PDA

View Full Version : Eastbourne SF: Kvitova def. Anotoxfa 76(9) 42 ret.

klever58
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:14 PM
tanked? :o

Shepster
Dani, you're 3-0 down, then win a couple of games and THEN retire? :lol: Should have done it after the first set, she clearly wasn't doing 4 sets after that.

eck
+ Abdomen injury?

s_j
Probably, although she did call for the trainer in the first set for an abdominal problem.

NyCPsU
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Daniela had a sp in that long tiebreak :( Clearly whoever won the tiebreak when the first set took an hour and 15 minutes would go on to win.

Now rest up for Wimbledon Daniela, you are in great form and have a real shot at the semis :inlove:

Antoshka
Petra :cheer:

Joelina
shoulder, abdominal what else Daniela? thank God she retired ;) now GL in Wimbledon, make the semis! :devil:

Break My Rapture
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Hopefully nothing serious for Dani.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Daniela was injured, she had the trainer on court a couple of times :awww: Hope it's nothing serious and she'll be fully fit for Wimbledon :) Tbh I thought she'd give up after the first set, I don't understand why she continued playing.

Marionated
Well she had a long time out at 4-3*. Hope it's nothing too serious :hug:

hurricanejeanne
:unsure:

Well if that third round with Dani/Vika is gonna happen, it's gonna be a hot mess

eck
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:17 PM
:unsure:

Well if that third round with Dani/Vika is gonna happen, it's gonna be a hot mess

:o

WWRF?

Inger67
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:19 PM
c'mon Petra :bounce: Win another big(ish) title before the start of a slam!

Root
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:20 PM
She had an abdominal injury during the first set.

It was pretty much clear whoever wins the first set would win the match, especially after the somewhat long tie break. Good luck in the final KvittyGOAT.

Dani. :hug: You have now won me over. Amazing tournaments and wins you had. Caroline Wozniacki, Ana Ivanovic, Li Na, Venus Williams and would have been a great addition to the list had she somehow defeated KvittyGOAT. You would think she was doping.

Rest well and good luck in Wimbledon. :yeah:

Coconut91
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:21 PM
c'mon Petra :bounce: Win another big(ish) title before the start of a slam!

... and win the slam this time :cheer:

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Petra :cheer:
Dani :wavey:

Mistress of Evil
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:23 PM
oh, great, Danielle :o being in-form which happens like never :tape: and gets injured :rolleyes: it better not be serious

#kArLoS#
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:23 PM
wise decision,Danielle :hug: ;)

Now take a deserved rest and then be ready for Wimbly :kiss:

Joelina
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:24 PM
well, Daniela is maybe in love again ;) according to some media, she is dating with Slovakian hockey player Marian Gaborik

C. Drone
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:25 PM
should have retired after 1st set. :o really hope it's just prevention :hug:

now Petra has to win that effin title! :cheer:

Tweety Snape
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Still a great tournament. :bigclap:
We all knew whoever won the first set would win the match. Just hope the injury isn't too serious. :hug:

Good luck Petra, go win another big title! :cheer:

Richie's
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Poor Danka.... Good Luck in W.

Langers
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:27 PM
That'd be right, just after I placed a bet on her to win Wimbledon. :o

18majors
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Petra is a winner.

Keadz
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:33 PM
That'd be right, just after I placed a bet on her to win Wimbledon. :o

:lol: and you expected a return on that? :p I wish I was capable of betting like that, then maybe I could make some money.

Anyway, hope Dani is fine. Would hate for her good form to be ruined by injury....again.

Petra hitting some form at the right time, she will be a huuugggee threat next week.

Root
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:35 PM
:lol: and you expected a return on that? :p I wish I was capable of betting like that, then maybe I could make some money.

Anyway, hope Dani is fine. Would hate for her good form to be ruined by injury....again.

Petra hitting some form at the right time, she will be a huuugggee threat next week.

She was always going to be a threat in Wimbledon whether TF posters liked it or not.

Langers
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:43 PM

She's at $31, I placed a 5'er on her. ;) Too good to ignore given her form/draw IMO.

SVK
Jun 18th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Long break at 3-4 in first (after she wasted 3-0 leading), then competetive first set...donīt think itīs that serious.

Never mind....Daniela is Slovak Nr 1 again *AJDE* :woohoo::rocker::D

QueenBee
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Dani :sad: :hug: get well ASAP. We want to see u at the Championships

sluggahjells
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:31 PM
well, Daniela is maybe in love again ;) according to some media, she is dating with Slovakian hockey player Marian Gaborik

Wait, she was in love before?

Seriously tho, I thought she had the hots for Ancic back in the day.

Sammo
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:55 PM

I think that her coach would be cooler, he seems like a really nice guy.

Anyway, this Marian Gaborik isn't a legend of Slovakian hockey from the 60's, is he? I'm just asking because of her previous boyfriend

Josh.
Jun 18th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Really hope she is 100% fit for Wimbledon. Has a good shot another deep slam run and I wouldn't want injury or the real Hantuchova to show up.

sluggahjells
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:02 PM
I think that her coach would be cooler, he seems like a really nice guy.

Anyway, this Marian Gaborik isn't a legend of Slovakian hockey from the 60's, is he? I'm just asking because of her previous boyfriend

I wouldn't say a legend. He plays for the Rangers, and he is a very good player, though not a true star.....But he is very talented and accomplished goal scorer throughout his years in the NHL.

Langers
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Except for in the playoffs. :o ;)

SVK
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Legend of Slovakian hockey:p Not legend of NHL or like that:p
And definitely not from the 60s, he is an active player:p

And where did you read that Joelina?:spit: I didnīt hear anything about that and Daniela isnīt really the one who usually say such things in media...Anyway I somehow canīt imagine these two together:lol:

Sammo
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:07 PM
The guy denies it

http://www.pluska.sk/sport/sport-bulvar/gaborik-hantuchova-pravda-ich-vztahu.html

sluggahjells
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:08 PM
The guy denies it

http://www.pluska.sk/sport/sport-bulvar/gaborik-hantuchova-pravda-ich-vztahu.html

He better........If he didn't, and they weren't together, Daniela would absolutely kill him (not literally, but you should know what I mean.)

BTW, Google translator is amazing.

Linguae^
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Wow, Flukhova tanked quite obviously. She is a mental midget once again. :cheer:

SVK
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Well..this newspaper isnīt really a reliable source anyway:p So God knows if there were even some rumours like they wrote or they just tried to make a non exist dating:p

Sammo
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Wow, Flukhova tanked quite obviously. She is a mental midget once again. :cheer:

Hmmm... you again?

Root
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:15 PM

Obviously. She could have tanked as early as first set but continued playing after injury and tiebreak. Come second set and KvittyGOAT leading 3-0, she should have obviously tanked here but for some bizarre reason the match went on to 4-2 before retiring.

Belmont Lad
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Poor Dani, a wonderful week derailed by injury. :sobbing: Hopefully it's something that can be addressed quickly with Wimbledon starting :hug:

jrm
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Kvitova is better player, no suprise here

Qrystyna
Jun 18th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Anotoxfa :o hope she's ok for Wimbledon :kiss: