PDA

View Full Version : Who is NOT playing Wimbledon?

rnwerner
Jun 18th, 2011, 10:16 PM
I can't find a thread about that.

Please can someone give the informaion about what injury is the reason for the absence.

And if the player was already in the draw, please post the lucky loser as well.

Absences:

Kim CLIJSTERS

Alisa KLEYBANOVA
I still don't know the reason... Illness?

Gisela DULKO

Timea BACSINSZKY

killerqueen
Jun 18th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Alisa is out because of illness

Safina still has her back injury :(

Jorn
Jun 18th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Whats wrong with Timea?

rnwerner
Jun 18th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Bacsinszky broke her foot in May.

"Die Waadtländerin verletzte sich am vergangenen Samstag bei einer falschen Bewegung. Dabei erlitt sie nicht nur eine Verstauchung im linken Fuss, sondern auch einen Bruch des Mittelfussknochens."

[Mittelfussknochen = metatarsal]

http://sport.ch.sportalsports.com//sportch/generated/article/tnt_tennis/2011/04/27/15141800000.html

tejmeglekvár
Jun 18th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Arn and Hantuchova is doubtful.

TNT96
Jun 19th, 2011, 01:59 AM
Kim Clijsters

In The Zone
Jun 19th, 2011, 02:00 AM
Dubois is the LL replacing Kim's entry.

stangtennis
Jun 19th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Dubois is the LL replacing Kim's entry.
Second year in a row Dubois becomes LL. Last year there was two LL's: Stéphanie Dubois
and Anastasia Pivovarova: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Wimbledon_Championships#Women.27s_singles_qua lifiers_entries

So far this year Stéphanie Dubois is the only LL in the women's draw, while there's 4 LL's in the men's draw.

stangtennis
Jun 19th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Here you can see who's NOT playing Wimbledon main draw or qualifiers:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=402496

Next weeks rank - Name

2 Kim Clijsters
25 Alisa Kleybanova
33 Gisela Dulko
44 Agnes Szavay
59 Dinara Safina
60 Timea Bacsinszky
126 Jamie Hampton
155 Madalina-Victoria Gojnea
168 Zarina Diyas
174 Michelle Larcher De Brito
177 Kiki Bertens
182 Oksana Kalashnikova
183 Rika Fujiwara
189 Ling Zhang
191 Leticia Costas-Moreira
192 Olivia Rogowska
194 Lauren Riley Albanese
195 Nudnida Luangnam
196 Yurika Sema
199 Ashley Weinhold
202 Karolina Pliskova

SeMany
Jun 19th, 2011, 12:04 PM
does anybody know the rankings of the Lucky Losers?

so dubois was first-who will be next? namigata? foretz? or espinosa?

Wert.
Jun 19th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Whats wrong with Jamie Hampton?

Jorn
Jun 19th, 2011, 12:10 PM

If more LL needed they do a Draw of the 3 mention here.

stangtennis
Jun 19th, 2011, 12:29 PM
does anybody know the rankings of the Lucky Losers?

A Majors they do a draw between all losers of the final qualifying round, so it's literally a lucky loser.

Unlike the ATP and WTA tours where the highest ranked loser gets the LL spot, so on the tours it's not really just a lucky loser but highest ranked loser.

Stephanie Dubois was only 23rd seed in the qualifiers, while another loser Junri Namigata was 13th seed. So if the Majors had done like the tours and picked the highest ranked loser, it would have been Junri Namigata who got the LL spot instead of Stephanie Dubois by draw.

SeMany
Jun 19th, 2011, 12:39 PM
A Majors they do a draw between all losers of the final qualifying round, so it's literally a lucky loser.

Unlike the ATP and WTA tours where the highest ranked loser gets the LL spot, so on the tours it's not really just a lucky loser but highest ranked loser.

Stephanie Dubois was only 23rd seed in the qualifiers, while another loser Junri Namigata was 13th seed. So if the Majors had done like the tours and picked the highest ranked loser, it would have been Junri Namigata who got the LL spot instead of Stephanie Dubois by draw.

no they do it like this: the 4 best ranked players that lose in thefinal qualifying round fight for the lucky loser spot. dubois was really lucky, because she was number 4 of that list,so there should be a n order who would be the 2nd LL the 3d and fourth

stangtennis
Jun 19th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Ok so at the Majors they do a draw between the 4 highest ranked losers, while at the WTA and ATP tours they don't do any draws, but the highest ranked just gets the first spot and so forth.

The 4 highest ranked losers:
Junri Namigata JPN (13)
Stephanie Foretz Gacon FRA (14)
Silvia Soler-Espinosa ESP (20)
Stephanie Dubois CAN (23)

Silvia Soler-Espinosa retired after only two games, so I don't know if she's able to even play. Why did she retire?
Anyway, I think it's stupid that a player who retires in the last round of the qualifiers can still become LL. Once you have retired from a match you should be out for the rest of that tournament.

SeMany
Jun 19th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Ok so at the Majors they do a draw between the 4 highest ranked losers, while at the WTA and ATP tours they don't do any draws, but the highest ranked just gets the first spot and so forth.

The 4 highest ranked losers:
Junri Namigata JPN (13)
Stephanie Foretz Gacon FRA (14)
Silvia Soler-Espinosa ESP (20)
Stephanie Dubois CAN (23)

Silvia Soler-Espinosa retired after only two games, so I don't know if she's able to even play. Why did she retire?
Anyway, I think it's stupid that a player who retires in the last round of the qualifiers can still become LL. Once you have retired from a match you should be out for the rest of that tournament.

yep- i agree should cancelled of this list or she should be automatically number 4 in this list...

volume3d
Jun 19th, 2011, 01:04 PM
my fav is not playing!:( injured

Kworb
Jun 19th, 2011, 01:26 PM
List of known injuries

http://tennis.matchstat.com/AllInjuries/

cn ireland
Jun 19th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Foretz Gacon is now also a LL, not sure who she replaced in the draw.

Soliloque
Jun 19th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Yeah, Foretz will play against Petkovic and not Dubois.

SeMany
Jun 19th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Yeah, Foretz will play against Petkovic and not Dubois.

petkovic should have played agains greta arn-so arn must have withdrawn:confused:

Uranium
Jun 19th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Whats wrong with Jamie Hampton?

Probably her freaking abdominal as always when she is playing well.

Soliloque
Jun 19th, 2011, 04:18 PM
petkovic should have played agains greta arn-so arn must have withdrawn:confused:

Yeah, my bad. I looked too fast at the draw. Arn has withdrawn and is replaced by Foretz.

Dominika23
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:18 AM
Alisa is out because of illness

Safina still has her back injury :(

man i miss seeing Safina playing tennis any word when she returns

UncleZeke
Jun 20th, 2011, 04:35 AM
Foretz replaced Greta Arn (out with a knee injury).