PDA

View Full Version : 'Huge history geek' crowned Miss USA 2011

Shadowcat
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Congratulations to Miss California, Alyssa Campanella for winning the 2011 Miss USA pageant! :cheer: What do you guys think? Who should win? Personally I thought that Texas was going to win the crown...pretty surprising that she is the 4th runner-up. :confused:

After revealing on the show that she was a "huge history geek" with a special interest in the Tudor and Stuart periods, Campanella added that her favorite monarch was Mary, Queen of Scots, who was beheaded in 1587.

She won the crown despite giving a muddled answer when a judge asked her whether marijuana should be legalized in California.

Alyssa - "Well, I understand why that question would be asked, especially with today's economy, but I also understand that medical marijuana is very important to help those who need it medically," she said. "I'm not sure if it should be legalized, if it would really affect, with the drug war. I mean, it's abused today, unfortunately, so that's the only reason why I would kind of be a little bit against it, but medically it's OK."

Miss USA 2011 - Crowning Moment:

http:///www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPBB1GkQOpQ

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:13 PM
I like her, has seen some photos of her, she has that winner look to her. Should do well in the MU.
Texas is slightly overrated.:shrug: She will lose to the Latinos if she were to win Miss USA.
I read Florida did pretty well during the preliminaries but she wasn't in the top 15?:speakles:
Alabama was involved in a freak car accident before and had scars on her limbs especially.:speakles: :worship:
Tennesse has that bitchy look on her.:lol: Luckily she didn't win.:p

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:16 PM
and I actually like her answer, she did acknowledge the benefits of marijuana at least. Some people may not know about it.:shrug:

Shadowcat
Jun 20th, 2011, 05:17 PM
I like her, has seen some photos of her, she has that winner look to her. Should do well in the MU.
Texas is slightly overrated.:shrug: She will lose to the Latinos if she were to win Miss USA.
I read Florida did pretty well during the preliminaries but she wasn't in the top 15?:speakles:
Alabama was involved in a freak car accident before and had scars on her limbs especially.:speakles: :worship:
Tennesse has that bitchy look on her.:lol: Luckily she didn't win.:p

First of all, starting from this year onwards they include one more contestants into the quarterfinal. So instead of the usual top 15, it is now top 16 followed by top 8 and top 4. Florida did in fact get into the top 16. Here she is in the swimsuit competition:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjAgBNHtns8

And I'm not liking the new system, I think the old one is better.