PDA

View Full Version : What To Make Of People's Obsession With Venus and Serena and McDonalds

anton
Nov 5th, 2002, 03:38 AM
:rolleyes:

Jordan.
Nov 5th, 2002, 03:41 AM
I havent seen the commercial yet.....are they showing it yet?

anton
Nov 5th, 2002, 03:58 AM
no it premeres i think wednesday during Venus' match.
but people are already living and dying by v-s-m.; at leeast on this board.

Jordan.
Nov 5th, 2002, 04:01 AM
cant wait to see it :)

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 5th, 2002, 04:06 AM
What do I make of it? I think that some of the posters on this board have strong political views about McDonalds and would be disappointed with any player who endorsed its products.

I don't really agree with them, but that's how I see them.

Next question?

selesrules
Nov 5th, 2002, 04:13 AM
Venus & Serena should have promoted milk, or orange juice, or spring water, those are type of things athletes should be proud of and that set good examples for our youth. But hey I guess McDonald's has the $$$$ ;) But it's not the end of the world, I mean the whole Canadian Open tournament was sponsored by "Du Maurier" for years and it's cigarettes which is a much worst promotion for tennis & everybody :rolleyes: Speaking of McDonald's, I feel like eating a McExtra right now, see ya :lick: Hope to see Venus & Serena there :kiss: Oh wait, I'm in Canada :rolleyes:

GO MONICA! :angel:

anton
Nov 5th, 2002, 06:33 AM
Well Virginia Slims cigarettes sponsored women's tennis when nobody else would and the WTA Championships used to be called The Virginia Slims Championships up until 6 or 7 years ago.

and selesrules, Monica Seles sponsored "No Excuses" Jeans :rolleyes: and Matrix hair products. I'm sure Monica is using both now. At least Venus and Serena are sponsored by products they actually enjoy.

Nov 5th, 2002, 06:39 AM
Maybe they were the original people offered Lleyton's Sorbent commercial, and they decided that McDonald's would be slightly less embarassing :p

irma
Nov 5th, 2002, 06:40 AM
gorbatsjov made commercials for the pizzahut, as did many other famous stars
oprah worked at a mac donalds restaurant for fun a few hours(saw that on tv last week)

what a crime :rolleyes:

irma
Nov 5th, 2002, 06:42 AM
indeed when serena would clean her butt in a commercial then it would be bad;)

anton
Nov 5th, 2002, 07:02 AM
irma, steffi was sponsored by pasta and water wasnt she? then opel dropped her for hingis during her struggles. i never buy opel!!! :(

irma
Nov 5th, 2002, 07:07 AM
yes, but opel didn't drop steffi for martina though, they dropped her because of her taxproblems
she was also sponsored by fruttis and rexona and so I bought it too and got an awful skinreaction!

adidas dumped steffi because she walked with nikebag, but then she was retired anyway!

BasicTennis
Nov 5th, 2002, 07:14 AM
LOL@irma.:D

Crazy Canuck
Nov 5th, 2002, 07:24 AM
*high five* for the one smiley thread starter.

Those rock, even more than the one smiley posts that people ADD to threads.

anton
Nov 5th, 2002, 07:24 AM
yea but i think the most famous dumping was jennifer capriat when she got caught with pot. all her sponsors released these "we are hoping for the best for jennifer but goodbye" statements. but after a few years she got an endorsements with a beeper company, then a small clothing contract with fila which became a much bigger one.

I would like to see jennifer do a guest spot on The Sopranos as maybe Meadows new friend. They could get into trouble and go on a party spree!! :)

BasicTennis
Nov 5th, 2002, 07:29 AM
Jenny should endorse Nokia....ringtones...ringtones...everywhere.;)

anton
Nov 5th, 2002, 07:33 AM
i think she should endore something Italian since to me she looks more Italian than American. I guess this is why Ferrari and Fila like her so much.

irma
Nov 5th, 2002, 07:40 AM
anton the most famous dump in my opinion is from fila who sued their star because she was suffering from a crime!

anton
Nov 5th, 2002, 07:48 AM
do you mean moncia seles after the stabbing?

(seles fans please dont ambush this with "poor monica, she was stabbed" posts)

One of my favorite funny lines ever ever! was the spokesman for fila who asked about Monica's frequent breaks from tennis:

"what are we supposed to the clothes when she is not playing? use them to wipe off cars with?"

irma
Nov 5th, 2002, 07:52 AM
yeah and I found that cruel!

it was not that it was her own choice to leave!(I am not a monica fan so I can say poor monica right? ;) :p )

BasicTennis
Nov 5th, 2002, 07:56 AM
awww! stupid fila!!!! they're bitch like Jenny.hehehe

anton
Nov 5th, 2002, 09:01 AM
i like ferrari though. jennifer at least was smart to get a free ferrari!!

jay_k
Nov 5th, 2002, 01:24 PM
What To Make Of People's Obsession With Venus and Serena and McDonalds
-----------------------------------------------------------
Just what Jennifer fans Make Of Anton's Obsession With Capriati .

anton
Nov 5th, 2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by jay_k
What To Make Of People's Obsession With Venus and Serena and McDonalds
-----------------------------------------------------------
Just what Jennifer fans Make Of Anton's Obsession With Capriati .

whatever! i'm not dissing jennifer 24-7 and waking up in the middle of the night to be sure that she is put down!!:confused: :rolleyes: