PDA

View Full Version : Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12

ShiftyFella
Dec 5th, 2012, 06:47 PM
I don't care what Lucie looked like (it could be all genetic by the way), her results were always bad to disappointing.

Plus, if we hold Lucie to the same standard so many of us do here for Petra; she obviously wasn't in very good condition because she plays an even more high risk game than Kvitova. Continuing with this logic, if Safarova was truly "in shape", she would know how to rally longer and wait for her opportunities, than make so many bone head decisions and plays.

Petra is much better than Safarova in this respect. So once again, having Safarova's Fitness guy is not really saying much. As a matter of fact, it's quite a disappointment, on any level.

As far as Sydney and Brisbane, I really didn't think about it much, cause I was still in shock, that this guy was all that Cernosek could come up with after such a long search. SMH
Lucie suffers 'brain disorder' just like Dani, Ana, Bojana etc. but she had great physical shape, If he can get Petra close to Lucie's form everything would be ok cause Petra would benefit from it and she doesn't have meltdowns like Dani. This time i believe Petra was correct when she said if she's healthy wins would come:worship:

Excelscior
Dec 5th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Lucie suffers 'brain disorder' just like Dani, Ana, Bojana etc. but she had great physical shape, If he can get Petra close to Lucie's form everything would be ok cause Petra would benefit from it and she doesn't have meltdowns like Dani. This time i believe Petra was correct when she said if she's healthy wins would come:worship:

Once again, I don't know how you can say "close to Lucie's form" when she can't play a rally longer than 9 strokes (and I'm being generous here)? :unsure:

Just cause you look a certain way, doesn't mean you're in great shape. And on the converse, just cause you may not look like you're in good shape to some people, it doesn't mean your not. :lol:

A lot of "brainfarts" happen in tennis matches cause you give up on the rally when you feel/know you're not in shape. Plus, Lucie is slower than Petra (though Petra's bigger), so what did he really accomplish with her anyway? :lol:

Yes, I'm picking on Lucie and her former trainer, cause I don't see what's so special about her or her game that I should be excited about him as a Petra fan (mind you the middling Safarova career achievements). :help:

Petronius
Dec 5th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Careful w/ that shit dude. You may get inundated with phone calls from hacks like journalists (looking for a dirty Kvitty gossip). They'll all be calling you, pretending that they are Petronius :lol:

:lol:

We met at Costa Coffee today and had a great chat. Our new subforum member will be a huge contribution to this board.

BTW be careful what you say here jerriy-turned-droog-turned-raiden, because everything you say is being carefully analyzed and sent directly to Petra's father :lol:

BTW, I liked the jerriy name more, could you please switch back :D

bruce goose
Dec 5th, 2012, 07:27 PM
OK, well at least this is an improvement (if he trained as an MMA fighter). :unsure:

The REAL question maybe, is he a frustrated wrestler that all of a sudden decided to go and call himself MMA, or is he really an excellent trainer? :eek:The reason why his face isn't too famous is because his wrestling identity in the CR was 'The Masked Bed-wetter'(we can have Paul translate that into Czech for us).Cermosek actually has a great plan here because he plans on training Petra how to distract the chair umpire and linesmen while her physio throws powder in her opponent's face and blinds her a` la Mr.Fuji

honzaneumannn
Dec 5th, 2012, 07:47 PM

We met at Costa Coffee today and had a great chat. Our new subforum member will be a huge contribution to this board.

BTW be careful what you say here jerriy-turned-droog-turned-raiden, because everything you say is being carefully analyzed and sent directly to Petra's father :lol:

BTW, I liked the jerriy name more, could you please switch back :D
Nice to hear that I could be a contribution to this board. I hope, Petra's new coach shall bring in some positive things concerning Petra's stamina and form - but now its too early to judge it. I think Brisbane and Sydney tournaments will indicate more...

Today's date with Petronius in Costa Coffee in Prague Chodov was very nice, he seems to be informed well about the Czech tennis which was really great. Unfortunatelly I dont have an option to speak with some informed guy that often and must say that it was really great to meet Petronius and discuss all the things. I hope to repeat our date more often. Today we have also discussed the players that should attend the Prostejov's league final at the end of the year and at that moment we still have not been informed yet that Agniezska is going to be there this year!!!

Unfortunately (or fortunately - Istanbul 2012) she shall play for Prostejov, so there is no option to see some Agniezska vs Lucie or Agniezska vs Petra match...

paulmara
Dec 5th, 2012, 08:16 PM

so he knows Ex

netphobia
Dec 5th, 2012, 08:30 PM
I liked "droog" :lol:

Imagine if all the TF subforms gathered to chat at a café. :oh:

Petronius
Dec 5th, 2012, 09:21 PM
I liked "droog" :lol:

Imagine if all the TF subforms gathered to chat at a café. :oh:

:hearts:

But how to solve the crucial question?

http://www.google.cz/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://deborahdekrem.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/costa-vs-starbucks.jpg&sa=X&ei=z8i_UJPYJISdtAak6ICgCg&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNH4kSue3XZ_ejofmnj-bEF8AYHSqw

ShiftyFella
Dec 5th, 2012, 09:44 PM
:hearts:

But how to solve the crucial question?

By going to Irish pub:oh:

bruce goose
Dec 6th, 2012, 02:24 AM
[QUOTE=paulmara;22552542]so he knows Ex[/QUOTEI I dropped you a subtle hint earlier but you ignored it: We'd like you to translate the lucha libre nickname of Petra's new physio,The Masked Bed-wetter,into Czech.....yes,we're still waiting:p

paulmara
Dec 6th, 2012, 07:45 AM
I dropped you a subtle hint earlier but you ignored it: We'd like you to translate the lucha libre nickname of Petra's new physio,The Masked Bed-wetter,into Czech.....yes,we're still waiting:p

You know he´s a fighter. He will not be happy.

bruce goose
Dec 6th, 2012, 10:17 AM
You know he´s a fighter. He will not be happy.Well,that's why he wore a mask...so that he wouldn't have to reveal his identity;)....except Petra refused to work with a masked physio,so now everyone can see him..........Does this mean that you refuse to translate for us?.....In Spanish(that is,Mexican slang),it's 'Orinon Enmascarado':lol:

Petronius
Dec 6th, 2012, 10:54 AM
"Petra can never be #1, cause no recent European player has made #1 with out going to America".

Henin, Hingis, Clijsters, Mauresmo, Safina, Wozniacki, Ivanovic, Federer, Nadal, Djokovic...

Just a few :lol:

Petronius
Dec 6th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Very disappointing interview for those who want Petra to become No. 1 and multiple grand slam champion. The girl is much more humble and sober and less ambitious then some fans may want her to be.

A few comments on the upcoming season:

I don't think about breaking into TOP3
I want to win some tournament
I hope that my successes will continue and that I'll repeat the last season
I will play FedCup against Australia, then we'll see
It's great that early in the season I won't be flooded with 'When will you be No. 1?' questions like last year

BTW, during the Fed Cup final, Petra said 'I'm satisfied with my season, my results were more stable, less ups and downs'

As mac47 once said, Petra never believed in her own hype. She just wants to play her best tennis, without setting any specific goals. If it's enough to win slams, then great, if not, no problem for her either and life will go on. She has $10 million in the bank and has already won the biggest individual tournament, the biggest team tournament and was voted player of the year.

Raiden
Dec 6th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Wait a munute, I thought the issue was her entourage, not the Czech republic as a whole :lol:

Cause if you guys are suggesting that Petra should somehow move to the US or something like that, then I disagree. The last thing we need is one more cookie cutter from the Florida school. And I'm not convinced that that is the solution to Petra's current predicament.

Moving to somewhere like Prague would be more than enough for her to keep and advance her career in the right direction.

honzaneumannn
Dec 6th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Very disappointing interview for those who want Petra to become No. 1 and multiple grand slam champion. The girl is much more humble and sober and less ambitious then some fans may want her to be.

A few comments on the upcoming season:

I don't think about breaking into TOP3
I want to win some tournament
I hope that my successes will continue and that I'll repeat the last season
I will play FedCup against Australia, then we'll see
It's great that early in the season I won't be flooded with 'When will you be No. 1?' questions like last year

BTW, during the Fed Cup final, Petra said 'I'm satisfied with my season, my results were more stable, less ups and downs'

As mac47 once said, Petra never believed in her own hype. She just wants to play her best tennis, without setting any specific goals. If it's enough to win slams, then great, if not, no problem for her either and life will go on. She has $10 million in the bank and has already won the biggest individual tournament, the biggest team tournament and was voted player of the year.

My opinion is that in that interview (published under tenisforum.cz) she only wanted to soften big expectations (unfortunately) not met in Petra's last season. At the end of the 2011 season, everybody expected her to become the new world no. 1 which did not happen. Now she is trying to choose some "slighter" words while being asked about her current season and achievements to come. Should there occur some big result (Grand Slam or YEC winer), she can say then - "really not expected but am so glad to win this" than "I really wanted to win that title as mentioned sooner but ..." - in case she's gonna burn out there. Being that much self-confident neednt often be the best attitude. Isn't it Petra's modesty and sweetnes why she became so popular with many tennis fans worldwide?

Petronius
Dec 6th, 2012, 12:50 PM
My opinion is that in that interview (published under tenisforum.cz) she only wanted to soften big expectations (unfortunately) not met in Petra's last season. At the end of the 2011 season, everybody expected her to become the new world no. 1 which did not happen. Now she is trying to choose some "slighter" words while being asked about her current season and achievements to come. Should there occur some big result (Grand Slam or YEC winer), she can say then - "really not expected but am so glad to win this" than "I really wanted to win that title as mentioned sooner but ..." - in case she's gonna burn out there. Being that much self-confident neednt often be the best attitude. Isn't it Petra's modesty and sweetnes why she became so popular with many tennis fans worldwide?

That's how I see it, too. Deep inside, she obviously wants to win as much as possible, she's just reducing the hype, while sticking to the 'under-promise over-deliver' concept. :cool:

honzaneumannn
Dec 6th, 2012, 01:06 PM
That's how I see it, too. Deep inside, she obviously wants to win as much as possible, she's just reducing the hype, while sticking to the 'under-promise over-deliver' concept. :cool:
Correct. She surely wants to win something big in the next season and I am pretty sure she wanted to do the same in the last one. Taking into consideration, she wasnt that successful as expected last year, she is trying now to hide her (surely not so small) expectations and not speak about it openly. A good strategy: media can sometimes be very unpleasant to remember her about what she wanted and did not manage to do for several (critically examined) reasons...

Excelscior
Dec 6th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Wait a munute, I thought the issue was her entourage, not the Czech republic as a whole :lol:

Cause if you guys are suggesting that Petra should somehow move to the US or something like that, then I disagree. The last thing we need is one more cookie cutter from the Florida school. And I'm not convinced that that is the solution to Petra's current predicament.

Moving to somewhere like Prague would be more than enough for her to keep and advance her career in the right direction.

Correct it's the entourage.

But one of our posters were saying that the current Czech Republic has many talented players who really can't win much, and maybe it's because they rely almost exclusively on the Cernosek/Czech tennis Network.

It may be good for Petra to leave the Czech Republic more so for the good weather. That conversation came up, cause one of the Czech posters were worried about Petra (who's in a very cold Czech Republic region now) getting sick practicing indoors, then proceeding outdoors after.

Petra doesn't have to go to American or any Big European Academies (cause she's already a Grand Slam, YEC and Fed Cup Champion). She just needs to have access to the world best people, and not the just the ones in the Czech Republic if there are better options elsewhere.

Excelscior
Dec 6th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Correct. She surely wants to win something big in the next season and I am pretty sure she wanted to do the same in the last one. Taking into consideration, she wasnt that successful as expected last year, she is trying now to hide her (surely not so small) expectations and not speak about it openly. A good strategy: media can sometimes be very unpleasant to remember her about what she wanted and did not manage to do for several (critically examined) reasons...

This is all true.

However, many times Petra is a CONFIDENCE Player and her level of confidence is determined by her level of play.

Sometimes you JUST want to hear Petra speak very strongly about herself, just so WE and PETRA knows she has SELF belief. She doesn't have to say anything crazy. They're ways of doing/saying it. What is Petra's base feeling before she ever enters a court?

It just makes you wonder if Petra really has that believe in herself--if she's not playing well to overcome and highly achieve (especially against a top flight opponent)?

Excelscior
Dec 6th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Henin, Hingis, Clijsters, Mauresmo, Safina, Wozniacki, Ivanovic, Federer, Nadal, Djokovic...

Just a few :lol:

I guess you didn't read what I wrote? :lol:

It's OK. I excluded the men (including the ones you wrote), but I forgot about Muresmo, Safina (does she really count, she's from Big Ole Russia), Henin, Hingis, Wozniaki and Clijsters. OK. Duly noted. Thx.

However, I guess the point that poster was making was, a disproportionate amount of Top Women Players train or spend years in America and (I'll throw in) some of the big European Tennis academies--outside the Czech Republic. That is a fact. Cause the list of number one and top 10 women who spent time in America dwarfs the list from any other ONE country.

I for one don't advocate Petra going anywhere currently for specific training, unless she worked with some new people that require it. I would just want her to leave the Czech Republic in the winters for the warmer weather and so she can get better acclimated and comfortable playing on outdoor hardcourts (i.e. second nature).

As far as people to work with: I would just want her to have access to people all over the world, instead of just Cernosek's circle in the Czech Republic. So no, I'm certainly not advocating Petra go to some academy or any such place (she's way beyond that of course), unless she has a relationship that requires it and she wants to. Of course we know, that's probably not happening anytime soon with our beloved Petra. :lol:

Raiden
Dec 6th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Correct it's the entourage.

But one of our posters were saying that the current Czech Republic has many talented players who really can't win much, and maybe it's because they rely almost exclusively on the Cernosek/Czech tennis Network.

It may be good for Petra to leave the Czech Republic more so for the good weather. That conversation came up, cause one of the Czech posters were worried about Petra (who's in a very cold Czech Republic region now) getting sick practicing indoors,Forget ball practice for the moment, I actually thought she was supposed to go to the Tatra mountains or something and do some major fitness work (sorta like boot camp) to get rid of the belly and get ripped up for 2013 :lol:

What happend to that? Cancelled?

paulmara
Dec 6th, 2012, 05:54 PM

not planned this year

Excelscior
Dec 6th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Forget ball practice for the moment, I actually thought she was supposed to go to the Tatra mountains or something and do some major fitness work (sorta like boot camp) to get rid of the belly and get ripped up for 2013 :lol:

I don't know what's going to happen regarding that (though Paulmara answered it for you as a negative).

However, what do you expect for Petra when she gets a Safarova Hand Me Down as her new Fitness/Physio Coach after such a supposedly long, careful search. :eek: :oh: :eek:

It's not exactly a top flight run organization over there the past year and at the moment you know. :lol: :shrug: :lol:

bruce goose
Dec 7th, 2012, 05:43 AM
To re-assure any proud,Czech fans here,I don't think that anyone intends to put down the CR as being some backward nation that can't produce winners;it's probably more of a concern that,as long as Petra's close to home,she'll never cut the strings held by the Czech mafia stooge,Dr.Pikola,the Pyle brothers,and El Orinon Enmascarado.However,if she just listens more to respected Czech legends,that'll probably spark some productive ideas within her

steni
Dec 7th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Careful w/ that shit dude. You may get inundated with phone calls from hacks like journalists (looking for a dirty Kvitty gossip). They'll all be calling you, pretending that they are Petronius :lol:

netphobia
Dec 7th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Hey, over in GM there is a "Predict the Top 8 of 2013" thread and I was surprised to see the amount of people who have Petra in the top 3...not because I don't think she's capable of getting there or staying there, but because somehow, even after a 'disappointing' year in which she fell 6 places, a lot of people still expect her to get to at least the top 3 next year. I guess 2012 was widely assumed to be a sophomore slump...

Excelscior
Dec 7th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Hey, over in GM there is a "Predict the Top 8 of 2013" thread and I was surprised to see the amount of people who have Petra in the top 3...not because I don't think she's capable of getting there or staying there, but because somehow, even after a 'disappointing' year in which she fell 6 places, a lot of people still expect her to get to at least the top 3 next year. I guess 2012 was widely assumed to be a sophomore slump...

That's cause they don't know how crappy her support personnel is like we do. :lol:

It's that, or they feel Petra's good enough to overcome her wayward band of misfits controlled by the Evil Sith of The Dark Side--Lord Cernosek of Prostojev! :lol: :eek: :lol:

And believe it or not, Petra has a lot of fans on GM. They're just waiting for her to play well again to show their faces and support again.

Just remember Slutiana's last post ("Petra has to fulfill her side of the bargain by actually winning shit occasionally"), when discussing Petra's PR activity? Yup Yup!!

honzaneumannn
Dec 7th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Yes, you are right. I have already sent a message to her father Jiri that he should have a look at that thread and I am pretty sure he will be pleased how faithful and loyal Petra's fans still are despite her playing not that well last year !!!

I hope the 4th place in the rankings should be her principal aim cause she would not meet the biggest TOP 3 opponents before the semifinals which should increase her chances to go deep in the tournaments. All of us know what it concretely means - Radvanska's replacement in the rankings - tough but not unrealistic...

netphobia
Dec 7th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Petra has a good h2h vs. Aga anyways. :) I don't think it would be too difficult for her to get to #4 with good showings in her AO warm ups. Ugh, you know, I'm a fan of Maria, but if there could be a rematch of that semifinal at this year's AO... :P

ShiftyFella
Dec 7th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Petra has a good h2h vs. Aga anyways. :) I don't think it would be too difficult for her to get to #4 with good showings in her AO warm ups. Ugh, you know, I'm a fan of Maria, but if there could be a rematch of that semifinal at this year's AO... :P
don't get your hopes up, first she must survive damn extraliga:sobbing:

netphobia
Dec 8th, 2012, 04:22 AM
don't get your hopes up, first she must survive damn extraliga:sobbing:

:help:

It's at such a weird time, too. How are you supposed to get in a good amount of fitness training, be ready to hit, and then go to Australia, if you have this thing smack in the middle?

bruce goose
Dec 8th, 2012, 10:01 AM
You Czechs could speak a lot more authoritatively,of course,but I'm wondering if this 'Extraliga' is an event where there's LOTS of interaction between players and fans,patriotism,and camaraderie between players from the same country.......if it's the sort of thing where Petra would be seen as 'less Czech',sort of arrogant or an outsider for not playing.If that's the case,then I can understand why Petra would feel compelled to play;however,if it only attracts lukewarm interest amongst fans....as with soccer in the U.S.--where there are more Mexicans than Americans at the matches--then she should be satisfied with playing FC

Excelscior
Dec 8th, 2012, 02:49 PM
:help:

It's at such a weird time, too. How are you supposed to get in a good amount of fitness training, be ready to hit, and then go to Australia, if you have this thing smack in the middle?

Well, according to our resident reporter and record compiler--Petronius, Petra's not doing and mountain or beach boot camp type training this year.:oh:

Excelscior
Dec 8th, 2012, 03:41 PM
You Czechs could speak a lot more authoritatively,of course,but I'm wondering if this 'Extraliga' is an event where there's LOTS of interaction between players and fans,patriotism,and camaraderie between players from the same country.......if it's the sort of thing where Petra would be seen as 'less Czech',sort of arrogant or an outsider for not playing.If that's the case,then I can understand why Petra would feel compelled to play;however,if it only attracts lukewarm interest amongst fans....as with soccer in the U.S.--where there are more Mexicans than Americans at the matches--then she should be satisfied with playing FC

It's because:

1) It's a Cernosenk event

2) He REALLY wants her to play it.

3) Petra's too nice and gracious; while Cernosenk is too greedy and myopic (i.e. short term, short sighted view and viewpoints).

4) Once playing, Petra's competitive spirit and National pride come into the mix (like last years finals vs Hrdecka where she got hurt).

5) Based off of what I hear from some of the Czech Brethren here, it's really not THAT big of a deal per se (though it could be to a scrub like Lucie H., playing someone like Kvitova in a final there). However, even if it was, its still PRE PRE Season in the Czech Republic and therefore should be treated like practice (unless you're already in good physical condition and tennis shape for further exertion) for a "top player" like Petra.

Last year Lucie was farther along in her tennis playing at the time than Petra and Kvitova--unfortunately got caught up in the moment, and hurt. This is one of the several reasons why Petra's association with the Cernosenk Cabal is an ass backwards relationship, as far as I'm concerned. Too much control/hands in the cookie jar.

Petronius seems to regard Extraliga as a big deal though. Last year he seemed really excited that Lucie H. beat Petra and gave it/her all relevance, pomp & ceremony, and kudos here. :lol: I on the other hand and some others (with all respect to the Czech posse), couldn't care less, cause we could see the bigger picture and goals for Petra.

Note: I apologize to the Czech Posse for any incorrect spellings.

pling
Dec 8th, 2012, 04:00 PM
I really don't see this event as a problem. Many of Petra's competitors will be playing in similar offseason events, like the Milan thing and the top 3 now at the Brazilian shaving exhibition (:oh:). Petra is close to home, so has no loss of time to travelling. She's been training for a few weeks now, so no reason why she shouldn't be in good enough shape.

ShiftyFella
Dec 8th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Well, according to our resident reporter and record compiler--Petronius, Petra's not doing and mountain or beach boot camp type training this year.:oh:
You're not in Kansas anymore:lol: New coach has his own methods and she doesn't have to go to mountains, it's not like she's in Rocky movie:D

Petronius seems to regard Extraliga as a big deal though. Last year he seemed really excited that Lucie H. beat Petra and gave it/her all relevance, pomp & ceremony, and kudos here. :lol: I on the other hand and some others (with all respect to the Czech posse), couldn't care less, cause we could see the bigger picture and goals for Petra.

Good thing you didn't read Petra's comment about going for the title:lol: Actually, it's kinda big event, on women's side there would be a lot of famous players outside of Czech gang

I really don't see this event as a problem. Many of Petra's competitors will be playing in similar offseason events, like the Milan thing and the top 3 now at the Brazilian shaving exhibition (:oh:). Petra is close to home, so has no loss of time to travelling. She's been training for a few weeks now, so no reason why she shouldn't be in good enough shape.
Problem that this is not a exho, extraliga treated like a serious event but Petra around that time not really psychically ready to play 100% tennis, last year she pushed herself beyond what should be during preparations before tennis seasons and basically screwed her whole 2012 season because of that. If she stays in bounds not pushing herself too far, i guess everything would be ok. Winning title could be one more confidence push to play good in 2013 but Petra should put her health first by avoiding last year mistake;)

honzaneumannn
Dec 8th, 2012, 06:10 PM
You're not in Kansas anymore:lol: New coach has his own methods and she doesn't have to go to mountains, it's not like she's in Rocky movie:D

Good thing you didn't read Petra's comment about going for the title:lol: Actually, it's kinda big event, on women's side there would be a lot of famous players outside of Czech gang

Problem that this is not a exho, extraliga treated like a serious event but Petra around that time not really psychically ready to play 100% tennis, last year she pushed herself beyond what should be during preparations before tennis seasons and basically screwed her whole 2012 season because of that. If she stays in bounds not pushing herself too far, i guess everything would be ok. Winning title could be one more confidence push to play good in 2013 but Petra should put her health first by avoiding last year mistake;)
Yes, you are right. Last year's problems with her foots after the Czech extra-league final affected her playing in Australia despite having relatively solid, but not extra persuasive wins in AUS - let's remember her "so-so-matches" with Dulgheru and Carla Suarez Navarro (she was 0:2, 0:30 in the 3rd set 2nd round in AO against CSN but still winning). Hope, the same scenario will not be repated at the beginning of the new 2013 season...

Excelscior
Dec 8th, 2012, 08:21 PM
PS: Shifty, guys: I meant to say "Paulmara" earlier, on our "resident Reporter and record compiler" statement on Petra's Physio preparation.

I think when Paulmara answered that (and who ever referred to it first), mean that there would be no serious training or extended training to start the new season, as usual. I don't know. :shrug:

Hey Shifty: You summarized the issue with Extraliga very well. Nothing else to say. :yeah:

bruce goose
Dec 9th, 2012, 06:38 AM
It's because:

1) It's a Cernosenk event

2) He REALLY wants her to play it.

3) Petra's too nice and gracious; while Cernosenk is too greedy and myopic (i.e. short term, short sighted view and viewpoints).

4) Once playing, Petra's competitive spirit and National pride come into the mix (like last years finals vs Hrdecka where she got hurt).

5) Based off of what I hear from some of the Czech Brethren here, it's really not THAT big of a deal per se (though it could be to a scrub like Lucie H., playing someone like Kvitova in a final there). However, even if it was, its still PRE PRE Season in the Czech Republic and therefore should be treated like practice (unless you're already in good physical condition and tennis shape for further exertion) for a "top player" like Petra.

Last year Lucie was farther along in her tennis playing at the time than Petra and Kvitova--unfortunately got caught up in the moment, and hurt. This is one of the several reasons why Petra's association with the Cernosenk Cabal is an ass backwards relationship, as far as I'm concerned. Too much control/hands in the cookie jar.

Note: I apologize to the Czech Posse for any incorrect spellings.Well,as outsiders,it's hard for us to have a clear perspective on how big it is(or ISN'T).Even our swell fellow Petronius might not be giving us a totally accurate picture;i.e.,it might be big to HIM...to the point where he might exaggerate just a bit.I could cite examples of some American soccer geeks who swore up and down how huge the sport was supposedly becoming in their country:lol: and,if you didn't know any better,you'd be inclined to believe them based on their ardor

Navrat and Lendl are both proud Czechs(well,you could call Martina half-gringa almost,really:lol:);I wonder what THEY would advise Petra to do......maybe I'll send one of them an e-mail,actually:angel:

Raiden
Dec 9th, 2012, 11:01 PM
..........I on the other hand and some others (with all respect to the Czech posse), couldn't care less, cause we could see the bigger picture and goals for Petra.

Note: I apologize to the Czech Posse for any incorrect spellings.How much of a posse is that anyway? Everyone with the Czechoslovakian flag? I don't think so (I.luv.kvitty's clearly British).

bruce goose
Dec 10th, 2012, 04:17 AM
We'll have to find out which U.S. city has the strongest Czech community,and then we'll let Petra serve as honorary cheerleader:hearts: for one of the NFL games there....This assumes that it's not some dead-end place like Allentown,PA that has the tightest Czech community:lol:

TimeyWimey
Dec 10th, 2012, 02:01 PM
We'll have to find out which U.S. city has the strongest Czech community,and then we'll let Petra serve as honorary cheerleader:hearts: for one of the NFL games there....This assumes that it's not some dead-end place like Allentown,PA that has the tightest Czech community:lol:

Amanda Seyfried :drool:

Petronius
Dec 10th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Yes, you are right. Last year's problems with her foots after the Czech extra-league final affected her playing in Australia despite having relatively solid, but not extra persuasive wins in AUS - let's remember her "so-so-matches" with Dulgheru and Carla Suarez Navarro (she was 0:2, 0:30 in the 3rd set 2nd round in AO against CSN but still winning). Hope, the same scenario will not be repated at the beginning of the new 2013 season...

I actually think that Petra is not being pushed very hard to play the Extraliga, she simply wants to play it. It's a decision made by a grown-up woman.

Tennis is an individual and selfish sport. This is a very rare opportunity to enjoy team spirit. While this event may not matter much to fans, it may be unforgettable experience for players.

'And I also have amazing memories of Prostějov. I won the Extraliga title twice with them. I always loved team competitions.'

(http://sport.idnes.cz/hingisovou-bolely-nohy-prohlidku-prahy-si-pred-exhibici-ale-uzila-1c7-/tenis.aspx?c=A110507_161157_tenis_bur)

No-one was forcing Martina to say it, yet she did.

honzaneumannn
Dec 10th, 2012, 07:09 PM
I actually think that Petra is not being pushed very hard to play the Extraliga, she simply wants to play it. It's a decision made by a grown-up woman.

Tennis is an individual and selfish sport. This is a very rare opportunity to enjoy team spirit. While this event may not matter much to fans, it may be unforgettable experience for players.

'And I also have amazing memories of Prostějov. I won the Extraliga title twice with them. I always loved team competitions.'

(http://sport.idnes.cz/hingisovou-bolely-nohy-prohlidku-prahy-si-pred-exhibici-ale-uzila-1c7-/tenis.aspx?c=A110507_161157_tenis_bur)

No-one was forcing Martina to say it, yet she did.
Yes, you might be right, she actually wants it without being forced that much. In CZ there is a big tradition of team competitions - something which we know from socialism, where the team/collective were always the base - thats why we could get a lot of information about the team competitions in the socialism (Davis Cup and Fed Cup) or general events (Olympics) but none about the single tennis competitions because it was a part of the general propaganda here in CZ (collective/team was all, while tennis singles not that interesting to be televised or advertised).

Great example here:

US Open 1986 finals: "Martina Navratilova defeated Helena Suková" 6–3, 6–2 and "Ivan Lendl defeated Miloslav Mečíř 6–4, 6–2, 6–0" - all of them were Czechs or "original Czechs", but the 2 disciplined of them (Sukova, Mecir) were clearly supposed to lose, so nobody informed about it on TV that time although it was really a big success of the Czech tennis school. If the same had happened in a team competition at that time, it would have surely been televised with all the proper fame (Fed Cup final in Prague, where Martina spoke her legendary words to Czech crowd while being followed by the communistic secret police).

As I know Petra's family, her father is a proud Czech who always likes to see her being a part of the CZ team (if generally possible and Petra's health is OK). Considering Petra was educated and led that way, no wonder that she always wants to join the Prostejov's team in that Czech league final competition. As I told, the roots of this can be found somewhere else - perhaps somewhere in the the past.

I dont think, Maria, Vika or Serena would be that much interested to play some national league final if they were called on to join their team. They simply prefer the individual competitions while Petra likes both of them...

Petronius
Dec 10th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Yes, you might be right, she actually wants it without being forced that much. In CZ there is a big tradition of team competitions - something which we know from socialism, where the team/collective were always the base - thats why we could get a lot of information about the team competitions in the socialism (Davis Cup and Fed Cup) or general events (Olympics) but none about the single tennis competitions because it was a part of the general propaganda here in CZ (collective/team was all, while tennis singles not that interesting to be televised or advertised).

Great example here:

US Open 1986 finals: "Martina Navratilova defeated Helena Suková" 6–3, 6–2 and "Ivan Lendl defeated Miloslav Mečíř 6–4, 6–2, 6–0" - all of them were Czechs or "original Czechs", but the 2 disciplined of them (Sukova, Mecir) were clearly supposed to lose, so nobody informed about it on TV that time although it was really a big success of the Czech tennis school. If the same had happened in a team competition at that time, it would have surely been televised with all the proper fame (Fed Cup final in Prague, where Martina spoke her legendary words to Czech crowd while being followed by the communistic secret police).

As I know Petra's family, her father is a proud Czech who always likes to see her being a part of the CZ team (if generally possible and Petra's health is OK). Considering Petra was educated and led that way, no wonder that she always wants to join the Prostejov's team in that Czech league final competition. As I told, the roots of this can be found somewhere else - perhaps somewhere in the the past.

I dont think, Maria, Vika or Serena would be that much interested to play some national league final if they were called on to join their team. They simply prefer the individual competitions while Petra likes both of them...

Great insight and example, yeah that's how things were before 1989.

Your example with Navratilova reminded me of one issue we discussed here in the past: top Czech players, Petra included, sometimes struggle with their compatriots despite being the clear favourite to win the match. For example Petra's straight-set loss to Hradecka in Madrid and the loss to the same player in the Extraliga finals (despite being ranked much higher) or the struggle with BZS at the 2011 Paris Indoors (Petra had to save a matchpoint).

Now look at this funny past example which concerns Martina (take it as an off-season speculation on tennis history :lol:):

In 1983, Hana Mandlíková defeated Martina Navratilova in three sets in the final at Oakland, California, ending Navratilova's 54 match winning streak, two short of tying the record held by Evert at the time. Navratilova then embarked on a 74 match winning streak, a record that still stands.

So, if Navratilova was not defeated by a fellow Czech player (product of the same system), she could have been on a 128-match winning streak!

To make it even more amazing, who did snap Martina's 74-match winning streak in 1984? Yes, another fellow Czech player, Helena Suková (and denied Martina from calendar grand slam)!

Considering that in 1984 Martina had a 82-2 record, if it were not for fellow Czechs Hana and Helena, she could have been on sth like a 150, 160 or even 170-match winning streak. :lol:

Conclusion: Petra better learn from the Martina example and watch out when playing fellow Czech girls, they have no respect and can deny you from a calendar grand slam or snap the best winning streak ever :lol:

honzaneumannn
Dec 10th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Great insight and example, yeah that's how things were before 1989.

Your example with Navratilova reminded me of one issue we discussed here in the past: top Czech players, Petra included, sometimes struggle with their compatriots despite being the clear favourite to win the match. For example Petra's straight-set loss to Hradecka in Madrid and the loss to the same player in the Extraliga finals (despite being ranked much higher) or the struggle with BZS at the 2011 Paris Indoors (Petra had to save a matchpoint).

Now look at this funny past example which concerns Martina (take it as an off-season speculation on tennis history :lol:):

In 1983, Hana Mandlíková defeated Martina Navratilova in three sets in the final at Oakland, California, ending Navratilova's 54 match winning streak, two short of tying the record held by Evert at the time. Navratilova then embarked on a 74 match winning streak, a record that still stands.

So, if Navratilova was not defeated by a fellow Czech player (product of the same system), she could have been on a 128-match winning streak!

To make it even more amazing, who did snap Martina's 74-match winning streak in 1984? Yes, another fellow Czech player, Helena Suková (and denied Martina from calendar grand slam)!

Considering that in 1984 Martina had a 82-2 record, if it were not for fellow Czechs Hana and Helena, she could have been on sth like a 150, 160 or even 170-match winning streak. :lol:

Conclusion: Petra better learn from the Martina example and watch out when playing fellow Czech girls, they have no respect and can deny you from a calendar grand slam or snap the best winning streak ever :lol:
...which we could see in that Czech league match final where Kvitova was surprisingly def. by Hradecka 7:6, 6:7, 5:7. We could also see it in other matches when Petra had to face her Czech compatriots. Hradecka ended Petra's 2011 indoor winning streak (some 27 matches with no loss and then this streak was broken by Lucie Hradecka..ha, ha) despite not considered as an official match.

The Czech women tennis players like to play for their teams and also connections between them (despite their playing for several teams) appear to be very good (considering the always great Fed Cup mood = something the Russians or Serbians can only dream of).

So Petra, you can surely play the Czech league final if you want but show to all other Czech girls who the real boss is !!! (as you showed to Lucie Safarova shortly before your leaving to Istanbul in Prostejov's training hall where you demolished our nice Lucie 6:1, 6:0 in an uncompromising manner !!!

Petronius
Dec 10th, 2012, 09:54 PM
So Petra, you can surely play the Czech league final if you want but show to all other Czech girls who the real boss is !!! (as you showed to Lucie Safarova shortly before your leaving to Istanbul in Prostejov's training hall where you demolished our nice Lucie 6:1, 6:0 in an uncompromising manner !!!

:worship:

But please don't get injured while doing so. :cool:

honzaneumannn
Dec 10th, 2012, 09:56 PM
:worship:

But please don't get injured while doing so. :cool:
I am another one to join that alerting club !!!

bruce goose
Dec 11th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Amanda Seyfried :drool:Though I don't imagine Petra as a dream gf or anything,I actually prefer the athletic type to actresses.Both models and actresses often don't look NEARLY as good with their makeup off(and I've seen this first-hand from dating one)...plus they freely use coke and heroin and often don't age very well,emotionally OR physically....An added bonus is that sports teach women how to be tough and overcome challenges,so many female athletes are psychologically stronger than their more sedentary female counterparts.........Let's hope that Petra always lives up to those positive stereotypes,huh;)?

netphobia
Dec 11th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Celebrities always have weird narcissism complexes too. Perhaps it has something to do with being known mainly for your looks. ;)

But please don't get injured while doing so.

No kidding. I am so torn as to whether I should think of 2012 as the 'sophomore slump/figuring things out' year, or if I should really be nervous for 2013 and expect it to go just like this year...

Petronius
Dec 11th, 2012, 11:11 AM
I am another one to join that alerting club !!!

BTW, maybe another Petra is in the works? Kateřina Siniaková (born 1996, Czech mother and Russian father) fell just one match short of finishing the season as the world #1 in juniors and spent one week practicing at the Bolletieri academy, with Sharapova working hard on the adjacent court :lol:

Her main goal is Wimbledon so what about a Kvitová-Siniaková Wimbledon final in 2017?

[/delusion]

Petronius
Dec 11th, 2012, 11:58 AM

Funny idea. I think Chicago has always been the city with the strongest Czech community in the US (Barack Obama even referred to this during his Prague speech on nuclear disarmament). In early 1930s there was even a Czech-born Chicago mayor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton_Cermak). Poor guy was assassinated while shaking hands with President-elect Franklin D. Roosevelt at Bayfront Park in Miami, Florida, on February 15, 1933... :o

JarkaFish
Dec 11th, 2012, 01:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Dh4bU.png

Haha.

18majors
Dec 11th, 2012, 01:44 PM
BTW, maybe another Petra is in the works? Kateřina Siniaková (born 1996, Czech mother and Russian father) fell just one match short of finishing the season as the world #1 in juniors and spent one week practicing at the Bolletieri academy, with Sharapova working hard on the adjacent court :lol:

Her main goal is Wimbledon so what about a Kvitová-Siniaková Wimbledon final in 2017?

[/delusion]

There have been no shortage of good athletes and tennis players from Czech but Katerina will have a tough competitor in Ana Konjuh of Croatia, who won both Eddie Herr and Orange Bowl at age 14.

Excelscior
Dec 11th, 2012, 01:49 PM
No kidding. I am so torn as to whether I should think of 2012 as the 'sophomore slump/figuring things out' year, or if I should really be nervous for 2013 and expect it to go just like this year...

I guess we won't know for sure, until another 3 years. :eek: :lol: :eek:

Hopefully, we'll find out a lot sooner--meaning she'll be playing an an elite level again. However, like you alluded to, there's so much going on, beside the requisite transitional/adjustment year. :eek:

We'll see?

bruce goose
Dec 11th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Funny idea. I think Chicago has always been the city with the strongest Czech community in the US (Barack Obama even referred to this during his Prague speech on nuclear disarmament). In early 1930s there was even a Czech-born Chicago mayor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton_Cermak). Poor guy was assassinated while shaking hands with President-elect Franklin D. Roosevelt at Bayfront Park in Miami, Florida, on February 15, 1933... :oFunny that you mentioned that;our middle-school history teacher told us that it was the governor of Illinois(where Chicago is located) but I never actually bothered to look it up.According to our teacher,the Czech fellow had the misfortune of looking very much like President FDR,and the assassin was some nutcase who had intended to kill the president and simply couldn't tell them apart...talk about bad luck,huh?:eek:

As you might guess,I was joking about Petra serving as honorary cheerleader,but the Chicago Bears were the original dynasty in the early years of the NFL.It's still a town with lots of rabid,savvy fans,but championships have been scarce in the modern era.IIRC,they won a title in 1963 in the pre-Super Bowm era and then won SB20 in Jan. of 1986...and that's been it in the last 50 years.Obviously,if Petra DOES become a fan,we won't look for her to duplicate that infrequency of championships:lol:

Petronius
Dec 11th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Funny that you mentioned that;our middle-school history teacher told us that it was the governor of Illinois(where Chicago is located) but I never actually bothered to look it up.According to our teacher,the Czech fellow had the misfortune of looking very much like President FDR,and the assassin was some nutcase who had intended to kill the president and simply couldn't tell them apart...talk about bad luck,huh?:eek:

I checked their photos and they really looked quite similar :eek:

Bad luck for the Czech, good luck for FDR.

Petronius
Dec 11th, 2012, 04:16 PM
There have been no shortage of good athletes and tennis players from Czech but Katerina will have a tough competitor in Ana Konjuh of Croatia, who won both Eddie Herr and Orange Bowl at age 14.

I agree. Yugoslavia have been always very good at sports. It's a shame that this country has been split into so many states, sometimes in a violent way.

ShiftyFella
Dec 11th, 2012, 09:42 PM
When does Extraliga starts is it on 13 or 15?

Petronius
Dec 11th, 2012, 11:31 PM
When does Extraliga starts is it on 13 or 15?

13th

http://www.tenisovaextraliga.cz/

Check the Liberec roster, they have Pironkova :lol:

It's also funny that the sister of 1996 Wimbledon champ Richard Krajicek is listed as a Czech (she's fluent in both Dutch and Czech) to comply with the maximum of three foreigners in a team :lol:

BTW, shame that Radwanska and Cetkovska are on the same team and can't play against each other ;)

TimeyWimey
Dec 11th, 2012, 11:55 PM
13th

http://www.tenisovaextraliga.cz/

Check the Liberec roster, they have Pironkova :lol:

It's also funny that the sister of 1996 Wimbledon champ Richard Krajicek is listed as a Czech (she's fluent in both Dutch and Czech) to comply with the maximum of three foreigners in a team :lol:

BTW, shame that Radwanska and Cetkovska are on the same team and can't play against each other ;)

Michaela? I heard the news she won't be able to play until next March

TimeyWimey
Dec 12th, 2012, 12:02 AM
also last year massive withdrawal i remember, Caro, Aga, Dani......

bruce goose
Dec 12th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Michaela? I heard the news she won't be able to play until next MarchNow THERE'S am easy name to forget.As I recall,she won about 3 titles when she was only 16 or so,and then she became surprisingly irrelevant.I joked with one of my friends that Michaella availed herself of too much of that free marijuana they give the young people in Holland(though I might be thinking of the wrong country:angel:))

Petra is a marked contrast there in that she won relatively little in her teens,when young players often begin blooming,and then suddenly shocked many folks with an impressive rise in her early 20s

Petronius
Dec 12th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Michaela? I heard the news she won't be able to play until next March

I've heard the same.

bruce goose
Dec 12th, 2012, 04:38 PM
I've heard the same.Her supplier of 'Acapulco Gold' just got out of jail...so she'll be 'busy' for a while:p...but HOPEFULLY not with Petra:eek:

Petronius
Dec 13th, 2012, 09:03 PM
For Czech speakers or learners: On Friday from 10 a.m. CET, Petra will be interviewed for one hour by Czech radio station 'Radiožurnál'

On-line link to the live broadcast: http://prehravac.rozhlas.cz/radiozurnal

bruce goose
Dec 14th, 2012, 04:26 AM
For Czech speakers or learners: On Friday from 10 a.m. CET, Petra will be interviewed for one hour by Czech radio station 'Radiožurnál'

On-line link to the live broadcast: http://prehravac.rozhlas.cz/radiozurnalFor those of us who are neither speakers NOR learners,you may give us a brief summary of what Petra said...if you wish:angel:

paulmara
Dec 14th, 2012, 08:57 AM
For those of us who are neither speakers NOR learners,you may give us a brief summary of what Petra said...if you wish:angel:

How would you describe 2012 season ?

2012 : „ Injuries & Illnesses“

„Mr.Lendl“

prerecorded, Petra in Olomouc, reporter in Prague, wasted opportunity

Petronius
Dec 14th, 2012, 09:04 AM
For those of us who are neither speakers NOR learners,you may give us a brief summary of what Petra said...if you wish:angel:

Nothing new and I hope paulmara will make a summary. :angel:

The funniest moment came at the end, when the moderator asked Petra to read a question to listeners: 'Which Czech player won Wimbledon, YEC and Fed Cup in a single year: Navratilova, Kvitova or Vaidisova?' :lol:

paulmara
Dec 14th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Nothing new and I hope paulmara will make a summary. :angel:

Please, I don´t want to hear it again.

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/4069/passkv.gif

Petronius
Dec 14th, 2012, 12:32 PM

Great gif! :worship: Please put it in the gifs thread :)

BTW, did you hear when Petra said 'To jste uhodil klobouček na hlavičku.' :lol:

bruce goose
Dec 14th, 2012, 04:37 PM

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/4069/passkv.gifI second Petronius on that;Petra:inlove: looks like Miss Universe in that gif

Deestruction
Dec 14th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Petra looks amazeballs here. :inlove:

bruce goose
Dec 15th, 2012, 04:20 AM
Great gif! :worship: Please put it in the gifs thread :)

BTW, did you hear when Petra said 'To jste uhodil klobouček na hlavičku.' :lol:"To joust on unicorns clubbing against Hlavackova".....If that's not a good translation;),then feel free to tell us what Petra really said.....Or was it an inside joke only for 'Czech Learners?':p

bharatkt
Dec 15th, 2012, 05:26 AM

Great gif. Thanks for the post.

ShiftyFella
Dec 15th, 2012, 09:10 AM
"To joust on unicorns clubbing against Hlavackova".....If that's not a good translation;),then feel free to tell us what Petra really said.....Or was it an inside joke only for 'Czech Learners?':p
I believe it's more about "knocking the hat off":haha:

paulmara
Dec 15th, 2012, 11:12 AM
"To joust on unicorns clubbing against Hlavackova".....If that's not a good translation;),then feel free to tell us what Petra really said.....Or was it an inside joke only for 'Czech Learners?':p

standard version

http://www.podlahycech.eu/fotocache/cat/kladivo_hrebik.jpg

Petra´s version

http://www.babylife.cz/fotky24346/fotos/28051c_mmm_1.jpg

http://i.mimibazar.cz/s/bc/1/120514/20/a55762384.jpg

Petronius
Dec 15th, 2012, 11:44 AM
standard version

http://www.podlahycech.eu/fotocache/cat/kladivo_hrebik.jpg

Petra´s version

http://www.babylife.cz/fotky24346/fotos/28051c_mmm_1.jpg

http://i.mimibazar.cz/s/bc/1/120514/20/a55762384.jpg

:haha:

'You hit the hat on its head.' :lol:

Deestruction
Dec 15th, 2012, 09:16 PM
paulmara :spit: :lol:

netphobia
Dec 15th, 2012, 11:05 PM
:hysteric: omg

bruce goose
Dec 16th, 2012, 04:31 AM
Has Petra ever responded to any of you on Twitter?I don't use that social medium myself but,for those of you who DO,I'd like you to encourage Petra to contact our lovely,overly-dramatic panicker,Netphobia,on at least a monthly basis...just to prevent the sort of emotional outbreaks we see above:lol:....I know that Petra is busy being a pro tennis player but,whenever she had some freetime,she could go on a quick 'rescue mission';)

Petronius
Dec 16th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Besides today, the Prostejov team are scheduled to play on 18 and - if they reach the final - on 19 December so Petra will probably play two singles matches and maybe even one doubles match.

Should be both on livescorehunter and CT4.

bruce goose
Dec 16th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Besides today, the Prostejov team are scheduled to play on 18 and - if they reach the final - on 19 December so Petra will probably play two singles matches and maybe even one doubles match.

Should be both on livescorehunter and CT4.Could you remind some of us who Petra's teammates are??Just curious

paulmara
Dec 16th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Could you remind some of us who Petra's teammates are??Just curious

1. Radwanska Agnieszka POL
2. Kvitová Petra CZE
3. Šafářová Lucie CZE

1. Berdych Tomáš CZE
2. Kohlschreiber Philipp GER
3. Seppi Andreas ITA
4. Mayer Florian GER

bruce goose
Dec 16th, 2012, 07:01 PM
2. Kvitová Petra CZE
3. Šafářová Lucie CZE

1. Berdych Tomáš CZE
3. Seppi Andreas ITA
4. Mayer Florian GERThanks.I've heard of all of those ATP guys,but I'm much more familiar with the Czech because he's the best of that bunch plus I don't watch ATP too often.It appears that Petra has at least a half-decent team for such an event

ShiftyFella
Dec 16th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Thanks.I've heard of all of those ATP guys,but I'm much more familiar with the Czech because he's the best of that bunch plus I don't watch ATP too often.It appears that Petra has at least a half-decent team for such an event
only girls are good, Mayer lost badly and Seppi was about too but Dodig retired. Kohlschreiber is disgrace even more than Tipsy but at least he won:lol:

btw, full Prostetov team list

PROSTĚJOV
Muži:
1. Berdych Tomáš CZE
3. Seppi Andreas ITA
4. Mayer Florian GER
5. Nieminen Jarkko FIN
6. Hájek Jan CZE
7. Veselý Jiří CZE
8. Pavlásek Adam CZE:oh:

Ženy:
2. Kvitová Petra CZE
3. Šafářová Lucie CZE
4. Cetkovská Petra CZE
5. Smitková Tereza CZE
6. Krejčíková Barbora CZE

Barktra
Dec 16th, 2012, 07:21 PM
They definitely should win 100% :lol:

ShiftyFella
Dec 16th, 2012, 07:36 PM
They definitely should win 100% :lol:
They should but I'm not sure, first they need to win against Petra Martic's team, she can surprise us, if so they probably face really strong Hradecká team

Petronius
Dec 16th, 2012, 09:44 PM
only girls are good, Mayer lost badly and Seppi was about too but Dodig retired. Kohlschreiber is disgrace even more than Tipsy but at least he won:lol:

PROSTĚJOV
Muži:
1. Berdych Tomáš CZE
3. Seppi Andreas ITA
4. Mayer Florian GER
5. Nieminen Jarkko FIN
6. Hájek Jan CZE
7. Veselý Jiří CZE

This guy is a huge talent. He was the world's No. 1 junior in 2011 and since then he has jumped about 300 places in the ATP ranking, winning several futures tournaments :)

netphobia
Dec 16th, 2012, 10:17 PM
I didn't know the "hysteric" smiley carried such a heavy connotation. :lol:

Three-set win today for Petra's team. :)

bruce goose
Dec 17th, 2012, 04:23 AM

PROSTĚJOV
Muži:
1. Berdych Tomáš CZE
3. Seppi Andreas ITA
4. Mayer Florian GER
5. Nieminen Jarkko FIN
6. Hájek Jan CZE
7. Veselý Jiří CZE

Ženy:
2. Kvitová Petra CZE
3. Šafářová Lucie CZE
4. Cetkovská Petra CZE
5. Smitková Tereza CZE
6. Krejčíková Barbora CZEI know that Petronius has emphasized that this Extraliga is important to Petra but,with so many foreigners playing,my guess is that she feels more patriotic over FC

paulmara
Dec 17th, 2012, 11:50 AM
they probably face really strong Hradecká team

her team was rosoled

Excelscior
Dec 17th, 2012, 01:04 PM
I know that Petronius has emphasized that this Extraliga is important to Petra but,with so many foreigners playing,my guess is that she feels more patriotic over FC

Well, let's see if most of these players actually show up.

Last year, they had a great list as well, but most of those top players didn't show up.

And once again, if Petra plays in the finals, I'm not sure she'll take it easy if she's not in good tennis shape because of Patriotism, competitiveness and Cernosenk based pride and hubris.

Take it easy Petra.

bruce goose
Dec 17th, 2012, 01:43 PM
her team was rosoledOkay,Paul,is that some new word that the young people are using nowadays?It looks like something that Petra might concoct when she didn't know how to translate correctly

Excelscior
Dec 17th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Okay,Paul,is that some new word that the young people are using nowadays?It looks like something that Petra might concoct when she didn't know how to translate correctly

I guess somebody Luc Rosol-ed her team. :lol:

Remember him? :confused:

He's the guy that steam rolled Rafa at Wimbledon. And remember he's Czech. :lol:

ShiftyFella
Dec 17th, 2012, 02:59 PM
her team was rosoled
well, yes and no, her team still can make it to the finals, if Liberec beats Prevov with a certain score but now i'm not sure, especially if Rosol and Istomin wins their share of matches

btw, Petra plays tomorrow?

bruce goose
Dec 17th, 2012, 07:19 PM
I guess somebody Luc Rosol-ed her team. :lol:

Remember him? :confused:

He's the guy that steam rolled Rafa at Wimbledon. And remember he's Czech. :lol:I didn't know that you could speak 'Paul';do they teach 'Paul' in some of the language schools in NYC:lol:?

Yes,now that you mention it,I remember the match,but the guy's name escaped my memory...and he certainly wasn't famous enough to have his name used as a verb like Paul just did:lol:.Do you think that we could use 'Petra' as a verb,too?: The young tennis prodigy "Petraed" by choosing her alcoholic father and his drinking buddies to manage her career

Petronius
Dec 17th, 2012, 07:32 PM
btw, Petra plays tomorrow?

Not sure, she may not play until the final.

ShiftyFella
Dec 17th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Not sure, she may not play until the final.
It would be even better since tomorrow i probably miss all games but i don't want to miss Petra's match:lol:

Petronius
Dec 17th, 2012, 09:17 PM
It would be even better since tomorrow i probably miss all games but i don't want to miss Petra's match:lol:

I just hope there will be some decent TV camera angle. Most of the Prostejov facilities have quite low ceilings so the camera angle is not ideal IMO. Hope the Czech TV will step it up for the final.

BTW, what really made me laugh today was reading that Radek went to Prostejov by train (and was recognized by many people). I thought that such a rich guy had a Ferrari or at least a Porsche so why bother with 'ordinary' people :lol:

ShiftyFella
Dec 17th, 2012, 09:34 PM
I hope final would be on CT4 cause watching games on Bet365 is not really 'enjoyable', especially moments when you hear the sound of hitting but picture freezes or delayed and you get confused what actually going on after few minutes:lol:

Deestruction
Dec 18th, 2012, 03:59 AM
her team was rosoled

Oh its everywhere is it :o

bruce goose
Dec 18th, 2012, 04:18 AM
Most of the Prostejov facilities have quite low ceilings so the camera angle is not ideal IMO.I thought you'd said that Petra's mafia stooge manager had really improved the quality of facilities in the CR.From what you've described above,it sounds like they're playing inside of a crackerjack box:rolleyes:(pinche gringo modismo)

Petronius
Dec 18th, 2012, 10:22 AM
I thought you'd said that Petra's mafia stooge manager had really improved the quality of facilities in the CR.From what you've described above,it sounds like they're playing inside of a crackerjack box:rolleyes:(pinche gringo modismo)

Definitely, but these facilities are mainly designed for practice and training and not for TV matches so the camera cannot be positioned as well as in a large indoor arena. The Extraliga matches are played mostly on practice courts. :)

Petronius
Dec 18th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Both Kvitova and Berdych lost, but still a good preparation.

ShiftyFella
Dec 18th, 2012, 07:25 PM
damn, she actually played and i missed it as i feared, tho i would be all over the final:)

btw, as i've said in GM, i'm glad Petra lost, tho she could have been a little more 'competitive' or better prepared, i guess new fitness guy had short span to actually prepare her or he just useless:o

Petronius
Dec 18th, 2012, 11:03 PM
I was thinking about Petra's fitness issues and how her fitness training sessions should look like and than I found a video of this Slovak chick...

T5_JlV3Vbmo

You will like it, especially if you're a heterosexual guy :lol:

netphobia
Dec 19th, 2012, 03:27 AM
Well, it is still 2012. Perhaps on January 1st there will be some kind of miraculous turnaround. ;)

ShiftyFella
Dec 19th, 2012, 07:07 AM
I was thinking about Petra's fitness issues and how her fitness training sessions should look like and than I found a video of this Slovak chick...

You will like it, especially if you're a heterosexual guy :lol:
she's not sweating enough, tho she's sweet:lol:
2CX9Z3546Vo

bruce goose
Dec 19th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Definitely, but these facilities are mainly designed for practice and training and not for TV matches so the camera cannot be positioned as well as in a large indoor arena. The Extraliga matches are played mostly on practice courts. :)Well,then that makes me doubt your earlier claim about how amazingly important Extraliga supposedly is to Czech sports fans...if no one even bothers to get a professional sports venue to host the event........As for the vid of the Slovak,I'll assume that you weren't actually searching for a trainer for Petra...but just randomly internet browsing as many normal guys do;).In your defense:angel:,you don't post such stuff even halfway as often as lots of others do

Petronius
Dec 19th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Well,then that makes me doubt your earlier claim about how amazingly important Extraliga supposedly is to Czech sports fans...if no one even bothers to get a professional sports venue to host the event........As for the vid of the Slovak,I'll assume that you weren't actually searching for a trainer for Petra...but just randomly internet browsing as many normal guys do;).In your defense:angel:,you don't post such stuff even halfway as often as lots of others do

Well, this girl actually competes in bikini fitness :lol: If our friend 'pov' were here, he would be all over this video, saying that Petra should have her stomach ripped like the fitness girl :lol:

AfroIYH
Dec 19th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Well, this girl actually competes in bikini fitness :lol: If our friend 'pov' were here, he would be all over this video, saying that Petra should have her stomach ripped like the fitness girl :lol:

I think Petra already has her stomach ripped by GM.

Excelscior
Dec 19th, 2012, 06:14 PM
I think Petra already has her stomach ripped by GM.

Mmmhh. Good one. :lol:

bruce goose
Dec 19th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Well, this girl actually competes in bikini fitness :lol: If our friend 'pov' were here, he would be all over this video, saying that Petra should have her stomach ripped like the fitness girl :lol:Didn't know that 'pov' was a 'he';had thought the opposite....but hadn't really bothered to think about it that much;).Anyway,you might send him/her back into intensive therapy by referring to me as a 'friend':lol:...but you are correct that Petra's stomach was a highly recurring theme for that poster

steni
Dec 25th, 2012, 04:50 AM
Is Petra playing Brisbane and Sidney?

Somebody have info about Petra's 2013 tournament schedule?

Meelis
Dec 25th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Brisbane - Sydney - AO - Fed Cup (I presume) - Doha - Dubai

steni
Dec 26th, 2012, 02:33 AM
Brisbane - Sydney - AO - Fed Cup (I presume) - Doha - Dubai

Wow, I was expecting her to play just one warm up before AO! and weird that she is not playing Paris...

steni
Dec 26th, 2012, 02:40 AM
Czech Petra Kvitova goes back to where dream year began

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/tennis/czech-petra-kvitova-goes-back-to-where-dream-year-began/story-fnbe6xeb-1226543328257

bruce goose
Dec 26th, 2012, 03:12 AM
Wow, I was expecting her to play just one warm up before AO! and weird that she is not playing Paris...Didn't Petra neglect to defend her Paris Indoor title this past season(with the proximity of FC as a rationale for that)?

netphobia
Dec 26th, 2012, 05:04 AM

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/tennis/czech-petra-kvitova-goes-back-to-where-dream-year-began/story-fnbe6xeb-1226543328257

From the title, I thought they were citing 2012 as her 'dream year'. :lol: :unsure:

Huh. All I really took away from that article is that I want some fried carp and potato salad now. :( That, and apparently her new fitness trainer doesn't do weight training...but okay, we'll see how that plays out in 2013.

ShiftyFella
Dec 26th, 2012, 06:07 AM

huh, article looks like a merger of Prague Post and Pat Cash interviews.

That, and apparently her new fitness trainer doesn't do weight training...but okay, we'll see how that plays out in 2013.
body training usually better for athleticism i.e mobility(movement speed\quickness) and stamina, so i guess he knows what he doing, maybe:shrug:

flyingmachine
Dec 26th, 2012, 10:14 AM
body training usually better for athleticism i.e mobility(movement speed\quickness) and stamina, so i guess he knows what he doing, maybe:shrug:
At least she got a new trainer I guess. :shrug:

Raiden
Dec 26th, 2012, 12:14 PM
... and apparently her new fitness trainer doesn't do weight training...but okay, we'll see how that plays out in 2013.body training usually better for athleticism i.e mobility(movement speed\quickness) and stamina, so i guess he knows what he doing, maybe:shrug:At least she got a new trainer I guess. :shrug::lol:

You guys are having difficulty in hiding your pessimism about the new arrangement :lol:

steni
Dec 26th, 2012, 03:25 PM

You guys are having difficulty in hiding your pessimism about the new arrangement :lol:

I personally don't feel pessimist about this, just need to wait and see...

Meelis
Dec 26th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Wow, I was expecting her to play just one warm up before AO! and weird that she is not playing Paris...

Paris is right after AO this time. Hardly any top player will play there.

Excelscior
Dec 26th, 2012, 04:49 PM
I personally don't feel pessimist about this, just need to wait and see...

I'm not going to comment or criticize the current arrangement, at the moment. I'll wait and see like you guys.

However, it would help if people knew their strategy (or more about this gentlemen background and/or qualifications). 'Oh Yeah'. That's part of the problem (his background, or apparent lack of it). I forgot. :lol: And of course, if I was Petra, I would never want Lucie Safarova 'hand me downs' to begin with in the first place. But that's another argument. :lol:

Serena brought in a noted boxing guy to work on her fitness/conditioning, after being out and sick a year. Good for her. And the thing is, you don't need to hire Eddie Futch, Cus D'Amato or Emmanuel Steward (famous boxing trainers). You would just need someone that is relatively cheap, but experienced/quality; were around top fighters, and knows the training regimen, and could convert it for a Tennis Player.

Aggassi hired Gil Reyes full time (who wasn't famous at the time), as another example.

Other athletes, even if they have a personal fitness trainers, will still bring in experts. For example, Track and Field guys can REALLY help you with your quickness, sprinting, reaction time/explosion, as well as stamina. Again, you don't need to bring in Michael Johnson or Glen Mills (Usain Bolt's coach; though it could help of course, lol). But you can bring in someone good enough (in the concepts and drills) and cheap enough to help Petra improve her sprinting, reaction time and explosion. That's what she needs [to reclaim] more than anything, I feel. Petra wasn't in position to hit those spectacular winners last year, as she was in 2011. Of course, her confusion, lack of anticipation, and other factors had something to do with it as well.

I'm sure Petra has normal work out drills for footwork and explosion. I've seen her with Ivanko. My question is, have they sought out the other people who specialize in this (like Track And Field or other Coaches), who could squeeze out more? It's that, or will she/they give it a special emphasis this year (or repeat what worked in 2011)?

This would be the same, as bringing in noted tennis specialist to work on your serve or return, though you already have a tennis coach. The question is: What's the commitment (of her team)?

Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see? :eek:

Excelscior
Dec 26th, 2012, 05:08 PM
PS: While we're on the topic. Still no announcements of a part time, full time or Per Diem Male hitting partner for Petra (going into 2013), huh?

TimeyWimey
Dec 26th, 2012, 06:19 PM
where can i find the PDF version of WTA calendar 2013? anyone has the link?

ShiftyFella
Dec 26th, 2012, 07:57 PM
where can i find the PDF version of WTA calendar 2013? anyone has the link?
here (http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-Archive/Archive/AboutTheTour/TourCalendar.pdf) you go;)

TimeyWimey
Dec 26th, 2012, 09:45 PM
here (http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-Archive/Archive/AboutTheTour/TourCalendar.pdf) you go;)

thank you! couldn't find it since they revamp the site....

paulmara
Dec 27th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Katie joins forces with Tamira Paszek

http://www.katiespellman.com/content/katie-joins-forces-with-tamira-paszek/

paulmara
Dec 28th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Thanks to Invisible Fan

Asthma problems a threat for Kvitova

The humidity is not great for me as I have asthma so I'm breathing tougher but that's part of me and I have to fight with this," she said.

"2011 wasn't as bad ... it wasn't that hot.

"Otherwise I'm feeling good and healthy.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8586033

KVITOVA, KOALAS & QUALIES

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/article/3020596/title/kvitova-koalas-qualies

Excelscior
Dec 28th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Hey Petronius, Paulara, Queen Petra Fan, Lufa (I think that's he name), Meelis, etc.: Any news on Petra or her team yet, and their plans for 2013?

We know she missed her end of the year mountain or beach training this year (plus she has a new fitness person). I was just curious to hear anything on her training, practice regimens or outlook.

If I read her schedule right: It almost seems like she wants to play a lot of events early, to get her self in physical and playing shape.

Oh well/if not. I guess we just got to wait for the cheesy tournament press conferences and/or the clichéd interviews at them.

PS: And thanks for Paulmara forwarding that article from Australia).

TimeyWimey
Dec 28th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Hey Petronius, Paulara, Queen Petra Fan, Lufa (I think that's he name), Meelis, etc.: Any news on Petra or her team yet, and their plans for 2013?

PS: And thanks for Paulmara forwarding that article from Australia).

I JUST realized Jozef Ivanko is not in that tennisography, which shouldn't be a surprise considering they filmed that mid-2012, but still a bit disappointed since he is such an important figure in Petra's stellar 2011

btw, is Paul in Australia? :oh:

Meelis
Dec 29th, 2012, 01:17 AM
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/tennis/kvitova-memories-of-my-first-title/story-fngme4ln-1226544795895

THE Brisbane International is an event which holds great memories for me so it's great to be back here to start a new season.

I won my first WTA title here in 2011 and it was a victory that helped kick-start my most successful year on the tour when I also enjoyed a Grand Slam win at Wimbledon.

I know that this year it is a really tough field, with eight of the top 10 players in the world all starting their season in Brisbane.

Almost everybody is playing here because they want to have the best preparation for Melbourne and they know this is a great event.

We all know it is going to be a tough draw and every match is going to be difficult, but it will be good to see how everybody is going after the off-season.

I know I didn't have a big break. I had two weeks off for a vacation and then I started back with a new fitness training program with Kristian Bajza.

Normally I've done my fitness work at high altitude, but this year we decided to train at home in Prostejov in the Czech Republic.

We didn't do anything really different, but it was really nice to be able to train and stay at home and a good change from what I'd done previously.

Kristian has changed a few things for me and we've worked on some new exercises so that I get stronger and am not troubled by injuries as much as I have been.

We really wanted to work on my speed and make me faster on the court and I think it has worked and I hope it shows here in Brisbane.

Of course I am here to try to play my best tennis and it would be good to start my campaign with some good matches here.

I am also playing in Sydney the following week, which will be another chance to get ready for Melbourne.

Petra Kvitova was made available for this column by the WTA Tour. She will be an occasional columnist during the Brisbane International

TimeyWimey
Dec 29th, 2012, 01:22 AM
^she's blogging again? last time i remember was Paris in 2011 :lol:

Meelis
Dec 29th, 2012, 01:45 AM
No, she's writing a column :lol:

Excelscior
Dec 29th, 2012, 01:48 AM
Thanks Meelis.

That's exactly the type of stuff I was looking for, requesting.

PS: What do you think (if you're willing to express it) about Petra's new Fitness trainer and regimen; both in general and based off what she said in this article?

paulmara
Dec 29th, 2012, 07:45 AM
btw, is Paul in Australia? :oh:

Who?

Lufa
Dec 29th, 2012, 05:49 PM
recent interview in Brisbane with Kotyza for CZ radio:
http://www.rozhlas.cz/zpravy/tenis/_zprava/petra-ma-na-to-byt-uplne-nejvys-rika-trener-kvitove-david-kotyza--1155215

some sentences
- I always try to teach her something new or improve her because:
- Petra's ambitions, and my too are top (he didn't said it directly, but he meant number one, later mentioned another grandslam)
- it can look like we have fun and laugh all the time, but base of of our relationship is really serious as a trainer and player
- she works really hard on all aspects - psychologist, game, fitness, health and she wants it
- asked for comparing 2011/2012 Djoko to Petra - he finds similarities, with obviously reduced results
- considering pressure, injuries, expectations and some behind the scene issues season 2012 was pretty good after season 2011 which was UNNATURAL
(he said unnatural with strange emphasis on it, like 2011 shouldn't be that good..., like the public didn't know about something in background)
- they both were really disappointed after AO semi (unspoken but looks like they expected to take the title)
- she was really broken and tearful after Istanbul, she really expected strong result
- fed cup title helped bring back confidence.

We'll see tonight ;)

Excelscior
Dec 29th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Thanks Lufa.

So they were really disappointed in/at Australia, Hmmmmh? :shrug:

Kotyza is good a several things. However, I'm starting to wonder if game planning, tactics and strategy are just not his strong suit (especially on this level against a comparable coach and player). Despite his stated surprise at the Australian, Petra lost two more times to Sharapova after (and it got worse). Minus injury or illness, It's either that or Petra's a bad student/listener. LOL

By design, Petra should never have consistent trouble with a player like Maria (albeit she lost to her on slower surfaces last year). Nonetheless, she's lost to her three in a row.

It'll be curious to see how well she does against her this year (as well as tonight)?

18majors
Dec 29th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Thanks Lufa.

It'll be curious to see how well she does against her this year (as well as tonight)?

We haven't seen the real Petra since 2012 New Haven. Hope she bounce back strongly tonight and throughout Australia.

Excelscior
Dec 29th, 2012, 08:54 PM
We haven't seen the real Petra since 2012 New Haven. Hope she bounce back strongly tonight and throughout Australia.

Yes, she did appear quite Petra Like in Montreal and New Haven Majors.

It's just too bad that she fizzled out at the US Open.

I hope she learned her lesson from that. Cause she had already told the Tournament Promoter at New Haven (before she even finished the tournament and the USO tour, and it's effects) that she was coming back in 2013.

Embittered
Dec 29th, 2012, 09:28 PM
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/tennis/kvitova-memories-of-my-first-title/story-fngme4ln-1226544795895

THE Brisbane International is an event which holds great memories for me so it's great to be back here to start a new season.

I won my first WTA title here in 2011 and it was a victory that helped kick-start my most successful year on the tour when I also enjoyed a Grand Slam win at Wimbledon.
You what? (There is a way of parsing the sentence so that it's true, of course, but it wouldn't be written that way if that's what was meant.) Did Spellman not consult with Petra at all before writing the column in her name?:devil:

TimeyWimey
Dec 29th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Yes, she did appear quite Petra Like in Montreal and New Haven Majors.

It's just too bad that she fizzled out at the US Open.

I hope she learned her lesson from that. Cause she had already told the Tournament Promoter at New Haven (before she even finished the tournament and the USO tour, and it's effects) that she was coming back in 2013.

random stuff, i actually travelled to Yale a week ago, seems like it is the only tournament venue i've visited where the centre court is far separated from the rest courts, very strange.....

TimeyWimey
Dec 29th, 2012, 10:35 PM
You what? (There is a way of parsing the sentence so that it's true, of course, but it wouldn't be written that way if that's what was meant.) Did Spellman not consult with Petra at all before writing the column in her name?:devil:

very poorly constructed indeed....

Excelscior
Dec 29th, 2012, 11:27 PM

Not only that, but Hobart was her first WTA tournment win in 2009, so that's quite embarrassing. :help: :oh: :help:

Plus, I'm tired of reading Petra's statements (unless she really did say this).

I know they all repeat the same thing. But have some variety or thoughtfulness if you're going to reflect.

I'm tired of hearing the Same Ole 2011 comments. How about getting better for 2013 (and the requisite comparisons to 2011 or 2012) Petra?

Who's writing or telling her this stuff? :lol:

AfroIYH
Dec 29th, 2012, 11:51 PM
I'm wondering what you expect Petra to say?

Excelscior
Dec 30th, 2012, 12:58 AM
I'm wondering what you expect Petra to say?

Like I said: If it was a statement or press release, I understand. Don't change it. But if it was during an interview or Presser, she can say more, with out being too revealing.

I understand why they do it: But when you hear the same player over and over again, try to sound excited, but ultimately like a rote, scripted clone, you get the picture.

Most players either say virtually nothing or are quite thoughtful. Petra tries to sound excited and thoughtful but says nothing. :lol:

As far as what she could say? That could be plenty. Here's one: in 2011 I was in great fitness, had some great practices, and didn't know what to expect, but looked forward to the year, and I excelled. This year, you could almost say I'm trying to have a bounce back year here, with some very tough competition. If I'm going to win here at Brisbane, I'm going to have play at a high level in all facets.

Another thing she can say very politely/happily is: 2011 was a great year for me indeed, but I look forward to an even better 2013, if things go my way. I love 2011; But Look forward to a better 2013.

The fixation on 2011, almost sounds like she doesn't expect to have a better year than that again (or at least she doesn't plan to).

It's all psychological. Don't sound like you're using 2011 as a crutch.

bruce goose
Dec 30th, 2012, 01:09 AM
I'm wondering what you expect Petra to say?Personally,I demand less creativity than Ex is asking for;I'd be happy to hear Petra say,'Well,she played really hard and it was closer than the score..."---cuz that means that Petra just kicked some ass:devil:

AfroIYH
Dec 30th, 2012, 01:12 AM
The problem was in 2012 she never really bounced away, she didn't excel like she was expected to but 2 Grand Slam SFs a QF at Wimbledon & Olympics, No. 8 in the world, won 2 American Hardcourt tournaments which she struggles at, and what you described as what she could of said is the same thing she usually says which you're now chastising her for.

Excelscior
Dec 30th, 2012, 01:34 AM
The problem was in 2012 she never really bounced away, she didn't excel like she was expected to but 2 Grand Slam SFs a QF at Wimbledon & Olympics, No. 8 in the world, won 2 American Hardcourt tournaments which she struggles at, and what you described as what she could of said is the same thing she usually says which you're now chastising her for.

I've heard a lot of players (and I'm sure you have as well), when asked about a great year or when they're defending a tournament, they will practically cut off the broadcaster before they finish the question and immediately re-focus on the current.

Serena, Vika, Masha, and even many lesser players are very good at that. Some are more polite at it than others of course.

I'm not saying Petra should be exactly like them. I just feel (and I heard other TF'ers say this on GM regarding one of her interviews), that she appears to lack confidence for the upcoming season. Well, many of us picked up the same thing, during 2012 as well (post Aussie Open).

You don't understand, believe that? :shrug:

Petra can say and do what she wants. I'm just telling you how it may come off.

TimeyWimey
Dec 30th, 2012, 01:55 AM
always try to stay positive here in this subforum because i've seen very little negativity even after her worst performances (most of them come from me i would think :lol:)

normally i'd rather listen to her reading yellow-page than browse through these tepid column articles, but since she mentioned already her new trainer and the overall evaluation of her off-season homework

now i'm just waiting until she steps into the court

so far as i can remember, the only interview/article that truly interested me in 2012 was the one with a French newspaper (L'EQUIPE?)

she's simply a boring girl in front of English media

bruce goose
Dec 30th, 2012, 02:15 AM
Petra could simply say,'Chingate'(IF she could pronounce it correctly;)),to certain members of the media.....but that would hurt her image:angel: with both decent tennis-loving fans and children

Excelscior
Dec 30th, 2012, 01:57 PM
always try to stay positive here in this subforum because i've seen very little negativity even after her worst performances (most of them come from me i would think :lol:)

normally i'd rather listen to her reading yellow-page than browse through these tepid column articles, but since she mentioned already her new trainer and the overall evaluation of her off-season homework

now i'm just waiting until she steps into the court

so far as i can remember, the only interview/article that truly interested me in 2012 was the one with a French newspaper (L'EQUIPE?)

she's simply a boring girl in front of English media

Yes, I agree, a mention of her trainer and what they were focusing on (speed), I thought was a good thing to hear indeed. And just like you, I'll wait and see what the results are. Of course, from that same discussion of her trainer, we were probably both curious what type of stamina exercises she did--and the effect they'll have (since she kept them local at Prostojev). But like the already mentioned speed training; we'll just have to wait and see.

She's not always boring. Petra can be both very charming and informative during post match interviews or pressers. It's the prematch interviews and press statements, that fall into the snoozeville variety. :lol:

But yes; let's stay positive.

Raiden
Dec 30th, 2012, 03:10 PM
So maybe jerriy was right, that Canadian PR lady is a waste of pay :lol:I don't wanna say toldya but you're getting the picture. I suspect she may have been better than whoever was doing the task before her - but being better than who you replaced isn't always good enough (one has to take into account that the previous one may have set a very low bar).

Raiden
Dec 30th, 2012, 03:17 PM
You what? (There is a way of parsing the sentence so that it's true, of course, but it wouldn't be written that way if that's what was meant.) Did Spellman not consult with Petra at all before writing the column in her name?:devil:She may have consulted Kvitty beforehand - but obviously Kvitty didn't see any hint of the final draft (or any draft for that matter :lol:

pling
Dec 30th, 2012, 11:52 PM
From a Reuters article on Brisbane results (http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/12/30/tennis-brisbane-idUKL4N0A406Q20121230):

Sixth-seeded Czech Petra Kvitova recovered from a pre-tournament asthma scare to defeat Spain's Carla Suarez-Navarro 6-3 6-4.

Kvitova has been gasping and wheezing in Brisbane's humid weather and revealed one of her recent attacks had been her worst in three years.

The 2011 Wimbledon champion was unaware she was asthmatic until she nearly collapsed during an event in New York in 2009.

"I was playing a tournament in the Bronx and after about five minutes I had to sit down and relax and have a drink because I just couldn't move and I couldn't play," she wrote in a column for the Courier-Mail newspaper.

"I still feel really uncomfortable when I'm in this sort of hot and humid weather and it was at practise on Friday that I started to feel a bit similar to what I did in The Bronx."

:unsure:

Excelscior
Dec 31st, 2012, 01:22 AM
From a Reuters article on Brisbane results (http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/12/30/tennis-brisbane-idUKL4N0A406Q20121230):

Sixth-seeded Czech Petra Kvitova recovered from a pre-tournament asthma scare to defeat Spain's Carla Suarez-Navarro 6-3 6-4.

Kvitova has been gasping and wheezing in Brisbane's humid weather and revealed one of her recent attacks had been her worst in three years.

The 2011 Wimbledon champion was unaware she was asthmatic until she nearly collapsed during an event in New York in 2009.

"I was playing a tournament in the Bronx and after about five minutes I had to sit down and relax and have a drink because I just couldn't move and I couldn't play," she wrote in a column for the Courier-Mail newspaper.

"I still feel really uncomfortable when I'm in this sort of hot and humid weather and it was at practise on Friday that I started to feel a bit similar to what I did in The Bronx."

:unsure:

There is a Bronx ITF event. Not sure if it's a memory or translation issue by someone. However she did lose there in straight sets (6-1 6-2) in August 2009, so it's quite possible.

If she did find out first in the Bronx ITF event, it would makes sense; cause that event is played in a park and can exacerbate any asthma or allergies.

Most media (and even Petra) stories say she discovered she had asthma at the US Open. But it was probably a fall out after the Bronx event. No big time media would probably be there to hear her story.

The irony is; she went deep into the 4th rd at the US Open and lost to Wickmayer, after defeating #1 ranked player the match before.

Based off what Petra has said in the past, I'm assuming she received a diagnosis or treatment from some local docs. And if so, does she still consult with them? Cause the last we heard last year, Petra's team had only mentioned Czech docs (though she travels around the world).

mac47
Dec 31st, 2012, 04:10 AM
Getting her excuses lined up.

bruce goose
Dec 31st, 2012, 06:45 AM
Based off what Petra has said in the past, I'm assuming she received a diagnosis or treatment from some local docs. And if so, does she still consult with them? Cause the last we heard last year, Petra's team had only mentioned Czech docs (though she travels around the world).Yes,Petra must talk with local Aussie docs b/c,as you know,her medical aces have a shopping cart full of pull-string dolls whom they retain as 'consultants',and it's often impossible for them to make it thru Customs in nations like Australia while dragging along such a menagerie

TimeyWimey
Dec 31st, 2012, 01:07 PM
oh please, why on earth was she bringing that up again, especially during a tournament? really, can't she just wait for her tennisography season two for these kind of stuff?

have absolutely nothing against her being asthmatic and (consequently or not) feeling terribly on court, but is she really trying to respond any (potential) criticism/comment this way, right in the middle of a tournament?!

ShiftyFella
Dec 31st, 2012, 03:59 PM
oh please, why on earth was she bringing that up again, especially during a tournament? really, can't she just wait for her tennisography season two for these kind of stuff?

have absolutely nothing against her being asthmatic and (consequently or not) feeling terribly on court, but is she really trying to respond any (potential) criticism/comment this way, right in the middle of a tournament?!
Don't be ridicilous, Petra is not in excuse business, I think she just responded to question or something, also Cronin reported that she had fatigue at practice due to asthma, so maybe why she was asked about that in first place or whatever, also in Brisbane this time is really hot, last time she was there it was unusually cool.

pling
Dec 31st, 2012, 04:33 PM
Don't be ridicilous, Petra is not in excuse business, I think she just responded to question or something, also Cronin reported that she had fatigue at practice due to asthma, so maybe why she was asked about that in first place or whatever, also in Brisbane this time is really hot, last time she was there it was unusually cool.

yes i think she just replies honestly. I was worried when she said it was the worst for three years - but I guess it should be expected with average Brisbane weather (maybe similar to Miami?). It's a lot further north than Sydney & Melbourne and with a different climate, so if she does struggle here it shouldn't be a trend. At the very least it's good practice at controlling her asthma in difficult conditions.

Already 2013 in Australia! - Happy New Year :D

Excelscior
Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:12 PM
For those interested or who would just like to know: Nadia Petrova and Carlos Sanchez No Longer Have a Working Relationship.

During this interview (which was originally posted by Spiceboy, with Spanish translation by PureRacket), Sanchez talks about a lot of players and things.

What did he say concerning Petra? Well here's the question and answer, below:

Do you see a player can do in 2013 to something like Errani or Kerber and get into the Top Ten?

As I see the players, I see that it will produce large changes as last year. KVITOVA MAY AGAIN MOVE INTO THE FIGHT AT NUMBER ONE, because in this season I expected much more from it, but it was a seesaw. Kvitova has a great right, but for the wrong moves inside, and when you play high balls also has enough problems. Yes, like let play their game, has CRAZY POTENTIAL

Now, I'm not judging what he said; just extrapolating that portion of the article for Petra fans here.

Here's both the original and Google translated link, below.

http://www.master1000.es/ricardo-sanchez.html

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.master1000.es%2Fricardo-sanchez.html

Can one of our Spanish posters--like BruceGoose or Steni, please make sure that Google translation is 100 percent accurate (and the middle of the paragraph/translation is quite garbled)?

Thanks.

bruce goose
Jan 4th, 2013, 12:23 AM
For those interested or who would just like to know: Nadia Petrova and Carlos Sanchez No Longer Have a Working Relationship.

During this interview (which was originally posted by Spiceboy, with Spanish translation by PureRacket), Sanchez talks about a lot of players and things.

What did he say concerning Petra? Well here's the question and answer, below:

Now, I'm not judging what he said; just extrapolating that portion of the article for Petra fans here.

Here's both the original and Google translated link, below.

http://www.master1000.es/ricardo-sanchez.html

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.master1000.es%2Fricardo-sanchez.html

Can one of our Spanish posters--like BruceGoose or Steni, please make sure that Google translation is 100 percent accurate (and the middle of the paragraph/translation is quite garbled)?

Thanks.My smokin' hot Costa Rican gf might wanna check my grammar;),but part of the translation,indeed,sucks.Sanchez said that he DIDN'T see anyone who would make a big leap to enter the top 10 in this coming year.'Because' isn't really what he meant;it was more like "'BUT' I expected(or maybe "I had already expected") much more from her this past season."

....A better English translation would be that she was 'up and down' with her performances,instead of literally calling her a seesaw.It reads that she hits well from the right side but not from the left.Obviously,'she'--and not 'you'--has problems with high balls,and 'when you let her play her game'(or style of play),she has great potential'.The word 'locos' means "crazy",but one usually doesn't say 'crazy potential' so,in that context,it means 'great'...much,much better than most.

Excelscior
Jan 4th, 2013, 12:33 AM
My smokin' hot Costa Rican gf might wanna check my grammar;),but part of the translation,indeed,sucks.Sanchez said that he DIDN'T see anyone who would make a big leap to enter the top 10 in this coming year.'Because' isn't really what he meant;it was more like "'BUT' I expected(or maybe "I had already expected") much more from her this past season."

....A better English translation would be that she was 'up and down' with her performances,instead of literally calling her a seesaw.It reads that she hits well from the right side but not from the left.Obviously,'she'--and not 'you'--has problems with high balls,and 'when you let her play her game'(or style of play),she has great potential'.The word 'locos' means "crazy",but one usually doesn't say 'crazy potential' so,in that context,it means 'great'...much,much better than most.

Thanks Bruce.

And I've heard him say before (it's repeated here) that Petra doesn't have a backhand or can hit the hight ball, which makes me wonder how much he really watches her. :lol:

I also felt that he wasn't leaning towards her having a great year, cause it took him forever to bring up her name, after he had mentioned practically everyone else. I guess like us, he doesn't know what to think. :lol:

I to, thought it was weird mentioning Petra in the top 10, when she was already in it. :lol:

Thanks for clarifying. I'm sure someone else will take a shot, give their opinion as well.

Raiden
Jan 4th, 2013, 03:37 AM
Most media (and even Petra) stories say she discovered she had asthma at the US Open. But it was probably a fall out after the Bronx event.Aren't you from Queens or something?

So I'm not sure this passing the astma blame to the next door borough is objectively motivated :oh:

bruce goose
Jan 4th, 2013, 04:23 AM
Thanks Bruce for clarifying. I'm sure someone else will take a shot, give their opinion as well.You're welcome.Not sure how that Google translator system really works,but they should offer a disclaimer in bold letters whenever their page is found.When I was looking for the nickname for Petra's new trainer,they claimed that the Czech word for 'bedwetter' was.....bedwetter:rolleyes:.

It's a win-win situation for me: If Petra gets into good shape,then I'll tip my hat to her trainer with a silent apology for doubting his abilities.However,if Petra starts huffing and puffing again while the average gal remains fresh and lively,then Paul will be bound by his word to give the correct translation;)

Excelscior
Jan 4th, 2013, 04:35 AM
Aren't you from Queens or something?

So I'm not sure this passing the astma blame to the next door borough is objectively motivated :oh:

Yeah, you funny. :lol:

That article states 'Petra almost passed out and fainted' when they discovered it. So considering her loss and the description at the Bronx ITF event, that makes more sense.

Petra went to the 4th rd of the US Open, and played a long 3+hr match (I think), against the Former Russian #1, on her way to losing to Wickmayer in the 4th.

Excelscior
Jan 4th, 2013, 04:39 AM
You're welcome.Not sure how that Google translator system really works,but they should offer a disclaimer in bold letters whenever their page is found.When I was looking for the nickname for Petra's new trainer,they claimed that the Czech word for 'bedwetter' was.....bedwetter:rolleyes:.

It's a win-win situation for me: If Petra gets into good shape,then I'll tip my hat to her trainer with a silent apology for doubting his abilities.However,if Petra starts huffing and puffing again while the average gal remains fresh and lively,then Paul will be bound by his word to give the correct translation;)

Petra may be smarter than we think. :oh:

After looking at that Sydney schedule: If she could manage to win it or at least get into the finals, that would be a nice warm up into the Australian. However if Petra would have won Brisbane (just bear with me here :lol: ), she would have probably played Sydney anyway, and then the Australian Open. So this may work out (knock on Wooden Tennis Racket) after all? :scratch:

We'll see?

TimeyWimey
Jan 7th, 2013, 12:12 AM
@BenRothenberg
Have received confirmation from the Kvitova camp that there is *no* truth to rumors that she would be working with Vaidisova in Melbourne.

interesting stuff here

paulmara
Jan 14th, 2013, 12:51 PM
The main difference in Petra´s preseason training was not using exercise machines and concentrated on bodyweight exercises.

http://www.rozhlas.cz/zpravy/tenis/_zprava/petra-kvitova-zmenila-zpusob-pripravy-veri-ve-zlepseni-vysledku--1161366

Excelscior
Jan 14th, 2013, 01:49 PM
For those of you that care: Petra was the 5th most popular rated player; the 17th most hated, and THE OVERALL 3RD RATED PLAYER in Sexysova's annual Fave, Hated list.

Remember, last year, Petra finished #2 (one vote behind Venus, and believe it or not, I didn't vote :oh: ), and this year, after a disappointing 2012, she still managed to only drop one place to #3.

Congrats Petra. Now if only her tennis can be on such a rise.

We'll see? :shrug:

Petronius
Jan 14th, 2013, 01:59 PM
(one vote behind Venus, and believe it or not, I didn't vote :oh: )

Me neither :lol:

Congrats to her.

Excelscior
Jan 14th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Me neither :lol:

Congrats to her.

Well, I felt so bad about that omission last year, I voted this year. :eek:

Don't worry, I won't ask what you did this year? :lol:

TimeyWimey
Jan 14th, 2013, 02:31 PM
b/c she's now just as irrelevant as Venus?

lost to pova 3 in a row, pova fans gonna like her
lost to aggie in YEC, aggie fan is fine with her
not even a threat to Vika, Vika fan won't care too much

Excelscior
Jan 14th, 2013, 02:42 PM
b/c she's now just as irrelevant as Venus?

lost to pova 3 in a row, pova fans gonna like her
lost to aggie in YEC, aggie fan is fine with her
not even a threat to Vika, Vika fan won't care too much

I hear what you're saying. But that's over simplifying a bit, I think.

Keep in mind if Petra won a lot, she would gain more fans as well.

Obviously, a lot of people still root for, like her, wish her to do well, even when she's playing poorly. Venus, just gained a bunch of additional votes (I hate to say it), cause of her recent ailment and struggles. But I'm not hating, or have a problem with that. :lol:

Just look at Lisicki for comparison. She tumbled in that poll, and she hasn't won much/squat, or been a threat to anyone (minus Wimbledon) since 2011. :lol: And Serena (who won almost everything), still ended the year #4.

I understand why, but you're not giving Petra enough credit. :)

Petronius
Jan 14th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Just read an interview with Petra (http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/tenis-australian-open/136378/rozhozena-kvitova-jde-v-australii-do-boje-zvykam-si-na-nove-telo.html). It seems that she's still adjusting to the results of her new fitness regime, which has somehow messed up (hopefully just temporarily) the mechanics of her tennis strokes - she sounds very confused...

Congrats to Schiavone on advancing to the second round :o

Seriously, I think she'll advance, but it may be very very ugly.

Excelscior
Jan 14th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Just read an interview with Petra (http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/tenis-australian-open/136378/rozhozena-kvitova-jde-v-australii-do-boje-zvykam-si-na-nove-telo.html). It seems that she's still adjusting to the results of her new fitness regime, which has somehow messed up (hopefully just temporarily) the mechanics of her tennis strokes - she sounds very confused...

Note: Didn't read the article yet.

I don't know if this is true or another excuse (remember the asthma from Brisbane, and "I don't knows" coming from Petra in Sydney), but if so, sorry, I can't say I'm surprised. :eek:

What a clusterfuck Petra and her team are, continue to be. :help:

I'll just leave it at that.

Hopefully, she hit enough with different people (though she still needs a male hitting partner--as TennisAddict84 recently reiterated) at the Open, to where she can make some noise and immediate impact here. I hope she can/does!

PS: I just realized what you just said about Schiavone. Nah, I think Petra will beat her. Mind you, I didn't read the article, but I hope Petra didn't say the bad swing continues? :lol: :eek: :lol:

I figured she was just talking about past tournaments (excuses, excuses).

ShiftyFella
Jan 14th, 2013, 08:45 PM
The main difference in Petra´s preseason training was not using exercise machines and concentrated on bodyweight exercises.

http://www.rozhlas.cz/zpravy/tenis/_zprava/petra-kvitova-zmenila-zpusob-pripravy-veri-ve-zlepseni-vysledku--1161366

"Old habits die hard" that's how i would sum up her interview, so this mean we have to buckle up for more fuckery?:sobbing:

Good thing she plays today cause this time it's much warmer(around 30 degrees) i.e courts would be little faster, if she would've played yesterday when courts were slower than clay because of unusual low temperature around 15 degrees, we would have witness horror show and double bagel from Fran:lol:

Excelscior
Jan 14th, 2013, 08:47 PM
"Old habits die hard" that's how i would sum up her interview, so this mean we have to buckle up for more fuckery?:sobbing:

Good thing she plays today cause this time it's much warmer(around 30 degrees) i.e courts would be little faster, if she would've played yesterday when courts were slower than clay because of unusual low temperature around 15 degrees, we would have witness horror show and double bagel from Fran:lol:

What "Old Habits Die Hard" Shifty?

I can't believe [I said that], and I'm afraid to ask? :lol:

What is she talking about (her exercises or her strokes)?

By the way, I have my own ideas on how Petra ended the season, and how she prepared for 2013, but I've been keeping it to myself. :lol: :tape: :lol:

SMH

ShiftyFella
Jan 14th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Note: Didn't read the article yet.

I don't know if this is true or another excuse (remember the asthma from Brisbane, and "I don't knows" coming from Petra in Sydney), but if so, sorry, I can't say I'm surprised. :eek:

What a clusterfuck Petra and her team are, continue to be. :help:

I'll just leave it at that.

Hopefully, she hit enough with different people (though she still needs a male hitting partner--as TennisAddict84 recently reiterated) at the Open, to where she can make some noise and immediate impact here. I hope she can/does!

PS: I just realized what you just said about Schiavone. Nah, I think Petra will beat her. Mind you, I didn't read the article, but I hope Petra didn't say the bad swing continues? :lol: :eek: :lol:

I figured she was just talking about past tournaments (excuses, excuses).
Nah, it's actually normal for athlete to sometimes suck while adjusting to new training\game, in her interview Petra said that new training gives here more ability fitness wise and skill wise this means better results in tennis, also improving mentally but she still tend to fall to old habits which mess up whole thing. I think she just needs to play bunch of matches to get used to new rhythm, practice can't solve this, only real competition because people under pressure tend to forget their training

Excelscior
Jan 14th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Nah, it's actually normal for athlete to sometimes suck while adjusting to new training\game, in her interview Petra said that new training gives here more ability fitness wise and skill wise this means better results in tennis, also improving mentally but she still tend to fall to old habits which mess up whole thing. I think she just needs to play bunch of matches to get used to new rhythm, practice can't solve this, only real competition because people under pressure tend to forget their training

Maybe Shifty.

However, I feel this is all result (if you actually believe Petra, remember she has many excuses) of Petra playing Fed Cup.

Since Petra was sick, she should have taken those full 2-3 weeks after Istanbul to heal and feel better. So that way, she wouldn't have to recover after Fed Cup. I think this set her back, possibly 1-3 wks (coming back early to practice/play Fed Cup, the week she played, and the extra week to recuperate, after she played).

Remember, Petra wasn't even healthy when she was practicing for Fed Cup.

And if Petra knew she was getting a new fitness person, she could have used that extra 1-3 weeks for 2013 preparation. As it is, it appears that Petra didn't have enough time, for her usual end of season training (fitness and tennis), and I think that's one of the reasons why she's suffering now; or did the past few weeks. You can even say the same for Extraliga (another week).

When you only have a little more than a month before the new season, an extra 1-3 weeks preparation really makes a difference.

ShiftyFella
Jan 14th, 2013, 09:01 PM
What "Old Habits Die Hard" Shifty?

I can't believe [I said that], and I'm afraid to ask? :lol:

What is she talking about (her exercises or her strokes)?

By the way, I have my own ideas on how Petra ended the season, and how she prepared for 2013, but I've been keeping it to myself. :lol: :tape: :lol:

SMH
New fitness coach has some body training program that directly linked to the way she plays tennis or somethings, i don't know how to explain this in "tennis terms" but if you follow football this means she working on her "perfect throwing motion and right footwork like QBs do" but because she wasn't battle tested yet, she's still not comfortable or familiar enough with new technique and tends to mix it with "the old way" this messes whole thing. Petra admitted that she just needs to play more even if it's badly to become fully comfortable with new things and improved result will come soon enough

netphobia
Jan 14th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Well, going by this timeline, perhaps she'll lose 1R at the French Open, then peak at Wimbledon and begin dominating everything in heretofore unheard of, superior-to-2011, Serena-GOAT fashion. :lol:

Excelscior
Jan 14th, 2013, 09:07 PM
New fitness coach has some body training program that directly linked to the way she plays tennis or somethings, i don't know how to explain this in "tennis terms" but if you follow football this means she working on her "perfect throwing motion and right footwork like QBs do" but because she wasn't battle tested yet, she's still not comfortable or familiar enough with new technique and tends to mix it with "the old way" this messes whole thing. Petra admitted that she just needs to play more even if it's badly to become fully comfortable with new things and improved result will come soon enough

I had wrote you earlier. You can check that.

Are you saying, that her new "fitness instructor" changed Petra's swing (yikes)? :eek:

Or are you saying, that she's changed her motion, cause her body is (hopefully temporarily) hurting?

As I said earlier, if this is true, the reason why it's happening: Because Petra and her team didn't give her enough time rest and prepare for the new season (Playing Fed Cup and Extraliga). I understand, what you're saying, but this shouldn't be happening, if they knew what they were doing.

It almost seemed like the new upcoming season (and fitness coach), was an after thought.

You ever heard Petra complain the last two year, about her swing, due to her work outs?

SMH

ShiftyFella
Jan 14th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Maybe Shifty.

However, I feel this is all result (if you actually believe Petra, remember she has many excuses) of Petra playing Fed Cup.

Since Petra was sick, she should have taken those full 2-3 weeks after Istanbul to heal and feel better. So that way, she wouldn't have to recover after Fed Cup. I think this set her back, possibly 1-3 wks (coming back early to practice/play Fed Cup, the week she played, and the extra week to recuperate, after she played).

Remember, Petra wasn't even healthy when she was practicing for Fed Cup.

And if Petra knew she was getting a new fitness person, she could have used that extra 1-3 weeks for 2013 preparation. As it is, it appears that Petra didn't have enough time, for her usual end of season training (fitness and tennis), and I think that's one of the reasons why she's suffering now; or did the past few weeks. You can even say the same for Extraliga (another week).

When you only have a little more than a month before the new season, an extra 1-3 weeks preparation really makes a difference.
funny, how you didn't mention extraliga cause she returned early from her vacation to start training:haha:

Also, Petra said that because she was healthy, she had productive training with enough reps before start of season, our girl is lazy:lol:

upd

I had wrote you earlier. You can check that.

Are you saying, that her new "fitness instructor" changed Petra's swing (yikes)? :eek:

Or are you saying, that she's changed her motion, cause her body is (hopefully temporarily) hurting?

As I said earlier, if this is true, the reason why it's happening: Because Petra and her team didn't give her enough time rest and prepare for the new season (Playing Fed Cup and Extraliga). I understand, what you're saying, but this shouldn't be happening, if they knew what they were doing.

It almost seemed like the new upcoming season (and fitness coach), was an after thought.

You ever heard Petra complain the last two year, about her swing, due to her work outs?
dunno, she's vague about it.

Excelscior
Jan 14th, 2013, 09:12 PM
funny, how you didn't mention extraliga cause she returned early from her vacation to start training:haha:

Also, Petra said that because she was healthy, she had productive training with enough reps before start of season, our girl is lazy:lol:

upd

I did, read it again. But if it was clearer in my mind, you damn right I would have written more about it. :lol:

Excelscior
Jan 14th, 2013, 09:14 PM

upd

What a clusterfuck!!!!!!!!

That beautiful swing should never be changed, for any reason.

SMH!!!!!!!!!!! Nonetheless, I doubt he did it. At least I hope not. :oh:

If GM only knew the stuff Petra and her team says and does (or if we kept them up to date). :eek: :lol: :eek:

netphobia
Jan 14th, 2013, 09:14 PM
:shrug: The only thing I can think of would be that if you've become stronger during the offseason due to a particular training regime, perhaps it's difficult to adjust your timing and swing speed based on the fact that it doesn't take as much effort to generate power.

Or, you know, she wasn't able to get in a solid (regular) offseason fitness thing because of the exo, Fed Cup and the Czech extraliga and everything's all screwy now.

Excelscior
Jan 14th, 2013, 09:18 PM
:shrug: The only thing I can think of would be that if you've become stronger during the offseason due to a particular training regime, perhaps it's difficult to adjust your timing and swing speed based on the fact that it doesn't take as much effort to generate power.

Or, you know, she wasn't able to get in a solid (regular) offseason fitness thing because of the exo, Fed Cup and the Czech extraliga and everything's all screwy now.

I think its' this!!!!!!!

Cause the weight training (even high rep, low weight), I think would more create the situation you described.

Nonetheless, like you, I think it's the result of lack of preparation time due to the Exo (which I forgot), Fed Cup, Czech Extraliga (which I almost forgot), and all that other BS she shouldn't have participated in.

And remember, this woman was sick, and should have been recovering, so she would have had full time to recuperate, and prepare for the new season.

Anyway, hopefully she wins tonight. Because if she doesn't; this thing is gonna really blow up!!! :scared: :eek: :scared: Once again: What a Clusterfuck (her team)!!

netphobia
Jan 14th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Yes. You know, now that I think about it, I would much prefer to deal with some version of Petra who's like oh no, I'm actually getting too much power from all this training I've been doing!! vs. "played 400 random tournaments that did nothing whilst recovering from bronchitis and also during offseason". Sigh. :help:

If she loses, I will officially descend into the realm of delusion/denial, and expect a second Wimbledon, followed by a U.S. Open later this year. :sobbing:

netphobia
Jan 14th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Oh, also, I found this when I was looking up H2Hs. (I wanted to see how many sets Wimbledon took, couldn't remember...)

Starting 08/28/2012, here is a graph of Petra's performance vs. Fran's. :hysteric:

http://oi49.tinypic.com/10zu7ok.jpg

Petronius
Jan 14th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Extraliga is not an issue IMO. Radwanska played it for the very first time in December 2012 (four matches) and lo and behold - she has just bagged Auckland and Sydney titles in a row. Kookie Zakopalova played it too and reached the Shenzen final where she almost beat Li Na. She also just demolished Scheepers in R1.

Yes, in the ideal, 'grandslam-only' world Petra would end her season right after YEC, take a long holiday and start preparing for the Aussie swing, while turning her back on the national team just like Djokovic or Federer did. But this hasn't happened yet. Fed Cup is still very important for her.

Excelscior
Jan 14th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Yes. You know, now that I think about it, I would much prefer to deal with some version of Petra who's like oh no, I'm actually getting too much power from all this training I've been doing!! vs. "played 400 random tournaments that did nothing whilst recovering from bronchitis and also during offseason". Sigh. :help:

If she loses, I will officially descend into the realm of delusion/denial, and expect a second Wimbledon, followed by a U.S. Open later this year. :sobbing:

Yeah, if Petra didn't play Fed Cup, Extraliga and that Exo, she'd have more time to recuperate from her bronchitis and practice/prepare and exercise (properly) for the new season.

To me, it just seems like a clear case (if you can believe Petra), of not enough recuperation time, before, or while, she picked up a racket.

As far as Petra telling her (ahem) peoples, "NO" to Extraliga, Fed Cup and her Exo?????....I think you know the answer to that one at the moment. :eek: :oh: :eek:

And I'll just leave it at that. :help:

Excelscior
Jan 14th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Extraliga is not an issue IMO. Radwanska played it for the very first time in December 2012 (four matches) and lo and behold - she has just bagged Auckland and Sydney titles in a row. Kookie Zakopalova played it too and reached the Shenzen final where she almost beat Li Na. She also just demolished Scheepers in R1.

Yes, in the ideal, 'grandslam-only' world Petra would end her season right after YEC, take a long holiday and start preparing for the Aussie swing, while turning her back on the national team just like Djokovic or Federer did. But this hasn't happened yet. Fed Cup is still very important for her.

Sorry Petronius.

You had to read what we said.

Petra was sick (and needed a full recovery). Aga wasn't/didn't.

Plus, Petra played an Exo and Fed Cup. Aga didn't.

Plus, Petra had a new fitness guy. Aga didn't. Petra needed that added time to acclimate herself to that/him.

Etc., etc., etc. You get the picture. It's not the same.

I appreciate your loyalty and Patriotism (mind you I've defended Petra today several times as well). But Petra and her team really appear to have their Top individual Tennis players goals for her, all screwed up.

Sorry. :shrug:

netphobia
Jan 14th, 2013, 09:36 PM

Yeah, but Petra played it, too, and she's played a grand total of three matches (two of which she's lost). I didn't really care when she lost to Pavs because Nastia was in good form, reached the final, and at least lost to everyone's Player of the Moment. But then she lost to Domi. Who got to the final and lost...0 and 0. :help:

I don't think you could pin all the blame for that debacle on one or two extra tournaments/exos/team & group things that Petra did over the offseason – but I can't help but think that better scheduling (forgoing either the exhibition, Fed Cup or the extraliga) and more time to establish and get used to a training schedule could've prevented Petra having to get used to playing tennis again while the other two girls you mentioned seem to be doing quite well.

Just my opinion, of course. :)

Excelscior
Jan 14th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Yeah, but Petra played it, too, and she's played a grand total of three matches (two of which she's lost). I didn't really care when she lost to Pavs because Nastia was in good form, reached the final, and at least lost to everyone's Player of the Moment. But then she lost to Domi. Who got to the final and lost...0 and 0. :help:

I don't think you could pin all the blame for that debacle on one or two extra tournaments/exos/team & group things that Petra did over the offseason – but I can't help but think that better scheduling (forgoing either the exhibition, Fed Cup or the extraliga) and more time to establish and get used to a training schedule could've prevented Petra having to get used to playing tennis again while the other two girls you mentioned seem to be doing quite well.

Agreed.

When you only have an extra 3-6 wks at the end of the season, 1-3 weeks of preparation or rest time makes a BIG DIFFERENCE.

Petronius
Jan 14th, 2013, 09:46 PM

I think we are overanalyzing a bit. That Sharpie exho had been scheduled looooong in advance and she didn't want to disappoint those 10,000 paying compatriots. It's possible that Maria will never come to Prague again. It would have been sad to miss this event and the chance to kiss a famous icehockey player.
Same for FedCup. She'd been looking forward to the final since April and her large family had bought 100+ tickets, expecting her to be the main star of the event. Unmissable!

ShiftyFella
Jan 14th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Sorry Petronius.

You had to read what we said.

Petra was sick (and needed a full recovery). Aga wasn't/didn't.

Plus, Petra played an Exo and Fed Cup. Aga didn't.

Plus, Petra had a new fitness guy. Aga didn't. Petra needed that added time to acclimate herself to that/him.

Etc., etc., etc. You get the picture. It's not the same.

I appreciate your loyalty and Patriotism (mind you I've defended Petra today several times as well). But Petra and her team really appear to have their Top individual Tennis players goals for her, all screwed up.

Aga was injured and played half of the season with an injury producing decent results and even playing some 3 hour+ thrillers at YEC. She too needed recovery

Exho was a joke and Petra was most of the time standing still, i bet she wasted more energy with her bf after it:oh:

She rested before FC till last day where she had some warm ups before FC, also she produced some GOAT tennis vs Empress. not an issue if look into this, cause it gave her confidence boost after not so impressive Asian swing and year in general.

Extraliga was great warm up before start of the season shaking off some rust or to see where you are but Petra wasn't even playing at 50%, so this time it's ok. I had an issue with it because she pushed herself too far last time.

With the way our girl plays, she needs to be in those tournaments to keep her in game form cause she's lazy and wouldn't even put close amount of effort during practice.

Excelscior
Jan 14th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Aga was injured and played half of the season with an injury producing decent results and even playing some 3 hour+ thrillers at YEC. She too needed recovery

Exho was a joke and Petra was most of the time standing still, i bet she wasted more energy with her bf after it:oh:

She rested before FC till last day where she had some warm ups before FC, also she produced some GOAT tennis vs Empress. not an issue if look into this, cause it gave her confidence boost after not so impressive Asian swing and year in general.

Extraliga was great warm up before start of the season shaking off some rust or to see where you are but Petra wasn't even playing at 50%, so this time it's ok. I had an issue with it because she pushed herself too far last time.

With the way our girl plays, she needs to be in those tournaments to keep her in game form cause she's lazy and wouldn't even put close amount of effort during practice.

I love it when you're funny and honest Shifty ('Petra's lazy', 'more energy expended with her boyfriend', 'bad practice player'). Tell us how you really feel? :lol:

I hear ya Shifty. However, the problem with playing those matches, is that Petra's now complaining about pain as a result of her fitness training. :eek:

She should have taken that extra playing time (Exo, Fed Cup, Extraliga), and used it for rest and/or training time. That's the problem. :oh:

ShiftyFella
Jan 14th, 2013, 10:33 PM
I hear ya. However, the problem with playing those matches, is that Petra's now complaining about pain as a result of her training. :eek:

that's how rumors star to fly around:lol: Petra didn't talk about pain or being fatigue, she talks vague things about her technique(serving motion, footwork etc).
FC\Exho\Extraliga etc. are not the issue, it's her ability to wilt is:o

Petronius
Jan 14th, 2013, 10:55 PM

As for patriotism. This is what happens if someone is from a small country (like Petra). Could you imagine the level of patriotism if the US split into 50 states and everyone in the former US suddenly cheered for their separate little country? The Fed Cup semis could be Connecticut vs. Italy and Czech Rep. vs. Florida :lol:

Excelscior
Jan 14th, 2013, 11:29 PM
that's how rumors star to fly around:lol: Petra didn't talk about pain or being fatigue, she talks vague things about her technique(serving motion, footwork etc).
FC\Exho\Extraliga etc. are not the issue, it's her ability to wilt is:o

Oh yeah (Whether it's pain, range of motion, muscle memory, who the hell cares, its' Petra). :lol:

I tell ya, this thing is just weird (but not highly shocking).

Excelscior
Jan 14th, 2013, 11:31 PM
As for patriotism. This is what happens if someone is from a small country (like Petra). Could you imagine the level of patriotism if the US split into 50 states and everyone in the former US suddenly cheered for their separate little country? The Fed Cup semis could be Connecticut vs. Italy and Czech Rep. vs. Florida :lol:

I here ya/it Petronius. And I think that's both wonderful and commendable.

However (as you know), to be a top tennis player, sometimes/many, most times, you need to be a little selfish as well. :shrug:

PetraReeMona
Jan 18th, 2013, 02:37 AM
Any comments from Petra apart from that Tweet?

Raiden
Jan 18th, 2013, 09:21 AM
I think we are overanalyzing a bit...Psssst - we've been doing that for a long time now :lol:

Petra's only problem is fitness and training. I think she's slower - she sorta looks like she has lost the spring in her step that she used to have. She's too much in reaction mode now.

Maybe this is all due to all the new duties that has to do since after winning wimbledon (all the sponsorship and PR stuff that she has go to and conduct - all the lessons that she has to undergo with or without Katie Spellman - all those things might be interfering with her old routine.

So maybe she needs to forget the fame and fortune - forget about speaking smooth English and what-not and go back to basics: re-prioritize tennis - put 100% focus back on what she used to do. Pick up her old daily routine.

ArcticMoose
Jan 18th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Any comments from Petra apart from that Tweet?
Source BBC Coverage of Robson Match : " I don't think that I ever had a worse serve than today," said Kvitova.
The Czech added: "I think that she surprised me with the serve. She's lefty, it's dangerous and I had some trouble with it. She's trying to play very fast and her forehand is good.
"She had a serve for the match and she didn't make it, but she had a second chance and she did it. She did pretty well."

steni
Jan 18th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Somebody knows if Petra is gonna request a WC to play in Paris??

ShiftyFella
Jan 18th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Somebody knows if Petra is gonna request a WC to play in Paris??
Yes she will, it's all in Melbourne thread discussed;)

steni
Jan 18th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Yes she will, it's all in Melbourne thread discussed;)

Should open a new thread and move on with Melbourne!

paulmara
Jan 22nd, 2013, 12:06 PM
Petra Kvitova ‏@Petra_Kvitova
Thanks to @opengdfsuez for the wild card! Happy to be returning to Paris and hope for some good matches. I have nice memories from 2011 :)

Petronius
Jan 22nd, 2013, 12:22 PM
Thanks to @opengdfsuez for the wild card! Happy to be returning to Paris and hope for some good matches. I have nice memories from 2011 :)

:yeah:

TimeyWimey
Jan 22nd, 2013, 12:44 PM

she saved a match point to win the second round there 2011, the last time she was able to do so

Excelscior
Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:21 PM
Good Luck Petra!!

lupojohn
Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:50 PM
Not sure if this is a good move. She could use some down time and not focus on tennis. However, you could also say the best remedy for the rut she's in is to get out there and play, especially in a tournament she won. Good luck, Petra.

18majors
Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:48 PM
Come on, Petra, be yourself and beat up the whole field!

Excelscior
Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:52 PM
Not sure if this is a good move. She could use some down time and not focus on tennis. However, you could also say the best remedy for the rut she's in is to get out there and play, especially in a tournament she won. Good luck, Petra.

Remember, Petra's team doesn't really have a plan or appear to know what it's doing.

It's really contingent on Petra to find her game again. So from that perspective, it makes sense, hoping to catch Lightening In A Bottle at Paris Indoors again. :lol:

Until it changes: That's the Petra team way (wait for Petra).

Rex59
Jan 22nd, 2013, 03:15 PM
Nice field for Paris, won't be easy:

http://www.opengdfsuez.com/index_en.html#/players/players-singles

lupojohn
Jan 22nd, 2013, 03:19 PM
Remember, Petra's team doesn't really have a plan or appear to know what it's doing.

It's really contingent on Petra to find her game again. So from that perspective, it makes sense, hoping to catch Lightening In A Bottle at Paris Indoors again. :lol:

Until it changes: That's the Petra team way (wait for Petra).

Well, if that's the case, maybe Petra should make changes to her team because that is not a long-term answer.

GoofyDuck
Jan 22nd, 2013, 03:27 PM
she saved a match point to win the second round there 2011, the last time she was able to do so

I remember watching the match against BZS live, amazing match. I also remember petra hit herself in the face in that tournament :lol:

And ofcourse she slayed Clijsters :drool:

netphobia
Jan 22nd, 2013, 03:33 PM
I remember watching the match against BZS live, amazing match. I also remember petra hit herself in the face in that tournament :lol:

:hysteric:

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt151/ilikekawaiicupcakes/Kvitova_zps5de879a9.gif

Excelscior
Jan 22nd, 2013, 04:25 PM
Well, if that's the case, maybe Petra should make changes to her team because that is not a long-term answer.

We would only hope Lupo.

Cause the way Petra's going now, she'll always be inconsistent, until the few stretches she'll find her game and confidence, then play well.

Nonetheless, it will be boom and bust until Petra opens her eyes and/or finds better team members. Cause currently, she's drastically worse than she's been to start the season--the past three years. Not even close!

Petra's going backwards and that's troubling. And it's not like she can't play better. She can. It's just that her level of dedication, confidence and execution, will not allow her to place consistently high results, even compared to the first 3/4 of her 2012.

As you indicated: It's up to her (but easier said than done, unfortunately in her case)!!!!!

bruce goose
Jan 22nd, 2013, 04:32 PM
Remember, Petra's team doesn't really have a plan or appear to know what it's doing.You just reminded me of a day when some of us guys were ready to shower in the gym after a strenuous P.E. class.At the moment,there wasn't any hot water so one guy--who was apparently oblivious to the whole concept of boilers heating up water--turned the cold water tap open all the way...thinking that he could make the cold water 'run out',at which point the shower water would magically become hot......I'd like to think that Petra's team was slightly more in touch with reality than THAT fellow was:lol:(I've seen a couple other dudes who were similarly befuddled,btw)

paulmara
Jan 22nd, 2013, 05:18 PM
Should open a new thread and move on with Melbourne!

Who is a Volunteer?

Excelscior
Jan 22nd, 2013, 05:28 PM
Who is a Volunteer?

I Think Artic Moose, already did and it's quite entertaining. :lol:

bruce goose
Jan 22nd, 2013, 05:30 PM
Who is a Volunteer?
"Petra Bids Adieu to Koalas,Hopes for Winning Deja Vu in Paris".......

Not as good as some of YOUR best work,but it gets the point across,maybe;)

EDIT: Just saw the new thread and it's a decent name,but I'm not sure what 'mud digging' is supposed to mean.It's probably some Norwegian metaphor for getting stoned(lol)

ShiftyFella
Jan 22nd, 2013, 08:03 PM
Nice field for Paris, won't be easy:

http://www.opengdfsuez.com/index_en.html#/players/players-singles
Nice field but no one there can beat KvittyGoat, on the other hand, Petra can struggle with fellow Czechs, my idoor GOAT Sofia can be tricky. Pavs, Marion or Mona can outplay her as well. Once again from one standpoint it should be cakewalk but alot of tricky matchups where she can flop to anyone

paulmara
Jan 23rd, 2013, 12:22 PM
Navrátilová wants to meet Petra

http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/tenis-australian-open/136909/navratilova-chce-probrat-kvitovou-prislo-mi-ze-se-na-kurtu-stydi.html

Excelscior
Jan 23rd, 2013, 01:57 PM

http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/tenis-australian-open/136909/navratilova-chce-probrat-kvitovou-prislo-mi-ze-se-na-kurtu-stydi.html

Somebody please translate.

I got the gist of it: Martina and Petra tweet. However, Martina wants to meet and talk to Petra--in person soon! Tweeting is not enough at the moment.... Martina feels Petra needs to get faster and was faster 2 yrs ago; feels her tennis needs to be more consistent; feels her mentality is not good...She feels Petra can correct these things.... And she cried when Petra started to fall apart--later in the third set vs the young Robson.

I guess, I hope, this is the much anticipated and speculated Martina-Petra 'Heart To Heart/intervention, finally? :eek: :clap2: :eek:

To be honest, I/we don't know!! I'm just scraping on to any glimmer of hope. :lol: :confused: :lol:

We only hope, cross our fingers--that they even meet, knowing Petra and her team. :oh:

Nonetheless, much of the article appears garbled (unless that's the best Google could do this time). I'm curious to know what the rest of it says. It also appears this is the intro of an upcoming longer interview, right guys?

I really hope these two meet and Martina convinces her to blow up her staff or at least to look inward. I'm sure she knows Petra's/their work habits are quite poor, or at least not very effective for a potential great Champion like Petra--week in week out, especially playing against today's hot players. There's no excuse for it. And Martina knows it!

I really hope she reaches Petra (mentally, not just physically/in person) as well. I know Martina feels Petra is practically allowing Majors to slip out of her hands every few months, every year now, and feels Kvitova should be winning some to. Why not!?

Lastly, I hope this is a real attempt to meet with Petra (and not just media hyperbole or another dead end), and both parties--only Petra and Martina will comply. We'll see?

Thanks guys, for any further translations.

bruce goose
Jan 23rd, 2013, 02:00 PM
Martina is a traitor:p for daring to question the CCC or the expert advice that Petra receives

Excelscior
Jan 23rd, 2013, 02:18 PM
Martina is a traitor:p for daring to question the CCC or the expert advice that Petra receives

It's a damn shame Bruce! Here we have an All Time Great, Former Czech, that follows and knows the game--via her Tennis Channel gig, who has to repeatedly, openly and publicly plead or state her case to wanna meet with the slumping Kvitova for some Big Mama Advice over the past year! :fiery:

HCFB (Holy Clusterfuck Batman)!!? :eek:

netphobia
Jan 23rd, 2013, 02:32 PM
Oh, God, I hope they're able to talk. On the phone or in person or SOMeTHING. All I know is Martina provides more insightful commentary in about 5 minutes than Chrissie Evert has for like 5 years :lol:

steni
Jan 23rd, 2013, 02:54 PM

Yes!

bruce goose
Jan 23rd, 2013, 05:27 PM
It's a damn shame Bruce! Here we have an All Time Great, Former Czech, that follows and knows the game--via her Tennis Channel gig, who has to repeatedly, openly and publicly plead or state her case to wanna meet with the slumping Kvitova for some Big Mama Advice over the past year! :fiery:

HCFB (Holy Clusterfuck Batman)!!? :eek:Speaking of abbreviations,you may recall that 'CCCP' was the Russian-language version of 'USSR' back in the days of the Communist Bloc.I just realized that we could replace the 'P' and add another 'C' for 'Cermosek's CZECH Clown College',or 'CCCC'.We could even add a fifth 'C' to form 'Cermosek's CRAZY Czech Clown College'...but then Petronius would go into conniptions:lol:.

Seriously,though,I was more than happy when Flacco proved me wrong in that he was capable of leading a team to a title(doesn't guarantee that they'll win,of course).I'd be equally pleased,and apologetic,if Petra's team surprised me by finding solutions to the current problems

Petronius
Jan 23rd, 2013, 05:31 PM
Full version of the Martina interview should be out tomorrow.

Let's see what she has to say. She definitely has a big mouth. :lol:

paulmara
Jan 23rd, 2013, 06:16 PM
Somebody please translate.

(audio) Martina „I must go to her, she will not ask. Perhaps I will find her somewhere. I would like to help her.“

http://www.rozhlas.cz/zpravy/tenis/_zprava/tenisovou-legendu-navratilovou-trapi-vysledky-kvitove--1165555

bruce goose
Jan 23rd, 2013, 06:44 PM
Full version of the Martina interview should be out tomorrow.

Let's see what she has to say. She definitely has a big mouth. :lol:Forgot all about that other thread you created cuz there haven't been any posts there since last November.Will reserve my stronger comments for that thread from here on out:hatoff:

GoofyDuck
Jan 23rd, 2013, 07:28 PM
I am waiting for : BOMBSHELL, Martina Navratilova becomes new coach of Kvitova.. :p

Excelscior
Jan 23rd, 2013, 08:45 PM
(audio) Martina „I must go to her, she will not ask. Perhaps I will find her somewhere. I would like to help her.“

http://www.rozhlas.cz/zpravy/tenis/_zprava/tenisovou-legendu-navratilovou-trapi-vysledky-kvitove--1165555

Good Jesus, it is an intervention attempt. Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck Martinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

:yeah: :cheer: :yeah:

Glad she sees/knows what we see, and has finally had enough! :yeah:

She's already expressed this several times already on the air (Tennis Channel) and to the media about Petra's lack of preparation.

SMH

steni
Jan 23rd, 2013, 09:03 PM
Good Jesus, it is an intervention attempt. Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck Martinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

:yeah: :cheer: :yeah:

Glad she sees/knows what we see, and has finally had enough! :yeah:

She's already expressed this several times already on the air (Tennis Channel) and to the media about Petra's lack of preparation.

SMH

Im wondering if there is something else behind Martina's desire to help Petra. I meant they just met in 2011 and they barely talk, dont get me wrong I'd love to see Petra and Martina working together but its weird to me that someone like Martina want to help Petra, I dont know if she has done this before with other players...

Excelscior
Jan 23rd, 2013, 09:25 PM
Im wondering if there is something else behind Martina's desire to help Petra. I meant they just met in 2011 and they barely talk, dont get me wrong I'd love to see Petra and Martina working together but its weird to me that someone like Martina want to help Petra, I dont know if she has done this before with other players...

1) Because Martina has already called Petra 'the most talented player on the tour', outside maybe Serena.

And she's definitely said she was more talented than Azarenka and Sharapova. Plus, I think Martina expects a lot from her!

2) Petra's Czech (Duh)! :oh:

3) Petra has not played--even consistent top 20-30 level tennis the past 4 months. And her preparation sucks! She see/knows somethings wrong, obviously.

4) Maybe she sees Petra's not happy and enjoying Tennis anymore? :sad:

5) Maybe she's sees a little bit of herself in Petra, due to some of their similarities, career marks/style and story. That's just a few.

And why else do you feel Martina would want to help her, besides what I wrote? :lol:

Unfortunately, I don't think Martina can really help Petra, if she doesn't want the help herself. Maybe this is a Grand Stand move for Martina to publicly, politely place pressure on Petra or her Team and Management? :oh:

Remember, when Martina and Pavel Slozil weren't initially invited to the Fed Cup, due to some disagreements with the Tennis Big Wigs over there??

Maybe there's a silent battle going on now over Petra??? :shrug:

Just listen to Martina, 'she won't contact me, so I have to see her'. :eek:

I think she's Fed Up. :fiery:

That's good. Cause I would have thought she may have gave up by now. :shrug:

lupojohn
Jan 23rd, 2013, 10:17 PM
I dont know if she has done this before with other players...

She worked with Sveta when she won the Open. They even played doubles.

Excelscior
Jan 23rd, 2013, 10:19 PM
She worked with Sveta when she won the Open. They even played doubles.

You see, Another VERY Talented player.

Makes sense. :shrug:

Duh (not to you Lupo)!! :oh:

Petronius
Jan 24th, 2013, 01:50 PM
I bought today's paper with the Martina interview and there's basically nothing in addition to what has been already posted, just some speculations on how would Martina fare against Serena and that she wants to climb Kilimanjaro again. :lol:

Petronius
Jan 24th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Martina Hingis briefly comments on Petra's current situation:

http://sport.idnes.cz/byvala-tenistka-hingisova-mluvi-o-kvitove-fjz-/tenis.aspx?c=A130124_093349_tenis_ma

Acc. to Hingis, both Martinas are rooting for Petra :awww:

Deestruction
Jan 24th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Thats very nice. Well im still rooting for Petra, even though the girl can drive me nuts. But im still a fan of her.

Excelscior
Jan 24th, 2013, 03:41 PM
I'm still trying to figure out, how less weights make you more sore and/or throw off your shots and motion?

Something doesn't add up (besides the fact that Petra didn't have enough rest and preparation time, ending the past season and leading up to the current one). :eek: :oh: :eek: