PDA

View Full Version : Will Wozniak come back?

BOEING 717
Jun 30th, 2011, 02:42 PM
First of all I am Canadian (though living in the USA) and have a huge love for Canadian tennis. This is not at all a shot at Alex but I have been wondering if Wozniak will be a player that gets over her injuries and gets back into the top 50 (please I hope she does) Or will she be one of many that fell from a top ranking while injured and never gets back to the top 100. I love her game and hope like most Canadians she gets it back together but am starting to get concerned that her career is starting to take the path of (off the top of my head a) Elena Bovina (a solid player with 5 years in the top 50 and then injured and the last 5 years has not made it past about #150) Elena had a longer time in the top 50 and was even top 20 but once injured was just never the same. Many others come to mind and I sure hope Alex is not one of them. I work in the tennis business and do get to see many WTA and challenger events and for sure Alex is not the same player she once was.

Sadly history is full of solid players that were in the top 50 and after time away due to being hurt never come close to where they were before. I welcome any thoughts on this subject.

Again please do not think I am taking a shot at Miss Wozniak, it is so hard to get your points back once you loose them (tennis is a very rewarding sport to those up top) I wish her all the luck and dream of seeing 3 Canadians in the top 50 on the WTA tour in 2013/14 (Wozniak, Marino and Bouchard) with Dubois getting it together and spending a few years in the 80's to 100.

Njay16
Jul 8th, 2011, 03:39 AM
She will, it's honestly just a matter of winning matches and staying fit. She has gotten herself into good shape (losing weight), but it's just time to make her body stronger. I'd rather she take as much time off as needed to properly heal and come back when she is injury free. She's very eager to be out the competing, and I'm confident she'll come back even better. The match against Wozniacki showed that she is still capable of playing great tennis.

misty1
Jul 9th, 2011, 02:47 PM
im going to say this shortly..no, i dont think she ever will

Vincey!
Jul 27th, 2011, 02:48 PM
She will, it's honestly just a matter of winning matches and staying fit. She has gotten herself into good shape (losing weight), but it's just time to make her body stronger. I'd rather she take as much time off as needed to properly heal and come back when she is injury free. She's very eager to be out the competing, and I'm confident she'll come back even better. The match against Wozniacki showed that she is still capable of playing great tennis.

I agree with that, speciall against Wozniacki you could tell that all she needed was a bit more match play to get the confidence in the shots and the doubt would go away....Aleks is Playing 100K Vancouver next so hopefully she'll have a good run there!