PDA

View Full Version : Proof that the wta needs Serena!

tennnisfannn
Jun 21st, 2011, 02:25 PM
Pironkova and now Rezai both had accomplished zilch in a log while, they play serena and ola' they find their games.

joćo.
Jun 21st, 2011, 02:26 PM
Serena :o

Lachy
Jun 21st, 2011, 02:27 PM
Yes Aravane :lol:

DragonFlame
no worries, serena will find her serve in this set. I“m sure of it.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Aravane will fall apart. I mean, she can turn into an error-machine in one snap of a finger. Hopefully.

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 21st, 2011, 02:30 PM
I wonder why Serena let them dictate her.:lol:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Jun 21st, 2011, 02:31 PM
Of course Aravane plays her first good match of the year against Serena. :facepalm: Also "Rezai" is trending worldwide on Twitter. :facepalm:

Dave.
Jun 21st, 2011, 02:33 PM
.....and yet, if Rezai were to win, it would be because Serena beat herself? :scratch:

For the record, the only other top player Rezai played this year is Jankovic, who she beat. It's no secret that players generally play better when they're playing better players. Why people think this is exclusive to Serena is beyond me.

There's plenty of proof that the WTA needs Serena, but the idea that everyone raises their level or tries harder against her and nobody else is silly.

Frontin
Jun 21st, 2011, 02:34 PM
Lol if Serena loses this, I'm predicting 3rd straight GS final for Na.

Setsuna.
Jun 21st, 2011, 02:34 PM
What is shocking to me that Rena's 1st serve % was 71 in the 2nd set but she managed to lose the set.:tape:

TZVETI83
Jun 21st, 2011, 02:35 PM
Rezai and Pironkova are both really talented players with lots of top ten scalps, its that they are both inconsistant messes, WTA needs Serena for much more important reasons.

Chunchun
Jun 21st, 2011, 03:20 PM
Scrubs always bring our their A+ game when playing against a played named Williams :shrug:

Serenita
Jun 21st, 2011, 04:03 PM
.....and yet, if Rezai were to win, it would be because Serena beat herself? :scratch:

For the record, the only other top player Rezai played this year is Jankovic, who she beat. It's no secret that players generally play better when they're playing better players. Why people think this is exclusive to Serena is beyond me.

There's plenty of proof that the WTA needs Serena, but the idea that everyone raises their level or tries harder against her and nobody else is silly.

Calling Jankovic a top player, just really dismisses your argument. Beating Janko isn't a hard thing to do these day's.

Smitten
Jun 21st, 2011, 04:12 PM

It actually isn't. Girls relish playing Serena to see where they measure up because Serena is the standard. They're extra motivated to try their best and there is no pressure on them because no one expects them to win which allows them to swing freely.

JN
Jun 21st, 2011, 07:45 PM

Raising your play to Serena levels, as opposed to Jankovic levels, requires you to bring 2-3 more duffel bags full of heart to the court.