PDA

View Full Version : No wimbledon coverage in the Netherlands?

DragonFlame
Jun 20th, 2011, 08:16 PM
I've been switching channels all day and there's no wimbledon coverage at all...
Since eurosport doesn't have the rights for it wimbledon always gets broadcasted on channels like RTL5... Today, nothing. :speakles:

I find it so wierd... We can't follow wimbledon anymore?:confused:

Anyone dutch here that knows what's up?

GoofyDuck
Jun 20th, 2011, 08:28 PM
No, it always was on net 5 the past years...

You could watch every court on their internetsite like the eurosport player for free..

Now all we have is NOS which didn't show anything today..

Though at school I heard they will show some at NOS.. but mostly it will be streams I guess :facepalm:

I also heard that Sport 1 got all the rights in the Netherlands but you need to pay for that channel.. :o:

Serenita
Jun 20th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Why is this an issue, ddon't you have the BBC?

GoofyDuck
Jun 20th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Well probably I do.. :rolleyes:

But i just miss being able to watch a doubles match on court 15...

Wolkenvanger
Jun 20th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Who cares, BBC coverage is much better anyway.

As for your question... I have no idea. The last couple of years it was broadcast by Net5, but that one seems to be out of contention... Then again, Flemish TV doesn't have any Wimbly coverage either.

DragonFlame
Jun 20th, 2011, 08:59 PM

As for your question... I have no idea. The last couple of years it was broadcast by Net5, but that one seems to be out of contention... Then again, Flemish TV doesn't have any Wimbly coverage either.

canvas was broadcasting the wickmayer match for a while...

but other then that. :o

Guess it´s only bbc now... such a shame. The most historic tennistournament with the worst coverage. :lol:

Haimar
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:01 PM

Yes we do, we have exactly 10 matches then can broadcast :lol: The first was Wickmayer vs. Lepchenko :rolleyes: