PDA

View Full Version : Any got Olympics tickets?

Monica_Rules
Jun 22nd, 2011, 10:45 AM
Just wondered if anyone else got tickets for 2012 and if so for what.

Got an e-mail today saying i have tickets to the Badminton and Rowing.

Not that happy really. Not sure i still want to go.

I'm going to try and get tickets to the hockey but i'll see how i feel

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 22nd, 2011, 11:37 AM
Badminton :eek: :yeah: Please go and help support the Malaysian team and other Commonwealth countries.:angel:

Sam L
Jun 22nd, 2011, 11:44 AM
I'm actually going to be in Europe during this time, and I'm going to especially make sure I'm not in London, England or anywhere near those islands.

I really don't like casually watching sports anymore except tennis obviously. But I'm not really interested in Olympic tennis either.

But good luck and have fun. :)

Monica_Rules
Jun 22nd, 2011, 05:24 PM
If i remember correctly the badminton day i have is the QF day so probably not gonna be any brits left so i'll have to decide who i want to support there

Rowing i better see a british gold medal

Destiny
Jun 22nd, 2011, 06:14 PM
Nothing soooooo unhappy about this :sobbing:

nevetssllim
Jun 23rd, 2011, 01:44 PM
I applied for so much and what did I get? Morning tickets for the athletics on the fourth day. Just heats and qualifying. :o I hope all of the casual fans who've whored up the tickets have a really sucky time. :angel:

Kart
Jun 23rd, 2011, 08:29 PM
^ At least you got something.

I got nothing.

My London council taxes are funding the Olympics yet I can't attend any event :rolleyes:.

So much for London 2012 :mad:.

When it comes to next August, I'm taking a one month holiday and renting out my flat for extortionate amounts of money.

Which I will then use to fund someone to wipe that smug grin off Lord Coe's face.

Mary Cherry.
Jun 23rd, 2011, 08:47 PM
I applied for so much and what did I get? Morning tickets for the athletics on the fourth day. Just heats and qualifying. :o I hope all of the casual fans who've whored up the tickets have a really sucky time. :angel:

This. Except I got nothing :sobbing:

It's ridiculous how some people applied for 10s of thousands of £s worth of tickets, and now they're complaining they have to cough up thousands of pounds :o Yet the majority who probably only applied for a couple of things (the sensible ones) got nothing.

But don't worry - we get first dibs on the leftovers :facepalm:

Monica_Rules
Jun 23rd, 2011, 11:08 PM
Well i kind of cheated and did 2 applications so i count as someone who didn't get any tickets so i can get more tomorrow :lol:

Sean.
Jun 23rd, 2011, 11:47 PM
Not that happy really. Not sure i still want to go.

Don't complain, I applied for a lot and got nothing.

But I know of people that got loads! Very unfair. :rolleyes:

So much for a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Sean.
Jun 23rd, 2011, 11:49 PM
Well i kind of cheated and did 2 applications so i count as someone who didn't get any tickets so i can get more tomorrow :lol:

:rolleyes: Or maybe you could leave them for those that didn't get tickets? [/bitter]

NeeemZ
Jun 24th, 2011, 03:15 AM
Is this gonna be the same as previous Olympics where they say that everything's sold out but we get fed pictures of empty stadiums like in Athens?

Monica_Rules
Jun 25th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Could well be. But most of the empty seats will be due to corporate tickets not general sales ones

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 26th, 2011, 11:28 AM
I got 2 sessions of womens Volleyball :drool:
Applied for tennis,athletics, swimming and few others so :(

Maria rocks
Jun 26th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Yeah for football. Not happy as wanted the tennis.

Andreas
Jun 26th, 2011, 08:00 PM
I didn't get anything, and I applied for pretty much every tennis court and ground pass there was.

Mary Cherry.
Jun 26th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Didn't bother with the leftovers. I remember reading something about people who didn't want their tickets being able to give them up and sell them on to someone else :scratch: Hopefully that's still the plan.

Kart
Jun 26th, 2011, 10:57 PM
I'm still really angry about my lack of tickets.

Where I live is going to be overrun with tourists and public transport is going to be a nightmare for ages.

I blame Boris for everything.

Elisse
Jun 26th, 2011, 11:04 PM
I live in London and got sod all :sad: My Mum and about 8 other British friends I know also got zero too... :sad:

Only people I know who got tickets were non-British...and they still weren't satisfied that they didn't get all they wanted :o

Try living in London, paying higher council taxes etc and still getting NO tickets....... :sad:

Elisse
Jun 26th, 2011, 11:08 PM
^ At least you got something.

I got nothing.

My London council taxes are funding the Olympics yet I can't attend any event :rolleyes:.

So much for London 2012 :mad:.

When it comes to next August, I'm taking a one month holiday and renting out my flat for extortionate amounts of money.

Which I will then use to fund someone to wipe that smug grin off Lord Coe's face.

I'm in London too and also no tickets, soooo angry about it! :o :sad: In fact, I don't know anyone from London who got any tickets...disgraceful!!!

Sean.
Jun 27th, 2011, 12:15 AM
I'm in London too and also no tickets, soooo angry about it! :o :sad:

Ditto!