PDA

View Full Version : Amy Winehose shocks again.

Just Do It
Jun 19th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Amy Winehouse, who has suffered through problems related to drugs and alcohol, has been away from the global spotlight so long she must be getting better, right? No? Late Saturday the Grammy-winning singer was booed during a concert in Serbia’s capital city of Belgrade. And did we mention this was the kickoff to her European tour? Sigh. This likely means an even longer wait before we get to see her in the states again, if we ever do. Serbian media roasted the performance, which took place before 20,000 fans who had paid hefty ticket prices to get in. The Blic daily said the concert was “the worst in the history of Belgrade” which is doubly depressing since Winehouse, when she’s on her game, is one of the best singers in the world, let alone Serbia.

A representative for Winehouse didn’t immediately return a request for comment.

Here’s a clip from the reportedly aborted concert:

E0ZDMf6DTvk
:speakles:

Just Do It
Jun 19th, 2011, 08:36 PM
You should check her singing Valerie.:help:

1tZAcjyhoSE
1:58 - 2:06 YOU CAN DO IT LOVE :bigcry:

Root
Jun 19th, 2011, 09:01 PM
I'll never understand why people spend small fortune to see this woman live.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 19th, 2011, 09:03 PM
What did i just see :eek: That was truly a sad sight :awww: . Needless to say, she needs an intervention before it's too late :help:

ce
Jun 19th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Yea, thank God i didnt pay money to see that :tape:
And i wanted to :spit:

Certinfy
Jun 19th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Oh Lord :haha:

ivanban
Jun 19th, 2011, 10:38 PM
They tried to make me go to rehab, I said, "No, no, no" :cuckoo: :facepalm:

Mynarco
Jun 19th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Oh my.

debopero
Jun 19th, 2011, 10:50 PM
She is such a wasted talent :sobbing: .

Safe-From-Harm
Jun 19th, 2011, 11:10 PM
I still can`t decide is this for laugh or cry.

Blu€
Jun 19th, 2011, 11:13 PM
I'm surprised she hasn't OD'ed to death...

Mary Cherry.
Jun 19th, 2011, 11:25 PM
I'd be more shocked if she managed to pull off a gig where she got through every song, singing 50% of the words.

This? Expected. Sad, but not surprising.

harloo
Jun 19th, 2011, 11:37 PM
So sad. She's better than Adele by miles.

Drake1980
Jun 20th, 2011, 12:16 AM
OMFG! :eek:

delicatecutter
Jun 20th, 2011, 12:26 AM
So unprofessional to just stand there like a crazy person. :sobbing:

Ciarán
Jun 20th, 2011, 02:07 AM
I don't find it funny at all. This is absolutely tragic. I don't think we'll ever see album #3...poor Amy :tears: I feel like she's already a legend and over. Prove me wrong please Amy :sad:

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:17 AM
So sad. She's better than Adele by miles.

This. :'( She's better than Duffy and Joss Stone too.

delicatecutter
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:20 AM
She's better than Duffy. But not Adele nor Joss. I think some people confuse "tortured" with "talented".

It's not a wonder that people recently tried to kill Joss, and not Amy. Because people realize that Amy is already well on her way to killing herself. :sobbing:

Bismarck.
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:14 AM
She's better than Duffy. But not Adele nor Joss. I think some people confuse "tortured" with "talented".

It's not a wonder that people recently tried to kill Joss, and not Amy. Because people realize that Amy is already well on her way to killing herself. :sobbing:

Winehouse is far superior to Adele and Joss Stone combined. Call me when either make an album that's as good as Back To Black or Frank, both lyrically and vocally.

Bismarck.
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Actually, having said that, I'm not entirely convinced that she wrote material for the Back to Black album considering how much of a wreck she is.

moby
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:22 AM
I thought this was going to be about how she actually killed a performance, figuratively.

Well, at least she used to be a good singer.

young_gunner913
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Yeah, she was high as fuck. :lol:

It's going to really suck for her, when/if she ever gets sober and looks back on all of the videos of her performences when she's high as a kite acting like a moron and think what a waste of space.

Wigglytuff
Jun 20th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Shes a one hit wonder whose song was about how she won't go to rehab. She was never, even in her prime, a great singer, sorry. This is tragic but not unexpected.

Beat
Jun 20th, 2011, 10:02 AM
I'll never understand why people spend small fortune to see this woman live.

absolutely. it should be clear by now that she'll never get her act together again. such direspect towards the people who pay her, the musicians and - last, but not least - her very own talent is sickening.

young_gunner913
Jun 20th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Shes a one hit wonder whose song was about how she won't go to rehab. She was never, even in her prime, a great singer, sorry. This is tragic but not unexpected.

Um, you're fucking joke right? :lol: You're obvious hatred towards her speaks for your bias insult that she's not a great singer because even after a hit off a crack pipe, she's leagues above tons of pop princesses who are out now.

Avid Merrion
Jun 20th, 2011, 10:05 AM
absolutely. it should be clear by now that she'll never get her act together again. such direspect towards the people who pay her, the musicians and - last, but not least - her very own talent is sickening.

I'm convinced they go to see if she'll die on stage. Not metaphorically, but literally.

eck
Jun 20th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Well. At least she looked great? :o

Wigglytuff
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:30 AM
They tried to make me go to rehab, I said, "No, no, no" :cuckoo: :facepalm:

She is wasted out of her mind she needs rehab. I can't believe her handlers are letting her go out there like that.

Wigglytuff
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Um, you're fucking joke right? :lol: You're obvious hatred towards her speaks for your bias insult that she's not a great singer because even after a hit off a crack pipe, she's leagues above tons of pop princesses who are out now.

Hate? What? She ok but she was never "one of the greatest singers alive", nothing wring with being a one hit wonder most people never even get one hit. how do you get hate from that? I think maybe you need to put down the pipe too! :lol: :lol:

Lord Choc Ice
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Wonder who's worse - her or Whitney? :tape:

Betten
Jun 20th, 2011, 11:57 AM
This is sad. She definitely needs help.

Super Dave
Jun 20th, 2011, 01:15 PM
I really thought she had cleaned up since she's been out of the news so long. Should've known better.

young_gunner913
Jun 20th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Hate? What? She ok but she was never "one of the greatest singers alive", nothing wring with being a one hit wonder most people never even get one hit. how do you get hate from that? I think maybe you need to put down the pipe too! :lol: :lol:

Okay, but did I ever say she was? NO, I don't think so. I said she's a great singer and I stand by that. And honey, you need to put the pipe down and go back to looking for knock off Louis Vuitton bags.

mckyle.
Jun 20th, 2011, 01:53 PM
It's weird. She looks healthy, but she obviously is still getting high as a kite every night.

But to be honest, she was never known as a great performer. She's always done this "stand there and mumble a few words" thing, but that concert took it to an extreme level. I really think she's embarrassed because her voice is so awful now. Her voice is now deeper than most men's voices.

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 20th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Not really shocking tbh.:lol:

Beat
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:18 PM
nothing wring with being a one hit wonder most people never even get one hit.

describing amy winehouse as a "one hit wonder" when she in fact had one of the best selling ALBUMS of the past few years worldwide is a bit silly.

lestat111
Jun 20th, 2011, 05:13 PM
sad and weird..

King Halep
Jun 21st, 2011, 01:08 AM

sweety do yourself a favour and put that troll on ignore

KindaNice
Jun 21st, 2011, 01:37 AM
Its a real shame. This woman is so troubled and SO TALENTED. I sure hope she gets her act together. Say what you want...the woman can sing.

Wigglytuff
Jun 21st, 2011, 02:10 AM
describing amy winehouse as a "one hit wonder" when she in fact had one of the best selling ALBUMS of the past few years worldwide is a bit silly.

one hit wonders usually have very successful albums, but they have only one, thats why its a ONE hit wonder. can me silly when her next album becomes a hit.

ampers&
Jun 21st, 2011, 02:49 AM
Winehouse is far superior to Adele and Joss Stone combined. Call me when either make an album that's as good as Back To Black or Frank, both lyrically and vocally.
Agreed. And Joss is overrated but it's nothing compared to the nauseating and undeserved hype Adele receives. :help: Both of her albums were underwhelming and incredibly boring . And her voice isn't even that good. I can think of about 5 singers and their albums, right off the top of my head, that shit all over her's.

Anyways, Amy...what kind of fuckery is this? :sobbing: Frank and Back to Black were incredible.

Beat
Jun 21st, 2011, 07:47 AM
one hit wonders usually have very successful albums

what? :lol: surely not. the definition of a one hit wonder is an artist who had ONE successful SINGLE - and that's it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-hit_wonder

eck
Jun 21st, 2011, 08:20 AM
Agreed. And Joss is overrated but it's nothing compared to the nauseating and undeserved hype Adele receives. :help: Both of her albums were underwhelming and incredibly boring . And her voice isn't even that good. I can think of about 5 singers and their albums, right off the top of my head, that shit all over her's.

Anyways, Amy...what kind of fuckery is this? :sobbing: Frank and Back to Black were incredible.

Preach. :worship:
As great as a vocal talent Adele is, she isn't all that. Most of her songs are kinda slow-paced and tbh they all sound rather similar.

Betten
Jun 21st, 2011, 10:59 AM
one hit wonders usually have very successful albums, but they have only one, thats why its a ONE hit wonder. can me silly when her next album becomes a hit.

Both of her albums were sold well and were well received :shrug:

She's a lot of things, but not a one-hit wonder.

Bismarck.
Jun 21st, 2011, 11:55 AM
As great as a vocal talent Adele is, she isn't all that. Most of her songs are kinda slow-paced and tbh they all sound rather similar.

I don't even see any great vocal talent in Adele. That Brit Awards performance (which everybody raved over) was sang mostly out of tune IMO.

ivanban
Jun 21st, 2011, 04:09 PM
I don't even see any great vocal talent in Adele. That Brit Awards performance (which everybody raved over) was sang mostly out of tune IMO.

One can see that the song is very personal to her and she did very emotional performance, amaze :tears:

And how the hell did this turned into Adele hate thread?! :(

Safe-From-Harm
Jun 21st, 2011, 06:49 PM
Why people start to hating Adele in this thread?
I personally think that Adele is a great singer.

ce
Jun 21st, 2011, 07:20 PM
Adele is amazing :weirdo:

Halepsova
Jun 21st, 2011, 07:38 PM
She's the best UK artist IMO. :sad:

quote unquote
Jun 21st, 2011, 07:41 PM
she needs help but i dont like her singing

Infiniti2001
Jun 21st, 2011, 09:24 PM
I really thought she had cleaned up since she's been out of the news so long. Should've known better.

I thought so too... She spent quite a bit of time on the island of St Lucia (my homeland) and was embraced by the people... She even gained weight during her time there. This is such a shame for this talented woman :(

ampers&
Jun 22nd, 2011, 02:26 AM
Exactly. Particularly the bolded part. Her music sounds mostly the same to me. Like musical sleeping pills.
I know, right? I was so unimpressed by that performance. I got a link from a friend telling me to check it out and I was like :WTF is this? :unsure:"

Beat
Jun 22nd, 2011, 11:01 AM
and now she has cancelled her european tour, thankfully.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jun/22/amy-winehouse-cancels-comeback-tour

pov
Jun 22nd, 2011, 08:45 PM
Definitely someone with an eerily appropriate surname.

Blu€
Jul 23rd, 2011, 05:15 PM
I'm surprised she hasn't OD'ed to death...

:tears: RIP

Justin
Jul 23rd, 2011, 05:52 PM
Such wasted talent.

RIP Amy.

Singer Amy Winehouse found dead in her London home

LONDON -- Amy Winehouse, the beehived soul-jazz diva whose self-destructive habits overshadowed a distinctive musical talent, was found dead Saturday in her London home, police said. She was 27.

Continued... http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_18536516?source=rss

doni1212
Jul 23rd, 2011, 11:51 PM
This thread was the first thing I thought about when I heard the news, :sad: