9. Caroline Wozniacki…(42)

10. Amélie Mauresmo…39

Next up: Davenport :armed:

Adrian.
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:42 PM
she never will reach Davenport :cheer:

Ryan
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Might not have won a Slam yet, but that's still pretty impressive.

kman
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:44 PM

She'll reach Davenport easily. Only 20 years old and the weeks are ticking in.

Julian.
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:45 PM
The only one without a grand slam on that list :awww:

Alejandrawrrr
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:48 PM
This clearly means she'll go down in history as greater.

toxina90
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Fair enough, but #1 never seemed that important to me :shrug:

timafi
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Amelie:
2 slams+ 1 final
1 YEC + 2 finals
1 Olympic medal
1 Fed Cup

kman
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:50 PM
*grabs popcorn and watches the haters get their panties in a bunch*

:lol:

FORZA SARITA
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:50 PM
she will surely break the record of #1 weeks without win a slam :facepalm:

Ryan
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Amelie:
2 slams+ 1 final
1 YEC + 2 finals
1 Olympic medal
1 Fed Cup

:rolleyes: Did anyone say Caroline was a better player? It's just one statistic, don't be so defensive.

Sammo
Amelie:
2 slams+ 1 final
1 YEC + 2 finals
1 Olympic medal
1 Fed Cup

This :shrug:

Libertango
I agree that it is amazing how well Wozniacki is doing.... though I think I mean it in a different way to you...

Uranus
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:52 PM
kman is so desperate.

Helen Lawson
Sad, pathetic and tragic.

BartoLiNa
Congrats Caroline :cheer:

ViceUltramontain
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:53 PM
:facepalm:

She's still at 35 weeks. Wait 5 weeks to enjoy her failure.

Adrian.
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:54 PM
kman is so desperate.

This :)

Ryusuke Tenma
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Yes, she will.
The only one without a grand slam on that list :awww:
And...your point is? Srtill a great amount of weeks at no.1, slam or not. She'll get one eventually, so if I was you, I'd milk the "she has no slam" shit as much as I can :yeah:
Amelie:
2 slams+ 1 final
1 YEC + 2 finals
1 Olympic medal
1 Fed Cup
Booooo hooooo she passed Mauresmo :bigcry:
she will surely break the record of #1 weeks without win a slam :facepalm:
Why are you crying about this?

Haters crying as usual, desperate to point out that Caroline doesn't have a grand slam :weirdo: When she does get a slam, what will you all say? :lol: Haha, get on my level :lol:

Madoka
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:59 PM
im talking to pushniackis fans...and i am serious...dont you realize it is worse when you open threads like that ?? this way you make pushniacki only more hated/ridicolous to our eyes.

do i really have to believe you are really happy coz she surpassed amelie with weeks at number one ?? you all would exchange all these weeks with just a slam, i can bet :)

i think its just a way to get appreciation...but the result is the opposite...

ViceUltramontain
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:01 PM
This thread need to be deleted. We're not in the future. She has 35 weeks at number one. kman already lives in August, it's his problem, not ours.

kman
:facepalm:

She's still at 35 weeks. Wait 5 weeks to enjoy her failure.

She's secured 42, hence the parenthesis. No one else can reach her before August.

Enjoy your failure.

Shaun:::
stupid:p

eck
Imagine if she surpasses Serena without a slam :lol:
All hell would break loose.

LUXXXAS
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:03 PM
ouch :o
what a shame for women's tennis... :rolleyes:

Shaun:::
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Imagine if she surpasses Serena without a slam :lol:
All hell would break loose.

oh
someone would say Wozzy is better than Serena:spit::oh:

Julian.
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:04 PM
And...your point is? Srtill a great amount of weeks at no.1, slam or not. She'll get one eventually, so if I was you, I'd milk the "she has no slam" shit as much as I can :yeah:

I'm just stating the current fact, mate :awww:

kman
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:06 PM
do i really have to believe you are really happy coz she surpassed amelie with weeks at number one ??
It's an amazing achievement.

you all would exchange all these weeks with just a slam, i can bet :)
Absolutely not. Plenty of slam winners have been forgotten. There's lot of fluke slam winners whom the generally public have no fucking clue about. Being on a top 10 list of the longest reigning #1s along with all those legends is a way to be remembered. That list will continue to be passed around by pundits, in tennis articles etc. And Wozniacki is on it. Safe to say she's made the tennis history books.

I expect her to surpass Serena too on that list.

FORZA SARITA
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Absolutely not. Plenty of slam winners have been forgotten. There's lot of fluke slam winners whom the generally public have no fucking clue about. Being on a top 10 list of the longest reigning #1s along with all those legends is a way to be remembered. That list will continue to be passed around among pundits, in tennis articles etc. And Wozniacki is on it. Safe to say she's made the tennis history books.

OMFG this is the most pathetic thing i've read on this forum :spit:
so people don't remember who are slam winners but how many weeks have been #1 Davenport, Seles & co :worship:

ViceUltramontain
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:10 PM
It's an amazing achievement.

Absolutely not. Plenty of slam winners have been forgotten. There's lot of fluke slam winners whom the generally public have no fucking clue about. Being on a top 10 list of the longest reigning #1s along with all those legends is a way to be remembered. That list will continue to be passed around by pundits, in tennis articles etc. And Wozniacki is on it. Safe to say she's made the tennis history books.

Thanks to confirm that she'll be only remembered when people will read that list. Nobody will think about her otherwise as it's the only thing she'll achieve.

kman
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:11 PM
so people don't remember who are slam winners but how many weeks have been #1 Davenport, Seles & co :worship:

Yes, count the number of slam winners versus the number of people who have been #1 for more than 40 weeks.

You'll find the list of former is a lot longer (a mile longer). Being #1 for 40+ weeks is way more special.

By the time Wozniacki retires, she'll have a bucket worth of slams anyway so the point is moot.

Ryusuke Tenma
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Who remembers who Myskina was? She was a slam winner, right? Nobody remembers her. Majoli??? No, nobody remembers her either. Wozniacki is already remembered and will be remembered for a long time to come, and when she wins slams, her amazing career will be remembered even more.

Break My Rapture
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Where is her slam?

The fact that she surpassed Momo, a great and classy champion, is bad enough already even if it is only with the #1 ranking (which is representative of nothing more than your seeding in a draw these days).

ViceUltramontain
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Who remembers who Myskina was? She was a slam winner, right? Nobody remembers her. Majoli??? No, nobody remembers her either. Wozniacki is already remembered and will be remembered for a long time to come, and when she wins slams, her amazing career will be remembered even more.

http://i41.tinypic.com/f30wm.gif

Ryusuke Tenma
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Thanks to confirm that she'll be only remembered when people will read that list. Nobody will think about her otherwise as it's the only thing she'll achieve.
Wrong, every one who loves tennis will know who Wozniacki is. Her many weeks at no.1, her many slams and her many titles will be remembered. You can bet on that. She will up there will the Williams sisters, Davenport, Hingis etc.

kman
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Exactly. The general public don't remember those names.

But when peple go to look up stats for "weeks at number one" for Graf, Navratilova etc., they'll see that list with Wozniacki on it and they'll know her name.

So even without slams, Caroline has already made the tennis history books. Being only 20 years old, she has a lot of time to solidify her place further. I expect her to surpass Serena on that list and win a number of slams too.

It'll be glorious.

Libertango
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:16 PM
When Woz DOES win a slam (which, IMO, is inevitable) what will happen on here; will everyone be at peace with her?

Madoka
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:16 PM
noone will remember safina, as noone will remember pushiacki...

as for Majoli...i do remember her, the athelte who didnt allow higis getting the gran slam.

edit : maybe im wrong, theyll be remembered 2gether with JJ, the most shameful number 1 in the wta ranking

ViceUltramontain
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:17 PM

The general public don't know who Wozniacki is already.

FORZA SARITA
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:19 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/f30wm.gif

OMG love this :lol:

Setsuna.
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Wow! Carotards are really pathetic.

améliemomo
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:20 PM
[B]

The general public don't know who Wozniacki is already.

I confirm. All n°1 she is.

kman
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Wow! Carotards are really pathetic.

Jealous much?

If you people weren't so jealous you would've simply said "congratulations" and moved on. But you all had to get your panties in a bunch :lol:

DefyingGravity
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:22 PM

But when peple go to look up stats for "weeks at number one" for Graf, Navratilova etc., they'll see that list with Wozniacki on it and they'll know her name.

So even without slams, Caroline has already made the tennis history books. Being only 20 years old, she has a lot of time to solidify her place further. I expect her to surpass Serena on that list and win a number of slams too.

It'll be glorious.

Ummmm..........since when do tennis fans that only tune in for ESPN's coverage of the SLAMS go actively look up who else was #1? They care about what the commentators harp about, which is number of SLAMS and achievements at SLAMS. Look at Federer. They could have talked about how many weeks at #1 he spent every single day. They, instead, talked about him being the owner of 16 major titles, his reaching the quarterfinals of every major he's played since 2004 RG, and other major-related achievements.

I'm not saying that's impressive...but when you say people go to look up stats for weeks at number one, I'm pretty sure you mean us and occasionally the ESPN stats crew.

backhandsmash
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Wow,the supertroll and the GOATtroll doubleteaming it in this thread. :lol:

melodynelson
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:25 PM
The utter arrogance by a few Caroline "fans" really shouldn't damper the opinion of everyone who is a Caroline fan. There are two, maybe three really aggravating ones--and they do it on purpose. Ignore them. :shrug:

I said it before, I'll say it again, having wild expectations for any athlete is the absolute worst thing to do, because you never know what will happen in the future. Expecting Wozniacki to amass more than 150 weeks at #1 and a handful of slams is utter folly, and really just stupid. But I get the feeling these few idiots in particular say this just to annoy us...

Good on Wozniacki for achieving this. She is for sure the best player to not have yet win a slam.

kman
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Ummmm..........since when do tennis fans that only tune in for ESPN's coverage of the SLAMS go actively look up who else was #1?
I did. Before I started following tennis. I've always been curious about who's the longest reigning #1s in different sports, even chess and so on. Wikipedia is a great way to find out about that. I know lots of other people who look stuff like that up on Wikipedia.

timafi
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:26 PM
oh
someone would say Wozzy is better than Serena:spit::oh:

I know right? :facepalm:

s_j
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:26 PM
I dare say Caroline might remain #1 for a few more months, but as the end of the year draws nearer, I think it'll be touch-and-go.

Linguae^
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:28 PM
@kman
You are so pathetic and desperate.
We all know who is a champion and who deserves to be. Caro is a good player, but not a champion yet. :p

kman
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:28 PM
I know right? :facepalm:

You're sporting the French flag so I can see why you would be bitter right now.

kman
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:29 PM
@kman
You are so pathetic and desperate.
We all know who is a champion and who deserves to be. Caro is a good player, but not a champion yet. :p

She's #1 and a 17-time champion on the WTA tour.

LCS
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:31 PM
:lol: why brag about this at this point?

Sefo
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:35 PM
The general public already remembers her... as the "interim #1".

goldenlox
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:41 PM
So: being number one – is it hard to handle? Having reached the top, do you suddenly feel as if you’re on the edge of a great existential void? “For me, it’s pretty easy. Because I’m so young, and I’ve arrived where I want to be, and I know that I want to stay there as many weeks as possible. I always have goals. Every time I step into the court, I want to win the tournament.” That’s a pretty firm no, then.

What about Wimbledon? She says she’s fine on grass – the bounce is very similar to the indoor courts she’s just been playing on. I ask her which players she fears. “I don’t fear anybody,” she says. “If I play well it’s tough to beat me. If somebody beats you, it just means she’s too good that day.”