PDA

View Full Version : which half is due to play on monday?

doujyr
Jun 18th, 2011, 07:55 PM
can't seem to find out anywhere

Lighter
Jun 18th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Marion said she's off for 2 days.

Madoka
Jun 18th, 2011, 07:58 PM
vinci said she will be playing on monday :) so :)

Monica_Rules
Jun 18th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Top half plays tuesday i think

Defending womens champion opens tuesdays play on CC

Justin SW
Jun 18th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Since Serena is in the top half it should be the bottow half. Because the last year's women champion and her half start on tuesday.

bbjpa
Jun 18th, 2011, 08:07 PM
It's bottom half who starts on monday , it has been said since yesterday after the draw

Viktymise
Jun 18th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Defending champion always starts Tuesday.

Sammo
Jun 18th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Please don't make Dani play on Monday!

s_j
Jun 18th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Yup. Defending MEN's champ's half always starts on Monday and defending WOMEN's champ's half always starts on Tuesday.

doujyr
Jun 18th, 2011, 08:13 PM
ty all

terjw
Jun 18th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Bottom half on Monday, top half on Tuesday. I would wish that Wimbledon could show some flexibility with Dani and do a swap and postpone her match till Tuesday if she requested it. It is difficult I know and you can't just accommodate everyone who asks.

wally1
Jun 18th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Bottom half on Monday, top half on Tuesday. I would wish that Wimbledon could show some flexibility with Dani and do a swap and postpone her match till Tuesday if she requested it. It is difficult I know and you can't just accommodate everyone who asks.She might get the day off anyway. Weather forecast is bad for Monday.

dsanders06
Jun 18th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Bottom half on Monday, top half on Tuesday. I would wish that Wimbledon could show some flexibility with Dani and do a swap and postpone her match till Tuesday if she requested it. It is difficult I know and you can't just accommodate everyone who asks.

Heavy rain is forecast for Monday, so, assuming Hantuchova isn't scheduled for Centre Court (where there'll obviously still be play because of the roof), she probably will get to wait til Tuesday.

Sammo
Jun 18th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Heavy rain is forecast for Monday, so, assuming Hantuchova isn't scheduled for Centre Court (where there'll obviously still be play because of the roof), she probably will get to wait til Tuesday.

Yay!

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 18th, 2011, 09:32 PM
only 1 womens match will be played
possibly 2 if CC program is quick

:rain: :umbrella: ---------->> :banghead:

goldenlox
Jun 18th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Since they built that roof, they havent really needed it. So this will be interesting.

LightWarrior
Jun 18th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Men's defending champion playing is always scheduled on Monday (Nadal, so top half on Monday)
Women's defending champion always on Tuesday (formerly know as Ladies' Day). Serena is in the top half of the draw, so top half is playing on Tuesday. Bottom half on Monday.

In The Zone
Jun 19th, 2011, 01:32 AM
:o

Wimbledon is the only slam where you can figure it out once the draw is published!

Defending women's champion opens up the Tuesday Centre Court session. Therefore, the bottom half will play on Monday.

18majors
Jun 19th, 2011, 02:42 AM
Good luck Maria on Tuesday.

NA-GOAT
Jun 19th, 2011, 04:45 AM
only 1 womens match will be played
possibly 2 if CC program is quick

:rain: :umbrella: ---------->> :banghead:

I guess Venus is the lucky one who gets to play her match :lol:

but will they schedule all of the other 63 WTA matches for Tuesday? seems like alot of match :drool:

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 19th, 2011, 08:12 AM
forecast still says rain but now we know timescale of it, probably 3-4 hrs when it comes.
we might/should get some action

rumple
Jun 19th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Im looking for the order of play and court schedule for Monday and its not out. WTF are they waiting for?

Wert.
Jun 19th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Wimbledon and Us Open have same schedule.Top Half always plays on Tuesday.
And about Monday Order Of Play,they usually publish it on Sunday afternoon (not at RG of course)

Elisse
Jun 19th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Im looking for the order of play and court schedule for Monday and its not out. WTF are they waiting for?

It was released last year around 12noon

Elisse
Jun 19th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Wimbledon and Us Open have same schedule.Top Half always plays on Tuesday.

Nope Wimbledon doesn't, the half of the draw containing the reigning Women's Champion plays on the Tuesday - 'Ladies Day' (this year it's top half) and other half plays Monday.

With the Men it's reigning Champ half plays Monday (top) and other half plays Tuesday.

The thing that screwed up the schedule last year was when they played some doubles on the first couple of days...usually Doubles start Wednesday :help:

Wert.
Jun 19th, 2011, 09:27 AM
^ Thanks for the info :)