PDA

View Full Version : Green Mile Actor, 51, Marries 16-Year-Old Aspiring Country Singer;

Serenita
Jun 21st, 2011, 09:53 PM
Green Mile Actor, 51, Marries 16-Year-Old Aspiring Country Singer; Says "True Love Can Be Ageless"

Mon., Jun. 20, 2011 8:55 AM PDT by Marcus Mulick (http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/index.jsp?author=marcus+mulick)
http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2011520//425.Hutchison.Stodden.tg.062011.jpg
Hollywood has seen its fair share of odd couplings, but this one is so out there even the newlyweds know it's a little weird.
Doug Hutchison, a character actor best known for roles in The Green Mile, Lost and The X-Files, married aspiring country singer Courtney Alexis Stodden on May 20 in Las Vegas.
He is 51. She is 16.
Is there something fishy about it? In an exclusive statement to E! News, the couple insists there's not.
With Stodden, a former beauty pageant queen (she was in the running for Miss Teen Washington USA (http://www.misswashingtonusa.com/contestants.php?page=1&pageant=mt&year=2010) last year), trying to position herself (http://www.courtneystodden.com/) as a potential Nashville star, you might think there's more to the story than middle-age actor marrying pretty teenager (and that's a lot of story, itself). However, the newlyweds tell us they're just mad about each other.
"We're aware that our vast age difference is extremely controversial," the couple said through their spokeswoman.
"But we're very much in love and want to get the message out there that true love can be ageless."
What do you think?

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b248227_green_mile_actor_51_marries_16-year-old.html#ixzz1PwxPU6Kw

:help:

That's disgusting!

LeRoy.
Jun 21st, 2011, 10:01 PM
16 is legal in Las Vegas?

Serenita
Jun 21st, 2011, 10:19 PM
16 is legal in Las Vegas?
On my island you can get married at the tender age of 14, but you need the consent of both parents. I think it's the same in the USA.

*JR*
Jun 21st, 2011, 10:24 PM
Well, the German actor (who played a private detective) :tape: in this long forthcoming book called The White Mile married some naive Suisse tennis player in late 2003, after her money kept his crooked ass out of jail for Financial Fraud a year earlier. :devil:

Certinfy
Jun 21st, 2011, 11:21 PM
Love can be ageless? :lol: I mean to a limit it's okay, but to this extent. :help: :tape:

Helen Lawson
Jun 21st, 2011, 11:35 PM
That dude was on Lost.

Chick looks way older than 16.

antonella
Jun 21st, 2011, 11:36 PM
She found someone to do her homework for her.

wateva
Jun 22nd, 2011, 12:14 AM
she looks 36.

harloo
Jun 22nd, 2011, 01:04 AM
SMH. If this was my sister dude would seriously be getting a cap in his ass. You're to damn old to be marrying a 16 year old.:mad:

KournikovaFan91
Jun 22nd, 2011, 01:52 AM
SMH. If this was my sister dude would seriously be getting a cap in his ass. You're to damn old to be marrying a 16 year old.:mad:

Does you sister not have the freedom to make her own decisions???

Seriously she looks way older than 16.

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 22nd, 2011, 02:05 AM
teen pageant queen wannabes usually look older than they do.:p
and that guy don't look 51 in that pic too.:unsure:

skanky~skanketta
Jun 22nd, 2011, 02:22 AM
That's more than 3 times her age! Gross.

Infiniti2001
Jun 22nd, 2011, 02:34 AM
I think this is totally wrong, but her parents gave consent :o and it's not like they're cousins :tape::help:

Daniel K
Jun 22nd, 2011, 02:43 AM
Looking at that picture I thought the ages were the other way around...

égalité
Jun 22nd, 2011, 04:17 AM
oh, that's gross :D

Mistress of Evil
Jun 22nd, 2011, 05:08 AM
ewwwwww :hysteric: Granny much :help: He is a total peddo, and she seems to be a necrophile :tape: so in the end, they deserve each other :sobbing:

DaMamaJama87
Jun 22nd, 2011, 05:20 AM
Why all the ill wishes? They seem happy and committed.

Specter
Jun 22nd, 2011, 05:45 AM
Why marry a 16-year-old when she looks like she's 40? That's like buying a Lamborghini Gallardo that fell off a cliff.

homogenius
Jun 22nd, 2011, 11:51 AM
She doesn't look like 16 at all :confused:
Anyway, Richard and Lakeisha are not impressed :

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Richard+Williams+Lakeisha+Graham+2010+Open+_Osb4fG mC5dl.jpg

Certinfy
Jun 22nd, 2011, 12:00 PM
I'm starting to think this might be fake, looks no where near 16.

Super Dave
Jun 22nd, 2011, 02:13 PM
http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/df36451b-5ede-43be-9077-7c83534029d6.jpg

Beat
Jun 22nd, 2011, 02:39 PM
Anyway, Richard and Lakeisha are not impressed :

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Richard+Williams+Lakeisha+Graham+2010+Open+_Osb4fG mC5dl.jpg

touché!

Apoleb
Jun 22nd, 2011, 04:01 PM
Why all the ill wishes? They seem happy and committed.

Oh, DaMamaJama posting the only liberal response in this thread. :oh:

Anyway, I'm assuming they are of legal age, so this is a non-issue. I don't see why people need to concern themselves with this, especially that they know nothing about the inside of their relationship. There are better things to worry about

Beat
Jun 22nd, 2011, 04:06 PM
Anyway, I'm assuming they are of legal age, so this is a non-issue. I don't see why people need to concern themselves with this, especially that they know nothing about the inside of their relationship. There are better things to worry about

listen up, people, and post from now on only threads concerning human rights, world peace and global warming.

moby
Jun 22nd, 2011, 04:12 PM
They both look like they are in their 30s/40s anyway. Whatever.

Why marry a 16-year-old when she looks like she's 40? That's like buying a Lamborghini Gallardo that fell off a cliff.
Too. Good.

Apoleb
Jun 22nd, 2011, 04:14 PM
listen up, people, and post from now on only threads concerning human rights, world peace and global warming.

No, people, just squeeze your noses into the private affairs of individuals, making harsh judgments along the way about people you know nothing about.

Does that sound better? :D

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 22nd, 2011, 07:56 PM
Huh? She looks 30.

pov
Jun 22nd, 2011, 08:40 PM
That's disgusting!
So . . . . when two people of legal age of the same sex want to get married it's something to support BUT
when two people of legal age with a wide(very) difference in their ages get married it's disgusting?

Okay, I get it now.

pov
Jun 22nd, 2011, 08:43 PM
http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2011520//425.Hutchison.Stodden.tg.062011.jpg

If this is the couple, he looks younger than her. :confused:

DaMamaJama87
Jun 22nd, 2011, 08:44 PM
So . . . . when two people of legal age of the same sex want to get married it's something to support BUT
when two people of legal age with a wide(very) difference in their ages get married it's disgusting?

Okay, I get it now.

:lol: you hit the nail right on the head. The people judging this couple are the very same who scream that rules around marriage should be loosened. :tape:

Pops Maellard
Jun 23rd, 2011, 07:18 AM
Eww! :help::tape:

Pops Maellard
Jun 23rd, 2011, 07:22 AM
Doug Hutchison always looked young for his age. He was 39 when he played Percy (who was like in his early 20s) in the Green Mile and I'd never have believed it. :eek:

That said this is gross. :help:

moby
Jun 23rd, 2011, 08:22 AM

Okay, I get it now.These are not even the same issues. You can find something disgusting, but still support its legality.

Personally the most disturbing thing about this piece of news is how old she looks.

Apoleb
Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:41 AM
These are not even the same issues. You can find something disgusting, but still support its legality.

Personally the most disturbing thing about this piece of news is how old she looks.

Yeah, cause acceptance of homosexuality is all about legalizing gay marriage.

These are very good comparisons. The whole point is not to judge generally eccentric relationships just because they don't fly with you.

moby
Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:13 AM
Yeah, cause acceptance of homosexuality is all about legalizing gay marriage.

These are very good comparisons. The whole point is not to judge generally eccentric relationships just because they don't fly with you.Oh, come on. You know as well as I do that pov and DMmJm do not subscribe to whatever "point" being made. They are guilty of the same kind of inconsistency they are trying to point out. Except probably worse, because last time I checked, no one in this thread has insinuated that this marriage should be made illegal.

They are the ones confounding legality with social acceptance. Not me.

I don't appreciate people "judging" this relationship, but I like even less that the mere fact that there are people judging it is used as ammunition against support for gay marriage. It doesn't even make sense. Anyway, judgment is an inherent part of our interactions with the world - the idea is not to be obnoxious about it. If we were to stop judging, why stop at eccentric relationships? For instance, I'm totally judging this girl's looks. But that's another topic.

Apoleb
Jun 23rd, 2011, 02:32 PM
Oh, come on. You know as well as I do that pov and DMmJm do not subscribe to whatever "point" being made. They are guilty of the same kind of inconsistency they are trying to point out. Except probably worse, because last time I checked, no one in this thread has insinuated that this marriage should be made illegal.

They are the ones confounding legality with social acceptance. Not me.
I don't appreciate people "judging" this relationship, but I like even less that the mere fact that there are people judging it is used as ammunition against support for gay marriage. It doesn't even make sense

I took pov's "support" not necessarily restricted to accepting a legalization of marriage, but to endorse the relationship (I'm probably giving him too credit here). There's an inconsistency, and it was correct to point it out, and if it was used as ammunition against gay marriage, it was done very implicitely and the point is too non-sensical to merit attention and detracts from a bigger and more important point.

The root of homophobia is when people judge the relationship in negative terms. And it's exactly what's being done in this thread to another form of a relationship that involves two consenting adults, which really moves the discussion into the territory of the anti-gay folk. It's then valid to argue on their own terms about the validity of relationships: how natural is it, and bla bla.

. Anyway, judgment is an inherent part of our interactions with the world - the idea is not to be obnoxious about it. If we were to stop judging, why stop at eccentric relationships? For instance, I'm totally judging this girl's looks. But that's another topic.

You're right that "judgment is an inherent part.." but instead of judgment I would use "preference". Instead of pointing out obnoxiousness as a parameter, which I think is too vague, I would suggest objectivity/subjectivity of our assessments. In some forms of assessments, we acknolwedge that ours is equally (in)valid as any other being made and there's no absolute one/correct way and that it's only tied and related to our subjective experience, and in another form we can assume that there is a positive/right way in the abstract and absolute sense. That also sets the difference between judging relationships and looks when it's done in the common way: there's alot of the latter type than the former when it comes to relationships, primarily because there's a lot less personal agency and a lot more abstraction. It's the difference between "I don't like to be in this kind of relationship" and "this relationship is gross".

hablo
Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:39 PM
Eww.

young_gunner913
Jun 24th, 2011, 01:20 AM
It's sad her parents pimped her off.

geoepee
Jun 24th, 2011, 04:35 PM
LOL :D this is ridiculous. So homosexuality and gay marriage rights are equal to the feelings someone has about a 51 marrying a 16 year old? :lol: I don't think anyone here is denying the rights of the young girl to marry this older man, or are against the legality of it all. Where does this connection or comparison come about? What's next, interracial marriage?

Apoleb
Jun 24th, 2011, 10:50 PM
LOL :D this is ridiculous. So homosexuality and gay marriage rights are equal to the feelings someone has about a 51 marrying a 16 year old? :lol: I don't think anyone here is denying the rights of the young girl to marry this older man, or are against the legality of it all. Where does this connection or comparison come about? What's next, interracial marriage?

Same remark to moby: gay rights or the rights of any relationship do not stop at legality. This is what is ridiculous. Just because you approve of the legality of the relationship doesn't mean you approve of the relationship per se. When you judge the relationship in negative terms, regardless of whether you approve of it legally or not, you're creating social stigma, which is as much of an issue if not more than the issue of legality. Legality is only one SMALL part of the fight for acceptance. If a person approves of gay marriage and still treats a homosexual relationship that he/she is not involved in in negative terms, he's still a homophobe. Why don't people translate this into this situation is beyond me.

As for the connection: it's pretty simple. It's a connection of you not wanting to be in this kind of relationship and judging this kind of relationship involving other people in negative terms. They are intimately connected. The mere fact that people don't understand it make them create social stigma and negativity around it. It's exactly the same issue facing homosexuals by straight people and the root of homophobia. It's hypocritical, I think, and certainly disappointing that you get the response that you do by mostly gay members.

brickhousesupporter
Jun 26th, 2011, 01:34 AM
Doug Hutchison always looked young for his age. He was 39 when he played Percy (who was like in his early 20s) in the Green Mile and I'd never have believed it. :eek:

That said this is gross. :help:
I always thought Percy was gay......Edward Delacroix......electricity shall pass through your body till you are dead.

*Nefertiti*
Jun 26th, 2011, 10:10 PM
creepy

Pops Maellard
Jul 24th, 2011, 03:41 AM
uiIwodrnW9g

#1SteffiGraf#1
Jul 24th, 2011, 03:53 AM
Looking at that picture I thought the ages were the other way around...

Same here! Wtf! He has no wrinkles, short like a teen, 16 year old douchebag hair cut...and she looks alot older than 16! :eek:

Haha, this had me fooled! :lol:

ElusiveChanteuse
Jul 24th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Oh so he was that actor in Green Mile?:eek: I also think he looks quite young for his age. He was 39 at the time he acted in Green Mile? I also thought he was just 20++.:speakles:

jrm
Jul 24th, 2011, 11:13 AM
publicity stunt for both of them

young_gunner913
Jul 24th, 2011, 11:33 AM
She looks like the plastic surgery, real house wife version of Ke$ha. :crying2:

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 24th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Great posts by Apoleb throughout this thread. :yeah:

Admittedly, 16 is a very young age to get married it is true. But as humans we all mature at different rates and this girl does seem to have grown up quite quickly. At the end of the day if both individuals are happy and the marriage works for them, then I say good for them.

Pops Maellard
Jul 24th, 2011, 12:28 PM
She looks like the plastic surgery, real house wife version of Ke$ha. :crying2:
I was thinking in that vid she reminded me of Kesha. :lol:

winone23
Jul 24th, 2011, 07:24 PM
creepy

agree