PDA

View Full Version : What was the last movie that made you cry?

renstar
Jul 2nd, 2011, 12:24 PM
For me it was just watching the movie Marley and Me on Tv, cant believe i got sniffly over a stupid dog dying :lol:

McPie
Jul 2nd, 2011, 01:14 PM
I dunno the title of the film, only thing I remember about that film is it's Chinese (maybe, I don't sure, I found it dubbed in THA on TV so no sure), talking experiment of an Alien about how human can love their own child so much even they know their child is different, then at the end of session, the main alien came to take his child back, and that's.........I dunno how I cried, I really wonder.

but if you asked that if I want to watch it again or not, don't sure :lol: but maybe ;)

btw, it's the only film ever that I cried.

Ashi
Jul 2nd, 2011, 01:33 PM
I cry over films all the time. :o
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_83vsOJPrkCY/ShlYpyYkoGI/AAAAAAAAANA/vwjlSgs8u-0/s320/Taare+Zameen+Par+Songs+Download+%5B2007%5D.jpg

I distinctly remember crying while watching 'Taare Zameen Par' i.e' Like stars on Earth'.

This was a film which badly needed to be made especially in the context of differently abled children in my country. This one was a gem. :D

matthias
Jul 2nd, 2011, 09:36 PM
Marley and Me made me cry too, it was promoted as comedy, but for me it was Drama
because i´m a dog-owner too, and i know how horrible it is to loose your beloved dog after many years

UP was another movie i cried, already after 15 minutes as the wife from this older guy died,
UP is such a well-written movie, and for sure not a movie for kids imo

Sean.
Jul 2nd, 2011, 10:11 PM
Harry Potter. :o

When dobby died!

Soliloque
Jul 2nd, 2011, 10:12 PM
Ordinary People. Such a great movie.

Helen Lawson
Jul 2nd, 2011, 10:28 PM
When I go into the gas chamber in I Want To Live!

ce
Jul 2nd, 2011, 11:00 PM
Marley and me made me cry too, its such a hard movie to watch, so so sad :sad:

dybbuk
Jul 2nd, 2011, 11:09 PM
I cried at the end of Lost in Translation just the other day. :sobbing:

Mynarco
Jul 2nd, 2011, 11:32 PM
I cried at the end of Lost in Translation just the other day. :sobbing:

I don't understand this movie when I watched it at 15

Vartan
Jul 2nd, 2011, 11:47 PM
Marley and Me the one and only.

Bijoux0021
Jul 3rd, 2011, 12:27 AM
Marley and Me.

Terms Of Endearment.

The Color Purple.

Kramer vs. Kramer.

Uranus
Jul 3rd, 2011, 01:42 AM
'Big Fish' is my favourite movie and makes me cry from beginning to end.

But I often cry while watching movies anyway.

Annie.
Jul 3rd, 2011, 03:29 AM
The last movie I can remember that made me cry is Imitation of Life. Omg, it was the worst because it was so sudden. Not only that, but it was the kind of crying where you have to catch your breath and snot is running out :o

I also cried during Marley & Me.

And Family Stone gets me every time.

Sam L
Jul 3rd, 2011, 04:40 AM

You mean cries of laughter? :lol:

Lachy
Jul 3rd, 2011, 04:48 AM
Anyone seen The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas? :tears:

Drake1980
Jul 3rd, 2011, 05:30 AM
Super 8

ArturoAce.
Jul 3rd, 2011, 06:09 AM
I'm so pathetic...the last and only movie I've cried in was Big Daddy :o When the little get's taken away. :lol:

PhilePhile
Jul 3rd, 2011, 06:24 AM
FRK_i5UcMmE

Boreas
Jul 3rd, 2011, 06:48 AM
Dancer in the dark, as the only one so far.

I didn't quite understand why someone would cry over a comedy film, but now I see there's Jenifer Aniston in it. Now I got it!:o

ivanban
Jul 3rd, 2011, 10:53 AM

Ughhh, that one was just.....:tears:

spiceboy
Jul 3rd, 2011, 11:53 AM
I cry every time I watch the end of Brazilian movie Central Stattion :sobbing:

Reptilia
Jul 3rd, 2011, 12:46 PM
The Fox and the Hound. :bigcry:

:tape:

Pump-it-UP
Jul 3rd, 2011, 01:34 PM
Toy Story 3. :crying2: Judge me.

Soliloque
Jul 3rd, 2011, 02:17 PM
Toy Story 3. :crying2: Judge me.

I cried during the last 15 minutes so...

doni1212
Jul 3rd, 2011, 03:20 PM
The last movie I can remember that made me cry is Imitation of Life. Omg, it was the worst because it was so sudden. Not only that, but it was the kind of crying where you have to catch your breath and snot is running out :o

I also cried during Marley & Me.

And Family Stone gets me every time.

I watched that movie for the first time earlier this year and that was the first time I was really crying like that over a movie! I've cried a few tears before after movies but nothing like the snot you described and needing tissue after tissue after that movie. I couldn't believe that movie affected me like that! I definitely agree with you there.

Annie.
Jul 3rd, 2011, 03:58 PM
I watched that movie for the first time earlier this year and that was the first time I was really crying like that over a movie! I've cried a few tears before after movies but nothing like the snot you described and needing tissue after tissue after that movie. I couldn't believe that movie affected me like that! I definitely agree with you there.

Girl yes! That funeral scene broke my ass completely down. Mahalia Jackson singing that song. I was fine until that part. I haven't watched it since. :sobbing: Just too sad.

Svetlana)))
Jul 3rd, 2011, 04:28 PM
Super 8

I cried for the $7 I paid for that movie.

This :sad:

matthias
Jul 3rd, 2011, 08:18 PM
the english Patient made me also cry
i cry really often :sad:

Rui.
Jul 3rd, 2011, 08:55 PM
Titanic, when the boat was going down. I was like 5 :haha:

I almost cried during this part of Harry Potter:
RPM4_hgISXg

It's probably the best scene in the 7 movies up until now :tape:

Marcelo.
Jul 3rd, 2011, 10:06 PM
Hachiko :awww: :crying2:

Break My Rapture
Jul 3rd, 2011, 10:59 PM
Never really cried over a movie but the one that brought me closest to shedding a tear is probably The Color Purple.

Noctis
Jul 3rd, 2011, 11:10 PM
whenever my favourite character dies.I don't cry. I get angry.

doni1212
Jul 3rd, 2011, 11:29 PM
Girl yes! That funeral scene broke my ass completely down. Mahalia Jackson singing that song. I was fine until that part. I haven't watched it since. :sobbing: Just too sad.

Yes! That's exactly where it hit me too. Actually, I lied. When Annie was making her last requests on her deathbed, I started tearing up. And when Mahalia Jackson tore up that song, I had chills (and tears) everywhere!

3B36_sybpws

Barrie_Dude
Jul 3rd, 2011, 11:30 PM
Lonesome Dove

renstar
Jul 4th, 2011, 12:17 AM
Oh yeah embarassing to admit but the funeral scene of Steel Magnolias especially when the Sally Fields character (mother) breaks down after the funeral

Mary Cherry.
Jul 4th, 2011, 01:52 AM
I actually can't remember. Usually if I feel the floodgates are about to open I pause the film/programme, recompose myself, and continue.

hectopascal
Jul 4th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Kung Fu Panda.
I was in almost-tears throughout most of the middle of the movie and welled up when Panda's dad revealed the secret ingredient to his soup.

Daruma.
Jul 4th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Schindler's List
Dancer in the Dark

Novichok
Jul 4th, 2011, 11:09 PM
I watched Titanic last night. I always hope for a happy ending even though I know what's going to happen. :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

delicatecutter
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:55 AM
The Reader. And I saw it at the theater so I was so embarrassed when the lights came back on. :o

Dav.
Jul 5th, 2011, 04:02 AM
The Tree of Life and Beautiful Thing were the only two I can remember in recent months....but I only teared up.

Someone mention Lost in Translation (my favorite). The ending is perfect.

Inger67
Jul 5th, 2011, 05:29 AM
Radio.
Click.
Marley and Me.
Crash.
My Sister's Keeper.
The Color Purple.
Pay It Forward.

I even cried the last episode of Friends :sobbing: I can't really remember any other movies but there might be more.

Fantasy Hero
Jul 5th, 2011, 12:49 PM
talking about dogs: Achiko :awww:

last one was Agora :sobbing:

Certinfy
Jul 5th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Toy Story 3.

Only movie I've actually cried watching. :o

New_balls_please
Jul 5th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Little Miss Sunshine :sobbing:

RandomShot
Jul 5th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Click

Ciarán
Jul 5th, 2011, 03:02 PM
I NEVER cry at movies, to the point where I have been accused of having a heart of stone but Philadelphia destroyed me...the scene with 'La Mama Morte' and at the end with the video of his life...I died a little inside that day.

Ashi
Jul 5th, 2011, 03:13 PM
The last scene of Brokeback Mountain. :awww: Heath Ledger :sobbing:

Caralenko
Jul 5th, 2011, 03:34 PM
I don't cry in movies but this TF suggestion (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=411016) :rolleyes: wrecked me. I had a couple of tears of pity/horror after that.

Also the first time I saw Requiem for a Dream when Sara's friends hold each other on the bus stop after visiting her in hospital.

Kylger
Jul 5th, 2011, 03:46 PM
UP was another movie i cried, already after 15 minutes as the wife from this older guy died,
UP is such a well-written movie, and for sure not a movie for kids imo

Radio.
Click.
Marley and Me.
Crash.
My Sister's Keeper.
The Color Purple.
Pay It Forward.

I even cried the last episode of Friends :sobbing: I can't really remember any other movies but there might be more.

Up and My Sister's Keeper especially just destroyed me. I couldn't stop the waterworks during the hospital scene at the end.

JN
Jul 5th, 2011, 04:19 PM

I need to watch that, cuz the thought of it has me doubled over with laughter.

'Talk to Me' when Petey Greene announced that Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. had been shot and killed.

Certinfy
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Toy Story 3.

Only movie I've actually cried watching. :o
Just watched it again now and even trying to hold my tears in I failed :o It's just as if all my childhood (not that I had a proper one anyway) went by me in the space of the movie, best ending to any trilogy ever for sure.

Malkmus_
Jul 6th, 2011, 12:48 AM
Probably Toy Story 3 :sobbing:
Either that or Control (British movie)

Uranus
Jul 6th, 2011, 01:41 AM
So I finally watched 'Dancer In the Dark' tonight, and oh my God...

njnetswill
Jul 6th, 2011, 01:47 AM
To Live, a Zhang Yimou film.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Live_%28film%29

:sobbing:

dybbuk
Jul 6th, 2011, 02:40 AM
Well if we're talking about any movies that ever made us I cry, I have to add The Apu Trilogy. :o When Apu's sister died when they were children after playing in the rain, I bawled. I didn't cry, I sobbed hysterically.

ivanban
Jul 6th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Hachiko :awww: :crying2:

HACHIKO!!! :sobbing:

Apoleb
Jul 6th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Larry Crowne.

It was so bad, it made me cry.

lol @ how many people cried at Marley and me.