PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in God?

Atomic
Jun 22nd, 2011, 11:49 PM
Just curious how many, if any, still believe in God in this day and age.

Serenita
Jun 22nd, 2011, 11:56 PM
Yes i do.

melodynelson
Jun 23rd, 2011, 12:19 AM
My biggest question with God is this: I have done many horrible things as a person other than murder and rape. How is it possible for me to still get to heaven? That answer depends on many people with many varying answers and I am unsure who to believe myself.

The most common thing I hear is as long as you believe and repent your sins you will be forgiven and go to heaven. But I am just too lazy to force myself to believe in something just so I can sleep easier at night that when I die maybe I go to a place where I can eat fruit and play harp for the rest of eternity. Why else believe in God but have that closure?

Halardfan
Jun 23rd, 2011, 12:30 AM
No I don't.

*JR*
Jun 23rd, 2011, 12:38 AM
XCnE0BfVNZE :devil:

Helen Lawson
Jun 23rd, 2011, 01:07 AM
Yes!!

DaMamaJama87
Jun 23rd, 2011, 01:41 AM
My biggest question with God is this: I have done many horrible things as a person other than murder and rape. How is it possible for me to still get to heaven? That answer depends on many people with many varying answers and I am unsure who to believe myself.

The most common thing I hear is as long as you believe and repent your sins you will be forgiven and go to heaven. But I am just too lazy to force myself to believe in something just so I can sleep easier at night that when I die maybe I go to a place where I can eat fruit and play harp for the rest of eternity. Why else believe in God but have that closure?

1. You already know God's will. It's written in the bible.
2. This is not like checking your credit score. Only God can judge you so you can only do your best in this life and try to live virtuously.
3. Eternity is a lot longer than your lifespan on earth. Making choices in your life now to try and have a better eternity is always worth it.

Atomic
Jun 23rd, 2011, 01:48 AM
1. You already know God's will. It's written in the bible.

So are we supposed to go by everything that's written in the Bible...? :oh:

melodynelson
Jun 23rd, 2011, 01:51 AM
I only read fiction, and there are much better examples of that than The Bible.

Only God can judge me, you're right, but how do you when you crossed the line? Is there a line? If there isn't, why do people make it seem as if there is one? If there is a line, are you SOL if you cross it? Do I still get a free pass for being a thoughtful person and acknowledging what my weaknesses and illdoings as a person are and trying to become a better person, even if I am not always successful? Pretty sure I've broken several of the ten commandments.

You are absolutely right about #3. But you aren't proving me wrong either. I would like someone to tell me why people even care about believing in God if not to save their own ass from not going to a state of hell afterwards. "God fearing" is one of the more interesting turns of phrases I've ever heard.

I would ultimately like to believe in some kind of entity and have a relationship with him to better benefit me as a person and my contributions to society, that would be ideal, but beyond that idea of having your own personal god...well, I haven't found him yet.

DaMamaJama87
Jun 23rd, 2011, 02:12 AM
I only read fiction, and there are much better examples of that than The Bible.

I know this was meant as a putdown but the Bible is one of the most interesting books you could ever read, even if you do believe it is fiction. All the themes about life, humanity etc. were there first. You learn about history, geography, relationships, temptations, biology, legal matters, everything. Purely on the basis of content, no other book can compare in terms of scope or quality.

Only God can judge me, you're right, but how do you when you crossed the line? Is there a line? If there isn't, why do people make it seem as if there is one? If there is a line, are you SOL if you cross it? Do I still get a free pass for being a thoughtful person and acknowledging what my weaknesses and illdoings as a person are and trying to become a better person, even if I am not always successful? Pretty sure I've broken several of the ten commandments.

All the guidance you'll ever need is in the Bible. All people are sinners and make mistakes, you can only try to become a better person everyday.

You are absolutely right about #3. But you aren't proving me wrong either. I would like someone to tell me why people even care about believing in God if not to save their own ass from not going to a state of hell afterwards. "God fearing" is one of the more interesting turns of phrases I've ever heard.

I would ultimately like to believe in some kind of entity and have a relationship with him to better benefit me as a person and my contributions to society, that would be ideal, but beyond that idea of having your own personal god...well, I haven't found him yet.

The point is not to "save your ass" from hell. Your "ass" has already been saved, all you have to do is accept Jesus Christ in your heart. The point is to try to attain an eternity with Christ. The motivation doesn't come from the potential punishment, it comes from the potential reward.

moby
Jun 23rd, 2011, 04:23 AM
Why would I believe in God (one of the Abrahamic religions) instead of one of the many other religions out there?

skanky~skanketta
Jun 23rd, 2011, 04:27 AM
I believe that there is a higher being (which I would think the term "God" references") but not religion in itself.

DaMamaJama87
Jun 23rd, 2011, 04:36 AM
Why would I believe in God (one of the Abrahamic religions) instead of one of the many other religions out there?

Because He is the only true God?

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 23rd, 2011, 05:17 AM
No, unless I do see one.

Betten
Jun 23rd, 2011, 05:32 AM
No, unless I do see one.

I love your answer!

DaMamaJama87, do you see Jesus as a human man or as the son of God?

tennis-insomniac
Jun 23rd, 2011, 05:47 AM
I don't believe in religion but I believe in God aka. mother of nature, who crates all creatures, particles, cells, molecules, food chains. It is not something fictional but rather scientific and spiritual.

I think Nature has reason for us to be born, I feel there are intentions for human to live and do good things as there are animals who are meant to be food. And it is the human who are destroying their nature by their ignorance and greed as well.

It is something inside that makes sense to me, give me the reason to be a better human being, give me an imagination to create, give me a wisdom to pursue my goal. It connects me to be a part of the world.

bulava
Jun 23rd, 2011, 06:10 AM
Yes I do but this is roughly a 14 billion year old problem to solve or rather say know/understand/enlightened :)

Pops Maellard
Jun 23rd, 2011, 06:11 AM
Uncertain.

duhcity
Jun 23rd, 2011, 06:12 AM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9hoyjwTXl1qzawjso1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId =AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1308895967&Signature=F89diylqjaCYb6d4B8NXCY9xG74%3D

Patrick S
Jun 23rd, 2011, 08:03 AM
No, i don´t.

Specter
Jun 23rd, 2011, 08:35 AM
Nah.

Super Dave
Jun 23rd, 2011, 12:54 PM
Hard to say.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 23rd, 2011, 12:57 PM
No. I think I'm God, actually.

Mistress of Evil
Jun 23rd, 2011, 01:01 PM
No, thanks.

Just Do It
Jun 23rd, 2011, 01:07 PM

Just ? You are saying it like you will get a free hamburger, not eternal peace.

McPie
Jun 23rd, 2011, 01:22 PM
God Only Knows :angel:

Ziggy Starduck
Jun 23rd, 2011, 01:34 PM
Yes I do believe. I refuse to accept that God doesn't listen to me or love me because I'm gay. I'm a decent person and fed up with 'so called' christians casting judgement.

ViceUltramontain
Jun 23rd, 2011, 01:45 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9hoyjwTXl1qzawjso1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId =AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1308895967&Signature=F89diylqjaCYb6d4B8NXCY9xG74%3D

This.

http://h-1.abload.de/img/bowtogodneyjkd3nhp.gif

But my serious answer is no. I don't belive in god.

Bismarck.
Jun 23rd, 2011, 02:34 PM
No, I have no reason to.

Certinfy
Jun 23rd, 2011, 02:40 PM
No. Tomas Berdych is my only God. :worship:

Apoleb
Jun 23rd, 2011, 02:59 PM
One needs to define what is this god being talked about before we can discuss this.

In the most abstract sense, as in god is the whole universe or something, then I would be more positive about it, but I'm not sure the concept of such a god is very useful.

Gdsimmons
Jun 23rd, 2011, 03:30 PM
I believe that there is a higher being so to speak. But I do not believe in religion and I'm not very religious. I think if you model your entire life around a book that is 'supposed' to be holy or whatever, then you are crazy.

pov
Jun 23rd, 2011, 04:35 PM
What do you mean by "God"?

bulava
Jun 23rd, 2011, 07:00 PM
I think if you model your entire life around a book that is 'supposed' to be holy or whatever, then you are crazy.
Keeping off religion perspective, I think there is an ambiguity in this point because starting with the kid age human lives (most) are modeled around books, isn't it? So why it should be a problem by going with just another book :confused: (think logically).

postalblowfish
Jun 23rd, 2011, 07:04 PM
Yes.

fifty-fifty
Jun 23rd, 2011, 07:15 PM
Because He is the only true God?

First of all how do you know God is 'He' not 'She'? Another thing there is no way to prove this! And don't tell me because the Bible says so!:lol:

égalité
Jun 23rd, 2011, 08:36 PM
First of all how do you know God is 'He' not 'She'? Another thing there is no way to prove this! And don't tell me because the Bible says so!:lol:

God exists because the Bible says He does. The Bible is true because God exists and God's Word is infallible. Awesome logic. :hearts:

cynicole
Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:14 PM
No. I actually wanted to but just can't.

vanillalatte
Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:24 PM
Yes.

winone23
Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:53 PM
Yes and I'm not ashamed to admit it!

TheEmpress
Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:56 PM
No, I am on the scientific side.

Monica_Rules
Jun 23rd, 2011, 11:06 PM
NO!

But if proof comes to light he does exist then i might change my mind.

Vartan
Jun 24th, 2011, 02:57 AM
Yes.

NeeemZ
Jun 24th, 2011, 03:08 AM
I do believe there is a God and I do believe in God.

darrinbaker00
Jun 24th, 2011, 04:52 AM
One needs to define what is this god being talked about before I, Apoleb, can discuss this.

In the most abstract sense, as in god is the whole universe or something, then I would be more positive about it, but I'm not sure the concept of such a god is very useful.

There. I fixed it for you.

Moveyourfeet
Jun 24th, 2011, 05:02 AM
4QfDMAcLqgY

Moveyourfeet
Jun 24th, 2011, 05:05 AM
Do I believe in the god of the kjv bible????

http://www.ponychan.net/chan/meta/src/130704995981.gif

As far as deities go, one can do a whole lot better than serving a jealous god.

Boreas
Jun 24th, 2011, 07:16 AM
I believe in reincarnation. If God happens to exist they better send me back to Earth after my death. Priorities: 1 - fish, 2 - bird, 3 - fly.

Jarl_02
Jun 24th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Yes, I do and I hope to grow on my faith.

I think the problem is that religious is being taught by men. The Pope, the priests and all the religious men are...men, which means they will make mistakes and a lot of people have problems with religious becuase they actually have problems with the way these men do things.

I personally think I've found God (and it was actually not much ago) but since then I've found a new kind of peace.

Some of you write that need some kind of proof to know that God exists, but those proofs EXIST, just becuase we don't see it, it doesn't mean it's a lie, for example, no one sees wind but we all know it's there.

pov
Jun 24th, 2011, 03:31 PM
OP . . once again, what do you mean by "God."? Do you mean the status-quo Judaic/Christian/Islamic conceptualization of God? Or . . ??

Elwin.
Jun 24th, 2011, 03:50 PM
No

Jarl_02
Jun 24th, 2011, 03:53 PM
OP . . once again, what do you mean by "God."? Do you mean the status-quo Judaic/Christian/Islamic conceptualization of God? Or . . ??

I think he meant God, the religious God, the one catholics, christians, and I guess jews and any kind of religious believe in.

Even though there are many religious there's only one God.

I like this kind of debates :rolleyes: so maybe some of you could say why you don't believe

égalité
Jun 24th, 2011, 06:25 PM
I think he meant God, the religious God, the one catholics, christians, and I guess jews and any kind of religious believe in.

Even though there are many religious there's only one God.

I like this kind of debates :rolleyes: so maybe some of you could say why you don't believe

What about religions that have many gods?

Jarl_02
Jun 24th, 2011, 07:10 PM
What about religions that have many gods?

Well I haven't heard of them, I didn't know there were still religious with mora than one God.

But I think at the end of the day God, in all their representations, is one God, for example, in the catholic religious, we have God The Father, Jesus Christ and The Holy Ghost, one could think that those are 3 different Gods but they are the same God

spencercarlos
Jun 24th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Well I haven't heard of them, I didn't know there were still religious with mora than one God.

But I think at the end of the day God, in all their representations, is one God, for example, in the catholic religious, we have God The Father, Jesus Christ and The Holy Ghost, one could think that those are 3 different Gods but they are the same God
Eso es terreno peligroso Jarl.

Aca tienes un link con varios.

http://www.religionfacts.com/big_religion_chart.htm

Es un campo muy variado, la religion es casi igual que la politica, muchas tendendias y muchas creencias. Es imposible saber que es lo correcto si creer o no creer. (Yo soy Catolico creyente).

Lo peor son los actos perversos que se cometen por ambas cosas ya sea por religion o por politica.

Me parece interesante ver que tan igualado esta este poll, pense que el YES ganaria con algo cercano al 70%.

Mary Cherry.
Jun 24th, 2011, 08:19 PM
No, and I'm pretty surprised at the poll results to be honest.

*Jool*
Jun 24th, 2011, 09:59 PM
why would I if he doesn't believe in me ? :shrug:

antonella
Jun 24th, 2011, 10:08 PM

Sort of like this??:

http://toolmonger.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/3in1oil.jpg

Richie's
Jun 24th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Yes, of course.

No. Tomas Berdych is my only God. :worship:

Well, Tomas looks like an Accient Greek God!!

No, I am on the scientific side.

If you are really on the scientific side, then you should believe in God!

TheEmpress
Jun 24th, 2011, 11:18 PM
^No, I don't believe God created the world and the humans. I believe in big bang

shap_half
Jun 25th, 2011, 11:54 AM
One needs to define what is this god being talked about before we can discuss this.

The concept of "god" has been shaping the world as soon as human beings came to existence. (This is why I firmly believe that the Spanish kingdom is the most impactful culture to ever be, because of its commitment to spreading Christianity.)

This version of a god that's the whole universe is not as useful, because it doesn't give people a sense of purpose or a bigger context for their existence.

shap_half
Jun 25th, 2011, 11:55 AM

There are many religions with more than one god. Just because other people refuse to legitimize them doesn't mean they don't exist.

Setsuna.
Jun 25th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Wow! I feel sorry for some people here. After reading this thread I released that i'm really lucky to know the right path.

Anyway, I have simple questions to the ppl who don't believe in God: If there is no God, then who created humans, plants and animals? Who created the universe? Do you really think that the universe created itself? Was the existence of the universe is just a coincidence ? lol.

ViceUltramontain
Jun 25th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Wow! I feel sorry for some people here. After reading this thread I released that i'm really lucky to know the right path.

Anyway, I have simple questions to the ppl who don't believe in God: If there is no God, then who created humans, plants and animals? Who created the universe? Do you really think that the universe created itself? Was the existence of the universe is just a coincidence ? lol.

If God has created the universe and everything, who has created God ? You said things can't create themselves.

shap_half
Jun 25th, 2011, 11:54 PM

I also blame god for all of this here that I'm quoting.

*Jool*
Jun 25th, 2011, 11:58 PM

please don't :)

DaMamaJama87
Jun 26th, 2011, 01:15 AM
DaMamaJama87, do you see Jesus as a human man or as the son of God?

Both.

DaMamaJama87
Jun 26th, 2011, 01:18 AM
God exists because the Bible says He does. The Bible is true because God exists and God's Word is infallible. Awesome logic. :hearts:

Wow, you must be a genius! You found the flaw in logic that eludes billions of Christians around the world today. :worship:

fifty-fifty
Jun 26th, 2011, 02:21 AM
God is a metaphor for that which transcends all levels of intellectual thought. It's as simple as that.
-- Joseph Campbell

égalité
Jun 26th, 2011, 03:04 AM
Wow, you must be a genius! You found the flaw in logic that eludes billions of Christians around the world today. :worship:

No, not a genius, but I am a mathematician, so perhaps I'm more adept at identifying circular logic than the general population is. :rolleyes:

And I'm not saying this invalidates your religion. There are plenty of Christians out there who accept the fact that the Bible was recorded by humans. Whether you believe they were writing about a God that exists or not is a matter of faith. :shrug:

Betten
Jun 26th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Both.

That's the typical Catholic interpretation. It is an attempt to make sense of the fundamental paradox: if Jesus (and his suffering) is viewed as God's sacrifice to alleviate the sins of mankind (which date back to Adam in the OT, according to the Christians at least - a misiniterpretation of the early Jewish bible) then he is essentially an accomplice to his own death. And what about those who made it possible for him to sacrifice himself? The Gospel of John puts them in a very negative light, yet if we follow what you say they are essentially (and morally) instruments of God. And why would the rest of his life matter if his main role was to sacrifice himself? Literairy it is not sound, and to make it work theologically you have to jump through a lot of hoops - the Gospel of John (and DaMamaJama87) tries to do this, but it doesn't quite work.

pav
Jun 26th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Hell no, the whole idea is laughable and completely ludicrous,some superior being watching over us? please, give me a break. Most religions are just a way of people not being able to face up to the fact that once you die, you are just not there,like before you are conceived.

*JR*
Jun 26th, 2011, 10:41 AM

I've thus far stayed out of this thread (except for voting Uncertain, as any true agnostic must) but the quoted post is just too fucking stupid to ignore. Whether there is/are an entity or entities that may be described as God(s) or not, you're deferring here to some thoroughly meaningless "referendum".

So what if X number believe this, Y number that, and Z number something else. Its not "logic" you bleeping idiot, its the result of indoctrination; usually by one's family, often by someone else who was indoctrinated by theirs. BTW, atheists are just as dogmatic as UR, just less publicly arrogant about their beliefs.

And even the preference ITT for a religion or "family" of them (the monothestic Abrahamic ones) is without basis. IF there's a supreme power that either created what we know and then sometimes observes, OR "calls the shots", its actually far more plausible that (given the vast expanse of the universe, something unknown when the so-called "Holy Books" were written) said supreme power consists of many celestial "minds" which communicate however.

laschutz
Jun 26th, 2011, 04:00 PM
do i believe in a creator? yes, too much perfect physical design in our world for it to just have happened? however, do i believe in a "GOD" or religion? HELL NO!

how can you with all the evil and mentally and physical pain in this world and how there is a GOD who could if he wanted to wipe away all this in the blink of an eye, but he or she or it chooses NOT TO?

i mean the holocaust how was that a good thing again?

and everyone goes thru physical and mental pain their entire lives but they'll be rewarded ( a BIG MAYBE IN THE BIG MAYBE OF AN AFTERLIFE) .... BUT UNTIL THEN? i mean wouldn't this be the classic textbook definition of masochism/masochistic of a GOD?

if i'm a good person and pray really hard everyday and do everything right, GOD will listen and hear me? i don't think so....

oh wait, GOD hears everyone but he doesn't answer you in the way you want?

and thousands of years have come and gone and he can't make a "physical appearance" to the world? oh wait i forgot thousands of years to GOD is like a blink in time to GOD?! whatever....

ivanban
Jun 26th, 2011, 06:47 PM
do i believe in a creator? yes, too much perfect physical design in our world for it to just have happened?

That's not quite logical. I mean, take just our solar system (not to mention whole universe). Why creating something so vast in size with several round objects (planets) circling around a big shiny round object (Sun), while only one has something going on on it (Earth)?! That's like building small shop for car-parts in the middle of Pacific ocean :scratch:

swissmr
Jun 26th, 2011, 06:47 PM
IMO 'God' is just a comfort blanket/something people use an explanation for things that science hasn't yet fully explained.

propi
Jun 26th, 2011, 07:17 PM
http://bioxano.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/noodledoodle1024_768.jpg
http://www.venganza.org/
:worship::worship:

More seriously, if I had to believe in God I'd rather believe in the mighty awesome kick ass Gods of ancient Viking, Egyptian or Greek mithologies, they're way to funny and real almost like a soap :worship:

Kworb
Jun 26th, 2011, 09:20 PM
As an agnostic I guess "uncertain" is the most appropriate answer for me.

DaMamaJama87
Jun 27th, 2011, 12:39 AM
That's the typical Catholic interpretation. It is an attempt to make sense of the fundamental paradox: if Jesus (and his suffering) is viewed as God's sacrifice to alleviate the sins of mankind (which date back to Adam in the OT, according to the Christians at least - a misiniterpretation of the early Jewish bible) then he is essentially an accomplice to his own death. And what about those who made it possible for him to sacrifice himself? The Gospel of John puts them in a very negative light, yet if we follow what you say they are essentially (and morally) instruments of God. And why would the rest of his life matter if his main role was to sacrifice himself? Literairy it is not sound, and to make it work theologically you have to jump through a lot of hoops - the Gospel of John (and DaMamaJama87) tries to do this, but it doesn't quite work.

I don't see the contradiction. If Jesus's main role was to redeem humanity through sacrifice, why would that invalidate the rest of his life? If you're trying to point out that the Jews were incorrectly blamed for his death by some, then I already agree with you on that.

DaMamaJama87
Jun 27th, 2011, 12:45 AM
I've thus far stayed out of this thread (except for voting Uncertain, as any true agnostic must) but the quoted post is just too fucking stupid to ignore. Whether there is/are an entity or entities that may be described as God(s) or not, you're deferring here to some thoroughly meaningless "referendum".

So what if X number believe this, Y number that, and Z number something else. Its not "logic" you bleeping idiot, its the result of indoctrination; usually by one's family, often by someone else who was indoctrinated by theirs. BTW, atheists are just as dogmatic as UR, just less publicly arrogant about their beliefs.

Not really. The only way you can feel good about yourself is by putting down the beliefs of billions of people around the world and thinking that they've missed some obvious point of logic that only those with superior intellects like your own can deduce. You just want to pat yourself on the back for "seeing through" this "indoctrination" and condemn the majority of the world's population as imbeciles. Keep stroking that ego, bub. :tape:

And even the preference ITT for a religion or "family" of them (the monothestic Abrahamic ones) is without basis. IF there's a supreme power that either created what we know and then sometimes observes, OR "calls the shots", its actually far more plausible that (given the vast expanse of the universe, something unknown when the so-called "Holy Books" were written) said supreme power consists of many celestial "minds" which communicate however.

Why? Why is your personal "guess" more accurate than thousands of years of scholarly study and investigation? "Many celestial minds" is a better approximation for God just because you think so? I'm truly blessed (pun intended) to be in the presence of such luminaries as egalite and yourself. Da Vinci and Einstein were hacks compared to you two.

miffedmax
Jun 27th, 2011, 02:04 AM
I do, but like Karen Armstrong I'm more or less a "freelance theist."

fifty-fifty
Jun 27th, 2011, 02:44 AM
Why? Why is your personal "guess" more accurate than thousands of years of scholarly study and investigation? "Many celestial minds" is a better approximation for God just because you think so? I'm truly blessed (pun intended) to be in the presence of such luminaries as egalite and yourself. Da Vinci and Einstein were hacks compared to you two.

For thousands of years religious leaders were able to amass enormous wealth through instilling fear into people.

DaMamaJama87
Jun 27th, 2011, 04:08 AM
For thousands of years religious leaders were able to amass enormous wealth through instilling fear into people.

Great defence there :lol: Some religious leaders were corrupt therefore all religious beliefs must be totally wrong and invalid. Got any more of that infallible atheist logic? :tape:

shap_half
Jun 27th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Why? Why is your personal "guess" more accurate than thousands of years of scholarly study and investigation?

Scholarly investigation? Really? Believe whatever you want, but I think it's absolutely ridiculous when people try to present any related to religion and a supreme being as "a guess". And just because billions of people have bought into something doesn't mean anything.

Whitehead's Boy
Jun 27th, 2011, 09:09 AM
thousands of years of scholarly study and investigation?

What investigations are you referring to?

There has been proofs presented over time, but anyhow most theologians and philosophers through history just assumed God existed and worked from there. Not that it's problematic per se, but you can't really argue there has been "thousands of years of scholarly study" when most of it takes God's existence as axiomatic.

Whitehead's Boy
Jun 27th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Not really. The only way you can feel good about yourself is by putting down the beliefs of billions of people around the world and thinking that they've missed some obvious point of logic that only those with superior intellects like your own can deduce. You just want to pat yourself on the back for "seeing through" this "indoctrination" and condemn the majority of the world's population as imbeciles. Keep stroking that ego, bub. :tape:

Just because the majority of people are "indoctrinated" doesn't mean they are imbeciles. It's just the way it is that most people believe what they believe because they've been told so. It would be a genetic fallacy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_fallacy) to make a conclusion about the existence of non-existence of a deity based on that observation though.

jrollaneres25
Jun 28th, 2011, 06:16 AM
YES!

And His Son JESUS!:worship::worship::worship::worship:

Brett.
Jun 30th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Hell Fucking NO!