PDA

View Full Version : i hope this doesn't offend any1

tinkerbell
Nov 4th, 2002, 09:04 PM
i've been watching tennis since 92 french open final & i know that there are some lesbians in the game but i don't know why they r apart from conchita & amelie. who r the others? just read the post that Lisa Raymond & Rannae Stubbs supposedly r & i was quite shocked. i hope this is an ok post.

Julie
Nov 4th, 2002, 09:07 PM
I think you mean who they are and not why - right?????

And why were you shocked???

Hawk
Nov 4th, 2002, 09:09 PM
I didn't know about Raymond and Stubbs either. I was wondering how everyone knows they are partners off court?:confused:

JonBcn
Nov 4th, 2002, 09:10 PM
Welcome to the real world, where they reckon that approximately 1 in 10 of us are gay. Incredibly, that includes the odd famous person, sportsman/woman and politician.

Rubylips
Nov 4th, 2002, 09:14 PM
There nothing wrong with life.To each it own.We are all HUMAN.?

tinkerbell
Nov 4th, 2002, 09:16 PM
ooops that is what i meant.

& it just never crossed my mind that those two were.

i live in the real world i just don't know which tennis players r lesbians that's it & i certainly mean didn't mean to offend any1 like i said before.

JonBcn
Nov 4th, 2002, 09:20 PM
Hey, i'm not offended. Its just that not all lesbians look like prison warders, and not all gay men look like characters from Village People.

tinkerbell
Nov 4th, 2002, 09:25 PM
i certainly don't believe in the sterotypes just curious as to who thet r but no one is telling me!!

Crazy Canuck
Nov 4th, 2002, 09:26 PM
not all gay men look like characters from Village People.

OMG - they don't? :sad:

Say it ain't so!!

irma
Nov 4th, 2002, 09:28 PM
because nobody knows, as far as I know the only activeplayers who came out are amelie and conchita and some even have doubts about the last, but I am sure I saw a quote from her where she said something about it!

irma
Nov 4th, 2002, 09:29 PM
In fact there was only 1 gayman in the Village People! They told that on tv last year!

Wimanna
Nov 4th, 2002, 09:30 PM
Garbin and Husarova are together...;) Belgian commentator told that during Clijsters-Husarova at the Aussie Open

JonBcn
Nov 4th, 2002, 09:30 PM
Rebecca; Well, admittedly all of my friends do*, but I have seen some really dull gay men too, who could have passed for estate agents.

Tinkerbell; there are conspiracy theories here about just about everyone. If you do searches you'll see that most people have been suspected at some stage. And every attractive ATP player (plus Andy roddick) is frequently accused of it too.

*that bit wasnt actually true.

Gonzo Hates Me!
Nov 4th, 2002, 09:33 PM
Tinkerbell, you are too cute. LOL!

tinkerbell
Nov 4th, 2002, 09:35 PM
i guess its because i've only just started checking out mbs that i've become more aware so i decided to ask didn't know about men though. will log onto the ATP board but i don't think i'll ask the question though!

england_rules
Nov 4th, 2002, 09:35 PM
R U serious about Garbin and Husarova?!?

Wimanna
Nov 4th, 2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by england_rules
R U serious about Garbin and Husarova?!?

That's what the commentator said during the match...and Garbin was chearing Janette, she was in the boxes

tinkerbell
Nov 4th, 2002, 09:39 PM
will that be my new name Mrs Guga - i kinda like it!

btw i thought Conchita & Gigi were an item a few years ago - well i certainly heard some people talking about it in Eastbourne

JonBcn
Nov 4th, 2002, 09:39 PM
Wasn't Husarova with Martinez for a while, too?

<damn, now I'm doing it!>

tinkerbell
Nov 4th, 2002, 09:42 PM
its easily done Jon!!!

fhkung
Nov 4th, 2002, 09:47 PM
well, i'm heterosexual...........
so I DONT CARE.........

Gonzo Hates Me!
Nov 4th, 2002, 09:49 PM
GARBIN IS A LESBIAN?!

Serena y Monica
Nov 4th, 2002, 09:50 PM
Phylicia Allen's husband...was a Village person and be was bi...sorry I don't believe their is any such thing as a bi-sexual but that makes 1 1/2 or 2 if you agree with me.

Pureracket
Nov 4th, 2002, 10:05 PM
tinkerbell,
Interesting name.

Nacho
Nov 4th, 2002, 10:11 PM
I don't think Conchita has ever come out, because she has never said anything about her private life.

Rocketta
Nov 4th, 2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Serena y Monica
Phylicia Allen's husband...was a Village person and be was bi...sorry I don't believe their is any such thing as a bi-sexual but that makes 1 1/2 or 2 if you agree with me.

Phylicia Rashad's ex-husband was an ex-football player. Ahmad Rashad.

Debbie Allen's husband is an ex-NBA star. Norm Nixon

¤CharlDa¤
Nov 4th, 2002, 11:18 PM
Bovina is a lesbian too....A representant of tennis canda told that to me and he said that almost 30 % of the girls are lesbians....He used to work for the girls at the Candaian Open...

JonBcn
Nov 5th, 2002, 10:35 AM
lol, Doing what? Organising Anne Summers parties?

schnyder lover
Nov 5th, 2002, 11:00 AM
why does that stat from cdpoulin sound like such bullshit to me - who did these estimates?

i know patty is not one - she just likes older men!

DutchieGirl
Nov 5th, 2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by JonBcn
Rebecca; Well, admittedly all of my friends do*, but I have seen some really dull gay men too, who could have passed for estate agents.

Tinkerbell; there are conspiracy theories here about just about everyone. If you do searches you'll see that most people have been suspected at some stage. And every attractive ATP player (plus Andy roddick) is frequently accused of it too.

*that bit wasnt actually true.

oh god, lmao! Sorry, but I just had to laugh at the Andy Roddick comment! :D

Serena y Monica... if there's no such thing as a bisexual, then I don't exist! :p

Volcana
Nov 5th, 2002, 11:15 AM
There are no lesbians in the WTA! Or in the fan base either.:)

bis2806
Nov 5th, 2002, 11:17 AM
I hope Andy Roddick and Jan Michael Gambill confess to the public soon if they're gay or not instead of just having 'girlfriends' as cover-ups...u

DutchieGirl
Nov 5th, 2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by cdpoulin1
Bovina is a lesbian too....A representant of tennis canda told that to me and he said that almost 30 % of the girls are lesbians....He used to work for the girls at the Candaian Open...

Where's TBE when you need him to confirm a rumour? ;)

schnyder lover
Nov 5th, 2002, 11:23 AM
what evidence is there that either is gay? I never realised that being "good looking" went hand in hand with being a fag

DutchieGirl
Nov 5th, 2002, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Volcana
There are no lesbians in the WTA! Or in the fan base either.:)

lol suuuuuuuuuure! Of course there aren't! ;)

DutchieGirl
Nov 5th, 2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by schnyder lover
what evidence is there that either is gay? I never realised that being "good looking" went hand in hand with being a fag

What's wrong with being a "fag" as you call it?

But I think it is silly to speculate about them - if they want to come out they will (if they even are gay)!

schnyder lover
Nov 5th, 2002, 11:38 AM
did i say there was something wrong with it? i asked why looks = sexuality

bis2806
Nov 5th, 2002, 11:41 AM
being a guy and coming out to confess is different as they'll have more burden

DutchieGirl
Nov 5th, 2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by schnyder lover
did i say there was something wrong with it? i asked why looks = sexuality

just the way you said it made it not sound nice! "fag's" not exactly the nicest word! :p

schnyder lover
Nov 5th, 2002, 11:58 AM
i was talking about cigarettes? why does andy roddick being good looking make him a cigarette

DutchieGirl
Nov 5th, 2002, 12:03 PM
lol suuuuure! :p ;)

irma
Nov 5th, 2002, 12:04 PM
maybe he gets on fire when he gets mad?;)

DutchieGirl
Nov 5th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by irma
maybe he gets on fire when he gets mad?;)

lol there's a possibility! ;)

franzit
Nov 5th, 2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by wimanna
Garbin and Husarova are together...;) Belgian commentator told that during Clijsters-Husarova at the Aussie Open

What hell are u saying????Garbin was girlfriend of Stefano Galvani till last summer...

PhoenixStorm
Nov 5th, 2002, 03:13 PM
DOnt you people know that Lesbians are invisible! There are no lesbians! They're just women who really really really really like spending time together! Cant two women be super duper califragilicoiusepealladocious close without being called a lesbian!

My goodness can't two women hold hands, kiss, hug, make out and roll around the bed naked without being called a lesbian! They're just playful.

danra
Nov 5th, 2002, 03:59 PM
am now sat at desk crying with laughter thanks to PhoenixStorm. and just been asked what's so funny. oops.

Ta for the laughs!

Renee
Nov 5th, 2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Rocketta

Phylicia Rashad's ex-husband was an ex-football player. Ahmad Rashad.

Debbie Allen's husband is an ex-NBA star. Norm Nixon

Hey Rocketta,

Ahmad Rashad was Phylicia's second husband. Her first husband was a guy from the Village People. :wavey:

tia clara
Nov 5th, 2002, 04:38 PM
You mean Phyllicia wasn't really married to Bill Cosby??????

:confused:

ColinB
Nov 5th, 2002, 10:49 PM
Most of it is just rumours... But Amelie and Conchita are probably the highest profile lesbians on the tour. Conchita has been with Tarabini for a while - but think they have split up.

Other include, Lisa, Rennae, Danillidou, Arendt, Hrdlickova... I hadn't heard aboyt Garbin and Husarova though - they do share a coach - so maybe thats all it is...

On the men's side - no one has been out since the legendary Bill Tilden in the 1920's who was later jailed. There is lots of rumours about Pete Sampras, Jim Courier, Gambill and Roddick - but hard to say.... Also has always been rumours that both Andre and Steffi are bisexual - was rumours that Steffi was with Stubbs and Gorrachategui in the past...

Other famous ones in days gone by include Martina Nav, Gigi Ferandez, Wendy Turnbull, Virginia Wade, Hana Mandlickova, Jana Novotna, Billie-Jean King, Rosie Casals, Betty Stove...

Rocketta
Nov 5th, 2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Renee

Hey Rocketta,

Ahmad Rashad was Phylicia's second husband. Her first husband was a guy from the Village People. :wavey:

You mean the guy that was Valerie Simpson of Ashford and Simpson's brother? Wasn't he the only black guy in the group or was she married to one of the other guys. I thought the black guy was flat out gay. I thought I remembered a story about him being gay. If she was married to him, :o

CC
Nov 6th, 2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by ColinB
Other include, Lisa, Rennae, Danillidou, Arendt, Hrdlickova... I hadn't heard aboyt Garbin and Husarova though - they do share a coach - so maybe thats all it is...

So the speculations about why Lisa and Rennae split up on court and maybe off could be confirmed. In the Sanex city of hope fundraiser pictures Rennae is there with Arendt.

Martian KC
Nov 6th, 2002, 12:09 AM
OMG! I've read through this whole thread and lmao all the way! To think all these discussions came out of the first post!:p

I don't mind talking about lesbians.:angel:

Hawk
Nov 6th, 2002, 12:11 AM
With all the players "suspected", i'm sure the locker room is an interesting place ;)

Messenger
Nov 6th, 2002, 02:48 AM
I just want to say that Conchita never felt she had to "come out". She never said she was a lesbian, like Amelie did. But Conchita did kiss her girlfriend in public ;)

bis2806
Nov 6th, 2002, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by Hawk
With all the players "suspected", i'm sure the locker room is an interesting place ;)

most absolutely ;) but more attention should be paid to the men's side coz they(roddick and gambill etc.) are so shy.... :D

irma
Nov 6th, 2002, 05:23 AM
there were also rumours that monica was with brie rippner
there were also rumours that lindsay was with mary joe

Is there a player who got never suspected?

Hawk
Nov 6th, 2002, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by irma
there were also rumours that monica was with brie rippner
there were also rumours that lindsay was with mary joe

Is there a player who got never suspected?
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Martina Hingis was never suspected. :)

irma
Nov 6th, 2002, 05:27 AM
she was on this board;)

irma
Nov 6th, 2002, 05:27 AM
or on the old board

ColinB
Nov 6th, 2002, 07:58 AM
No - Not The Sun - most of them are common knowledge among tennis circles - I'm not outing anyone..

I agree - You'll never find Martina Hingis on this thread - she is the biggest maneater on the Tour!!!

Maajken
Nov 6th, 2002, 08:02 AM
I cant remember a "is martina hingis gay?" thread...and there were a few ;)

lol@phoenixstorm btw :D and i kinda agree too :o :angel:

Hurley
Nov 6th, 2002, 08:13 AM
Known lesbians on the WTA Tour:

Conchita Martinez
Lisa Raymond
Laura Granville
Vera Zvonareva
Martina Hingis
Rennae Stubbs
Venus Williams
Lindsay Davenport
Chanda Rubin
Monica Seles
Monique Viele
Daja Bedanova
Anna Kournikova
Elena Bovina
Adriana Serra Zanetti
Antonella Serra Zanetti (not sisters, married)
Svetlana Kuznetsova
Sandrine Testud (artificially inseminated)
Pam Shriver (duh)
Mary Pierce (double duh!)
Alicia Molik
Angelika Roesch
Justine Henin
Maja Matevzic
Linda Harvey-Wild
Pascale Paradis-Magnon
Julie Halard-Decugis
Maria Antonia Sanchez Lorenzo
Steffi and Andre's son (transgender WTA player of the future)
Jane Harvey Tabor (token lezzy umpire)
and I also heard rumors about your mom.

Trust me, it's all true.

Nov 6th, 2002, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Hurley
Known lesbians on the WTA Tour:

Conchita Martinez
Lisa Raymond
Laura Granville
Vera Zvonareva
Martina Hingis
Rennae Stubbs
Venus Williams
Lindsay Davenport
Chanda Rubin
Monica Seles
Monique Viele
Daja Bedanova
Anna Kournikova
Elena Bovina
Adriana Serra Zanetti
Antonella Serra Zanetti (not sisters, married)
Svetlana Kuznetsova
Sandrine Testud (artificially inseminated)
Pam Shriver (duh)
Mary Pierce (double duh!)
Alicia Molik
Angelika Roesch
Justine Henin
Maja Matevzic
Linda Harvey-Wild
Pascale Paradis-Magnon
Julie Halard-Decugis
Maria Antonia Sanchez Lorenzo
Steffi and Andre's son (transgender WTA player of the future)
Jane Harvey Tabor (token lezzy umpire)
and I also heard rumors about your mom.

Trust me, it's all true.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hurley
Nov 6th, 2002, 08:30 AM
Hopefully that's for the whole thread, because everyone posting in here is insane.

Nov 6th, 2002, 08:33 AM
Yeah, but your post in particualr caught my attention

Hurley
Nov 6th, 2002, 08:36 AM
Yes well...obviously you didn't think I was serious. I hope.

Nov 6th, 2002, 08:37 AM
NO, I knew you were joking :D

Hurley
Nov 6th, 2002, 08:40 AM
:D

Nov 6th, 2002, 08:42 AM
I particularly like the "Steffi and Andre's son" comment

Colin B
Nov 6th, 2002, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by knopfler6
Good Lord, where does Colin B get his information ?

He's not Colin B; I'm Colin B. :angel:
He's ColinB!

Nov 6th, 2002, 08:48 AM
I never realised that there are 2 of you!! Sorry

Iconoclast
Nov 6th, 2002, 12:43 PM
I wouldn't classify these speculations as anything approaching libel. We are simply making some more or, frequently, less educated guesses about their sexuality. Sure, it's a little more meaty than debating whether or not a given player might be carnivorous, vegetarian, or vegan. But we're not accusing anyone of being an axe-murderer or a fan of the Rolling Stones.

However, we should be careful not to present something as fact when it's merely our own personal guess based on something as vague as intuition.

ColinB
Nov 6th, 2002, 11:00 PM
I'm the real ColinB - Colin B - and Scottish so slightly different nationality... The ones I listed above - are all common knowledge among tennis circles, and not anything new...

Colin B
Nov 6th, 2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by ColinB
I'm the real ColinB - Colin B - and Scottish so slightly different nationality...

I'm English by birth but my parents originated in Scotland.
I wasn't denying that you are real, ColinB; Just that you are ColinB and I am Colin B.

How's life in Sydney anyway?

¤CharlDa¤
Nov 7th, 2002, 12:12 AM
I just know taht Bovina is a lesbian because she came with her girlfriend at the tournament...And the poerson who told me this was the one who was responsable for the players of the Canadian Open....I think it is a relaible source...

Asmus
Nov 7th, 2002, 12:29 AM
When Jim Courier does commentating for Wimbledon, he's always talking about how much fun he has in the locker room....

ColinB
Nov 7th, 2002, 01:08 AM
Hey Colin B - Good to have a namesick... Sydney is great - much better than living In London where I worked for the last 5 years and much wamrner than Scotland!!!