis again and she needs to realize this and move on.

Pops Maellard
Jul 7th, 2011, 06:03 AM
She's not going to come back.

Dav.
Jul 7th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Excuse me? How the hell do you think she managed the single greatest comeback in womens tennis history the FIRST time?!

By being a mental midget>??! ...Jennifer is a anything but a mental midget when it comes to hitting a tennis ball, this woman was born to play, its in her blood, if anything shed be killing herself on court if she had the chance to compete again/ you dont lose your fighting spirit...its always in you.

:wavey: Jen was always a fighter...

I'm obviously not saying she's a mental midget, but that she's been having a difficult couple of years and that it would take being in the right state of mind before attempting a comeback. It wasn't an insult and a few of her fans goodrepped me...

Smitten
Jul 7th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Guess she needs more dime bag money.

Get her!

She needs to fund more partying trips to Croatia with Majoli. Poor thing she must be running out of money. Too bad she was so disliked and disgraceful that she can't actually live and have a second career of her fame, status, and legacy.

JCTennisFan
Jul 7th, 2011, 10:28 PM
without a shadow of a doubt she is more than good enough to stand up to today's game. Remember Capriati was really the Only player who could stand against Serena other than Venus during the Serena slam {their h2h is like 7-6 to Serena}. She had the strongest forehand on tour, top 3 on defensive skill, and was hitting 110s serve right near her career ending injury {she hit a 118 mph serve at US open 04}. If justine did Jenny could, if she is truely pain free.

jenny161185
Jul 7th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Get her!

She needs to fund more partying trips to Croatia with Majoli. Poor thing she must be running out of money. Too bad she was so disliked and disgraceful that she can't actually live and have a second career of her fame, status, and legacy.

Your such a loser Jennifer was loved and hugely popuar and she brought some personality to the tour a factor that is missing now. Anyway she achieved a tonne more than you ever will!:wavey:

DeliriousPotato
Jul 8th, 2011, 12:12 AM
I can't believe she thinks her career was ripped away... :sobbing:
Three Slams, an Olympic Gold and the Number One Spot is already a great career... :shrug:

Solitaire
Jul 8th, 2011, 12:20 AM
Get her!

YOU disliking her doesn't mean we all do.:rolleyes:

justineheninfan
Jul 8th, 2011, 12:40 AM
without a shadow of a doubt she is more than good enough to stand up to today's game. Remember Capriati was really the Only player who could stand against Serena other than Venus during the Serena slam {their h2h is like 7-6 to Serena}. She had the strongest forehand on tour, top 3 on defensive skill, and was hitting 110s serve right near her career ending injury {she hit a 118 mph serve at US open 04}. If justine did Jenny could, if she is truely pain free.

LOL at the bolded part.

1. Henin is much better than Capriati.
2. More importantly, Henin is MUCH younger than Capriati.
3. Henin's comeback was pretty much a flop anyway.

It doesnt matter how weak the womens tour might be. Capriati is 35 years old now. She has been out of the game for a long time. She would not be competitive now. Only someone like Navratilova or Graf if training all out could be competitive at that age.

PS- Capriati's record against Serena is not really reflective of her overall ability vs the top players. Probably she is just a bad matchup for Serena. Venus owns Capriati, Davenport owns her, young Henin owns peak Capriati, Mauresmo owns her, Graf and Seles owned her, Novotna owns her, Sabatini owns her. The only top players she did reasonably well against were Serena (still losing head to head), Pierce, Clijsters (3-3 head to head but lost the last 3 in a row), and Hingis (4-5 head to head).

Also a reminder that Serena lost to Henin THREE times during her streak of winning 5 of 6 slams, and Henin was the only one to beat her in a slam during that period. Venus and Capriati didnt beat her even once during those 2 years, and nobody else did more than once.

justineheninfan
Jul 8th, 2011, 01:05 AM
I guess it depends what her goals were. You wouldnt be seeing any slam titles or a top 10 ranking though. Date is happy peaking briefly as a top 50 player since in her prime she was never a slam finalist so doesnt have a legacy to live up to. And as others have said Date's game doesnt really that much on her own power and strength anyway.

*JR*
Jul 8th, 2011, 01:13 AM
I can't believe she thinks her career was ripped away... :sobbing:
Three Slams, an Olympic Gold and the Number One Spot is already a great career... :shrug:

Besides, she gave away almost the whole decade of the 90's, I don't see how one can call those years "ripped away". One might as well say that if (after winning 5 titles including a Tier II in '98) the Peppermint Patsy hadn't fallen under the control of the Rainers (one a nut, the other a conman who denied her a fulltime coach for her last 8 years on tour) she'd have had a much bigger career after 1998 than a Slam SF, plus one Tier I and five MM titles.

Besides the effect of age on (anyone's) ability to hit hard on the run for a whole match, Jen's service toss was erratic, so she'd have a combination in the same match of serves in the 110's with ones in the low 90's (from having to "chase" the ball on first serve too often). Whereas Serena was almost like a machine on that aspect of the game, with a first serve that was seldom much below 105 and rarely below 100.

BTW, the h2h was 10-7 Serena (including all 4 title matches they played, with 2 being in "5th Slam" Miami) and regarding the serve, its not just about speed (on which Venus was faster than both anyhow). But Serena could often serve right on the center line deep, which was virtually unreturnable. Posts that ovastate the extent to which Jen was able to make up for a mostly lost decade that wasn't because of lets say injury "do her no favors".

This thread is sadder than those which used to regularly appear on this board about both Monika and Mahree supposedly being on the cusp on comebacks. Even the Annaholics were more realistic on the subject of a comeback, when Ms. Famous for Being Famous had been gone far less time than Jen now has. :shrug:

GAGAlady
Jul 8th, 2011, 03:14 AM
LOL at the bolded part.

1. Henin is much better than Capriati.
2. More importantly, Henin is MUCH younger than Capriati.
3. Henin's comeback was pretty much a flop anyway.

It doesnt matter how weak the womens tour might be. Capriati is 35 years old now. She has been out of the game for a long time. She would not be competitive now. Only someone like Navratilova or Graf if training all out could be competitive at that age.

PS- Capriati's record against Serena is not really reflective of her overall ability vs the top players. Probably she is just a bad matchup for Serena. Venus owns Capriati, Davenport owns her, young Henin owns peak Capriati, Mauresmo owns her, Graf and Seles owned her, Novotna owns her, Sabatini owns her. The only top players she did reasonably well against were Serena (still losing head to head), Pierce, Clijsters (3-3 head to head but lost the last 3 in a row), and Hingis (4-5 head to head).

Also a reminder that Serena lost to Henin THREE times during her streak of winning 5 of 6 slams, and Henin was the only one to beat her in a slam during that period. Venus and Capriati didnt beat her even once during those 2 years, and nobody else did more than once.

dont make me laugh.

Justine milked her fucking career for all it was worth. Jennifer, had she had her shit together would have had double the slams your little cheater did. Sorry...but its true.

Jennifer wasted years upon years of possible time at the top of the heap due to her disinterest. If anything she showed in the end her tennis was enough to win 3 slams and she barely competed over the years in relation to other multiple slam champions.

And as far as your ridiculous claims of being owned...Jennifer was owned by Steffi graff and thats about it...she LOST alot of close matches...which she could have won had shots gone her way...hardly being owned...

at least she wasnt a cheating liar.:)

GAGAlady
Jul 8th, 2011, 03:18 AM
PS: lets not forget Jennifer was the one who was the future of womens tennis...not Justine Henin...

Its very sad and Jennifer knows it now (too late of course) that her legacy in tennis was much smaller and less impactfull than in reality she should have rivelled Monica Seles...instead we have to deal with morons who think Justine was more talented...she was hardworking and she used her bodybetter....more talented than Capriati? Thats debatable.

justineheninfan
Jul 8th, 2011, 03:42 AM
dont make me laugh.

Justine milked her fucking career for all it was worth. Jennifer, had she had her shit together would have had double the slams your little cheater did. Sorry...but its true.

And if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle. Henin is a 7 slam winner, Capriati is a 3 slam winner. Head to head is 5-2 Henin despite that most of their matches were when Henin was an up and comer and Capriati at her peak. Henin >>>>> Capriati. That isnt even an opinion, but a fact. If you choose to live in some retarded fantasy World like your username (although I doubt you are rich and famous like her) that is your perrogative. :lol:

Jennifer wasted years upon years of possible time at the top of the heap due to her disinterest. If anything she showed in the end her tennis was enough to win 3 slams and she barely competed over the years in relation to other multiple slam champions.

So wasting your talent, getting into cocaine and drugs, is something to be admired and makes you better. :lol:

And most of Capriati's good years she was only about the 7th best player anyway:

1991- 6th best player probably behind Graf, Seles, Sanchez, granny Navratilova, Sabatini
1992- 7th best player behind Graf, Seles, Sanchez, granny Navratilova, Sabatini, and Fernandez
1993- 9th best player behind Graf, Seles (despite only playing 4 months), Sanchez, granny Navratilova, Sabatini, Fernandez, Novotna, and Martinez
2001-2002 Australian Open- 2nd best player behind Venus
rest of 2002- 6th best player behind Serena, Venus, Mauresmo, Henin, Clijsters
2003- 7th best player behind Henin, Serena, Venus, Mauresmo, Clijsters, Davenport
2004- 10th best player behind Henin, Sharapova, Serena, Myskina, Kuznetsova, Dementieva, Mauresmo, and Davenport, and Venus

And as far as your ridiculous claims of being owned...Jennifer was owned by Steffi graff and thats about
it...she LOST alot of close matches...which she could have won had shots gone her way...hardly being owned...

Losing to people much more than winning = owned.

And who is more talented is irrelevant. Safin is more talented than Federer, he is still 20% as great.

And give me a f-ing break at comparing Capriati to Seles. Seles won 8 slams as a teenager, and was well on her way to winning much more than that and possibly becoming the GOAT before she was stabbed. Capriati well into her teenage years was being destroyed by Graf, had not reached a slam final, and had not spent a single week in the top 5. The only area where Capriati ever rivaled Seles was hype, certainly not shotmaking, will to win, or ability. Do you think Gunther Parche ever considered stabbing Capriati to clear Graf's path, ROTFL

JCTennisFan
Jul 8th, 2011, 04:12 AM
And if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle. Henin is a 7 slam winner, Capriati is a 3 slam winner. Head to head is 5-2 Henin despite that most of their matches were when Henin was an up and comer and Capriati at her peak. Henin >>>>> Capriati. That isnt even an opinion, but a fact. If you choose to live in some retarded fantasy World like your username (although I doubt you are rich and famous like her) that is your perrogative. :lol:

So wasting your talent, getting into cocaine and drugs, is something to be admired and makes you better. :lol:

And most of Capriati's good years she was only about the 7th best player anyway:

1991- 6th best player probably behind Graf, Seles, Sanchez, granny Navratilova, Sabatini
1992- 7th best player behind Graf, Seles, Sanchez, granny Navratilova, Sabatini, and Fernandez
1993- 9th best player behind Graf, Seles (despite only playing 4 months), Sanchez, granny Navratilova, Sabatini, Fernandez, Novotna, and Martinez
2003- 7th best player behind Henin, Serena, Venus, Mauresmo, Clijsters, Davenport
2004- 10th best player behind Henin, Sharapova, Serena, Myskina, Kuznetsova, Dementieva, Mauresmo, and Davenport, and Venus

And who is more talented is irrelevant. Safin is more talented than Federer, he is still 20% as great.

And give me a f-ing break at comparing Capriati to Seles. Seles won 8 slams as a teenager, and was well on her way to winning much more than that and possibly becoming the GOAT before she was stabbed. Capriati well into her teenage years was being destroyed by Graf, had not reached a slam final, and had not spent a single week in the top 5. The only area where Capriati ever rivaled Seles was hype, certainly not shotmaking, will to win, or ability. Do you think Gunther Parche ever considered stabbing Capriati to clear Graf's path, ROTFL

Your hilarious to me, honestly you must hate Jennifer alot to say things you say of her. I dont care what Anyone says, I have never EVER seen a match that required someone to have IV FLUIDS after the match except when Justine got roughed up by Capriati. It simply astounds me to think that she lost that match, it just shows fate pays a role in matches, and her fate was to never win the US Open.

Simply put Jennifer was one of the most Unlucky players I have ever witnessed, she came up against many greats at their PEAKS and STILL managed to nearly win on several occasions. Her career is one of the most fascinating yet sad ive ever seen. Regardless what anyone thinks she was so insanely naturally talented, and one could argue she herself was her worst and toughest enemy, not her actual opponent. Peak Cap was essentially a Clijsters on steroids, their games are so similar to me.

In my opinion Sharapova is to Vaidisova what Peak Cap is to Cljisters.... a stronger version of almost the same player. She simply did nothing wrong when in peak form, even miss Hingis, who is known to be pretty spot on with alot of her analysis, said she thought Cap was the most complete player she had played when Jen was in form.

JCTennisFan
Jul 8th, 2011, 04:39 AM
Besides the effect of age on (anyone's) ability to hit hard on the run for a whole match, Jen's service toss was erratic, so she'd have a combination in the same match of serves in the 110's with ones in the low 90's (from having to "chase" the ball on first serve too often). Whereas Serena was almost like a machine on that aspect of the game, with a first serve that was seldom much below 105 and rarely below 100.

BTW, the h2h was 10-7 Serena (including all 4 title matches they played, with 2 being in "5th Slam" Miami) and regarding the serve, its not just about speed (on which Venus was faster than both anyhow). But Serena could often serve right on the center line deep, which was virtually unreturnable. Posts that ovastate the extent to which Jen was able to make up for a mostly lost decade that wasn't because of lets say injury "do her no favors".

This part of the post was very spot on to me. Some things that should be considered though are that Cap, even when in peak years, played a schedule more akin to the WS than say a Woz. This SAVES the player from unneeded wear and tear, essentially putting less "miles" on the players bodies. Factor in the fact that she didnt hardly play for a good chunk of the 90s, and you could potentially have a player whose body was more in line with someone say 28-30 than 35. This is assuming her injuries have fully recovered, which sadly I dont think is the case.

For shits and giggles though, if she HAD recovered from those injuries she could very well improve upon her really only weakness, her serve. Players almost always get progressively better, not worse, at serving with age. Cap proved this applied to her seeing as how her serve did indeed get faster with time. She just would need to try to work on her placement more to make her opponents have to guess and to throw them out of rhythm for the ROS.

Her forehand was KILLER when at her peak, a shot she tended to hit best when on the run, something unique to Cap, imo. Her backhand was a shot that relied on her confidence. If she wasnt feeling her game she would often catch it late on her back foot, but when confident she would drive through it very well. Her movement was the most deceptively good ive ever seen out of a player, and that is something you simply dont ever forget how to do. She may be a step slower but she would still be faster than half the tour, and would still be extremely deadly on the run. And finally, Cap had a way of intimidating her opponents that ive only really seen Hingis, Sharapova, and the WS do as well. That alone would help her tremendously.

GAGAlady
Jul 8th, 2011, 05:54 AM
Your hilarious to me, honestly you must hate Jennifer alot to say things you say of her. I dont care what Anyone says, I have never EVER seen a match that required someone to have IV FLUIDS after the match except when Justine got roughed up by Capriati. It simply astounds me to think that she lost that match, it just shows fate pays a role in matches, and her fate was to never win the US Open.

Simply put Jennifer was one of the most Unlucky players I have ever witnessed, she came up against many greats at their PEAKS and STILL managed to nearly win on several occasions. Her career is one of the most fascinating yet sad ive ever seen. Regardless what anyone thinks she was so insanely naturally talented, and one could argue she herself was her worst and toughest enemy, not her actual opponent. Peak Cap was essentially a Clijsters on steroids, their games are so similar to me.

In my opinion Sharapova is to Vaidisova what Peak Cap is to Cljisters.... a stronger version of almost the same player. She simply did nothing wrong when in peak form, even miss Hingis, who is known to be pretty spot on with alot of her analysis, said she thought Cap was the most complete player she had played when Jen was in form.

i completely agree. Jen and Kim are very similar styles and apart from a few minr differences (mainly id give the edge to Kim on the backhand side and Jen on herforhand) they were essentally similar is many rgards.

i think its disgusting how Jen is regarded by some people here...like shes some spoiled criminal who cheated her way to winning...when in fact Jen did all she could to bring womens tennis to the level it is today...she was so captivating.

GAGAlady
Jul 8th, 2011, 06:03 AM

Your observations are ridiculous, we are talking about a 3 time grand slam champion.. in my opinion thats fact alone makes you better than just fucking 7th place sweety. get a grip.

A drug addict? please, get your story's straight...who in the hell gets to world #1 in ANY sports being addicted to Cocaine? Please give me a reference because im confused here:o...and unlike Henin Jennifer Capriati was never suspected of using performance inhancing subastences...maybe we should really be discussing Justines muscle mass and if thatsdue to steroids or pushups? cause i know id like to know!!!!:help::rolleyes:

As far as your idiotic remark conserning Jennifers "pooor shotmaking" why dont u watch her blast winners Past Monica Seles in Miami is 2002 and then tell me how badly Jens shotmaking is...pathetic.:lick::worship:

BTW she beat monica that night....lol so much for THAT argument!

GAGAlady
Jul 8th, 2011, 06:08 AM
And FYI i love Monica...i love serena and I RESPECT (but i dont " love" justine) but i certainly take issue with some posters making ridiculous claims about a player who was known for her aggresive shotmaking..Jennifer was a power hitter. she was not some hacker...she was never a pusher she blasted the ball...she was not overly big on angles or painting lines like Seles...but she hit just as hard...

spencercarlos
Jul 8th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Your observations are ridiculous, we are talking about a 3 time grand slam champion.. in my opinion thats fact alone makes you better than just fucking 7th place sweety. get a grip.

A drug addict? please, get your story's straight...who in the hell gets to world #1 in ANY sports being addicted to Cocaine? Please give me a reference because im confused here:o...and unlike Henin Jennifer Capriati was never suspected of using performance inhancing subastences...maybe we should really be discussing Justines muscle mass and if thatsdue to steroids or pushups? cause i know id like to know!!!!:help::rolleyes:

As far as your idiotic remark conserning Jennifers "pooor shotmaking" why dont u watch her blast winners Past Monica Seles in Miami is 2002 and then tell me how badly Jens shotmaking is...pathetic.:lick::worship:

Don´t lose your time with JHF, he talks no sense hatred stuff.

Nothing smart about his posts (Safin more talented than Federer :facepalm: :lol: ), so don´t lose your time.

Capriati was a great player as a teenager, even close to her first retirement in 1993, she was taking Graf to three sets for instance.

Smitten
Jul 8th, 2011, 10:20 AM
I simply cannot with these hyperbolic, overrated descriptions of Capriati's game. :lol:
All of a sudden people want to run in here and act like Capriati had the FH and speed of Graf, the BH of Seles, and Serena's serve with unrivaled and unparalleled court coverage.

Capriati would get trashed if she came back at 35 even if she got her injuries 100% sorted out. She was already declining as a player in 2003 and 2004 before that injury took her out of the game. Jennifer was very beatable then and the majority of the top players already had her number.

Quit kidding yourself and just give it up like Jennifer needs to do.

JCTennisFan
Jul 8th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Simply put she DID have a huge forehand, she did have alot of power, she did move exceptionally. Her BH was completely a confidence shot.... when confident she hit it very well. She really had no weakness and was awesome to watch play.... whats so wrong with saying that, it is afterall the truth.

Her FH was arguably the best FH during her GS run, and no it wasnt as good as Grafs.... hers is the strongest FH ever. Her movement was imo stronger than Grafs, CAP was more scrappy with her movement. Her BH was the only shot she often hit too defensively, but it was entirely confidence related... not skill related. On paper she was one heck of a complete player... something very few other Champions can say.

debby
Jul 8th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Justineheninfan is spot on : JenCap is overrated here, you act like she is one of the greatests ever and that she got unlucky. Well, she took drugs, I don't think it is similar to an injury, so yeah she got unlucky during her career but she made choices soooo..
And we have no proof if Henin took drugs or not, geez, my mum didn't even take drugs when she started to do sports (to muscle her legs actually), she got strong muscles in... 15 days. I am not lying, she looks a bit tiny but she can build a muscular body fast. Maybe that's the case for Henin too.

and Henin >>>>>>>> Capriati, GAGAlady is so deluded, first Henin didn't cheat for a whole slam, puhlease, anyway if she cheated, well JenCap cheated as well (that horrendous match against Serena in 2004) but of course, she didn't manage to win that slam so it doesn't matter. :rolleyes: DOUBLE STANDARDS YUP.

But yeah, JenCap played really well, but she will most likely get trashed if she ever comes back. She is not THAT gifted, I mean, she played really well but like Serenidad Smitten said, she was kinda beatable.
It is a shame her peak didn't last, because JC at her peak was enjoyable to watch, she could have won more Slams if that lasted and if she didn't make bad and wrong choices.

JCTennisFan
Jul 8th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Justineheninfan is spot on : JenCap is overrated here, you act like she is one of the greatests ever and that she got unlucky. Well, she took drugs, I don't think it is similar to an injury, so yeah she got unlucky during her career but she made choices soooo..
And we have no proof if Henin took drugs or not, geez, my mum didn't even take drugs when she started to do sports (to muscle her legs actually), she got strong muscles in... 15 days. I am not lying, she looks a bit tiny but she can build a muscular body fast. Maybe that's the case for Henin too.

and Henin >>>>>>>> Capriati, GAGAlady is so deluded, first Henin didn't cheat for a whole slam, puhlease, anyway if she cheated, well JenCap cheated as well (that horrendous match against Serena in 2004) but of course, she didn't manage to win that slam so it doesn't matter. :rolleyes: DOUBLE STANDARDS YUP.

But yeah, JenCap played really well, but she will most likely get trashed if she ever comes back. She is not THAT gifted, I mean, she played really well but like Serenidad Smitten said, she was kinda beatable.
It is a shame her peak didn't last, because JC at her peak was enjoyable to watch, she could have won more Slams if that lasted and if she didn't make bad and wrong choices.

KEEP in mind my posts are all assuming she is now pain free, which sadly I doubt.

Well written, I just cant agree that she would get thrashed though. Top 10, thats hard to imagine, but trashed I doubt. She had too many potential weapons. If you are a slower power hitter, she could still outdefend you. If you are a Woz type player, she could still hit through you. If you were mentally frail, she could still intimidate. If your FH was weak, she could overpower you on that wing. There are still lots of tricks in her purse potentially.

vixter
Jul 8th, 2011, 08:08 PM

What do you mean Jennifer 'took drugs'? Smoking some pot during your teenage years is not really taking drugs, right? Maybe Jennifer has had problems with substances after injury ended her career (we don't know, right) so noone should say Jennifer took drugs during her time as tennis player.

vixter
Jul 8th, 2011, 08:13 PM
I simply cannot with these hyperbolic, overrated descriptions of Capriati's game. :lol:
All of a sudden people want to run in here and act like Capriati had the FH and speed of Graf, the BH of Seles, and Serena's serve with unrivaled and unparalleled court coverage.

Capriati would get trashed if she came back at 35 even if she got her injuries 100% sorted out. She was already declining as a player in 2003 and 2004 before that injury took her out of the game. Jennifer was very beatable then and the majority of the top players already had her number.

Quit kidding yourself and just give it up like Jennifer needs to do.

This is very true. Jennifer was at her best during 2001. I remember clearly already at the second half of 2002, it was like Jennifer started to doubt herself because she became much more passive, especially her forehand wasn't the same weapon anymore. She always cranked it up for the Us Open, where she excelled also later in her career. It would have been nice for her had she won one.

LightWarrior
Jul 8th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Justineheninfan is spot on : JenCap is overrated here, you act like she is one of the greatests ever and that she got unlucky. Well, she took drugs, I don't think it is similar to an injury, so yeah she got unlucky durin;)

She smoked pot. Who hasn't ? And about drugs I would take a low profile about Hénin, if you know what I mean. ;)

JCTennisFan
Jul 8th, 2011, 08:26 PM
This is very true. Jennifer was at her best during 2001. I remember clearly already at the second half of 2002, it was like Jennifer started to doubt herself because she became much more passive, especially her forehand wasn't the same weapon anymore. She always cranked it up for the Us Open, where she excelled also later in her career. It would have been nice for her had she won one.

2001 was her best year in my opinion largely because of her fitness. She was at her best physically during 01 and the first half of 02. In 2000 she gained a huge amount of confidence when she played on the davis cup team that year, she started to believe in herself as a player again. She got motivated, got fit, and was hungry to win. The result was her 2001 season.

But Jenny has always had a habit of getting bored/complacent and she let her fitness slip in the 2nd half of 2002 through 2004. This was largely, imo, what put her into a worse position. By being less fit she was less often in postion for her shots, and more often had to improvise her shots, making it seem as though she had become a defensive player, when in reality she was just having more difficulty moving properly like she had in 01/02.

As a side note, does anyone here honestly believe that the Jenny of 03 US open couldnt stomp all of todays game? I know she couldnt produce that level today, atleast not for a whole match, but someone that can play at THAT HIGH of a level is simply good enough to make an impact today, if fully healthy.

sweetpeas
Jul 8th, 2011, 08:27 PM
She can start TEAM TENNIS and work her shoulder in place.Never say never.I wish Jenn the best life has to offer.Her father did a job on her.

vixter
Jul 8th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Thanks JCTennisFan, this explains much and I really agree about Jen lvl of USO 2003 was ridiculously high.

Chrissie-fan
Jul 8th, 2011, 08:35 PM
She smoked pot. Who hasn't ? And about drugs I would take a low profile about Hénin, if you know what I mean. ;)
Without accusing anyone in particular, I'm suspicious of EVERYONE when it comes to performance enhancing drugs, but innocent until proven guilty, and I don't suspect Henin any more than any other player.

Capriati smoking pot is irrelevant, I agree. Only holier than thou types care about pot.

JCTennisFan
Jul 8th, 2011, 08:43 PM
She can start TEAM TENNIS and work her shoulder in place.Never say never.I wish Jenn the best life has to offer.Her father did a job on her.

Pretty much dead on statement. I think alot of people dont take all the mental pressure of being a tennis player at 14 into account, especially when your dad was as seemingly rabid as hers. One could argue that he was the reason she missed out on the best years of her tennis career because he pushed her too hard too early.

She had such natural talent that he did not allow her game to properly mature before he started pushing her into GS events. Even then she was managing to beat the likes of Nav at W and Graf at the Olympics, but apparantly getting to the SFs of slams consistently wasnt enough for Daddy. The pressure had to be undeniable, expecting her to make the jump from GS SFS to beating the likes of graf and seles consistently in GS when Caps game was far from being complete. That equation ultimately ended in Mental collapse from Capriati. Only when she was in her mid 20s! did she truely realize her true potential... long after her window of dominance had closed.

Had Capriati been in proper form in 97-98 when Hingis, a player that admits to having difficulties playing against Capriati, was dominating the tour, she could of potentially added considerably to her slam numbers. Instead, we ended up seeing Capriati realizing her true potential right when the NEXT crop of players started to hit their stride. In all fairness Caps true compitition should of been the likes of Davy, Pierce, Hingis, Novotna, Majoli, etc. It shouldnt of been the WS. That was technically the next generation. Caps gen should of been after Seles/Graf but before Venus/Serena.

debby
Jul 8th, 2011, 08:47 PM
What do you mean Jennifer 'took drugs'? Smoking some pot during your teenage years is not really taking drugs, right? Maybe Jennifer has had problems with substances after injury ended her career (we don't know, right) so noone should say Jennifer took drugs during her time as tennis player.

Pot is actually a drug. My brother had a friend who has been killed in a car accident because the guy who hit him was driving like mad... he smoked a lot of pot and didn't drink. So yeah, it is a drug. I smoke it as well.
Anyway, that's just I wanted to say about pot.

About Jen, I remember that she always had a thing with drugs (I read on several sites that it explained her downfall before her "second career" because she was depressed and stuff). She went back to drugs after her second career (her OD last year) if I am not wrong.

But please, let's me correct me if I am wrong, then I will apologize. ;)

@Nothingsfails : you are so annoying with Henin. Like I said, do you have proofs Henin never took drugs ? Do you have proofs your faves (the WS) never took drugs ? I never said Capriati used enhancing skills drugs, but a random Henin hater brings the Henin case (which is wrong since it is not a fact but what he thinks) that has nothing to do with Jennifer.

@JCTennisFan : Trashed in the sense of she would be criticized by people, I mean, she has a legacy to defend. She is a Slam winner, everyone reminds her epic matchs... what if she returns but loses 6-0 6-0 to Wozniacki ? (just an example) Even Serena, being fit, struggled to beat some players not necessarily in top 10 if you see what I mean. I am a Henin fan, she came back, she got trashed for it lol, heck even of her so called fans said she should not have come back because she tarnished her legacy. IMO it is ridiculous, I would not trash JenCap, but medias and tennis fans likely might.
I have been a bit too harsh to JC on my last post, I would add that she had a great game, but she was overshadowed by the WS then the Belgians except when she won her 3 Slams. Davenport was much more regular, has won more titles, was #1 longer, that makes the difference between both of them.
If she comes back, she might surprise people (as she played way better than brainless ballbashers nowadays), but I highly doubt that with her actual fitness she could be a top 10. She got a lot of injuries when you were allowed to skip mandatories tournaments, no?

JCTennisFan
Jul 8th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Pot is actually a drug. My brother had a friend who has been killed in a car accident because the guy who hit him was driving like mad... he smoked a lot of pot and didn't drink. So yeah, it is a drug. I smoke it as well.

About Jen, I remember that she always had a thing with drugs (I read on several sites that it explained her downfall before her "second career" because she was depressed and stuff). She went back to drugs after her second career (her OD last year) if I am not wrong.

@Nothingsfails : you are so annoying with Henin. Like I said, do you have proofs Henin never took drugs ? Do you have proofs your faves (the WS) never took drugs ? I never said Capriati used enhancing skills drugs, but a random Henin hater brings the Henin case (which is wrong since it is not a fact but what he thinks) that has nothing to do with Jennifer.

@JCTennisFan : Trashed in the sense of she would be criticized by people, I mean, she has a legacy to defend. She is a Slam winner, everyone reminds her epic matchs... what if she returns but loses 6-0 6-0 to Wozniacki ? (just an example) Even Serena, being fit, struggled to beat some players not necessarily in top 10 if you see what I mean. I am a Henin fan, she came back, she got trashed for it lol, heck even of her so called fans said she should not have come back because she tarnished her legacy. IMO it is ridiculous, I would not trash JenCap, but medias and tennis fans likely might.
I have been a bit too harsh to JC on my last post, I would add that she had a great game, but she was overshadowed by the WS then the Belgians except when she won her 3 Slams. Davenport was much more regular, has won more titles, was #1 longer, that makes the difference between both of them.
If she comes back, she might surprise people (as she played way better than brainless ballbashers nowadays), but I highly doubt that with her actual fitness she could be a top 10. She got a lot of injuries when you were allowed to skip mandatories tournaments, no?

Very well written, but like I said in my last post, Jenn was arguably not supposed to be against the WS when in her prime. Davenport won her slams in 98,99,and 00. Those were years that Jenny did nothing, excluding her SF loss to Davenport at the Aussie in 00, which at the time was deemed largely a fluke. It was that time span, 97-00 roughly, that Jenny should of been contending for slams, alongside davy hingis and the like. Since she was a mental headcase during this period, she missed out on that critical stage where she could of become an even more accomplished player and instead hit her stride the exact years of the WS ascent to power.... 01 and 02. She was so often in the wrong place, wrong time.

But back to her potential in todays game... Justine is a much physically weaker person than jenny ever was. Her body simply could only withstand the tour during PEAK years health wise.. in other words her early to mid 20s. Once she got past that point her body was simply too small to withstand the rigors of the tour, thus why her return wasnt as good as it should of been. But she even then made a freakin slam F... It wasnt like it was a total bomb of a comeback or something.... Cap on the other hand has always had a body that could withstand the punishment of the tour.

you'd be suprised what 7 years could to for chronic illness.... Hingis afterall talked about her ankles in 02-03 as though they were shot for the rest of her life.... only to come back and play herself into the lower part of the top 10, and her game wasnt held back in her comeback because of her ankles, I can tell you that much right now. From the little of heard of Capriati she appears to still be EXTREMELY hungry to atleast get herself some closure when it comes to tennis.. and that is alot of motivation to atleast try. But at the end of the day, I sadly dont see it happening. But I can always wish, right?

Chrissie-fan
Jul 8th, 2011, 09:31 PM

People are not perfect, and in Jenny's case the fact that she had 'issues' to overcome only make her achievements all the more admirable to me. Those recent, rather worrying reports make me a bit sad. I've always supported Jen through all the many ups and downs of her career. I continue to root for her now that her career is over, and I hope that in her life away from tennis she'll also be victorious in overcoming those inner demons. I just hope that she'll find something (or someone) that'll make her happy.

vixter
Jul 8th, 2011, 09:37 PM

Well sure I smoke too, yes it's a drug. Well no need for apologies and I don't know if you're wrong because I'm arguing that we really don't know. Unless someone here is friends with her. But yeah if she really was at hospital for OD I guess it's a qualified guess...

I am sure Jennifer's parents did the best they could with raising Jennifer but it just feels like she never was given the true self esteem, the feeling of being loved and worthy no matter your "performances" in life.

Viktymise
Jul 8th, 2011, 09:50 PM
With all due respect, she needs to just move on.

Yes, she was unlucky. She had an awful injury that ended her career. But that's life. She could still be involved with tennis in some form or another.

She made a ton of money from tennis, not to mention to glory and notoriety. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, and get some perspective.

LightWarrior
Jul 8th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Without accusing anyone in particular, I'm suspicious of EVERYONE when it comes to performance enhancing drugs, but innocent until proven guilty, and I don't suspect Henin any more than any other player.

I'm also suspicous of everyone but I will always remember that surreal 2003 USO semi final match between JCap and Henin. Looking back I feel that it was beyond human. And I still wonder how Henin managed to be on court the next day and WON the final. We will never know though.

SV_Fan
Jul 8th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Okay so I watched some Jennifer matches on yt....

- USO SF 1991
- Miami SF 1991
- USO SF 2004
- USO SF 2003
- AUS F 2002

A few others, can someone please provide and in depth analysis of the Capriati game... because though I am neutral to her my oberservations were:

- A counter-puncher, not necessarily a defender, but more so a Jankovic, Clijsters, Zvonareva hybrid. Almost every match I watched she was the player on the defensive. I see the big forehand but not much else. I don't see this HUGE power player that some people are making her out to be. But then again, I could be wrong. This is just what I observe.

JCTennisFan
Jul 8th, 2011, 10:42 PM
When your whole life revolved around a certain sport it is quite hard to get over, no matter how much sense you try to make out of things. She lived to play tennis, and when she no longer could she felt like her life had been taken away from her. I can understand that... she wanted to finish it on her own terms, which she was not allowed. But I believe these things have happened to her so she can realize that not everything is in your control. No matter how hard you may want to do something, or no matter how hard you want a situation to turn out a certain way, life throws problems at you which you could never prepare for. Thats part of the uncertainty of life.

Helen Lawson
Jul 8th, 2011, 10:44 PM
I read in a local paper recently ( too lazy to find the link ) that she's coming out with a rap album about her tennis career as a way to leave it behind. Apparently it was "cathartic.". It's "adult content" but I can remember some of the rap tunes:

Little Red Ferrari
Bad Ball Toss, So What?
I Can See Clearly Now
Who Needs a Fu@king Wimbledon Title Anyway
As Long As I Have More Titles Than Toes

It ends with a duet with Iva, "I Just Lost, Let's Party" in honor of her QF loss to
Mauresmo at the US Open.

JCTennisFan
Jul 8th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Okay so I watched some Jennifer matches on yt....

- USO SF 1991
- Miami SF 1991
- USO SF 2004
- USO SF 2003
- AUS F 2002

A few others, can someone please provide and in depth analysis of the Capriati game... because though I am neutral to her my oberservations were:

- A counter-puncher, not necessarily a defender, but more so a Jankovic, Clijsters, Zvonareva hybrid. Almost every match I watched she was the player on the defensive. I see the big forehand but not much else. I don't see this HUGE power player that some people are making her out to be. But then again, I could be wrong. This is just what I observe.

Did you honestly watch the US open SF from 2003? Watch the first set and most of the 2nd set.... Cap was MANDHANDLING Henin in a way that was quite amazing to watch, just outhitting the heck out of her. I honestly feel like Henin's 2004 virus is potentially linked to that match... She absolutely trashed Henin's body. And then Cljisters, who is basically Jennifer gamestyle wise, couldnt even finish Henin off after she had needed IV fluids for DEHYDRATION the night before. It was undeniable that the level Jenny and Henin put on in that SF was the best of the year... arguably of the entire decade.

Other notables are the 2001 SF against Defending Champion Davenport, which she rolled in straight sets. The F of the AO 2001 is also a good show of how Jenny can manhandle the top players when she wanted to. Then you have W 2001 which she stomped Serena (the slam Serena would later dominate). There are several matches that display Capriati's ability to outhit even the best girls... you just gotta know which matches to watch.

SV_Fan
Jul 8th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Did you honestly watch the US open SF from 2003? Watch the first set and most of the 2nd set.... Cap was MANDHANDLING Henin in a way that was quite amazing to watch, just outhitting the heck out of her. I honestly feel like Henin's 2004 virus is potentially linked to that match... She absolutely trashed Henin's body. And then Cljisters, who is basically Jennifer gamestyle wise, couldnt even finish Henin off after she had needed IV fluids for DEHYDRATION the night before. It was undeniable that the level Jenny and Henin put on in that SF was the best of the year... arguably of the entire decade.

Other notables are the 2001 SF against Defending Champion Davenport, which she rolled in straight sets. The F of the AO 2001 is also a good show of how Jenny can manhandle the top players when she wanted to. Then you have W 2001 which she stomped Serena (the slam Serena would later dominate). There are several matches that display Capriati's ability to outhit even the best girls... you just gotta know which matches to watch.

Yes I saw the USO SF, and I saw her running every ball Henin hit. Henin couldn't get anything past her. The commentators themselves said "she is everywhere tonight." I always here praise about her defensive skills...not offensive

*JR*
Jul 8th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Did you honestly watch the US open SF from 2003? Watch the first set and most of the 2nd set.... Cap was MANDHANDLING Henin in a way that was quite amazing to watch, just outhitting the heck out of her...

But she lost, despite having MP on serve twice, and having "the winning run in the on-deck circle" (being 2 points away from winning the match) 11 times. And that's with the crowd solidly behind her. :shrug:

Jen served for the match in both the 2nd and 3rd sets, but couldn't close it out, which goes right back to the erratic toss I mentioned earlier ITT. And FWIW, if Serena hadn't missed the '02 AO due to the ankle injury suffered in Sydney, she probably would have won that Oz too.

http://2010.usopen.org/en_US/about/history/years.html#2003

JCTennisFan
Jul 8th, 2011, 11:40 PM
The point was to show that she could hit just as hard as the other girls, not whether or not she closed a match out. Fate was not on her side that match, that is the only thing that it comes down to. Even the players themselves will admit that luck plays a part in matches.... and Jenny's luck was not there when she needed it. Henin played, imo, her best match in her entire Career against Jenny. This is the same Henin who just a few months prior took out the supposed queen Serena at the FO.... And I can tell you that match wasnt as close at the US open match between Henin and Cap.

Kim is able to "get everything back" like Jenny was, but do people consider her a defensive player or an offensive baseliner? Just because one can move well and get alot of balls back does not A. make them a weak hitter and B.make them only a defensive player. Kim and Jen simply had all-court all-round gamestyles. They could play offensive or defensive very well, and could change between the two better than anyone else, imo.

JCTennisFan
Jul 9th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Yes I saw the USO SF, and I saw her running every ball Henin hit. Henin couldn't get anything past her. The commentators themselves said "she is everywhere tonight." I always here praise about her defensive skills...not offensive

And again, this goes back to confidence and fitness. Look at Cap in 2001, early 2001. Her body was a good 20 pounds lighter than it was in 03/04. She slowly got progressively more out of shape as time went on. In 2001/2002 Jennifer was a good deal more aggressive on the baseline vrs 03/04. The reason being because she was often being forced to chase shots down that in 01/02 werent bothering her. This made it appear as though she was becoming a defensive player, when in reality she was just getting more out of shape.

PS: My pic of jenny is from her 2001 AO win. The body she had in that picture was NOT the body she had in 03/04.

PLP
Jul 9th, 2011, 12:24 AM
And again, this goes back to confidence and fitness. Look at Cap in 2001, early 2001. Her body was a good 20 pounds lighter than it was in 03/04. She slowly got progressively more out of shape as time went on. In 2001/2002 Jennifer was a good deal more aggressive on the baseline vrs 03/04. The reason being because she was often being forced to chase shots down that in 01/02 werent bothering her. This made it appear as though she was becoming a defensive player, when in reality she was just getting more out of shape.

Good points.

I love Jen, I wonder if she does Yoga? I think it could help her get over things and move on, plus it's such a great way to rehabilitate the body when you have been dealing with chronic injuries.

I greatly doubt this comeback rumor. If she was in any sort of Tennis shape I imagine she would be playing exho's, WTT, etc.,

Helen Lawson
Jul 9th, 2011, 02:24 AM
I saw her play an exo in November of 2001, she looked totally out of shape, huge gut hanging out flopping around, though I think girlfriend liked wearing clothes a size too small to look sexy which really didn't have the desired effect. I was actually kind of shocked she won another major two months later.

GAGAlady
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:53 PM
I saw her play an exo in November of 2001, she looked totally out of shape, huge gut hanging out flopping around, though I think girlfriend liked wearing clothes a size too small to look sexy which really didn't have the desired effect. I was actually kind of shocked she won another major two months later.

Darling, she was big boned and had natural size...big difference here between beinbg fat and having muscle.

Jennifer was never Marion Bartoli...she was always fit and strong with lots of meat on her bones...not really a stick figure but not a walrus either. Jesus.

;)

GAGAlady
Jul 9th, 2011, 03:56 PM

Jennifer did hit the ball hard. She just didnt take risks like Serena or Venus did. She was never a low percentage player...she would rather out hi u down the centerof the court...which is dumb really but ya she was fast and was known for her defence but her offence was amazing too...

Ask Lindsay Davenport who she looked up too? It was Jennifer...and thats who she admired game wise.;)

Slutiana
Jul 9th, 2011, 04:02 PM
With all due respect, she needs to just move on.

Yes, she was unlucky. She had an awful injury that ended her career. But that's life. She could still be involved with tennis in some form or another.

She made a ton of money from tennis, not to mention to glory and notoriety. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, and get some perspective.
This, this and this.

Bonfire
Jul 9th, 2011, 04:42 PM
At Capriati's peak... she would put on a fantastic display of how to play the game with controlled aggression. I remember thinking watching her in the AO 01 final how she was hitting the ball hard like the WS but keeping it in and under control like Hingis. I thought "if Jen could play every match like this, she would never lose again" :) She was able to produce this level again in several big matches in that 01-03 era, but obviously not all the time. And something that I think goes unnoticed about Jen in general was her variety of shots. I was brushing up on the 03 USO semi on youtube last night and Jen would just slip right into that backhand slice, then a little topspin shot, followed by a flat crushing forehand winner. She was just a natural at tennis. Just my Jen thoughts for the day;)

GAGAlady
Jul 9th, 2011, 04:49 PM
At Capriati's peak... she would put on a fantastic display of how to play the game with controlled aggression. I remember thinking watching her in the AO 01 final how she was hitting the ball hard like the WS but keeping it in and under control like Hingis. I thought "if Jen could play every match like this, she would never lose again" :) She was able to produce this level again in several big matches in that 01-03 era, but obviously not all the time. And something that I think goes unnoticed about Jen in general was her variety of shots. I was brushing up on the 03 USO semi on youtube last night and Jen would just slip right into that backhand slice, then a little topspin shot, followed by a flat crushing forehand winner. She was just a natural at tennis. Just my Jen thoughts for the day;)

so true.

Chrissie-fan
Jul 9th, 2011, 05:20 PM
I loved her passion and intensity. When she was really into it she made you feel as though tennis was a matter of life or death - the most important thing in the world. People rooted for or against her, but they never got bored during a Capriati match.

Bonfire
Jul 9th, 2011, 05:38 PM
I loved her passion and intensity. When she was really into it she made you feel as though tennis was a matter of life or death - the most important thing in the world. People rooted for or against her, but they never got bored during a Capriati match.

This is so true! I loved that as well. Her presence in a match, win or lose, would usually make it extremely entertaining to watch. She was absolutely a vital part of what is usually referred to as that "golden age of women's tennis."
Her being forced out of the game was a huge blow to the entertainment value of tennis, kind of like it will be when WS are gone. Love or hate them, they bring a level of interest, drama and intensity that is rare, just as Jen did.
And "matter of life or death" is a great way to explain Jen's passion and intensity out there and I would good rep you but it says I have to spread it around more first

hingisGOAT
Jul 9th, 2011, 06:11 PM
I respect Capriati but people need to stop bringing up 2001 AO like she played this great match. Hingis hit forty-something errors in two quick sets. That was probably her most erroneous display of tennis since she was 14 years old.

Bonfire
Jul 9th, 2011, 06:19 PM
I respect Capriati but people need to stop bringing up 2001 AO like she played this great match. Hingis hit forty-something errors in two quick sets. That was probably her most erroneous display of tennis since she was 14 years old.

Capriati shocked Hingis that day. She wasn't prepared and couldn't handle what Jen brought to the table. As fans, we should be able to laud and remember that match as a great performance by Capriati.

hingisGOAT
Jul 9th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Capriati shocked Hingis that day. She wasn't prepared and couldn't handle what Jen brought to the table. As fans, we should be able to laud and remember that match as a great performance by Capriati.

Once again. Capriati played a good match. And yes, Hingis probably underestimated Jen. But that does not excuse or explain her absolutely ridiculous unforced error count. Capriati didn't blow Martina off the court... rather Hingis played her worst match in years. It is what it is and the stats back it up. :shrug:

GermanBoy
Jul 9th, 2011, 06:28 PM
GagaLady just told us what she had heard. She never said she could not live without Jennifer on the tour. Some people are so disrespectful on here - towards players as well as other users.

Jennifer was my favourite player & will always be. She is brilliant. I was gutted when she had to finish her career in 2004 & always wanted her to come back. However, it has been 7 years & I don't think she should return now. Jennifer is a true champion & I know she would put her all into a comeback if she could. I am convinced she could still be at the top, just for her passion & desire. As injuries forced her to finish her career we obviously don't know as to how high her fitness level would be.

I personally don't want Jennifer to "ruin" her career by losing to the journey women of the tour & ending up only reaching the 40ties of the rankings.

As for all the haters intruding this thread: We all know that Jennifer has got problems to adjust to life after tennis but that doesn't make her a "sad" person as someone said. So just stay out of here!!!

Bonfire
Jul 9th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Once again. Capriati played a good match. And yes, Hingis probably underestimated Jen. But that does not excuse or explain her absolutely ridiculous unforced error count. Capriati didn't blow Martina off the court... rather Hingis played her worst match in years. It is what it is and the stats back it up. :shrug:

Capriati played a big part in those Hingis errors. In the semi...Hingis beat an erratic Venus like 6-1 6-1 or something with Vee barely being able to keep a ball in play. Serena probably hit quite a few errors in that epic QF against Martina as well. But Jen wasn't giving her those errors. She was playing clean yet still hitting the ball very hard. Martina became the one hitting errors because she didn't have any answers to Jen's game on this occasion. Hingis was trying things but Jen was just getting everything back and with interest, especially those crucial drop shots Hingis used but Jen was too fast and focused
Anyway, Capriati played a much better match than Hingis for sure. You could tell Hingis was not up for the fight that day and wasn't at her best though. I don't think we are actually disagreeing on anything really

JCTennisFan
Jul 9th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Cap blitzed the field that year at the AO. Hingis took both WS out that GS so she obviously was doing something right. One could argue that she was tired by the time the F came around, but honestly a 6-1 6-1 SF is not exactly taxing on the system. She had a tough QF but a pretty easy SF, so she should of been in fine shape for the F. Jenny simply played a high percentage attacking game that whole tournie.... something she did pretty well.

That was what was so special about Capriati... she could hit as hard as the WS but her error counts were often much lower.... thus why she dealt with Serena so well. Venus has always hit a little harder than Serena, and I believe that bit of extra power allowed her an easier time with Cap. But still the delta between peak Venus power and Peak Cap power was a small gap.... they just never seeemed to meet often enough when they were both at their peaks. Serena and Cap on the other hand more often met each other when both were playing near peak level.

GAGAlady
Jul 9th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Cap blitzed the field that year at the AO. Hingis took both WS out that GS so she obviously was doing something right. One could argue that she was tired by the time the F came around, but honestly a 6-1 6-1 SF is not exactly taxing on the system. She had a tough QF but a pretty easy SF, so she should of been in fine shape for the F. Jenny simply played a high percentage attacking game that whole tournie.... something she did pretty well.

That was what was so special about Capriati... she could hit as hard as the WS but her error counts were often much lower.... thus why she dealt with Serena so well. Venus has always hit a little harder than Serena, and I believe that bit of extra power allowed her an easier time with Cap. But still the delta between peak Venus power and Peak Cap power was a small gap.... they just never seeemed to meet often enough when they were both at their peaks. Serena and Cap on the other hand more often met each other when both were playing near peak level.

i also think its wierd how Jen lost all 4 matches to Venus/ Serena was always the better more talented sister...yet Jen had less problems with her game than against a more erratic opponent...maybe thats bad luck i guess...:(:o

JCTennisFan
Jul 9th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Venus, when she was hitting consistently, had slightly better reach and slightly better power than her sister, which allowed Venus to more often take control of the rallys from Cap. The venus of today though, Cap would have much less issues with. Cap usually faced Venus when venus was a FAR more consistent player than she is today. A consistent Venus is a MUCH scarier opponent than todays inconsistent version. Cap superior error ratios would probably allow her to win more often against Venus now days, that is if Cap wasnt injured, sadly.

Bonfire
Jul 9th, 2011, 09:16 PM
i also think its wierd how Jen lost all 4 matches to Venus/ Serena was always the better more talented sister...yet Jen had less problems with her game than against a more erratic opponent...maybe thats bad luck i guess...:(:o

Jen vs. Venus head to head should have been 1 to 3 not 0 to 4. Can't believe Jen couldn't win one of those 8 match points in Miami after having played so well there. Venus wasn't even doing much at the end of that match. Vee's shots looked tired for the most part towards the end. Jen just couldn't step up one more time to take that last point.
That's the weird thing about Jen in those years. Her mental ferocity in clutch situations like AO 02 final was such a strength but then could suddenly become her biggest weakness in matches like that Miami final and the loss to Justine in USO 03.

Stamp Paid
Jul 9th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Venus, when she was hitting consistently, had slightly better reach and slightly better power than her sister, which allowed Venus to more often take control of the rallys from Cap. The venus of today though, Cap would have much less issues with. Cap usually faced Venus when venus was a FAR more consistent player than she is today. A consistent Venus is a MUCH scarier opponent than todays inconsistent version. Cap superior error ratios would probably allow her to win more often against Venus now days, that is if Cap wasnt injured, sadly.How delusional. You are seriously going to compare the game of a 31 year old Venus to the game of a 26 year old Capriati? :lol:

JCTennisFan
Jul 9th, 2011, 09:41 PM
How delusional. You are seriously going to compare 31 year old Venus to a 26 year old Capriati? :lol:

Lol, All I am saying is that Venus is no longer consistent like she was. Caps game style would better stand up against an inconsistent Venus vrs a consistent one. Thats all im saying, stop reading into things that arent there.

Stamp Paid
Jul 9th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Lol, All I am saying is that Venus is no longer consistent like she was. Caps game style would better stand up against an inconsistent Venus vrs a consistent one. Thats all im saying, stop reading into things that arent there.OK, and her inconsistency is mostly because of age and recent injury.
You made that statement like if Jennifer was still playing today, she would have an easier time with Venus. You think a 35 year old Capriati would have the same exact game as she did when she left off? Especially considering her body was falling apart already at only 28?

Slutiana
Jul 9th, 2011, 10:54 PM
How delusional. You are seriously going to compare the game of a 31 year old Venus to the game of a 26 year old Capriati? :lol:
IKR. :sobbing:

JCTennisFan
Jul 9th, 2011, 11:18 PM
OK, and her inconsistency is mostly because of age and recent injury.
You made that statement like if Jennifer was still playing today, she would have an easier time with Venus. You think a 35 year old Capriati would have the same exact game as she did when she left off? Especially considering her body was falling apart already at only 28?

You simply think that her consistency is worse because of injury. Now im not gonna lie injury doesnt help the situation but Venus simply has been an erratic player ever since 2004. She has still won slams, but is anyone gonna tell me that the Venus of 00-03 is anything like the venus afterwards? On grass maybe, but thats it....

And excluding Jennifer's career ending injury, she actually had a much better track record of staying healthy than Venus. Other than her injury in 2004 the only other time I can think of her being out was during the 02 off season for spots on her eyes, which was hurting her eyesight. Otherwise she was a pretty durable player... you dont think 7 years could of done more good than harm? Look how fresh Cljisters was, Henin was for the first half year back, Hingis for the first half year as well.. Taking a break can often times be better than worse.

And no, im not gonna act like 35 year old Cap would play like a 28 year old cap.... but the point is she doesnt need to even produce that level anymore to get into the 2nd week of Slams.... and IF (big IF) Jen was ever gonna come back it would just be for the Slams.... the US Open in particular. It wouldnt be to come back and play tier 1s, lol. She just never has been that type of player... she only really cares about the big matches, just like Serena and Venus. And dont forget.... Jennifer was much MORE consistent during her slam runs of 01-04 than Venus has been post 2004. She only got bounced out early once during that time, at the 03 aussie open, which was only a few weeks after she had EYE surgery, so I can understand that fluke. She was defending champion, if she wasnt she would of pulled out of the AO 03, no doubt about it.

PS Le Bon Vivant , you said "made it sound like in your statement...", which would mean you are ASSUMEING things, or putting words in my mouth. Im sorry you took it the way you did, but that doesnt mean thats how I MEANT for it to come off. You interpreted it wrong, not my fault :tape: .

PPS : Nice little tidbit on Capriati that I just looked up, there was an EIGHT year gap between Capriati falling out of the top 10 and re-entering it in 2001... the longest amount of time a player has taken to re-enter the top 10. She obviously proves that when it comes to "comebacks" she is the queen... (Kim could be considered the queen now, but thats another argument) so who is to say if it was HUMANLY possible for her to comeback that she couldnt atleast make a dent in the tour? Agassi was 35-36 and still contending slams.

justineheninfan
Jul 10th, 2011, 12:41 AM
Did you honestly watch the US open SF from 2003? Watch the first set and most of the 2nd set.... Cap was MANDHANDLING Henin in a way that was quite amazing to watch, just outhitting the heck out of her.

Yes which is why Henin hit over 10 more winners for the match, and won despite having over 20 more unforced errors. :lol:

Kworb
Jul 10th, 2011, 01:14 AM
:lol: These Capriati fans are hilarious. I actually want her to come back so I can laugh at them when she gets blown off the court in R1.

She's no Kimiko, she doesn't make the plays. Capriati was a grinder. Now at 35 she would be completely useless at WTA level even if she were 100% healthy.

Let's face it, much like Wozniacki, Capriati mostly took advantage of a lull in women's tennis. The level between peak Hingis and peak Serena wasn't all that great and that's why Capriati and Venus were able to win multiple Slams. So let's not pretend that her peak is up there with the greats.

JCTennisFan
Jul 10th, 2011, 01:23 AM
Yes which is why Henin hit over 10 more winners for the match, and won despite having over 20 more unforced errors. :lol:

You obviously only like to pick out parts of what people say for your posts. Notice how I said "First set and a half". We all know how the match ended, and yeah I can see justine hitting more in the end, she refused to give up to the point of dehydration and exhaustion. But that first set and a half was some truely sublime tennis From Jenny.

JCTennisFan
Jul 10th, 2011, 01:35 AM
:lol: These Capriati fans are hilarious. I actually want her to come back so I can laugh at them when she gets blown off the court in R1.

She's no Kimiko, she doesn't make the plays. Capriati was a grinder. Now at 35 she would be completely useless at WTA level even if she were 100% healthy.

Let's face it, much like Wozniacki, Capriati mostly took advantage of a lull in women's tennis. The level between peak Hingis and peak Serena wasn't all that great and that's why Capriati and Venus were able to win multiple Slams. So let's not pretend that her peak is up there with the greats.

Sure, Capriati was an Olypmic gold winner, beating Seles and Graf en route, because she was a mediocre opportunist. She competed in arguably 2 of the best matches of the 90's and 00's (91 us open vrs seles, 03 us open vrs justine) because she was a tier 2 player.They had to enact a rule nicknamed the "jennifer Capriati rule" because she was equivilent to Huber. She competed against 2 different generations of tennis players and won slams because she was a majoli level player. :kiss: I completely agree with you, she WASNT the 3rd best player during arguably the best period of womens tennis in the last 15 years (00-03) and wasnt one of really only 2 (Venus and Cap) players who could take it to Serena even when she was in her "god mode". I mean she might as well rename herself Coezter! :tape:

*JR*
Jul 10th, 2011, 02:19 AM
...Jennifers "pooor shotmaking" why dont u watch her blast winners Past Monica Seles in Miami is 2002 and then tell me how badly Jens shotmaking is...pathetic.:lick::worship:

Yes, but Monica was well past her prime and somewhat out of shape then, but the match was still like 3 hours, famously into Jen's 26th birthday. Jen won 4-6 6-3 7-6(4) which means that obviously there were plenty that she missed and winners by Monica too. (Again, a Monica who was never the same after Hamburg, and by '02 had fitness issues, to the point that Babsi Schwartz beat her along with Meghann in the famous FC tie in Charlotte that year, after BJK vs. Jen got JCap booted).

Jennifer was a power hitter. she was not some hacker...she was never a pusher she blasted the ball...she was not overly big on angles or painting lines like Seles...but she hit just as hard...

OK, but hitting angles and lines was a great strength of Monica's game, one Jen would have done well 2B able to emulate.

=========================================
And regarding the h2h with Serena (who took it 10-7 as stated, including all 4 finals) it really should have been (edit) "10-6, with 1 undecided" as Serena was clearly robbed in the '04 USO on several key calls late in the 3rd set:

7J91pJAwDpA

JCTennisFan
Jul 10th, 2011, 04:05 AM
Yes, but Monica was well past her prime and somewhat out of shape then, but the match was still like 3 hours, famously into Jen's 26th birthday. Jen won 4-6 6-3 7-6(4) which means that obviously there were plenty that she missed and winners by Monica too. (Again, a Monica who was never the same after Hamburg, and by '02 had fitness issues, to the point that Babsi Schwartz beat her along with Meghann in the famous FC tie in Charlotte that year, after BJK vs. Jen got JCap booted).

OK, but hitting angles and lines was a great strength of Monica's game, one Jen would have done well 2B able to emulate.

=========================================
And regarding the h2h with Serena (who took it 10-7 as stated, including all 4 finals) it really should have been 11-6, as Serena was clearly robbed in the '04 USO on several key calls late in the 3rd set:

7J91pJAwDpA

oh good lord, Really, I mean do we have to go there. :rolleyes:

justineheninfan
Jul 10th, 2011, 06:56 AM
Sure, Capriati was an Olypmic gold winner, beating Seles and Graf en route

LOL Seles didnt even play the Olympics which Capriati won.

the 3rd best player during arguably the best period of womens tennis in the last 15 years (00-03)

your dry sarcasm aside you are right she wasnt. Henin's 2003 easily trumps Capriati's 2001. And Henin winning a a slew more tournaments, ending a year #1, performing better at Wimbledon, and 5-2 record vs Capriati easily overcome Jen's 1 extra Aussie slam.

and wasnt one of really only 2 (Venus and Cap) players who could take it to Serena even when she was in her "god mode". I mean she might as well rename herself Coezter! :tape:

You keep saying this yet keep ignoring Henin beat 02-03 peak Serena THREE times, while Venus and Capriati didnt even once. Facts have very little to do with your arguments and flowery fandom statements so no bother.

Chrissie-fan
Jul 10th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Asked about the best matches she's been involved in during her career Justine ranked that match in her top three.

goldlion
Jul 10th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Why would she come back? There's no reason behind it. She was an elite player, and it'd be humiliating if she came back with zero achievement.

Aster7
Jul 10th, 2011, 08:45 AM
That would be great if she returns

Viktymise
Jul 10th, 2011, 10:09 AM

I never quite know whether you're serious or not.

Monica_Rules
Jul 10th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Would be good if she did. Its so annoying that we lost Jenny and Monica to injuries and not because of an official choice to retire.

marineblue
Jul 10th, 2011, 10:36 AM
If Kimiko can why not her. I think many older players are now tempted seeing how well has Date Krumm´s tennis worked with the young guns. Worth trying.

*JR*
Jul 10th, 2011, 12:49 PM
oh good lord, Really, I mean do we have to go there. :rolleyes:

Woah. The RG '03 "hand incident" (a "gray area" on one point where the ump should have asked the linesppl behind both players what they saw during that serve and request for time) was @ most a case of Justine acting like pro athletes do these days, like an NFL wide receiver getting up after trapping the ball like it was a catch.

The RG call was "it could go either way", even on replay. I wish athletes in general were "boy and girl scouts" on calls, but its just not realistic to rely on that. On that call, Justine wasn't "forthcoming" with the ump, but that pompous a-hole should have relied on more than feedback from 2 players with a vested interest, instead of acting like "I don't get guidance from mere linesppl".

Whereas in the above vid, 4 calls in the last game wrongly went against Serena, including one around 1:58 into it that wasn't even close, with 2 plus inches of court between her shot and the sideline. I have no idea how that call was made, and then stood. Nor what would have happened had the set gone to 5-5, as it very likely would have if not for those 4 calls.

And I'm not a Serena fanatic, having posted here that she indeed did commit the decisive foot fault there against Kim 5 years later, with the front perhaps 3 inches of her foot clearly on the baseline B4 her racquet even touched the ball.

Anyhow (re. Jen) she's told reporters here and there the last few years about various things she wanted to do if she couldn't come back (like a Newcombe style tennis camp) but never done a thing towards making any actually happen. And given the kinda sad vid below, it may be more a question of whether she winds up like Lindsay Lohan... or Anna Nicole Smith. :shrug:

Edit: embedding on this vid disabled by Youtube, so http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W99jGGRGaZE

================================================== =========================================

Helen Lawson
Jul 10th, 2011, 01:08 PM
I'm trying to take a condo on the 16th floor of Cap's building on Singer Island, Cap is on 19. Arrange an inspection with the hopes Cap is the the elevator, assuming no private elevators? I will not ask humiliating questions, or probably any questions, but I could get a visual.

KBdoubleu
Jul 10th, 2011, 02:43 PM

You're joking, right?

vixter
Jul 10th, 2011, 09:03 PM

This is what I loved most with Capriati as well, her fierce temperament. And her occasional outbursts in anger and frustration were so real, there was no diva attitude acting, just frustration and madness in it's purest form. :worship:

I remember once after Serena aced her in their Miami final, Capriati bounced the racket in the court THREE TIMES while she walked to the other side. :worship:

JCTennisFan
Jul 10th, 2011, 09:08 PM
LOL Seles didnt even play the Olympics which Capriati won.

your dry sarcasm aside you are right she wasnt. Henin's 2003 easily trumps Capriati's 2001. And Henin winning a a slew more tournaments, ending a year #1, performing better at Wimbledon, and 5-2 record vs Capriati easily overcome Jen's 1 extra Aussie slam.

You keep saying this yet keep ignoring Henin beat 02-03 peak Serena THREE times, while Venus and Capriati didnt even once. Facts have very little to do with your arguments and flowery fandom statements so no bother.

My fault, I thought she beat monica en route to the Gold, but of course beating Huber and ASV en route is something only a b-level player would do. And for all that Justine managed.... Jennifer managed 3 wins over serena in 2001, the 3rd being at WIMBLEDON, the other 2 being at the FRENCH and at MIAMI. All those occasions were big, and she beat serena every time. Fast forward to 2002 when Jennifer had gained a lil weight/lost fitness, and that appeared to be enough to throw the matches into Serena's favor. But in 2001.. it was all Cap.

JCTennisFan
Jul 10th, 2011, 09:17 PM
This is what I loved most with Capriati as well, her fierce temperament. And her occasional outbursts in anger and frustration were so real, there was no diva attitude acting, just frustration and madness in it's purest form. :worship:

I remember once after Serena aced her in their Miami final, Capriati bounced the racket in the court THREE TIMES while she walked to the other side. :worship:

She so often put her heart and soul into the matches... especially at the US Open. Jenny was born in NYC, and I think it was always a magical tournie to her, something she badly wanted to win. When most people think of Serena's biggest rivalry, it honestly is usually either Venus or Capriati.... and that says loads about both players. Regardless who liked her or not.... people tuned in to watch those matches.

*JR*
Jul 10th, 2011, 09:53 PM
And her occasional outbursts in anger and frustration were so real, there was no diva attitude acting, just frustration and madness in it's purest form. :worship:

Yeah, lets "admire" crap like in the vid below. The ball appears 2B on the line, anyhow (see end of vid) but even if it wasn't it would have been out by a couple of millimeters, not inches. And she storms the chair like she's fucking entitled to get a linesperson removed on what was @ best from her standpoint a borderline call? Gimme a break, Jen was more mature in her mid-teens than in her mid-20's. :rolleyes:

sAEDB1nzKWY

justineheninfan
Jul 10th, 2011, 10:17 PM
My fault, I thought she beat monica en route to the Gold, but of course beating Huber and ASV en route is something only a b-level player would do. And for all that Justine managed.... Jennifer managed 3 wins over serena in 2001, the 3rd being at WIMBLEDON, the other 2 being at the FRENCH and at MIAMI. All those occasions were big, and she beat serena every time. Fast forward to 2002 when Jennifer had gained a lil weight/lost fitness, and that appeared to be enough to throw the matches into Serena's favor. But in 2001.. it was all Cap.

LOL 2001 was definitely NOT peak Serena. It was underachieving young Serena who was still firmly in her sisters shadow and who was known for choking in big matches. It wasnt just Jen who did well vs Serena in 2001, Venus owned Serena then and Hingis too.

The difference in 2002 was Serena became SERENA for the first time.

Beating Huber is a big win now? What is next, Julie Halard.

JCTennisFan
Jul 10th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Yeah, lets "admire" crap like in the vid below. The ball appears 2B on the line, anyhow (see end of vid) but even if it wasn't it would have been out by a couple of millimeters, not inches. And she storms the chair like she's fucking entitled to get a linesperson removed on what was @ best from her standpoint a borderline call? Gimme a break, Jen was more mature in her mid-teens than in her mid-20's. :rolleyes:

sAEDB1nzKWY

Mcenroe must of been a horrible sport as well. And lets not even mention Serena, who said she wanted to stuff a ball down the linesperson throat and kill them. Capriati was tame in comparison.... she just didnt control her emotions well. She wore her heart on her sleave for us all to watch, made very entertaining tennis. She may of been a bit snooty from time to time... but she didnt say she wanted to kill people :wavey:

JCTennisFan
Jul 10th, 2011, 10:23 PM
LOL 2001 was definitely NOT peak Serena. It was underachieving young Serena who was still firmly in her sisters shadow and who was known for choking in big matches. It wasnt just Jen who did well vs Serena in 2001, Venus owned Serena then and Hingis too.

The difference in 2002 was Serena became SERENA for the first time.

Beating Huber is a big win now? What is next, Julie Halard.

Arguing with you is pointless, so Ill stop after this post. Obviously you are the type that thinks they are right on EVERYTHING. Atleast I realized that I fubbed up and got a detail wrong, you are the type that thinks your incapable of making mistakes. Thank GOD you arent a tennis player, because you would very extremely structured and unversatile. People with mindsets like you that are tennis players have no plan B.. because they think their plan A is perfect.

And I guess the 1999 US open was a fluke then? Serena was just such a HORRIBLE player that year, I mean she couldnt even beat top 50 players! :tape: Btw, Cap in 99 was like top 50 at best... so how does she magically start beating Serena 3 years later? It must be because Serena took a half decade to become a slam winning player! Naturally we cant include any losses she incurred between 99-02 because Serena wasnt fully developed. She didnt even have a GS winning game in 1999! So obviously its unfair to compare anyone who beat her during those years, because they didnt count right? :wavey:

And lets not count the 3 losses she suffered to Jenny in 2004, when jenny was a good 20-30 pounds HEAVIER than in 2001, because Serena just wasnt herself that year! I mean she didnt even make it to a Slam Final that year! So obviously 6 of Jennys 7 wins dont count, because either Serena was too young, got robbed, fell off a building and broke her leg in 5 places, I mean it just isnt fair to compare any of those matchups! It should naturally be 10-1 Serena.

justineheninfan
Jul 10th, 2011, 10:29 PM
LOL I will admit to my mistakes when I make them. I have even positive repped people who corrected a statistical mistake in the past. However I am not going to admit to mistakes on things that were correct and common sense. On no planet was 2001 Serena peak or even prime Serena, which is known by anyone who followed the game back then. When she made the US Open final, her first slam final in two whole years she was the #10 seed behind Hingis, Capriati, Davenport, Venus, Clijsters, Henin, Seles, Mauresmo, and Tauziat.

At the Canadian Open just before the US Open which was missing Davenport, Venus, Hingis, and Clijsters, tennis expert Carling Basset didnt even pick Serena a favorite to win that, saying Capriati, Seles, and pre prime baby Henin were the favorites to win, and acting shocked when Serena won. Which shows how under the radar Serena was at the time.

JCTennisFan
Jul 10th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Naturally... she just magically forgot how to hit a ball between 99 and 02...IIRC she had brain surgery and they forgot to put the tennis part of her brain back in... She started to complain to her doctors in early 2002 and they figured the problem out. That must be what happened.

vixter
Jul 10th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Well both Jennifer and Serena are/were great players. Serena was a great player in 2001 but confidence wise she was not at her top. She was very confident as up and comer during 1999. Even scored a win over Venus somewhere after her USO victory. Then followed a time during 2000 where she probably had high expectations on herself but couldn't fulfill them. Then came start of 2001 where she choked in a great QF with Hingis. I think the big turning point for Serena was losing the match to Seles in LA after having match points. I think she took it hard, but I think that was the turning point. She then won Canadian Open beating Seles and Capriati, and the rest is history.

vixter
Jul 10th, 2011, 11:44 PM

I don't "admire", I am entertained. It's funny. It's emotions on the sleeve. Human beings feeling stress, boiling over inside, the entertainment factor is huge! :) At the same time, she's capable of producing great tennis. Surely that can be admired.

But yeah that particular outburst of Jennifer was uncalled for. Very good example for your point.

Chrissie-fan
Jul 10th, 2011, 11:54 PM
:lol: Just give up, guys. If people have made up their minds that the're not gonna give any credit, they won't. There's no point in insisting, because they just won't. ;)

justineheninfan
Jul 10th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Arguing with you is pointless, so Ill stop after this post. Obviously you are the type that thinks they are right on EVERYTHING. Atleast I realized that I fubbed up and got a detail wrong, you are the type that thinks your incapable of making mistakes. Thank GOD you arent a tennis player, because you would very extremely structured and unversatile. People with mindsets like you that are tennis players have no plan B.. because they think their plan A is perfect.

And I guess the 1999 US open was a fluke then? Serena was just such a HORRIBLE player that year, I mean she couldnt even beat top 50 players! :tape: Btw, Cap in 99 was like top 50 at best... so how does she magically start beating Serena 3 years later? It must be because Serena took a half decade to become a slam winning player! Naturally we cant include any losses she incurred between 99-02 because Serena wasnt fully developed. She didnt even have a GS winning game in 1999! So obviously its unfair to compare anyone who beat her during those years, because they didnt count right? :wavey:

And lets not count the 3 losses she suffered to Jenny in 2004, when jenny was a good 20-30 pounds HEAVIER than in 2001, because Serena just wasnt herself that year! I mean she didnt even make it to a Slam Final that year! So obviously 6 of Jennys 7 wins dont count, because either Serena was too young, got robbed, fell off a building and broke her leg in 5 places, I mean it just isnt fair to compare any of those matchups! It should naturally be 10-1 Serena.

Hello genius, you are the one who started with the distinction and restriction to PEAK Serena, nobody else. If it wasnt for your own absurd claims and definitions then I wouldnt have even had to bring up the points I did. You are the one who keep repeating the same false statement that only Venus and Capriati have pushed peak Serena when it is Henin who beat peak Serena (02-03) 3 times, and others beat her once, while Capriati didnt. Nobody is saying Serena wasnt a good player from 99-2001 but only an idiot would say that was peak Serena or the same Serena as 2002-2003 or even 2007-2010. And a player of Serena's caliber does not need to be in her prime to win tournaments and win ONE slam in 3 years. If this was prime Serena obviously she would have won more than one slam in 3 years. This is Serena Williams we are talking about, not Sabatini or Capriati, LOL

And Capriati fans milk her challenge of Serena to paint her in the best possible light (even though Henin, Venus, and Hingis have still all done more damage to Serena than Capriati has). Yet ignore how most of the top players of both of her eras as a top player have an edge on her, most of those much bigger ones than Serena. There is a thing in tennis called bad matchups. Funny how you bring up H2H argument so much when in fact H2Hs is not what paints Capriati's abilities in the most postive light to put it mildly. They show even in her prime years she was owned bigtime by Graf, Seles, Venus, Davenport, pre prime Henin, Mauresmo, Sabatini, and others, while not having a winning record vs any top players except Mary Pierce.

And lastly a few of you over the top Capriatitards are comical in your accusation of those who dont agree with you as Capriati haters. Very few of us are haters, we just take exception to a few of you delusional folks who talk about as if she were a 15 slam winner caliber player. Henin is my favorite but I dont say she is up with Graf and Navratilova in greatness.

GAGAlady
Jul 11th, 2011, 01:08 AM
Woah. The RG '03 "hand incident" (a "gray area" on one point where the ump should have asked the linesppl behind both players what they saw during that serve and request for time) was @ most a case of Justine acting like pro athletes do these days, like an NFL wide receiver getting up after trapping the ball like it was a catch.

The RG call was "it could go either way", even on replay. I wish athletes in general were "boy and girl scouts" on calls, but its just not realistic to rely on that. On that call, Justine wasn't "forthcoming" with the ump, but that pompous a-hole should have relied on more than feedback from 2 players with a vested interest, instead of acting like "I don't get guidance from mere linesppl".

Whereas in the above vid, 4 calls in the last game wrongly went against Serena, including one around 1:58 into it that wasn't even close, with 2 plus inches of court between her shot and the sideline. I have no idea how that call was made, and then stood. Nor what would have happened had the set gone to 5-5, as it very likely would have if not for those 4 calls.

And I'm not a Serena fanatic, having posted here that she indeed did commit the decisive foot fault there against Kim 5 years later, with the front perhaps 3 inches of her foot clearly on the baseline B4 her racquet even touched the ball.

Anyhow (re. Jen) she's told reporters here and there the last few years about various things she wanted to do if she couldn't come back (like a Newcombe style tennis camp) but never done a thing towards making any actually happen. And given the kinda sad vid below, it may be more a question of whether she winds up like Lindsay Lohan... or Anna Nicole Smith. :shrug:

Edit: embedding on this vid disabled by Youtube, so http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W99jGGRGaZE

================================================== =========================================

Trash reporting at its best...this "peice of news" is nothing more than gossip and hearsay. Nobody really knows what happened and why, just tabloids guessing.

People quick to jump someone need to mind there own business. Because its not any of theres...:o

Anna Nicole Smith? please...that woman was trailor trash. Jennifer is not.

GAGAlady
Jul 11th, 2011, 01:13 AM

sAEDB1nzKWY

Your full of crap!!!!

How many players have lost there tempers due to poor line judging?!!?! ALL OF THEM! And??

Get a life, tennis players have every right to challenge if they feel like the people in charge are doing a terrible job.:kiss::o

Serena willims physically threatend a line judge...darling compared to that this was nothing!

Get over yourself little miss sunshine...or should we call you "little miss morality?" LMAO....ridiculous!!!:help::tape::lol:

GAGAlady
Jul 11th, 2011, 01:17 AM
Naturally... she just magically forgot how to hit a ball between 99 and 02...IIRC she had brain surgery and they forgot to put the tennis part of her brain back in... She started to complain to her doctors in early 2002 and they figured the problem out. That must be what happened.

I know right? its called "not wanting to gie credit" to someting he/she feels doesnt deserve credit for...politicians do it all the time!!!

Just forget about it..:)

JCTennisFan
Jul 11th, 2011, 01:25 AM
Hello genius, you are the one who started with the distinction and restriction to PEAK Serena, nobody else. If it wasnt for your own absurd claims and definitions then I wouldnt have even had to bring up the points I did. You are the one who keep repeating the same false statement that only Venus and Capriati have pushed peak Serena when it is Henin who beat peak Serena (02-03) 3 times, and others beat her once, while Capriati didnt. Nobody is saying Serena wasnt a good player from 99-2001 but only an idiot would say that was peak Serena or the same Serena as 2002-2003 or even 2007-2010. And a player of Serena's caliber does not need to be in her prime to win tournaments and win ONE slam in 3 years. If this was prime Serena obviously she would have won more than one slam in 3 years. This is Serena Williams we are talking about, not Sabatini or Capriati, LOL

And Capriati fans milk her challenge of Serena to paint her in the best possible light (even though Henin, Venus, and Hingis have still all done more damage to Serena than Capriati has). Yet ignore how most of the top players of both of her eras as a top player have an edge on her, most of those much bigger ones than Serena. There is a thing in tennis called bad matchups. Funny how you bring up H2H argument so much when in fact H2Hs is not what paints Capriati's abilities in the most postive light to put it mildly. They show even in her prime years she was owned bigtime by Graf, Seles, Venus, Davenport, pre prime Henin, Mauresmo, Sabatini, and others, while not having a winning record vs any top players except Mary Pierce.

And lastly a few of you over the top Capriatitards are comical in your accusation of those who dont agree with you as Capriati haters. Very few of us are haters, we just take exception to a few of you delusional folks who talk about as if she were a 15 slam winner caliber player. Henin is my favorite but I dont say she is up with Graf and Navratilova in greatness.

Nah, you just like to argue with me, this isnt the first post or thread that you have poped up and disagreed with everything I say, which is fine, but it kinda proves you just like to argue with me. I dont go into threads calling you a "justinetard" or anything equally immature like that, you seem to like to hunt my posts down and discredit them.

I never said Jennifer was as accomplished, or as good, as Nav or Graf. Nav Graf and Evert are the best ever (and Serena still has a WAY to go before she gets up to their level..) and Jenny doesnt compare to those players. The closest these two players got to being both PEAK, as you want to go on about that, is early-mid 2002. But the problem with the matches they had in early 2002 is that Jennifer had gotten out of shape. How hard is it to see that 2001 was jens best year, a year she beat serena 3 times, and that serena's best year was 2002, where she beat Cap. If anything it leads me to believe they were pretty even during their peak years... trading blows with one another. Is one alot more accomplished? Yeah. Does that make her a more talented player? no....

GAGAlady
Jul 11th, 2011, 02:14 AM

1) Our claims are all real claims, not some fucked up delusions like youd like to make up. FACTS are this is a Multiple time Grand Slam Champion and one of Capriatis Talents...makes her even more respected as any top level player today will likely draw inspiration from her in some form or way.

Ask Rebecca Marino who her favorite all time player is?! Thats right...its JENNIFER CAPRIATI...ask any other girls who it is im sure Jen pops up.

2)"milk up"? are u okay? What is your issue with us bringing up the fact That Serena struggled against one of her all time Rivals? are u jealous? do u wish u were Jennifer? Get a life u silly fool:o:kiss::help: Big deal...Serena Struggled...boo hoo...she got over it so should u.

3) bad matchups? no darling...its called, "i lost to the player better than me that day| stop making xcuses for losses that occured years ago. We Capriati Fans dont make excuses forour favs loss...so u should do the same. good grief!

GAGAlady
Jul 11th, 2011, 02:19 AM
Nah, you just like to argue with me, this isnt the first post or thread that you have poped up and disagreed with everything I say, which is fine, but it kinda proves you just like to argue with me. I dont go into threads calling you a "justinetard" or anything equally immature like that, you seem to like to hunt my posts down and discredit them.

I never said Jennifer was as accomplished, or as good, as Nav or Graf. Nav Graf and Evert are the best ever (and Serena still has a WAY to go before she gets up to their level..) and Jenny doesnt compare to those players. The closest these two players got to being both PEAK, as you want to go on about that, is early-mid 2002. But the problem with the matches they had in early 2002 is that Jennifer had gotten out of shape. How hard is it to see that 2001 was jens best year, a year she beat serena 3 times, and that serena's best year was 2002, where she beat Cap. If anything it leads me to believe they were pretty even during their peak years... trading blows with one another. Is one alot more accomplished? Yeah. Does that make her a more talented player? no....

Sweetheart, this boy/girl is very very small minded...has a select memory and uses ridiculous theories to back his clear lack of vision and is biased to boot.

Clearly we have won the arguments her based on common sence.:rolleyes::o

Jealousy is a bitch it seems:tape::lol::help: but why be jealous of Jen? when your own player is just as accomplished? Is it maybe because Jen, unlike Justine is respected by her peers as a fighter WITHOUT the cheater attached to it? Or is it that Jen was always a big hitting beauty without the need for b:help:ig fat steroids? whis one is it?!:help::lick:

help me understand here!:o

justineheninfan
Jul 11th, 2011, 03:29 AM
1) Our claims are all real claims, not some fucked up delusions like youd like to make up. FACTS are this is a Multiple time Grand Slam Champion

ROTFL blind Capriati fanatic actually think the least accomplished 3 slam winner in history is better than 7 slam winner Henin and on par with 9 slam winner Seles and 13 slam winner Serena and you have the audacity to say you are using any real cliams based on facts, and accusing others of fucked up delusions. Thanks, you just gave me the biggest laugh I have had in a very long time. :lol:

I wont even bother sifting through the rest of your crap. You started a retarded thread which everyone ridiculed you for along with your stupid ideas and fanatical delusional overrating of Capriati. Get over it. Your beloved favorite is on a historical level with Mauresmo and Pierce, in her own era she is far overshadowed by Graf, Seles, Sanchez, Serena, Venus, Henin, Clijsters, Sharapova, Davenport, and others. Making absurd fantasy declarations of her abilities while you snort your own personal mix of coke and fairy dust, which also allows you to believe she could return and do squat all on tour at 35, only invites others to put her down.

Ayumilove
Jul 11th, 2011, 03:31 AM
does anyone know how many grandslams she won?

Jane Lane
Jul 11th, 2011, 03:31 AM
Somebody call Mariana.

GAGAlady
Jul 11th, 2011, 06:10 AM
ROTFL blind Capriati fanatic actually think the least accomplished 3 slam winner in history is better than 7 slam winner Henin and on par with 9 slam winner Seles and 13 slam winner Serena and you have the audacity to say you are using any real cliams based on facts, and accusing others of fucked up delusions. Thanks, you just gave me the biggest laugh I have had in a very long time. :lol:

I wont even bother sifting through the rest of your crap. You started a retarded thread which everyone ridiculed you for along with your stupid ideas and fanatical delusional overrating of Capriati. Get over it. Your beloved favorite is on a historical level with Mauresmo and Pierce, in her own era she is far overshadowed by Graf, Seles, Sanchez, Serena, Venus, Henin, Clijsters, Sharapova, Davenport, and others. Making absurd fantasy declarations of her abilities while you snort your own personal mix of coke and fairy dust, which also allows you to believe she could return and do squat all on tour at 35, only invites others to put her down.

1) A champion is a Champion. Go look the word up in the dictionary and then you tell ME what a champion is.
2)I made these claims ::o
- Capriati: multiple slam champion:wavey:
- Capriati: Gold Medalist:kiss:
- Capriati: World #1 Player:wavey:
- Capriati: 2001 World Champion in tennis accrding to laureus:wavey:
- Capriati: Clean record in terms of NEVER using performance enhancing drugs to overcompensate for her lack of build:rolleyes:

....so far im right on "all of my ridiculous claims and supposed "delusions"....owned.:tape::help:

goodness im getting tired *breath* ok...theres more..

3)in Jennifer ERA (jennifer clearly competed in SEVERAL "eras" not just 1 as u stupidly said) she competed in the Graff Era...she was 14 to 17...she was young and she still managed to get to #6 she then competed in the toughest era of womens tennis history and Made it to #1...and won all of her slams in that same exact ERA. Wow...she must sick bad to have done so poorly. Right? :o

...also? how the hell is Maria Sharapova in "jennifers era?" i didnt get that memo....sorry:tape::help:

4) im glad that my "snorting" is helping me realize that not only do I love and respect a player who genuinely contributed greatly to the overall product, marketebility success and history of Womens tennis but also that you are a Tool, thinks hes the man...which you are nothing kore than a cocky suck at best...and if i didnt already know id myself easy kick ur ass on a tennis court...i would challenge you to a match. But whats the point...I wouldnt want to embarrass you just like ive been doing every time you write another stupid comment of yours. have a nice day buddy.

Chrissie-fan
Jul 11th, 2011, 06:20 AM
:aparty: :inlove: :banana: Happy Birthday Caroline!!! :bdaycake: :cheer: :hearts:

....Oops, wrong thread :bolt:

VeeJJ
Jul 11th, 2011, 06:46 AM
:aparty: :inlove: :banana: Happy Birthday Caroline!!! :bdaycake: :cheer: :hearts:

:haha:

Seriously though, how on earth did this thread become such a mess?!?!?!!?

The question was simple, the answer is easy and definite. She is not coming back.

Sad Day.

Thread closed.

bandabou
Jul 11th, 2011, 11:42 AM

:rolls: So now Serena only got her wins because Capriati was 'fat'? OMG!!! :facepalm:
And of course ' 01 was PEAK PEAK Serena, right? :lol: You guys are really something else.

Serena_Williams_
Jul 11th, 2011, 11:46 AM
How did this turn into a Serena-Jennifer thread? :lol:

bandabou
Jul 11th, 2011, 11:53 AM

:spit: Can always bank on you for a laugh! :yeah:

bandabou
Jul 11th, 2011, 11:56 AM

:secret: When fans wanna enhance their own favs. :lol: ;)

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jul 11th, 2011, 11:57 AM

Just because she managed to beat Serena a few times :lol: Serena almost has as many Slams as Jennifer as regular titles :rolls:

*JR*
Jul 11th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Trash reporting at its best...this "peice of news" is nothing more than gossip and hearsay. Nobody really knows what happened and why, just tabloids guessing.

People quick to jump someone need to mind there own business. Because its not any of theres...:o

Anna Nicole Smith? please...that woman was trailor trash. Jennifer is not.

First off, its a clip from a local TV station (who all have contacts with the local cops, and radio's that can monitor police/EMS dispatches) not a tabloid.

In terms of the Anna Nicole Smith reference, it was juxtaposed with one to Lindsay Lohan, and had nothing to do with (either's) personal life. The obvious point was that ANS died of an OD, while LiLo hasn't (so far anyway) and Jen could wind up like either one.

I even sent Cronin an email when Tennis Reporters ran an item about Jen and the porn star, because I felt (and continue to) that she can date whoever she wants to, without needing outside approval.

BTW, I corrected the "should have been" h2h between Jen and Serena from an earlier post ITT to 10-6 for the latter, with 1 "impossible to say". Without those indefensible calls in the last game, Serena almost surely takes that one, but then its like a new match @ 5-5 in the 3rd.

In terms of Serena's words to that linewoman after the '09 foot fault (again, it was indeed a ff) she never threatened the woman's life; she said something like "I ought to shove this ball down your throat, but I won't". Funny how the Jentards leave the last part out ITT.

And whereas Jen benefited from Alves and the linesppl essentially handing her the last game in a 6-4 3rd set in 2004, Serena was penalized another point for what she said in '09, thus not having the chance to serve back to deuce because the penalty wound up being the MP.

Enough BS already. I've had great respect for Jen as a competitor for a decade plus, and still remember Wertheim's article (http://sportsillustrated.asia/vault/article/magazine/MAG1021666/index.htm) on her redemption from ova a decade ago, the title of course a twist on the common phrase "Johnny Come Lately". Including for her outlasting a younger and slimmer Martina II in a Melbourne sauna the next year to defend the AO title, that got the heat breaks created.

But she never stopped trying to cash in on the all-American girl hype neither Williams sister was ever "gifted with" the chance to hold, any more than Ms. Famous For Being Famous (an Anna K who I had some "choice words about" yesterday in the Hall of Fame thread) did regarding the agent-manufactured hype about the latter being a Goddess or something.

Chrissie-fan
Jul 11th, 2011, 01:02 PM
:rolls: So now Serena only got her wins because Capriati was 'fat'? OMG!!! :facepalm:
And of course ' 01 was PEAK PEAK Serena, right? :lol: You guys are really something else.
Yeah, but wathever.....ain't it kinda sad that a basically innocent thread about Jennifer's health has to end up like this? Even sadder that it's so predictable that it would end up like this?

JCTennisFan's posts are perfectly reasonable speaking from Capriati's perspective and from the perspective of a Capriati fan. ALL fans do that. Or do you guys worry about how good or healthy or close to her best her opponent was when Serena wins or loses? I don't think so. You try to explain it from the perspective of your favourite. There's nothing wrong with that, and it doesn't make it a lie either. It makes for at least a big part of the truth.

If for example JCTennisFan says that Jen played a magnificent AO final in 2001 and in comes a Hingis fan who says that Martina played poorly, is either of them necessarily wrong or 'not objective'? I don't think so. Both are perfectly sane oppinions spoken from the perspective of their respective faves. The thing that usually makes a debate like the Serena vs Capriati thing (and you can replace these two with any other two names) is that fans from both players become very defensive and unwilling to meet each other halfway. It's THEN that objectivity goes out the window and the whole thing turns into a trash talking contest where participants are no longer interested in "the truth", but only in scoring cheap points at the expense of other posters.

Sammy Stones
Jul 11th, 2011, 01:18 PM
this ain't happening. shut it down.

bandabou
Jul 11th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Yeah, but wathever.....ain't it kinda sad that a basically innocent thread about Jennifer's health has to end up like this? Even sadder that it's so predictable that it would end up like this?

JCTennisFan's posts are perfectly reasonable speaking from Capriati's perspective and from the perspective of a Capriati fan. ALL fans do that. Or do you guys worry about how good or healthy or close to her best her opponent was when Serena wins or loses? I don't think so. You try to explain it from the perspective of your favourite. There's nothing wrong with that, and it doesn't make it a lie either. It makes for at least a big part of the truth.

If for example JCTennisFan says that Jen played a magnificent AO final in 2001 and in comes a Hingis fan who says that Martina played poorly, is either of them necessarily wrong or 'not objective'? I don't think so. Both are perfectly sane oppinions spoken from the perspective of their respective faves. The thing that usually makes a debate like the Serena vs Capriati thing (and you can replace these two with any other two names) is that fans from both players become very defensive and unwilling to meet each other halfway. It's THEN that objectivity goes out the window and the whole thing turns into a trash talking contest where participants are no longer interested in "the truth", but only in scoring cheap points at the expense of other posters.

The belittling came from the Jennifer-fan first, no?! :shrug: I respect Jennifer and have said many times that she was Serena's ONLY rival and that Serena didn't become SERENA till she learned how to beat Jennifer in big matches.

For the rest no problemos...

doomsday
Jul 11th, 2011, 02:07 PM
The belittling came from the Jennifer-fan first, no?! :shrug: I respect Jennifer and have said many times that she was Serena's ONLY rival and that Serena didn't become SERENA till she learned how to beat Jennifer in big matches.

For the rest no problemos...

She wasn't Serena's ONLY rival :lol: and if you think so it's pathetic to see that Serena was struggling so much against a player who won like what? 14 titles in her whole career:tape:

bandabou
Jul 11th, 2011, 02:25 PM
She wasn't Serena's ONLY rival :lol: and if you think so it's pathetic to see that Serena was struggling so much against a player who won like what? 14 titles in her whole career:tape:

:lol: Since everything is mental for Serena...I think Capriati, apart from Vee but for other reasons, was the ONLY player to get in Serena's head. That's what I meant.

justineheninfan
Jul 11th, 2011, 02:28 PM
The belittling came from the Jennifer-fan first, no?! :shrug:

Of course. Capriati fans seem to think putting down much greater players than their favorite like Serena, Seles, and Henin is a way that is going to help build Capriati up. Bizarre logic at best.

SerenaClijsters
Jul 11th, 2011, 02:34 PM
:help: this thread is going down the wrong path, just like the Kvitova Bandwagoners thread. How the heck did the discussion turn into a Serena-Capriati debate?! Just let it go. Please.

doomsday
Jul 11th, 2011, 02:35 PM
:lol: Since everything is mental for Serena...I think Capriati, apart from Vee but for other reasons, was the ONLY player to get in Serena's head. That's what I meant.

I know what you meant but still. Btw Henin was also in Serena's head back in 2007 and considering Henin's greatness it's very understandable but Capriati, I don't know, having her as most serious rival is kinda weird.

bandabou
Jul 11th, 2011, 02:50 PM
I know what you meant but still. Btw Henin was also in Serena's head back in 2007 and considering Henin's greatness it's very understandable but Capriati, I don't know, having her as most serious rival is kinda weird.

;) I know..oh but at the time that iw as a rivalry Serena wasn't SERENA yet. I only say it that Jennifer MADE Serena become SERENA. The frase: 'I'm so tired of seeing players that I should be beating, ranked ahead of me." To whom do you think it was directed at the time? :lol:

Chrissie-fan
Jul 11th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Of course. Capriati fans seem to think putting down much greater players than their favorite like Serena, Seles, and Henin is a way that is going to help build Capriati up. Bizarre logic at best.
All those you mention were greater players than Capriati. Nobody can dispute that looking at their career achievements. The only thing I (and I'm only speaking for myself) would like to see is fans of those players admitting that Jen was a great player as well and that she won her slams and reached #1 because she was that good and not because it was a "weak era" (yeah, right :rolleyes:) or her opponents played poorly - nothing more, nothing less. Nothing wrong with us Cappy fans speculating on the "could have beens" of her life and career though. Every fairminded person will have to admit that there are more of those in her career than in most others. But the "could have beens" don't change the facts as shown in the records of those players' careers. As long as Cappy fans admit that Serena, Justine, Venus, etc were greater because they have their records to show for it, and fans of those players agree that Jen was a great player as well and that she potentially could have been even greater than she was, there's no reason why we shouldn't get along. ;)

And just for the record - I don't subscribe to the doping accusations in this thread. Unless someone has evidence to the contrary, for me Justine's career is the result of her great talent and strong work ethic, period.

GAGAlady
Jul 11th, 2011, 03:57 PM

Your full of crap. When will you top putting words in other peoples mouths? Seriously. Its getting old!!

Serena: Respect respect RESPECT this Biatch soooooo much. So talented so gifted SO the best this generation has and last and so on and so forth.:worship::worship:

JUSTINE: Amazing athelet...passionate and also talented. Never said anyting less....:confused::wavey:

SELES: Legend...need I say more:hearts::kiss:

YOU are full of dumb, wrong, incorrect false and misleading ideals about "us capriati fans"

Why dont you not make a comment? Why dont you figure out what it is we are REALLY trying to say...instead of ASSUMING we are all bashing Serena monica and your precious Justine...we never bashed anyone.

I love all 4 ladies. always have. Peace.:help:

And seriously...you need help understanding english...seriously...

hingisGOAT
Jul 11th, 2011, 10:48 PM
chrissie-fan's posts are always words of wisdom :worship:

Matt01
Jul 11th, 2011, 11:58 PM
chrissie-fan's posts are always words of wisdom :worship:

They are.

So when will Capriati come back? :scratch: :confused:

Novichok
Jul 12th, 2011, 12:03 AM

All roads lead to Serena, Caroline, or The Hand.

Smitten
Jul 12th, 2011, 11:05 AM
It's no coincidence how Capriati fans also turn out to be fans of Karolina, Jankovic, or both. Not surprised at all.

RenaSlam.
Jul 12th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Jennifer could NEVA.

GAGAlady
Jul 14th, 2011, 11:29 PM
It's no coincidence how Capriati fans also turn out to be fans of Karolina, Jankovic, or both. Not surprised at all.

Karolina? u mean caroline? im not a fan of the:confused::confused: pusher.:confused::wavey:

pascal77
Jul 14th, 2011, 11:46 PM
She possibly can come back to play wheel-chair tennis (of course, wheel chair for her should be solid and strong enough) or play such matches like who can take drugs while playing tennis.:lol: :eek: :o

GAGAlady
Jul 15th, 2011, 12:09 AM
She possibly can come back to play wheel-chair tennis (of course, wheel chair for her should be solid and strong enough) or play such matches like who can take drugs while playing tennis.:lol: :eek: :o

your from china so i forgive u.:rolleyes:

pascal77
Jul 15th, 2011, 12:24 AM
your from china so i forgive u.:rolleyes:

You are from Canada, a country where no any tennis player can ever reach the third round in slam nowadays, so i forgive you too. :eek:

GAGAlady
Jul 15th, 2011, 12:51 AM
You are from Canada, a country where no any tennis player can ever reach the third round in slam nowadays, so i forgive you too. :eek:

oooooh....that was a goood one.:help::lol:

china vs canada.

well...ill give u the tennis results. not sure about much else tho.

I hear china is a pretty dirty country:):kiss: maybe you should come to canada...we can show u how to live a more enviromentaly friendly life:)

GAGAlady
Jul 15th, 2011, 12:54 AM
i mean dont get me wrong..i love the great wall of china...and chinese ducks and pekenese dogs and cheap chinese goods...

plus...china makes a mean battle tank....

AkademiQ
Jul 15th, 2011, 12:56 AM

Or the senior tour. But with all the problems she's had the last several years she won't be good for either.

pascal77
Jul 15th, 2011, 01:42 AM
oooooh....that was a goood one.:help::lol:

china vs canada.

well...ill give u the tennis results. not sure about much else tho.

I hear china is a pretty dirty country:):kiss: maybe you should come to canada...we can show u how to live a more enviromentaly friendly life:)

i dont give any shit to your so-called environmentally friendly country, it's not my concern. The only thing i know about your country is in tennis world, almost Canadian players are a bunch of idiots even they are provided with better training conditions.They even cant win some Micky-mouse tournments. Also I hope Candadians can eat less and exercise more for i am sick of seeing so many super fatties from your country.

LoveFifteen
Jul 15th, 2011, 03:37 AM

:spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit:

*TOTAL DEATH*

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

I would pay money to see that HOT ASS MESS. :lol:

GAGAlady
Jul 15th, 2011, 06:07 AM
i dont give any shit to your so-called environmentally friendly country, it's not my concern. The only thing i know about your country is in tennis world, almost Canadian players are a bunch of idiots even they are provided with better training conditions.They even cant win some Micky-mouse tournments. Also I hope Candadians can eat less and exercise more for i am sick of seeing so many super fatties from your country.

Please:o your country is full of UGLY SKINNY people...and? your point is? Ugly skinny vs Fat and pretty...

wait:help::lick:....Canada is not full of fat people. Thats AMERICA darling. Does your Communist Party not pay for schooling these days?:confused: Because your facts are off.:kiss:

And ive seen some pretty fat ugly chinese girls...lol...dont get me started with the men...if u can call yourselves men. haha small men maybe...with small ...*&^%$ LOL :tape::tape:

GAGAlady
Jul 15th, 2011, 06:09 AM
then again wit over a billion of you...ther may be the odd one that has a big c))k, i mean...miracles DO happen....

lol