PDA

View Full Version : Any Su-Wei info?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

lin
Aug 14th, 2002, 01:54 AM
Actually Su-Wei already flied to NY on Monday(I think she already arrived). She will still play US Open,Hawaii and Bali :) .

Eric_tennis
Aug 14th, 2002, 07:29 AM
Poor girl. :sad:

Bad news,.. then good news. :)

Hopefully she can do well in US open, Hawaii and Bali. ( Not against Mi-ra, though. ;) )

I don't know why somebody doesn't help her from this situation. She is a promising young girl, maybe some tennis federation people in Taiwan or some big agency( like IMG or Octagon) can play a good role on this matter.

I was surprised when I saw her father. He was much smaller than I expected. Not taller than 155cm,... and he is not a muscle man. ;)
But he definitely looked stringent. When she was practicing her serve in a practice court,... her father, brother and sister was in another court next to playing court. Her father yelled something,... maybe order to come his court or something,... and Su-wei made an expression of discontent and reluctance. Then he said something loud,... so, many spectators and even players paid attention on them. :o
At that time I sensed her relationship with her father was not that joyful,... but they really looked tennis family with her little bother and sister. :)

Hope it wouldn't be another Lucic case. :(

Good luck to her and her family.
:D

Steveg
Aug 14th, 2002, 10:22 AM
Eric,

she was somehow assisted a little bit by a Taiwanese company and got to train in the US last year :) .

I think she would actually a bit more of promotion (including promoting herself, but she is a bit young) to get herself known.

And maybe a good sports management company, but there are so many sharks around :( (I think Mi-Ra knows something about it, doesn't she ;) ).

Most of the time, her father would tell her to be more in the court and hit the ball earlier (she is extremely talented and very fast, but she tends to move back in the court, slowing down the game while her strength is her speed) :) . I saw that in Pattaya last year (I was sitting next to her dad).

I hope their relationship will improve because his dad has (at least at Pattaya) been of excellent advice to her :) (I can't comment on his tone as I don't understand Mandarin :o ).

And I hope she'll get the motivation to win matches :) , just like Mi-Ra this year :D .

Steveg
Aug 14th, 2002, 10:24 AM
And by the way, my personal feeling is that the Taiwan Tennis Federation is hopeless :( .

eseaboyqoo
Aug 14th, 2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Steveg
And by the way, my personal feeling is that the Taiwan Tennis Federation is hopeless :( .

That' s right !! :wavey:

Steveg
Aug 14th, 2002, 02:57 PM
eseaboyqoo

How did you manage to get this photo of me :confused: :angel: ?

This photo is from Su Wei / Ka Po match last year in Pattaya against Tammy / Yayuk.

But I won't tell you where I am in the pic :p .

lin
Aug 14th, 2002, 04:39 PM
:o

eseaboyqoo
Aug 16th, 2002, 03:20 AM
eseaboyqoo

How did you manage to get this photo of me :confused: :angel: ?

This photo is from Su Wei / Ka Po match last year in Pattaya against Tammy / Yayuk.

But I won't tell you where I am in the pic :p .

I got this photo in Pattaya website~~:wavey: :kiss:

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Aug 16th, 2002, 07:22 PM
good luck Su-Wei!!!! go girl! you can do it! ;)

so sorry to hear about all the problem she's having... :sad: :mad: @ her dad for hitting her.

Lin, when you talk to her again, dont' forget that she has many Taiwanese fans that are abroad! ;)

lin
Aug 16th, 2002, 11:10 PM
She will know she has many Taiwanese fans that are abroad very soon Marri ;)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Aug 16th, 2002, 11:45 PM
oh, how come? ;)

Steveg
Aug 17th, 2002, 02:30 AM
Because it is in the book that Lin is writing about Su-Wei :p .

lin
Aug 17th, 2002, 05:45 AM
How come everyone said I'm writing a book about Su-Wei :confused: :o :p

I'm NOT :angel:

Maybe it's Steveg who will write the book about Su-Wei ;) .

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Aug 18th, 2002, 02:48 PM
you guys are confusing Me! :p :o

Lin, id you are writing a book... you have to send my one copy, with your autograph! ;)

lin
Aug 21st, 2002, 11:20 PM
Maria Geznenge def. Su-Wei Hsieh 6-1 7-5

poor girl :sad: :sad:

Steveg
Aug 22nd, 2002, 01:03 AM
http://www.usopen.org/images/pics/large/bvq2012.jpg
"Su-Wei Hsieh (TPE) played a good second set but lost her first round qualifying match to Maria Geznenge (BUL)."

:sad:

http://www.usopen.org/images/pics/large/bhq2017.jpg
"Su-Wei Hsieh (TPE) returning to Maria Geznenge (BEL) in a first-round qualifying match. Geznenge went on to take the match, 6-1, 7-5."

Yu-lun Wang
Aug 22nd, 2002, 04:21 PM
If Su-wei's father and Taiwan's Tennis Association can not recognize that they are the main reasons which make Su-wei go down like this, then I won't surprise Su-wei will fall out of top 200 very soon, or even give up on tennis in the coming recent years.
:(

adlysha babalu
Aug 24th, 2002, 04:25 PM
shheezee..so sad to hear her storryy..she's used to be such a young and talented player..unfortunately she lost in the qual of US open..
is she playing US open junior?

lin
Sep 1st, 2002, 06:33 AM
Su-Wei won't play US Open juniors singles because of her father's stupid behaviour :rolleyes: . Hopefully she will play doubles though...

And She said she is already in Hawaii's main draw now :D.

She wants to play Tokyo, Bali, Asian Games and Asian Championship(good news for Steveg ;) ) But Taiwanese Tennis Federation wants her to come back Taiwan soon :rolleyes:, so there is a problem, and visa is also another problem.

Hopefully she will at least play Hawaii and Bali before Asian Games :) .

eseaboyqoo
Sep 2nd, 2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by lin
Su-Wei won't play US Open juniors singles because of her father's stupid behaviour :rolleyes: . Hopefully she will play doubles though...

And She said she is already in Hawaii's main draw now :D.

She wants to play Tokyo, Bali, Asian Games and Asian Championship(good news for Steveg ;) ) But Taiwanese Tennis Federation wants her to come back Taiwan soon :rolleyes:, so there is a problem, and visa is also another problem.

Hopefully she will at least play Hawaii and Bali before Asian Games :) .

I think she won't play bail.....

eseaboyqoo
Sep 2nd, 2002, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by eseaboyqoo

I think she won't play bail.....

and us open junior double

lin
Sep 19th, 2002, 01:28 PM
After Asian Games and Asian Championship, Su-Wei will play Pattaya to defend QF pts from last year. Does anyone know which week's ranking will the commitment base on?

I hope it's this week or next week's ranking before Bali.

She will also play some Challengers after Pattaya to maintain her Position at Aus Open Qualifying :) .

Rising Sun
Sep 19th, 2002, 05:15 PM
lin, thanks for the news. I think it'll be based on this week's rankings, but I'm not 100% sure. :)

Su-Wei is allowed to play 6 more tourneys until her 17th birthday, so here is my prediction of her schedule after the Asian Championships (I'm hoping she follows this anyway): ;)

* Pattaya (Tier V)
* $25K Port Pirie, AUS
* $25K Nuriootpa, AUS
* $25K Mount Gambier, AUS
* $25K Nonthaburi, THA
* Auckland or Gold Coast (2003)

Steveg
Sep 19th, 2002, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the news Lin :) . So I will most probably see Su-Wei in Tashkent :D .

I have already the air ticket and the hotel reservation. Just waiting for the visa hopefully available by next week.

Just crossing fingers now and hoping there will not be some last minute work emergency :eek: .

I'll be bringing with me my video camera too this time :D. So not only pictures but also digital movies (easy to send over internet, except that I have a lousy connection here :( ).

For Pattaya, I am looking at the possibility to go for the Saturday and Sunday matches (SF and final). I hope she'll go upto this point ;) .

lin
Sep 20th, 2002, 12:28 AM
danker,I hope your prediction is right ;).

Steveg,wish you will have a good time in Tashkent :), and maybe you can see Su-Wei in Pattaya ;).

Steveg
Sep 20th, 2002, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by lin
Steveg,wish you will have a good time in Tashkent :), and maybe you can see Su-Wei in Pattaya ;). I'll see Su-Wei in Tashkent anyway if it's confirmed she goes :D .

lin
Sep 20th, 2002, 12:12 PM
I'm pretty sure she will play Asian Championship ;) .

Steveg
Sep 20th, 2002, 12:36 PM
No one can be 100% certain in advance, even Su Wei herself ;) . But I do hope she'll go :D .

lin
Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:39 PM
Su-Wei injured her wrist when she picked the baggages in Korea :sad:

She isn't sure if she will play against India or not, I hope she's fine to play... :angel:

Steveg
Oct 2nd, 2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by lin
Su-Wei injured her wrist when she picked the baggages in Korea :sad: This is amazing :eek: . How many kg are her luggage :eek: . She is moving with her house in her bags or what?

I hope she'll be fine (and in particular for the Asian Championships ;) ).

Tell her I'll carry her luggage in Tashkent :p .

lin
Oct 5th, 2002, 01:30 PM
picture of Su-Wei at Asian Games ;)

Steveg
Oct 8th, 2002, 02:23 AM
Su Wei is currently ranked 7 at the 3rd round of the Sanex of the Year award :D .

lin
Oct 8th, 2002, 02:54 AM
Su-Wei have to thank her compatriots keeping voting this ;)

I still haven't voted for this :o

Steveg
Oct 8th, 2002, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by lin
Su-Wei have to thank her compatriots keeping voting this ;)

I still haven't voted for this :o I have voted ;) but I am not her compatriot :) .

lin
Oct 8th, 2002, 06:20 AM
I mean many people voted more than once :eek: ;) .

Steveg
Oct 23rd, 2002, 02:50 AM
Hello Lin :wavey: ,

Can you please check your Personal Messages?

Steveg
Oct 23rd, 2002, 01:15 PM
The final round is starting today and Su-Wei is part of it :D .

Don't forget to vote for her :) .

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Oct 24th, 2002, 05:39 PM
it didn't work when i wanted to vote for the 2nd time..... :o i used diff email addies.... :confused:

Steveg
Nov 2nd, 2002, 04:41 AM
Su-Wei is not playing at Pattaya :sad: . She will lose a lot of points :sad: .

I hope at least that she is OK :confused: .

adlysha babalu
Nov 2nd, 2002, 10:20 AM
steveg: howcome..goshh! her ranking!!

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Nov 2nd, 2002, 05:32 PM
what's going on with su-wei?? :sad: :confused:

Martian KC
Nov 5th, 2002, 02:06 AM
She is seriously not concentrated on tennis. She won't make the Australian qualifyings.:(

Steveg
Nov 5th, 2002, 02:08 AM
According to Chin-Wei Chan, her wrist injury was still preventing her from playing tennis, which is why she did not go to Pattaya. She waited until the last minute to see if she could go or not :sad: .

lin
Nov 5th, 2002, 04:09 AM
:sad: :sad: :(

le-plus-beau
Nov 14th, 2002, 02:34 PM
so is she still healing her injury? quite sad!

I hope she'' ll be able to play ausopen qualis.

I'm sure if she gets 100% recovered she will climb to top 100 in 2003.

you deserve more SU WEI

gorecki
Nov 21st, 2002, 10:43 AM
yeap... hope she quickly recovers and have a great season in 2003...

gorecki
Nov 29th, 2002, 08:16 AM
*bump*

speedy recovery + a fruitful 2003 season Su-Wei!

:bounce:

adlysha babalu
Nov 29th, 2002, 03:40 PM
mann..so is she having probs with her dad??
hope not..
so whats her next tournament??

lin
Nov 29th, 2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by adlysha babalu
mann..so is she having probs with her dad??
hope not..
so whats her next tournament??

no plan for her to play abroad so far...

Shine On Silver Moon
Nov 30th, 2002, 05:25 AM
What Taiwan Tennis Association does to Hsieh is nothing new for Indonesia! The National Tennis Federation here loves to make enemies...especially with players! There has been several casualties for both women and men players...Joice Riana Sutedja...was actively playing in challenger tourneys back in early 1990s...Romana Tedjakusuma...now is retired...Angie has no support at all from this national body...Angie is fully supported by her parents!!! So, I cannot wait with the new President and new members of this national body which will be elected next month...:( :( :( :sad: :sad: :sad:

lin
Nov 30th, 2002, 08:24 AM
yes, it's really sad that tennis isn't popular and can't get more attention in some Asian countries :( :sad: .

Shine On Silver Moon
Nov 30th, 2002, 08:42 AM
Actually tennis is always popular in Indonesia but it is not as popular as soccer or badminton...Soccer since 1980s has been such a waste for us...too much money being spent with no spectacular achievement...too much corruption indeed and bribes! Actually, badminton and tennis have always been making glory for Indonesia in multi event like Asian Games to say the least...Badminton is obviously the king with gold medals in 1992, 1996 & 2000 Olympics...Nevertheless, Indonesian tennis has been consistently brought home gold medals from Asian Games as far as I remember since 1974, 1978, 1982, 1986, 1990, 1998 and recently 2002...Yayuk Basuki is the biggest contributor since 1986 until 1998! We used to have more international tournaments in early 1990s when the economy was okay...We used to have Danamon Open or known as First Lady Cup in Jakarta (sponsored by private national bank called Danamon) in which Yayuk Basuki won twice!!!

Then, for men, we held Indonesian Open by IBM for 2 years in which Michael Chang came out as the champ for 2 years in a row...Then, we used to invite big stars like Martina Navratilova to play for exhibition...I had the privilege to watch her, Michael Chang, Gabriella Sabatini, Martina Hingis (for Fed Cup when Basuki won against Hingis) and many other players...Even 2 years ago, we still had 12 tournaments for Futures and Satellittes...For 2003, we will only host 2 tourneys of 10K!

Despite of the lack of support from the government and the national tennis federation, we are lucky to have Yayuk Basuki, Wynne Prakusya and Angelique Widjaja in representing the name of Indonesia in the world of tennis...For men, we are now behind from Thailand...

Bravo tennis in Indonesia and Asia!!!:cool: :D :) :wavey: :bounce: :wavey: :kiss: :bounce:

Steveg
Dec 4th, 2002, 10:57 AM
To come back to the title of the thread, I heard today that the situation has drastically improved between Su-Wei and her father. If it is true, it is certainly an excellent news :) .

spiceboy
Dec 4th, 2002, 11:25 AM
I hope so...

kfh_9118
Dec 4th, 2002, 01:08 PM
That's great news, Steve

lin
Dec 5th, 2002, 12:39 AM
It seems better now, and her father also posted some nice words on her yahoo club :) . But I believe it's still a long way to go...

I will try to get more information about this later today...

Martian KC
Dec 5th, 2002, 02:51 AM
Thanks for the updates, guys! I hope they have cleared up any hostility towards each other.:)

gorecki
Dec 5th, 2002, 06:20 AM
a better 2003 Su Wei!

Rising Sun
Dec 5th, 2002, 03:46 PM
This certainly is good news. :)

I hope her injury heals perfectly, and since she can't play Aus Open qualies next year, I hope she plays the junior events in Australia instead in order to stay match tough.

All the best to her! :cool:

lin
Dec 19th, 2002, 09:29 AM
Su-Wei didn't enter the Australian circuit juniors tourneys :( :sad:, I think right now if she wants to come back, she will play our local tournament first and I hope she will do this...

Steveg
Dec 19th, 2002, 11:24 AM
All the best to her anyway. I hope she will have some nice holidays and a good time with her family :D .

Libertango
Dec 28th, 2002, 12:09 PM
Good luck Su-wei, and I hope you sort all your personal and injury problems out first before getting back on the tennis court!!

gracelay
Jan 2nd, 2003, 02:45 PM
Su-wei hurt her right wrist during Asian Game. But recover day by day.
I saw her practice few days ago, she really need a coach.

Rising Sun
Jan 3rd, 2003, 04:34 PM
It is a good sign that you saw her practising. :)

Hopefully the injury heals 100% before she starts playing any matches. I wonder when this might be... :confused:

lin
Jan 4th, 2003, 05:28 AM
Today is Su-Wei's 17yr old birthday :)

Happy Birthday Su-Wei :D :bounce: :D

adlysha babalu
Jan 4th, 2003, 03:32 PM
HAAPPPYY BIRTTTHHDAYYY Su-Wei..
hope so see her in tournaments soon!

lin
Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:05 AM
I got uncertain news about Su-Wei few days ago, but today it's reported on the newspaper. So I think I can talk about it now :) .

Su-Wei's sponsor now not only give players money but also hire some coaches to help players, and the company's president still think Su-Wei has a lot potential, so he help her a lot and make a plan for her.

The plan is she may come back in April, and she may play some challengers or juniors tournaments, but still it depends on herself, she still needs to train as she isn't fit yet now.

Steveg
Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:11 AM
Thanks for the news lin :) . This is excellent indeed. In Tashkent, the news I had were that the sponsor wanted to situation between her and her father to improve.

Obviously this sponsor has changed its mind and ruled in favour of Su-Wei :) . I hope they will find a good coach for her.

She must come at the ITF in Hochiminh City :D . It's in April :) .

Can you please post in her Yahoo message board that she should play the $25K tourney in Hochiminh City as a practice :D . She'll get free pictures ;) .

lin
Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:22 AM
wow you replied just after my post in few minutes :eek: :D .

I think you can send a email to her as she seldom surfs the net and comes to that message board recently :) .

Steveg
Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:26 AM
But I think also that she seldoms check her email address these days :sad: . She may be browsing her message board and not post :confused: .

I had a feeling you had posted something about Su-Wei ;) . That's why I came to have a look :) .

lin
Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:34 AM
Actually as far as I know she doesn't surf the net so often, so...

anyway, I think I can help you by sending email to her friend who can tell her by phone :) .

Steveg
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:59 AM

gracelay
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:20 AM
I show this board to Su-wei this afternoon,she was surprised that many people are supporting her until now.(She said thanks for Steve's pictures.)
About the fist tourment in April , is there a ITF in South Korea?
She would think about entry the $25K tourney in Hochiminh City, if no tourment in S.K.
PS: I took her pictures today, but still working on transfering to my computer:sad:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:39 AM
gracelay...please tell her that I am waiting her participation in any tournament here in Indonesia...maybe in Jakarta or Bali for Wismilak...Angie & Hsieh have been playing well as double pair! Come on...come and back in Indonesia! Sure, you have fans here!:cool: :wavey: :cool: :bounce:

lin
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:31 AM

yes, I think you knows who ;) . But right now I think gracelay will help you ;) .

so good on you for asking him/her directly now and future :wavey:

gracelay, the South Korea tournaments has been pushed back due to Fed Cup. So the only Asian $25K in April is Hochiminh City :) . BTW, did you join Su-Wei's yahoo message board and ever post there :confused: .

gracelay
Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:20 PM
to lin,
thanks for the information, i will tell her.
yes,I am one of Su-wei's yahoo club member, and post there for few times.(the nickname is Kuanghanlay)

to lokayama,
i will copy your words and send them to su-wei, thanks.

Steveg
Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:53 PM
I do hope that Su-Wei will be able to come in Hochiminh City in April :D .

And there's definitely no ITF in South Korea :) .

As I said, she'll get a free picture of herself ;) . I may also give her some pics of her from Tashkent (poster size :eek: ).

Glad she liked them btw :) .

Steveg
Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:58 PM
I forgot to ask : is Su-Wei continuing to learn English :confused: . And going to school?

gracelay
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:05 PM
she is not going to school...but I think she can read most of words on this board.

Steveg
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by lin
BTW, did you join Su-Wei's yahoo message board and ever post there :confused: . I noticed btw that you posted something today (23.01), lin, if not mistaken ;) .

And a pic I took in Tashkent is back again :angel: .

I am surprised Su-Wei does not get the updated ITF tournament calendar :confused: . It is available here (PDF format) :

Printable 2003 ITF Women's Tournament Calendar (http://www.wtatour.com/assets/story_pdf/2003ITFCalendar.pdf)

And it is updated regularly (approximately once a month or so). I think that the latest update is dated Jan-06.

lin
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:08 PM
Yes I did post, it's the news :angel:

gracelay
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:21 PM
yes, i've already printed one copy(canlender ) to her.

thank you Steve.

Becasue of it , i noticed there is no 25K South Korea tourment at April.I think she will reconsider her plan.
;)

Steveg
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:22 PM
lin and Gracelay, do you live together :confused: ?? Because you seem to be connecting together ;) .

Steveg
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:23 PM
And you're welcome gracelay :) .

If this helps to convince Su-Wei to go to Hochiminh City mid-April, I am extremely glad to have been of assistance :D .

The crowd is fantastic here and several players come back year after year :) (John van Lottum for instance for the men).

Steveg
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:36 PM
I wonder btw if Su-Wei will be playing Fed Cup tie in Japan this year. She did not go last year, officially because of visas problems to go to China.

lin
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:46 PM
No, we even don't know each other :angel: . But I know who she is now ;) .

I hope she will play Fed Cup this year, I think the visas problems was not the main problem last year.

btw, you seems very excited right now Stephane ;) .

Steveg
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by lin
No, we even don't know each other :angel: . But I know who she is now ;) .

I hope she will play Fed Cup this year, I think the visas problems was not the main problem last year.

btw, you seems very excited right now Stephane ;) . lin, as I said, it was the official reason ;) .

I am extremely pleased to learn that all is going so well for Su-Wei :) , aren't you?

Hope to have some more good news about Su-Wei.

If you are talking of my number of posts, it is certainly increasing these past days, but it is because there are more news available :) .

And I am extremely (and badly) excited that there is no news from Grenoble :fiery: , even if it has nothing to do with this thread.

I think I'll send a scud to the tourney director tomorrow :mad: .

This being said, it is surprising that you connect at the same time with gracelay, isn't it :angel: .

lin
Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:10 PM
Actually I was online all night after I came back home, and I'm ready off now :) . It's indeed a coincidence though :angel: .

I'm talking about your post in this thread, look at how many posts do we have in this thread one day :eek: ;) .

I think Grenoble results will be out soon, so just keep waiting
:wavey: .

Steveg
Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:13 PM
Yes indeed, many posts in one day :) . But we are making up for the time where no information was available ;) .

I am certain Su-Wei will also make up for the time she did not play and come back even stronger :) .

And don't forget to check your PMs ;) .

I'll be off-line now as I am playing tennis in 8 hours.

gracelay
Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:49 PM
G---lin, u konw who i am? But i don't even know who u are and where are u?

;)

I think Su-wei didn't play Fed Cup last year because of her father was threating the CTTA....
Anyway, i think she want to and plan to play Fed Cup this year.BUTTTT

:eek:

The National Team will be selected by National ranking, if Su-wei didn't play any all Taiwan compition (sorry, my English is very poor don't know how to write the exact the title of these tourments), and her WTA ranking also fell out of #300, she won't be in the national ranking at all!!!!!
it's pretty much possible that she will out of WTA ranking300 on April.:eek:

okay, that would be a big problem for the CTTA..:confused:

Steveg
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:39 AM
Gracelay, if Su-Wei plays Fed Cup this year, I am not certain she'll go to Hochiminh City :sad: as it is just one week before the Fed Cup tie in Japan :sad: . Playing Hochiminh City would be however a good warm-up for her.

I am not certain if Su-Wei will have been away from the tour for 6 months or not as at April 2003 :confused: . If she will have been, she can apply for a special ranking. I am not certain if Pusan and Tashkent are considered as ITF circuit events :confused: . She should check that out with the ITF :) .

C. WTA TOUR 2003 SPECIAL RANKING RULE
1. Criteria and Guidelines
All Injury Special Ranking applicants must notify the Tour of their impending need for a Special Ranking within six (6) months of their injury. A signed application with public release statement along with medical documentation including the diagnosis of condition, a copy of clinical visit, Physicians notes/documentation and all relevant laboratory tests and applicable surgical reports, must be submitted to the Tour Operations Department for the approval of a special ranking status. All medical documentation will be turned over to the Sport Sciences and Medicine Department to be kept in the player’ confidential medical file.
a. A player must have been off the Tour a minimum of six (6) months and a maximum of two (2) years to be eligible for a WTA Tour Special Ranking.
b. In singles, only players ranked in the top 300 on the WTA
Rankings at the time they stopped playing will be eligible for a WTA Tour singles Special Ranking.
c. In doubles, only players ranked in the top 200 on the WTA Rankings at the time they stopped playing will be eligible for a doubles Special Ranking.
d. A player has one (1) year from the time she returns to competition and plays her first Tournament to use the Special Ranking Tournaments granted by the WTA Tour.

"Return to competition" is defined as a player playing any WTA Tour Tournament or ITF Women's Circuit event, and using either her "Actual" Ranking, her Special Ranking or a Wild Card to gain entry into that Tournament.
Doubles and Singles “return to competition” dates shall be treated separately. A player will have 52 weeks in which to use her singles Special Ranking and 52 weeks in which to use her doubles Special Ranking from date of return.
e. A player's Special Ranking will be the ranking she earned immediately following the last Tournament she played.
f. A player may not be seeded using her Special Ranking, however under extenuating circumstances, the WTA Tour reserves the right to seed a Gold Exempt player while she is playing under the Special Ranking Rule. A player may be seeded using her Actual ranking even if she has been accepted into the Tournament using her Special Ranking.
g. A player may use her Special Ranking and Actual Ranking interchangeably, however, once a player has used her Special Ranking to enter a Tournament, after the entry deadline, she may not change her entry status to use her Actual Ranking. If a player has been accepted into a Tournament using her Special Ranking, only prior to the Update Ranking deadline, * may she accept a Wild Card into the same event (Main Draw to Main Draw or Qualifying to Qualifying). A player accepted into the Qualifying of a Tournament using her Special Ranking may accept a Wild Card into the Main Draw up until 4:00 p.m. the day of the Qualifying Sign-In.

*The Tournament Director must confirm the Wild Card nomination in writing to the Tour (Florida Office) by the Update Ranking deadline.

h. The number of Special Ranking Tournaments a player will be granted is eight (8). To be eligible for a Special Ranking, the six (6) months mandatory time off the Tour is calculated by:
i. The last Tournament a player played, whether it was in singles or in doubles;
ii. The first Tournament a player plays upon her return, whether she uses her Special Ranking, Actual Ranking, or she receives a Wild Card (see Note below).
iii. If a player has been accepted into a tournament using her Special Ranking but withdraws from the tournament before she plays her first match it will not count as a Special ranking tournament. A player will, however, be responsible for any fines assessed for late withdrawals or no-shows.

Note: Upon her return, it is the player's responsibility to report to the WTA Tour the first Tournament she actually plays, whether she is accepted into an ITF or WTA Tour Tournament using her Special Ranking, Actual Ranking or a Wild Card. From the time a player plays her first Tournament (using either her Special Ranking, Actual or by Wild Card), she will have twelve months to use her eight Special Ranking Tournaments.

i. Grand Slams: A player who misses a minimum of three (3) Grand Slams during her time off the Tour may enter a maximum of one (1) Grand Slam using her Special Ranking.
j. Maternity and injury/illness Special Ranking requests will be governed by the same rules, however, as for absences due to maternity leave, for a player to be eligible for a Special Ranking such player must be ready to play her first Tournament within twelve (12) months of the birth of her child.
k. Quality Points awarded for defeating a Special Ranking player will be based on that player's Actual Ranking, not on her Special Ranking.
l. All Special Ranking requests for use in WTA Tour or ITF Women's Circuit events must be made through the Operations Department of the WTA Tour by the Tour entry deadline or at least one (1) week prior to the entry deadline of an ITF Women’s Circuit event. No requests after the entry deadlines will be considered.
If Special Ranking privileges are abused, the player's Special Ranking will be automatically revoked.

NOTE: A Special Ranking may not be used to gain entry into the Tour Championships.
NOTE: If a player uses her Doubles Special Ranking to enter a doubles Qualifying, it will count as a doubles Special Ranking Tournament used, regardless of whether or not the team qualifies for the Main Draw.
NOTE: A player’s Special Ranking will not be used to determine her Lucky Loser position or status. Only a player’s Actual Ranking will be used to determine the Lucky Loser order.
NOTE: Mixed Doubles at a Grand Slam will count towards a player’s doubles allotment under the Special Ranking Rule. If a player uses her Doubles Special Ranking to enter a Doubles Main Draw and/or Qualifying and the Mixed Doubles at a Grand Slam, it will count as 1 Doubles Grand Slam Special Ranking if she is eligible to enter the Doubles Grand Slam event using her Special
Ranking.

The Tour reserves the right to review and amend this rule during the year, if changes are in the best interest of the players and the Tour.

Hope this will help Su-Wei :) .

Steveg
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:40 AM
As for Fed Cup last year, I think unofficially it is something internal and that is personal :) , but indeed has something to do with her dad ;) .

lin
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:53 AM
gracelay, I'm the one who posted the someone's news yesterday ;) , so you should know who I am ;) .

I know the National Team will be selected by National ranking if you doesn't have high ATP/WTA ranking, so I think she should play this year's first Taiwanese National Ranking Competition which will be held in early March, it can not only be practicing but also she can gain national ranking. Someone told me she doesn't want to lose in Taiwan, but well... ;). I don't know if she only plays once and wins is enough or not though.

I don't really think she needs to use Special Ranking to enter Hochiminh City as she will be ranked around #310 there. But still, if she can have special Ranking, it's good for her to apply it as she can play some high level tournaments like RG qualifying. Also, I don't think there is a problem for her playing in Hochiminh City, as it's very near Japan, so don't worry too much Stephane ;) .

btw, if the CTTA wants to give her a special offer for playing Fed Cup , I hope other parents won't complain it again like they did before :rolleyes: .

gracelay
Jan 24th, 2003, 08:50 AM
lin,so u are "that lin", i know who you are.;)

yes, i think she need no special ranking also the application is tooooo complicated to her( and for me):rolleyes:
thank you Steve.

about the national ranking, there must be many complain from ohter parents, if she could play one round (in the main drew ), she can get the points she wants.
As you said she doesn't want to lose in Taiwan...

:confused:

Steveg
Jan 24th, 2003, 11:25 AM
Is it a "special" lin :confused: . Can you share with us :) ?

Best way to get ranking points is certainly to come in Hochiminh City in April ;) .

lin
Jan 24th, 2003, 12:05 PM
Yes, there is another lin in her yahoo message board. I didn't use "lin" to be my name in yahoo message board, so someone used similar name to be his/her nickname there, he/she knows Su-Wei as well.But he/she has disappeared for a long time.

As for losing in Taiwan, it's kind of joke that we were talking about, but still I think she doesn't want to lose in Taiwan since she didn't lose a match in Taiwan last year...

Getting ranking points in Hochiminh City in April will be too late for Fed Cup selections, so... ;) .

Steveg
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:49 PM
... so it will assist her to improve her WTA ranking and play higher tourneys in future, and it can be a good warm-up in case she plays Fed Cup, so... ;) .

Rising Sun
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:31 PM
Su-Wei's last official tour tourney was Hawaii, so her Protected Ranking should come to affect as from early March. I certainly hope she's applied for one.

BTW, she won't be able to play RG qualies, as you have to miss a minimum of 3 GS to be able to use your PR to enter a GS. :sad:

This year, she's allowed to play 13 tourneys + 4 GS. If she does return in April, a good target would be to make the US Open qualies with her own rank. :cool:

All the best to her. :)

Steveg
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:31 PM
Yes but I am not sure if the ITF events (Asian Games and Asian Championships) count or not :confused: . Logic would dictate that it is a team event where ranking is not relevant, but it is better to check that out.

If Hawai is the last event, then Su-Wei could make use of her ranking as at Sep 16 (right after the tourney) that was then #132 in singles :D .

The US Open qualies would be a good target :D .

Rising Sun
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:03 PM
I didn't think Asian Games nor the Asian Championships were ITF events in the 1st place... :confused:

Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure they're not counted...

Steveg
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:11 PM
Yes they are :) , as far as tennis is concerned :) . These events were organised by the ATF, Asian affiliate of the ITF ;) .

The same way, the ITF Hochiminh City is under the scope of the ATF.

Rising Sun
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:23 PM
Even so, I've always thought that for the tourney to be considered an ITF Sanctioned Event, the results have to be recorded in the player's official win-loss statistics... :confused:

It is the case for the Hopman Cup. Before it was sanctioned by the ITF, results were not officially counted.

Steveg
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:28 PM
Not certain about that :) . I'll check that out in March with the ATF.

As mentioned earlier though, the rule has been made for players who stopped playing right after their injury. As far as Su-Wei is concerned, she did not play since Hawaii but was not injured till the Asian Championships. I am not certain therefore that the standard ruling would apply :) .

Steveg
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:34 PM
These two events are not exhibitions. So I am not sure if they should be included in the events that count for the special ranking or not. As I said, I'll check that out in March.

But Su-Wei should have a look too because it could be interesting if she can get a protected ranking at #132.

Rising Sun
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:34 PM
This is certainly a complicated issue, like you've said. :(

Anyway, since she plans to come back in April, whether her injury rank comes into place a month later won't matter anyway. :cool:

Steveg
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:40 PM
I do hope that Su-Wei will come back in April :D .

Rising Sun
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:44 PM
A #132 PR rank would be great! :D

It I were her, I'd use it to enter $50K, $75K maindraw events.

No point using it for lower Tier WTA events as it would only likely to get her into qualies, unless she sneaks into the maindraw with that ranking. :cool:

Rising Sun
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:47 PM
This is the strategy most players with a PR ranking of lower than 100 tend to do.

Saying this, entering Tier I & II WTA events with the PR ranking would be a good idea, but only when she's at her last tourneys with the PR.

The best way to rise up in the rankings again after injury is plenty of easy matches, so Challengers is the way to go. :cool:

Steveg
Jan 24th, 2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by danker
Saying this, entering Tier I & II WTA events with the PR ranking would be a good idea, but only when she's at her last tourneys with the PR. and mentally ready to face this kind of competition in the circuit :) .

As you say, nothing like a few good ITFs tourneys to warm up :) .

This being said, accepting losses is part of the job, whether in Taiwan or elsewhere ;) .

LeonHart
Jan 25th, 2003, 02:16 AM
oh, so Su-Wei is finally coming back?? :D btw: how old is she?

LeonHart
Jan 25th, 2003, 02:28 AM
hey..and wats her next tournament?? I'll support any tennis player coming from Taiwan :hearts:

lin
Jan 25th, 2003, 04:00 AM
She is 17, her next tournament is still uncertain now, but maybe in April.

Good to see you supporting any tennis players coming from Taiwan, LeonHart :D :wavey: .

Steveg
Jan 25th, 2003, 06:54 PM
I think that there has been no confirmation so far that Su-Wei's wrist is completely healed :confused: . Is it ok by now?

And as far as coaching is concerned, has one been selected already, is it under discussions or nothing has been done yet?

If a coach has been selected, there are discussions, is it a tough one ;) ?

gracelay
Jan 27th, 2003, 02:08 PM
As I know, the representative of her sponser say more than doing thing....

About the coach or else, it won't be decide before April....if things go well.:o

Steveg
Jan 27th, 2003, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the updates Grace :) . I hope Su-Wei has some good training sessions meanwhile :) .

lin
Jan 28th, 2003, 02:34 PM
ok I can tranlate about the today's news about Su-Wei which Grace mantioned in the other thread :) .

It's about her coach thing. A Japanese coach who ever was Saori Obata and Kumiko Iijima's coach came to Taiwan to discuss. Yesterday she,Su-Wei and Su-Wei's sponsor's president discussed their plan, the Japanese coach planed Su-Wei to go to Japan to train and study there, also the coach can get Su-Wei another Sponsor "YONEX", and Su-Wei doesn't need to change her personality...The article also mentions the Japanese coach has good relationship with Su-Wei family.

At the end of article, it mentions Su-Wei wants to go to Japan to train because of too many incidents in Taiwan for her...and the article also mentions actually if Su-Wei will be fit again depends on herself, so many Taiwanese coaches tried to help her, but it didn't work well...

Steveg
Jan 28th, 2003, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the news lin. This would be good if Su-Wei gets a positive environment.

I just hope that Su-Wei will not be stuck in a Japanese university :( . This would prevent her from developing her tennis potential fully. Can Su-Wei understand Japanese :eek: ?

Rising Sun
Jan 28th, 2003, 05:13 PM
lin, thanks for the news. :wavey:

Do you know if this Japanese coach's name is Kimiyo Hatanaka? :confused:
She runs the "Big K" Tennis School in Tokyo where players such as Saori Obata, Kumiko Iijima, Kaori Aoyama etc. used to train in the past.

I think YONEX will be an excellent sponsor for Su-Wei. Saori Obata is the only Japanese female player under YONEX team. They don't require their players to compete in League tourneys and encourage them to compete in Overseas tourneys. Saori's really benefitted from joining YONEX.

As for getting stuck in a Japanese university, I think it's quite unlikely to happen, and as for the language barrier, if Peng Shuai could go to the US on her own with practically no previous English knowledge, I don't see how Su-Wei could be any different. Of course, it'll be very tough for her at first, no question, but I'm sure she'll pick things up as time goes by.

This reminds me of Tzu-Ting Weng who joined "TEAM SCANDINAVIA" a team which Nana Miyagi, Shiho Hisamatsu & Maiko Inoue belong to. So Su-Wei is not the 1st Taiwanese player to go to Japan in these terms.

The reason why I think this plan is inclined to work is because : Su-Wei wants to go to Japan by her own decision, and not by somebody's else influence... If she's unhappy training in Taiwan, she should definitely find somewhere else to train. The most important thing is that she'll be happy with her choice in the long run, and no regrets. I wish her all the best. :)

Here is the website for Big K Tennis School : http://www.bigk.co.jp

BTW lin, I'm a bit puzzled by your comment, "Su-Wei doesn't need to change her personality..." :confused:

lin
Jan 28th, 2003, 05:51 PM
oh I mean nationality not personality :o ;) .

I think it's her, because the news mentions her running "Big K" Tennis School. The news also mentions her Chinese character name, but sorry I don't know her English name at first...

Steveg
Jan 28th, 2003, 06:14 PM
Alright :) . Nationality makes sense : Su-Wei wants to continue playing for her country and it is very important to her. Some other countries would certainly have been interested in Su-Wei, but would also have requested her to play for them in national events.

I heard that Singapore for instance has "imported" several athletes in various fields.

Steveg
Jan 28th, 2003, 06:18 PM
And by stuck, I meant having to play national events. If this uni is different, it will therefore be excellent :) .

Luke, as far as foreign language pick-up is concerned, I certainly have no doubts that Su-Wei can do it. She has already learnt English very quickly, though her sponsor paid only one seminar in USA to learn English (if I remember my press articles correctly). So by staying full time in Japan, she'll certainly learn in no time at all.

I was just surprised that she and her sponsor had their eyes on Japan, rather than an English speaking country :angel: .

gracelay
Jan 29th, 2003, 01:10 PM
yes, the coach is Kimiyo Hatanaka.
thanks for translation...

Rising Sun
Jan 30th, 2003, 03:03 PM
Since Kimiyo and Su-Wei's family on good terms, I guess it's logical Su-Wei is comtemplating this. Let's not forget that Japan is a lot closer to Taiwan than the US (or any other English speaking country) is for example. I guess she must've taken these things into consideration.

I forgot to ask this earlier, but who is Su-Wei's current sponsor?

Steveg
Jan 30th, 2003, 03:43 PM
Talking of sponsors, what happened to the International Tennis Academy (Florida) where Su-Wei spent 3 months in 2001?

I remember reading that "the head coach the ITA, Allen Ma, guaranteed that he would do his best to help Hsieh in the following months."

And what about the King Car Education Foundation? They also promised to continue assisting Su-Wei I remember.

lin
Jan 30th, 2003, 04:47 PM
Her current sponsor is Taiwanese company "Four Pillars Enterprise co." which has supported Taiwanese tennis for a long time I think...

As far as I know, Su-Wei can't really get full help in those foreigh tennis school or Academy, so even though she ever came to there, she still came back Taiwan after a short time outside...

gracelay
Feb 6th, 2003, 08:07 AM
Lin,

Su-wei might be in Taipei tommorow, to see the Davis Cup.

gracelay
Feb 6th, 2003, 12:20 PM
This is Su-wei's pictures I took few weeks ago.

gracelay
Feb 6th, 2003, 12:22 PM
pic2

lin
Feb 6th, 2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by gracelay
Lin,

Su-wei might be in Taipei tommorow, to see the Davis Cup.

That will be interesting :) ;) . Maybe I will see her, I saw Ting-Wen Wang yesterday :) .

Thanks for the pictures Grace :)

gracelay
Feb 6th, 2003, 01:10 PM
did u ask ting-wen what is her career plan?

lin
Feb 6th, 2003, 01:17 PM
No, I didn't get a chance to chat with her...

Steveg
Feb 6th, 2003, 02:26 PM
I would actually prefer Su-Wei to have fun on a tennis court rather than post here ;) . And Grace is an excellent spokesperson :) .

Anyway, Su-Wei can be certain that everyone here will be supporting her :D .

Steveg
Feb 6th, 2003, 02:29 PM
pic2 Good to see that Su-Wei left eye and tongue are OK ;) .

That's very nice of Su-Wei to show that she is in good health :p .

And this is good to see that she seems to be alright :) .

Steveg
Feb 6th, 2003, 02:31 PM
But the table is a bit too high compared to her chair :( . It is not good for her arms (and elbows in particular). Do you know you can get some kind of tennis elbow (or golf elbow) if the computer you are using is too high compared to your chair?

I know this because I spend around 10 hours / day in front of a computer and I am very careful with that.

lin
Feb 7th, 2003, 09:14 AM
I didn't see Su-Wei today, was she there? :confused: But even though she was there, I don't think I can see her cos I can only sit in the 2nd floor, and she will sit in the 1st floor(special seats) I think...

Both Yen-Hsun and Yeu-Tzuoo won in straight sets, very happy about this ending of today :D. But I'm really surprised Alexey Kedriouk played so badly today :o .

gracelay
Feb 7th, 2003, 09:55 AM
Lin, i was looking for you, wondering who is the mystery guy.

Su-wei sat on 2 Floor at first , wearing a white coat.then she came down to 1F to chat with me.

:)

Alexey played bad today, but evryone want to know what brand is his racket....didn't break at all.
:p

gracelay
Feb 7th, 2003, 09:57 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Steveg
[B]But the table is a bit too high compared to her chair :( . It is not good for her arms (and elbows in particular).

Don't worry, its not her talbe. she was in the CTTA office.

And sorry, my camera is not good enough to take her practice.

gracelay
Feb 7th, 2003, 09:59 AM
Both Yen-Hsun and Yeu-Tzuoo won in straight sets, very happy about this ending of today :D.

Lu and Wang will play dobule tommrow.:wavey:

lin
Feb 7th, 2003, 10:28 AM
hey I was in the right side of orange seats ;) . Do you know where did Su-Wei sit first at 2nd floor?

Alexey might use good racket so I am not too worry for him ;), I actually quite like his one-hand backhand :).

Lu and Wang will play doubles tomorrow...it's a kind a bet I guess...

gracelay
Feb 7th, 2003, 11:25 AM
no, i don't know.but she weared glasses today.

lin
Feb 7th, 2003, 02:23 PM
thanks Grace :)

she wear glasses? I don't think it's well-known for people...

gracelay
Feb 8th, 2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by lin
thanks Grace :)

she wear glasses? I don't think it's well-known for people...

because her father was unhappy, if know Su-wei wear glasses. Not serious though;) but she sees unclearly at night.
She is a really good girl! when i told her to get glasses or it would be more serious, she did it.

Hey , sorry couldn't be there for Davis Cup today. Maybe see u tommorow?:D

Steveg
Feb 8th, 2003, 08:08 AM
Has Su-Wei tried contact lenses to play tennis :confused: .

lin
Feb 8th, 2003, 10:28 AM
It's good to hear she beware of herself :)

met Su-Wei today, she took me to the 1st floor after match, I stayed there for a while and left :) .

Yen-Hsun and Yeu-Tzuoo won doubles very easily today 6-1 6-1 6-1 :D

today is Yeu-Tzuoo's 18 yrs old birthday, they celebrate it today after match :). Yeu-Tzuoo repied some mature words on host's questions :) .

and yes maybe we will see each other tomorrow Grace :) .

adlysha babalu
Feb 8th, 2003, 04:46 PM
nice pics..thanks..

hope she's in a good health

lin
Feb 9th, 2003, 07:55 AM
fun day for me today :) :D

thanks for your help Grace :) :wavey:

gracelay
Feb 9th, 2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by lin
fun day for me today :) :D

thanks for your help Grace :) :wavey:

Glad you are happy today.
;)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 10th, 2003, 01:36 PM
so cute pics of su wei :D

lin
Feb 10th, 2003, 02:24 PM
Su-Wei pic from Saturday's news, she's grown up a bit :) .

Rising Sun
Feb 10th, 2003, 03:33 PM
Wow, she seems so different... :eek:

Steveg
Feb 10th, 2003, 05:45 PM
She looks like a singer on this pic, doesn't she. She has let her hair grow a bit longer it seems.

Nice pic, lin :) . Did you take it? Why aren't you on the pic too :angel: ?

lin
Feb 10th, 2003, 08:13 PM
No, it's from the newspaper's website ;) . Also for anyone who is concerned, Tong Ka-Po got married and retired which was also reported on that news. It's confirmed by a HK's referee who came to Taiwan for Davis Cup...He is disappointed Ka-Po can't continue playing and he hopes Su-Wei won't waste her talents like Ka-Po...

I forgot to take a pic on her when I met her on Saturday though :( , plus I didn't bring the digital camera's usb back to Taiwan, so I can't post DC's pictures now either...

She is stronger and taller now, so I really hope she can come back to compete soon as she may have better results...

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 11th, 2003, 01:13 AM
awww, su wei is soooo cute! :D

:wavey: Lin :)

LeonHart
Feb 11th, 2003, 02:33 AM
WOW :hearts: Su-Wei looks awesome!!

jirobkk
Feb 11th, 2003, 02:58 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: She looks so different from the last time I met her. I really miss you.

:hearts:

lin
Feb 11th, 2003, 04:45 AM
:wavey: Marri :)

LeonHart
Feb 12th, 2003, 02:27 AM
you guys don't mind if i change my flag to taiwan? :D that is my birthplace and all....

lin
Feb 12th, 2003, 06:57 AM
Of course we don't mind ;) , love it :hearts: .

gracelay
Feb 12th, 2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by LeonHart
you guys don't mind if i change my flag to taiwan? :D that is my birthplace and all....

Welcom:wavey:

Steveg
Feb 13th, 2003, 09:02 PM
So when is Su-Wei starting to post here :) ?

lin
Feb 14th, 2003, 06:34 PM
I don't think she is going to post recently because Grace's also disappeared for a while, so no one can teach her I guess :confused: .

BTW, Stéphane, I just saw Yen-Hsun's future schedule on his official website, he will play $ 50K+H Ho Chi Minh City again next month, will you attend it again? If so, don't forget to take some pics again ;) .

gracelay
Feb 15th, 2003, 04:23 AM
I am not disappeared...:wavey: keep watching you....

Just too busy to enjoy my holidays:p

I will call Su-wei next week try to teach her how to register, and Lin, don't forget to translate for her? I think writing English is too difficult to her?:eek:

lin
Feb 15th, 2003, 07:15 AM
good to know you didn't disappear ;)

I think people who understand Chinese including me will help her translate :) .

Steveg
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:17 AM
Hi lin, I have a busy schedule at the moment, but if I am in Hochiminh City at that time, I'll pop up and say hello to him :) .

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 15th, 2003, 06:31 PM
Lin :D

Leon Didi :D

ok, i don't know all of you in here... but hi anyways :D

Grace, what kind of a relationship do you ahve with Su Wei? :)

eseaboyqoo
Feb 15th, 2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Martian Marri
Lin :D

Leon Didi :D

ok, i don't know all of you in here... but hi anyways :D

Grace, what kind of a relationship do you ahve with Su Wei? :)

I think like sister :devil:
Grace is a nice person ;)
She helps su-wei many things
And she also plays an important role in my tennis world :o :cool:
Bye the way ,Miss.Grace ...I need your help about somebody's birthday present.....you know.....who born in 4,January.:rolleyes: I have already send a mail to you....

lin
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:08 PM
Hi lin, I have a busy schedule at the moment, but if I am in Hochiminh City at that time, I'll pop up and say hello to him :) .

That's fine :) You did a good job last year so I was expecting... ;) .

LeonHart
Feb 15th, 2003, 10:18 PM
:D Su-Wei is going to post here?

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 15th, 2003, 10:46 PM
awww, good to know that Grace is taking care of su wei ;)

say Hi to Su wei when you meet her please, grace?:D tell her that she has a fan way up north, in norway :cool:

Steveg
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by lin
That's fine :) You did a good job last year so I was expecting... ;) . Thanks ;) . So if I happen to be here (back in Hochiminh City just today :angel: ), I'll pop up, say hello and take some pics ;) .

I did not know that Yen-Hsun had an official website. Is there some English inside or all in traditional Chinese :confused: .

Do you know if Yeu-Tzuoo will come back too? I was back from business trip too late to see him last year (or he lost too early :o ).

lin
Feb 16th, 2003, 12:59 PM
His official website is all in traditional Chinese... sorry...

http://rendylu.iis.sinica.edu.tw/rendylu/

I saw on the news Yeu-Tzuoo will $25K+H Kyoto, Japan a week before Hochiminh City, so maybe he will play there again too... :)

gracelay
Feb 19th, 2003, 12:01 PM
Su-wei will paly Taipei Junior tourment girls double on FEB 20.

Ting-wen and Yung-Jan both won today, into the girls single 2nd Round.
:cool:

lin
Feb 19th, 2003, 12:12 PM
yes, and we will look forward Su-Wei's doubles results ;) .

and #4 seed Wei-Hsin Hsu lost in 1st rd, she is really in bad form at this moment :( .

gracelay
Feb 19th, 2003, 12:36 PM
According to Wei-Hsin's father, she was found kind of nature problem with her blood. :confused:

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 19th, 2003, 01:03 PM
how much media attention do these tournies get?

lin
Feb 19th, 2003, 01:17 PM
how much media attention do these tournies get?

less than 5% I think, it's not big tournament really...

As for Wei-Hsin, I hope the bloody problem is not too serious :( , her results's been bad for a while compared to Orange Bowl U14 QF in 2001 :( .

gracelay
Feb 19th, 2003, 01:28 PM
don't forget ÄR¥x¹B°Ê³ø

lin
Feb 19th, 2003, 01:52 PM
ok sorry I forgot ÄR¥x¹B°Ê³ø :p , it covers one page for tennis :D .

But form other media, mostly it's reported for one or two news only...

Rising Sun
Feb 19th, 2003, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the news, Grace. :)

Good luck Su-Wei! :D

I can't find the draws anywhere. :mad:

LeonHart
Feb 20th, 2003, 02:50 AM
Cool!! Su-Wei is going to play again! :D

btw guys, im going to Taiwan sometime this year, im not sure yet, but im sure im going back to Taiwan. It'll only for two days though, for a meeting place for my family, then we're going to Osaka, Japan! :D I'll hit u with more info later ;) but i really wanna see su-wei play tennis!!

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 20th, 2003, 06:24 PM
aww leon didi!!! :worship: you lucky guy! :D

But i think it's kinda strange... tennis like wta and atp are huge in Taiwan, but they don't follow their own tennis? tssss :(

Steveg
Feb 20th, 2003, 06:32 PM
Su-wei will paly Taipei Junior tourment girls double on FEB 20. Thanks for the news Grace :) . Did Su-Wei play yesterday? How did it go for her? Was she enjoying it on court?

eseaboyqoo
Feb 21st, 2003, 02:46 AM
Thanks for the news Grace :) . Did Su-Wei play yesterday? How did it go for her? Was she enjoying it on court?

Bad news......yesterday...:mad: :eek: :sad:
su-wei have conflict with her father before the game
and then su-wei was sent to hospital
after take medicine , she is nothing serious
her father was sent to police station...

and su-wei won her double's game into QF
:sad: :sad: :sad:

Steveg
Feb 21st, 2003, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by eseaboyqoo
Bad news......yesterday...:mad: :eek: :sad:
su-wei have conflict with her father before the game and then su-wei was sent to hospital after take medicine , she is nothing serious her father was sent to police station...

and su-wei won her double's game into QF :sad: :sad: :sad: Su-Wei :sad:

So many personal problems and so young :sad: .

I hope she is alright now :sad: :confused: .

If you happen to talk to her later, please convey to her my sincere sympathy.

LeonHart
Feb 21st, 2003, 06:15 AM
Su-Wei!!! Give her our best regards!! Man, why is she having so much conflict in her life? :sad:

LeonHart
Feb 21st, 2003, 06:16 AM
aww leon didi!!! :worship: you lucky guy! :D

But i think it's kinda strange... tennis like wta and atp are huge in Taiwan, but they don't follow their own tennis? tssss :(

Iunno either...I think Badminton is huger than Tennis in Taiwan at the moment...? :confused:

lin
Feb 21st, 2003, 07:54 AM
really a shocking news for me after getting off the airplane :eek: :sad: :sad:

I really wish her to hang in here and really hope she can go to Japan, it's better for her...

Steveg, if you want to see the results, go to juniors forum, I will post the results as soon as I can ;) .

Leon, badmintion is very easy to play so it's popular among people, on the other hand tennis is a very expensive sport...But compared to fans, there are more fans watching tennis in Taiwan since most people think it's more exciting, I like both but tennis more though ;)

Steveg
Feb 21st, 2003, 08:04 AM
Thanks lin :) . Besides the results, I was mostly anxious to know if Su-Wei was having fun on court and was feeling better ;) .

I suppose it is not exactly the case yet :sad: .

lin
Feb 21st, 2003, 10:23 AM
Su-Wei and her partner Hsiu-Chiung won over #3 seed CHIN Seul-Ki/ LUANGNAM Nudnida today 6-7(2) 6-4 6-2 :D

they will play #1 seed CHAN Yung-Jan / WANG Ting-Wen in SF tomorrow, I hope Su-Wei can just relax and have fun on court :) .

lin
Feb 21st, 2003, 05:46 PM
There is a short article about yesterday's 1st rd match which said Su-Wei has wrist injury(old one), and one of her thigh is trapped at first, and the other thigh was almost injured during the match, also she felt uncomfortable on her shoulder, so she can't serve well either :eek: :sad:

Steveg
Feb 21st, 2003, 06:58 PM
So many injuries :sad: . The shoulder is a new one, isn't it :sad: .

Had Su-Wei worked on her condition before starting the tournament :confused: ?

I hope it is not to serious and she will recover soon :) .

lin
Feb 22nd, 2003, 09:53 AM
Su-Wei and Hsiu-Chiung lost to top seed today 4-6 0-6 :sad:

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 22nd, 2003, 06:49 PM
er... what happened to my post in here? :confused:

Steveg
Feb 22nd, 2003, 06:54 PM
er... what happened to my post in here? :confused: I suggest you check with the Admins :) . They are the only ones who can change posts (along with moderators, but I don't know which moderator is in charge in here. "Super moderators I suppose :cool: ).

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 22nd, 2003, 06:56 PM
somebody reported my post? what was wrong with it? and why wasn't i notified?

LeonHart
Feb 24th, 2003, 03:23 AM
What was ur post about jie jie? :confused:

Steveg
Feb 24th, 2003, 09:10 AM
Anyone has information about Su-Wei :confused: ? Is she alright :confused: ?

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 24th, 2003, 11:51 PM
leon didi, it wasn't anything exciting.... *sigh*

i just wish somebody would have told me, coz i would have deleted it ;)

steve, if i'd posted something, it will probably be deleted too.

Steveg
Feb 25th, 2003, 02:06 AM
steve, if i'd posted something, it will probably be deleted too. PM the admins as I recommended you to do :) . If they have deleted a post of yours, they will certainly be able to explain you why :) .

Now, no offense, but my main concern in this thread is to know if Su-Wei is alright :confused: . In particular after the latest news received :sad: .

Grace :wavey: , would you have any news :confused:

lin
Feb 25th, 2003, 10:16 AM
Marri, I feel sorry for that incident, but I hope you will still post here ;) :wavey: .

I hope Grace will come back to the board with us, we need her to offer us some news, and we can have some nice discussions too :) . I have some questions about Taiwanese players, but I don't think it's good I ask her by e-mail ;).

Steveg
Feb 25th, 2003, 10:33 AM
Last time Grace was in this thread was Feb 19th. It looks like ages to me :sad: .

Maybe Su-Wei has signed-in by now and will give us news of Grace in future ;) .

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 25th, 2003, 12:59 PM
PM the admins as I recommended you to do :) . If they have deleted a post of yours, they will certainly be able to explain you why :) .

Now, no offense, but my main concern in this thread is to know if Su-Wei is alright :confused: . In particular after the latest news received :sad: .

Grace :wavey: , would you have any news :confused:

i did contact an admin, and it was explained to me. my main concern is also to know whether su wei is ok or not,. why do you think i wrote what i wrote?

Lin, don't worry, you wont scare me off taht easily :devil: ;)

Steveg
Feb 25th, 2003, 05:14 PM
i did contact an admin, and it was explained to me. Glad you had an answer to your question.

lin
Feb 26th, 2003, 05:23 AM
lol Marri, I didn't scare you I guess ;)

gracelay
Feb 26th, 2003, 10:33 AM
NO....I lost her from "that day", she wouldn't answer her phone.:sad:

I am worry about her too.

Steveg
Feb 26th, 2003, 10:34 AM
NO....I lost her from "that day", she wouldn't answer her phone. :sad:

I am worry about her too. This is a very very bad news :sad: . It is extremely worrying :sad: .

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 26th, 2003, 12:00 PM

grace, do you know where she lives?

lin
Feb 26th, 2003, 12:16 PM
omg, that's too bad :sad:, did you try to contact by asking her friends or other ways? I think she needs sometime alone and recover all these bad things...I hope she can come back to us soon...

btw, Grace, welcome back, I have some questions too ;) . First, do you know why Yi Chen didn't play Grace 3 juniors tournament last week :( , she was very good during the first half of last year, but didn't have good results later... I hope her brother's inspiration from DC can encourage her too...

Second, do you know Yung-Jan Chan's schedule, she is playing Grade 2 in Indonesia this week, but there won't be big tournaments in Asia next two weeks,also right after that two weeks, there will be 4 consecutive Grade 1 tourneys, so I was hoping she will play that 4 tourneys only, right now I just hope she won't play 7 weeks in a row :eek:

Also I hope 15 yrs old Chu-Huan Yi who made final on boys side last week can follow Yen-Hsun and Yeu-Tzuoo's success in juniors first :D .

Chu-Huan Yi's pic to anyone who is interested :)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 26th, 2003, 05:26 PM
aww!! cutie! :D and a leftie! :bounce:

I hope Su Wei is doing ok.

lin
Feb 26th, 2003, 06:14 PM
lol Marri, that's why I intended to post that pic ;)

He is good-looking I guess but more impresses me is he's lefty :D

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Feb 26th, 2003, 09:50 PM
hehehe.. lefties are cute :angel: (i'm a righty incase you wondered :p)

lol is it true that some chinese say that lefties are weird ppl? coz my uncle and his son are both lefties, and my aunt say that make them weird..... :o

LeonHart
Feb 27th, 2003, 06:24 AM
oh no, is su-wei still recovering from what happened? :(

gracelay
Feb 27th, 2003, 09:25 AM
Su-wei send me e-mail today. She lost her mobile phone, again:mad:

She told me that she is recovering now. and wants to do more practice from now on.( good news)

She already asked for compete the All Taiwanese tourment on March.:)

to Lin, I will answer your questions later...(too busy to make a phone call now)

gracelay
Feb 27th, 2003, 09:26 AM
Thank you Steve!

gracelay
Feb 27th, 2003, 09:37 AM
Yung-Jan will be back to compete the all Taiwanese tourment on March, then go to 2 stage of Grade 1, then maybe go to Europe .

Chen Yi was injured.

Steveg
Feb 27th, 2003, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the good news Grace :wavey: ,

And I am extremely glad that you got some news from Su-Wei :D .

lin
Feb 27th, 2003, 12:24 PM
Thanks Grace :wavey: really a good news :D

She will compete the All Taiwanese tourment on March...Does that mean Su-Wei will play National one and juniors one :eek: , also I saw high school tournaments qualifying will be on the middle of March too, I hope she won't play high school tournament this year, same as Chin-Wei and Chia-Jung :angel: .

It's really sad for Chen Yi :( , she was playing so well last year and ever beat Sania Mirza, right now they are just in reverse side :( . I hope she can come back soon :) .

As for Yung-Jan, she won her singles and doubles match in Indonesia today and into QF now :D . But only flying to Indonesia, staying for one week and don't play other tournaments but come back Taiwan :confused:. It's not worthy I think...Plus, she just played the whole last week, It's better she have stayed at home and rest...anyway, good luck to her.
For All Taiwanese tournaments, will she play high school tournament too? I hope not because if so then she can't fully play red clay tournaments and prepare for RG juniors in Europe...

lin
Feb 27th, 2003, 12:34 PM
hehehe.. lefties are cute :angel: (i'm a righty incase you wondered :p)

lol is it true that some chinese say that lefties are weird ppl? coz my uncle and his son are both lefties, and my aunt say that make them weird..... :o

I'm a righty too lol ;)

Yes, it's true that most Chinese don't like lefty...it's because of personality I think...I find it fine for Chinese's behavior though ;). My younger brother had a bit more power in his left hand when he was young, but right now he is used to using right hand...

gracelay
Feb 27th, 2003, 01:38 PM
I will meet Su-wei in few days.

We spoke on phone tonight.;)

Steveg
Mar 1st, 2003, 06:11 PM
I will meet Su-wei in few days.

We spoke on phone tonight.;)I am sure you will have many things to discuss :) . Good to see Su-Wei reacting well. It does not surprise me though as she is a strong-willed girl :) .

lin
Mar 2nd, 2003, 05:40 AM
any report? ;) in Chinese is ok too ;)

LeonHart
Mar 2nd, 2003, 06:56 AM
Su-Wei can still play High School tennis?:confused: That's weird. Grace say hi to Su-wei for me :D

su-wei
Mar 3rd, 2003, 09:50 AM
HI I'M SU WEI
THANK'S YOUR CONCEREND,I'M FINE...
我最近的計畫是 四月的胡志明市是第一站 接下來可能是聯邦盃 之後在留在日本打兩個總獎金五萬美金的比賽
ㄟ...我最近的傷勢還ok啦 大致上已經可以打了 但沒甚麼練球...^^"所以...要再加油了 so see you later

Steveg
Mar 3rd, 2003, 09:59 AM
Hello Su-Wei and welcome here :D .

Glad to know all is fine for you :) .

And lin (or someone else), can you please translate :) ?

lin
Mar 3rd, 2003, 11:31 AM
wow I didn't expect Su-Wei posting that soon :)

Su-Wei said her latest plan is she will play $25K Ho Chi Minh city first ;), and then maybe she will play Fed Cup, then it's 2 $50K in Japan.

She said her injuries are fine. She almost recovers from them. She can play tennis now, she didn't train too much though... So she said she needs to start working hard. and at the end she said see you later.

that's all :)

I have a question to Su-Wei too, will you go to Japan's tennis school and train there for a long time? 妳會去日本訓練嗎?

Rising Sun
Mar 3rd, 2003, 01:18 PM
Hi Su-Wei! :wavey:
Thanks for posting and I wish you all the best in your future endeavours. :)

Steveg
Mar 4th, 2003, 03:11 AM
(Thanks for translation lin :) )

Su-Wei :wavey: ,

I am extremely glad to know that you have decided to come here in April :) .

I hope you will have good results, and most importantly that you will have fun and enjoy your stay :D .

I am certain the crowd will be also extremely happy to see you again, as I know they have not forgotten you since your junior tourney here some years ago.

I do look forward to seeing you again,

And I believe that I will see your friends before at the ATP Challenger ;) ,

Stéphane.

LeonHart
Mar 4th, 2003, 06:27 AM
omg su-wei!! HEY!!! Taiwanese pryde yo ;). If you ever need help with your english im here :D!

Jai Jien Su-Wei!! and Good Luck!!

kfh_9118
Mar 4th, 2003, 09:34 AM
:wavey: Su Wei, thanks for posting here :D Good luck for your tennis career :)

Steveg
Mar 4th, 2003, 12:03 PM
Grace :wavey: ,

Thanks for helping Su-Wei to join the board :D .

gracelay
Mar 4th, 2003, 12:07 PM
Grace :wavey: ,

Thanks for helping Su-Wei to join the board :D .

How do you know was me? ;)

Becasue Su-wei has to go to intetnet cafe, she might not post here very often, i think. But she will be thrilled, if see all these supports! :D

Steveg
Mar 4th, 2003, 12:16 PM
How could I not know ;) .

And it looks like Su-Wei is browsing this thread at this very moment :D . :wavey: .

Martian KC
Mar 4th, 2003, 09:24 PM
OMG! Su-Wei!!!:bounce: Welcome to the boards.:) I am a big fan of yours. I hope you the best of luck this year.:D

Jordan.
Mar 4th, 2003, 10:52 PM
:wavey:

:angel:

Bероника
Mar 5th, 2003, 12:11 AM
Hi Su-Wei!!!
I want to wish you good success and good luck in your next tennis matches!!!! :D

LeonHart
Mar 5th, 2003, 03:11 AM
Grace...:worship: :p:D

xin
Mar 5th, 2003, 05:00 AM
wow I didn't expect Su-Wei posting that soon :)

Su-Wei said her latest plan is she will play $25K Ho Chi Minh city first ;), and then maybe she will play Fed Cup, then it's 2 $50K in Japan.

She said her injuries are fine. She almost recovers from them. She can play tennis now, she didn't train too much though... So she said she needs to start working hard. and at the end she said see you later.

that's all :)

I have a question to Su-Wei too, will you go to Japan's tennis school and train there for a long time? 妳會去日本訓練嗎?

Japan's tennis school?! Maybe that's why Janpan's tennis is so strong. So many top Japanese players in WTA comparing to China :sad: :sad: :sad:

BasicTennis
Mar 5th, 2003, 06:14 AM
Hi Su Wei......I just wish that since you are still very young that you change your Monica game style. You need to learn to start playing with a single-handed forehand. Monica's style is no longer effective, so please hear my advice if you want to really improve on your promising career.

gorecki
Mar 5th, 2003, 06:25 AM
Jia You! Su Wei! :)

gorecki
Mar 5th, 2003, 06:47 AM
By the way, what program do you need to write in Chinese?

Jia You! Su-Wei! :)

Steveg
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:33 AM
Hi Su Wei......I just wish that since you are still very young that you change your Monica game style. You need to learn to start playing with a single-handed forehand. Monica's style is no longer effective, so please hear my advice if you want to really improve on your promising career.
If you happen to see Su-Wei play tennis, you will see that her style is highly effective :D .

No worries on that side :) . What gives Su-Wei this edge over other players is not only her capacity to take the ball extremely early (even by present standards) and give pace to the ball thanks to an excellent timing and an extraordinary touch, but also her great game vision :) .

Su-Wei is besides good at the net, which explains her results in doubles as well ;) .

Su-Wei is overall an outstanding tactician :D .

I am certain that with a positive approach during matches, Su-Wei will be back to her former shape and move on from there extremely quickly.

:wavey:

BasicTennis
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:16 AM
I disagree because I've already seen her play on the flesh at the 2002 Dubai Open.

Look at what's happening to Monica, Jan Michael Gambil just to name a few........they're living witness that this style is no longer effective especially that the current players have become more powerful and faster. so su wei, please listen to me if you wanna have a great future.:angel:

those who criticize you are really the one's who are concerned with your career.;)

gorecki
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:32 AM
Hope she gets off to a good start at Ho Chi Minh city and then in Japan - and her ranking will quickly back up again!!!

Steveg
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:32 AM
I disagree because I've already seen her play on the flesh at the 2002 Dubai Open.

Look at what's happening to Monica, Jan Michael Gambil just to name a few........they're living witness that this style is no longer effective especially that the current players have become more powerful and faster. so su wei, please listen to me if you wanna have a great future.:angel:

those who criticize you are really the one's who are concerned with your career.;)
I have to disagree with you, not only based what I saw but also on the conversations I have had with Arnaud Decugis (coach of Julie Halard-Decugis, former #1 in doubles and top #10 in singles) with whom I watched Su-Wei play in Pattaya in November 2001 (we saw all her matches :D ).

Arnaud compared Su-Wei to Martina Hingis because of the qualities mentioned above. It never occured to compare her with Monica Seles.

Keep it up Su-Wei :D .

And most importantly, take good care of your health and shape :) . And have fun on court ;) .

Steveg
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:38 AM
And what about Marion Bartoli :) . She is having promising results in singles AND doubles :D .

Her style is based on two-handed backhand and forehand too.

Elleke
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:46 AM
hey welcome Su-Wei!

lin
Mar 5th, 2003, 10:04 AM
Well, based on Su-Wei's style and because she doesn't have that much power compared to powerful players on the tour, I don't think it's a big difference about the side. But still I think it's better Su-Wei can change to one-handed forehand, it will be more effective and more chance to return. However, I don't see her changing this...

The only time I saw Su-Wei play was back to 2001(or 2000?)on tv, at that moment she was playing Chia-Jung Chuang on Taiwanese local event, both played aggressive tennis. It was a tough match too. In that match, Su-Wei attacked when she had chance, she played smart too. Also, it's for sure She needs to play smart against players like Kuznetsova and Sharapova who have more power than her too.

As for Marion, I think she and Su-Wei have similar games when I saw her last year's US Open...

Back to Su-Wei, I heard she is good at net but doesn't like to come to net on her singles match bacause of lazy, I hope she can improve this point :angel:. The other thing I think she need to improve is her mental game, I hope when she comes back to the court, she won't do 2002 RG again...

I do hope she can play well in Ho Chi Minh City, but I won't expect too much at first...

Finally, I hope Su-Wei can understand mostly English in this thread ;) .

2ace2
Mar 5th, 2003, 10:28 AM
Wow, Su-Wei on this board! Great! :D
Lots of luck with your career! :bounce:

Steveg
Mar 5th, 2003, 11:01 AM
Back to Su-Wei, I heard she is good at net but doesn't like to come to net on her singles match bacause of lazy, I hope she can improve this point :angel:. The other thing I think she need to improve is her mental game, I hope when she comes back to the court, she won't do 2002 RG again...

I do hope she can play well in Ho Chi Minh City, but I won't expect too much at first...

Finally, I hope Su-Wei can understand mostly English in this thread ;) .
Well developed message lin :wavey:

First let's put the past aside. Su-Wei is smart and I am certain she has learnt from the past. Different times, different environment will generate different results.

As for the net, if someone moves forward into the ball, and stays well within the baseline, it is easier to go to the net. It seems obvious but it has to be repeated ;) . Therefore, any player who has the talent to be well within the court as a natural advantage to go to the net. Next thing is to be willing to be confrontational enough to do the few more steps to the net and come to close range against the opponent. Su-Wei has very fast legs. They can bring her easily to the net :) .

But it is of secondary importance at the moment :angel: .

For Hochiminh City, I am certain that Su-Wei will do well, considering she has not been playing any tourney for months now. Have more faith please :D .

Most important is to have fun playing and enjoy competition on court :D (either winning or losing). Once Su-Wei gets some good feelings back, everything else will follow :) . For a player with the touch Su-Wei has, feelings are very important.

lin
Mar 5th, 2003, 11:49 AM
I mean lazy coming to the net is that I heard she doesn't like come to net too often even if she have chances to come in, if it's true I hope she can improve it, if it's wrong then I'm glad to see that :).

Before Hochiminh City, she will play Taiwanese local event first, so we will see how good is she at this moment...

I do hope she will have fun on court and I definitely have faiths for her about her tennis competitions and career, but I think we should be realistic as well :).