PDA

View Full Version : Seles v Davenport

Sammm
Nov 4th, 2002, 03:50 PM
I am really confused. i don't know why suddenly Davenport doesn't get seeded for big tournaments. And then she faces seles in the first round- that is ridiculous.
Who will win, do you think. Davenport has a really good record against monica but she has lost to people who she normally beats:
Chanda
Maggie
Patty

They both also have injuries. i don't know what to expect. :(

mkatan
Nov 4th, 2002, 04:43 PM
Anything can happen!!!!!!!!:) :)

Volcana
Nov 4th, 2002, 04:47 PM
Lindsay had an 'injury-protected ranking' because she was out more than six months. That has now run out, so she's seeded by her ranking points now like everyone else.

Devon
Nov 4th, 2002, 04:53 PM
I really think it's going to be a fifty/fifty kind of thing. I would give a very slight edge to Davenport because she is younger and tecnically still at her peak, but Monica can still kick butt when she puts her mind on it, but she strugles against big power hitters (US Open Venus/Seles anyone remember??)

Anyway, does anybody understand the rankings this week? It looks like the points that players earned last year in Munich have already been taken off before they had the chance to defend them. Serena is now only about 700 points away from Venus, instead of 1000. Is there a different rule for the Championship points?

Just wondering....

Philip
Nov 4th, 2002, 06:39 PM
the ranks go on week to week basis not tournament to tournament basis i think... maybe this explains why the points came off a week early.

Go Monica :)

vw43
Nov 4th, 2002, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the explanation of Davenport's seeding. I was wondering about this as well.

I'll go with Lindsay

7-6, 6-4

:wavey:

LucasArg
Nov 4th, 2002, 06:44 PM
What a tough 1st match for both, I think it will be a long match.

Lindsay cannot use her protected ranking in the Race Championship, even if when she wouldn't have used them yet in the last tournaments. She is ranked out of the top ten right now. And she will play with the n#5 player in the world.

Maajken
Nov 4th, 2002, 06:44 PM
Lindsay 7-6 6-3

vw43
Nov 4th, 2002, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Angelica
Lindsay 7-6 6-3

Hi Angelica! Like your predication as well as your sig :)

Maajken
Nov 4th, 2002, 06:51 PM
Thanks. Fellow Tori fan? ;)

niratti
Nov 4th, 2002, 11:20 PM
Lindsay will win!! :):)

selesrules
Nov 4th, 2002, 11:21 PM
Monica 7-6, 6-4 :angel:

Cam'ron Giles
Nov 4th, 2002, 11:31 PM
I hope Monica beat her ass down like she stole something. Lindsay's best days are far behind her and she has no chance of winning anything anymore. Even if Monica lose to her, she wont make it pass the next round. Linds needs to reconsider her tennis career. Maybe she should stop now and coach...?

Venus Forever
Nov 4th, 2002, 11:37 PM
GO MONICA!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

bis2806
Nov 5th, 2002, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Freethinker82
I hope Monica beat her ass down like she stole something. Lindsay's best days are far behind her and she has no chance of winning anything anymore. Even if Monica lose to her, she wont make it pass the next round. Linds needs to reconsider her tennis career. Maybe she should stop now and coach...?

Lindsay's best days are not over yet!!! look at how well she has coped with the tourneys just after her surgery.... although she wasn't able to close out matches she can still do better coz she just returned from her surgery... she needs more practice and mental training.....

I'll go with Lindsay to win the 1st round...... and she'll give her best against venus/schynder in the quarters!!!!

Go LINDSAY!!! :D :bounce: :D:bounce: :D :bounce: :D

cireewol
Nov 5th, 2002, 01:44 AM
Lindsay SHOULD win in straight sets! Go Lindsay

joaco
Nov 5th, 2002, 02:04 AM
I hope Monica beat her ass down like she stole something. Lindsay's best days are far behind her and she has no chance of winning anything anymore. Even if Monica lose to her, she wont make it pass the next round. Linds needs to reconsider her tennis career. Maybe she should stop now and coach...? :rolleyes:

I will proove you wrong when Lindsay wins.
These are some reasons why probably Lindsay should win, and I really have faith on her so I believe she WILL win:

- Lindsay likes playing more on indoors, Monica does not.
- She has played a solid indoor season and has made it to two finals.
- Monica has been injured for a long time, maybe she'll be rusty.
- Lindsay's head-to-head againt Monica is 8-2, she has a mental edge.

Besides Lindsay wants to take revenge from last year's final...
I really like Monica, wish this match wouldn't have happened in the first round, but.... hope they can both make a good match out of it and play really well.

Joaco

rfs1999
Nov 5th, 2002, 04:20 AM
Go Monica!

Maajken
Nov 5th, 2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Freethinker82 I hope Monica beat her ass down like she stole something. Lindsay's best days are far behind her and she has no chance of winning anything anymore. Even if Monica lose to her, she wont make it pass the next round. Linds needs to reconsider her tennis career. Maybe she should stop now and coach...?
If Lindsay's best days are over, then what to say about Monica? In fact if Lindsay should retire, 99% of the tour had better do it too.

Lindsayfan
Nov 5th, 2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Freethinker82
Lindsay's best days are far behind her and she has no chance of winning anything anymore. Even if Monica lose to her, she wont make it pass the next round. Linds needs to reconsider her tennis career. Maybe she should stop now and coach...?

Only a Lindsay-hater what u r,can think so :rolleyes:

gerhard
Nov 5th, 2002, 05:23 PM

It was meant as a joke, or ? If not, you'll need a couple of sessions at the psychiatrist !

QUEENLINDSAY
Nov 5th, 2002, 06:00 PM
guys!!!!! pls spare freeztinker to me!!!!!!
He cant even handle me, dont bother to respond to him for we all know who is is??? and what he is after?

Cam'ron Giles
Nov 5th, 2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by QUEENLINDSAY
guys!!!!! pls spare freeztinker to me!!!!!!
He cant even handle me, dont bother to respond to him for we all know who is is??? and what he is after?

:confused:

QUEENLINDSAY
Nov 5th, 2002, 06:28 PM
see????? he can only respond like that!!!!!!!

ttaM
Nov 5th, 2002, 08:24 PM
Go Monica! :D

Dado
Nov 5th, 2002, 09:57 PM
Go Monica!

selesrules
Nov 5th, 2002, 09:58 PM
GOOD LUCK MONICA!!! :)

Seles_Beckham
Nov 5th, 2002, 10:02 PM
Good Luck Monika, I hope you can win the match against Davenport ( I am with you)
GO GO GO MONIKA

niratti
Nov 5th, 2002, 10:33 PM
Well done QUEENLINDSAY, you deserve the 'queen' title :):):)

QUEENLINDSAY
Nov 5th, 2002, 10:53 PM
:angel: :angel: :angel: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Tnx Niratti:hearts:

joaco
Nov 5th, 2002, 11:08 PM
LMAO LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great one QueenLindsay!

Cam'ron Giles
Nov 5th, 2002, 11:40 PM
I am sorry, but I fail to see what QL did to deserve Kudos. In any event, QL is very unstable so I agree with the positve re-enforcement...You guys are great...:wavey:

QUEENLINDSAY
Nov 5th, 2002, 11:43 PM
Dont worry freeztinker, You always fail to see everything!!!!
Now rest again and think of a more valid point for your arguments. that is if you buy a bit of brain recently.

spencercarlos
Nov 6th, 2002, 08:46 AM
For Sure Freethinker iŽll see you here again if Lindsay in fact beats Monica and then loses to Venus and youŽll say that Linds you retire.

DAvenport has a lot of credit to herself not having played 3 of 4 Grand Slams in the year, she still is just out of the top ten, that is just pretty amazing to me. If she stays fit, she can get into the top ten by the end of next yearŽs Australian Open. Go Lindsay!!

what_about_me
Nov 6th, 2002, 12:40 PM
GO MONICA YOU CAN DO IT! :bounce:

I love monica to bits but both are nice people so who ever wins wins!::wavey:

bis2806
Nov 6th, 2002, 01:05 PM
freethinker82, how can you insult Lindsay, the classiest player on the tour??? that's just so wrong of you!!!

justinDisco
Nov 6th, 2002, 01:18 PM
I hope it's a tie!!!

TomLovesMonica
Nov 6th, 2002, 02:34 PM
I really like them both and of zourse as a Monica fan, I hope Monica will win. But honestly I doubt it: she did not play for a couple of weeks and wasn't in great form before...Lindsay on the other hand is playing some really good tennis. Anyway, as long as it is going to be a high quality match, I am happy, may the best woman win! :)

Go Monica!
Go Lindsay!

argentino
Nov 6th, 2002, 03:26 PM
THE DRAW :( :mad: :fiery:

MONICA WILL WIN IN 2 SETS 7-5 7-6 (22-20) :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

ARGENTINO:cool:

Bероника
Nov 6th, 2002, 04:27 PM
I hope Seles wins.I don't care what the result is.I don't want her to lose in the first round.
GO MONI!!!!!!!!