PDA

View Full Version : Public Service Announcement!

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 3rd, 2011, 11:09 PM
As you all know, thread-starting in The Siberian Siren is considered SERIOUS BUSINESS and can forever make (me. :p :angel:) or break (Caio... :awww: :hug:) a poster's standing in the ranks of fellow SS post-whores. Therefore, the honor of opening the final Grand Slam thread of the year should be a hard earned privilege and not just a "whoever comes first" kind of thing. :angel:

But how on earth should we determine this? :scratch:

Well, easy.

We vote!!! :bounce:

Everyone will have up to three votes (1 is mandatory) and can write in the name of the posters (s)he deserves to open the thread.
Your No.1 pick will reveive 100 points.
Your No.2 pick will reveive 70 points.
Your No.3 pick will reveive 40 points.

You cannot vote for the same poster 3 times.

:)

Before you vote, take a minute to go through the past few pages of SS threads and take a look at the tournaments / results and the posters who created the threads. :)

Ps. To the winner: You MUST NOT include "Mission:..." in the US Open thread title even if your name is Marilyn Monheaux. That sh!t is played. :o

VOTE HERE! (http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/M7D6XQB)

ETA: Everybody feel free to campaign for yourselves:

Shameless plug: Miami - Rome - Wimbledon. Word. :cool:

lefty24
Jul 3rd, 2011, 11:36 PM
Great idea :yeah:

and now I'm gonna make a speech:
guys I might be a ball girl for the US Open so you should vote for me... :rocker:

I hope this isn't cheating

MaitaBaby
Jul 4th, 2011, 12:04 AM
:lol:

JamieOwen3
Jul 4th, 2011, 12:13 AM
I was supposed to open the birmingham thread *which was to be my first ever tournament thread* i think i am the only long time poster who has not opened one.
Yes it is possible to open a thread with my phone. Plz vote for me and when i get my laptop back i will make highlights of all of maria's recent matches where she has played great tennis. :devil: :angel:
P.s i request u go back being virginmary. :kiss:

Lucas_Arg
Jul 4th, 2011, 03:06 AM
This is too much guys...

Craig.
Jul 4th, 2011, 03:12 AM
1. Sharpiefan1234
2. !VamosRafa!
3. Spiffy's banned ass

MaitaBaby
Jul 4th, 2011, 03:22 AM
Dead at them picks.

perseus2006
Jul 4th, 2011, 04:36 AM
We have two great candidates in JamieO and Lefty - who else wants it? There are so many great posters in SS but it will be hard to deny JamieO's claim.

MarilynM: Shouldn't there be a campaign season with the vote on some specific date in the future?

perseus2006
Jul 4th, 2011, 04:39 AM
The rules say "you can't vote for the same person 3 times".

I assume, then, that I can vote for the same poster twice, right?

Lachy
Jul 4th, 2011, 06:07 AM
Miami - Rome - Wimbledon...dunno if there is a bigger omen than that? :spit: :rocker2:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 4th, 2011, 09:38 AM
We have two great candidates in JamieO and Lefty - who else wants it? There are so many great posters in SS but it will be hard to deny JamieO's claim.

MarilynM: Shouldn't there be a campaign season with the vote on some specific date in the future?

Nope. We don't have time.

The rules say "you can't vote for the same person 3 times".

I assume, then, that I can vote for the same poster twice, right?

Exxxxactly.

Break My Rapture
Jul 4th, 2011, 11:05 AM
First of all, we also need a new thread(s) for the USO Series tourneys Maria will play. One thread (the one started by !VamosRafa!) for all of them is not practical, we are defo going to reach multiple volumes with that. Plus that thread is a poll instead of a tournament thread.

Second, voted.

perseus2006
Jul 4th, 2011, 11:33 AM
MarilynM, Being overwhelmed by the implied urgency I rushed off to cast my ballot at the VOTE NOW link.

Of course I cast the first two votes for JamieO out of sympathy for her earlier disappointment and hoping she would joyously accept the honor of opening the USO thread.

The third vote was a nod to Teerin, who has been a major force on SS even though he has been a bit negligent recently, regardless of his reincarnation as Pi and advanced academic standing.

The problem: Sadly, my German is limited to "Das ist nicht bleu!". I just want to be assured that my votes went through as cast when I clicked on "Fertig", which I assumed meant Complete or Finished, rather than an acronym saying something like "For Ever Reject These Individual Girls/Guys".

Also, when does this Vote end?

Finally, is there a way to see the tally as it develops?

It is to be hoped I won't have to pester you further on this subject.

Good job getting this vote organized and implemented. Thanks!

perseus2006
Jul 4th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Can this Dustin975 be shown to the dustbin - how dare it invade SS with trivial advertising!

perseus2006
Jul 4th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Opening the USOS tournament threads could go the the second, third and fourth runner's up?!?

Mistress of Evil
Jul 4th, 2011, 12:04 PM
VOTED :cheer:
SS is reaching new heights :spit:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 4th, 2011, 12:55 PM
MarilynM, Being overwhelmed by the implied urgency I rushed off to cast my ballot at the VOTE NOW link.

Of course I cast the first two votes for JamieO out of sympathy for her earlier disappointment and hoping she would joyously accept the honor of opening the USO thread.

The third vote was a nod to Teerin, who has been a major force on SS even though he has been a bit negligent recently, regardless of his reincarnation as Pi and advanced academic standing.

The problem: Sadly, my German is limited to "Das ist nicht bleu!". I just want to be assured that my votes went through as cast when I clicked on "Fertig", which I assumed meant Complete or Finished, rather than an acronym saying something like "For Ever Reject These Individual Girls/Guys".

Also, when does this Vote end?

Finally, is there a way to see the tally as it develops?

It is to be hoped I won't have to pester you further on this subject.

Good job getting this vote organized and implemented. Thanks!

Opening the USOS tournament threads could go the the second, third and fourth runner's up?!?

1. I think Jamie is a lad not a lady. :awww:

2. Fertig is done. ;)

3. Voting ends at the end of the US Open Series. Whoever wants to open the threads can do just that. We don't need to vote on everything. :lol:

4. Nope. You cannot see a tally, since a) it's a write-in and b) I'm the only one who has access to it. :oh:

nelsondan
Jul 4th, 2011, 03:34 PM
In the united states of America, we have political party which is in dire need of a structure for choosing it's presidential nominee for 2012. I am speaking of the republicans, who do have a lot of money available.

Is there any chance you could devise a way for them to choose someone who will not embarrass them?

Maria Croft
Jul 4th, 2011, 08:40 PM
I actually never cared about opening tournament threads (and I almost never do) but I want to open the US Open thread just because I'm a little tired about people crying jinx left and right all the time.

MaitaBaby
Jul 4th, 2011, 08:53 PM
In the united states of America, we have political party which is in dire need of a structure for choosing it's presidential nominee for 2012. I am speaking of the republicans, who do have a lot of money available.

Is there any chance you could devise a way for them to choose someone who will not embarrass them?

:angel:

JamieOwen3
Jul 6th, 2011, 01:03 AM
1. I think Jamie is a lad not a lady. :awww:

2. Fertig is done. ;)

3. Voting ends at the end of the US Open Series. Whoever wants to open the threads can do just that. We don't need to vote on everything. :lol:

4. Nope. You cannot see a tally, since a) it's a write-in and b) I'm the only one who has access to it. :oh:

@ #1. Yeah right! Not the first time that mistake has happened in ss :lol: and ive even done it myself. Is it cuz ppl think most maria fans are girls?
And btw i changed my mind about opening the thread as i want to open one when i can put a banner to go with it. Cant do that on my phone, but it never really was in doubt about me making those highlights when i get my laptop back :lol:

doooma6816
Jul 6th, 2011, 02:55 AM
voted. ;)

perseus2006
Jul 6th, 2011, 03:46 AM
@ #1. Yeah right! Not the first time that mistake has happened in ss :lol: and ive even done it myself. Is it cuz ppl think most maria fans are girls?
And btw i changed my mind about opening the thread as i want to open one when i can put a banner to go with it. Cant do that on my phone, but it never really was in doubt about me making those highlights when i get my laptop back :lol:

Sorry about that JamieO! I know three "Jamies" and they are all girls, that's the basis for my error.

The USO thread doesn't need to be opened 'til late August. How long will it take to get your laptop back?

claypova
Jul 6th, 2011, 08:50 AM
LMAO :o

GrandMartha
Jul 6th, 2011, 11:07 AM
:facepalm: