PDA

View Full Version : Championships : weird schedule

Sharapower
Nov 5th, 2002, 04:57 AM
Why the hell did they schedule the finals on Monday 11th :mad: ??
That's a very strange decision for such an event...

treufreund
Nov 5th, 2002, 05:01 AM
Prime time Monday night TV in the USA. The ladies are live in prime time yet again. :cool:

Sharapower
Nov 5th, 2002, 05:04 AM
But why not Sunday ??

Crazy Canuck
Nov 5th, 2002, 08:46 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but Americans don't actually give hockey that much time compared to the other big three.

SO leave hockey alone, blame it on the three LAME sports :D

gentenaire
Nov 5th, 2002, 08:48 AM
We get a free day for Armistice anyway so that Monday is like a Sunday to us.

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 5th, 2002, 09:17 AM
but Tine the final isn't until Tuesday am for us :(
lucky i have Tuesday off ;)

Nov 5th, 2002, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Judio
Because of some meaningless major American Sport on TV
Baseball??
Ice Hockey??
Football??
Basketball??

tennis comes low on the Priority after these four

Here it's all:
AFL
Rugby
Cricket
golf
Horse racing
Car racing

tennis

Sharapower
Nov 5th, 2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by TheBoiledEgg
but Tine the final isn't until Tuesday am for us :(
lucky i have Tuesday off ;) I won't have tuesday off :fiery: !!!!!!!!

Nov 5th, 2002, 10:31 AM
YAY!!!!! I have Tuesday off!!!!!!!!!!!....now I just need to find someone with Foxtel

Philip
Nov 5th, 2002, 12:40 PM
I have tuesday off too :D but i seriously doubt i'll be watching if it is the final i think it is going to be :rolleyes:

slydevil6142
Nov 5th, 2002, 12:47 PM
Well noone is going to firce you to watch that final... and besides its the ppl like you that complain about it and say what your not going to do and end up doing it.. besides im sure these two individuals could care less if you watch of not but i hope it is that final just to irrate ppl like you

Sharapower
Nov 5th, 2002, 12:53 PM
oh my gosh, ANY THREAD is a subject for fight.

Rubylips
Nov 5th, 2002, 12:56 PM
I glad ,it on Monday..May the best woman win.No work or school for me.Veteran day.

Philip
Nov 5th, 2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by slydevil6142
Well noone is going to firce you to watch that final... and besides its the ppl like you that complain about it and say what your not going to do and end up doing it.. besides im sure these two individuals could care less if you watch of not but i hope it is that final just to irrate ppl like you

I wasn't trying to pick a fight buster.
Its people like you that stick their hooter in to irritate people and cause petty arguments, when really it was not their place to say what they think of me or what they think i will end up doing.
Did i personally attack you? No, so please don't start, cause your attitude already annoys me.

And did i say i was forced to watch the final? Nope... so stop jumping to things which are just there for you to make a fight out of.

:(

slydevil6142
Nov 5th, 2002, 01:17 PM
I was starting a fight just stating my opion take it for what it is and dont get so upset im not mad i just hope that my favs dot hey best they can :) no hard feelings wasnt meant to be a personal attack on you i was just generalizing about alot of ppl

King Aaron
Nov 5th, 2002, 01:58 PM
I didn't know!!! :mad: don't matter to me. I have no coverage over here! :sad:

Monica_Rules
Nov 5th, 2002, 03:45 PM
Stupid schedule!

Helen Lawson
Nov 5th, 2002, 03:49 PM
Do you think the Staples Center had scheduling problems and pushed it back?

slydevil6142
Nov 5th, 2002, 04:07 PM
i believe the schedule was centered around the basketball games for the lakers and seeing that basketball here in the us is a more profitable sporting event they may have pushed back the matches for tht reason

venusfan
Nov 5th, 2002, 04:48 PM
The should bring it back to MSG... as the Knicks are garbage and I'm sure Tennis would bring more excitement than the pathetic 0-5 Knicks so-called team.

Philip
Nov 5th, 2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by slydevil6142
I was starting a fight just stating my opion take it for what it is and dont get so upset im not mad i just hope that my favs dot hey best they can :) no hard feelings wasnt meant to be a personal attack on you i was just generalizing about alot of ppl

ok :)

earthcrystal
Nov 5th, 2002, 09:19 PM
I'm just happy to get to see some tennis. Hey they can show it at 3 am on delay for all I care! I have a vcr and the will power to avoid discovering the outcome till I watch the tape. But I don't have to - I have coverage! Yippeeee!

Helen Lawson
Nov 5th, 2002, 10:07 PM
I checked the Staples Center schedule on-line. There was a Kings game Monday night. Nothing was scheduled for today. Maybe it takes 24 hours to turn it from an ice-rink to a tennis facility and therefore the event could not start until tomorrow. But I always thought that those arenas could work at night to have the next event up and running the next morning, who knows.

croat123
Nov 5th, 2002, 10:37 PM
no! i have school on monday (early dismissal tho)
i hope i can see the finals cause i have so much stuff to do
i can't believe we have school on veteran's day

Nov 5th, 2002, 10:44 PM
Shit! I just worked out the time difference and I'll have to get up @ 6:30 tomorrow morning

Ted of Teds Tennis
Nov 6th, 2002, 03:18 AM
Slydevil:

Nobody was commenting on who was going to be in the finals, only that the final is scheduled for Monday evening US time.

Of course, this conflicts with Monday Night Football, one of the highest-rated sports programs on TV here in the states. The final is also at a horrible time for people in Europe.

Of course, the WTA is working under the assumption (or at least they're certainly hoping!) that two of the Americans will be in the final. Even though Rubin is one of my two faves (Dementieva being the other), I'd like to see two Europeans in the final just because it will really piss off the powers that be at the WTA. :D

I also think they ought to do away with the 16-player tour championships and come up with a venue that could host an indoor slam-equivalent event (ie 128-draw over two weeks) at the end of the season.