PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Be The WTA's Next Glamour Girl?

backslapu
Jul 4th, 2011, 05:14 AM
Besides Kournikova, Sharapova, Serena, and Venus, the WTA really has had a star on a global scale that's huge in every country, mainly in the US.

I always thought Vaidisova would do it, but she just fizzled. I thought the same about Ivanovic, and she fizzled.

The two with the most potential right now are probably Wozniaki & Azarenka, but they'll struggle to get this title w/o Grand Slam titles.

So who will be the next glamor girl? Feel free to post about newcomers, juniors, post pics, vids, etc.

razzer
Jul 4th, 2011, 05:18 AM
kvitova. she just need some make over and 1000 abdominal crunches a day.

danieln1
Jul 4th, 2011, 05:20 AM
What???

It´s Ivanovic..... she´s the glamour girl of the new genaration, but she´s lacking the results after she slam

backslapu
Jul 4th, 2011, 05:24 AM
What???

It´s Ivanovic..... she´s the glamour girl of the new genaration, but she´s lacking the results after she slam

I'm talking girls that can have commercials on TV around the world, major endorsement deals, interviews on late night talk shows, high profile magazine covers. etc. Ana is definitely glamorous, but I don't see that for her unless she starts winning again, and winning majors.

backslapu
Jul 4th, 2011, 05:24 AM
kvitova. she just need some make over and 1000 abdominal crunches a day.

She said she doesn't want that, she justs wants to be a normal girl....which is a shame bc if she did what you said, she would be amazing bc her face and eyes are gorgeous already!

Dav.
Jul 4th, 2011, 05:29 AM
I've been watching a few old Kournikova matches and it's incredible to see how she captivated audiences and was consistently featured on television courts. The DVDs I have feature TV summaries from various channels after each match as well and far surpasses the attention Sharapocva receieves.

ArturoAce.
Jul 4th, 2011, 05:29 AM
Lisicki or maybe Azarenka.

ZAK
Jul 4th, 2011, 05:34 AM
Azarenka has the right look.

ArturoAce.
Jul 4th, 2011, 05:35 AM
Azarenka has the right look.

I think she's pretty American washed too.

danieln1
Jul 4th, 2011, 05:37 AM
I'm talking girls that can have commercials on TV around the world, major endorsement deals, interviews on late night talk shows, high profile magazine covers. etc. Ana is definitely glamorous, but I don't see that for her unless she starts winning again, and winning majors.

But Ana knows how to deal with press and interviews... it´s just too bad she´s becoming irrelevant after such shocking losses...

But Caroline could be the next glamour girl, she´s beautiful also

ZAK
Jul 4th, 2011, 05:37 AM
But you'd think she have made more of an impact by now. Maybe now that she's getting deeper into majors

Dav.
Jul 4th, 2011, 05:39 AM
Ivanovic doesn't carry herself in the way Kournikova did. The latter was very ethereal and sexy, but Ana is more whimsical. I think the combination is what makes a sex symbol.

[/overanalyze]

AnomyBC
Jul 4th, 2011, 05:48 AM
Obviously the next glamour girl is Wozniacki. I don't think there's much doubt. I don't think Kvitova, Azarenka and Lisicki are attractive enough. Cibulkova and Cirstea both have a lot of glamour girl potential, but they need to get into the Top 10 and get some better results first. And Ivanovic already is (or was?) a glamour girl, so she can't be the next one.

Oh, and Goerges is a possibility too.

Dav.
Jul 4th, 2011, 05:50 AM
Obviously the next glamour girl is Wozniacki. I don't think there's much doubt. I don't think Kvitova, Azarenka and Lisicki are attractive enough. Cibulkova and Cirstea both have a lot of glamour girl potential, but they need to get into the Top 10 and get some better results first. And Ivanovic already is (or was?) a glamour girl, so she can't be the next one.

I do think Cirstea has the most potential, she reminds me a lot of Kournikova personality-wise. She's not quite as talented, though.

danieln1
Jul 4th, 2011, 05:55 AM

This.

Ivanovic is already a Glamour Girl.

I think Wozniacki is quicly becoming the next glamour girl, even with her lack of great result at the Majors. Cirstea could become the next one IF she starts winning some important matches.

Mike81
Jul 4th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Sabine Lisicki. Not attractive enough? bah. Should have seen her in the crowd watching the men's final :hearts: She's adorable all the time though :kiss:

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/247928_1896488766637_1074143435_2095194_7599181_n. jpg

Fragglespank
Jul 4th, 2011, 10:46 AM
^What Mike said. :lick:

Mike81
Jul 4th, 2011, 11:04 AM
^What Mike said. :lick:

I like the way you think :cool:

madmax
Jul 4th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Julia Gorgeous is already a new glamour girl. All she needs to do is to win a slam to validate this position:cheer:

cowsonice
Jul 4th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Vika can be WTA's Blake Lively...if only she didn't hoot like an owl during matches

Mike81
Jul 4th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Vika looks more like Ke$ha in my opinion than Blake Lively

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgYDJ3ULq2RUgN_F9Dz2lecz7C7fNd4 SIa1MdVXTxvK3Y7t0UfQg

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1NlvicmKkH1dwhfHS4qVaGk6ysT4SO KxGkWbdPFmAMeG9tGLf

Frontin
Jul 4th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Honestly, I think Vika/Sabine is more attractive then Caro.

But what do I know, I don't go for girls lol

thegreendestiny
Jul 4th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Besides Kournikova, Sharapova, Serena, and Venus, the WTA really has had a star on a global scale that's huge in every country, mainly in the US.

:spit:

They're not really globally known as "glamour" girls. They're more of like super athletes instead but not so much glamour. :lol:

perseus2006
Jul 4th, 2011, 01:02 PM
No doubt it will be Sheila O'Connor who, turning 4 in August, can already hit the ball over the net, when she tries really hard, and keep it inbounds!

Slutiana
Jul 4th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Honestly, I think Vika/Sabine is more attractive then Caro.

But what do I know, I don't go for girls lol
No, you're right. Wozniacki isn't pretty (Kournikova, Ana) or Stylish (Masha) enough to be a "glamour girl". She's just... Wozniacki. :lol: And anyway, she's world number one now and fucking everywhere. If she was going to become a crossover star, it would have happened already.

I do think Julia could be, but I think it depends on her results.

Chip.
Jul 4th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Sabine Lisicki. Not attractive enough? bah. Should have seen her in the crowd watching the men's final :hearts: She's adorable all the time though :kiss:

Yes, she looked great :inlove:

Mynarco
Jul 4th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Wozniacki has almost everything. She is Blonde, she is from Europe, she is #1 (which people who don't follow tennis usually first pay attention to), she is well accomplished on tour so far.
Only a couple of slams will complete the whole glamour girl thing

Wiggly
Jul 4th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Wozniacki has almost everything. She is Blonde, she is from Europe, she is #1 (which people who don't follow tennis usually first pay attention to), she is well accomplished on tour so far.
Only a couple of slams will complete the whole glamour girl thing

Caroline could make it if her PR team would finally understand that being the safe PR corporate machine that she is will not get her anywhere.
Playing the Miss Sunshine little blonde bombshell can only get you so far.

She needs to be more witty, more funny without trying too hard. Needs to find a way to get attention on her own, without relying on Djokovic.

Zvonapova
Jul 4th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Lisicki is more attractive than Azarenka IMO. Plus she has a more likeable character. I think she won a lot of people over with her Wimbledon run. I first noticed how physically attractive she was when she played Christina McHale in Fed Cup action a few months back. Hey, I like pretty women...shoot me lol ;)

KournikovaFan91
Jul 4th, 2011, 04:13 PM
I've been watching a few old Kournikova matches and it's incredible to see how she captivated audiences and was consistently featured on television courts. The DVDs I have feature TV summaries from various channels after each match as well and far surpasses the attention Sharapocva receieves.

:sobbing:

I know. So sad her career was so short :sobbing:

SoBlackAndBlue
Jul 4th, 2011, 04:19 PM

You don't find Serena very attractive either, do you? Didn't stop her from becoming a "glamour girl".

At any rate, I think azrenka's more attractive than fivehead Wozniacki.

moby
Jul 4th, 2011, 04:56 PM
No, you're right. Wozniacki isn't pretty (Kournikova, Ana) or Stylish (Masha) enough to be a "glamour girl". She's just... Wozniacki. :lol: And anyway, she's world number one now and fucking everywhere. If she was going to become a crossover star, it would have happened already.Wozniacki is too accessible in the girl-next-door-coming-over-to-my-house way to be a glamour girl.
But that's her appeal anyway, and it works for her.

currie84
Jul 4th, 2011, 04:59 PM
No, you're right. Wozniacki isn't pretty (Kournikova, Ana) or Stylish (Masha) enough to be a "glamour girl". She's just... Wozniacki. :lol: And anyway, she's world number one now and fucking everywhere. If she was going to become a crossover star, it would have happened already.

I do think Julia could be, but I think it depends on her results.

I'm not a fan of her but Wozniacki aint pretty?wtf,some pretty damn high standards here

DeliriousPotato
Jul 4th, 2011, 05:03 PM
After seeing the Wimby Ball photos, I would say that Petra could easily fit into that category if she wanted to...
Julia is already a Glam Girl for me, but being born friggin gorgeous didn't harm her :sobbing:

marineblue
Jul 4th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Well, in my opinion Ana has been WTA's no.1 glamour girl since about 2006. I don't think anyone from tour's top players can compete with her in the looks department. Although Goerges and Petkovic have a chance.

Mynarco
Jul 4th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Well, in my opinion Ana has been WTA's no.1 glamour girl since about 2006. I don't think anyone from tour's top players can compete with her in the looks department. Although Goerges and Petkovic have a chance.

Nope

C. Drone
Jul 4th, 2011, 05:15 PM
:hysteric: @ those Lisicki "collages" in every thread.

18majors
Jul 4th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Petra.

it-girl
Jul 4th, 2011, 05:25 PM

They're not really globally known as "glamour" girls. They're more of like super athletes instead but not so much glamour. :lol:They are known to be glamour girls around the world.

Definition of glamour:
1. The attractive or exciting quality that makes certain people or things seem appealing or special.

Definition of glamorous:
1. possessing glamour; alluring and fascinating.

Being a glamour girl means that you are marketable and can appeal to the masses, which is exactly what Venus and Serena do. They are both huge superstars with careers that are known around the world. People are very intrigued by Venus and Serena. During Wimbledon they talked about this involving the sisters. The commentators talked about how they were at the Australian Open this year, then at the French Open but they said there was no buzz at either tournament the way it was at Wimbledon when Venus and Serena returned. Lindsay Davenport was also one of the ones who said the same thing. She said that whenever she played in a tournament there was always a buzz when Venus and Serena where there and I see no reason for Lindsay to lie about something that anyone who really pays attention to tennis can see for themselves.

Being glamorous does not mean you are the most beautiful woman in the world. The only player on tour that I think is absolutely beautiful is Ana Ivanovic anyway. But Venus and Serena look very good also and they appeal to a wide range of global fans and are known to be very glamorous. There are several girls who are considered glamour girls who I do not find attractive at all but that does not mean that they are not glamours. Even a lot of supermodels are far from pretty but are still glamorous.

I actually find Caro, Sharapova & Kournikova to be more of your typical glamour and that is not appealing at all to me. Having an exotic look is more appealing to me like Ana, Venus, Serena and Julia to name a few. But that does not mean that all of them are not glamorous, they just appeal in different ways.

Remix13
Jul 4th, 2011, 05:28 PM

If her results were better, Maria Kirilenko would be a serious contender. And she can compete with Ana, who is beautiful too, in the looks departement :)

marineblue
Jul 4th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Oh, yeah, Maria K. Almost forgot about her. Well, it's the results... That is why she lost the contract with Stella McCartney, in fact.

http://tennisnotebook.blogspot.com

SAISAI-GOAT
Jul 4th, 2011, 05:47 PM
we have Wozniacki ... why we need someone else :shrug:

Stevecw
Jul 4th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Goerges is the best hope. She has the looks and the game to back it up. Most of the other best looking players Ana, Kirilenko, Cirstea etc just are too far off the top of the game to be the next big thing.
Caro, might be able to pull it off as she seems to be appearing a lot on tv adds even here where tennis is a very minor sport. I don't see her as glamourous but some do! Vika, Petko, and Petra just don't have the looks to appeal to the public.

Lisicki almost could do it, but hate saying it but those teeth will prevent her from being a glamour girl. She is lovely looking and has a great game, and wimbledon crowd loved her too...but sadly she won't be the glamour girl cos of when she smiles. Sad but true :(

Julia is definitely the best chance of becoming the next "glamour girl"

Spring Pools
Jul 4th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Pre Boob Job Halep :lol:
Most likely Wozniacki if she can win some slams.

Slutiana
Jul 4th, 2011, 07:02 PM
I'm not a fan of her but Wozniacki aint pretty?wtf,some pretty damn high standards here
I didn't say she isn't pretty. I said she isn't pretty enough for people to really go crazy over her because of her looks a la Anna/Ana, and her dress sense is generally tragic. And there are countless prettier players on the WTA than her.

ArturoAce.
Jul 4th, 2011, 09:47 PM
I don't think Caro is a glamour girl either. She doesn't have enough sex appeal or just a "wow" factor to her. You can stare at Anna K for a long time, you can't do the same with caro. :lol:

backslapu
Jul 4th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Plus, whoever it is will have to sound very western, very American. Caroline is like the girl the girls want to be, and the guys think is cute. Azarenka has the potential to be the one guys and girls alike think is sexy (ala Sharapova & Kournikiva). If she could break thru and win a US Open (maybe this year's), I see it for Azarenka

backslapu
Jul 4th, 2011, 10:16 PM
http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID23531/images/aza_0.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Victoria+Azarenka+WTA+Championships+Doha+2010+Amjf m3rJ-wml.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fI6UD1qEGEg/SkLRQL3smfI/AAAAAAAAAp0/qjK9ti3pxtw/s320/Victoria+Azarenka+FHM+hot.jpg

pov
Jul 4th, 2011, 10:21 PM
What???

:lol: Ivanovic is the same generation as Sharapova and has nowhere near the same global appeal

dybbuk
Jul 4th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Plus, whoever it is will have to sound very western, very American. Caroline is like the girl the girls want to be, and the guys think is cute. Azarenka has the potential to be the one guys and girls alike think is sexy (ala Sharapova & Kournikiva). If she could break thru and win a US Open (maybe this year's), I see it for Azarenka

My thoughts exactly. The only one I could see is Azarenka from the current crop. Ivanovic was never a star like Kournikova or Sharapova mainly because she's not American or an honorary American. It's no coincidence almost all of the biggest stars in the history of tennis (Evert, WS, Sharapova, Anna K) were all basically American and spoke perfect English.

pov
Jul 4th, 2011, 10:25 PM
It'll continue to be Maria Sharapova for a while. She didn't win but by putting herself back in the finals at Wimbledon she increased her cache.

young_gunner913
Jul 4th, 2011, 10:36 PM
I think it will be Vika.

currie84
Jul 4th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Andrea Paredes

Break My Rapture
Jul 4th, 2011, 10:45 PM
I don't think Caro is a glamour girl either. She doesn't have enough sex appeal or just a "wow" factor to her. You can stare at Anna K for a long time, you can't do the same with caro. :lol:
This.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fI6UD1qEGEg/SkLRQL3smfI/AAAAAAAAAp0/qjK9ti3pxtw/s320/Victoria+Azarenka+FHM+hot.jpg
:hearts: Has always been one of my favorite off-court pictures from Vika.

Curtos07
Jul 4th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Well, in my opinion Ana has been WTA's no.1 glamour girl since about 2006. I don't think anyone from tour's top players can compete with her in the looks department.

THIS.

And it's not even close.

currie84
Jul 4th, 2011, 10:51 PM

right now Caro>>>>Kournikova.Skinny Anna K isn't remotely attractive anymore

Break My Rapture
Jul 4th, 2011, 10:52 PM
LMAO. No way.

KarlyM*
Jul 4th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Who the heck cares about the next glamour girl? I'm more interested in who will be the next player to step up and TRULY dominate the WTA tour. ;)

Dav.
Jul 4th, 2011, 11:22 PM

Kournikova was far more attractive and carried herself in a much more mature way, but balanced it well with a sweet personality. Wozniacki is pretty and seems to have a good sense of humour, but I don't see much that stands out from the ordinary:
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01709/Caroline_Wozniacki_1709721c.jpg

pav
Jul 4th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Serena and Veus are great athletes and famous,but glamour girls is stretching the term to breaking point!

Elenarulez
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:06 AM
http://e-vestnik.bg/imgs/sport/andrea-paredes.jpg

toxina90
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:17 AM
I think she's pretty American washed too.

backslapu
Jul 5th, 2011, 01:09 AM
Any upcoming juniors that could be the star of their generation???

Mike81
Jul 5th, 2011, 02:02 AM
:hysteric: @ those Lisicki "collages" in every thread.

About time I made another one to keep things fresh :cool: Here's my latest :lick:

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/267966_1999394219209_1074143435_2196761_670031_n.j pg

Oh SABINE!! You are Gorgeous! :hearts::kiss::worship::cool::angel::lick:

tennisbum79
Jul 5th, 2011, 02:36 AM
I am sorry, I don't think women palyers are concerned with glamor.
That was done with Anna K. leaving tennis(she really never officialy retired)
Some journalist tri to pin that on Daniel H. by constantly comparing her to Audrey Hepburn, but I don't think that is her thing.
Eventauly, they dropped the nonsense.

keithb1961
Jul 5th, 2011, 07:02 AM
About time I made another one to keep things fresh :cool: Here's my latest :lick:

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/267966_1999394219209_1074143435_2196761_670031_n.j pg

:cheer::hearts:

austennisfan
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:16 AM
It's a shame mandy minella isn't near the top of the rankings as she could easily be the new glamour girl. Alize Lim is another who could be it if her ranking was higher.

M.P
Jul 6th, 2011, 07:54 AM

Oh SABINE!! You are Gorgeous! :hearts::kiss::worship::cool::angel::lick:

she is too big, and her ugly horse teeth wont

Mike81
Jul 6th, 2011, 08:11 AM

Another boring anti Sabine post :rolleyes:

Too big? she's a nice weight. Give me a beautiful 'big girl' like Sabine anyday over emaciated Hantuchova. Yeah I guess Sabine's probably considered overweight compared to some girls with anorexia. OMG.

Another shot at her teeth. Boring! Is there are a girl with amazing supermodel beauty in the WTA anyway? seriously there isn't really anyone 'flawless', they are tennis players and athletes there's plenty of pretty girls but not many that look like a supermodel might, although I love Sabine and think she's beautiful and unique :kiss::hearts:

P.S. You call my fave ugly but you like butherface Jankovic. LOL! :lol:

Mike81
Jul 6th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Lisicki almost could do it, but hate saying it but those teeth will prevent her from being a glamour girl. She is lovely looking and has a great game, and wimbledon crowd loved her too...but sadly she won't be the glamour girl cos of when she smiles. Sad but true :(

Funny that her smile is just about her most complimented attribute by fans, yet you are saying this costs her glamour girl status because of her teeth.

I guess you can have two types of glamour girls. One that conforms to a typical glamour 'mould'. A Sharapova with blonde hair and a generically pretty face, or a different one that breaks the mould like Sabine who is very sweet, pretty and interesting. There have been supermodels that have made it big despite having less than 'perfect' teeth. For example in the link below, the model pictured was a big favourite of mine years ago. I guess I've never been one to discount a woman's looks because of her teeth.

http://conversationsfamouspeople.blogspot.com/2005/05/snaggletooth.html

CillyUltra
Jul 6th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Lisicki is a natural limelight performer, no doubt about it. She's full of positive emotions which is always appealing. And don't forget IMG. They did a great job in selling her even when she was 200+ in the ranking.

Zvonapova
Jul 6th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Funny that her smile is just about her most complimented attribute by fans, yet you are saying this costs her glamour girl status because of her teeth.

I guess you can have two types of glamour girls. One that conforms to a typical glamour 'mould'. A Sharapova with blonde hair and a generically pretty face, or a different one that breaks the mould like Sabine who is very sweet, pretty and interesting. There have been supermodels that have made it big despite having less than 'perfect' teeth. For example in the link below, the model pictured was a big favourite of mine years ago. I guess I've never been one to discount a woman's looks because of her teeth.

http://conversationsfamouspeople.blogspot.com/2005/05/snaggletooth.html

Call me crazy, but I find Lisicki and Jankovic attractive lol. I would definitely say Lisicki is the better looking of the two overall, but Jelena's body gets a very slight edge, if that makes any sense? :shrug:

chavet
Jul 6th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Serena and Veus are great athletes and famous,but glamour girls is stretching the term to breaking point!

100 % agree and well put :)

chavet
Jul 6th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Up coming Glamour girls could be Valeria Savinykh, she is really beautiful but she has to better herself on courts

GoofyDuck
Jul 6th, 2011, 11:50 PM
JJ will arise from the ashes, reborn like a phoenix.
Ready to conquer the WTA tour once more!

http://www.instablogsimages.com/images/2009/10/27/jelena-jankovic-saree-show-ap-venus-serena-williams-in-background_bzI1p_17022.jpg

Mike81
Jul 7th, 2011, 01:17 AM
Call me crazy, but I find Lisicki and Jankovic attractive lol. I would definitely say Lisicki is the better looking of the two overall, but Jelena's body gets a very slight edge, if that makes any sense? :shrug:

I'm sorry but I do not find Jankovic's face appealing at all :tape: and Sabine has a really nice body in my opinion :lick: and much prettier face than Jankovic.

gc-spurs
Jul 7th, 2011, 01:56 AM

This is a pretty important point and its part of the reason the likes of Sharapova and Kournikova are popular asides from being stunning ladies. They speak straight Americanised english and appeal to Westerners, but at the same time have their accents (Kournikova more so) and phrase the way they speak differently and have their Russian backgrounds/pretend to be Russian :oh: so they have international appeal as well. They also both carry themselves in an intense way (though differently) that screams 'UNATTAINABLE'. The next glamour girl has a LOT to live up to. Sharapova did it well meeting Kournikova standards AND had results. The next kid has some pretty big shoes to fill (LITERALLY cause Sharapova wears size 10 :hysteric:).

This is why I would say Azarenka over Woz. Azarenka speaks easier for Western ears, and doesn't have the girl-next-door personality that Woz has. Woz is so accessible which is a good thing, but as a result is a guys-girl, girls-girl not having the unattainable factor that Kournipova has.

Ballbasher
Jul 7th, 2011, 02:05 AM
Caroline, Sabine, Julia, Victoria are all good-looking, but they all lack some kind of wow factor in my eyes. :shrug:
Ana could have been it at one point, but her hideous slump after her slam prevented it. However she never got big in the US, which is fairly important, I guess!
I can't really imagine some kind of supernova coming up soon. :o

Ballbasher
Jul 7th, 2011, 02:09 AM
This is a pretty important point and its part of the reason the likes of Sharapova and Kournikova are popular asides from being stunning ladies. They speak straight Americanised english and appeal to Westerners, but at the same time have their accents (Kournikova more so) and phrase the way they speak differently and have their Russian backgrounds/pretend to be Russian :oh: so they have international appeal as well. They also both carry themselves in an intense way (though differently) that screams 'UNATTAINABLE'. The next glamour girl has a LOT to live up to. Sharapova did it well meeting Kournikova standards AND had results. The next kid has some pretty big shoes to fill (LITERALLY cause Sharapova wears size 10 :hysteric:).

This is why I would say Azarenka over Woz. Azarenka speaks easier for Western ears, and doesn't have the girl-next-door personality that Woz has. Woz is so accessible which is a good thing, but as a result is a guys-girl, girls-girl not having the unattainable factor that Kournipova has.
This is extremely important and probably is another reason, why Ana never got THAT big. Part about Caro is true, too, but I can't picture Azarenka becoming big, simply because she is almost too old for a good story. Maria was 17 & Anna 16, when they had all the media attention already. Victoria developed slightly too late in that department, because her rise was rather consistent. Her shot may have been after her first Miami title.

Zvonapova
Jul 7th, 2011, 03:41 AM
I'm sorry but I do not find Jankovic's face appealing at all :tape: and Sabine has a really nice body in my opinion :lick: and much prettier face than Jankovic.

Oh Sabine definitely has a prettier face. They both have great bodies so it definitely wasn't meant to be a knock against Sabine ;)

Mike81
Jul 7th, 2011, 08:48 AM
To be honest Kournikova in her day was a kind of glamour girl noone today really approaches. My fave is Sabine alot more than Anna but Sabine isn't really trying to be sexy anyway, doesn't dress to be sexy and desire such attention like Anna. Anna fit more the mould of blonde bombshell perfectly. Anna was and made look easy with her hot little skirts and shorts. I was a fan of Kournikova pretty much just for shallow reasons due to her how hot she was because back when I was younger, I wasn't as interested in tennis itself as I am now. To seriously say Sharapova is anywhere near as hot as Anna K back in her day makes me laugh though.

BlueTrees
Jul 7th, 2011, 04:00 PM

:wavey:

http://www.bryanspage.com/Dementieva-Yikes.jpg

capt321
Jul 8th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Arantxa Rus,Anastasia Pivovarova and Alize Lim all 3 have the glamour girl appeal but not the rankings.

Gilas.
Jul 8th, 2011, 09:25 PM
It's a close contest between Kaia and Kleybs :cheer:

chavet
Jul 8th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Arantxa Rus,Anastasia Pivovarova and Alize Lim all 3 have the glamour girl appeal but not the rankings.

Saw Rus and Lim in Båstad, for me they are a bit to skinny to be fair ;)

King Halep
Jul 8th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Strycova

backslapu
Jul 8th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Wow! Never heard of Alize Lim but she is really beautiful!

melodynelson
Jul 8th, 2011, 10:25 PM
I don't want a glamour girl, I just want a champion. Although either seems impossible nowadays.

Dav.
Jul 8th, 2011, 10:28 PM

Exactly what I was trying to say. :yeah:

(Although Kournikova definitely had results, especially as a year-end #1, multiple slam champ in doubles.)

Vee Williams
Jul 11th, 2011, 02:45 PM
The next 'glamour girl' needs some results first. Beauty isn't enough. Which would mean that many of the women that are being mentioned in this thread aren't making/won't make the cut.

Dav.
Jul 11th, 2011, 03:32 PM
The next 'glamour girl' needs some results first. Beauty isn't enough. Which would mean that many of the women that are being mentioned in this thread aren't making/won't make the cut.

Yes, Kournikova's '97 and Sharapova's '04 Wimbledon both propelled them to become the glamour girls of the tour. They started seeing great results at 16-17 and the next girl will probably have to do the same.

moemoe
Jul 11th, 2011, 03:35 PM
I honestly think it could be Kvitova. She just needs to do some maintenance on her body. She is tall, blond, and she can win!

BlueTrees
Jul 11th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Eugenie Bouchard :inlove:

http://d1.img.v4.skyrock.net/d1c/eugenie-bouchard/pics/3012054335_1_5_DUy9fZQX.png

18majors
Jul 11th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Petra it is.

moemoe
Jul 11th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Wow! Never heard of Alize Lim but she is really beautiful!

Yeah she looks like the girl from smallville she really needs to win a Grand Slam and become the next glamour girl.

First I gotta see her play.

DefyingGravity
Jul 11th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Eugenie is cute!

Ryusuke Tenma
Jul 11th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Glamour girls? Who cares about glamour?? This is tennis. It's a sport, not a catwalk. We want champions and girls that are consistently winning matches everywhere (Wozniacki is a good example, but she has to reach her peak. Her peak will be scarily dominant). Glamour? We don't need that.

thegreendestiny
Jul 12th, 2011, 03:22 AM
For one thing, Petra wont. I like her game but after watching her without make-up in her Wimbledon interviews(plus the way she talks), she kinda reminds me of East European hag I've seen in movies before.

Langers
Jul 12th, 2011, 03:29 AM
Glamour girls? Who cares about glamour?? This is tennis. It's a sport, not a catwalk. We want champions and girls that are consistently winning matches everywhere (Wozniacki is a good example, but she has to reach her peak. Her peak will be scarily dominant). Glamour? We don't need that.
:haha:

delicatecutter
Jul 12th, 2011, 03:36 AM
Pironkova. If only she could get her game together. :bigcry:

I actually don't understand the point of this thread. None of these girls will be what Anna Kournikova was.

Wozniacki is neither pretty nor glamorous. Anyone remember what a joke she looked like wearing those Stella dresses that fit Kirilenko to perfection? :spit:

In any case, I guess this is Sharapova's until anyone else who is prettier (and there are tons) has enough game/connections to surpass her.

Zvonapova
Jul 12th, 2011, 03:39 AM
:haha:

He goes on the same way about Murray on MTF. You have to admire his loyalty to his fav players if nothing else lol.

Julian.
Jul 12th, 2011, 03:45 AM
Daria Sharapova

http://www.copacasablanca.com.mx/galerias/Diciembre_28_2010/18yMenores/slides/DARIA%20SHARAPOVA%20(1).JPG

thegreendestiny
Jul 12th, 2011, 04:01 AM
Daria Sharapova

http://www.copacasablanca.com.mx/galerias/Diciembre_28_2010/18yMenores/slides/DARIA%20SHARAPOVA%20(1).JPG

Whoah, they grow up so fast. :eek:

Julian.
Jul 12th, 2011, 04:18 AM
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2091/t8ot78.png
Daria Sharapova

backslapu
Jul 12th, 2011, 04:25 AM

Yeah well, in your world where Bartoli, Schiavone, and Stosur rule the world, NO ONE watches tennis.

In a world where Sharapova, Azarenka, Ivanovic, Wozniacki rule tennis, people become interested. It's the truth and you can't deny it.

If Maria,Caroline,Vika, Serena, and Ivanovic dominated like Nadal, Federer, and Djokovic, just imagine how popular the WTA would be... :worship::worship::worship:

backslapu
Jul 12th, 2011, 04:26 AM
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2091/t8ot78.png
Daria Sharapova

I know I'm probably super late, but.... are they related?

Julian.
Jul 12th, 2011, 04:27 AM
I know I'm probably super late, but.... are they related?

Yes, Daria is Maria's younger cousin.

Curtos07
Jul 12th, 2011, 04:29 AM
The Glam Slam 2008 AO final. At that time, I thought there would be more than one of those in the future. :sad: WTA sure would have loved it.

backslapu
Jul 12th, 2011, 05:01 AM
Yes, Daria is Maria's younger cousin.

Ok...she's 16....she's not ranked....I don't know about this one :lol: