PDA

View Full Version : Hollister and Superdry...

Certinfy
Jun 22nd, 2011, 11:15 PM
I'm 20 and basically I've seen a lot of teenagers and even some young adults wearing these so called 'designer' stuff.

Anyway can someone explain to me what's so good about these stuff? I've only started hearing of these 2 brands not so long ago and I've been into both their stores and both sell utter shit overpriced stuff for my liking, so basically can someone explain to me what's so 'designer', fashionable or anything about them?

I just wouldn't want to be seen wearing that stuff, I mean if I wanted to show off to others I would be wearing like Lacoste, D&G or whatever, not this crap. Just teenage hype or something?

Sean.
Jun 23rd, 2011, 12:12 AM
The appeal is their clothes are really fashionable at the moment. They're 'middle range' designer clothes than are marketed at young adults & teens, and are affordable to those who wouldn't normally be able to afford designer brands. If they're not to your taste, that's a different matter.

Why is spending a lot of money on 'Lacoste & D&G' acceptable, but not Hollister/Abercrombie? I don't see the difference. In fact Hollister is comparatively quite cheap.

Mary Cherry.
Jun 23rd, 2011, 12:14 AM
Hollister is just mini Abercrombie. I like it because I get discount :oh:

Sean.
Jun 23rd, 2011, 12:18 AM
Hollister is just mini Abercrombie. I like it because I get discount :oh:

Do you work there?

Mary Cherry.
Jun 23rd, 2011, 12:20 AM
Do you work there?

No but my brother is a night manager at one of the Hollister stores, he picks me a few things up :angel: Mostly old things that have just been taken off the shelves but that's even better 'cause it's even cheaper :lol:

Direwolf
Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:49 AM
I just wouldn't want to be seen wearing that stuff, I mean if I wanted to show off to others I would be wearing like Lacoste, D&G or whatever, not this crap. Just teenage hype or something?

They look really nice
nice fabric as well
classic designs.

That you could wear until youre in your 40s

Certinfy
Jun 23rd, 2011, 12:43 PM
Ah ok, thanks guys, I guess it's just not my thing. I mean I don't want to buy an item which says "Hollister" or whatever in such big writing on it, just not my thing.

nevetssllim
Jun 23rd, 2011, 04:09 PM
Their stuff isn't that expensive, especially compared to a lot of other brands on the market. :shrug: I like Superdry t-shirts because I simply find they fit me really well.

Certinfy
Jun 23rd, 2011, 05:39 PM
Oh and to the rep I got, Hollister has opened in Europe, so many stores in London already, and shopping in the dark? Not my thing.

Olórin
Jun 23rd, 2011, 11:02 PM
There are different levels of brands.
Something like Gorgio Armani, Chanel etc. would be luxury;
the next level down would be premium brands like Ted Baker, D&G
Abercrombie/Hollister and Superdry are a couple of rungs below that again, mid-price range and bottom rung designer, a little above high street.

But that's the appeal - aside from the whole in-fashion, frat element - "designer" brands at just above high-street prices.

Crazy Canuck
Jun 23rd, 2011, 11:46 PM
I've never really taken anybody who puts too much importance on labels all that seriously. They tend to be fairly basic, at best.

Vartan
Jun 24th, 2011, 03:53 AM
Their hoodies are amazing but that's pretty much it.

young_gunner913
Jun 24th, 2011, 05:13 AM
Hollister is scum of the Earth. It's not designer, it's trash.

Sean.
Jun 24th, 2011, 08:25 AM

It's funny because you have Bethanie in your sig. :oh:

young_gunner913
Jun 24th, 2011, 11:16 AM

And you have Justine. http://i54.tinypic.com/2hq6pn8.png

King Halep
Jun 24th, 2011, 11:32 AM
I've never really taken anybody who puts too much importance on labels all that seriously. They tend to be fairly basic, at best.

You are very sensible girl :)

Olórin
Jun 24th, 2011, 03:41 PM

And you have Justine. http://i54.tinypic.com/2hq6pn8.png

:hysteric:

Break My Rapture
Jun 25th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Superdry is Superexpensive.

I was in one of their stores with friends of mine, one of them bought a beach short (almost like hotpants but in swimwear fabric or something) for 40 euros. That's really costly for a small short like that.

ArturoAce.
Jun 25th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Hollister is overpriced and fug for the most part. Everthing is plaid, ripped, and tagged across with a huge Hollister logo . :hysteric:

Urban Outfitters is overpriced but it's nice stuff, H&M reasonable to cheap prices for great stuff also.