PDA

View Full Version : Any Su-Wei info?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Steveg
Mar 5th, 2003, 12:00 PM
Before Hochiminh City, she will play Taiwanese local event first, so we will see how good is she at this moment...
Is it in Taipei? If so, I am looking forward some feedback regarding Su-Wei shape on court from... Grace :wavey: . Please support Su-Wei for us, will you :) ?

I do hope she will have fun on court and I definitely have faiths for her about her tennis competitions and career, but I think we should be realistic as well :).I have the impression we are posting the same idea. It is just a question of semantics :) .

BasicTennis
Mar 5th, 2003, 12:10 PM
And what about Marion Bartoli :) . She is having promising results in singles AND doubles :D .

Her style is based on two-handed backhand and forehand too.

sorry but Marion is having bad loses right now.;)

my point is, Su Wei & Marion could be better players if they let go of this double-handed strokes. I would really pitty them if the continue with this style. :sad: Their promising talent would go to waste IMO. :rolleyes:

köj-è
Mar 5th, 2003, 12:16 PM
Su Wei! :D :wavey:

lin
Mar 5th, 2003, 01:24 PM
Japan's tennis school?! Maybe that's why Janpan's tennis is so strong. So many top Japanese players in WTA comparing to China :sad: :sad: :sad:

I think it's because there are better facilities and system in Japan compared to China right now. China just starts to develop tennis recently, I think maybe one day they will catch up Japanese tennis :) .

Are you from China, Xin? :)

Steveg
Mar 5th, 2003, 01:26 PM
sorry but Marion is having bad loses right now.;)

my point is, Su Wei & Marion could be better players if they let go of this double-handed strokes. I would really pitty them if the continue with this style. :sad: Their promising talent would go to waste IMO. :rolleyes:
For the first time Marion broke into the top 100 (singles), at the beginning of the season.

In singles she reached the SF at Canberra. She lost in Scottsdale against Stéphanie Cohen-Aloro (in a third set tie-break) who is in top shape at the moment. At the Pacific Life Open, Marion qualified for the main draw winning her first match 60 60 and her second match 62 64. She won her R1 match in straight sets against Nagyova.

She has no points to defend this week so that after this tourney, her ranking will go up again.

Looking at Marion singles ranking evolution since middle of last year, I find it very promising (cf. attached file).

In doubles, Marion and Stéphanie reached the SF at Scottsdale and lost to Ai / Kim beating in R1 Dokic / Bedanova on the score of 60 62. In February, Marion and Stéphanie reached the doubles final of the Open Gaz de France losing only in the tie-break of the third set the final.

Marion started the season ranked #256 in doubles. She is now #93 .

Her double-handed game is not preventing her from developing an offensive game, as her doubles results show.

In terms of prize money (aggregate of singles and doubles WTA results), Marion is currently #63 in the world.

Marion is therefore overall having good and promising results this year.

Others seem to have the same impression as this report from Indian Wells indicates :
Former junior star Bartoli, an aggressive powerhouse with a two-handed forehand, was attracting a lot of interest today. Our collaborator C******** told us that José Higueras, a local resident and formerly coach of Jim Courier and Pete Sampras, was among those checking out the highly-touted French teenager.

Steveg
Mar 5th, 2003, 06:08 PM
I came accross these pics of Su-Wei from last year :) . It is the first time I see these photos.

I am posting only the links for copyright reasons :angel: :

Photo 1 (http://www.kids-tennis.com/mannys%20french/girls%20d%20.jpg)

Photo 2 (http://www.kids-tennis.com/mannys%20french/kappa%20.jpg)

The second photo is so funny :D .

Rising Sun
Mar 5th, 2003, 06:29 PM
Haha, I love the 2nd pic! :p
It captures Su-Wei's wonderful sense of humour well. ;)

I had forgotten all about her reaching the Doubles final. :o

adlysha babalu
Mar 6th, 2003, 02:00 AM
:bounce: :wavey: woohhoo...su-wei is on the board!! :worship:
WWEEELLLCCCOOMMMEE Su-Wei, hope she post often!!
all the best su-wei and never give up!!!

Come-on-kim
Mar 6th, 2003, 08:15 AM
Welcome Sue-Wei

gorecki
Mar 6th, 2003, 04:26 PM
When does the Ho Chi Minh event begin?

best of luck Su-Wei! Jia You! :)

Steveg
Mar 6th, 2003, 10:35 PM
When does the Ho Chi Minh event begin?

best of luck Su-Wei! Jia You! :)
Hochiminh City tourney starts April 14th :) .

kfh_9118
Mar 7th, 2003, 08:53 AM
:bounce: :bounce:

Can't wait to see Su Wei in action :) Steve, I think wynne will play here as well. She mentioned that she will play lower tier tournaments now to get back her confidence. I think this is really a wise decision :)

gorecki
Mar 7th, 2003, 09:41 AM
Thanks Steveg!

Hope she gets good preparation in the events prior in Taiwan...

Best of Luck Su-Wei! Jia You!

Steveg
Mar 7th, 2003, 09:50 AM
:bounce: :bounce:

Can't wait to see Su Wei in action :) Steve, I think wynne will play here as well. She mentioned that she will play lower tier tournaments now to get back her confidence. I think this is really a wise decision :)
Henry, I heard so too. But I am waiting for the entry list ;) . I heard also that she intends to play a $75K tourney in April in France, which can only be Cagnes-Sur-Mer,France if I remember the name correctly (end of April - clay).

I won't be able to support everyone in Hochiminh City :sad: .

I'll go for Su-Wei :D (it is her thread after all :angel: ).

BasicTennis
Mar 8th, 2003, 10:03 AM
For the first time Marion broke into the top 100 (singles), at the beginning of the season.

In singles she reached the SF at Canberra. She lost in Scottsdale against Stéphanie Cohen-Aloro (in a third set tie-break) who is in top shape at the moment. At the Pacific Life Open, Marion qualified for the main draw winning her first match 60 60 and her second match 62 64. She won her R1 match in straight sets against Nagyova.

She has no points to defend this week so that after this tourney, her ranking will go up again.

Looking at Marion singles ranking evolution since middle of last year, I find it very promising (cf. attached file).

In doubles, Marion and Stéphanie reached the SF at Scottsdale and lost to Ai / Kim beating in R1 Dokic / Bedanova on the score of 60 62. In February, Marion and Stéphanie reached the doubles final of the Open Gaz de France losing only in the tie-break of the third set the final.

Marion started the season ranked #256 in doubles. She is now #93 .

Her double-handed game is not preventing her from developing an offensive game, as her doubles results show.

In terms of prize money (aggregate of singles and doubles WTA results), Marion is currently #63 in the world.

Marion is therefore overall having good and promising results this year.

Others seem to have the same impression as this report from Indian Wells indicates :

She could have won a title already if she doesn't have this style.;) They can improve their rankings because of playing tournaments but when they get to face the top players then I would say good bye ladies. :sad: :wavey:

Steveg
Mar 8th, 2003, 12:20 PM
She could have won a title already if she doesn't have this style.;) They can improve their rankings because of playing tournaments but when they get to face the top players then I would say good bye ladies. :sad: :wavey:
You don' t prove anything. You just speculate without bringing any argument. There is no interest in such a discussion.

With "if", everything is possible. "If Marion had another coach, she could have won a slam", "If Marion was taller, she would be already in the top 5". I can give another 1,000 sentences with "if", without proving my point.

With "if", we can recreate the world and live in wild dreams, which is not the purpose here.

Marion has currently promising results with her two-handed shots. She is comfortable with it and it is a highly effective shot. She had a good run at Indian Wells and all the best to her. She is in the right track :) .

I can also mention Akiko Morigami who has had very good results since November last year and also has two-handed forehand and backhand.

And since it is a Su-Wei thread, all the best to Su-Wei :D . Have a good preparation :wavey: .

kfh_9118
Mar 8th, 2003, 03:52 PM
Go Su wei :bounce: :bounce:

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Mar 8th, 2003, 07:26 PM
Welcome Su Wei!!!!!!!! :)

Lin, thanks for the translation... i needed that one ;) :o
Hehe, i hope Su Wei will post here when she has some sparetime :)

Jia you!!!!! :bounce:

gracelay
Mar 11th, 2003, 02:22 PM
Su-wei will check out the training school in Japen next month. (She will play Fed cup and 2 $50K in Japan.)

As I know, an old Fed cup player-Ms Liu, will go there as a trnaslater,she is the one who make things happend.

gracelay
Mar 11th, 2003, 02:25 PM
Su-wei told me she had problems with sing in....cannot reply.
I don't know what happend, will try to help her if we meet :confused:

Steveg
Mar 11th, 2003, 04:20 PM
Su-wei told me she had problems with sing in....cannot reply.
I don't know what happend, will try to help her if we meet :confused:
Sign in the board you mean. Not at the ITF Hochiminh City I hope ;) .

If she has any problem and you can't find a solution, best will be to alert the admins :) .

You will then need to identify the problem and describe it clearly to the admins.

Rising Sun
Mar 11th, 2003, 04:27 PM
Su-wei will check out the training school in Japen next month. (She will play Fed cup and 2 $50K in Japan.)

As I know, an old Fed cup player-Ms Liu, will go there as a trnaslater,she is the one who make things happend.
I wonder if this means $25K Hochiminh is off the agenda? :confused:

Steveg
Mar 11th, 2003, 06:20 PM
Su-wei will play Fed cup.If Su-Wei plays Fed Cup, it means she will be at the ITF Hochiminh City with the Fed Cup team, right :D ???

It means also that she is in better shape already :) ?

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Mar 11th, 2003, 10:35 PM
does Su Wei have an official fan club? (except this one of course...;) )

lin
Mar 12th, 2003, 12:55 AM
does Su Wei have an official fan club? (except this one of course...;) )

Not official but there is a yahoo group but in Chinese ;) . Su-Wei sometimes posts there too :) .

gracelay
Mar 12th, 2003, 09:15 AM
If Su-Wei plays Fed Cup, it means she will be at the ITF Hochiminh City with the Fed Cup team, right :D ???

Yes, she will go HOchiminh City with the Fed Cup team. :angel:

She won 1 RD in all Taiwanese tourment today with 4-6 6-4 6-4.
Not very good shape, I guess. :o (the tourment held in Kaoshun)

lin
Mar 12th, 2003, 09:29 AM
OMG That's not good scores against a qualifer :o. I hope she can find her good form asap :).

she will play 16 yrs old Chen Yi next round, I think it will be an interesting match as Chen Yi just comes back from injury as well...

lin
Mar 12th, 2003, 11:42 AM
Su-Wei's pic on court today ;)

Steveg
Mar 12th, 2003, 12:06 PM
Yes, she will go HOchiminh City with the Fed Cup team. :angel:

She won 1 RD in all Taiwanese tourment today with 4-6 6-4 6-4.
Not very good shape, I guess. :o (the tourment held in Kaoshun)Thanks for the news about Hochiminh City Grace :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: .

The score may not be great. But I notice that Su-Wei fought hard after losing the first set. This is a very good news :D . And very promising for the next matches.

Go Su-Wei :wavey: .

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Mar 12th, 2003, 11:00 PM
thanks you guys!

wow, and thanks for the pic!!! :D she looks great! :bounce:

lol Lin.. of course in Chinese.... what else... *sigh* :sad:

Steveg
Mar 12th, 2003, 11:08 PM
Su-Wei's pic on court today ;)
Thanks for the photo lin :) . Who took it :confused: .

I did not know there were clay courts available :) ?

lin
Mar 13th, 2003, 01:48 AM
The person who attend this tournament took it, it's posted on her yahoo group as well ;). I saw the news and it seems this match attracted so many people because of Su-Wei, so maybe we will have pic again today :). I feel fine about her look right now though ;), I heard she wants to change to special look :p .

As for the clay court, I think it's very common besides hard court in Taiwan, and it's not expensive. Also, I think that's why most Taiwanese players can have better results on slow court than fast court.

Steveg
Mar 13th, 2003, 01:57 AM
I heard she wants to change to special look :p .
Thanks for the info lin.

I am curious to know what this special look would be :confused: :) .

lin
Mar 13th, 2003, 03:29 AM
Thanks for the info lin.

I am curious to know what this special look would be :confused: :) .

special look=crazy look like young people :p. can't tell me too much I'm sorry ;).

Steveg
Mar 13th, 2003, 04:43 AM
special look=crazy look like young people :pLol, you sound like my great-grand-mother talking of younger generations :p .

I wonder what young people crazy look is like :confused: .

Her hair color seems different in the pic you posted :confused: .

lin
Mar 13th, 2003, 05:02 AM
Her hair color seems different in the pic you posted :confused: .

yeah, it's the first change I guess ;), actually I heard she wants to change her hairstyle very specially ;) .

gracelay
Mar 13th, 2003, 08:36 AM
Su-wei won in 2 sets in 2RD against Chen-yi today. :bounce:

lin
Mar 13th, 2003, 08:57 AM
advanced into SF, next opponent could be Ting-Wen Wang ;)

lin
Mar 13th, 2003, 10:33 AM
Su-Wei Hsieh d. Yi Chen 6-1 6-4 :eek: :D

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Mar 13th, 2003, 11:40 AM
:bounce: Su Wei!!!! :bounce: WTG girl :D

lol... Lin, you probably mean Su Wei wants to look like those *freaky* Poppy Japanese/Taiwanese teenagers? :p :eek: lol they will never let her get near the courts again if she does that :p

lin
Mar 13th, 2003, 11:44 AM
:bounce: Su Wei!!!! :bounce: WTG girl :D

lol... Lin, you probably mean Su Wei wants to look like those *freaky* Poppy Japanese/Taiwanese teenagers? :p :eek: lol they will never let her get near the courts again if she does that :p

lol maybe we will see what will happen later on :p.

Harju.
Mar 13th, 2003, 11:46 AM
:bounce: Su Wei..

she's surely climbing back to where she was used to be :bounce:

She looks great in the pic

Libertango
Mar 13th, 2003, 04:42 PM
WOW thats a good pic, she looks great!! ;)
I think she has matured, not so baby-looking maybe.

Steveg
Mar 14th, 2003, 12:42 AM
Is Su-Wei still having difficulties to sign-in :confused: .

I noticed that she posted something on Yahoo message board, in reply to lin and Grace I suppose : >※ 引述<霖(zerkchutennis)>之銘言:
>>※ 引述<忘記回家的路(kuanghanlay)>之銘言:
>>女單方面,謝淑薇與陳宜今早爭戰,謝淑薇一開場即以穩定的實力及信心,迎戰大會戲稱的網球寶貝陳宜,陳宜雖 奮力迎戰,還是不敵謝淑薇以經驗取勝的球技,最終謝淑薇以6:1,6:4進入前四強。
>嗯...比數有點意外的輕鬆,看看接下來對上難纏的王亭文打的如何...
>加油吧...
>
>
>ㄜ...你們對我完全沒信心喔><真是有點給他粉失望... Could someone please translate :) .

lin
Mar 14th, 2003, 01:28 AM
She feels a bit disappointed that most of people aren't confident about her winning(joking attitude) ;). That's all :) .

Steveg
Mar 14th, 2003, 04:46 AM
She feels a bit disappointed that most of people aren't confident about her winning(joking attitude) ;). That's all :) .
Thanks lin :) .

I agree with Su-Wei :p . Have more faith ;) .

lin
Mar 14th, 2003, 06:16 AM
Su-Wei pic on court yesterday ;)

lin
Mar 14th, 2003, 11:17 AM
Su-Wei beat Ting-Wen today 7-6(4) 6-7(7) 6-4 :)

According to the report, Su-Wei's father was watching this match too. In the 3rd set, Su-Wei really wanted him to go because she can't concentrate if her father is here. She asked the umpire to help,but well the umpire refused. However, other people suggested him to leave, and this time he can listen to other people's suggestions and left ;) :o .

In tomorrow's final she will play 13 yrs old Yung-Jan Chan who won today's semi match easily 6-0 6-1, should be an interesting match :).

I believe it's the first time the two different generations' Taiwanese prospect compete in one match in public ;) .

Harju.
Mar 14th, 2003, 11:37 AM
Congrats Su Wei. :bounce:

Will she come back to pro soon?

lin
Mar 14th, 2003, 11:54 AM
Yes, she plans to come back in April :).

Harju.
Mar 14th, 2003, 11:57 AM
:bounce: Which tournament will she play? Hope she and Angie can pair up. They made a good pair ;)

lin
Mar 14th, 2003, 12:31 PM
$25K Hochiminh City first ;)

Rising Sun
Mar 14th, 2003, 03:46 PM
beach guy, if you had read from a few pages earlier, all your questions would have been answered. ;)

Good luck to Su-Wei in the final! :)
It looks like she's dyed her hair. Very nice. :D

LeonHart
Mar 14th, 2003, 11:19 PM
omg, her father was there? :( Why can't he just leave her alone???

Good Luck SU-WEI, you can win your first tournament in a long time!!

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Mar 14th, 2003, 11:40 PM
su wei!! congrats!!!! :D :bounce:

lol i always have faith in you.. :angel: Jia you ;)

lin
Mar 15th, 2003, 06:36 AM
Unfortunately Su-Wei lost today's final 5-7 2-6 :(. so keep training hard for April, Su-Wei :)

Congrats 13 yrs old Yung-Jan for 1st National Competition title :). just don't forget to keep training hard on clay for RG ;) .

Harju.
Mar 15th, 2003, 10:54 AM
wow I didn't expect Su-Wei posting that soon :)

Su-Wei said her latest plan is she will play $25K Ho Chi Minh city first ;), and then maybe she will play Fed Cup, then it's 2 $50K in Japan.

She said her injuries are fine. She almost recovers from them. She can play tennis now, she didn't train too much though... So she said she needs to start working hard. and at the end she said see you later.

that's all :)

I have a question to Su-Wei too, will you go to Japan's tennis school and train there for a long time? 妳會去日本訓練嗎?
to danker.. thanks for telling me :rolleyes:

Harju.
Mar 15th, 2003, 10:58 AM
Su-Wei :( :(

Rising Sun
Mar 15th, 2003, 02:31 PM
Su-Wei :sad:
Must've been humiliating to lose to a 13 year old, but the main thing is that she's BACK! :D

All the best in her return to top form! :)

Steveg
Mar 15th, 2003, 02:44 PM
Unfortunately Su-Wei lost today's final 5-7 2-6 :(. so keep training hard for April, Su-Wei :) .It's a good thing that Su-Wei reached the final for her come-back after several months away from the tennis courts :) .

There's nothing to be humiliated of in that :) .

And she fought besides in the previous matches to go through (tough 3-set matches).

I am certain it is now mostly a question of competition ( + a little bit of fitness training too ;) ) and getting back into the rythm. I am certainly that Su-Wei will be back to her former top shape in no time at all :) .

gorecki
Mar 15th, 2003, 04:24 PM
Congrats to Su Wei for reaching the final!

Yung-Jan Chan: another name to look out for the future perhaps...

Best Of Luck to Su-Wei in the Ho Chih Minh event!
Jia You! :)

lin
Mar 18th, 2003, 04:01 AM
If Su-Wei plays Fed Cup, it means she will be at the ITF Hochiminh City with the Fed Cup team, right :D ???

I was informed yesterday the Fed Cup coaches have decided the Fed Cup team will not come to Hochiminh City in case they won't sign in Japan on time. I heard Su-Wei hasn't decided to play either Hochiminh City or Fed Cup yet, but most likely she will Fed Cup instead of Hochiminh City because it's more important...

hope this news won't disappoint you too much, Steveg...

Steveg
Mar 19th, 2003, 01:21 PM
I was informed yesterday the Fed Cup coaches have decided the Fed Cup team will not come to Hochiminh City in case they won't sign in Japan on time. I heard Su-Wei hasn't decided to play either Hochiminh City or Fed Cup yet, but most likely she will Fed Cup instead of Hochiminh City because it's more important...

hope this news won't disappoint you too much, Steveg...
I can only regret this decision from the Taiwanese Federation because their players lack match practice and Hochiminh City would have been a good place for that.

As for the tournament, I'll wait until players are in Vietnam to know who is here ;) . Nothing is sure until the very last minute :) .

I would certainly be sad if Su-Wei decided not to come. But I understand that she has to make choices :) . She will have anyway to go to Japan to visit this university.

Rising Sun
Mar 19th, 2003, 02:39 PM
I'm sure the organisers at Fed Cup would understand if some players would be playing an Asian Challenger the week before... :confused: I remember Wynne Prakusya played a $25K Challenger in the US back in 2000 the week before Fed Cup and she got there on time. I can understand if the Taiwanese Federation wants their players to get to Tokyo early, but their reason is :rolleyes:.

Stephane, Su-Wei's potential place of training "Big K" is a Tennis Academy rather than an University. ;)

Steveg
Mar 19th, 2003, 04:32 PM
I'm sure the organisers at Fed Cup would understand if some players would be playing an Asian Challenger the week before... :confused: I remember Wynne Prakusya played a $25K Challenger in the US back in 2000 the week before Fed Cup and she got there on time. I can understand if the Taiwanese Federation wants their players to get to Tokyo early, but their reason is :rolleyes:.

Stephane, Su-Wei's potential place of training "Big K" is a Tennis Academy rather than an University. ;)Thanks for the precision Luke ;) . I just hope they teach English at least ;) .

As I said, I'll know which players are at the tournament only when I'll see them. There can be many changes before.

And I am certain that Su-Wei will make the best possible choice :) .

I am certain also that the Fed Cup organisers would actually encourage teams to go to Hochiminh City :

1) It would be a good warm-up
2) the two events are under the ITF ;)

lin
Mar 19th, 2003, 10:25 PM
Actually it's the same for last year's Asian Games, they tend to be more careful I guess...

gracelay
Mar 20th, 2003, 06:23 AM
Su-wei lost her final last Saterday but still gave me the big smile

Steveg
Mar 20th, 2003, 06:47 AM
Su-wei lost her final last Saterday but still gave me the big smile to me ;)
Nice pic Grace :) . Good to see Su-Wei smiling.

gorecki
Mar 21st, 2003, 02:22 PM
nice photo of Su-Wei :) thanks :)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Mar 21st, 2003, 03:56 PM
Su-wei lost her final last Saterday but still gave me the big smile
aww, sweet girl! :) thanks for the pic!!

Wish Su Wei good luck in next tournament :bounce: Jia you :D

Steveg
Mar 23rd, 2003, 07:12 AM
I just realised that Su-Wei had posted a message last Friday (March 21st).

Anyone up for a translation :) .

lin
Mar 23rd, 2003, 09:59 AM
It's Su-Wei and her father(yes, her father posts there too) arguing, do you still want to know the translation? :o

Steveg
Mar 23rd, 2003, 10:12 AM
It's Su-Wei and her father(yes, her father posts there too) arguing, do you still want to know the translation? :o
No thanks :o : I don't want to learn some more bad words :o . Thanks. Strange they have to discuss over internet and share their discussions with everyone :confused: .

lin
Mar 23rd, 2003, 10:28 AM
Yes, they seem to be very open and probably it's because of their personalities too...

Steveg
Mar 23rd, 2003, 10:45 AM
Yes, they seem to be very open and probably it's because of their personalities too...
Will they make a soap opera of it later in Taiwan :p . It really looks like a typical one, doesn't it ;) ?

lin
Mar 23rd, 2003, 10:55 AM
Will they make a soap opera of it later in Taiwan :p . It really looks like a typical one, doesn't it ;) ?

well who knows ;). But we'll see then ;).

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Mar 23rd, 2003, 07:49 PM
lol i wouldn't mind a translation :angel: lol i understand every other word and that kinda isn't enough to get the whole *picture* :o

lin
Mar 23rd, 2003, 09:51 PM
lol well Marri my advice is don't be that curious :p :angel:.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Mar 23rd, 2003, 10:49 PM
oh pfff.. it's in a public place!! i ahve the every right to be nosey :angel: :D

pm please? :angel:

gorecki
Mar 24th, 2003, 02:02 PM
So is Su-Wei confirmed for Fed Cup or HCM? or Both?

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Mar 24th, 2003, 10:16 PM
Lin, lol thanks for the pm :p ;)

gracelay
Mar 25th, 2003, 11:30 AM
So is Su-Wei confirmed for Fed Cup or HCM? or Both?

Util yesterday, she confirmed for Fed Cup. No HCM(becasue the Chinese Taipei team not allowed.)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Mar 25th, 2003, 11:57 AM
is that a new rule, that Chinese Taipei can't enter? :confused:

Steveg
Mar 25th, 2003, 12:10 PM
Util yesterday, she confirmed for Fed Cup. No HCM(becasue the Chinese Taipei team not allowed.)
Yes, too bad that Taiwanese team decided not to enter the ITF Hochiminh City.

There will however certainly be some new players to discover then ;) .

lin
Mar 25th, 2003, 12:57 PM
is that a new rule, that Chinese Taipei can't enter? :confused:

I think Grace mean Taiwanese team decided not to enter Hochiminh City tournament ;) :wavey: .

gracelay
Mar 25th, 2003, 01:32 PM
I think Grace mean Taiwanese team decided not to enter Hochiminh City tournament ;) :wavey: .

Thank you, lin.
My English is really poor.... :eek:

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Mar 25th, 2003, 01:37 PM
ooohh... lol ok :D hehe thanks ;)

don't worry about it Grace, i should have understood that it wasn't a possible rule heh ;)

Steveg
Mar 25th, 2003, 01:37 PM
Thank you, lin.
My English is really poor.... :eek:
Your English is good Grace :

Players of the Taiwanese Fed Cup Team are not allowed by their captain to participate at the ITF Hochiminh City, even if they want to :) .

How is your lunch :p ?

lin
Mar 28th, 2003, 01:13 PM
Su-Wei's schedule has changed. Currently she is playing our high school tournament early round. After that, she will still play Fed Cup next but she will come back to Taiwan to play high school tournament final round. Then she will play World Juniors Games?(don't really know its English name... :o) So no 2 $50K in Japan...Basically it's her school's coaches' decision...

In my opinion, it's a bad move but not the worst...If she won't play 2 $50K in Japan, her ranking will drop a lot and then she needs to go back to play $10K again...It really will cost a lot...But on the other hand, playing those tournaments which are besides pro tennis can be considered practices, and tested her form...Anyway, the most important thing is still she needs to train very hard and get back on the right track, so good luck to her :) .

Rising Sun
Mar 28th, 2003, 02:38 PM
Very disappointing news... :sad:
Hopefully it'll benefit her in the long run though. :)

How many years of schooling does Su-Wei have left? :confused:

I have never heard of the World Junior Games before. :o
Would you happen to know the dates for this event?

Steveg
Mar 28th, 2003, 04:38 PM
Su-Wei's schedule has changed. Currently she is playing our high school tournament early round. After that, she will still play Fed Cup next but she will come back to Taiwan to play high school tournament final round. Then she will play World Juniors Games?(don't really know its English name... :o) So no 2 $50K in Japan...Basically it's her school's coaches' decision...

If she won't play 2 $50K in Japan, her ranking will drop a lot and then she needs to go back to play $10K again...It really will cost a lot .It is all to Su-Wei honour :) . I believe Su-Wei owes something to the uni / school that is helping her. It is outstanding from Su-Wei not letting this school / uni down, no matter what her WTA ranking will be :D .

I just hope that Su-Wei does not have too many years left due to this uni and can spend time for her own development :) .

And though Su-Wei has decided not to go to the Hochiminh City Challenger (as at the latest news), we may still meet again soon :wavey: .

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Mar 28th, 2003, 10:44 PM
Lin, with Junior Games.. you mean the Orange Cup? :)

good luck to Su wei!! :kiss: :bounce:

lin
Mar 29th, 2003, 01:50 AM
danker-I've heard that event in Chinese name few years ago, but I don't know when it is. I'm searching the dates too.

Steveg-Su-Wei didn't owe anything to her school, the reason that the coaches want her to play is because they think Su-Wei's not trained hard recently so they want to keep her with them to train. On the other hand, Chia-Jung doesn't need to come back to play high school tournament. I heard Su-Wei is not happy with this decision and maybe she will complain ;) .

BTW, you said you and Su-Wei may still meet again soon, do you mean you will attend Fed Cup? ;) :eek:

Marri-Is there really Orange Cup existing? :confused: Or did you mean Orange Bowl? ;)

LeonHart
Mar 29th, 2003, 07:02 AM
I'd rather Su-Wei start playing official tournaments so she can get back in shape fast + gain experience. But either way, I hope Su-Wei can get into her old form again :o

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Mar 29th, 2003, 05:16 PM
danker-I've heard that event in Chinese name few years ago, but I don't know when it is. I'm searching the dates too.

Steveg-Su-Wei didn't owe anything to her school, the reason that the coaches want her to play is because they think Su-Wei's not trained hard recently so they want to keep her with them to train. On the other hand, Chia-Jung doesn't need to come back to play high school tournament. I heard Su-Wei is not happy with this decision and maybe she will complain ;) .

BTW, you said you and Su-Wei may still meet again soon, do you mean you will attend Fed Cup? ;) :eek:

Marri-Is there really Orange Cup existing? :confused: Or did you mean Orange Bowl? ;)
stop confusing me :p

lol Orange cup.. Orange bowl.. whatever :p the Junior tennis playesr play it :p

lin
Mar 29th, 2003, 05:27 PM
well Orange Bowl is an important ITF juniors tournament , but it's held in December every year, that's why I was asking ;).

Steveg
Apr 2nd, 2003, 04:38 AM
BTW, you said you and Su-Wei may still meet again soon, do you mean you will attend Fed Cup? ;) :eek:Yes :eek: .

I am just a bit worried now since some cases of SARS have been discovered in a flight from Tokyo to Canada, a friend told me this morning :eek: .

So Tokyo could be not such a safe place, at least the airport :eek: .

lin
Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:03 AM
surprise surprise lol :eek: don't forget to update results every day then ;) :wavey: .

I think Japan is fine :confused:, well at least compared to the most serious area in South-East Asia...

I read news today that Taiwanese Davis Cup team is very likely to withdraw the tie against China from Friday to Sunday due to the cares of SARS :sad: :( .

Steveg
Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:19 AM
surprise surprise lol :eek: don't forget to update results every day then ;) :wavey: .I am certain that Grace will have the results even before I can be back to the hotel ;) . I could not miss this event with all the top Asian players participating (crossing fingers and hoping Yoon-Jeong will join as well :D ) , could I :angel: . There are however a few things to finalise before I go.

I think Japan is fine :confused:, well at least compared to the most serious area in South-East Asia... There are currently more new cases in Japan than in Vietnam. So I consider Vietnam safer for the time being :) . I am mostly afraid of flights actually. But we'll see at that time how it goes :) .

I read news today that Taiwanese Davis Cup team is very likely to withdraw the tie against China from Friday to Sunday due to the cares of SARS :sad: :( .Thanks for the news. That's bad then for the team :sad: but I think it's a wise decision for the players :) .

gracelay
Apr 2nd, 2003, 02:33 PM
Chiniese Taipei team will go to Davis Cup tommorw :)

lin
Apr 2nd, 2003, 02:54 PM
thanks for the news Grace :)

I also just saw the news that some players finally changed their mind to come to China today :) ;) .

Steveg-I still remember what you told to me ;).

Rising Sun
Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:13 PM
That's good to hear, because Taiwan really belongs in Group 1. :)

Does anybody know where in China they'll be playing? :confused:

Steveg
Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:20 PM
Does anybody know where in China they'll be playing? :confused:Guangdong :p .

lin
Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:46 PM
not in Guangdong :p They will be playing in Weheng(middle of China) ;).

Rising Sun
Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:52 PM
Guangdong :p .
lmao, that's where they had Fed Cup last year! :eek: :o

Rising Sun
Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:55 PM
not in Guangdong :p They will be playing in Weheng(middle of China) ;).
I can't find "Weheng" anywhere on the atlas. :sad:

Do you know what Province? :confused:

lin
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:08 PM
ok I found right name on English map, it's Wuhan :o ;) . sorry for the misunderstanding...

Rising Sun
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:19 PM
ok I found right name on English map, it's Wuhan :o ;) . sorry for the misunderstanding...
Thanks. ;)

Li Na's hometown. :D

gracelay
Apr 5th, 2003, 01:53 PM
Su-wei is now training in Kaoshun with Fed Cup teammates.
One member told me that she practiced hard. :D

gorecki
Apr 5th, 2003, 02:03 PM
You Can Do It Su-Wei!!! :) :bounce:

eseaboyqoo
Apr 8th, 2003, 02:01 PM
Su-wei is now training in Kaoshun with Fed Cup teammates.
One member told me that she practiced hard. :D

真是不可置信阿~~!!!

:eek: :D :D

gracelay
Apr 8th, 2003, 02:23 PM
真是不可置信阿~~!!!

:eek: :D :D

希望我的「消息來源」不是安慰我

Steveg
Apr 8th, 2003, 02:36 PM
Chac la rat la hay. Tiec co it nguoi co the hieu ban da viet day :rolleyes: .

gracelay
Apr 8th, 2003, 02:56 PM

Is it French? Is this revenge? (we wrote in Chinese) :)

Steveg
Apr 8th, 2003, 04:05 PM
Try to get it translated by a French person :p .

lin
Apr 8th, 2003, 04:43 PM

Steveg was complaining about you guys writing in Chinese :o.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Apr 10th, 2003, 10:40 PM
lmao nice french :p

;)

go su wei!!!! jia you!!!! :D :bounce:

Boodie
Apr 12th, 2003, 02:54 AM
[QUOTE='Martian Marri']lmao nice french

I think it's Vietnamnese;)

I hope Su-wei can do well in the Fed Cup.
At least finds back her confidence:)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Apr 12th, 2003, 04:09 PM
lol yeah boodie, i knew it was vietnamese :p

i can some french you know :angel:

*sigh*

Good luck su wei :D :bounce:

kfh_9118
Apr 13th, 2003, 03:34 AM

Nice one, Steve :D

gorecki
Apr 15th, 2003, 03:29 PM
:bounce:

Jia You Su-Wei! Do well for the Fed Cup! :)

Steveg
Apr 16th, 2003, 08:11 AM
See you in Tokyo :wavey: .

And if I see you at the airport, I'll carry your bag for you :p .

lin
Apr 16th, 2003, 09:39 PM
See you in Tokyo :wavey: .

And if I see you at the airport, I'll carry your bag for you :p .

who're you talking to, Steveg :confused: :p

Su-Wei's not been here for a long time I think...

anyway, I think all of the team members will probably fly to Japan on Friday or Saturday, so if you want to stay in Vietnam to watch $25K Hochiminh City until final, I don't think you will have chance meeting her and helping her carry her bag at the airport :p .

gracelay
Apr 20th, 2003, 12:30 PM
Can't wait for the drew. Hope Su-wei play her style and has good results. :wavey:

gracelay
Apr 20th, 2003, 01:35 PM
The fisrt match in Fed Cup is against Indonesia, which lead by Angelique. Can Su-wei do better this time than Asia Games? :confused:

lin
Apr 20th, 2003, 02:22 PM
We can hope but I won't expect too much ;) .

Do you have the draw, Grace?

lin
Apr 20th, 2003, 04:24 PM
well the draw is out on http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=66232

It's interesting to see how Su-Wei will do against Angie and Chin-Bee again and play Tammy and Iroda for the 1st time :).

hopefully she can win 2 of those 4 matches at least ;).

lin
Apr 21st, 2003, 07:27 AM
Indonesia d. Chinese Taipei 2-0

Prakusya d. Chuang 6-3 6-2
Widjaja d. Hsieh 6-0 6-4

Although Su-Wei still can't win but Su-Wei was leading 4-1 in 2nd set, that's better than in Asian Games, good luck in doubles later and tomorrow against Uzbekistan :)

Harju.
Apr 21st, 2003, 09:13 AM
what happened to SuWei on Asian Games ?

lin
Apr 21st, 2003, 11:01 AM
what happened to SuWei on Asian Games ?

Su-Wei lost to Angie badly 0-6 2-6 even though she was a bit injured...

gracelay
Apr 21st, 2003, 12:27 PM
We can hope but I won't expect too much ;) .

Do you have the draw, Grace?

Yes, thank you.

Su-wei lead 4-1 in 2set,but lost 5 games later...that's not good.. :sad:

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Apr 21st, 2003, 02:42 PM
too bad su wei... :sad: better luck next time!

lin
Apr 22nd, 2003, 05:47 AM
Chia-Jung beat Akgul Amanmuradova(won 1 $10K and 1 $10K runner-up in India earlier this month) 7-6(4) 6-2 :D :D
Su-Wei lost to Iroda(ranking #41) today 0-6 6-2 4-6

Despite the loss it's actually a great effort, I think she is really getting back on track :)

Good luck in doubles later :)

lin
Apr 22nd, 2003, 08:04 AM
Chinese Taipei def. Uzbekistan 2-1

Chuang d. Amanmuradova 7-6(4) 6-2
Tulyaganova d. Hsieh 6-0 2-6 6-4
Chuang/Hsieh d. Amanmuradova/Tulyaganova 6-2 7-6(4)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Steveg
Apr 22nd, 2003, 08:17 AM
Su-Wei started to play well against Angie yesterday. She was leading 3-0 then 4-1 in the 2nd set. Then she ran out of gas :sad: .

She played good singles today (except 1st set). Got all the points chartered, but no time to post as I have to go shopping.

Both players went up to 4-4 in the 3rd set today.

The very good thing is that Su-Wei is very motivated :D . She his hitting very well too :) .

gracelay
Apr 22nd, 2003, 09:39 AM
Su-Wei started to play well against Angie yesterday. She was leading 3-0 then 4-1 in the 2nd set. Then she ran out of gas :sad: .

She played good singles today (except 1st set). Got all the points chartered, but no time to post as I have to go shopping.

Both players went up to 4-4 in the 3rd set today.

The very good thing is that Su-Wei is very motivated :D . She his hitting very well too :) .

Thank you Steve! :D
Have nice shopping, though I think Japen is too expensive ... ;)

gracelay
Apr 22nd, 2003, 09:41 AM
Is Tulyaganova the one who ever coached by Hingis's mother?

lin
Apr 22nd, 2003, 12:29 PM
Is Tulyaganova the one who ever coached by Hingis's mother?

No, I think it's Casanova who ever coached by Hingis's mother...

Tulyaganova is 21 yrs old and ranked 41 now. Her career high singles ranking is #16 in 2002. She actually plays powerful tennis, but she is struggling now.

http://www.wtatour.com/index.cfm?section=players&cont_id=player&personnel_id=225&roster_id=12

kfh_9118
Apr 22nd, 2003, 12:35 PM
Go Su Wei :D

A very good sign by her from today's score :D

gracelay
Apr 22nd, 2003, 12:50 PM
No, I think it's Casanova who ever coached by Hingis's mother...

Tulyaganova is 21 yrs old and ranked 41 now. Her career high singles ranking is #16 in 2002. he actually plays powerful tennis, but she is struggling now.

http://www.wtatour.com/index.cfm?section=players&cont_id=player&personnel_id=225&roster_id=12

謝謝啦。 :)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Apr 22nd, 2003, 11:17 PM
Casanova is already showing positive developement after starting to be coached by hingis' mother :) and she's not the only one Melanie Molitor coaches.

come on su wei!!!!!! :bounce:

Steveg
Apr 23rd, 2003, 05:13 AM
謝謝啦。 :)
I think I will post some more information about Su-Wei results in Tokyo in Vietnamese :angel: .

What do you think Grace :) ?

gracelay
Apr 23rd, 2003, 11:49 AM
I think I will post some more information about Su-Wei results in Tokyo in Vietnamese :angel: .

What do you think Grace :) ?

Why you so mean to me? :sad:

lin
Apr 23rd, 2003, 12:39 PM
LOL :o :angel:

Back to Fed Cup news, since Indonesia lost Thailand today, the chance of we advance to semi playoffs is very small now :( . Because we lost Indonesia 0-3 on Monday, and only won Uzbekistan 2-1. We can't get enough the numbers of winning matches unless we beat Malaysia 3-0(which is possible) and Thailand 3-0(which is very unlikely because of Tanasugarn ;) ).

So right now the only chance we advance to semi playoffs is Uzbekistan beat Indonesia tomorrow(which makes both Uzbekistan and Indonesia 3W2L), and we still need to beat Malaysia and Thailand, no need to win 3-0 though(which makes Chinese Taipei and Thailand 4W1L). If it really happens, we will advance to semi playoffs as Group 1B winner as we beat Thailand ;) .

Steveg
Apr 24th, 2003, 01:52 AM
I think that Uzbekistan has some chances to beat Indonesia. It will depend on Iroda shape :) .

I believe also that Su-Wei has her chance against Tamarine :) . Su-Wei is playing better and better :D .

lin
Apr 24th, 2003, 05:46 AM
Su-Wei lost 5-7 5-7 :( :( :sad: She lost to Chin-Bee again :( . but I think Su-Wei don't like the type like Chin-Bee who doesn't have the power but tactics on court...

and Iroda lost 6-3 1-6 3-6, Uzbekistan lost to Indonesia, and Su-Wei didn't beat Chin-Bee, so we have no chance to advance to semi playoffs even if we will beat Thailand 3-0... :sad: :(

The winner of Group 1B will be Thailand, runner up Indonesia.

gracelay
Apr 24th, 2003, 07:56 AM
Su-Wei lost 5-7 5-7 :( :( :sad: She lost to Chin-Bee again :( . but I think Su-Wei don't like the type like Chin-Bee who doesn't have the power but tactics on court...

and Iroda lost 6-3 1-6 3-6, Uzbekistan lost to Indonesia, and Su-Wei didn't beat Chin-Bee, so we have no chance to advance to semi playoffs even if we will beat Thailand 3-0... :sad: :(

The winner of Group 1B will be Thailand, runner up Indonesia.

Su-wei lost 2 set from 4-1 to5-7? :sad:

Steve, how was Su-wei? Hope she won't lose her confidence sine she didn't win any match so far... :eek:

Steveg
Apr 24th, 2003, 08:01 AM
Su-wei lost 2 set from 4-1 to5-7? :sad:

Steve, how was Su-wei? Hope she won't lose her confidence sine she didn't win any match so far... :eek:Su-Wei did not go for it in that match. I don't know what happened to her :confused: .

She asked for a strapping to her left thigh, but this does not explain the result. I saw the first set where she was down.

I came back in the second set when she was up 4-1. She then went on to lose the set, just like that. She went for tough winners sometimes. Low % shots.

I really don't know what is going on in her mind :confused: .

I did not support her today, but it is because she was playing against a good friend. I can't support her against the Korean players either. Maybe I won't go and see her match (if she plays...).

Steveg
Apr 24th, 2003, 08:37 AM
Some more photos of Su-Wei at the Fed Cup, including Su-Wei knitting...

gracelay
Apr 24th, 2003, 11:12 AM
[QUOTE='Steveg']Su-Wei did not go for it in that match. I don't know what happened to her :confused: .

QUOTE]

It happened during most of the mathes last year, when she played WTA tourments. :o

Thanks for the pictures though, she smiled when playing? :eek:

lin
Apr 24th, 2003, 12:38 PM
It happened during most of the mathes last year, when she played WTA tourments. :o

Thanks for the pictures though, she smiled when playing? :eek:

Indeed, can't believe she smiled while playing on court, didn't she feel a bit too relaxed or did she just intend to relax herself? :eek: :o

As for the 2nd set, I think it's still confidence thing, it has been her problem for a long time, and she just comes back to the competitions, so I think it's quite common. Giving her more time, I think and hope she can improve it...

Steveg, if you like both players that playing on court, I think you'd better not miss it because it will enjoyable for you as you like both players. You can support both players quietly in mind, I just don't know the way you are used to cheering people though. But I read somewhere you usually shout very loudly when you cheer for a player? so that probably could lead to your missing chances ;).

oh, btw, tomorrow Chinese Taipei team will play Thailand not Korea, so I guess it's not a problem against Tanasugarn right? ;)

köj-è
Apr 24th, 2003, 03:37 PM
Wow!! :eek: thanks Steve for the photo!! she looks more developed and haven't go a skinny body... :o

Steveg
Apr 25th, 2003, 06:31 AM
Thanks for the tips Lin. I know how to do when two players I appreciate play one against another ;) .

I believe Su-Wei tried to relax herself. But she did not go for it during the match :sad: . She could - could have won it for sure.

lin
Apr 25th, 2003, 07:08 AM
Su-Wei lost to Tanasugarn 0-6 0-6 :sad: :o

Steveg
Apr 25th, 2003, 08:56 AM
Su-Wei lost to Tanasugarn 0-6 0-6 :sad: :o
Su-Wei has nothing to be ashamed of. She tried her best against Tamarine. It is just that Tammy played some really amazing tennis today :) .

Good try from Su-Wei. I prefer her to lose 06 06 against Tammy like that rather than the way she lost yesterday :) .

gracelay
Apr 26th, 2003, 02:43 PM
Su-Wei has nothing to be ashamed of. She tried her best against Tamarine. It is just that Tammy played some really amazing tennis today :) .

Good try from Su-Wei. I prefer her to lose 06 06 against Tammy like that rather than the way she lost yesterday :) .

If she tried, that's good news! ;)

Go Su-wei! :bounce:

gorecki
Apr 26th, 2003, 03:39 PM
What's the next event for Su-Wei?

Jia You Su-Wei! :)

gorecki
Apr 26th, 2003, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the photos Steve!

Steveg
Apr 27th, 2003, 02:58 AM

Jia You Su-Wei! :)
Su-Wei will be in Gifu next :) .

Good luck to her :D .

And you're welcome for the photos ;) .

kfh_9118
Apr 27th, 2003, 03:54 AM
:bounce: Su Wei

lin
Apr 27th, 2003, 05:00 AM
oh does her school allow her to play this instead of local high school competition, or did she decide by herself again :o .

anyway, good luck to her, against Nan-Nan Liu and Monique Adamczak are very tough matches.

lin
Apr 27th, 2003, 07:49 AM
Su-Wei lost today to Nan-Nan Liu 6-7 1-6 at qualifying 1st Rd.

kfh_9118
Apr 27th, 2003, 08:36 AM
Su Wei :sad: :sad:

Better luck in the next tourney

Steveg
Apr 27th, 2003, 05:58 PM
I was kinda expecting it. Nan-Nan is eager for victories.

lin
Apr 27th, 2003, 06:10 PM
Su-Wei will play $50K Fukuoka later also, she told her school's principal she will not play local high school competitions.

Steveg
Apr 27th, 2003, 06:51 PM
Su-Wei will play $50K Fukuoka later also, she told her school's principal she will not play local high school competitions.
During these tournaments or in general :confused: .

Not much interest for the high-school to have her if she does not play any team competition...

lin
Apr 28th, 2003, 01:18 AM
The local high school competitions is held this week, it's the most important sports event for high school in Taiwan every year.

Her high school would have won more easily in team competition or gotten more gold medals in individual competition, so that's the interest for her high school.

gorecki
May 6th, 2003, 04:02 PM
*bump*

Jia You Su-Wei!

lin
May 7th, 2003, 04:12 PM
Su-Wei lost to 3rd seed Vanessa Webb 6-7(6) 3-6 in Fukuoka main draw 1st Rd :sad:. Good fight though, I just hope she can keep improving... :)

gorecki
May 9th, 2003, 09:00 AM
Jia You Su-Wei! Keep on improving! :)

gorecki
May 13th, 2003, 10:49 AM

Steveg
May 18th, 2003, 10:07 AM
No information? Grace :confused: ?

lin
May 18th, 2003, 11:33 AM
Don't know why she didn't play the Taiwanese Ranking tournament...

Anyway, she was on the $10K Tainan, Taiwan entry list, but that tournament was postponed due to SARS concern...

When I saw her name, it's...

18 $$ HSIEH Su-Wei (04/01/1986) TPE

Today I saw the news, it says she lost the sponsor because of her immature behaviour...

Shine On Silver Moon
May 19th, 2003, 08:06 AM
Don't know why she didn't play the Taiwanese Ranking tournament...

Anyway, she was on the $10K Tainan, Taiwan entry list, but that tournament was postponed due to SARS concern...

When I saw her name, it's...

18 $$ HSIEH Su-Wei (04/01/1986) TPE

Today I saw the news, it says she lost the sponsor because of her immature behaviour...

Lin, is this true? What do you mean by immature behaviour? I really miss seeing Hsieh on the tour...come back, Su Wei and play back in Indonesia!!! Play back with Angie! ;)

lin
May 19th, 2003, 12:04 PM
Lin, is this true? What do you mean by immature behaviour? I really miss seeing Hsieh on the tour...come back, Su Wei and play back in Indonesia!!! Play back with Angie! ;)

well, about immature behaviour, it seems she just wants to take care of everything by herself, so... I hope you can understand what I said, I don't think it's good to say too much...

Anyway I think we can just wish her good luck right now. :)

kfh_9118
May 19th, 2003, 12:51 PM
Poor Su Wei, it seems that she has so many problems :sad:. Good luck and please come back, Su Wei

Rising Sun
May 19th, 2003, 04:19 PM
Does Su-Wei have any other sponsors? :confused:

gorecki
May 20th, 2003, 02:18 PM
Hope everything works out well for her and that her game continues to improve.

gracelay
May 22nd, 2003, 09:51 AM
About the sponser, it is still not clear if they would drop full sponse or they would sponse her for limited tourments a year. Su-wei will talk with the sponser lately. So far, the sponer's represntive denied this report. :confused:

Su-wei will go to Souel 25K next month.Then fly to Japen to BIG K tennis school training one month which she is still considering study in Japen or not. ;)

lin
May 22nd, 2003, 10:02 AM
Hi Grace :)

Good to see you help her a lot :D

Steveg
May 22nd, 2003, 10:13 AM
About the sponser, it is still not clear if they would drop full sponse or they would sponse her for limited tourments a year. Su-wei will talk with the sponser lately. So far, the sponer's represntive denied this report. :confused:

Su-wei will go to Souel 25K next month.Then fly to Japen to BIG K tennis school training one month which she is still considering study in Japen or not. ;)
Thanks for the information Grace :) . I hope this adversity will help Su-Wei to get tougher in her matches ;) .

Good luck to her :D .

gracelay
May 29th, 2003, 01:20 PM
It seems that Su-wei very dissapointed about her perfromane and lost her confidence latly. :sad:

She even told me that she doesn't want to play pro tennis anymore after the Souel 25K. :sad:

Eventhogh she practiced hard after Japen sad journey....

Steveg
May 29th, 2003, 04:32 PM
It seems that Su-wei very dissapointed about her perfromane and lost her confidence latly. :sad:

She even told me that she doesn't want to play pro tennis anymore after the Souel 25K. :sad:

Eventhogh she practiced hard after Japen sad journey....
As I mentioned before, Su-Wei has had some very good matches in Tokyo during Fed Cup. The thing is that she still lacks a bit of consistency and the desire to win.

This is what made the difference in her matches against Iroda, Angelique or Chin-Bee :sad: .

But everyone could see that her talent is still intact and her strokes still amazing. She is just trying some too hard shots sometimes.

I personnally feel it would be very sad if she were to stop professional tennis. And that she could do great things in no time with a good coach. I think she mostly needs a coach to guide her these days (even if she is very stubborn ;) ).

And she has to improve her second serve. This is a must.

The question as you mention is mostly her motivation :sad: . But she has no reason not to believe in herself :D .

If she loves tennis, she should go for it :bounce: . And she has to desire victory; she has to win these few important points she did not get in Tokyo and that made the difference in the matches I mentioned earlier.

Anyway, as you indicated, she will be playing in Seoul and I hope she will have good results there :D .

Good luck to Su-Wei :bounce: .

Steveg
May 29th, 2003, 04:36 PM
And for Easeaboy, I told you already I don't mind your using my photos but just let me know :rolleyes: .

King Aaron
May 29th, 2003, 04:43 PM
If Su-Wei were to stop playing professionally, that would be a real disaster. She's so young and so talented it is such a waste. I hope for her to get some good results in Seoul and hopefully get the motivation and confidents that she needs.

lin
May 29th, 2003, 05:58 PM
oh that's really sad to know this news :sad: :(

Grace, how about the sponsor thing? and Does she have plans for the future? As I said to you before, I hope she can go back to school if she quits playing pro tennis...

gracelay
Jun 1st, 2003, 02:04 PM
oh that's really sad to know this news :sad: :(

Grace, how about the sponsor thing? and Does she have plans for the future? As I said to you before, I hope she can go back to school if she quits playing pro tennis...

Not very clearly. Seems that the sponser may stop hleping her for a while.But, if Su-wei go to Japen, then the BIG K tennis school would solve the money thing....

She was not sure the Big K school good to her, becasue top players there are not that good as her, she worried about it.

Steveg
Jun 1st, 2003, 04:46 PM
Tough choices to make for Su-Wei.

On another subject, she has no doubles partner in Seoul from what I understand :sad: .

King Aaron
Jun 1st, 2003, 05:33 PM
:sad:

Would I be dreaming if Su-Wei partnered Chin Bee?

Steveg
Jun 2nd, 2003, 09:07 AM
Chin-Bee is playing with Tomoko Yonemura. I have not checked in details but I think that Su-Wei doubles ranking is currently a bit too low :sad: .

gracelay
Jun 2nd, 2003, 01:13 PM
Chin-Bee is playing with Tomoko Yonemura. I have not checked in details but I think that Su-Wei doubles ranking is currently a bit too low :sad: .

Su-wei cannot singn in double drew.

Boodie
Jun 2nd, 2003, 05:22 PM
I really doubt if she would have another chance,

though she is still young.

:(( with tears in my eyes

---
Blur's out of time is really good!

King Aaron
Jun 2nd, 2003, 05:44 PM
I see, thanks.

gracelay
Jun 12th, 2003, 02:13 PM
Su-wei will leave for Japen tommorow, training for 1 month.

Good luck, hope she finds her shape. :angel:

Steveg
Jun 12th, 2003, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the good news :) . Where is Su-Wei training ?

Good luck to her :bounce: .

Is it already school holidays :confused: .

gracelay
Jun 12th, 2003, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the good news :) . Where is Su-Wei training ?

Good luck to her :bounce: .

Is it already school holidays :confused: .

The tennis school called BIG K, which we metioned before. :lick:

yes, summer vacation is comming soon. But she don't need go to school even not vacation.

King Aaron
Jun 12th, 2003, 04:28 PM
Good luck Su-Wei in training and have fun! :D

Rising Sun
Jun 12th, 2003, 05:09 PM
Even though it has already been posted earlier this thread, here is the Big K website:

http://www.bigk.co.jp

Steveg
Jun 12th, 2003, 05:57 PM
The tennis school called BIG K, which we metioned before. :lick:

yes, summer vacation is comming soon. But she don't need go to school even not vacation.
Thanks Grace :) . Since you had mentioned that Su-Wei had had some problems with her sponsor, I just wanted to make sure that there was no change of plans as far as training in Japan is concerned :) .

gracelay
Jun 19th, 2003, 02:21 PM
Su-wei told me she will go to play All Japenese tourmeant on JUL 7.

Hope she can find confidence through win matches there. :lick:

Steveg
Jun 19th, 2003, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the news Grace :) . Other than that, how is the settling going for her :confused: ?

Is she enjoying her time in Japan?

King Aaron
Jun 19th, 2003, 04:29 PM
Yeah, is she having fun there?

Rising Sun
Jun 19th, 2003, 06:04 PM
Thanks Grace. :)

Just a little more info about this tourney:

- held from 9 to 13 July
- prizemoney will be awarded
- it'll be held in Hokkaido

Good luck to Su-Wei :)

gracelay
Jun 22nd, 2003, 08:40 AM
She felt lonly... but learned some japense like " I am tired".. ;)

Rising Sun
Jun 22nd, 2003, 06:35 PM
I guess homesickness is inevitable, but hopefully she'll get used to it. :)

Steveg
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:11 AM
She felt lonly... but learned some japense like " I am tired".. ;)Thanks for the news Grace :) . Did she also learn : "I want to practice some more" :p ?

gracelay
Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the news Grace :) . Did she also learn : "I want to practice some more" :p ?

I guess not :o

Because of the sposer cotract, she has to change her racket from Wilson to Yonex. Hope she can get use to new recket as soon as possible. :)

Steveg
Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:48 AM
I hope so too :) . Do you know which Yonex racquet Su-Wei is using now?

And how is Su-Wei coping with the food? Does she miss taiwanese food?

King Aaron
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:46 PM
She seems to be adjusting well (I hope so). The usual homesickness and all. Maybe she likes Japanese food more now? ;)

gracelay
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:30 PM
I hope so too :) . Do you know which Yonex racquet Su-Wei is using now?

And how is Su-Wei coping with the food? Does she miss taiwanese food?

I think she doesn't have the problem with the food, becasue she loves Macdonald's... :drool:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:45 PM
I think she doesn't have the problem with the food, becasue she loves Macdonald's... :drool:

Junk food? Oooh, that's not healthy for her... :wavey:

King Aaron
Jun 24th, 2003, 03:53 PM
Who doesn't? ;)

Steveg
Jul 2nd, 2003, 03:34 AM
Is she eating at Mc Donald's everyday :eek: .

I found out there are some interesting burgers in Japan, compared to other places. What shocked me is that you have to pay to get additional chilly / ketchup on top of one individual portion :eek: .

And I hope that Su-Wei goes to bed early :rolleyes: .

gracelay
Jul 2nd, 2003, 02:42 PM
And I hope that Su-Wei goes to bed early :rolleyes: .

You met her on the net yesterday right?
She copied few messages you sent to her, ask me to translate....

Steveg
Jul 2nd, 2003, 03:00 PM
You met her on the net yesterday right?
She copied few messages you sent to her, ask me to translate....
It was very late (around 02:00AM in Japan :eek: ). And she had connections problems. So it was making a lot of noise, while I was working on something :o .

I guessed it was you behind the translations ;) .

lin
Jul 2nd, 2003, 08:23 PM
omg...maybe I should turn on my msn more often ;)

gorecki
Jul 3rd, 2003, 02:32 PM
hope she's training hard but able to enjoy her time in Japan as well.

Best of luck in the upcoming tournament Su-Wei :)

Libertango
Jul 3rd, 2003, 04:00 PM
Yea best of luck with the new racket, the training and the tournament Su-Wei! :)

gorecki
Jul 4th, 2003, 07:00 AM
yes - interested to know which Yonex racket she is switching to... the V-Con17 or the MP series?

Rising Sun
Jul 9th, 2003, 01:52 PM
Some news:

Su-Wei is playing the JTT Tokachi Open in Hokkaido this week. :)

She's currently ranked 15 in the JTP rankings, and the Top seed this week. It's a 64 player draw, and she'll be playing a WC entry in the 2nd rd after receiving a BYE in the 1st rd.

She's also playing doubles with Haruka Inoue this week.

I'll post her results if I find any. :)

Libertango
Jul 9th, 2003, 02:17 PM
Good luck Su-Wei! :D

King Aaron
Jul 9th, 2003, 03:54 PM
Oh my, you guys have Su-Wei's contacts? Besides gracelay of course.

Rising Sun
Jul 12th, 2003, 07:16 PM
Su-Wei won her 1st match 6-3 6-3 and will play the 67th ranked player in the 3rd rd. :)

Steveg
Jul 12th, 2003, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the news Luke :) . What was the ranking of the player Su-Wei beat :confused: .

gracelay
Jul 13th, 2003, 08:42 AM
JTT Tokachi Open

Su-wei won her 3RD single match 6-1 6-1 ;)

in doubles, 1RD 6-0 6-0 , 2RD 6-2 6-4,3RD 6-1 6-1 :lol:

gracelay
Jul 13th, 2003, 08:43 AM
Tokachi Open web

http://www8.ocn.ne.jp/~olta/listo.htm

Steveg
Jul 13th, 2003, 09:42 AM
Thanks Grace. That's not so good because Su-Wei head may inflate after these victories :p . She may think she is good :p .

And :eek: at the draw.

Libertango
Jul 13th, 2003, 10:35 AM
Well done and keep it up Su-Wei! :D

King Aaron
Jul 13th, 2003, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the draw. :)
Well done Su-Wei. :D

Rising Sun
Jul 13th, 2003, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the link Grace. :)

Stephane, Su-Wei's 1st rd opponent was an unranked WC. Her QF is against Chiaki Nakajima who is also ranked in the WTA tour.

I guess the most important thing for Su-Wei this week is getting her confidence and motivation back and so far it seems like everything's going according to plan. ;)

Steveg
Jul 13th, 2003, 07:55 PM
Alright. Nakajima is ranked #914 :) . Good luck to Su-Wei :D .

Who has the highest WTA ranking in this national tournament (besides Su-Wei if it is she)?

I agree with the confidence thingy :) .

I hope that Su-Wei will do well and pocket some money as I understand from Grace that this tournament is well funded ;) .

Also important is that Su-Wei takes the most of her stay in Japan to work on her condition and her focus.

Go Su-Wei :bounce: .

lin
Jul 14th, 2003, 03:25 AM
Su-Wei won the doubles title, but lost to her doubles partner Haruka Inoue (WTA ranking #478 now, career-high singles #108) in the singles final 4-6 6-4 1-6.

well done Su-Wei :)

kfh_9118
Jul 14th, 2003, 01:10 PM
Well done Su Wei. Hope she can get back to WTA level soon :)

ex hopman
Jul 14th, 2003, 05:51 PM
Big K is really close to my home-home!!
Kyoko Nagatsuka used to train there.

Yey, she's playing for New York with McEnroes!!

gracelay
Jul 15th, 2003, 02:23 PM
Big K is really close to my home-home!!
Kyoko Nagatsuka used to train there.

Yey, she's playing for New York with McEnroes!!

Your home in Japen? How is the school?

King Aaron
Jul 15th, 2003, 05:52 PM
Well done Su-Wei. :D :) This is a great result. :)

Rising Sun
Jul 15th, 2003, 06:16 PM
Alright. Nakajima is ranked #914 :) . Good luck to Su-Wei :D .

Who has the highest WTA ranking in this national tournament (besides Su-Wei if it is she)?

I agree with the confidence thingy :) .

I hope that Su-Wei will do well and pocket some money as I understand from Grace that this tournament is well funded ;) .

Also important is that Su-Wei takes the most of her stay in Japan to work on her condition and her focus.

Go Su-Wei :bounce: .
Satomi Kinjo & Haruka Inoue were the other higher ranked WTA players. :)

This is Satomi's 1st tourney back since last year. :)

Libertango
Jul 15th, 2003, 10:43 PM
I know this is going to sound like a silly question, after all this time, but how do you pronounce Su-Wei's last name?? Is it 'Hi' or 'Sheih' or what?!!.... :o

lin
Jul 16th, 2003, 06:55 AM
I know this is going to sound like a silly question, after all this time, but how do you pronounce Su-Wei's last name?? Is it 'Hi' or 'Sheih' or what?!!.... :o

It's more likely to be 'Sheih' ;)

Rising Sun
Jul 19th, 2003, 07:30 PM
There will be another JTT event this coming week at Fukushima. Player list is here, but I can't view it. Su-Wei may be playing there... :confused:

http://www11.plala.or.jp/regina-open/kaisai-yoko%20list.pdf

Rising Sun
Jul 20th, 2003, 07:37 AM
Thanks Stephane, but this is the men's list. :sad:
Was there another list in in the file? :confused:

You can delete the previous post. ;)

lin
Jul 20th, 2003, 07:41 AM
No, she is not in the list. Besides, I think it's men's event's list based on their name in Chinese character?

gracelay
Jul 20th, 2003, 08:11 AM
There will be another JTT event this coming week at Fukushima. Player list is here, but I can't view it. Su-Wei may be playing there... :confused:

http://www11.plala.or.jp/regina-open/kaisai-yoko%20list.pdf

Su-wei is in the women main drew...she received WC. :)

lin, they spelled her name in Japense not in Chiniese character, but I can read Japenese a little bit. :angel:

lin
Jul 20th, 2003, 08:14 AM
Su-wei is in the women main drew...she received WC. :)

lin, they spelled her name in Japense not in Chiniese character, but I can read Japenese a little bit. :angel:

oh thanks for explanation ;) Good luck to her :)

Steveg
Jul 20th, 2003, 09:32 AM
Thanks Stephane, but this is the men's list. :sad:
Was there another list in in the file? :confused:

You can delete the previous post. ;)
I have emailed you all the lists under JPEG format. You did not receive :confused: .

Libertango
Jul 20th, 2003, 11:01 AM
Good for Su-Wei! :D
So does anyone know her long-term plans? Is she playing now just for the fun/money or is this a planned return to the tour? :confused:

Rising Sun
Jul 20th, 2003, 11:21 AM
I have emailed you all the lists under JPEG format. You did not receive :confused: .
Thanks, I got them. :)

Su-Wei indeed got a WC. :D

I wonder how long more she intends to stay in Japan? :confused: I thought it was only 4 weeks originally...

Steveg
Jul 20th, 2003, 11:27 AM
She has been adopted :p .

Rising Sun
Jul 20th, 2003, 12:12 PM
She has been adopted :p .
There's a Vietnamese-American playing in the men's event. Tzu-Ting Weng used to be in the Japanese national rankings as well. :)

It also helps if your coach is very influential in Japanese tennis circles to get WCs here and there. ;)

lin
Jul 20th, 2003, 03:46 PM
I heard one month ago she will stay in Japan until September, don't know if she changed the plan though...