PDA

View Full Version : Which of these matches would surprise us?

Buitenzorg
Nov 5th, 2002, 05:11 AM
Cast your vote please :D

Nov 5th, 2002, 05:27 AM
Looks like everyone is expecting Patty to beat Venus

vs1
Nov 5th, 2002, 05:41 AM
No, I'm expecting Venus to beat Patty. But if Anna were to beat Serena, then I'd be REALLY, REALLY surprised!

Nov 5th, 2002, 05:47 AM
Good point. We need a poll that lets us number the choices in order of their surprise element

Hardiansf
Nov 5th, 2002, 05:53 AM
I really wat to see Farina Elia will give us a surprise. She is so underrated. And look who she will face in the 1st round? Cappy! Ha!

vs1
Nov 5th, 2002, 05:58 AM
Yeah Hardian. I do have a soft spot for Silvia and it would be so nice to see her win a round at the championships. It's like, "Everyone else has beat Jenn this fall! Why can't I?!" Who knows, maybe Silvia will surprise us!

Gowza
Nov 5th, 2002, 06:06 AM
i think the most surprising would be smashnova beating serena.

the others are more likely to happen. i.e schnyder is in good form and the last time we saw venus she didn't play great. but i still expect venus to win.

farina elia beating capriati may happen b/c jen had such a bad indoor season and may not feel confident but she did get a win in her last tounie. i expect capriati to win.

dementieva beating henin is probably the least surprising in terms of form, recent results and the level of play that both can reach. dementieva has has some good form this inidoor season but has run into trouble early in each tournie. henin has also played ok this indoor season. if dementieva contiues the good form i expect her to henin otherwise it is henin's match.

spyro
Nov 5th, 2002, 08:46 AM
Farina Elia beat Capriati :)

Crazy Canuck
Nov 5th, 2002, 08:51 AM
If Anna beats Serena, I will feast on my sweater while marvelling at the pigs flying by my window.

vs1
Nov 5th, 2002, 04:44 PM
Hey Rebecca, that's really funny!

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 5th, 2002, 06:16 PM
they would all surprise me...but i voted anna over serena...if that happened...:eek::eek::eek::eek:

niratti
Nov 5th, 2002, 07:51 PM
the most surprised match must be Anna beat Serena!!

ghosts
Nov 5th, 2002, 08:47 PM
anna d. serena & silvia def. jenny - most impossible !

earthcrystal
Nov 5th, 2002, 08:55 PM
Sorry, but this is a no brainer. If Anna were to beat Serena it would stun the entire tennis community. (And poor Rebecca would be locked up in a mental institution!)

None of the other upsets would be that outrageously surprising, they're all considered at least possible (tho' of course, improbable).

Crazy Canuck
Nov 5th, 2002, 10:20 PM
earthcrystal - that is of course, assuming that I'm not already ;)

Venus Forever
Nov 5th, 2002, 10:47 PM
If Serena lost, that would TOTALLY SURPRISE me.

Mr. Man
Nov 5th, 2002, 11:19 PM
It is very doubtfull Anna can beat Serena :)

Curtis F
Nov 5th, 2002, 11:37 PM
I chose Patty beating Venus because Patty has the loopy off speed game that can cause Venus fits.

Curtis F
Nov 5th, 2002, 11:52 PM
Forget my last post. The most surprising would be Anna Smashnova def. Serena. It would be quite a shock!

Harju.
Nov 6th, 2002, 01:44 AM
If Serena lost, I'll be walking around naked.. oops.. I mean surprised

spyro
Nov 6th, 2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by b3acH 6uy
If Serena lost, I'll be walking around naked.. oops.. I mean surprised

lol :wavey: