PDA

View Full Version : Players doing the dirty work for your faves

Leo St
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:34 AM
as i was looking at the draw of wimbledon i was thinking wow.. wouldnt be bad if someone got zvonareva before her meeting with still rusty venus in that early stage

then i started wondering.. were there times when you think your fave was reeeally helped/only won a title because of a huge upset?

of the top of my head i can think venus wimbledon 2007 marion taking henin down and preventing the big final. i like to think venus would still win it but it could obviously go either way

Graftard
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:36 AM
I never hope for some mug to upset a dangerous player to help my favorite. Because I have faith in my favorites.

So Disrespectful
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:38 AM
Not a fave, but Stosur did all the work for Schiavone at RG last year taking out Henin, Serena and Jankovic. :lol:

Leo St
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:38 AM
hahahaha well remembered

fifty-fifty
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:40 AM
as i was looking at the draw of wimbledon i was thinking wow.. i hope somebody gets zvonareva before her meeting with venus

then i started wondering.. were there times when you think your fave was reeeally helped/only won a title because of a huge upset?

of the top of my head i can think venus wimbledon 2007 marion taking henin down and preventing the big final. i like to think venus would still win it but it could obviously go either way

Maybe Pironkova can do it. Oh wait a minute...

Leo St
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:42 AM
I never hope for some mug to upset a dangerous player to help my favorite. Because I have faith in my favorites.

its not about not having faith or anything.. its just that to win a grand slam its well known that everything must go right for you and sometimes that means avoiding bad match ups early.. i think zvonarevas playing too consistent for venus to clear the rust till then.. such an early round.. i wouldnt mind the clash in later stages when shes already on, thats just it

Jarl_02
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:44 AM
I think Azarenka retiring against Sharapova in Rome and I think it was Stanford 2007 Chakvetadze defeated Venus Williams in the semis and then lost to Sharapova

Graftard
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:00 AM
its not about not having faith or anything.. its just that to win a grand slam its well known that everything must go right for you and sometimes that means avoiding bad match ups early.. i think zvonarevas playing too consistent for venus to clear the rust till then.. such an early round.. i wouldnt mind the clash in later stages when shes already on, thats just it

:lol:

Bepa shouldn't be a threat to Venus on grass. She can't even serve properly.

Leo St
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:11 AM
:lol:

Bepa shouldn't be a threat to Venus on grass. She can't even serve properly.

haha i hope youre right my friend.. but this girl really grew up on me.. i respect her a lot these days

CloudAtlas
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:18 AM
Initially I thought that Oudin did the hard work for Woz at the US Open by taking out Dementieva, Sharapova and Petrova but now I doubt she would have lost to any of them that year anyway. Since August 2009 Woz's record against all 3 of them on hard courts collectively has been 8-0 :tape:

Alejandrawrrr
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:30 AM
What came to mind immediately was indeed Bart beating Henin at the Wimb Semis.

Mikey.
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:39 AM
JJ did for Maria Jose at Rome last year. :lol:

DefyingGravity
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:50 AM
Umm...Safina at the 2008 Roland Garros...she took out Sharapova, Dementieva, and Kuznetsova...every single person that would have most likely beaten Ana in the final...only to mentally collapse.

Pironkova did the entire Wimbledon draw a huge favor last year.

Safina got a huge thank you from Kuznetsova, who took out Serena and Stosur before reaching the F at the RG 2009...only to lose badly, haha.

Radwanska opening up the 2007 USO bottom half made it possible for....Chakvetadze and Kuznetsova to play each other.

Roookie
Jun 20th, 2011, 05:01 AM
JJ took Serena out for Masha in AO 2008 :lol:. Yes..Pova was in form but we all know how Serena likes to play against her :angel:

young_gunner913
Jun 20th, 2011, 05:06 AM
Stosur beating Serena, Henin and Jelena only to get outclassed by Fransexa in the RG finals. :lol::worship:

In The Zone
Jun 20th, 2011, 06:01 AM
First initial thought was Capriati defeating Serena in the 2004 USO quarterfinals. Any doubt Serena would have won the title at the time? Nope.

ReboundAce
Jun 20th, 2011, 06:09 AM

Umm...Safina at the 2008 Roland Garros...she took out Sharapova, Dementieva, and Kuznetsova...every single person that would have most likely beaten Ana in the final...only to mentally collapse.

Pironkova did the entire Wimbledon draw a huge favor last year.

Safina got a huge thank you from Kuznetsova, who took out Serena and Stosur before reaching the F at the RG 2009...only to lose badly, haha.

Radwanska opening up the 2007 USO bottom half made it possible for....Chakvetadze and Kuznetsova to play each other.

This :)

ReboundAce
Jun 20th, 2011, 06:10 AM
JJ took Serena out for Masha in AO 2008 :lol:. Yes..Pova was in form but we all know how Serena likes to play against her :angel:

I guess we'll never know what would have happened if they played together in the semis :confused:

Mistress of Evil
Jun 20th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Not a fave, but Stosur did all the work for Schiavone at RG last year taking out Henin, Serena and Jankovic. :lol:
yeap, that's the definition of the thread :bowdown:

Beating the WS in a row only to lose to MJMS in str8 sets :rolls:
First initial thought was Capriati defeating Serena in the 2004 USO quarterfinals. Any doubt Serena would have won the title at the time? Nope.

Practically, in this case Mariana Alves did the dirty work, not Capriati :spit: so this match is an example for a whole new topic "Chair-umpires/linesmen robbing players for the good of your faves " :lol:

Sp!ffy
Jun 20th, 2011, 06:56 AM

The only person she did a favor there was Serena by saving her from an annihilation. :wavey:

Leo St
Jun 20th, 2011, 12:05 PM
yeap, that's the definition of the thread :bowdown:

Beating the WS in a row only to lose to MJMS in str8 sets :rolls:

Practically, in this case Mariana Alves did the dirty work, not Capriati :spit: so this match is an example for a whole new topic "Chair-umpires/linesmen robbing players for the good of your faves " :lol:

HAHAHA