PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon 1st round- J.Goerges Vs Medina Garrigues

MalJackson
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:25 PM
tricky one for julia but she should win?

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/javaImages/82/f3/0,,12781~7467906,00.jpg

VS

http://www.mirosport.net/wp-content/uploads/Medina-Garrigues.jpg

MalJackson
Jun 18th, 2011, 04:24 PM
julia doesnt have a good record at wimbo

Ivanovic2008
Jun 18th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Both suck on grass I think (AMG does right)
But I think Jules will pull it out :kiss:

MalJackson
Jun 19th, 2011, 09:46 AM
yes she should win i guess

StephenUK
Jun 19th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Anabel in 3 sets. Julia has only won one match at Wimbledon in 3 attempts; Anabel, while hardly an accomplished grass court player, has made the third round three times, so I think she knows a bit more about playing on the surface. Plus Julia will have all the pressure, she's exactly the sort of seed to lose early here.

madmax
Jun 19th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Julia in easy 2 - what are you haters smoking anyway?:haha:

*Jool*
Jun 19th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Anabel in 3 sets. Julia has only won one match at Wimbledon in 3 attempts; Anabel, while hardly an accomplished grass court player, has made the third round three times, so I think she knows a bit more about playing on the surface. Plus Julia will have all the pressure, she's exactly the sort of seed to lose early here.

you mean that thriller 14-12 vs Kata in (2008?) ? oh, Kata :facepalm:

I'd like Anabel to cause an upset here, she already beat Goerges this year , hasn't she? :scratch: but I still think Julia will win ..

Rainmaker
Jun 19th, 2011, 11:36 AM
this. on grass experience matters i think, and though not being a accomplished grasscourt player AMG has way more experience than goerges who has all the pressure and to be honest, who hasnt been all that special since winning the title in stuttgart. sorry for her, but im pretty sure she will have an early exit.

18majors
Jun 19th, 2011, 11:55 AM
It will be tricky but Julia will prevail.

KapitalL
Jun 19th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Goerges will need to play one hell of a match to get through this one. Medina is someone who can make her move and someone who has her fair share of good matches here over the years.
Goerges moves awkwardly on grass, her forehand is far less effective cause she needs more time to set it up and she always looks kind of off balance. Also her serve is doing a lot less damage. Kickers aren't going to do a whole lot of damage on grass. Anybody who's seen her match against Ana recently knows this won't be a walk in the park by any means.

Javi.
Jun 19th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Julia should win this, imo. I'd be thrilled if Anabel upsets

Pops Maellard
Jun 19th, 2011, 12:31 PM
AMG for the upset. :oh:

quote unquote
Jun 19th, 2011, 04:56 PM
i seen Julia Goerges play @ Eastbourne, boy she played bad, and her skirt was too short

mk27
Jun 19th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Anabel in 3 sets. Julia has only won one match at Wimbledon in 3 attempts;

Because she had Jankovic and Bartoli in the first round in the last 2 years.

scouver
Jun 19th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Julia is going to win cleanly in two. Medina is a good player but more for the clay court.

Tennis Observer
Jun 22nd, 2011, 04:07 PM
this. on grass experience matters i think, and though not being a accomplished grasscourt player AMG has way more experience than goerges who has all the pressure and to be honest, who hasnt been all that special since winning the title in stuttgart. sorry for her, but im pretty sure she will have an early exit.
Goerges will need to play one hell of a match to get through this one. Medina is someone who can make her move and someone who has her fair share of good matches here over the years.
Goerges moves awkwardly on grass, her forehand is far less effective cause she needs more time to set it up and she always looks kind of off balance. Also her serve is doing a lot less damage. Kickers aren't going to do a whole lot of damage on grass. Anybody who's seen her match against Ana recently knows this won't be a walk in the park by any means.
AMG for the upset. :oh:
Julia in easy 2 - what are you haters smoking anyway?:haha:
R1 [16]Julia Goerges def Anabel Medina Garrigues 63 60 in 71’

Root
Jun 22nd, 2011, 04:09 PM
Basing it all on a loss against VIP? :rolls: