PDA

View Full Version : Hantuchova DOUBT for Wimbledon

itzhak
Jun 18th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Kvitova's opponent Daniela Hantuchova was forced to retire with an abdominal injury when trailing 7-6 (11-9) 4-2.

Hantuchova now faces a race to be fit for Wimbledon, which begins on Monday.

"It's not great, that's for sure," she said of her injury. "It happened at 3-0 in the first set. I was running for a wide backhand and felt a sharp pain and just was getting worse and worse from then.

"I have to hope for some magic and get as much treatment as I can. As soon as I get to Wimbledon I will try to work with the physios and try to do something to be able to be ready."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/13823136.stm

in Slovakian article (http://sport.pravda.sk/hantuchova-skoncila-v-eastbourne-skrecom-fgc-/sk_stenis.asp?c=A110618_143430_sk_stenis_p43) she was even more pessimistic, it's new injury and she is not optimistic at all about Wimbledon.

GoofyDuck
Jun 18th, 2011, 07:26 PM
So why did she keep playing :facepalm:

Jeopardize the best draw for Wimbledon she might ever have.

Andreas
Jun 18th, 2011, 07:27 PM
So why did she keep playing :facepalm:

Because otherwise she would be banned from Wimbledon :worship: That was an amazing suggestion.
Anyway, I think she will play. Wasn't Bartoli's RG appearance also in doubt? It went pretty well for her.

sluggahjells
Jun 18th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Feared this for Daniela when I heard about this.

She wanted to win this tournament, and she wouldn't have retired like that to Kvitova unless she was truly injured instead of all the idiots talking about tanking again.

Alejandrawrrr
Jun 18th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Poor thing was in great form + easy draw. Hoping for the best.

goldenlox
Jun 18th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Vika has the softest run to the semis she will ever have.
Maybe Nastia can take advantage

PLP
Jun 18th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Please not an abdominal injury!
:bigcry:

Rod the Bama
Jun 18th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Oh no this really sucks, especially since Dani had been playing well lately. :sad: I hope that she will find a way to play at Wimbledon, but at the same time, i wouldn`t have any problem with her withdrawing and saving herself for the hard courts.

Sammo
Jun 18th, 2011, 07:50 PM
:sobbing:

Ferg
Jun 18th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Bad niggly injures, just like the back. Hope its not that bad and that she recovers.

terjw
Jun 18th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Hope it gets beeter in time for her 1st match and she doessn't have to pull out. Monday for her isn't it?

Mistress of Evil
Jun 18th, 2011, 08:18 PM
just great Daniela :yawn: in the form of her life and gets injured :facepalm:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jun 18th, 2011, 08:33 PM
I was already having a bad day and now this :crying2: I have Kim out, I don't want another big fave gone :awww:
Please be fine Daniela :hug:

Craig.
Jun 18th, 2011, 08:41 PM
No, no, no, you're supposed to take out Azarenka :(

stangtennis
Jun 18th, 2011, 08:41 PM
If she retires before R1, will they rearrange the lower seeds or will she get directly replaced by a LL?
If so there will be 4 players from the qualification in the same section and therefore a guaranteed qualifier in R3:

http://www.tennisforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=58014&stc=1&d=1308426191

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/scores/draws/ws/r1s3.html

Richie's
Jun 18th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Poor Daniela... So unlucky once more... Get well soon.

eDonkey
Jun 18th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Calling the form of her life reaching the final at Birmingham and beating tanking Venus? :help:

tejmeglekvár
Jun 18th, 2011, 08:56 PM
fck nooo :sobbing:

Mistress of Evil
Jun 18th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Calling the form of her life reaching the final at Birmingham and beating tanking Venus? :help:

duh, it was exaggerated :shrug: but still the last couple of weeks are the best thing that Hantuchova has shown in ages ;) so yeah she is in pretty good form, playing some of her best tennis :bigwave:

tejmeglekvár
Jun 18th, 2011, 09:07 PM
If she retires before R1, will they rearrange the lower seeds or will she get directly replaced by a LL?
If so there will be 4 players from the qualification in the same section and therefore a guaranteed qualifier in R3:

1, if she withdraws before first OOP is released, they'll put the #33 seed to her place. And the LL gets the previous place of #33 seed, whoever is she.

2, if she withdraws after OOP is released, they'll just put an LL there.

I don't think she'll be in hurry, so option 2 is likely. But hopefully she is fine...

eDonkey
Jun 18th, 2011, 09:18 PM
duh, it was exaggerated :shrug: but still the last couple of weeks are the best thing that Hantuchova has shown in ages ;) so yeah she is in pretty good form, playing some of her best tennis :bigwave:

We can lengthen the list with wins over Vera some months ago and over Caroline lately. What's good is that she truly played some close matches recently and handled the pressure. :p
She is preparing for her Indian Wells anniversary and shows some early forms of life.:lol:

Mistress of Evil
Jun 18th, 2011, 09:30 PM
We can lengthen the list with wins over Vera some months ago and over Caroline lately. What's good is that she truly played some close matches recently and handled the pressure. :p
She is preparing for her Indian Wells anniversary and shows some early forms of life.:lol:

yay :D 2002 - 2007 - 2012 :cheer:

s teddy
Jun 18th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Steve Tignor predicted Hantuchova to win her quarter, but then predicted Venus to defeat Pavlyuchenkova in the bottom-half semifinal. Now we know why.

smarties
Jun 18th, 2011, 10:54 PM
drop out;at least Galina Voskoboeva will enter as a LL

In The Zone
Jun 19th, 2011, 01:57 AM
Steve Tignor predicted Hantuchova to win her quarter, but then predicted Venus to defeat Pavlyuchenkova in the bottom-half semifinal. Now we know why.

:lol: I love it when people do/say things like this.

Hantuchova will not withdraw. She will hang in there. She also knows she has two qualifiers so if she can hang on through the pain, she really has until Friday to be 100% when she plays Azarenka. Like it has been said, this is her best draw EVER at Wimbledon (aren't we surprised she didn't draw a Williams? She is like a magnet) and I am sure she is aware of that along with her current form.

18majors
Jun 19th, 2011, 02:00 AM
It's a pity as Hantuchova is in her best form ever.

Josh.
Jun 19th, 2011, 02:01 AM
:facepalm:

Don't withdraw, ffs.

Root
Jun 19th, 2011, 02:19 AM
Based on her FB message, I don't think she's ready to withdraw.

...But I'm trying to forget it now. I have a lot of positives to take and I feel so confident for Wimbledon :) Obviously Wimbledon is the highlight of my year. Whatever shape I'm in, I'll take that and give it my best shot...

starin
Jun 19th, 2011, 02:21 AM
Do people really think she's a title contender? :rolleyes:
at this point she should try and stay healthy, elongate her career and rack up as much prize money as she can.

Melly Flew Us
Jun 19th, 2011, 02:22 AM
such a shame; i hope she goes to that ultra-sound or infra-red whatever guy if only to increase her mental positivity.

Root
Jun 19th, 2011, 02:25 AM
Do people really think she's a title contender? :rolleyes:
at this point she should try and stay healthy, elongate her career and rack up as much prize money as she can.

Not the title but she has a shot at the semi finals in Wimbledon, unless Azarenka retires against her. :drool: That's something big I would say. For some players, it's not always the prize money.

monmonito
Jun 19th, 2011, 02:35 AM
I think Dani will take it one at a tine...
Take a good rest until the oop is out...then do your best from the 1R..
;):):D

DefyingGravity
Jun 19th, 2011, 02:57 AM
Remember you can't always use qualifiers as good practice rounds anymore. They have adjusted to the Wimbledon grass, and are hungry to get past round 1 to increase their point totals from Wimbledon. She COULD, if she's not healthy, get someone who is really really tough

Tipp
Jun 19th, 2011, 03:05 AM
Remember you can't always use qualifiers as good practice rounds anymore. They have adjusted to the Wimbledon grass, and are hungry to get past round 1 to increase their point totals from Wimbledon. She COULD, if she's not healthy, get someone who is really really tough

They haven't adjusted, Wimbledon qualies are held in a different club entirely (roehampton). And she's got Diatchenko, who should roll over without much resistance if Dani can play at all well.

Aaron.
Jun 19th, 2011, 03:08 AM
Maybe Anatoxfa can play in her place :oh:

Wert.
Jun 19th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Dani on Facebook
Thank you for all of your kind messages :) I will talk to you all from Wimbledon...

:inlove: :inlove:

LoLex
Jun 19th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Daniela seems to play so good this year and she had some huge wins. It's hard to believe she is still outside top 20. Looking at this, I really think there should be quality points again.

Hopefully she will play.

Danapova
Jun 19th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Don't hope she pulls out! She was playing so well on grass. Would be a BIG shame if she withdraws!

quote unquote
Jun 19th, 2011, 05:43 PM
i hope Daniela is fit to play Wimbledon, this year could be big for her but i doubt it

markedman
Jun 19th, 2011, 06:12 PM

LOL! Venus tanked! You mean she LOST! Anyway, it's sad for Hantuchova. Hope she can recover.

Shepster
Jun 19th, 2011, 06:33 PM
If this was an injury that would threaten her Wimbledon, she'd have retired far sooner than she did (i.e. first set at 4-3 when she first had treatment, after the 1st set, or when she was 3-0 down in the second rather than playing on til 4-2). I don't see her as a doubt at all, the girl will play.

Roookie
Jun 19th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Huge chance for Dani to go deep in the draw.

DeliriousPotato
Jun 19th, 2011, 07:21 PM
No Mohawk serious and agressive handscraped floor? :sad: