PDA

View Full Version : Chrissy and Pam in the booth for the first time this fortnight

DefyingGravity
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:25 PM
They are actually enjoyable to watch! It's very relaxing, and I forgot how Chrissy has such a soft voice.

sluggahjells
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Dam, beat me too it.........They are already giving Mary Carillo and Martina run for their money.

duhcity
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Anything with Pam Shriver is amazing.

I'd really like them to just stick her in the booth by herself one day and see how she commentates.

saul1333
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:29 PM
I like how Pam is making fun of her hair back then.

Nice team

sluggahjells
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:33 PM

I'd really like them to just stick her in the booth by herself one day and see how she commentates.

If ESPN was smart, they could do what the NBA on TNT did with Barkley for Shriver and Evert.......They have great, fun personalities that could easily get a fan base outside of tennis.

DefyingGravity
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:39 PM

At a Roland Garros in the mid 2000's they stuck Mary Joe and Pam in women's matches back to back days completely by themselves. They were much more like the BBC/Eurosport counterparts and tended to be much more silent.

sluggahjells
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:46 PM
What I always liked about Pam and Chris as commentators is that they commentate on the match.............And same with even Tracy Austin sometimes. They don't do the sappy cliche' storytelling about a player's life for the 100th time, or even if they do it, they move on, and get right back to the match.

ACEof DIAMONDS
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:58 PM
They play off of each other very well.

supergrunt
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Too much reminiscing.

Mistress of Evil
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:00 PM
they are amaze :hearts: I like them :D

sluggahjells
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Too much reminiscing.

Not too bad at all though, and sometimes, the viewer needs that, especially from an all time legend in Evert, as well as a great doubles and very respectable singles player.

They know the game, and I rather have that then shaky, clumsy announcing from Ted Robinson.

DefyingGravity
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:32 PM
^^ This.

supergrunt
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Well Ted Robinson is horrid so I don't think that's a fair comparison :lol: .

faboozadoo15
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:44 PM
I like both of them too. Anything with Pam is good stuff. She has a great sense of humor. I like Chris's voice.

MG1
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:45 PM
These two are awesome together.. I'm actually enjoying the commentary for a change :yeah:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 20th, 2011, 05:11 PM
:lol: @ Chrissie saying Capriati got some bad line calls in the 2004 US Open and Serena won the match :lol:

supergrunt
Jun 20th, 2011, 05:12 PM
She shouldn't reference a match she clearly is not familiar with.

sluggahjells
Mandatory requirement for ESPN:

Cahill-Gilbert for the men, Shriver-Evert for the women.

sluggahjells
:lol: @ Chrissie saying Capriati got some bad line calls in the 2004 US Open and Serena won the match :lol:

She loves J-Cap all the way to the end still :)

DefyingGravity
Jun 20th, 2011, 05:13 PM

Can't win them all...better than the famous Russian player Daniela Hantuchova...heard that on an international live stream. Or remember Ana Ivanovic...you remember how she played in a swimming pool and called the club when she saw Monica Seles win the French Open?

supergrunt
Jun 20th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Mandatory requirement for ESPN:

Cahill-Gilbert for the men, Shriver-Evert for the women.

Wasn't he the one who was SO convinced that Venus was wearing grass court shoes during the French Open that he went to the tournament director just to find out he was dead wrong :tape: ?